Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Path Wasn't Meant For You (Romi Jade)

Atten: [member="Romi Jade"].
Er6tw3E.png
dunZ6LX.gif
Veiere Arenais sat within the Captains Quarters of the Starship, his gaze having drifted away from the terminal upon his desk, growing distant in the thought of his first successful Apprentice, [member="Romi Jade"]. Once upon a time, they two were like family to one another, and Veiere thought of her as his flesh and blood just as much so as [member="Loreena Arenais"] was his Daughter.

One of the biggest and worst consequences of his actions taken against the Deneba Enclave, was that it had convinced Romi to give up hope for the Jedi Order, to feel so betrayed by Veiere that she allowed herself to be swallowed up in the Dark-Side of the Force just as he had once allowed to happen. Out of anger and resentment, from Veiere's understanding at the least, Romi was committing the very same mistakes that still haunted him every night in his sleep.

That was why he was taking such a big risk now. Vikras Ansion remained out upon the Bridge in active command of the Crew as Veiere's second, but the Jedi Master required time to think and reflect upon what lay ahead of them. Yavin was on the edge of known Space under the territory and control of the Sith Empire. While it was fortunate that the Judiciary had Stealth technology aboard, that didn't mean they were safe by any means, and if Veiere actually managed to track Romi down, who knows whether or not she'd alert any others.

Accessing the Jedi Comport, Veiere sought to bring up the old database from the Deneba Archives. Though the Enclave had been ruined, the data there had been secured and stored upon the Holo-net for safe keeping. Now with the addition of the Comport, the Jedi were able to access any Archive database from anywhere in the Galaxy, and it was doing this, that Veiere would seek to use Romi's old Comm Frequency to send a written message.

Romi, I have come searching for you in the hope that you will speak with me. Should you agree to meet with me, I will await your company upon Yavin IV. There is still much we have to discuss.

Yavin System
WITH: [member="Veiere Arenais"]
OBJECTIVE: Meet with her former Master

[youtube]
https://youtu.be/G99EkmfRraQ[/youtube]

Taeli had a way of making it seem as if her new subject still maintained control; it wasn't true. Even in the most still of moments, she could still feel her influence on the dark forces that invaded her body. It was tearing her mind apart. Sometimes...she wasn't sure if she could suffice throughout the day.

Ughnn

Her body grew stiff in the instant, seizing at the pain she felt; she couldn't place exactly where it was either. It was in her head. She dug her fingers deeper into her forehead.

In truth, Romi was not reacting well to the sith poisons effects nor the enchantments. Naturally, her spirit would want to fight back as it had been doing for the longest in suppressing the effects. But...whatever sorcery Taeli did on her...flipped all of that over; it hurt to fight back...and most days she'd black out.

Coren...was the only thing that helped for the longest time; the bond they share allowed her the focus whenever they were around each other...and they were always around each other. Now though...for the first time...the Jedi Knight was scared she wouldn't see this one through, but even fear was supplanted with rage most of the time.

She'd come to Yavin on the call from her former Master...and she really didn't know why she was there. Everything was pointing to finishing the job...striking him down for good when she couldn't on Jabiim. But whatever piece of the old Romi that remained deep underneath all that darkness, wanted to latch on to her Master.

For once she needed help, and no one seemed to figure out that it was beyond her control but to act on the will of her Sith Master.

Yavin IV.
Er6tw3E.png
The Upsilon-Class Command Shuttle descended down toward the surface of Yavin IV, a world formerly made famous by the Rebel Alliance's choosing during the times of the first Galactic Empire and their ever monstrous and devastating Deathstar Space-Station and mass weapon against democracy in the Galaxy. Having received Romi Jade's confirmation with rather little detail or effort in her compliance, Veiere had proceeded to the rendezvous point he had forwarded to her. He doubted that this meeting would be a civil one at first, especially given she'd probably resent his choice of clothing alone; the Jedi Apparel mostly hidden beneath the Silver Mantle cloak that flowed in his every step, still flowed with a powerful aura in the lightside of the Force and his former apprentice would have no trouble in sensing Veiere's presence.

It wasn't difficult to feel skeptical about the day, Veiere having mostly expected Romi to either slander him in her refusal to meet with him, or otherwise not give him the time of day what-so-ever. Despite these doubts of his however, he still needed to try to reach out to her. Their previous run-in together had led to a violent bout that had nearly killed them both. Surrounded by war that day, it was Veiere's desperate wish that wish the peaceful nature of Yavin IV surrounding them, perhaps this time wouldn't fall into such madness. Hope wasn't enough to deter him from coming armed, unfortunately. Better safe than sorry, he had to believe. Veiere's signature Lightsabers of Svivren hung from the right side of his belt, while behind him he had a Dagger that had been horizontally sheathed in order to keep it subtle and from causing any discomfort in his possible need to be maneuverable in combat.

All that was left now, was to await his former Padawan's arrival.

Yavin System
Rendezvous Point

[youtube]

She'd probably learned how to move in silence from watching her master - silent in the sense that he was outwardly expressive with his force signature, whereas she was always so quick to disclose hers. Though, she knew he was always capable if the situation called for it...

She made her own presence noticeable as she emerged from the forest, sliding from behind shrub and other wild growth native to Yavin; she was soon pacing up the incline. "Last time we met...I lured you into a trap that led to a rough bout." She'd come to a stop at this point, standing just some feet in front of him.

"Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in taking your life. You've called on me to give me another go?" She retorted.

She could feel the irritation...the rage deep down. It was boiling...and yet it was something beyond her control. It could have been a reaction to his aura.

Yavin IV.
Er6tw3E.png
"You were very quick to draw your weapon, last we met" Veiere agreed, his attention falling upon her as she made her way up to stand on level ground with him; "You failed however because you weren't wholly committed to the task, I sensed" he added. Back then Veiere had been in a much more bleak of a place in his personal life compared to today, his responsibility for [member="Romi Jade"] and her current affiliation with the Dark-Side was something he felt he needed to be accountable for. He had given her the opportunity, and yet there he stood today, having asked to speak with her once again.

"I did not ask you here to draw blades upon one another. Try as you might, you will fail again..." Veiere warned her, his strength in the Force having returned to him once more since his joining with the Order of the Silver Jedi, returning to his former daily routines that he had once run her through during her own apprenticeship. "I am however discontent with your current circumstance, Romi. You have blamed me for much of your current affiliation with the Dark Side of the Force, and you were right to put that on me" he admitted knowingly.

"Because of this however, and because of the path we once walked together, I've come to guide you back towards the light. Jedi or not, your path is not of the Sith" Romi Jade had once been a brilliant Jedi Knight. A member of the Jedi Council and a Leader. Veiere didn't expect that she'd just up and walk back into that life, but to see her consumed by the darkside was a true tragedy.

Yavin System
Rendezvous Point

[youtube]

Veiere Arenais said:
"You failed however because you weren't wholly committed to the task, I sensed" he added.
Her eyes fluttered in rapid succession before bounding off in another direction; she couldn't argue that. She could have killed him if she wanted...he'd left the opening and had been willing to sacrifice himself - she didn't follow through.

And she wept about it...consistently. What glimmer of light remained was full of fear and sorrow, and she long even to feel that again. Her spirit had grown more vindictive...and vengeful.

Veiere Arenais said:
"I did not ask you here to draw blades upon one another. Try as you might, you will fail again..."
"Fail again!?" She cut in. "You've no idea..." She casually shook her head.

Veiere Arenais said:
"Because of this however, and because of the path we once walked together, I've come to guide you back towards the light. Jedi or not, your path is not of the Sith"
A beat.

Her breathing picked up, and it was as if she were about to puke words.

"I...I hated you!" She pointed, reaching and reaching with her finger until she latched on to something not even tangible. "Thinking of you makes me quiver in rage..." she shook as her words sizzled out.

Throwing her hands out, she turned away from him.

"But how can I not think about...the only man I would know as my father." her words full of pain, "I...I...I don't want to hate you." she shook her head repeatedly, before digging her nails into her skull as her insides rung in pain.

Ughh

For a moment...it seemed like that speck of who she was was clawing through...

A momentary window of opportunity.

Yavin IV.
Er6tw3E.png
"And I won't tell you that I did not deserve that hate, Romi. The things I have done, they're things that I can never take back and they continue to plague me. I can hear the voices, picture everything that happened and nothing that I do will change that. Nor should it" he told her, remaining where he stood and studying her closely; he had been right after-all. There was still a great deal of doubt and conflict within her.

"I can accept that you may never forgive me...-But I cannot accept this decision of yours to turn to a power that will consume you and break down every ounce of compassion that you carry within you, Romi" he spoke from experience. The Darkside of the Force was self-destructive and fed off of ones emotions, fueling their immediate desires whilst unknowingly causing everything else to come crashing down around them. Romi Jade had made many friends within the Order for herself back before Veiere's fall; she had been a well respected and most admirable leader of Jedi once.

"Let me help you come back from all of this..." He gestured to their surrounding environment, the pair of them pitted upon opposite sides in what would have once been considered some delusional farce had someone told them to expect it way back on Deneba. "I was able to find my way back...-But it didn't come without help, I couldn't do it alone" he sought to encourage her through sharing his struggle and present circumstance; "I'm with the Silver Jedi now" he added, hoping that it might help her to know that others had accepted him back into the Order. "It's not too late for you to turn away from the Dark Side...-Return to the Order with me Romi, I will show the way back into the Light".

Yavin System
Rendezvous Point

[youtube]

Veiere Arenais said:
"Let me help you come back from all of this..."
Those words...she felt them resonate within her. Over and over again it ran repeatedly through her head.

Mhmmmm

Now, she was clawing with both of her hands. His aura was...having some sort of affect. It would be visible that her equilibrium was off...her knee were growing weak and she stumbled forward, planting her leading foot so that she didn't topple over and could regain control.

Veiere Arenais said:
"It's not too late for you to turn away from the Dark Side...-Return to the Order with me Romi, I will show the way back into the Light".
Every audible noise was ripped apart and reconstructed over and over again in her head. It was like every sound was being blown directly into her; the ringing she couldn't bare it.

Ughh!

And then...everything became quiet. Still.

Suddenly a scream erupted from deep inside. This wasn't one of her banshee like wails, it was almost as if there was a break through. The area became filled with psychic energy and she'd ripped her way into Veieres mind; this wasn't an attach...this was a message from somewhere deep down. Someone was trying to convey something to him, but couldn't physically tell him.

It was...Romi.

She'd appear a weak and sickly version of herself, a seemingly tangible figure but in Veieres mind.

She toppled over, and fell to her knees. Her chest rose and fell as if she was running out of air.

"Master...I..." weak. "I'm losing this battle...I can't keep this at bay for much longer. it's--"

Ugh, she'd phased in and out seemingly.

She projected her memories into his head, he'd find himself first on viewing Coren Starchaser and her sharing moments of uncertainty with one another moments before the battle over Mon Cal. A series of quick flashbacks; she'd felt unsure, and then there was the pain, then they both agreed she should stay.

Veiere would be directed through the empyrean with Romi's help as she guided him through her final moments. Next he'd get visage of a beast fueled and created by nothing but the dark - it ascended upon the city and was after Coren.

Next, and finally...Romi would be seen briefly dueling Taeli before the Sith lady herself would use magick to force the corruption the Jedi knight had been fending off to forcefully turn her. The enchantments and everything to come with it were seemingly ripping Romi apart from the inside as she had further bad reactions to it.

Then - Veiere would be ripped away from those memories and brought back to see a pale specter of his former apprentice.

"I am...not in control."

None of this was by her choice, and she couldn't fight the enchantments placed on her seemingly making her a puppet. She needed help.

Though, soon that flicker of light would vanish and rage would take back over. The link was broken, and the women let loose a devilish wail into the sky - the type she was known for. It was much less a directed attack and more a display of dominance as the enchantments took back over.

She fell to her knees.

Attention: [member="Romi Jade"].
Mentions: [member="Taeli Raaf"] & [member="Coren Starchaser"].
Er6tw3E.png
Two rather famous figureheads stood out to Veiere in the moment these visions were forced upon him, his former apprentice having broken through his mental defense with astonishing ease in her moment of desperation; the power that she could summon when everything was put on the line and nothing was restrained by her former doubts and insecurities of the past. Veiere had never been directly involved with the Galactic Alliance, he had met with the New Jedi Order maybe a hand full of times in the time that they were established but word had spread far and wide of [member="Taeli Raaf"]'s deception...[member="Coren Starchaser"] on the other hand had convinced Veiere to return to the Jedi, even despite knowing the truth of his past.

"Master...I...I'm losing this battle...I can't keep this a bay for much longer. it's--".
It wasn't her choice. Romi hadn't chosen to step away from the light, she had been coerced by Taeli's deception and Sith magics; "It's not your fault..." Veiere told her, moving to close in the distance between the two of them before she finally lost control once more and let out an air deafening wail, forcing Veiere to instinctively cover his ears as pain shot through him, his legs buckling and dropping him to a knee beside her. It didn't last forever, and it didn't seem to be directed at anything in particular. Perhaps this was why he was able to try to reach out to her, his head growing in a phosphorous white aura.

The moment his hand touched down upon her shoulder, the light of the force would wash over her in what could only be described as a warm cleansing wave. None of her strength would be removed from her, but his hope was to wrestle the control of the Darkside's influence away from her, to try to restore her self-control and somehow do the horrible damage the Sith magicks had forced upon her.

[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Cleared it with Romi to join in

Taeli was not one to relinquish investments lightly, especially to the Jedi. Romi Jade was a long term investment, the young woman being led inexorably down the dark path of the Sith. But there were those that wanted to interfere with that destiny, to pull her back into the light and put her right back into that confined prison that was the Jedi Order's way. Coren, Taeli almost expected daily to try and mount a rescue of the woman that had been abandoned on Mon Calamari. The head strong Sentinel, while not really one for making plans besides stab the glowing end of a lightsaber into a dark sider, was skilled with Force Light and might try and break Taeli's hold on the girl.

But Romi had informed her there was another Jedi she had close connections to, her former teacher that she had fought briefly on Jabiim. Taeli was not as familiar with Veiere, having maybe a handful of even being in the same room of those tedious conclaves that never went anywhere, let along conversations. But the rumors were there. Of how he had a loss of faith and slipped into the reckless darkness of the Dark Jedi, of the massacre on Deneba... and then his supposed redemption.

She had not known if he could conjure Force Light, but considering the current Jedi Masters, she had assumed it possible... and Taeli always protected her investments.

Even as Romi screamed and Veiere got closer, his hand shining with the Force, Romi's shadow was shifting. Taeli might not be there physically, but that did not mean she had no way to project herself or her powers there. A dark shade rose from the shadow, roughly in the shape of a robed woman of Taeli's proportions. As the hand closed on her shoulder, unleashing that wave of light to try and remove her influence, Taeli met technique with technique... but not one borne from the teachings of the Sith.

Her travels had been far and wide, learning from various sects of Force users... including the Baran Do. As the light washed over Romi, Taeli channeled the hassat-durr techniques through her shade to Romi. Neutrally balanced, and designed to manipulate energies and while those energies were normally electromagnetic in nature, the concept remained the same for Force energies. The Force would spill the light to either side, but none of it would reach the core of Romi's being or the poisons and enchantments Taeli was still using on the girl.

"The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows, Master Arenais," she said, speaking through the shade floating just behind Romi's shoulders. "You were a fool to meet on a world so steeped in the dark side."

Attention: [member="Romi Jade"] & [member="Taeli Raaf"].
Er6tw3E.png
Something unexpected happened the moment his hand touched down upon his former Padawan's shoulder, the light of the force meant to flow through her, instead washing over and around the young woman, and was soon accompanied by a foreign presence that caused Veiere to pull back, withdrawing his hand from Romi and standing back to his feet to place a couple steps between himself and the darker, indistinguishable figure that had arisen behind her. The presence of the Darkside was far stronger now, though whatever had countered his attempt to cleanse Romi of it's corruption, had been a technique not of the Sith. The voice that spoke to him, not that of his former student.

"Master [member="Taeli Raaf"]...-Former, that is" Veiere responded, acknowledging her presence with a hardened look at the shadow that sought to protect Romi Jade from her would-be freedom. "This one is not yours to manipulate" he spoke dryly, an edge of defiance in his words and voice; her appearance there and Veiere's recognition of her presence in the Force was enough to convince him that the vision he had been shown prior, was to be believed. Taeli Raaf, indeed responsible for Romi's fall to the Darkside.

"Save us both the inconvenience of a face to face meeting, and release her to me" The Jedi Master cautioned the Sith Lord, apparently confident that he would otherwise find some way to track her down and go out of his way to do whatever would be required of him to see Romi returned to the Light, to re-establish her footing in life. It wouldn't be the first time he had encountered a Sith Lord as powerful as she, though Taeli also wasn't one to be underestimated and Veiere knew that she would likely push him beyond his limits, if he were to successfully overcome Taeli Raaf within combat.

"I will not stop until my Apprentice is returned to her rightful place, and relinquished of your control...".

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Romi Jade"]

From the shade, laughter issued forth at the demand and promises from Veiere. She would welcome such a confrontation with the former king of Commenor. She was not like the Emperor or the Shadow Hand, wanting death and destruction brought down upon Veiere and everyone associated with him and Kay. No, she never went into a fight desiring to kill... unless she had to. Veiere could be a very interesting study, or at least a useful test subject for an experiment.

"Face to face is always the best way to handle such things, but I ask... what of the apprentices and innocents that died at your command on Deneba, 'Master' Arenais," Taeli's voice mocked. "Were they in their rightful places? Did they feel manipulated and betrayed before their lives were snuffed out at your hand? But oh yes, everything is forgiven because you were 'redeemed.' Saw the error of your ways."

The shade's hands settled over Romi's shoulders, like a teacher would to a prized pupil.

"Your lessons, and Coren's, led her directly onto her current path," the shade continued. "Everything you taught her as your apprentice set her inexorably on the path to me. Because of the two of you, she was captured and given Sith poison on Lola Sayu. Because of the two of you, she boldly decided to accompany the raid on Mon Calamari, even when she hadn't been cleansed and was constantly at risk. Because of the two of you, she tried to kill me on Mon Calamari even when I offered her several chances to simply walk away."

The shade's eyes would lock with Veiere's.

"But because of me, she survived Mon Calamari when the Jedi abandoned her when they left. Coren and his allies didn't even attempt a rescue as they retreated, even though I'm sure they knew where she was. Because of my magic, the Emperor himself decreed she was not to be touched. Because of my magic, her wounds were healed and she was finally protected. Because of me, she is learning things that no Jedi could ever teach her. You and the Jedi... you only ever brought her into the path of misery and hurt."

Yavin System
WITH: [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Taeli Raaf"]
Rendezvous Point

[youtube]

She fell to her knee after exerting too much energy in a single burst; trembling, she looked up and could faintly make out Veiere's face through the bright aura that surrounded him. But, the inner light...the one that'd broke free? It resonated somehow with this energy...

Taeli Raaf said:
"The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows, Master Arenais,"

Her lips parted, the last breath of air was stolen from her within those few seconds of realizing...and through her clouded vision she could see the light being snuffed out, and everything that was audible became something like water.

Veiere Arenais said:
"I will not stop until my Apprentice is returned to her rightful place, and relinquished of your control...".

Mhhmmm!!

Ughhh!

She clawed at her face, wanting to cause more pain in another form to quell what felt like her insides were burning.

Taeli Raaf said:
"Your lessons, and Coren's, led her directly onto her current path,"

Huhnnnn!

Whispers, performed some sort of background symphonies while both of her Masters claimed dominance. She was really losing this battle....

Taeli Raaf said:
"But because of me, she survived Mon Calamari when the Jedi abandoned her when they left. Coren and his allies didn't even attempt a rescue as they retreated, even though I'm sure they knew where she was. Because of my magic, the Emperor himself decreed she was not to be touched. Because of my magic, her wounds were healed and she was finally protected. Because of me, she is learning things that no Jedi could ever teach her. You and the Jedi... you only ever brought her into the path of misery and hurt."

Hearing it...hearing it said like that...invoked wells of rage she'd never felt before. Her mouth sealed itself close, and her entire body quivered in rage. She tried her hardest...holding back the flood gates, she waited - she hoped someone would come for her. She held out for her Master or [member="Coren Starchaser"] or someone who would know that this wasn't her fault. With every ounce of her being, she fought for this but....

She couldn't anymore. The corruption from the poison had reached its peaked...amplified by the sorceresses magicks.

Haahhhhhhh!

She propelled herself up from her crouched position, drawing her scarlet blade in a bloodthirsty rage that led her down a path aimed only for Veiere.

Er6tw3E.png
[member="Taeli Raaf"]'s words were like poison in the ears of [member="Romi Jade"], a dark corrupting poison that ran straight to her heart where it hurt the most. Romi had been vulnerable, her former self had come to surface, yet only to be consumed again by the hatred and anger that her emotions and the influence of the Sith Lord encouraged. With the ignition of her blade, Veiere's right hand parted from his side and with it, one of his hilts pulled to his palm, fingers curling around it and unleashing a flare of green energy to match the scarlet blade that she aimed his way. Veiere hadn't been given time to speak for himself, the hate within his former student was too great to be restrained any longer and just like their last meeting, the duel had been forced upon him.

With a clash of sizzling and snapping energy, red cascading green, Veiere sought to deflect Romi's first blow before using the force to leap back several paces at once. "There is no taking back the things that I've done" Veiere spoke over the vibrant thrum of their lightsabers, talking directly to Taeli Raaf though having to concentrate on Romi's movements, searching her body language in order to predict her next attack. "I can only hope to go forward, doing all the good that I can; knowing full well what the mistakes of my past have cost me. I will not let Romi repeat them and lose herself as I did" It was a hard lesson to learn, harder still for those who had fallen to his blade. The face's of those who had died that day on deneba continued to return to him in the night, and the guilt was haunting in every day without some form of distraction, keeping himself busy from letting his mind wander back to those vivid memories.

He couldn't say that he had heard of Lola Sayu before, but perhaps he had been given a clue as to where to start in his search for the Sith Lord, should he and Romi be separated after the battle. Taeli's influence over Romi was vast, and it needed to be dealt with one way or another. His left hand, free of any weapon, closed into a gentle fist at his side while Veiere moved slowly around his Apprentice; calling upon the force and building strength for another go at Taeli's shadowing form, he could not take his eyes off of Romi for too long either.

"Stop and think about who you're listening to, Romi. This woman has made a name for herself, for her manipulation and deceit of the New Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance; there is no genuine honesty to be found in her intentions. She speaks to fuel your anger, so that you will surrender your will to the Darkside of the Force, and become another toy for the Sith to play with".

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Romi Jade"]

Yes, she mused as Romi ignited her lightsaber and struck at Veiere, only to meet his own green saber, the former king would be interesting to study and test. Even from the distance of worlds, she could see that haunted cast to his eyes, the hint of guilt eating away at him. There were cracks in that psyche, in that emotional armor, that, given time, could be widened into fissures she was sure. Kaine and Prazutis might want to shatter his body, especially after all the trouble Commenor had been, but Taeli had other ideas for the Master.

Romi was once again harnessing that simmering rage within her, taking yet another step down the path. Good, very good, and barely from any prompting from Taeli.

"And that is the difference between a Sith and a Dark Jedi," the shade explained. "A Dark Jedi, like what you became, has no sense of a grand plan. No ideas beyond the acquisition of power and wealth for their hedonistic and destruction whims. No code if you will. A Sith has structure and is always striving towards a plan."

She could see that free hand gathering strength, whether for an attack on her or Romi she wasn't sure yet.

"Do you know that no one has ever asked why I did what I did to the New Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance," the shade continued, musing aloud. "I'm sure many have assumed one reason or another, but no one has ever actually asked. I find that rather curious, but then I suppose the Jedi never really care about why. They never stop to think about why someone might commit a betrayal of a government that threw their family away like they were nothing once they were gone. Never wonder how someone could find like minded individuals and recruit them to burn down a fanatical and blind order, to show them they actually had value? But that's the legacy of the Jedi isn't it?"

The shade continued to hover behind Romi, a wispy wraith in the dim light of Yavin's sun. The clock was ticking now.

"I'm not the one who has betrayed Romi's trust," Taeli said. "You need only look at a mirror to see who did that, Veiere."

Yavin System
Rendezvous Point

[youtube]

Veiere Arenais said:
"Stop and think about who you're listening to, Romi.

Her hair shone with reflected highlights of the sparks that results from the collision course between both of their weapons. Her yellow eyes blazed with another sort of light; corruption - it matched the feral snarl on her face.

The hiss-crack of lightsaber smashing against lightsaber drowned out anything else, and she remained there...still. She didn't immediately engage him after he separated himself from her. She slowly stood up, holding her lightsaber down to her side...just the tip of it would burn through a patch in the grass beneath her.

Veiere Arenais said:
This woman has made a name for herself, for her manipulation and deceit of the New Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance; there is no genuine honesty to be found in her intentions.

She began a slow pace, walking directly towards her former Master without any sign of emotion...

Taeli Raaf said:
"I'm not the one who has betrayed Romi's trust," Taeli said. "You need only look at a mirror to see who did that, Veiere."

Then she launched herself at him—unthinking, a wild woman, hair flying. She Force-leapt the rest of the way at Veiere, keen on battering down anything in her way with the ferocity of her relentless attack. What she wanted was to be within his guard - anyone who knew Romi, knew that she would continue after her target until she got what she wanted. The only way around that was to kill her.

This was a blind rage, unlike who she really was and way beyond her control. The only thing she knew for certain was that she saw red and was driven into blood thirst.

Er6tw3E.png
There was no reasoning with [member="Romi Jade"] now, that much seemed certain. The moment [member="Taeli Raaf"] had said her piece in response to Veiere's attempt to persuade his former student to reconsider, Romi had lept forward into action again; this time she aimed to strike at him from above. The height of which she had soared took her well above Veiere's position, though taking to the air also meant that there was only one way down, a predictable landing close to where he stood if the Jedi Master sought not to intervene. That wasn't the case this time.

His lightsaber lowered as Veiere stepped forward and extended his left hand, palm opening towards Romi whom now had nothing solid to stabilize herself nor defend against the coming wave of telekinetic energy that he unleashed upon the area before him. As a Jedi who had followed most traditionally along the Consular's path, his strengths lay in the Force more so than they did in the Lightsaber Arts, and though he wished not to have to bring harm to his old, younger friend...-She'd given him little alternative but to remind her of the power he could wield when pushed into a corner.

Were she not quick enough to form some sort of defense against the barrage of Telekinetic energies, the wall of power would feel like she'd run full-force into a bulkhead. Everything within Veiere's path was thrown backward, the loose debris being torn from the ground, as were the branches of tree's lost of their leaves. A torrent of wind rushed by his bidding until it all began to slow and fall silent once more, Veiere's hand falling to his side, eyes remaining on Romi. He would ensure that she lived through the fight no matter the cost, but he would not stand there to be taken a victim to Taeli's manipulative ways either.

Yavin System
Rendezvous Point

[youtube]

Her body floated with ease some feet from the ground, and in anticipation for some sort of retaliation - by means of the force - she'd brace herself enough, pulling into herself, and converting that energy into last ditch telekinetic barrier that would lessen the impact. Her arms crossed in front of her as she was hit by the bulwark of his energy.

Uhnn

The rest of the kinetic energy had thrown her back, and she found herself colliding with the ground back first. Sliding along the ground, when friction finally kicked in, she brought her legs up and over her head. Parallel to one another, she flipped over and dug her knee into the ground re-catching her balance.

She slowly stood up.

A beat.

She took a deep breath, her chest began to rise as it filled with air; her arms staggered back reaching just past her belt as she developed a curve in her back. It seemed all to reminiscent of the other times she'd let go one of those treacherous banshee like wails.

Er6tw3E.png
Veiere recognized the body language, the same sort of movement and signs of the impending wail for what she had unleashed on him once before. It had taken her some seconds to recover and in those moments he had deactivated and returned his lightsaber to his belt, yet upon seeing her refusal to give up the fight, his hands had fallen to his sides and with open palms and the power of the force he pried up the loose dirt and rocks that lay within the earth around him, bringing them to levitate at shoulder height.

The moment that [member="Romi Jade"] was intent on opening her mouth, Veiere launched every bit of debris at her with a strong telekinetic push. It seemed to him that his best hope of removing [member="Taeli Raaf"]'s influence from her mind, would be to render her unconscious in order to get her into a restrained and safer environment in which she'd not do harm to herself or others. She was a danger to all, in this state of being consumed by such a dark and spiteful poison that the Sith Lady had fed her.

[member="Romi Jade"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

As the fight progressed, the shade that was Taeli's avatar continued to hover close to Romi, acting almost like a second shadow for the woman. Although the Jedi Master wasn't attempting to seriously harm Romi, more likely his goal was to incapcitate her and then spirit her away to Kashyyyk, Taeli was learning valuable intelligence about the Master. Telekinesis seemed to be of preference, plus his demonstration of Force Light and his green saber blade, Taeli was certain he was of a Consular disposition.

So much more entertaining and interesting than Coren's Sentinel.

Still, she would not allow his goal for the fight to come to pass. Romi was powerful, and her education in the dark side would not be interrupted if she had any say in the matter... which she did. As rocks and debris accelerated towards Romi, even as she began to unleash her Force Scream, Taeli began channeling the dark side. Not for an attack of her own, but to further empower Romi. She would feel a practical flood of dark side power to draw upon, to augment her attacks, her speed, her reflexes... a reservoir for Romi to do truly incredible and unnatural things... to touch powers she had never felt before, but Taeli knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom