Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Threats of the Past

The noises of the firefight remained behind them as the twins ran. Fueled by fear they kept running, even as they exited the atrium. Their hearts pounded in their chests and their breathing was heavy as they weren't used to such physical activity. They'd only be able to run for so long.

The shopping district near the atrium was full of people, which was perfect in the minds of the twins. There they could get help. There they could find some of the Navi.

Willow and Ivy stopped running, glancing about for a green and yellow pin on any of the garments of the people there. It took a couple of minutes, but they had finally found one. A young man in a flight crew uniform carrying a bag of purchased items happened by. His walk slowed for a moment as he saw them looking at him. Perfect. The twins approached him quickly. "Please help us."

"There is a huge hunter in the atrium that's trying to catch us."

"We need a place to hide. Now!"

Dumbfounded at first, the crewman shouldered his bag and turned on his heel, bading the two to follow as he spoke to them quietly. "Follow me. Keeper Charleston at your service. We'll go to my sector. Other Navi will be there with their Angels to protect you further. Just stay close and keep calm. Running attracts attention." Keeper Charleston's sector was that of hanger 3e-117. To him it was a better option than his own quarters. There'd be crew and ships within to bolster their defence if needed. But hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn Karkosuchus Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek

Andrew Lonek

Holy Knight Commander (Navis Sacra)
" Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek " Roz'yrn yelled at the man that just arrived, "Nice suit! I don't think he's gonna listen to you. Stay with the girls. I'll keep Rawhide busy."

Lonek nodded immediately at Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn request and leaped over towards the twins, activating his absorption shield over his armor. It was time to move quickly.

"Ladies..." He would nod as he awaited the action sequence to play out.

His hammer position into a jousting stance and off he went into a charging motion directly towards him through the rounds of slugs which penetrated enough through his armor to lodge into his scales; although the dog managed to latch itself onto his tail as he it went by. But as the Anointed People's skin were incredibly resistant to bludging damage. The most that the dog could manage to do would be rip some scales off his hide. Karkosuchus felt the dog on his tail and moved it around to lodge the dog off. Although this effort might fail.

As the events unfolded and the dog caught a hole of Karkosuchus tail, Andrew would leap into a hovering jump into the airspace above. Scanning the ground below the Lizard, C.E.R.A. would quickly identify several weak spots that could be broken rather easily with enough force.

"Well then..Let's get to it." Andrew said aloud as he would point his fists and small laser shots fired at the ground surrounding the fighting duo, but focused more on where the lizard had moved from.

(Few FEWFEWFEWFEWFEW FEWFEWFEWFEW)!! The beams would break into the ground underneath the lizard weakening the foundation..

"That's it..Keep moving big guy..." Andrew commanded

Daro Roz’yrn

“150 years of getting shot at for a living”
Roz'yrn's Gear

Roz'yrn couldn't see his dog, but he assumed it was going well. Otherwise, he was very highly focused on shooting Karkosuchus with his blaster repeatedly. So much so, that he didn't notice his Angel's warnings in his head as the giant warrior charged at him, hammer outstretched. Daro suddenly realized his mistake far too late as the bounty hunter closed the distance quickly and was upon him.

~oh… kriff…~

~I did try to warn you…~

Roz'yrn quickly snapped-activated his right-arm shield and kept his blaster gripped in his left hand. The impact of the hammer hit his shield at full-force, and a shockwave exploded from the attacker's weapon. The shield automatically diffused the explosive energy away from Daro, but not all of it. The shield disintegrated with a bright-yellow flare and the rest of the kinetic energy from the impact was absorbed by Roz'yrn's body. It didn't do any damage to his armour or systems, but it sent him flying like a kick-ball. Roz'yrn was disoriented as his body tumbled through the atrium in a slow somersault.

His Angel, unable to control Roz'yrn's body, was still able to assume limited control of anything else linked to the Nephilim armour suit. This included the Jetpack that Roz'yrn was wearing. When his body had completed a 270° somersault, with Daro's flailing legs pointed away from the direction the attack had come from, the Angel activated his jetpack as a breaking maneuver. While the Angel was managing this, it also sent a jolt into Daro's consciousness through his neural implant to help him snap back into focus. His situational awareness came back to him almost instantly, thanks to his Stim Tea that he drank earlier, and he managed to extend his toes and keep his knees unlocked.

His toes made contact with the wall behind him, and then his knees absorbed the remaining inertia that the Jetpack had not yet cancelled out. Roz'yrn suddenly felt a moment of satisfaction at how he had survived such a massive catapulting without serious injury just before his Jetpack cut out and he had nothing to hold him above the floor. He landed face-first and yelped as the pavement of the atrium floor cracked his helmet visor.

~that was rude.~

~sorry. I don't actually have any flight control software, since that's kind of, you know, your job.~

Roz'yrn then scooped up his blaster, which had somehow landed beside him through all that, and he quickly kept back on to his feet with a grunt. While he ejected a near-empty magazine from his gun, he took stock of his new situation. Karkosuchus was a fair distance away now, but even from way over here, Daro could catch glimpses of his dog as the giant lizard's tail swung wildly to dislodge the metal beast. While he slammed in a new magazine, he saw lasers rain down from above as Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek fired shots all around the massive bounty hunter. It only took a moment for Daro to realize what he's doing. He immediately thought of a way to make Andrew's job a little easier…

~please don't do it…~

Daro took his EMP Grenade off his waist and thumbed the 5 second timer ~oh, you know I'm going to do it. I've always wanted to try this!~

~this is such a tool move, man…~

Daro Roz'yrn lit up his jetpack with a command through his neural implant and goosed the thruster as he angled his path to fly just a little out of reach over Karkosuchus. With blinding speed, he passed over the bounty hunter and the droid as they battled over the rights to the former's tail. With careful timing and well-practiced skill, he tossed the EMP Grenade at his dog, chiming, "Here, boy! Catch!"

The Dog smoothly snatched the Grenade out of the air in its teeth and then attempted to hunker down harder into the bounty hunters' scaly flesh with its beskar claws. It even attempted to fire its harpoon and towcable into Karkosuchus's back and "winch in" as an added measure to stay attached. The verbal command that Daro had given the dog was unnecessary, as it was under the control of his suit's Angel Navis Operating System, but Daro couldn't help but amuse himself.

He then jetted up towards the open ceiling of the atrium to meet with Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek as the timer would reach zero. "Hopefully that'll soften him up for you! I'll let you finish what you're trying to do here while I go see the girls. Sorry about the change of plans… again. But good thinking!"

Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus was pleased when he directly impacted against Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn with his swamp vanquisher. Watching as the man did a slow somersault through the atrium. Doing some other moves until finally coming to a stop upon a wall and slammed face first into the floor of the room. He was out of range as the man flew by with a grenade and threw it into the dogs mouth. His whacked his tail on the floor as the dog attempted to hunker down upon it. The wench and tow-cable did little to penetrate through his skin as it was protected from such things. His options were limited as blaster fire slammed down from him on above by Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek . A small cracking sound was heard as the bounty hunter broke through the floor due to his weight.

As he was falling to the next floor down with the impact of the EMP Grenade upon his person; Karkosuchus brought his tail up enough to see the dog still upon it. Reaching out with his giant clawed hand and snatched it off of his tail as blood pooled down from it. The dog bitting and struggling within his grasp as he landed on his side with a thud. Cracking the floor beneath him and sending a sound that no doubt alerted Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene to his location. Shrugging to himself as he got up from this fall and looked up at the man still floating above him.

He aimed his arm back and threw the disabled dog up at Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek with a quick throw using his immense strength. With much of his equipment disabled temporarily by the EMP; he was left to rely on his immense strength & size to accomplish the mission. Rushing off into the exit of the room in a blind furry smashing the door to close it to prevent him from being followed. His quarry had managed to escape him and he was going to get them back through any means necessary. Going to meet up with his contact and then capture the girls.

Willow and Ivy did as Keeper Charleston instructed. Walking instead of running, they intertwined their fingers as they moved through the shopping district. It was difficult to resist looking over their shoulders to see if the massive figure of Karkosuchus could be spotted giving chase. Yet they managed for the most part.

The hanger wasn't that far away, and the Keeper was right. Now that their fear was beginning to subside, the twins were able to think. Within the hanger there were more Angels to help shield them. The Angels would also be able to directly communicate with Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn and Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek to let them know of their whereabouts.

"This hunter is bold and focused."

"He cannot be reasoned with and his hide is strong."

"Nor can he be bribed. He wants only to take us back to the Hutt Worlds."

"But the other Hutts won't be as kind to us as Broka was..."

"We don't need to study the Webs of the Force to learn that."

"Hutts....don't appreciate those that slip from their grasp."

And neither would the hunter. A sinking feeling in the pit of their stomaches told them that. At least within the hanger there were Steel Angels that could safely get them out of Damascus if they needed to. They could travel deep into space and perhaps lose the hunter that way.

It was an option, at least. One of many.

Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene

Daro Roz’yrn

Roz'yrn's Gear

After a few minutes of dealing with a metal dog corpse and conversing with Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek the two men went in different directions. Daro left Andrew with a set of instructions in the hopes that they would be carried out, but he didn't count on it. Andrew was not a soldier, after all…

Daro's sensors in his suit scanned the area as he flew over the market area on his jetpack. Soon, he was able to locate the twins and he veered off to go intercept them. Once he was confident that his course would bring him to the girls, he switched on his Commlink.

"Bad Dog to marine control. Bad Dog to marine control, do you read, over?"

"Bad Dog, this is Marine Control. I hear you. We got your message earlier. Is everything alright? Over." The voice sounded gravelly like a mon cal from inside his helmet.

Irritated, Daro spoke to his Angel in a neural sidebar, ~Is he seriously asking if everything is alright? The Prophets were just attacked!~

~When I messaged the marine garrison, I only requested backup. I didn't have time to give finer details~
the suit's Angel replied.

Daro rolled his eyes in annoyance and proceeded to respond to marine command, "no. Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy were almost captured by a bounty hunter. You guys should have been there protecting the Atruim!"

"Bad Dog, sir, we will arrange for protection of the Prophets in the future. But for now, do you still need backup?"

"Yes. I'm almost to the girls now but the assailant is still out there. What's the ETA on that backup?"

"Just a few more minutes, sir. They had to come all the way from the garrison, but they are coming in on jetpacks"

Daro cringed inside. Most of the marines on the station were still using the old Sparky Mk4 jetpacks, which were far slower than the one Daro was currently using. No so they were taking so long. He then said, "alright, good enough for now. Be advised, the assailant is very tall, almost four meters, and is effectively impervious to blaster fire. Do your boys have anything heavy?"

There was a pause as the controller must've put Daro on hold to talk to someone else for a moment. Then, the gravelly voice came back, "all they have is blasters, sir, but there is a Gospel Class Dropship nearby, at the closest hangar bay, which isn't far from your location. Inside the cockpit is a locker with a Cupid rocket launcher and a jetpack inside. I'll instruct the pilot to take the launcher and use his jetpack to bring it to you as quickly as possible. It'll take a few more minutes, but that's the best we can do for now."

Daro sighed, annoyed at how unprepared they were for this sort of thing. Arrangements would need to be made in the future. "Alright, I'll make do for now. But get your boys to hurry the hell up!" He responded, and then shut off the comm.

Just then, he saw the girls just ahead and he goosed the throttle to meet them rapidly…

Karkosuchus

Andrew Lonek

He aimed his arm back and threw the disabled dog up at Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek with a quick throw using his immense strength. With much of his equipment disabled temporarily by the EMP; he was left to rely on his immense strength & size to accomplish the mission. Rushing off into the exit of the room in a blind furry smashing the door to close it to prevent him from being followed.

"Whoa...Gotcha buddy!" Andrew responded quickly while hovering near the gigantic lizard, seeing the dog being thrown at him. He moved quickly in a narrow descent and caught the dog in a cradle catch. He lands and places the dog down before glancing at Kark's escape. As he listened to the incoming message from Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn he recognized his next course of action immediately.

"C.E.R.A...Navigate me to the Gospel Class...Time to get some heavy artillery..." He commanded as he would propel himself back into the air with his jet pack hovering. As C.E.R.A. tagged the location of Kark with thermal sensory, Andrew took off to quickly gather what was needed. The twins were safe....for now.

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus looked around the room that he was currently in underneath the Atrium while trying to locate Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene of the Kraken Coalition. A genius idea came to his mind as he stalked through storerooms and janitorial closets. Finding one that was slightly open and digging through the contents until coming across a maintenance map of the station. There is only a few places they could have gone too. Either trying to escape through a hanger or attempting to hide somewhere their scent was masked. Looking around while holding the map within his Imagecaster. He spotted a ventilation shaft about one mile north of his current location. Finding his way outside of the underground of the atrium and into the crowded hallways of the station.

He walked and walked until finally arriving at the shaft opening; opening up the panel to reach the tunnel. He was too big to fit inside the tunnel but had another idea. Grabbing his Ammonia Bomb from his bandolier and equipping himself with an oxygen mask to filter out the harmful effects; and throwing it down into the shaft in front of himself. Sealing the panel back up and locking it. Now normally one needed the ventilation control panel within the station's command office in order for his plan to work without fail. However he reached for his hammer and activated the shockwave generators within it for his new idea.

Slamming the hammer into the closed panel as the shockwave generator pushed the harmful ammonia gases through the ventilation shaft through such a powerful boom of wind as it began to spread throughout the tunnel system carried by the atmosphere controls that delivered air throughout the station. Ammonia was extremely lethal to most oxygen-breathers and many people couldn't utilize this kind of weapon without killing themselves.

If they were going to hide than he would flush them out with a bioweapon or cause the station to evacuate because of the harmful and toxic atmosphere being pumped through the station at this time. Although he did warn Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene of his plan and to make sure that he was prepared.

Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn
Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek

Willow and Ivy continued following Keeper Charleston towards the hanger. They did their best not to panic and run like they had earlier. So far there was no screaming, so as far as they could tell Karkosuchus wasn't in hot pursuit.

But something else was. Ivy looked over her shoulder at the sound of a jetpack behind them and grinned. "It's Daro!!" Willow wasn't far behind in spotting him too and breathed out a sigh of relief. "The Navi protects..."

The trio paused and waited for Daro to land before they addressed him. "Where is the hunter? Are we safe?"

"We're headed to the nearest hanger. The Angels there will help protect us more."

"We can escape from here if we need to."

Willows brows furrowed a little as she caught wind of something. "Cover your ears. It's going to get noisey."

A second later alarms began to sound as the ammonia gas was detected in the ventilation system.

Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn

Daro Roz’yrn

Roz'yrn's Gear

~oh my! I finally get to meet the prophets!~ Daro's Angel exclaimed.

Just before Daro's boots touched the ground, he replied, ~good. Hopefully they will have a minute to help me with these headaches.~

~I told you not to bother them with that. I'll fix that problem myself soon enough.~

The boots touch the ground before Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy and Daro was greeted rather warmly.

The trio paused and waited for Daro to land before they addressed him. "Where is the hunter? Are we safe?"

"We're headed to the nearest hanger. The Angels there will help protect us more."

"We can escape from here if we need to."

"You mean Lizard-face?" Daro replied to Ivy's question, "me and Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek dropped him down a maintenance tunnel with an EMP grenade crammed up his nethers. It was fun. As for the docks, you made a good call. There's a Gospel Class Dropship that can get you out of this sector of the station and take you to another dock a few clicks away from here in the manufacturing sector. There will be an army of Navis Marines waiting there. There's also a squad on its way here, so we won't be alone for long. Andrew went to the docks to get some heavy ordnance in case Scales shows back up. Oh, and Tin Can says hi…"

~oh my word… Now the Holy Prophets know me as Tin Can. I now officially hate you…~

Daro was about to quip back at his Angel when he felt a familiar whump in the air and alarms started to go off.

~That was…~

~…that damn hammer, I know…~

Daro quickly took off his helmet and slammed back another Root Tea vial, just in case. By now, the first Root tea was in full effect, but he wasn't too keen on running out of strength when fighting a giant lizard man. He figured the second tea would probably kick into full strength just as the first one was waning.

He then saw the gasses escaping the vents and an old dread filled him inside as memories returned.

He immediately recognized the hue of ammonia gas. His homeworld, Dornea, was a close neighbour to the Gand System. When he had served with the Dornean Navy, he had fought numerous Gand Pirate groups, whom liked the ammonia bombs a little too much. Since the Gand don't breath, the bombs were the perfect chemical weapon for them, leaving swaths of death in their wakes, liquified lungs pouring out of their mouths. It was one of the darkest weapons he had ever seen and it filled him with a familiar sense of despair to see it used inside of Damascus Station in a civilian district. He hoped people had the good sense to get to the docks.

While he had his helmet off, he awkwardly reached inside the collar of his armour and slowly pried out a flexicris garment from his Nomadic Under-Uniform Skinsuit. Fishing around the hem of the fexicris, he eventually found an attached A99 aquata breather and ripped it out from the garb. He then donned his helmet back on and clamped it, checking the seals. He then handed the breather to the twins, "Here. You two will have to share this for now, but you really don't wanna breathe that gas in. I've seen it before. Now, let's get to the docks, and hope that Andrew or the Marines can get here quickly, ok?"

Karkosuchus

Andrew Lonek

Andrew escaped the corridor with haste and sent an incoming transmission to Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn 's crew letting him know he was on the way to meet them aboard the Gospel Class Dropship. It was during his travel He also kept them updated on the whereabouts and location of the hunter that was hellbent on capturing the twins. Andrew would land aboard and immediately bolt for the Cupid rocket launcher .

"C.E.R.A. Baby...Run a schematic on this thing..." He pleaded as he immediately opened the large weapons locker.

"Computerized interface scoping capabilities...Low rate of fire but one rocket in the chamber is enough to take down your average starfighter..Should do fine against the reptilian threat.."

"Perfect...And poppa's got a bag of goodies as well...I'll take a few of these stun grenades as well..Well, store them in the leg chamber. Lonek to Marine Control....Cupid's locked and loaded...Heading back to H.Q. . Feel free to bring along some additional noise makers and let's rock this lizard..."

Andrew takes his fingers off his ear piece that glows with an orange hue. Now fully armored...He begins to head back to finish the job and protect the Twins Ivy & Willow at any cost. Just before he would depart however..A homing signal on the location of his companion that he received not too long ago would light up his sensory circuit board like fireworks.

"C.E.R.A...What is it?"

"Command prompt online....Automatron in progress..Uploaded data and functionality complete...SIR....Garmr Battle Dog Droid Companion online and synchronized with my command systems..." C.E.R.A. responds as a clanging noise emits from the weapons locker. Andrew turns around and shrugs in response.

"I thought...Nevermind..The more the merrier! Now it's a party!" He chuckles dryly as he speaks through his helmet.

"Command prompt...Activate following and defensive protocols..key word....(TCH TCH)" Andrew commands as he clicks his tongue twice..."Code name....ROCKO.....Come...Come on boy!! Here ROCKO!" He yells and claps his hands together as the security code given to him from Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn to open the locker was imputed remotely. The locker systems open once more and the scrappy four-legged robotic companion comes dashing out with haste. Andrew gleamed with joy from ear to ear as the dog would leap into his arms. "Oh..Ok ok...Down..Come..Well get acquainted soon enough...We have a target to catch..."

And now with his rocket launcher holstered upon his back and companion by his side, he was ready to bring the hurt.

Last edited:

Karkosuchus

K

Karkosuchus heard the alarms go off in the station once his ammonia gas was detected. There was no doubt a small panic amongst the civilians but they were no doubt calmed down by the Elysium Marines on board the station. While nearby the vent his imagecaster beeped within his hands. It was a message from the Nem'ro Clan demanding an update from the hunter on how is mission was going. Karkosuchus told them that the girls had died in a massive firefight between himself and the Elysium Marines on board. The Nem'ro Clan was highly upset at this information and demanded compensation from the hunter in exchange for not bringing them in alive. Karkosuchus agreed to pay the compensation to settle the matter.

His thoughts finally reached reason and the fact that this station was so large that finding them now was impossible even for him. He disliked abandoning his quarry ( Willow & Ivy Willow & Ivy ) but logistically speaking it was him versus an entire army on board this station not to mention the two protectors ( Daro Roz’yrn Daro Roz’yrn and Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek ) from before. Karkosuchus decided to cut his losses as his equipment started to malfunction again due to the lingering effects of the EMP from before. Stomping down the hallway towards the hanger where his 'House of Moldova' Shuttle was parked. He sent a message to Isidor Justeene Isidor Justeene of the Kraken Coalition to abandon their mission and that he would pay compensation for wasting his time.

Clicking the button on his bandolier to open up the shuttle ramp; he tossed two concussion grenades into the hanger entrance to block it off from any entry as they both exploded in a fiery blast. His heat signature was lost to Andrew Lonek Andrew Lonek as he entered inside the shuttle proper now and made his way towards the bridge as his droid was performing one last systems check before closing the ramp and starting the engines. Lord Gorba would have to wait for his gift another time.

A slow pull of the handle on the engines as the shuttle moved out of the hanger as it started to collapse; moving away from the station now to begin the process of going into hyperspace. About 15 minutes the familiar glow of hyperspace would appear before him as the shuttle blasted away from Elysium Imperium Space back towards Hutt Space Consortium's Area of Influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom