Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tund Sorcery (Republic Dominion of Tund)

Team Gan
Rain forest Two
@[member="Yinch"], @[member="Antares Windu"], @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Wind lashed out at the Shi'ido's face and hair, which would have left the latter flapping wildly behind her if not for the bulky hazmat suit. Keeping her senses alert and ready, Rasu could feel the slight anxiety emanating from the Padawan's accompanying her, or was it her own? The adrenaline hurtling through her blood stream stopped her from distinguishing the real source. No matter, turning her attention to the front again, she began to make out a green protrusion sticking out in the horizon. Finally, she thought, relief beginning to flood through her as hope washed away any glimpse of fear for her comrades. Bringing her left arm to her gaze, she looked down at the small monitor protruding from her hazmat suit. Another of the four dots, representing Saki's group, were also nearly at their own location. The Republic wouldn't have to wait that much longer, as long as the Sorcerers words proved true.

Nearing the border of their rain forest pocket, Rasu began to slow her speeder down, raising her hand to advise for the Padawans to do the same. The Shi'ido felt her body be pushed forwards against the pressure of the decelerating vehicle, her face pressing up against the visor of the suit. Switching off her speeder, she waited for the rest of her group to do the same before hopping off and stretching her stiff legs, getting accustomed to the lack of movement while in the suit.

Speaking into the mic, Rasu spoke to the Padawans through the comm channel in their suits, "Now Padawan's when we go in here, I want you to have your lightsabers at the ready and your senses aware of everything around you. For all we know, this could be a trap, so I am putting a little bit of faith in your abilities. No pressure." she smirked a little at this, hoping to relieve the group of a little tension. "Is there anything you want to ask before we go in?"

@[member="Saki"] @[member="Syn"] @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"] @[member="Quenladose"] @[member="Van Cleef"] @[member="Sören Ré Átras"]

When the signal came for them to stop, he continued on just a little bit, so that he may have more room to swing around and lose more momentum within his speeder so that he wouldn't be launched forwards while he was breaking.

He eventually lined up his speeder with the Headmistress's and he flashed a grin from behind his mask. He looked to @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] and the same grin was still upon his face, and he nodded his head. When he saw the Yoda species figure, @[member="Yinch"] he nodded his head and then turned to look at the Knight.

"How far do we have to walk?" He said. It wasn't a serious question, but it would still be nice to know.

@[member="Rasu Gan"] - @[member="Saki"] - @[member="Syn"] - @[member="Alachei Mnemenos"] - @[member="Quenladose"] - @[member="Van Cleef"]

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
@[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Antares Windu"], @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Yinch slowed his speeder to a stop and had to once again hold his small body in place with the force. He watched with big curious eyes as his master gave instructions. Tall creatures were all so interesting. All that extra size but the same Force. He was noticing it more and more. From tiny bugs to huge trees. The force penetrated and bound it all. It was like a living water source at times and a gentle breeze at others and he enjoyed its guidance.

He uncliped his lightsaber small though it was and scrambled over to take a position with the rest of the team.

"A trap it may be," he said smiling and full of naive and total trust in his friend, The force. "But the force. With us it is."

Team Gan - Rainforest 2
@Rasu Gan - @Antares Windu - @Yinch

Really, this would have been better without the suit, but even the feisty feline understood the need for caution. As they stopped their speeders and disembarked, she stretched as best she could, testing the limits and flexibility of the unfamiliar suit. It would be uncomfortable, to say the least, but it would not hamper her too much.

Mara did the same as Yinch, upon the direction of Knight Gan, the newly finished silver hilt comfortable even in her gloved hand. What was disconcerting was the lack of input from her feline senses. Smell was important, and a sense she relied on...but could not considering the filters in place in the suit. By the time she smelled anything wrong, it would likely be too late. But at least she could still use her sight and her Force sense, the latter of which was still a very new ability for her.

"No prrressurrre. Yinch is rrright though...the Forrrce is with us. We can handle this." Mara grinned in response, a slight purr rolling through her words and giving them a touch of an accent.

"I must admit I admire your confidence. Antares, I really do not know, but let's just get through this as quickly as we can, there are people relying on us. Let's get going." With that said, Rasu hopped off the speeder and made her way into the forest, lightsabers gripped in each hand and ready for whatever lay ahead of them. Reaching out with her senses, she could not sense any hostile intent within the pocket of rain forest, but that could change at any second, she would just have to trust in the Padawans abilities and hope it would see them through the next couple of minutes.

@[member="Antares Windu"], @[member="Yinch"], @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Jumping off of his speeder he kept his hands at his sides, he wasn't going to draw his lightsaber until it was absolutely needed. "My confidence stems from the Jedi I am accompanied with." When he finished speaking he was all smiles, grinning at all of them and from his presence there was nothing but confidence emanating from him.

He formed the Force in his mind and expanded it out, ahead and around them so that he may get a sense of any danger, or things that would mean them harm. Of in fact, anything that would need help. And while he did that he followed the Jedi Headmistress into the forest and he was expecting the other two Padawans to cover them from behind and their sides.

No one needed to get hurt in this mission, and by all the skills that Antares had, he would make sure none of them did.

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Yinch"]

Not Ordo

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

Yinch stretched out his awareness as he walked. His extra small helmet did not make seeing as easy as he would like. He considered hopping on a shoulder to speed his pace but that would be a burden. Maybe the purrrrdy jedi sister would not mind. He would ask next time. For now he advanced with his saber off but ready.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Saki let a cough escape her lips as she moved to join Rasu on the speeder and rolled her shoulders. Taking in the sight of it all and the others while the woman stopped before getting off. "You two should just make out you know come on the sooner we break some heads the sooner we get a cure and I can go back to sleeping." The jedi knight checked her equipment and ejected the blades with a smirk on her face preparing for a fight.

Team Gan - Rainforest 2
@Rasu Gan - @Antares Windu - @Yinch

With a nod to Yinch, she moved to pick up the left flank, as Rasu and Antares were advancing forward. Her senses were sketchy at best, even though she could feel the Force sliding through her veins as much as she could sense her beast. She would have to have a conversation with Diana upon her return to Coruscant...if this continued, she'd be useless in the field, and that was a horrifying thought.

She breathed deeply and concentrated as she moved, eyes shifting to their feline shape. Everything came into sharper focus and she felt the familiar pull at the back of her mind to complete the change. But she held that desire at bay, knowing it was imprudent for the time being. For now, she kept her eyes 'peeled' as the saying went, making her way through the jungle terrain they now found themselves in. In spite of her troubles with her senses, she still moved in relative silence. That, after all, was a feline ability and not a Force-given one.

Blushing slightly at Saki's comment, she turned her attention back to their surroundings, focusing on picking up any hostile auras. She could feel the others following her, she had worked with many of them before however as she knew from past experiences, these sort of missions were good to strengthen bonds and forge new ones. Despite the situation, Rasu knew they would come out of it much closer, feeling more comfortable around each other due to the things she was sure they would eventually witness.

Stretching outwards, her awareness brushed pass a strange presence, one slightly dark in nature. Quickly pulling it back to find the aura, she couldn't locate it again, beginning to doubt whether she had actually felt something. Continuing on her walk, she gripped her weapons a bit more tightly, conscious that there may be someone watching them. Out of nowhere, the Shi'ido was gifted with a vision, a flash of light, and several streaks of violet lightning was all she saw, before she was pulled out of the mental clip, and out into the physical realm. Danger sense had tingled down her spine throughout the entire ordeal, only reacting on this now, she jumped, grabbing those closest to her, being Antares and Marakai, pulling them to the ground with her as giant pillars of lightning sprouted from the ground, originating from where the Padawans had only been just standing. Before she got up she could already sense the dark presence of the Sorcerers. It had indeed been a trap, and they had walked right into it.

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Saki"] @[member="Yinch"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
@[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"]

Saki looked at Rasu and the others when they had went itno a trap, more so because she wanted to say I told you so but knew she hand't said it was a trap earlier. Now it was all about the fighting and she had a game face on as with an exhale her eyes narrowed on what she could see and fight. What she could bring about to break things ejecting the blades at her bracers knuckles. "Come on then time to have some fun."

What in Corellia's Nine Hells am I doing?

A mass of white-and-green armor shambled not far from where the Jedi were doing their Jedi thing. The man within the armor had come to investigate the events happening down on the surface of Tund. Sure, he was still sore about this world not being enveloped within the protective embrace the Confederacy of Independent Systems provided, but it really wasn't anything worth getting hung up over. In fact, given the planet's current state, it was probably better that the Republic had sent its people.

Better that my boys and girls have fun back on Bothuwai.

The man hunched over silently behind a mess of bushes. His armor was of ancient Katarn model, though tit was clearly updated. The plating was a mix of dirtied white, green, and a massive black spot that resembled ash stuck to the center of the chestplate. It's visor glowed an eerie blue as it took in all of the data surrounding it.

"Oh, kripes, that looks painful." The man whispered to himself; confident the helmet would relay no words. He was cut off, alone in every form of the word. It was alien, unwelcome.

The man was the Commander of the 117th Dreadguard, a legion of clone soldiers that was quickly rising to fame in CIS space. He was still wounded from an explosive round to the chest not long ago. For these reasons, he hadn't been cleared for duty as of yet. For these reasons, he had snuck out of the office and arrived on Tund, still wounded, to see what was really going on for himself.

The Commander eased out of the shrubbery that protected him from the outside world. He was still extremely hard to see to the naked eye, and the Jedi would never be able to sense him. The vong-shaping had its perks. He shifted through the light shrubbery up closer to the Jedi who had just narrowly escaped becoming barbecue.

Should I help?

Impulse took over before thought. He stood up fully; making himself visible. At 6'1, armed with the standard DC-17 rifle and with two of his beloved DC-15 PDWs hanging from his hips, the armored figure was rather imposing. "That looked fun. Friendly." He jerked a thumb toward himself, voice carrying. "CIS support. Any wounded?"

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Not Ordo

@[member="Saki"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Saki"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

Yinch crouched in the dense jungle and had just been missed by the lightening. He got to his feet quickly and held his saber at the ready. He let the force drift through him as he focused on finding the Socerers.

Jumping up with her lightsabers already ignited, Rasu tried to locate any of the Sorcerers but they had hidden themselves well, blending in with the Force and their physical surroundings. Gritting her teeth, she kept the blades raised, ready to deflect any other forks of lightning that might shoot out. Turning to face a bush to her left, she caught sight of an armored figure, waving them down. Danger sense again sprouted at the base of her spine, causing her to jump towards the man, colliding into him and bringing him back down to the ground as a bolt of lightning arced over the pair.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You're going to get yourself killed!" she hissed. Raising her head slightly, before bringing it down again as another streak of violet light shot over them. This was great, another person that the Jedi now had to look after.

@[member="Yinch"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Saki"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

Well, this is just karking odd.

"My kit can take a few blasts of magic lightning, ma'am." He grunted; chewing down on his lower lip as the highly sophisticated HUD in front of him flickered with information. It wasn't really anything important; warnings about how his vitals had spiked, the amount of discharge these bolts of lightning were giving off and the lethality to his armor--the foreign object that had pinned him down to the ground....

"And-" He took a moment to swallow and regain his composure. - I appreciate the assist." He added, not one to be stubborn. The woman had saved his shields a heavy blow, and that was worth a thank you.

You're the leader of the strongest military unit in the known galaxy...pull it together di'kut.

"You can keep laying on me if you want, but I'll warn you, I bite." Then the pain erupted in his chest once more. The wound he carried had healed to the point where he could wear armor once more--but it still hurt. The Commander rolled slightly; letting his armor take the brunt of another electric flare--by extension, shielding the Jedi.

"Who are the hostiles?" He mumbled, completely calm. He'd been involved in more dangerous operations than he could count, this wasn't new. His gaze drifted over everything he could see. A few Jedi, probably students. Those would get in the way. He shifted himself so that he wasn't on top of the woman, hand on his 'Deece' in a fit of caution.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Not Ordo

As Yinch walked through the under brush he gave a start when he collided with the leg of a robed figure. The figure looked down in surprise and anger. The person extanded a hand at Yinch but not quickly enough. The young padawan's lightsaber flew to life and hummed through the Sorcerers leg at the knee.

The sorcerer screamed in pain and pushed Yinch with the force sendingnhim zinging through the air.

"Wawawawaw!" Yinch said as he flew andnhit against a large tree. He picked himself up and got ready for the fight that was coming.

@[member="Commander Calico CC-247"] @[member="Rasu Gan"] @[member="Saki"] @[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Antares Windu"]

Vulpesen's ship zipped over the planet's jungle area, moving where the knight led the craft in an effort to find the other jedi. As he came upon a familiar com signal, he tapped in to send a beep to the comlink of @[member="Rasu Gan"]. "You seem to be in something of a pinch. Need an extra blade?" Through the holes in the trees, he could see the small battle going on. "Ace prepare the ramp, I'm expecting that they'll be giving an invitation to their little party. "His black robes lifted over him as he leaped down to the ramp area, preparing for his usual battlefield entrance.

Vilox Pazela emerged among the Toong village, his dark robe fluttering in the wind, it's cowl raised above his head as he made his way along the pathway leading into the forest. He was blissfully unaware of the Republic presence on Tund, for his thoughts were preoccupied with the history that came with the world that the Toong recolonized. Historically, Tund was a desolate wasteland, much like Ossus, until the Yuuzhan Vong arrived sometime before the four hundred year darkness and restored the planet to it's full health. The Toong ventured back to their colony and established control. The rest, as the saying goes, is history.

But it was the other things, factors if you will, that preoccupied the thoughts of the Dark Master as he disappeared behind the brush of the forest and out of the Toong settlement. The fabled mysteries of the Sorcerers of Tund were known to the Sith, dating back to centuries. But their knowledge, history and lore were lost throughout the eons, the remaining references to their order implying that it was lost during the calamity that befell the planet long before the Gulag Virus. That was why Vilox Pazela was here, among other things. The artifact known as the Mindharp was also said to have once been here; and the bioweapon known as the electromagnetic torpedo was said to have been developed here as well. With this in mind, the Dark Master was performing a type of pilgramage to the uncover the secrets that Tund may hide.

The Toong that Vilox Pazela had left behind in the settlement would discover that he wouldn't remember this day. For the rest of his life, he would tell those that would listen that, whenever he tried to recall the particular day that the Republic arrive in Centrality and Tund became a member of the Galactic Republic, that he wouldn't be able to recall a single thing. The Dark Jedi had left him without his memories and with that had taken the myth that the Toong had come up with. Apparently, there was a building somewhere in the mountain range that overlooked their settlement and the forest that the darkened figure was traveling through.

"Oh that is -it-..." the young woman muttered, cussing a blue streak under her breath as she army crawled over to a massive tree-trunk. Putting her back against it, she twisted off the gloves and her helmet, setting them carefully at the tree base. She slid out of the suit in spite of the danger the radiation posed. It wasn't quite Dronghar, which had become a measuring stick for danger in her mind - but she would still have to be mindful.

Once free, she tapped the comm in her ear. "Knight Gan...I can do morrre good in my feline forrrm. I'll be able to hearrr you if you talk to me, but I won't be able to talk unless you mind-speak with me. I'm on the left flank." Mara's words were interrupted by another arc of lightning, and that elicited a deep, feral growl as she cut the comm call off. Her lightsaber hilt slid into the holster on her left thigh, while her blaster slid into the holster on her right thigh.

Between one moment and the next, her slender form was replaced with a massive feline predator, bristling with sharp spikes and elongated saber-like teeth. Her auburn fur flashed across the clearing as she blasted through it, her Force-sense finally clicking into place in her head as she reached out with it. The overload of sensory input was almost too much to deal with and took a moment to process. They might have been able to hide within the Force, but they were clearly not adept at hiding from something that could smell them. At high speed, she launched herself through the tree-line and hit one of the concealed sorcerers at full force, lethal claws extended to full length as she took the man down before he could unleash the lightning beginning to crackle around his hands.

He shouted but it slid into a strangled gurgle that soon died as she tore his throat out. This one, she'd caught by surprise...Mara had no doubt that the next would prove far more difficult. They wouldn't all be so careless.

@Commander Calico CC-247 @Rasu Gan @Saki @[member="Yinch"] @Antares Windu

"Remnants of the Sorcerers of Tund. Force users." she said rolling off the man's body, trying to be as gentle as she could, seeing the discomfort as she had leaped on him. "I'll be right back." Jumping into the air, she landed on an overhanging branch, gaining a better view of the area and the location of nearby enemies. Reaching out in the Force, she could tell they had not noticed her yet, shooting lightning and other Force-based attacks at her fellow Jedi on the make-shift path. Grabbing three of them in the Force, she felt their shock and alarm as they floated helplessly above the ground. Taking advantage of the situation, she flung them into a nearby tree, knocking them unconscious as the slid down the face of the trunk.

Picking up Padawan Al'Orren's message she brought her hand up to her ear, activating the mic, as she began to catch bolts of lightning on her saber, the Sorcerers now aware of her presence. "If that is what you think is best Marakai, then go ahead. But be careful." As soon as the message had been delivered, Rasu turned at the sound of a hair-raising scream, seeing a large cat-like creature slashing and scratching a rather limp looking Sorcerer. So this is the true power of Padawan Al'Orren, the Headmistress thought, jotting the fact down in her memory for later inspection at the Academy.

Midst the screaming and humming of lightsabers, Rasu was drawn once again to the sound of her wrist communicator, indicating the arrival of another message. Clicking the button, she listened with relief, as the voice of fellow Knight, Vulpesen echoed through. "Your blade would be most appreciated at this moment in time, Vulpesen. Come join our little party." she said, ducking quickly as a fork of violet lightning arced over her head. Soon this ordeal would be over, although this would only be the first of many fights, the Sorcerers would not give up so easily.

@[member="Marakai Al'Orren"] @[member="Vilox Pazela"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Yinch"] @[member="Saki"] @[member="Antares Windu"] @[member="Commander Calico CC-247"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom