Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Favourite Type of Music?

What music do you find yourself listening to the most?

• Pop/80's Music

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Rock/Grunge

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Heavy Metal & Subgenres

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Blues/R'n'B/Reggae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country/Folk

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Disco/Dance/House/Electronica/Dubstep

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Orchestral/Classical/Jazz

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
I have tried for... probably half an hour to come up with a response that characterizes my musical tastes, in a nutshell.

I've concluded it just can't be done short of saying 'everything', but 'everything' is not entirely accurate. :mellow:

Note: this means that sometimes I'm listening to turkish pop, and other times I might be found with finnish folk metal in my ears. Or maybe I'm listening to glitch? orrrrr... yeah. Deathstep? Darkstep?

J-rock?

Chopin?

Note: Music collection is over 300GB in size. <_<

Ouch. Where's my other Hip Hop brethren, so I can find out if we listen to the same genre of hip hop.

But it's so hard to describe my musical tastes. I listen to a lot of rock (Nirvana, Black Keys, Beck, etc), some metal (Mastodon, Metallica), punk, industrial, electronic, and less conventional stuff (I.E. Death Grips.) I have probably at least one artist in every genre I can at least appreciate, but I have a strong affection for the rap artists I'm into. Not really Lil Wayne, or whatever's popular right now (I am guilty of liking a little OFWGKTA, though). El-p, Aesop Rock, Wu Tang, DOOM, (just to name a few.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzFqu5GCHfQ

Besides Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Grindcore, and the like, I love indie rock and alternative. I think some of my all time favorite bands are Coheed and Cambria and Thank You Scientist. Below's a great song by TYS, check 'em out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ODkfLaof8

A little bit of every standard music genre going. Just whatever I'm in the mood for.

My favourite artist's genre is so pretentious sounding that I don't even explain it to people. Except I will. Just this once.

Punk rock cabaret.

My taste in music is based on my utterly arbitrary whims. Genre doesn't really matter, (except I generally dislike most heavy metal/rock) I just tend to like specific songs if they appeal to me, rather it be orchestral, rap, 80s rock, etc. That being said, I lean towards alternative rock.

Pop. Mostly because in my opinion, it's musically the most interesting genre. Plus it's the only one I can actually relate to. And it's not displeasing to my ears. :p

Formerly it was House (don't remember what subgenre). Oh, how I loved it.

EDIT: Electro and Progressive House, that's what they were.

I grew up as a metalhead. And as a musician by profession I've been a part of various heavy, progressive, and symphonic power metal bands.

But black metal is where my heart truly lies. My current work is an atmospheric black metal solo project.

I also like a lot of other non-metal genres. Trance, ambient/darkwave, new age, folk, martial industrial.

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
OOoh no. There is no way I could decide without doing a big injustice to all the other genres I listen.

Since I'm in a metal (or metal-ish, band, I suppose), I'm voting for metal, but that's the only reason, really.
The only things don't listen to are disco & rap music (and even those come with exceptions).

My close second "fave" is definitely classical music, but it's almost tied with old rock. Everything else also finds its way on my playlists in very large quantities, so it's not to be excluded.
I never was one for favorites and preferences, lol. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom