Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tund Sorcery (Republic Dominion of Tund)

@[member="Yinch"]

Knight stayed on the ground and looked at the thing... she didn't know if they actually had a species name as she winked and shifted for a moment to look like him. "In time find you will, stranger things there are." Knight shifted back and coughed. how in the world. "How do you talk like that?" She had a face while holding the bolter and her bubblegum colored hair was there a little straighter and longer with a grin.

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Kira gave a quick nod, but she was a bit tired. A hand rose to brush grime off her cheek, which only left a smudge of soot across it.

"I'm fine," she told the soldier, if not, a bit confused as to who this particular person was. That's when it dawned on her, there were other soldiers about. But this one wasn't a Republic one.

"Wait.. who are you?" she asked him, her eyebrows furrowing together in confusion.

Calico's head tilted slightly to the right. At least the Jedi couldn't read his thoughts-,and his body language was a bit restricted. "CIS support ma'am. Contrary to popular belief, sometimes we grow some stones and leave out borders." There was no need for a title--that would look a bit too pompous for his tastes.

"Calico, if you want to go past the I.D number." He strode a few teetering steps away from the destruction. His armor was already damaged, and frankly, standing near a fire wasn't very intelligent. He turned to face the fire; half to look out for any more issues, and half to keep a bit of an eye on this blonde Jedi. He wasn't one to be rude.

"I don't mean to intrude, but what in Corellia's Nine Hells was the point of burning down this section of land? It seems a bit like overkill." He paused to fold his arms over his chest. "And--apologies ma'am, don't mean to be rude. Have a name?"

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

"CIS support?" Well now that was a bit of news. "Oh... okay... ahh... Calico." she said, while the rest of the troops around them along with the Jedi attempted to heal the wounded.

That's when he made the comment about burning down the forest and it being overkill. "You're not the only one." she said in a low voice mid sigh. Just what was going on?

"Hmm? Oh. Kira. Jedi Knight Kira Liadain," she extended a dirty soot covered hand with a multitude of scrapes across her skin. She might have half of her face covered in soot, but the friendly grin was still there.

"Pleasure to meet you."

@Yinch @[member="Knight"]

As soon as Yinch was safely on the ground beside her and Knight looked over at both of them and- well, she shifted. That was...interesting. Mara blinked and shook herself, absently stretching before she shifted back into her human form. She looked briefly back over her shoulder towards the others who were nearby, and into the inferno of the jungle canopy. Her heart broke to see it, and it was all she could do to keep focused on the task at hand.

At least, she mused, they heart of the area was somewhat left untouched, though if the fires rages for much longer, everything would be ash soon enough. They needed to know which of the flowers they needed to harvest to affect a cure as quickly as possible.

"Really need to know which of the flowers the cure can be made from. Have to get in there before the fire consumes everything." Mara added, features set with determination

Huh, a friendly Jedi. A genuinely friendly Jedi. That's a first.

"Just a bit. All my teams have left the planet, technically, I am the CIS here." He mumbled in an attempt to be friendly. He reached up to remove his helmet; features the same as just about every other soldier in his Legion. His hair was buzzed short, and a thin beard had begun to grow; the only real differences between him and the other others.

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Liadin. I like the soot, seems we share the same fashion sense." He reached over and shook her hand a bit firmly. A small, genuine smile was worn on his expression. He really hadn't spoken to anyone else outside of the 117th, it was refreshing. "I don't have access to Republic comms and I'm a bit worse for wear, but if there's any assistance I could give, just let me know."

He chanced a look around at the wounded; injured in every kind of way. His medical training was moot, but that didn't mean it was okay to just sit back and let the others help.

I'm no lazy droid.

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Kira Talith

Kira couldn't help but give a quick laugh. Times like these were the sort where a little bit of laughter could quell tense filled moments.

"Well soot or not, we have a mission to complete @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]." she told the CIS soldier. "There is a particular type of flora that can be our key to curing a particular disease." she admitted, her hands coming to rest on her hips as she cast her gaze to the blazing fire going throughout the forest.

"But I am unsure how well that will work out now..." she confessed, nibbling at her lower lip. She then cast a glance at him. "Do you have any large aerial transports, Calico?" they had to think quickly.

"Any that can be quickly retrofitted to be used to pick up water from the nearby lakes to take care of this fire?" if they could quench the wildfire, they could then take the time to look through the various specimens of flora left.

If only Master Boolan was here, Kira thought with a bit of anxiety. If there was anyone who knew plants and their properties. It was him.

Calico let his smile grow, though it was rather marginal. Laughter was what he associated friendship to be, as childish a view as that was. "I'm...just going to assume this flora is one of a kind, and happens to be in that blaze of glory we just escaped from?" He tilted his head forward in silent question; nose wrinkling at the smell of smoke.

"I have an older personal craft. Starfighter, fits three occupants. I've installed short range carrying cables, really just reinforced bungee cord of all things." He paused to turn and stare at the flames. "We could do it if there was a massive bucket lying around...I wouldn't put it past the Republic to commission something like that." The Commander had an almost playful tone to his voice, and then, just like that, he was all serious once more.

"My ship's an old Belbullab. A general I fought back in the old days flew around in one. It's an antique...call it sentimentality." He clipped his helmet to his belt and folded his arms over his chest. Calico was careful to keep his gaze on Kira, rather than the wounded. Despite a lifetime of warfare, he'd never grown used to it. It wasn't the greivous wounds; those did nothing. It was making eye contact, and hearing their dying groans that sent his stomach into a tumble.

"So, ma'am, any ideas on what we could substitute a giant karking bucket for?"
@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Already the canopy was afire and falling around the Shi'ido. The heat of the blaze prickled her skin as a flaming branch fell, collapsing to the side of the Jedi where she had only just been standing. Vulpesen's plan had worked perfectly, the seemingly infinite hordes of the Sorcerers were in disarray, running amok within the fiery environment. Fully opened to the Force, Rasu was a blur, moving to and fro as she dodged lightning and flaming tree limbs alike, not worrying now about striking at the fleeing sorcerers but rather concerned for her own safety, for without the Force she was sure that she would have been crushed multiple times by now.

As the barrage of lightning finally ceased, the Knight began her ascent forward, following the dark aura's of the fleeing enemy, hoping that they would lead her to the glade where the cure would be found. Knowing that her team wouldn't be far behind her, Rasu let her presence shine through acting as a bright beacon for the Jedi to follow her, deeper into the slowly burning rain forest. Now they also had a timer, just another tiny pressure to the already slowly crumbling plan. They would have to move fast to stay ahead of this fire. Glimpsing a small pond, Rasu used the Force to morph the structure of the water, moving it all up into an orb before spraying it down on the nearing blaze in the form of rain.

Hoping that this would be sufficient for the time being, she opened a comm frequency to those behind her, speaking into it, "Alright we got rid of the Sorcerers but now we've got the fire to deal with. I need some of you to fight the blaze. Use the Force and any water you can find. The rest of us need to put all our efforts into finding that medicinal flower before the fire get's to it. Am I clear?" she asked, wanting to make sure her orders were understandable and that all knew their tasks.

@Yinch @Commander Calico CC-247 @[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Knight"] @[member="Orihime Ike"] @[member="Darth Praelior"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Saki"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Vilox Pazela"] @[member="Vulpesen"]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Knight"]

"How talk like that do you!?" Yinch retorted before grinning inside his little hazmat suit. "So strange am I?"

Yinch looked at Mara and hooked a thumb at knight. "Talk strange she does, yes?" Henwas obviously joking his big smile even in the midst of chaos.

"Quickly the flower we must find."

@Marakai Al'Orren @Rasu Gan @Knight

Mara grinned broadly down at Yinch, taking a brief moment to distract herself from the habitat destruction.

Lifting a hand, she tapped the comm in her ear. "Understood, Knight Gan. We'll work on finding the flower. Sounds like Kira and our new clone friend are going to tackle the fire itself." she flicked it off again after glancing over to nod to Kira. She should have perhaps waited until someone ranked at the Knight level had made the suggestion, but there was little time to spend on worrying about that kind of protocol.

"Now...how do we..." she stepped closer and crouched down beside one of the fallen sorcerers. Her brow furrowed even as her nose wrinkled, the faintest hint of a fragrance reaching her nose. Fingers curled into claws and lengthened as she partially shifted her hand. Carefully, without harming him, she cut open a portion of his outer robe, revealing an interior pocket he feebly tried to keep hidden.

"...huh, petals. I bet this is it." out of the torn pocket fell a pile of pale pink petals with drops of scarlet around each of the edges.

Knight gave a nod of her head and smiled with the joke. The padawan was funny while she moved to work on getting the flower(s) with her bolter going across her back. Her tonfa's at her sides and shifting a little so her hands were more slender and going after the flower while working on the force to move what water she had to spread out among the fire to put it out while moving. "I'll look for the flower, lets focus and get to it."

@[member="Knight"]
"Here I find you Flower picking while your friends are dying? That Sounds rather irresponsible if you ask me. " he said suddenly to the woman. “ I think you and all your republic friends should leave.” This shall belong to the CIS. He said knowing that if anything that would complicate things, when he mentioned them. Or if it didn’t he would not care. He stared down the knight, wondering what her move would be. He as always assumed the position where he stood there, saber unignited in his hand, waiting for a move.

Not Ordo

@[member="Eldoc Quasat"] @[member="Knight"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

"Irrelevant!" Yinch yelled at the man "Republic? BAH! CIS? BAH!" Yinch pointed a small hand at the man.

"Governments are worth more than lives? Bah! Finding more petals I am! Fight the fire if fight you must!" Yinch through up his little hands and walked away into the under brush.

"BAH BAH BAH!" he called over his shoulder.

Vulpesen dashed around, attempting to put out as much of the fire as possible. After a minutes, he had already found a useful tactic by putting out the fires on the ends of the tree stumps, then using the tree's to smother fire fires by force rolling them. Careful not to crush his compatriots, Vulpesen started moving around in a circle, extinguishing the fires one by one. Luckily, the attack had left the flames ina controlled circle.

Finishing with one particularly large push, Vulpesen glanced to side to witness @[member="Eldoc Quasat"]'s hostile words. Within a a moment the shadow was upon the dark jedi, holding a dagger in his left hand while his saber stood unlit within his right. "I don't believe that you are in the position to make such demands friend." The jedi had come here and they were the ones who had worked so hard to beat back the sorcerers. Vulpesen was not about to let some power hungry dark sider take away this victory.

@Eldoc Quasat @Knight @[member="Vulpesen"]

Amber eyes carefully flicked up to the man suddenly standing over them all, and growled darkly at him. There would be no mistaking where the sound came from and who the feline distaste was meant for. Careful excision of the pocket created a convenient pouch into which she gathered all of the petals, with a few extra strips to hold it closed.

Mara stood to her full height, and stared right back at the newcomer, tilting her head and sniffing the air. She sneezed in distaste and moved around him in a wide berth. His petty tirade wasn't even worth wasting her breath in response...never mind that they had no time to waste.

"Right behind you, Yinch..." Mara called out, briefly grinning at the little green Padawan as he stalked into the underbrush. "...we should probably skirt around to the left. It's where I was headed when the canopy came down, and I thought I saw a clearing."

Not Ordo

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Yinch scrambled over and climbed up on his friends back to hang on as they searched and prepared to bring back the flowers.

"Fighting for nothing." Yinch said to Mara indignantly. "Give lightsabers too anyone they will. Mandalorians will have them next."

@[member="Kira Liadain"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Knight"]

"Jedi team, this is Jedi Vosra. The sorcerer here has given us information about the illness." He said over the commlink. "I think I can make a vaccine from local flowers as he said but I will need as much as you can grab."

Talon looked at the sorcerer and back to the other republic doctors and troops at the base camp.

"Plants are kinda my thing." He joked with a nearby padawan. "We're like this!"

He held up his hand and crossed his pale fingers.

Kira Talith

Kira now had her mission. Turning to Calico, she went scouring around, looking to see what could be used as a make-shift container... Her eyes then settled on the hollowed out remains of a large transport vessel. It was rusted, and missing it's roof... however, with a bit of luck, it can still hold water to help with quelling the fire.

"Let's use that!" she told the Commander. "We can use some reinforced wire to tie it, then just dump as much water as we can over the canopies." it was a macgyver method, but it was better than nothing.

Well, that certainly seemed like a decent idea. Calico knit his brow in deep thought as he eyed over the rusted wreck. It was in a sorry shape, but Kira was right, it would serve it's purpose.

"Lets hope it doesn't drop prematurely. Squashing the doctors would be counterproductive." He half-joked. The clone set his helmet back upon his head and clicked his teeth twice at an icon in the corner of his HUD. The sound of a fighter's engines firing up; joining the myriad of noises polluting the air.

"Okay." He began, casting an eerie blue light from his visor right in Kira's face. "I'm going to need you to control angle the wiring. I have those hooks on the fighter; I just can't keep the ship from moving while angling them down."

He chewed down on his lower lip, anxiously aware of the Jedi actually doing something. He wasn't one to sit back and enjoy the show. "So, be my co-pilot for a few minutes?"

The silver hull of a moderately sized Belbulab shone bright amidst the dancing flames. It's cockpit hatch was wide open; inviting anyone who would come to it at the edge of the clearing.

"That one right there."

@[member="Kira Liadain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom