Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Vallis Animae: Notes on Genetic Memory Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

GbNAACD.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION

SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Author: Jedi Master Romi Jade
  • Publisher: Self
  • Reception: These are thoughts, observations, experiences, and lessons that Romi has learned over time. She decided to muse and document in her private time with the intention of it helping those who wanted to learn more about a mental Force power. It's a piece of a larger book she is writing. It's not widely known or available anywhere else for there to be tons of reception. Beyond the pages she authored and spare memory crystal she keeps, this is flying under the radar.

FORMAT INFORMATION
To be included in a larger book Romi is authoring, this reads from left to right on two pages. Handwritten notes and marks that outline her experiences and her reflections, along with pointers, and tips for the studier. The information contained in the crystal could only be accessed when placed in a holocron which, in turn, could only be opened with the Force. Once opened, the three-dimensional appearance and cognitive networks of Master Jade, that could sense the ability and level of a Jedi, would appear to begin explaining her personal, and discovery of Genetic Memory Detection after being trained in it years prior.

CONTENT INFORMATION
These pages are lined with notes and scribbles from Romi Jade:

Genetic Memory Detecting was a telepathic Force technique that allowed an individual to use the Force to access memories and information stored in their genetic code or another's. A technique derived from learning to share and protect memories via the Force.
  • "The mind, soul, and consciousness exist within every strand of our DNA. In most cases, this manifests as the user calling upon their ancestors or relatives. I was able to track down the origin of my bloodline by accessing the memory banks stored in my genetics...Unfortunately, these memories are locked away, and evasive to our conscious mind...familial collective knowledge that could be lost to us for generations but remembered by our bodies are stored deep within the subconscious. A key to mastery is understanding the origin of our power."
  • "Through deliberate and sometimes strenuous meditation in order to connect with a specific ancestor, the user can call forth a spirit-like apparition of past relatives, in order to communicate with them. Recalling a past memory can also be done subconsciously when in the presence of people or objects important to that person, or other certain triggers which can force the recollection of a memory."

Possible Applications:
  • It's capable for the user to adopt the muscle memories or genetics of their ancestors.
  • It's capable for the user to channel their ancestors and gains insights into their skills and abilities in the process.
  • The translation of some biological senses into a cognitive equivalent. This power may even allow a user to receive gains to capabilities lost somewhere in their bloodline (i.e. language, memory, experiences).
  • Gives the user the capability to trace/track bloodlines in themselves and others. (i.e. detect familial diseases, racial traits, etc).

• Vallis Animae translates to The Valley of the Soul

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The blue banthas were sapient, Force-sensitive banthas found on the planet Entooine. Though not very different physically from the normal bantha, all members of the species could use the Force to a small degree. Additionally, they could never forget any memory and were known to pass down their knowledge through the generations. Askhew shamans often communicated with them to ask for advice and received simple answers by watching how the banthas stomped their hoofs. To communicate, they believed they had to approach the blue banthas with the lower leg bone of a standard, brown bantha. Jedi passengers, led by Master Jend-Ro Quill , learned to share, protect, and store memories from the banthas.

Romi Jade learned this power from Quill at the Jakku Jedi Enclave. She would go on to take the skill further when she discovered that she could use it to trace bloodlines. It would be the skill she'd use it to track down the originator of her own bloodline, her ancestor - Jedi Master Avar Kriss

It wasn't until recently that she decided to document and record her personal history, experiences, and new discoveries. Becoming Headmaster of an Enclave and then a Praxeum, and a bunch of near-death experiences made her want to author some sort of tome and record data for her Holocron one day. The tome once complete will be used to teach the next generations.

Last edited:
Romi Jade Romi Jade

Another nice entry! I will, however, need some links for the memory crystal and the Jakku Enclave location sub. Also, since the image credit link is to issue one of the source material, I'm gonna ask for it to be replaced with a link to issue two so that the link takes people to the page with the art on it. Let me know when those are done and we'll be all set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom