Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Walks of Life - Ithorian Herdship Festival [Coruscant]

Valery Noble Valery Noble / Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

He was a burner, wasn't he? Colette shot a suspicious look at Valery and then Kahlil. Not that she was going to turn down an invite to eat a home cooked meal, especially with that look that she got out of her master. The one that was the equivalent of the punch she had expected but never gotten. Whatever was to come, Colette would most likely be regretting it at the end of that day.

"Aeryn…"
Colette said and looked over at Valery. "Wasn't that the name of…" She began to wave her hand back and forth for a moment before shaking her head as if to forget it. "Eh, never mind."

"So, what are your plans for the day, Master?"
Colette asked and looked at the excited little Vera. It was uncertain if the honorific was for the grown-ups or not. "I was pleased to see them take good care of their animals."

"It, uhh… Reminded me of home."

bF0kpRl.png

The Vonnuvi
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Colette Colette

She was most certainly going to regret it.

But Valery hid that behind a smile, and turned to her husband, "Always open to friends and Padawans," she clarified before shifting a more serious look into Colette's direction. "Make sure not to share our address with anybody. We've had enough trouble reaching our home, so I'd like to keep it safe." Her protective mother tone was showing again, but it faded when the conversation shifted once more.

For a brief moment, it lingered on Aeryn's name, but Valery wasn't quite sure where it was going, and let Colette change topics to something else again.

"We're just out here on a family day," Valery said with the brightest smile, and Vera hopped up excitedly at that too. "We saw the bio... do.. bio done?" She shrugged and looked over to where she had gotten candy earlier. Would there be more she could convince her parents to get her?

Valery chuckled and let out a soft sigh. "You're free to join us if you'd like to explore. We're just taking it easy and plan to worry about absolutely nothing today. Except for maybe what we're going to eat tonight."

bF0kpRl.png

The Vonnuvi, Markets
Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | OPEN
Despite her reaction, Serena went in for another bite, only to make the same face. Cato watched disturbed fascination as Inanna popped the whole fruit at once, only to have a wholly mundane reaction, "Namana," He repeated the fun-sounding word. Serena made a noise somewhere between laughing at the word, and whining as she struggled to reconcile that continuing to eat the fruit produced the same unpleasant effect on her taste buds.

They started to walk to another stall, when the girl seemed to analyze the bofa more intently. Her final decision, it turns out, was to huck the fruit as far as she could. The bofa sailed just past an Ithorian's head, but hit a small wood effigy of some kind that was up for sale. Cato spotted the falling totem too late, watching it splinter in half on the ground. The fruit laid a few feet away, and the culprit atop his head seemed unrepentant for her damages.

The seller, a tall Keshiri woman, saw everything, and immediately began lamenting her frustrations on Serena's father in her native tongue. Cato understood none of it, but got the gist well enough, "I-I'm real sorry about that. So sorry. She just— She doesn't know better, we're trying. Uh-" His face was red from embarrassment, and he scoured his pockets for credits, handing them over to the woman, "Here that should cover it, right? And a bit extra. Sorry again." She seemed to be placated by the payment, but was still grumbling in annoyance as she returned to her stall.

Cato picked Serena off his shoulders, "Maybe she doesn't need the vantage point," He offered her to Inanna, and Serena whined again, "No. You've lost sniper's nest privileges."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm not sure what else there is to explore exactly, but yeah, you're more than welcome. Perhaps we'll find one or both of my Padawan's running around, too. It'd be nice to see them here enjoying themselves."

If they were here or not, Kahlil hadn't seen them. But perhaps Rhemti Totriddiam Rhemti Totriddiam and Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon had found their way to wander. He'd have to keep an eye out. He chuckled a little, glancing to Valery, then back to Colette.

"But yeah, let's go find out what they have here. I'd love to hear how you two met."

Colette Colette | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Valery Noble Valery Noble + Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I swear that I will never share your address with anybody, Master." Colette said and bowed her head to her as if to stake her very life on it before she focused on the struggling child, Vera, again. Biodome was a pretty difficult word, wasn't it? She smiled for a moment. Children were stupid. Cute, but stupid. Now, if Colette followed the lines that seemed to fire from the child's eye and looked at where they hit, sure enough there it was. A candy stand.

It was fascinating to Colette. People were so very keen on these artificially sweetened candies. Everyone loved honey, of course, but nothing seemed to sell quite like chemicals in solid form with additives.

It all just tasted bland to her. Must have been a habit thing, like caf and tea.

"We met during my first or second week, during my turn at introductions with the higher up in the order." Colette said and followed behind the Nobles. "Well, my turn to talk to the grandmaster at the very least."

"I stuttered a lot, accidentally called her fat, then cried after talking about my family."
Colette's hand rubbed at the back of her neck with an awkward smile. "It wasn't very eventful, really."

bF0kpRl.png

The Vonnuvi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I hope we find them, too," Valery said as she glanced at Kahlil. She really wanted Colette to meet his Padawans because the plan was to have her train with them as well. Under the supervision of their Masters, of course, who would be able to guide them, and throw some problems to solve their way.

But while Valery thought about that, Vera just stared back at Colette with an innocent smile. She had no idea what the Padawan was thinking about, but she had caught her gaze, and that sparked some curiosity. At least, until she noticed the candy stand — that was far more interesting to the young Noble.

The group then began to walk, and all seemed well for a moment... until Kahlil asked about their first meeting. Valery was about to answer it when Colette spoke up and shared everything that happened without holding back. Valery once more avoided her husband's gaze, while Vera blinked and chimed in.

"Mommy isn't fat. She was having babiesss," Vera said, and Valery smirked a little again. "She's not referring to that, sweetie," Valery tried to explain, but it only confused the little Noble, who blinked again and looked at Colette, "It's not nice to bully." She seemed very serious all of a sudden, causing Valery to blink.

"She's not, and it's okay... let's uh, get you some candy, hm?" Valery looked at Kahlil, shrugged while Vera hopped excitedly, and then turned to Colette, "And I'm glad we met that day. You're a fantastic student."

"They're mildly addictive, so I wouldn't give them to a baby. But it doesn't affect me anymore, so I get to enjoy the taste of namananana as much as I want."

Inanna trailed off, watching Serena chuck her bofa fruit as hard as she could, knocking over a wooden effigy. A nearby Keshiri woman began loudly complaining. "Aw, she's just a baby," Inanna replied in the woman's own language. "Strong arms, though, eh?"

The woman seemed a bit surprised that Inanna spoke Keshiri. "He is giving me a lot of money," she said, pointing to Cato. "More than is needed."

"Yes, he is a very generous man. He will get offended if you don't take it."

The Keshiri shrugged and palmed the credits. "You speak like a native. Where did you learn Keshiri?"

"I had a Keshiri son. I learned it so that I could teach him." But she couldn't speak more on that subject without rousing emotions better left buried, so she ended the conversation there with a wave and a step away.

Inanna took Serena from Cato, slipping back into Basic. "Why did you do that, baby?"

"Food," Serena replied, patting her mouth with her hand.

"You didn't like the bofa, huh?" Inanna pulled out some snacks. Serena immediately reached for it, but Inanna held it just out of her reach. "But you shouldn't have thrown it, because it broke that lady's stuff. When you break stuff in a store, you have to buy it, and that isn't good."

Serena whined wordlessly, leaning forward to try and reach the precious food until her mother relented and gave it to her. Inanna kissed the top of her head and stroked the toddler's thick black hair, seemingly lost in thought for a moment. Then she glanced at Cato. "Welp, I doubt she'll share her snacks with us. Let's go get salads for ourselves, I guess."

Cato Harth Cato Harth

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil looked calm as ever.

But once again, laughing his ass off internally. All of this was too funny. The fact even Vera joined in to stop what she thought was bullying filled him with pride as a Father and a Jedi, but it all was just still so funny. He said nothing, less he end up bursting out into the laughter he was desperately trying to hold in. At least Vera was distracted by the promise of candy. That he did let a chuckle out for. A little louder than he wanted, but it was still controlled.

"She likes you. She doesn't turn red like that unless it's around people she likes. Means she let her guard down." He nodded to Colette as he took up control of the carriage again.

"She hasn't been too hard on you, has she?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Colette Colette

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble // Valery Noble Valery Noble

Fantastic student, huh? The redness of the master was seemingly mirrored in an instant. Colette raised a hand to hide the grin that spread on her lips. It meant a lot coming from her teacher, it was a sign that Colette was doing something right.

"She tries to be…" Colette mumbled under her hand in a continued struggle against the joy. "But Master Valery just doesn't seem to realize I have a hard time backing down from a challenge to improve myself."

It was true, Colette had always given it her all in training. There was no barrier was too tall to break down, no limit she wouldn't dare push in order to do better. There had been many evenings that she had simply reached her bed and instantly fallen asleep on the spot, but she figured there was something worthwhile at the end of all this. There had to be.

"I guess," She chuckled. "It's not so much she who is too hard on me as much as my own expectations are."

bF0kpRl.png

The Vonnuvi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"She likes you. She doesn't turn red like that unless it's around people she likes. Means she let her guard down."

Luckily, Colette was blushing after Valery had complimented her because the comment her husband made got Valery to avert her gaze for a moment too. It should be no surprise that he knew her really well, but there was something about the way he showed it that made her feel really cared about and understood.

Besides the blush, she showed her appreciation with a gentle squeeze of his hand.

<Love you.>

Kahlil then pushed forward the stroller, much to the excitement of the chaotic Nobles inside. Valery smirked, and Vera began to move in front of the stroller, so she could make faces and entertain the little ones. At least, until she spotted a new candy stand and rushed over to look at what they had to offer.

"She hasn't been too hard on you, has she?"

Valery blinked and looked at Colette, curious about the answer but almost a little nervous. "It's okay to set the bar high for yourself, but don't push it too far. Part of my job is to make sure you're ready for what's out there, so I try to set the bar at the right level for it."

She then paused and looked at her husband, "You don't think I'm too hard on students, right?"

bF0kpRl.png

The Vonnuvi
Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

sithspit_divider.png

Luxar | Klocto | Sword

Xeno exhaled ever so slightly when the young girl reacted to his sudden intrusion into their conversation. Fear. He was used to seeing that. The former assassin couldn't blame her. Being half-Nagai already gave him a 'war like reputation,' even if he never did have a tie back to his heritage. Still, she had every right to fear him. If she knew his past, any distrust of the shell of a man that had wandered into their discussion would be completely justified.

But they did complement the performance, both her and the Kel Dor.

"Thanks... kid," Xeno frowned, still processing the situation.

Klocto and Luxar had stepped off to the side to whisper briefly between themselves.

"I kinda wanna tell him," Klocto admitted.

"Don't you dare," Luxar whirred. "It would be terrible for his health."

And with that, they had rejoined as if nothing had happened.

"Well, uh, we're just makin' the rounds for autographs," the singer continued. "Standard procedure for us if the crowd ain't too big... Anything you lot want signed?"

When Liin offered condolence and hope, the young padawan bellowed lightly, a dim blue sorrow over each thankful rumble. Perhaps he will see Ithor one day, the many jungles of his home. He liked his companion, she was not in a rush like most people and was kind, she reminded him of his favorite Jedi.

Jedah. "Yes let us travel the paths and harmonies of Jedah." Taking a short walk to the entrance, a helpful Ithorian offered them a coat and gloves before entering. Jedah had a colder climate, lightly frosted by permanent winter. Once a place strong in the force, though this was but a memory, there might be an echo of what was there once within its mysteries.

Jedah's entrance was down a few appropriately stony steps. The linings of the wall much like a city might have been once at a certain point, using a thin narrow sandstone street. Slowly lumbering along Weru stopped to admire the masonry, or rather how a few plants had taken to growing alongside it.

Stepping forward they found themselves on one of many Mesa. There were rocky outcrops around them, and ahead they could see a valley covered in dusty rocks. Ahead and to the left side, a long mesa sat with narrow spires unwinding out of it, like they pierced the ground. Beyond the Mesa the path led to a wide-open desert. To the right, there was a further representation of a holy city, not many buildings just a dozen on a thin street that led to a once important sandy square. Probably where they stored supplies for the dome or had meditations connecting with history.

Weru shivered slightly putting on his gloves carefully over his large thin fingers. The coat helped, and he did it up. Liin might have thought there was no weather but as she soon might find, the climate was replicated as well, if a bit more forgivingly to newcomers.

Right to take a walk through history to the square. Left to walk toward the mesas and open desert, as far as the eye could see, or forward and down toward the stony alley. Weru blinked slowly taking it all in, letting his guest make a choice of where their path would go. He would follow her lead, slowly of course!

Liin Terallo Liin Terallo

bF0kpRl.png

The Vonnuvi, Markets
Inanna Harth Inanna Harth | OPEN​

Cato, of course, understood none of the interaction. But the seller seemed to lose her initial ire. The hard work was ruined, but, it had been paid in its value, and then some. Whatever Inanna had said to her also seemed to bring about some level of understanding. He was just glad it hadn't turned out worse. There was a rather expensive looking piece of pottery at the adjacent stall, after all…

"Guess not. One day she'll understand," He chuckled, "Salads it is," Cato approached one of the Ithorian vendors, sure enough selling an array of Ithorian cuisine. An array that largely consisted of leafy greens and colorful fruits. He handed over the appropriate credits, taking a small bowl of salad for himself. The vegetables were crisp and well-presented if a little alien looking compared to Cato's usual diet. "Anything else you wanna see? I know they've got those planet domes. Or we could just find a nice park of something around here." He asked Inanna mid-bite.

Last edited:

RxzceEC.jpg

The Vonnuvi, Jedi Enclave
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys

shield_core_divider.png

"Oh, well..." Jasper began, trying to think of how to describe his relationship. He didn't speak often about more personal things of the sort. "Marissa is her name. She's a friend of Iris, but I met her sort of on accident. It was on Denon while she was still an officer, before all the... train stuff." Denon wasn't super easy to travel through these days. "Jeez, the entire scenario sounds so ridiculous, but we wound up meeting fighting a malfunctioning cyborg in a burning warehouse with a vigilante."

It did sound very outlandish when he said it out loud. Of course, he was nowhere creative enough to make up such a thing, but it certainly did sound farfetched.

"We spoke afterwards, she asked me to lunch, and the rest sorta just worked out," he continued. "That must've been a good two weeks before my knighting..."

bF0kpRl.png

Tag(s): Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Xeno Xeno

div-green.png

Looking back Ko realized that Cora seemed to be hiding behind him. Causing him to raise brow some. She said she was fine but a bit cold. He felt a bit doubtful of her words. Seeing her dip her head some and apologize he didn’t want her to feel too bad or embarrassed about her mistake. “Hey don’t worry about it, It’s sort of a nice change of pace from being misidentified as a Quarren. Hehe.” Ko replied in a friendly tone.

He then turned his attention back to the singer. As opposed to the raging ball of flustered embarrassment behind him, the singer had a rather cold and standoffish demeanor. As if the two opposites had attracted each other and Ko was caught in the middle. They asked if there was anything he’d like signed for an autograph. With his free hand Ko patted around his pockets and belt. He didn’t really have anything on hand for him to sign. “Oh, ummm, uh…” He thought for a moment before an idea came to mind.

Cora seemed to be pretty enthralled by the band, and had one of their T-shirts. But figured she was in no state to ask for her shirt to be signed. Ko would probably have an easier time trying to shave a stubborn bantha than encouraging the seemingly bashful teen to get an autograph. “Actually I got something right here.” He reached his clawed hand back and deftly yoinked the human girl’s t-shirt from her arm before presenting it to the trio of musicians. “It’d make my friend’s week if y'all could sign her shirt.” Under his mask Ko had a bit of a sinister smile. Did he need to put Cora in the spotlight like that? Probably not, but Ko found it to be a fair and playful way to get back at her for the silly mistake she made about his species.

Last edited:

XAOPnVL.png

“That’d do it.” Cordé mumbled out the unintelligent agreement, and nodded before turning to follow the redirection of the conversation. Her thoughts remained tangled with the idea of long range take down of a Jedi, scopes, triggers, these were weapons Jedi did not use. They could, which hardly seemed fair. People like Andrew and Cordé couldn’t use lightsabers.

“There’s still that whole city on the outside, would that have to be secured first?” Her eyes travelled upward to where the proverbial skyscrapers outside the station stretched into the stars.

Her question had barely finished when she heard the sound of heavy footsteps. Someone was running. A pair of large Ithorian adolescents. They were loud, their laughs sounded like booms. Discretion was not a forté.

A few meters away from the pair of agents, they hunkered down and hurriedly fumbled through a pack of cylinders and unwrapped them. Explosives? Fireworks!

One popped off from between the two and spiralled above the domes below. It was small, harmless, bright and sort of beautiful, but definitely not official. Probably some version of illegal or some level of petty crime.

“Auhh..” Cordé started, hesitating getting involved, and looked down the corridor to see if anyone in a uniform was chasing them. It sounded like someone should be coming. “Now we can witness the response time of local authority to small, initial strikes, hm? How many minutes are you wagering?”

bF0kpRl.png

Objective:
Celebrate with Julien
Tag: Julien Lucero Julien Lucero

div1.png
"Master Westgard, apologies for my delay"
Silas had only been waiting for a short time when the boy he invited came walking around the corner. After their introduction at the Dam the nervous padawan seemed to have caught his interest, not in a bad way but in a good way. He was respectful and eager to learn more of the Jedi way, and to Silas, that showed potential. That's why he partly invited the boy to be with him today, as well as a chance that being a Jedi wasn't all about fighting all the time.

"I'm no master just yet, but the sentiment is appreciated," he said with a light chuckle, motioning Julien to walk with him "I don't wish to know the reason for your lateness. I do however warn you not to be late to your lessons, as some teachers may be less forgiving than most," the knight said sternly, before offering him a warm smile.

"I thought you'd benefit from some downtime after our mission so I invited you here to chill out. Letting your body and mind rest is almost as important as the training itself, you can't keep facing every day at full force" Silas explained, his gaze looking into the distance to spot some food shops they were going to get grub from.

"I hope you're hungry after that rush from getting here"

Oh no. He was frowning. Probably at the stupid things she'd said, Cora assumed.

His band mates looked vaguely amused, but Cora could only cringe and sink further behind Ko, hoping that the ground below them would open up and swallow her whole.

The mention of autographs got her attention, but Cora was simmering too deeply in embarrassment to respond properly. As it turned out, she didn't have to.

"Wh-" She squeaked as the Kel'dor swiped the band tee from her grasp, offering it to the trio of musicians for signatures. Cora decided that it was high time she swallow her nerves and attempt to interact with them like a normal person.

"N-not the one I'm wearing!" She awkwardly clarified, as if that point needed clarification. "The, uh, the one he-"

"…yeah."

She didn't know whether to thank Ko or to send him a measured glare.

She settled on a glare that lacked any real bite. His teasing actions were devoid of malice, so the young noble wasn't really upset.

Just flustered because cute boi.

"I bet your fans really appreciate you taking the time to mingle with them like this."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Xeno Xeno

RxzceEC.jpg

The Vonnuvi, Jedi Enclave
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Open​

In a vacuum, what Jasper said did sound a bit ridiculous. But Amani had been in the game long enough that she seemed unfazed. The mirialan smirked, and shrugged, "Par for the course with Jedi, it seems. I met Alicio while cleaning up after my almost-destroyed homeworld." Her smile faltered for a split second, before widening.

It seemed Jasper's relationship was working out, if talk of settling down was on the table, "Well, it's no small decision. But you'll know if and when you're ready. Don't rush it, but also don't wait forever, y'know?" Amani sighed, and sat down on the edge of one of the courtyard fountains. She rubbed the ring on her finger in thought, "...Do you have an apprentice? I won't lie, I start getting all the pairings mixed up after a while."

AllianceDiscordIcon2DO.png

Sapere Aude
bF0kpRl.png
Operative "Sable"
Special Intelligence Agency

Assignment: 'Sightseeing'
Tags: Cordé Sabo Cordé Sabo | Open for Interactions
GADividerDOGrey.png
Andrew gave no comment to the remark of his simplification of the task. Despite what Cordé might expect of the fight, it was the definition of a gun fight. One of the few ones that encapsulated just how a firefight could feel like an entire battle all in of itself. As much as the statement left the idea that a long ranged weapon with a high powered optic took the kill, it was almost the complete opposite. A holographic sight and a carbine that excelled in close to medium combat, the very same he still used in the Galactic Alliance. He might not have been able to use lightsabers, sure, but he knew how to fight against one. In theory.

Before he could answer the question, his head turned just the barest to side eye towards the stomping boots of the Ithorian pair. The only motion faster than the sight picture ascertained was his right hand shifting inwards into himself, reaching underneath the red t-shirt he wore underneath the black jacket. Waistband holster it was, if that question ever needed to be answered.

Whether he would draw came next, watching the pair as he saw the first sparks of fireworks shoot off into the skydome. His response came with the furrowing of his brow, as if he was more annoyed than he had been already. Yet his hand came off the pistol grip of the sleek blaster tucked at his appendix.

"Secured or cut off," he sounded off with that familiar gruffness. Though she had asked a pretty important question, one that he really hadn't noticed all too well up until this point. He murmured something unintelligible as he pondered, his green eyes turning back towards the sight before them both briefly. A few seconds later, his chrono was untucked from the sleeve of the leather coat, examining it for a moment.

"Probably a minute or so. Haven't seen much security personnel along the way towards here. Chances are they prefer avoiding stations on the tower despite its advantage to nefarious activity."

Another pop of the fireworks and he looked to not mind it anymore, his expression... Not, as annoyed as before. He'd let the pop of fireworks continue for a few seconds before his attention shifts entirely to the agent at his side. His stance shifts so that he might lean one wrist against the railing as he turned, broad stature completely facing her. His green eyes stared at her, analytical and a tinge more shrewd.

"You're not like most agents I've come across. Either so far, or you're the first among them to openly share your distrust of the Jedi." Perhaps he was asking to pass the time, or maybe he was really that curious to poke at her brain in return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom