Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Favourite Type of Music?

What music do you find yourself listening to the most?

• Pop/80's Music

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Rock/Grunge

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Heavy Metal & Subgenres

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Blues/R'n'B/Reggae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country/Folk

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Disco/Dance/House/Electronica/Dubstep

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Orchestral/Classical/Jazz

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
With so many of us being from different parts of the world and with so many various cultures influencing our choices in music, I thought it'd be fun to see what the majority of y'all be listening to. Does music put you in the mood when writing? What are some of your favourite bands or songs? Feel free to let us know down below!

Now as for me, I'm a loyal follower of Heavy Metal music, specifically Power/Symphonic Metal and Melodic Death Metal. \m/

I would say its a tie between Classic Rock, Country, and Violin adaptations (Or other orchestra instruments) of songs. Like what David Garret does in one of my favorite songs in its original version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ_BoOlAXyk

Well favorite and 'listening to the most' for me are two seperate things.

I like mindless pop music for when I'm playing video games because it doesn't actually disturb my concentration any. It's just background noise. So I 'listen' to it the most.

However, my favorite kind of music is the good kind. Ask anyone, especially [member="Cira"] or [member="Avalore Eden"], and they'll tell you just how eclectic my taste in music is.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
I could say pop, but my main love is far more than just "pop" - I may have been born in 1985 but I relive each year musically as much as I can.

Duran.Spandau.Michael.Wham.Springsteen.Club.Mac.a-ha.

In summary:

jq6avt.jpg

Metal is the absolute worst :p

If Elliott Smith were a genre that would be my favorite. I like to listen to things that just sound original, which is why I enjoy Elliott Smith, Fiona Apple, Townes Van Zandt, Elvis Costello, etc. I like those precisely because they don't fit into any genre.

I can't say I have a type of music that I listen to, I like the song rather the genre. So I listen to a variety of music, but I guess mostly rock. Even then I am selective.

But I do love retro, so music of the 60s, 70s and even some in the 80s. I also love a lot of Australian music as we are blessed with some really good bands etc.

EDIT: oh there IS one type of music I do NOT listen to on that list.... :p

Mordecai Zambrano said:
Rock on, brother.

Everyone has a time for Polish Technical Death Metal.
Aww yiss.

Polish Tech Death is best Tech Death.

Anyways, I tend to listen to Classic Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Nu Metal, some Alternative Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, only one Blackened Death Metal band, Brutal Death Metal / Slam Metal (Toilet vocals ftw), some Grindcore, Groove Metal, Industrial Metal, Djent, and some Power Metal.

I also listen to Bass & Drum, Hardcore Techno, and Classical.

:p

Darth Vornskr said:
Anyways, I tend to listen to Classic Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Nu Metal, some Alternative Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Technical Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal, only one Blackened Death Metal band, Brutal Death Metal / Slam Metal (Toilet vocals ftw), some Grindcore, Groove Metal, Industrial Metal, Djent, and some Power Metal.
Such a Djentleman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom