Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public When the Cards All Fold (Kaeshana/Invite)

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

And so Kaida found herself facing Coryth while the tiny, badly scarred and bruised redhead floted in the bacta tank. Predictably the Jedi was doing her best to try and resist the pull to go to sleep, even though she bloody well needed right now!

Truth be told, Kaida felt a bit...awkward. Well, she did have a perfectly objective reason to be here. Namely to check up on Coryth and make sure she was fine. And no, she was not checking her out at all because that was inappropriate on so many levels. Well, maybe she had done for so for a moment or two. The woman looked like a mess, this was obvious, and there was nothing to hide the multitude of nasty scars that were so deeply etched into her skin. Scars that even bacta could not heal. Still she was...beautiful. Err, wait, where had that come from? Shaking these thoughts from her mind, Kaida pulled up a chair and sat down.

Elayne smiled brightly, happy to see the human awake and looking comfortable, if not cheerful. "Thank you, Phylis." She said softly, as she pulled a seat up alongside the master's bed. "I'm fine, well not fine .... but good enough I guess. Just a few broken ribs, some scraps ... Nothing that won't heal. Personally, I'm just ready to go home."

The redhead then sighed, "Kaida is being difficult as always, so I count that as fine and normal. As for Siobhan and Coryth, both remain in bacta tanks. Though word is they will recover. It seems the battle took it's toll on the both of them. Hopefully they'll be stable enough in the next day that maybe we can take them home." That was her hope, yearning greatly to be back home on Kaeshana. No doubt being home would be good for the rest of them as well. "As for you, how are you? Feeling better, I do hope."

[member="Phylis Alince"] | [member="Kaida Taldir"]

Coryth for her part would sleep for several hours more, before she'd stir again. Her toes wiggled at first, the only sign at all that she wasn't entirely asleep. Then a turn of her head, fluttering eyes, and finally Coryth lifted a hand slowly through the bacta, reaching to rub her eyes.

Groggily she opened them. Coryth still looked like hell, and frankly she looked uncomfortable as her grey eyes searched the room. Her attention soon came to Kaida sitting outside. For once it seemed Coryth actually took the time to assess her wounds. Glancing to her injured and aching body, the redhead seemed keenly aware that the bacta tank might be the best place for her. Even if she hated the things.

Nervously, clearly not liking her situation, she glanced around. Shifting slowly in the fluid she pressed her hands against the glass. She might have wanted out, but the tiny woman made no attempts to make it happen. Nor did she raise a voice or attempt to get anyone's attention to help that effort. No, instead it seemed Coryth for a change had come to her senses.

Knowing there was a com device in her breathing mask, the redhead finally spoke, "How are the others?" She asked, still a bit more concerned for them, over herself. "Also, you're the one who shot me, aren't you?" Yup, the tiny Jedi just had to bring that up. Though Coryth didn't sound too upset by that little fact. It wasn't the first time, someone had shot her trying to save her life. As ironic as that might sound, it was none the less true. This was the second time something like that had happened and at least this time it was a stun bolt, not a slug.

[member="Kaida Taldir"] | [member="Phylis Alince"]

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] [member="Kaida Taldir"]
“Hmm? Oh yes, infinitely better. Had a concussion to the head, so taking it easy. I know when I should be resting, and when I should be up,” she added. Of course, she’d just tried to get up before, but she didn’t mention that!

“I’m glad to hear that Coryth and Siobhan are better. Hmm, Ms Taldir does seem to be a rather stubborn person. Still, I’m sure she knows her business,” Phylis commented politely.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"They're alright. Alince and Elayne seem to be up and about again, Kerrigan is stil asleep. And, yes, I did shoot you. It was necessary at the time." Was she supposed to apologise? It had been for Coryth's own good, but then the tiny redhead did not seem pissed, so Kaida did not try to.

"How are you feeling?" There was a pause and a frown creased Kaida's features. "I suppose that was a silly question." Why the hell did small talk have to be so awkward? At some point in her life the frost elf had lost most of her social skills. Perhaps during time spent in the Temple of Duty.

Elayne nodded, and smiled softly. "I'm glad to hear that, you getting better. Concussions after all are most unpleasant."

Once more she nodded. Then she shifted forward with a slight wince to rest her elbows on her knees. "Me too. They both went through a hell of a lot. And yes, you have no idea exactly how stubborn she is." Elayne sighed, "But she usually knows when she's badly hurt ... Well sometimes. Sometimes she's far too stubborn to even admit that." This was a conversation that she hoped Kaida did not in any way hear. She was likely to lose all of her leave for a long time, if she did.

Coryth nodded. "Good, good.... glad to know they fared alright." A frown crossed her lips. "A little worrying about Siobhan still being asleep but I guess as long as she is stable it's okay." The little Jedi then sighed, "As much as I don't like that it was necessary, I know it was. I'm not the least bit upset about it. Just didn't want it at the time." Not that anyone could really blame her for that.

Coryth shook her head, "Yeah a bit of a silly question, nonetheless, I'll answer it. I feel like hell to be honest. Don't want to really move if I don't have to. Still far too sore, but I'm alive. That's the important part. Wasn't sure I was going to make it through either, just glad I did." And still Coryth had to check on others, Kaida included. "What about you? Surely you didn't escape that mess unscathed."

Circe gave a soft sigh, still having the box as she fiddled with it back and forth. Hopefully soon she would figure out exactly what it was doing - how it related to [member="Coryth Elaris"].

Until then, she supposed.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

"I'm fine," Kaida responded laconically. Actually she was not, but she was obviously not going to admit that! Because she was stubborn, prideful and stuff. "On the bright side, you blew up the box of evil and you're alive. I'd...ask whether you need something, but you're gonna be in that tank for a bit."

There was a pause. "And don't even think about sneaking out the moment you're able to walk. Otherwise I'll have to put a collar with a bell on you." Totally not foreshadowing.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“Stubbornness is a most frustrating thing. If people could admit to themselves the truth without deceit it would be easier to be truthful to others as well. Still, I suppose she feels that displaying weakness makes her weak. Still….”
Phylis put down her ancient magazine and slowly stood. The monitoring machines protested, but she ignored them. This time she did not feel like flopping back.
“I could do with a shower and my old clothes back. I should go and see the others too.”

"Fine? Hardly. Doesn't take a Jedi to know that." Coryth said with a slight shake of her head. "You have a few broken ribs, yes? Among other wounds ...." Somethings could not be hidden from the tiny Jedi Master.

"Ah, so I didn't dream that part of things. I suppose that's my mind feels a bit .... freer." The redhead nodded, "Yeah .... I kinda figured on that. There is a point when it just hurts too fething bad to have the urge to move... And I'm well past that point." This might be a small bit of a miracle at this point Coryth actually admitting how wounded she was, and had little urge to actually escape the bacta tank, despite being more claustrophobic than she'd ever admit to.

Coryth smiled, though that was hidden by the breathing mask. "Didn't plan on it. Occasionally I do realize and acknowledge when I'm too hurt to dare do such things. .... Okay, rarely..... But this is one of those times that I do admit to it." At least she was being lighthearted and playful. If anything that was always a good sign. "So keep the collar and bell... I'm staying put for a change of pace. Surprising as that may be given past history."

"I agree. If only she'd go along with that, instead of trying to hide what she views as weakness. It's not weakness, at least not to me." She said with a slight shrug. Though she winced for the effort, a reminder that she hadn't quite healed. A broken rib is a broken rib. No matter who you are it still fething hurts.

"I suppose, if you do not need any assistance I'll go back to the others and wait. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you. At least anyone but Kaida, she's grumpy like that." Again Elayne hoped Kaida was not hearing any of this, otherwise life might get .... interesting. Elayne only waited long enough to see if the human would need her help and then she'd head back down to where Kaida was.

[member="Coryth Elaris"], [member="Phylis Alince"]

And so finally Siobhan awoke from her slumber since it had taken her long enough. Her toes wiggled a bit, then finally her eyes fluttered open. She lifted a hand with glacial slowness, trying to reach her eyes and rub them as she got used to her surroundings.

Still in a haze and feeling rather groggy, she took stock. She looked like hell and still felt like it. Suffice to say she did not like bacta tanks much, but right now she was not in a position to get out of this one. At least she concluded this when she tried to stretch ever so slightly, and then gave up when she was rewarded with a painful wince. Admittedly she was probably still doing better than Coryth, but then she had not been tormented by Sith Poison and a malevolent box of evil.

By the way, the aforementioned box had been totally destroyed, there was nothing left of it, since it had exploded in a blast of holy light. Still not happy with her position she glanced arond and, moving ever so slowly in the fluid, pressed a hand against the glass, wondering how everyone else was doing. Or where they were for that matter.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Moderatel awkward small talk continued. Well, it was awkward on Kaida's end at any rate. "Shame, I think the collar and bell would look good on you," Kaida spoke, then immediately regretted it. No, this was not an awkward and terribly lame attempt at flirtation, which was something she had always sucked at.

She coughed slightly. "I didn't just say that. It's, uh, good that you're alive...and not about to run off." She did not comment on her own broken ribs because she was totally fine! Well, actually she was not since they still hurt. A broken rib was a broken rib, no matter how tough you were, but she was incapable of admitting that.

[member="Elayne Saedaris"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“I’ll check in on them. Go, by all means, Elayne, thank you.”

The Jedi Master disconnected herself, sought out a shower and her old robes and dressed herself. She felt a bit unsteady still, and her scalp itched. Still, she had gotten off lightly compared with the others.

After getting a little lost the Jedi Master came upon Siobhan’s room first. Fortunately this bacta tank had frosting at below shoulder height so Phylis would not be getting a very intimate portrait of her friend in a jar.

“Siobhan?” she asked uncertainly. The other woman seemed awake, but she wasn’t sure how coherent she’d be.

[member="Phylis Alince"]

Siobhan was still rather dazed and not that coherent when Phylis entered the room, but after a moment or two she seemed to register that someone was trying to talk with her. Fortunately there was a comm device thingie in her breathing mask. "Phyl? Have I ever told you how pretty you are?" Totally blame it on her still being dazed. Totally. "Uh, where are we? How's Coryth? You ok?"

Coryth lifted a brow, giving Kaida a sidelong glance. "Oooh no, you so just said that. I heard that. So let's go back to the part where you think a collar and bell would look good on me...." The redhead said playfully, clearly wanting to pick on and tease Kaida just a little bit.

As for being alive, Coryth was happy about that. It wasn't what she'd honestly expected in the end. "Thanks ... for helping to make sure that happened .... Me being alive still and all." She said quietly.

[member="Coryth Elaris"]

Kaida coughed slightly. Apparently the tiny redhead had decided to be a troll despite floating around in a bacta tank. After a moment or two of uncertainty, she decided to play along. "Oh, it would. Are you into collars and stuff? I'll have to remember that," she said. Alas for Kaida, she would be friend-zoned for a couple more threads. That said, now her attraction to Coryth during the Netherworld Event was now less out of the blue if she'd been crushing on her since Malachor.

She traced a hand across the tank's glass. "And it's ok. Nothing to thank. You were very brave. I'm, uh, glad you're alive."

About this moment Elayne walked into the room, "Well aren't you two just an adorable budding couple. You two would be so sweet together. And of course a side of an additional redhead will only add to the fun you both can explore in the bedroom." She said with the brightest of grins, here to troll them both it seemed.

"After all redheads are twice the fun." Clearly confident in her abilities. "Should have told me you were into them sooner, Taldir. The fun we could have had ....." Elayne trailed off, seeming quite pleased with herself.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] [member="Coryth Elaris"]

Phylis gave Siobhan a long-suffering look. She was really glad the frosting was there to stop her seeing all the Dark Jedi at eye level.
“Yes, Siobhan, at least once every time we meet. I’m afraid that compliments are not enough to make me fall madly in love with you…though they are appreciated.”

“As for how ‘we’ are. Elayne is the most mobile. She came in to see me. From what I understand Kaida is being most difficult and stubborn and Coryth remains in a bad way…but recovering. I am fine, head a bit fuzzy after that knock, but getting better. Should be back to full operation soon. And you? How are you?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom