Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Unarmed

Daro Roz’yrn

“150 years of getting shot at for a living”

Tags: Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol

Daro and his dog were walking along the pavilion of a military arms expo in a station in the Roche asteroid belt. He was wearing regular civilian clothes while his droid dog wore a rugged old hat. The hat was something of a keepsake from when he had attempted to rescue Haon Hafey from total destruction, and arrived too late. Daro had installed magnets on the brim to keep the hat on ol’ Hal’s head as a reminder of the once great synthetic warrior.

Daro, himself wore a regular shirt-vest-trousers combo, but most distinctly, his left sleeve was empty and pinned up where his arm used to be. Today, he hoped to fill in the missing limb.

Admittedly, he actually already had a new arm being cloned in a vat somewhere on Damascus Station. But it would take months before it would be grown enough for proper grafting. Months longer still for it to integrate properly with his nervous system. Still, it was covered under his soldiers benefits, and so he had opted for the clone arm instead of an issued cybernetic prosthetic. This was not because he preferred one, but because it would give him more time for medical leave. He then left the station while “waiting” for his arm to grow and took a little vacation for himself. While he was out, he’d look for a better quality cybernetic arm…

So, basically, he was scamming the corps for time off work.

It wasn’t his first time replacing a lost limb. Being a centennial soldier, lost limbs were actually something of a workplace hazard. But most of his career had been amongst the Dornean Navy Marine Corps, for just over a century. Since Dorneans could live for roughly three centuries, to see a Dornean covered in cybernetic prosthetics was somewhat tacky. Sure it could potentially lead to a combat advantage, but social convention of his people dictated that they would rely more on experience rather than physical augmentations in battle. When living amongst his people, he had felt inclined to avoid social violations and opt for cloned limbs instead of cybernetic augmentations.

Since he wasn’t amongst the Dornean people anymore, Cybernetic replacements were totally on the table… But the Nomadic Peoples military didn’t know that.

He looked at his droid dog and said, “so you think we’ll find some help today, boy?”

Hal looked up at him from under his hat. The dog couldn’t speak, but something about the way it looked at him seemed to be mixed with incredulity and annoyance.

It probably didn’t help that Daro had painted the words “HI, I’M A WOUNDED VETERAN’S DROID ASSISTANT” in bright yellow hazard font all over the droid’s chassis.

Ok so maybe Daro wasn’t above milking a bit of sympathy when he was out on the town…

Last edited:

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

Tag(s): Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn

Equipment​

Kil had pulled a lot of connections that he still had on Roche to get them this venue. It was one haran of a venue too, impressive work had been done to turn this asteroid in particular into a fleet resupply station. One of the station's hangars had been sealed off for the expo and the neighboring one was being used to land visitor traffic. The fact that it was in a hangar was the only way they'd manage to fit the display tanks, emplacements, capital ship weapons, missiles and sub-corvette craft inside. Helpfully, it also served to showcase the company's modular hangar technology.

Yet, as impressive as it was, it wasn't Breshig. There was a pang of nostalgia as he recalled the years the expo had been on Breshig. The way the very same refreshments, gi dumpling soup and the fruity scent of tihaar wafted on fresh air. Sure, he could smell the soup and tihaar from where he was, but it just didn't feel the same on recirculated, filtered, station air, as used to that as he was. Breshig would never be home again, not unless some kind of miracle happened. It was a sector of space that would forever be tarnished but what had happened there. Even if it was once home.

The irony that the one sentimentality a pragmatic culture like theirs had afforded itself had been so violently taken from them. It wasn't as torturous as what had happened with Manda'yaim, those dar'jetii shabuire had defiled Mandalore in every way they new would intimately grieve and pain those who'd survived their initial invasion. Maybe one day he'd be able to not blame them for not doing what was right and standing up to the shabuire whose actions had brought it down on them all, but that day was not today.

Yet the usual crowd that bought company products was here. It was an unfamiliar face that caught his attention, however. A Dornean, if his beskar'gam's systems were to be believed. Not that he was familiar with the feline species in any case. It wasn't the individual nor his droid with the attention grabbing, sympathy seeking message that caught his attention. It was the look in his eyes. The look of a warrior who had seen his fair share of action, but wasn't ready to call it quits. He sure as haran would've earned it, his medical scanners had picked up the myriad traumas the wounded warrior's body had been through recently.

"Is there something we can help you with in particular?" he asked, nodding at the display of Verpine shatter weapons behind him. "Or are you hoping for something off the catalgoue and the commissions lounge is too full?"

Daro Roz’yrn

"Is there something we can help you with in particular?" he asked, nodding at the display of Verpine shatter weapons behind him. "Or are you hoping for something off the catalgoue and the commissions lounge is too full?"
An extremely well armored mandalorian man caught Daro’s attention as he and Hal walked past. He stopped in his tracks in synch with his dog as if they had been order to halt-march. Daro then pivoted 90° to face the man in a loosely military fashion, but cocked his head with a childish grin.

Daro liked Mandalorians. During the time in his life when he had embraced an unhealthy level of alcoholism, he had actually run with a small group of them for a short stint. They had been better pranksters and jokers than drinkers, and that was certainly saying something for this particular group. They had worked together, fought together, and had forgotten more drunken nights than Daro had remembered. His relationship with them had only ended when he had been assigned the role of piloting a getaway ship for a heist job. But he had been too deep into his addiction and being drunk, he had crashed the ship, which left the group exposed.

Their deaths were one of many things that Daro tried not to think about.

But here, at least, he had a chance to honor the experience that those crazy maniacs had given him. Maybe he could impress this man, while perusing his wares. He picked up a Verpine shatter rifle, and inspected it closely before speaking, “I am actually in the market for some custom cybernetics. Lost the old digit in action.” He rolled his stump-shoulder and grunted melodramatically, “I got a thing for mandalorian tech, and I was hoping someone here could hook me up.” Then he remembered an old saying that his old Mando buddies had taught him to start off a business relationship, “or, perhaps, as your people like to say, Ni cuy' a oshokita.”

He exposed his teeth in a grin, hoping to impress the man.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

Tag(s): Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn

Equipment​

Shuk was entirely unsurprised to see military bearing in the man. Almost no aruetii ever acquired a taste for Mandalorian hardware without having seen some action, and see it in action or heard how much it could have made their job easier. Shuk had seen the grin before,. Every warrior, every professional had that moment when surrounded by equipment they were fond of, that their inner ad'ika came out.

"I can see that," he deadpanned, leaving it ambiguous about what comment precisely he was responding to. That was till he heard Mando'a being spoken. He knew from experience that almost no good thing came when an aruetii uttered the words 'ni cuy'. "I can assure you, that is not what you intended to say." He paused, letting his words hang in air for a moment before he followed it up with, "Just how custom are you looking for?"

Their cybernetic limb production line hadn't quite restarted, but all the parts required for producing the limbs were already being produced for other products. If he was gauging the Dornean right, it would be fairly mil-spec, after all, military men weren't the type to want something with an extraneous amount of features. Moreover, he was experienced, which meant he likely knew what he wanted out of his gear. Which was precisely the sort of client Shuklaar and the company in general preferred working with.

Daro Roz’yrn

"I can assure you, that is not what you intended to say." He paused, letting his words hang in air for a moment
Daro took that advantage of that moment to let it sink in. He wondered what he had actually said instead of “Let’s make a deal that is mutually beneficial and worthy of the living and honours the dead.” It then occurred to him that Ni cuy' a oshokita was probably not long enough to convey all of that… those little nerf-herders got me again…

He grinned at that. One last prank from those guys was something he could appreciate. Even dead, they still managed to get the last laugh…

"Just how custom are you looking for?"

“Hm…” Daro said thoughtfully. He set down the shatter gun he was inspecting and squared up to the armoured man, conveying that this was a serious deal “well, first off, my name is Daro, nice to meet you. As you can see, I’m a Dornean. My people aren’t too respectful of inorganic prosthetics, so I’d like something a little more subtle. Synthflesh coverings and something to simulate musculature as if it was real. Just to keep dirty looks from my people to a minimum. And I’d like it to be something of a secret weapon with hidden features, since I fight professionally. How much would something like that cost?”

Being 170 years old, he had some respectful savings put away, so he could afford something of high quality. He didn’t have as much as most Dorneans his age, but definitely more than the average human. Dorthea Dobson Dorthea Dobson had even caught wind of his apparent wealth and offered to “set him up” — whatever that meant. She was a master logistician, after all, so he opted to trust her…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom