Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Wedlocked and Loaded | GA Dominion of Ukatis

Tags: Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Hex Hex Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Horace von Cholmondeley III Horace von Cholmondeley III

Starlin strolled in casually, idly adjusting the cuff of his suit jacket. From his pocket he produced a fat cigar, put it in his mouth and lit it up. Fragrant smoke trailed him as he headed toward Makko.

So.” He leaned in toward his apprentice, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. “How are you two gonna do this elopement thing? Drug her so she looks like she’s dead, then smuggle her out of the family crypt? Stage a coup? Enlist some rebels to rescue her from her tower? I can distract the prince while you and Zona sneak outta here. The Nobles are already keeping her old man occupied up on the balcony…

Trailing off, he glanced at Makko’s neon-haired companion. “Hey girl,” he greeted her with a wink. “Want a smoke?

ɪ. ᴀ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴇɴɢᴀɢᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ

horace_spacer.png

Yawn.

Being a Prince was half part boredom, half part complete and utter freedom. The strict and demanding expectations were offset by liberty in almost every other way, still that didn't account for the mind numbingly tedious nature of those former instances; though, that wasn't to say Horace disliked attending such events, because the fact was he did, he thoroughly enjoyed the attention and focus as the heir to Ukatis. Power, wealth, influence, it was all dreadfully amusing and enjoyable to have.

However.

Now Horace's freedom was about to be slightly ruffled, with the prospect of a marriage, one that he both lavished and abhorred almost in equal measure. On the one hand, the Prince had grown to embrace everything that came with his station in life, yet on the other he had developed an underlying fixation on Corazona von Ascania... though not as an equal or someone worthy of his appointment, so much as a little trophy to claim and take off his proverbial shelf when it suited. There was no denying the noble Ascania family were well-positioned in Ukatis society, so certainly there was benefit there, and Corazona was pretty enough, but it was another aspect that brought delight to Horace:

Corazona von Ascania was a Jedi.

Prince Horace was not.

But, once wed, that power would be his to control.

Utterly delightful.

"What a lovely turn out, my darling Corazona," Horace muttered through his smile, as he glanced to his fiancée. "So many of your companions... soon to be our companions. I do so thoroughly enjoy meeting new friends-to-be, especially ones so integrated within the Alliance."

A face appeared in the crowd, youthful and coated in sincerity, as proper decorum for introduction and greeting were incorrectly used. The implication was clear, the insult intentional, and Horace couldn't care less as the truth of that sincerity was revealed. With a smile of his own, the Prince inclined his head as he tightened his hold on Corazona's arm.

"Senator Terassi of Arcadia, a pleasure to make your acquaintance," the Prince said in a silky smooth tone, as he looked at the sentient - then to his guest - before looking back. "And to hear your support of my father's efforts to rebuild a renewed foundation from which Ukatis will grow and thrive, for all its people, once proper - and responsible - infrastructure has been implemented is touching... after all, a world isn't brought back from waning isolationism in a day."

You shit stain.

"Do enjoy the celebration, I cannot wait to speak with you more throughout the evening."

The Prince was about to continue on his way, fiancée in hand, though came face-to-face with another well wisher. This one was more important, the Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance, one who held a position that demanded more tolerance and consideration for relations, and with a well-practiced and honed capacity for propriety, the Prince gave a broader smile as Auteme greeted the engaged couple.

"Chancellor Denko-Durren," the Prince offered an extended nod, a socially acceptable display of royalty for another who might not have been nobility but still warranted due respect. "It certainly means a great deal to have the Chancellor of such an esteemed and dominant galactic government visit my planet. Undoubtedly your time and attention is precious, you have our--" Horace glanced to Corazona and smiled, as he squeezed her arm. "--thanks for attending. And for your congratulations."

When the Chancellor turned to speak with the Senator, Horace observed the pair with cool blue eyes, observant in many ways. However, a distant crash of glass across the assembly caused Horace to glance that direction, even as guards responded accordingly... yet, it was the nearer mumbling of whispered words that drew the Prince's attention, as his steely gaze shifted to look at the security agent who was within inches of Corazona, in her ear.

"Oh, agent, was there pertinent information about the smashing glass just now?" Horace said suddenly, as he pivoted and leaned in close to the other sentient in the formal suit. The result shifted Corazona somewhat, placing distance between them. "I assume you have taken steps to ensure we - my fiancée and I - are made aware of security concerns... yet seemed to have taken discreteness to a level as to make it difficult for me to hear fully."

Horace had heard fully; he was mere inches away, after all.

"Perhaps investigation of the situation is warranted? I have my own royal guards nearby, we are very protected as they circle us, certainly secure enough that you can afford a closer look at a potential threat over yonder, yes?"

The Prince smiled.

"Wouldn't you agree, dear Corazona?"

One did not thrive as royalty by being unobservant and ignorant, after all.

Defy me. I dare you.

h1x86Y7.png

Obj II: Supply Chain Crisis

Circling around like a defiant mynock the Mandalorian rain down fire upon the insurgents. Most were able to dodge her shots, scattering in various directions but another dart shooter took two bolts center mass. Clearly they had not anticipated opposition to being this fierce nor having jetpacks for that matter. Minerva dived down, barely avoiding the darts in time as she fired on an insurgent who rolled out of the way.

They're pretty agile. I'll give them that.

The warrior concluded before she spun around. Fortunately Alliance troopers and local security joined in. Soon several insurgents were either stunned or blasted, forcing the masked men and women to divide their efforts. Descending, Minerva slammed her feet into an enemy's back, using to soften the landing. He screamed as bones broke only for the Mandalorian to swifty put him out of his misery with a bolt to the head.

Then she heard a violent crash meters away to the left. Looking up at the burning warehouse Minerva's eyes widened in horrified realization.

The shipment!

Not wasting another moment she flew toward the building even as the flames spread.

Last edited:

Z8Gm3f4_d.webp

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Makko Vyres Makko Vyres Starlin Rand Starlin Rand open
Objective: Party

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220518133449.png

Untitled235_20230212211055.png
Hex laughed lightly at Makko Vyres Makko Vyres words. "I'm suprised too, but you know me, can't get enough of you Jedi types." she put a piece of fruit in her mouth and savoured its sweet, non-artificial taste. "So, its rich people food... obviously... so it's all very indulgent and I might need a cybernetic pancreas after this." she offered up the over piled plate of sweet treats too him.

"You don't often get to come to an engagement party and find out it's for your girlfriend,"

Hex was very confused why this was even happening, when she had found out that the two were an item of course she had been jealous...

'...Jealous? You considered blowing her up...'
"will you let me finish?"

...of course she had been jealous, Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania seemed cool, and was super pretty so she totally got it and kind of just wanted to be her friend.

"Its pretty chitty isnt it? Why doesnt she just tell them to stick it up their ass? Jedi dont need the inheritance, and whats the worst that could happen? He storms the Jedi palace and the queen..." her nickname for Valery Noble Valery Noble "Sticks a laser sword in his gut?" she giggled a little bit but then saw another approaching so she quietened down a little and smiled at Starlin Rand Starlin Rand as he approached and hugged Makko like an old friend.

Want a smoke?

"I'm good thanks, spice makes me go a bit loopy."

'...He probably wasnt offering spice...'

She let out another little giggle at her mistake and smiled again, "Hey, I'm Ellie. Me and Makko were just discussing some business we had from a while back, you a friend?" She casually popped another sweet snack into her mouth and glanced around the room, she wished she had one of her knives as she was getting anxious now. She eyed up the gift table and wondered how rude it would be to borrow it just to give her hands something to do for a little bit. Probably best not too.

Last edited:

M A K K O

"I'm surprised too, but you know me, can't get enough of you Jedi types." she put a piece of fruit in her mouth and savoured its sweet, non-artificial taste. "So, its rich people food... obviously... so it's all very indulgent and I might need a cybernetic pancreas after this."

"Yeah well, after what happened on Denon I'm not surprised people want to get away. Not with the state of the place right now. Pretty resourceful to even get here. And hey, you're looking the part too," he added.

How are you two gonna do this elopement thing? Drug her so she looks like she’s dead, then smuggle her out of the family crypt? Stage a coup? Enlist some rebels to rescue her from her tower? I can distract the prince while you and Zona sneak outta here. The Nobles are already keeping her old man occupied up on the balcony…

He stiffened as he felt Starlin's arm over his shoulder. Makko had been so tense, so inwardly focussed that he hadn't even noticed his approach.

"You...you think I should do something?" he asked.

Once again, Starlin's attitude surprised him. He would have expected a lesson in acting with dignity or keeping the peace, not to be encouraged to actually do something about the situation.

"What is Valery doing?"

It hadn't even occurred to him to take any serious action to make a change. He was only seventeen and felt like this great institution was well beyond his ability to change. He was feeling sorry for himself as well as feeling angry that Cora hadn't told him this was happening so soon. Had she always know, and lied to him? The only thing he had considered doing was making a scene, either flipping that table of drinks or even involving Hex in the situation. A thought that now made him feel guilty.

"Hey, I'm Ellie. Me and Makko were just discussing some business we had from a while back, you a friend?"

"This is Starlin, he's my mentor," Makko said.

He had distinct problems with the word Master.

Perhaps he should have been doing something but Cora had always seemed so determined that she had to go through with this. Finally, a more mature thought ran through his mind.

"I should talk to Cora."

Z8Gm3f4.png

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Outfit: dress
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
Target: Marcel von Ascania Marcel von Ascania

While Valery had made it clear that his abuse would have to stop immediately, Kahlil was far more direct in his approach. He offered Valery an apologetic smile for it, but she wasn't quite sure how to feel. At least, until he threatened to make an example out of her father. Almost instantly, Valery tightened her grip on her husband's arm, not as relief for her own tension, but to keep him close.

"Love... he's not worth it," she pleaded with him. "If you hurt him, it's going to only distance us even more from Cora. We won't be able to help her at all anymore." Not only would Kahlil have to face the consequences of assaulting the man, but her father or family would surely force Cora to leave the order. And with how much Cora still cared about representing the people of Ukatis, this would ruin it all for Cora. It could create an insurmountable rift.

But there was something else as well.

"They wouldn't let you leave a free man and..." her hand traced over her stomach with a frown. She couldn't lose him now, no matter what the reason was.

"Please, there is a better way to handle this. We can't respond to violence with violence, or we lose our ability to help her." She turned her gaze to Cora's father and shot him a glare that made it clear she wasn't on his side either. There was no tolerance for abuse, and steps were going to be taken to ensure it never happened again.

Too soon.

This had come too soon.

Marriage had always been a distant eventuality for Cora, but she’d been completely blindsided by this proposal. A proposal to her father, not to her. She’d only been made aware of the situation once the details had been sorted out. The willingness of the bride hadn’t been spared any particular thought, and her compliance had been assumed.

Naive though she may be, the Viscount’s daughter knew exactly why this was happening. A royal proposal could not be turned down by her family. Her acquiescence was not that of a frail, helpless, maiden sighing in defeat; rather, that of a young woman who knew this game well and was determined to protect her family and her people at the cost of her own happiness.

That didn’t mean that it didn’t hurt. That didn’t mean that, standing in this lavishly decorated room on the arm of her betrothed, she didn’t feel like that frail, helpless maiden.

She despised the feeling.

Cora smiles faintly at Horace. She knew exactly what was expected of her, and she played the part well.

“I’m simply delighted, my Prince.”

His words left a bitter taste in her mouth. Or were those her words?

There was a distinct undercurrent of discontent permeating through the room that could be sensed in the Force, and it wasn’t coming from the Ukatian aristocracy. She chanced a glance at the balcony up above them, figuring that her father would be making the Noble’s acquaintance just about now. Was that tension she sensed, or were those simply her own raw nerves?

For the first time that night, Cora’s smile gained a hint of warmth when Desric approached. Dominick’s presence behind her had provided a hint of comfort, and the Senator’s familiar face inspired the same. Even the Chancellor was a welcome sight—though Cora had never met Auteme personally, she’d attended several of her live addresses.

Horace took the lead in greeting their guests, and she simply smiled on cue, noting the way he’d squeezed her arm while thanking for their attendance. It wouldn’t do to restate their—as in, Cora and Horace’s—thanks to their well wishes.

“It is good to see you again, Senator. Chancellor, a pleasure to meet you in person. Please, do enjoy the festivities.”

Cora’s normal exuberance had been tamped down into something more refined and muted for the evening. No doubt Desric would notice, given the last time they’d met she’d gleefully assaulted him during a fencing match.

The sound of glass shattering had shifted her attention to…wait, was that Scampi? The sight of the seabird causing minor chaos and BB-610 BB-610 trailing after him like a squawking mother hen almost made her smile genuinely.

"If you want some time away from him, I can make that happen. Just say 'circle'."

Her lips had barely parted in response when Horace suddenly shifted her out of Dominik’s immediate range. Bile burned the back of her throat at the Prince’s words, and that smile twisted her stomach into a knot of dread. She gave Dominik a faintly apologetic look, one that signaled her begrudging agreement.

“Would you very much mind checking in on Knight Kai’el, Agent?”

She’d noticed Jasper on the perimeter, guzzling a bottle of champagne and telling off Duke Hresving. The elder Jedi had always been a calm, resilient fixture in her life, something of an older brother. Had this situation unnerved him so, or were there other factors at play?

When Horace’s attention was elsewhere, she briefly flashed Dominik a look that said Take me back to Exegol.

Then, she smiled up at Horace for good measure.

The hollow expression fell quickly from her face when she caught sight of him. It was the smoke wafting from Starlin’s cigar she’d noticed sight of first, the Knight having thrown his arm around his clearly uncomfortable apprentice.

Makko.

Cora’s throat tightened at the same time her heart started fluttering unpleasantly behind her ribs. What was he doing here? Here? Why couldn’t he have been assigned to warehouse detail instead of coming here?

Don’t look at me. Please don’t. I couldn’t bear to hurt you any more than I already have.

Makko knew that Cora had gone ahead to Ukatis before the arrival of the Alliance delegation. There’d been nothing strange in that—this was her home, after all. She hadn’t told him about the engagement once she’d learned of it, and it had been an agonizing decision to do so. Cora wasn’t even sure if she’d made the right decision. Was there a right thing to do in this circumstance?

How do you tell your boyfriend that your father accepted an engagement to a Prince on behalf of you?

Cora was quick to acquire a delicate flute of champagne from an approaching server. Sweeping her gaze down to the pale liquid, she gazed at her distorted reflection for a moment before stealing another glance at Makko and his date.

His date?

In the flurry of emotions whirling her mind, jealousy reared its head with gusto. Cora’s gaze tightened pointedly on the pretty pink haired woman in the revealing dress chatting him up and feeding him.

Her instinct was to hurl the champagne glass at this other woman, but she let it pass.

Instead, her attention refocused on Horace.

“My Prince,” She began, squeezing his arm and smiling sweetly, but not too sweetly. “I wonder, wouldn’t it be most beneficial to Ukatis if I were to continue my Jedi training once we are wed?”

Unintentionally, her feelings had leeched through into the bond she and Makko shared.

Cora looked up to Horace, demure but hopeful. She had her part to play, and she would play it for as long as necessary.

Still, she wanted to scream.

Last edited:

Z8Gm3f4.png

Ukatis
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

shield_core_divider.png

When Jasper saw Cora make eye contact with him, that was it. He wasn't sitting around ideally any more. He couldn't, not as her senior, and not as her friend. Jasper closed his eyes, opening his mind to the force. He had his mind connected to others before. Iris, Miri, his own brother... Maybe he could do it too. Finally, he felt something.

He had managed to form a telepathic connection.

<Cora, listen to me,> he began, pleading in her mind. <You don't have to stand their and force a smile. This isn't right. You aren't some play thing, or a political tool for other people to use. You're a person, plain and simple, with your own hopes and dreams.>

Jasper opened his eyes, searching for eye contact. She had asked Dominik Borra Dominik Borra to check on him? No, now was the time for him to worry about her.

<I know what I'm asking you to do is difficult,> the knight continued, <You have a strong sense of duty, but this isn't your responsibility. This is torture, systematically designed to break you for the benefit of someone else. I can't just stand here and watch you tear yourself part for a power grab. You have more power than they want you to think. You could walk out of here right now, and nobody would be able to stop you.>

He was crying now. That was fine. This wasn't about him. This was about a kid who looked up to him greatly. Jasper didn't leave people behind. Never.

<Maybe that doesn't mean anything from me. I'm just a low-life nobody who lives in a freighter... but it isn't just me. This room is full of people right now who genuinely care about your well being and are willing to support you in any way they can. It... hurts to see you put yourself through this. Ultimately, though, it's up to you to act. I'm not you. Nobody else is but you. No one else can make that choice. But... for what it's worth, I think that you're strong enough. With every fiber of my being. You've been through too much to resign your fate to the whims of someone else. I've never met a more courageous and caring padawan- no, individual in my life.>

Jasper took a moment to wipe away his tears, giving a smile from across the room.

<You look up to me too much. I don't deserve it. If I was really the role model you thought I was, I would have known about what you were going through much sooner. I still don't fully understand, but...>

<I'm here. And I'm not leaving.>

The knight felt his body start to shiver. The strain was too great. He had pushed his force connection to it's limits again. The connection was broken, and Jasper slumped down into his seat once more.

It was in Cora's hands now.

"I'm good thanks, spice makes me go a bit loopy."

Starlin's eyebrows shot up, but he just laughed. Makko was quick to introduce him to the girl, Ellie. "Yup, Starlin Rand, that's me," he said. "And I'm pretty sure this ain't a spice cigarra, sister. I got 'em from a smoking room back there." He puffed on the cigar some more.

"You... you think I should do something?"

"Hell yeah!" Starlin replied, albeit in a whisper. "Feth arranged marriages, man! We're in the ABYs, not the BBYs! Only, we need to plan the operation out first—or at least coordinate enough that nobody is stepping on anybody's shoes. You got any ideas in mind? 'Cause if you don't, I've got like, fifty different plots involving death-imitating drugs, shapeshifter decoys, fake terrorist attacks, and/or seducing the prince. We could even present you as Prince Makko of, uh..." He looked around. "Some planet with royalty, here to dispute the engagement and propose to Corazona yourself."

Makko asked what Valery was doing. "It's not so much what Val's doing as it is what Kahlil's doing. Man just punched Cora's daddy into next week. I saw it up on the balcony."

"I should talk to Cora."

Well, that was the sensible thing to do, but... "You need my help getting close to her? Spiriting her away from that creep of a prince?" Starlin was practically bouncing up and down at the prospect of helping them out.

Z8Gm3f4.png

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | OPEN​

Amani was stony-faced entering the celebration. She didn't quite answer her husband at first, instead distracting herself with gussying up her new dress. It would have been nicer to have revealed Thelma's craftsmanship at a more worthwhile event, but such was the timing of things. She gave a few passing aristocrats a flat, forced smile, while they moved to the outside of the gathering.

"Should we investigate?"

Amani gave Alicio an almost pitying look, "I don't know that there's much to investigate, to be honest," She nodded over to the couple of the hour, "Cora's barely an adult. There was no mention of this taking place until recently, then when she reappeared she was suddenly engaged to some prince?" She looked back at Alicio again, as if waiting for him to piece together the information himself, "This isn't some 'love at first sight' story. It's an arranged marriage," The mirialan shook her head disapprovingly. She couldn't pretend she knew Cora on a particularly personal level, but as a teacher, her protectiveness extended to all students of the Order. And rarely, if ever, did anything good come out of a marriage forced upon someone out of convenience, rather than love, "Rumor spread pretty quick among the Jedi. I'm not surprised they're all a bit soured by this sham."

Z8Gm3f4.png

Smiling 'sincerely' at Horace's rebuke, Desric's response was equally smooth. "Of course," His lips twitched upwards into another smirk. "It is only right that the Alliance offer aid to the less developed." Having noted Horace's possessive grip on Corazona and their general behaviour, he had decided to abandon all but the faintest pretext of politeness.

Perhaps he would sneak in a comment about the pace of the development later.

Not to mention the quite frankly embarrassing security situation.

Auteme, in contrast, was the recipient of a genuinely respectful nod. "A pleasure, Chancellor - and I do enjoy being where things happen, though it is my first time on Ukatis." Another not-so-subtle jab. Alright, so he was a bit miffed.

"Likewise, Corazona. I hope you are well." Despite present company, though that part was left unsaid.

When Cora felt the need to ask Horace's permission to continue her Jedi training, Desric's eyes twitched before the polite mask reformed. He had known Ukatis was a bit archaic, but just how backwards was this bloody place?

<Cadence? See if you can nab a DNA sample from him, at some point.> Who needs telepathy when one has technology?

He was starting to suspect that the bruise might have been caused by 'her prince', not psychotic Jedi training.

Tenn Kalos

T
Z8Gm3f4.png

OPEN​

"Excuse me,"

"Excuse me!"

Tenn blinked out of his cloudy-eyed stare to see a prissy nobleman accosting him, "Eh?"

"Is this your mutt?!" The man pointed to Shep, who had a mess of food stained all over his muzzle. He panted in satifasction, licking some of the remnants off his chops. Tenn smiled awkwardly, and pulled the dog away with the Force, using it like a telekinetic leash.

"O-Oh, yeah, sorry. He's with me. Security detail, yanno?" The padawan nodded sagely, and tapped the side of his nose. The noble seemed unsatisfied.

"Please keep it under control, and away from the food from now on?!"

"For sure, dude," Tenn saluted, and found his eyes settling on Cora and her fiancé, "Why's she marrying that guy?" He asked openly, to which the noble cocked his head, seemingly taken aback that this scrungy teenager was still talking to him.

"…I beg your pardon?"

"Why is she marrying that guy?"

"…That is the Prince of Ukatis. Prince Horace."

"…Okay? But like why?"

"I-it is an honor to marry into the royal house!"

"Sooo she's doing it for honor?" Tenn raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical of the nobleman's explanation, "Sounds pretty lame."

Z8Gm3f4.png

Obj I: A Royal Engagement
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

A powerfully build man, Marcel von Ascania did not wither before the pair of clearly enraged Jedi. Not even as he was struck.

Retrieving a monogrammed handkerchief from his person, the Viscount wiped away specks of crimson from his chin. It would not do to appear so unseemly during such an important event.

Instead of interjecting with a retort of his own, Marcel simply observed his daughter’s Jedi Master and her husband with a steely gaze.

“I am pleased to hear that Corazona is doing well. Forgive me for jumping to my earlier conclusion; it was the simplest explanation for why my daughter’s teacher’s…”

His gaze tightened on Kahlil for a moment.

“…husband would find it necessary to strike a nobleman upon their first meeting. I can only assume that the Epicanthix do not follow the same sterling measure of decorum that the people of Ukatis know. That is, if their Prince’s behavior at an extragalactic affair is any indicator.”

He watched as Valery reined in her wildling of a husband. At least one of them had some sense, even if they both still saw it fit to overstep boundaries.

As such, he turned his attention to Valery next, pointedly avoiding any mentions of abuse.

“I am touched by your concern for my daughter, Master Noble. Disciplinary methods on Ukatis may be a tad heavy-handed compared to some of the less structured worlds that fall within the Galactic Alliance’s purview, but rest assured, Corazona is far more resilient than you both seem to think.”

Marcel half turned in place, eyes focusing on the engaged pair in the banquet hall below. Smiling, they glided along marble flooring while greeting guests from Ukatis and the Alliance alike.

“You needn’t concern yourself with that for much longer. Once Corazona is wed to Prince Horace, disciplinary action will fall to him as he sees fit.”

Slowly, his head craned back. Cool blue irises met the fire of the Jedi power couple at his flank.

“Perhaps you should try striking Prince Horace.”

Readjusting the grip on his cane, Marcel coughed once. Speckles of blood dotted his lips, which were quickly wiped away.

“That is, if you do not fear retaliation against your…Padawan.”

iOnGHE9.png

Z8Gm3f4.png

Obj I: A Royal Engagement
For Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania 's mind only.
Sion was nowhere close to the action.

He sat at the back of the table in the back of the room. Far away from the current drama between Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania and Horace von Cholmondeley III Horace von Cholmondeley III . It was for the best. Because even with the sheer distance from one side of the gargantuan room to the other side, Sion felt it all keenly and utterly.

It was an accomplishment Cora was keeping it together as is.

The whirling storm of emotions almost overwhelmed him even with his newly-found experience and understanding. Instead Sion closed his eyes, holding a spoon tightly in his hand to feel the metal ground him into the now.

From every side Cora was beseeched. Some of her friends wished to help her, others seemed to reach out to her in the Force- Sion couldn't read the words Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el was impassionate pleading, he wasn't that kind of mentalist yet, but he knew there was keen emotion there. If it was overwhelming him... Sion wondered how Cora was feeling right about now. So, the Jedi did not rush in heedless. Didn't try to force Horace into feeling such horrible emotions until he leaped out of a window nor try to tell Cora it would be okay.

Instead?

Sion reached out to her with his empathy like he had done once before. When she asked him for a demonstration, because she had been curious. It was just understanding that touched her agitated mind. Understanding, the gentle peace of a friend deciding to sit next to her with tea in hand and an open mind to listen.

It was simple comfort that Sion offered.

There were limitations to what a Jedi could do. This was something he had been coming to terms with. Hopefully it would give Cora just a moment of peace amid all this chaos.

For now that was all Sion could do for her... even if his heart broke for his friend.

Z8Gm3f4.png

Ukatis, Security Detail
Tags: Tenn Kalos

Loomi_divider.png

"Sooo she's doing it for honor? Sounds pretty lame."

That was an... interesting take. Loomi, to her credit, had absolutely no idea what was happening. Some padawan was being married, but all she felt in the air was anger, frustration, disdain... it appeared that most were quite adverse to the union of this Corazona and the prince. There seemed to even be an element that was arranged. Was that ethical? To Loomi's knowledge, she had no idea. She barely had her own mind in order, let alone her thoughts on cultural sensitivity.

"Looks like a total public disaster to me," Loomi shrugged, her antennae twitching as she felt the feelings in the air. "Everyone in the gala seems to be pretty miffed. Seems like a pretty controversial introduction to the Galactic Alliance."

"W-what?" a nearby noble shuddered, seemingly having a sudden panic attack.

"Yeah, it's a real mess," the Godoan chuckled. "It feels like a mess anyways. Even Master Noble seems to be in a state of distress. I don't imagine upsetting the entire Jedi Order is a good look. Must be rough in there."

The noblewoman seemed to walk of in a fit of confusion, as if the entire image of her society was in the process of crumbling. How bizarre. Loomi shrugged it off before turning to the other padawan on duty.

"Did I say something wrong?" she asked, puzzled by the woman's distress. "I'm afraid I'm a bit out of my... area of expertise."

That was far better than saying she was an amnesiac.

Z8Gm3f4.png

Axilla, Ukatis
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan - Open -

Amani's response made Alicio's heart sink just a little. His frown strengthened, even as he broke it up with placative smiles and nods towards the nobility around them. He'd assumed it was arranged. But there had to be more to it. A story, just beyond his vision.

"Rumor spread pretty quick among the Jedi. I'm not surprised they're all a bit soured by this sham."

The Count grasped Amani's arm just a little tighter. "There are arranged marriages on Alderaan. I wouldn't call them common, but they aren't rare, either. There are a few in my lineage." He spoke with a detached, scientific inflection. "For many noble families across the galaxy, they're the only way to socially climb. Parents teach children that... they have a duty, a devotion, to their House. Their family." His tone shifted. He'd grown up devoted to House Organa, despite how separated he was from the culture. He knew how it felt.

"That expectation? The weight of responsibility to one's family? The... pressure... I understand that." Alicio found himself staring at Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania from across the room. Wondering what was hidden underneath that curated expression.

It was then that Alicio saw a familiar face in the crowd. He began to walk that direction, in step with Amani. If anyone would tell it to them straight, it was...

"Maeve," Alicio said, finding a somber smile. He didn't know the Jedi well, but her and Amani were acquaintances. He called back to their first meeting. "No need for you to say any unflattering things about me yet, I'm afraid. Though I'll be the first to let you know when they're warranted."

"Quite the... party."

Last edited:
h1x86Y7.png

Obj II: Supply Chain Crisis

Glass shattered upon her sudden entry through the nearest window. Stopping in mid flight she levitated in the air scanning around until she spotted the two large hover trucks containing the food crates at the center of the building. They were still intact for now…

Another chunk of the roof collapsed and hearing it above her Minerva thrust herself out of the way. The flaming debris crashed to the floor with embers sparked. Not even bothering to look back, she made a quick descent. Landing on both feet opposite of the left truck she rushed over to the driver door. With both crushgaunts Minerva grabbed the handle with a tightened grip, enhancing her natural strength.

Gripping her teeth and with a loud grunt pulled the very door off the vehicle before staggering back. Subsequently she tossed the door aside but then to her alarm heard more metal creaking above. Small burning pieces of roof began to rain down even with one bouncing off one of her pauldrons. Reminded that time was of the essence she dashed into the truck seat. With a quick search she pressed a button activating the large vehicle with engines roaring and lifting off the ground.

Taking a hold of the controls Minerva pressed the truck forward with accelerating speed while smashing and knocking other crates and burning wreckage. Suddenly she jumped out with a roll letting the vehicle sped toward the still closed gate. Bowing Minerva unleashed a jetpack missile at the obstacle, immediately blowing a sizable hole in the path of the rampaging hovertruck. Metal whined as the vehicle's edges scratched through the newly made entrance and to outside.

Turning back she flew over to the remaining truck still parked. Just as she neared it Minerva was suddenly knocked down by more debris slamming the warrior visor first to ground!

Last edited:
Z8Gm3f4.png

As Maeve wandered the ballroom, settling into another secluded alcove where no more swooning nobles would bother her, she was surprised when one managed to find her anyway.

Thank the Force, though, it was only Alicio and Amani.

"Senator Organa," she said. "I'm surprised you remember me." Maeve cast the man a weak smile, then glanced to Amani, dressed in a beautiful silk dress the color of snow. Thelma's handiwork, naturally. "Amani." She nodded in greeting. "I thought you two would still be enjoying your honeymoon. What are you doing here?"

She lifted a questioning eyebrow. Of course, it'd been sometime since the wedding, more than enough for the newlyweds to have unwound in some meadow on Naboo, but Maeve never thought they would be back on the political scene so soon already. But whatever their answer, she couldn't judge. She was already doing that enough already.

"There's something wrong about this party. I don't know Cora well, but I know a mask when I see one, and she wears it like a Shadow would." Which was both impressive, and also utterly heartbreaking. At least Maeve got to be herself at the end of each mission. Cora? She would wearing that face for the rest of her life if she chose to go through with this.

"As for the prince?" Maeve added. "Well, he's a snake."

She folded her arms, hoping to leave it at that, but when the following silence begged for further explanation, she offered a shrug. "Like most nobility, he reeks of self-importance—no offense, Alicio—but I don't trust him. Every time he smiles, it's more like he's baring his teeth than trying to upturn his mouth."

Maeve knew she was going far too into detail about the man, but she couldn't deny her own suspicions. Who even named their kid 'Horace' without expecting him to grow up to be a snob? And why did just thinking of his surname give her a migraine?

Z8Gm3f4.png

Dominik wasn't the noble socialite, but he could hear venom in a nobleman's tone anyday. Prince Horace was telling Senator Desric Terassi Desric Terassi off, something below the surface that the agent didn't understand the context of. And it was obvious that the Senator reflected those feelings. That was to be of note, from his job as security. Though he didn't see him as a threat so much as a potential ally. Politicians loved their backroom deals and black ops.

When Prince Horace spun Cora away from him he stared at the boy, still bent over slightly from whispering to Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania .
"Oh, agent, was there pertinent information about the smashing glass just now?" "I assume you have taken steps to ensure we - my fiancée and I - are made aware of security concerns... yet seemed to have taken discreteness to a level as to make it difficult for me to hear fully."

"Perhaps investigation of the situation is warranted? I have my own royal guards nearby, we are very protected as they circle us, certainly secure enough that you can afford a closer look at a potential threat over yonder, yes?"

The Prince smiled.

"Wouldn't you agree, dear Corazona?"
He slowly straightened up, a smile as fake as Corazona's on his own face. He hadn't expected the prince to be able to hear him, but he did with how he put that inflection on the codeword he had given the princess. He was attentive and smart, but coupled with his pension for being ruder than the Tuskans of Tattooine made those traits dreadful. He didn't answer him, looking to Cora. All she'd need to do is say the word and he'd get her away from him, knocking him out with a straight punch to the jaw and hauling him over his shoulder if he had to. Wouldn't be the first time he had done so.

She gave Dominik a faintly apologetic look, one that signaled her begrudging agreement.

“Would you very much mind checking in on Knight Kai’el, Agent?”

When Horace’s attention was elsewhere, she briefly flashed Dominik a look that said Take me back to Exegol.

He only let the sadness touch his eyes, keeping his whole expression still formal and appropriate. I wish I could.

"I think that would be a good idea. My Lady," He said with a small bow, "Prince."

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el was crying, he could tell as he crossed the hall. He knew the two were close, as Jedis could get with everything going on. He watched as the Knight slumped against his chair, suddenly looking worn out. He wasn't as close to Corazona as Jasper or the other padawans were, a curse of his not being born with The Force. If he was and had to endure this, he would be that tired too.

He leaned against the wall next to Jasper, leaving him a moment before speaking. "...You know, just in case I brought a backpack. Filled with things I shouldn't have." He looked out over the crows of nobles. "Lots of potential hostiles. Think we'll need it?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Marcel certainly didn't give a reason.

Thankfully, Valery did. Cooler heads prevailed as he glanced towards Valery, gave a simple nod in agreement with her words. Right. They were here for something else entirely. For someone else, entirely. He slipped his reddened knuckles into his pocket, as if to hide them from sight. Perhaps even add just another layer to keep him from just punching Cora's father all over again, especially as he started to speak.

Man, he had never wanted to hit someone more. But he bit that back. And turned on the recorder in his pocket.

"My father spent many years beating my siblings and I. Such was our training. Fight, do well, don't get hurt. Do poorly, loose a limb. Have it remade and reattached, conscious of course. Pain was a lesson."

He paused, glanced to Valery. Gave a sad little smile.

"As terribly cruel and barbaric as it was, he was at least trying to strengthen his children. Not act like a spoiled child hitting his daughter because she dare have an independent thought. Under the pretense of tradition, no less."

His gaze flicked up to Marcel, narrowing in focus again.

"Tell me, what's more barbaric? A cruel man beating his children to make them soldiers, or a cruel man who hides behind tradition as an excuse to beat his children? Cora had her protests to this union, so you disciplined her. My father, once the Emperor of the Sith Empire, would be quite proud of your choice."

Marcel von Ascania Marcel von Ascania | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom