Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Favourite Type of Music?

What music do you find yourself listening to the most?

• Pop/80's Music

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Rock/Grunge

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Heavy Metal & Subgenres

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Blues/R'n'B/Reggae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country/Folk

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Disco/Dance/House/Electronica/Dubstep

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Orchestral/Classical/Jazz

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
I like all kinds of rock, metal, subgenres of both, and classical music. I also like a few songs/bands falling under folk or something along those lines. I guess if it sounds good to me, it's good for me.

My favorite, however, is punk rock I think. Though I do like a few metal bands equally.

Ferian Adair

F
Ilias Nytrau said:
I have tried for... probably half an hour to come up with a response that characterizes my musical tastes, in a nutshell.

I've concluded it just can't be done short of saying 'everything', but 'everything' is not entirely accurate. :mellow:

Note: this means that sometimes I'm listening to turkish pop, and other times I might be found with finnish folk metal in my ears. Or maybe I'm listening to glitch? orrrrr... yeah. Deathstep? Darkstep?

J-rock?

Chopin?

Note: Music collection is over 300GB in size. <_<
So, I posted this the other week, and in the course of writing a reply to the 'electronic music' thread, I remembered that... derr, my favourite genre is Industrial. Hahaha.

HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET?!

Skylar Ichor

S
Well depending on what I'm doing, sometimes I like to listen to classical, other times I like to listen to rock, but most of the time it's a mixture of both and movie soundtracks. (John Williams, Howard Shore, and Daft Punk to name a few)

Blues, Psychadlelic rock, rock, thrash and progressive metal.

Here are some of my favorite bands to put these into perspective:

Albert King
Steavie Ray Vaugn
Ted Nugent
Frank Zappa
Grateful dead
Jimi Hendrix
Joe Satriani
Black Sabbath
DIO
Metallica
Megadeath
CInderella
Ratt
Godsmack
Opeth
Nile
Dream Theatre
Synphony X
Outworld
Nevermore
Steave Vai
Richie Kotzan
ZZ Top
Corrosion of Conformity
Lollipop Lust-Kill

Everything.
Well, obviously not really. But if a song comes up and I like it, I like it. There's never been a genre I've found that I couldn't find a song I like in. Once upon a time I (stupidly) though I didn't like rap music. That changed fairly quickly. Then there was a time I wasn't fond of electronic anything (I was one of those 'gotta use real instruments bruh' kind of people for a while, forgive me).
Actually, the first rap song I liked had a lot of electronic elements in it. So I guess I started liking parts of both at the same time.

The real question isn't what genres I do or don't like. It's not even what bands I like (I don't have a favorite band. I just listen to certain songs from 100+ groups/soloists). It's more of what songs I like.

One second I'll be blasting Mary Lambert (bless her heart) the next Lordi or Five Finger Death Punch will come up. After that I'll sing along to Taylor Swift before switching to my Folk Song-Style Playlist.

I like music.

My musical tastes are pretty diverse and specific.
I like dubstep, but only from one artist (Shockone)
I like 90's west coast hip hop and g-funk (RIP Big Nate Dogg)
Led Zeppelin
Robert Plant's latest album
And black blues/soul (Withers, Charles, Gaye, Wonder to name a few)

Romus said:
Metallica Megadeath
You, sir, are one of those rare breeds of people who enjoy both? I've only met two other people like that before :p I myself am a 'tallica person, me no likey Megadeth, but it's more an issue with Mustaine than the band themselves.

I cannot really describe what kind of music I like the most, due to all the genres I like, but to give a simple list, it's: Rock/Metal/80's music/Dubstep/Soundtrack. And some of the sub–genres of those things, but I have found myself listening to games' soundtracks lately. But in the end, you'd just have to see my music library to really know what I like :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom