Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wedding of the Ages(open)

" thanks.. I love him... but he is only half echan, and I love him very much.. hmm You can show me the future? " She asked... Hanna still had her mind on the man she was about to marry, " Can we go back and watch Kamon get ready.. I wanted to know if he was as nervous as I am... " She said... she didn't really know where to go.. she just wanted reassurance that he was nervous too. " I don't really want to see anything.. unless it maybe involves Kamon and I ... " She said looking at the man. Hanna still had him on her mind.

The fact was that as much as she wanted to focus on this.. she was still very much thinking of kamon. She couldn't help it.

I hope my tie is on straight...
That was one of the many things that went through the Jedi's mind as another person entered the room. He'd hate to be in all this company and his tie be crooked. "Hello..." Aston said with a quick and easy smile as he glanced over towards his father and then another individual entered the room which was Kalia. Aston rubbed his forehead just a little bit and then gave a small laugh, it seemed to be getting a little crowded in here. "Hello!" Aston said, once more as he gave a friendly smile and wave towards Kalia, and he was just about to take a step forward when he felt a rush of cold enter the room. But it seemed that that was only in his own mind, he could hear her footsteps. She was coming this way, the perfect opportunity to meet so it seemed.

And there she was, not a moment to early or to soon in his own eyes. Aston stared into the woman's blue eyes for a few moments before he took an awkward glanced off to the side, before they scanned the surface of the floor, then back up to the woman called Ashin. And yet when she mentioned Spencer, the padawan learner couldn't help but smile, for his sister whom he loved dearly. "I'm not famous..." Aston said in a soft tone at which he took a small glance at his father before pretending to get distracted as he took a glance in the mirror as he fixed his tie. And even in the mirror he glanced up to see her reflection, that smile that seemed to stare deep into his heart. The padawan closed his eyes for a few seconds as he took a deep breath, and then opened them as he turned around to face Ashin. A smile still on his face, keeping things nice and simple and easy as possible. He inclined his body just a little bit, in respect towards Ashin, whether it be true or not was not left to be seen. "It's good to have met you....Ashin." Aston said with a small smirk on his face. The padawan gave his father one last look before leaving the room. "Forgive me, I need to get some air." He moved past everyone not looking at the dark lord of the sith again.

He really,really wanted some fresh air. While he had his questions as usual, he wasn't going to ask them. At least not yet anyway.
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Jonathan Walsh"] @[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]

It wasn't terribly difficult the see that her brother was annoyed she was there or rather could be at John. Didn't really matter though as she sure most of that was from stress through this whole situation. Wedding day jitters and having the Empress here was a lot to handle all at once. He would calm down after the wedding maybe but probably not as his blushing bride was also pregnant. "I bet, can't wait to get to the honeymoon and get away from all of us." She teased a little bit betting though it was true.

As the presence of the Empress neared her grip on John's hand tightened. She was in no way scared of her but Kalia had to keep herself from making any rash decisions. There was to be no nonsense at this wedding. This was after all her niece's date and the woman she loved. Kalia respected that and her nieces choice. She didn't understand it but love sometimes was that way.

"Empress Varanin, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Jedi Master Kalia Vondiranach, the groom's older sister. I just came to check on him. My husband and I were just leaving though to check on the cake," she smiled tugging on John's hand hoping he would get the hint.

@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Jonathan Walsh"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Hanna Lissiri"]

Rach bit back his irritation. "Anything to set your mind at ease," he said, and the vision shifted. Kamon and Aston sat in the dressing room, getting ready. This was the very recent past, and it gave him the sudden and uncomfortable feeling that he could break into the present. But that would be...very bad.

Kamon Vondiranach said:
"I don't trust her, either. She's using your sister and Spencer is blind to it. Your sister is just a pawn in the hands of a Dark Master, but thinks that she's being given the love she needs and wants and that everything is alright because of it."

He plopped down on the bed. Everything was still being made ready and someone was supposed to come and get them when it was actually time to go through with the wedding, so he figured he could take a seat for a moment and focus on other things. He shared his son's doubts about the woman that Spencer was seeing. Suffice to say, he wished she wasn't with the Empress of the Sith Empire.

There came a knock at the door and Aston told whoever it was to enter. Kamon recognized the Republic naval uniform when he saw it. Years in the Republic had enlightened him to the various different outfits worn by members of the military. This one was an admiral. And then he introduced himself and Kamon frowned a bit. This was Kalia's husband?

"You picked an interesting point to introduce yourself, Admiral Walsh. Can't say it doesn't make sense, though. Not had a chance prior to this. Nice to meet the reason my sister remains with the Republic."

Slight dig there. He wanted Kalia with the Compact, not the Republic.
"Well...that's a little disappointing, in my opinion. He...doesn't really seem that nervous compared to you. Just busy talking about how he doesn't trust his daughter's judgment because she's so young -- isn't she your age? -- and playing politics. There's an Echani-Witch-Mandalorian alliance brewing -- I've been at some of the talks -- and he threw the Republic under the bus for it to appease the Witches. He's changing everything between the Echani and the Republic. I think he would scrap the alliance entirely if he could, just to make the Witches happy, but he probably can't do that or he would lose Kalia. You see how he sidelines women's choices yet again? To him, she's obviously still with the Republic only because of the Admiral. It's like he just doesn't trust anyone's judgment but his own. And, of course, he's not talking about you at all.

"Are you ready for that? Are you ready to be the junior partner forever? And if you're willing to make that sacrifice to be with someone you love, well, at least help me show you some wonders before the work begins."

The image of the recent past cleared away, and Rach and Hanna stood once more in the rooftop garden. "This is the future, Hanna, the very near future. Let me show you that someone, at least, is aware of the burdens you face, and wants to help you with them." He brushed a flowery tendril out of the way and they looked down on...

Themselves.

In flagrante.

It had cost him dearly in attention, focus and power to find and choose this potential future.

"Let me help you relax," he said, tearing himself away from the sight, and the flow-walking trance faded. They woke up lying next to each other.

And the first thing she would see, after tasting the Elixir, would be his face.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]
@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]
@[member="Aston Jacobs"]
@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]

Ashin nodded her farewells to Aston.

"A pleasure, Master Kalia. I'm told your loyalty to the Jedi Council is unquestionable. I applaud someone who's so capable of straddling two separate, even conflicting allegiances."

Kamon had half a mind to attack @[member="Ashin Varanin"] right then. The woman made him sick. Though he trusted his daughter to do what she thought was best, she was blinded towards this monstrosity that now stood before him. The woman had shown his daughter a few things, treated her proper, and won her over. Kamon knew when he was facing a master manipulator, and he was.

@[member="Aston Jacobs"] left, saying he needed fresh air. Kamon reached out to him through the Force, gently nudging his mind. Relax, Aston. Take a breather. Walk around and find your sister. Talk to her. Everything will be fine. Though he still felt something was off. Something about the whole day was really starting to bother him and he didn't like it. Something was making motions to ruin the day he was to be married to his young fiance.

@[member="Kalia Vondiranach"] and @[member="Jonathan Walsh"] soon left as well. That left him alone with the Empress. Not really smart of the others.

"Do you really care for my daughter? Truly? Don't lie to me. You might think you can hide the truth but I can read you like an open book. I trust you about as far as I can throw you. I trust, and love, my daughter, but even the smartest and most observant can be misled."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

As Kalia and her husband left, the room contained only Ashin and Kamon. The Dark Lord's good humor vanished from her face entirely.

"Do you know why I hate you, Vondiranach? Your order, but mostly you? I hate you because you hate me. I joined the Sith Empire for one reason and one reason only. Cut off from the Light Side of the Force, it was where I could do the most good. Together, your daughter and I have moderated and redirected the violence of an entire Empire. We have saved billions of lives together, and yet you sneer at us, disrespect us. You are prejudiced from long years of conflict. Your words bear no relationship to the realities at hand, because you have no way to know the realities at hand. You're out of the loop, uninformed, making judgments based on presumptions and assumptions. Frankly, it offends me. It sickens me. That kind of stupidity would merit violence and death in my Empire.

"You can't read me, Vondiranach. You've conclusively demonstrated that you can't understand the first thing about me -- because you don't want to understand. If you could truly understand someone like me, it would tell you too much about the various hypocrisies endemic to a murderer who claims moral superiority. But if you want to know what it's truly like to be read like a book, consider the idiocy of using Fallanassi techniques to gain the upper hand against an Olra'en.

"I love your daughter, but it's frankly none of your business. She charts her own course, but you consider her a tool. She's trained harder than anyone I've ever seen. She's a match for a good number of Masters, and grown into an adult in her time away from her slackdash Jedi Order, absentee father, aloof mother...I was better for her than any number of you, but she's beyond us now. She's an adult. I'd strongly suggest you short-circuit whatever part of you that refuses to trust anyone's judgment by your own, and grow the feth up."

[OOC: Mood music!~]

Val'Ryss had joined the Sith party to the wedding on a slight whim to see the beings who came to create Spencer or Sanctuary as she was now called. It was strange, Val'Ryss held a strange fascination with the girl, but she couldn't figure why. Perhaps, in some strange way, she reminded her of herself during that age. Except, Val'Ryss' exile from her loved ones was never mended and never again has she seen them since. Having exchanged her dark armor and dark cloak for a sith red ceremonial dress. Her red skin merged with color of her dress and her long black hair had been combed into a fine cascade instead of the usual mess it was in. In fact, one could say Val'Ryss appeared to be beautiful and gentle in her appearance. Why was she doing this? Why had she gone through the effort to dress up? What would a corruptress like Val'Ryss care for other's happiness?

Because once, long long ago, this dark and tortured spirit was once a woman too, a woman in love, a married woman, a mother of two. But that was long ago. Perhaps she came just to watch some one else's happy day in order to somehow catch a glimpse of that happiness. She stood away from the group and like a red shadow watched the festivities. It felt alien to her, she had been lost in the darkness for centuries, so she felt her presence would only ruin it. Her golden eyes gazed at the bride to be in her glorious dress. A small, warm smile crossed her face. Her eyes swelled with tears up for a bit, as she was remembered of Rek'Suk, her two children, Val'Rah and Ymir, all lost in that dark age that followed the Hundred Years. She chuckled a little, but a sad one. Raising her index finger she purged the tears from her eyes.

"Who knows if all this could have been different eh, Rek'Suk." Val'Ryss muttered

@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Cute his girl was so naive. It was positively adorable. Zandra always loved the innocent ones.
"To be honest, I got no clue what I've been drinking," she shrugged, "but I can tell ya why I ain't made that guy my boyfriend yet..."
She leaned in real close as if she were going to tell her a secret.
"His wife would kill me."
With that, she tried to place a little kiss on her cheek.

@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

Spencer wondered how things were going with her father, she felt a bit of tension in the air. The Empath figured it was coming from where Ashin and her father were discussing things. Once more the choice lingered in front of her and her choice didn't waver. Zandra started to speak again bringing Spencer back to her current reality. So the man was married, her face showed the surprise as she looked at Zandra.

The smell of the alcohol and whatever oils or shampoos Zandra wore lingered along Spencer's nose.

"What are you going to do about his wife? Is he leaving her or something?"

Val'Ryss' presence caught her attention. She didn't look at the woman, but focused on the curse that coursed through her body. Holding her breath, she regained control of it. Though she couldn't avoid the gentle peck from Zanna. Holding her cheek she blinked slightly confused.

"You kissed my cheek, did I do something?"

Zandra pulled away, and her eyebrows shot up. She was speechless for a second, then she laughed.
"Just- Oh, you are so cute! I just wanna pinch your cheeks!"
She didn't specify which cheeks.
"So that girlfriend of yours... she treat ya well?"

@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

Spencer blinked confused on why she was being laughed at. Her hand fell from her cheek as she forced out a laugh. She stood there trying to figure out the Echani woman.

"Ashin, treats me very well. She takes care of me and makes sure that I'm safe. How I feel when I'm around her is indescribable. She's shown me things and helped me some of my dreams come true. She knows when to be gentle with me and well a bit more -"

She stopped, her face turning a deep crimson as she thought of everything once again. Doing her best to shuffle her way through the memories so that Aston didn't have to suffer another time.

"Ashin, is the best thing to have walked into my life -- she saved me."

Rosa Gunn

R
The gathering was electric with emotion. Anticipation, joy, anxiety and in some places their were flickers of anger. Such was to be expected at a politicians wedding and though she was supposed to be at Hanna's side, Rosa could not help but pause in the midst of it all and take it in. It was an old habit, one she used to have before she entered a meeting with the SIAC. She would stop outside the door and gauge all of them emotionally to get an idea of how the day was going to be. Today however, she failed to get any idea. Things could go either way, but her job was to make sure it went the way Hanna and Kamon wanted it to.

Finally slipping through the doors she skirted through the crowd, searching for the source of the tension, determined to deal with it before it got out of hand and found herself catching the end of Ashin Varanin's rant to Kamon. She closed in on the two of them and placed a hand on Kamon's arm, a simple gesture to calm whatever storm might be brewing between them. "Kamon," she said lightly "This is your wedding day. You should be focusing on other things beside your dislike for your daughters choices." She gave him a warm smile before settling her eyes on Ashin.

He warm smile did not falter, nor did her warmth in the force. Rosa did not hate Ashin, there was no reason to. If anything she pitied the path she had been forced onto. "Ashin," she said softly offering her hand "I'm Rosa. It's nice to finally meet you, even nicer that we could do so without being on opposite sides of a battlefield."

she sent a telepathic message to Kamon, her eyes not leaving Ashin. You should be preparing. Go.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Rosa Mazhar"] @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

Darron wasn't one for weddings, yet here he was at his second one so far this season. As he dutifully made his way through the assembled group, he reached out in the Force for the one person he wanted to see.

Rosa..

The thought of her warmed his soul, as he adjusted the well tailored onyx suit he was wearing. The black shirt and black tie, made the outfit a striking choice for the Jedi Master. Yet it contrasted well with his tan features and long flowing blonde hair. His lightsabers were tucked in the astromech following him around, masquerading as his assistant. He had seen the guest list for such an event, and truth be told he wasn't worried about the empress. He was more worried for how others would act towards her. Poor Kamon doesn't realize that his temper is his own stumbling block, he's too protective. The thought made his brow furrow even as he gave well wishes to everyone. The assembled group at the wedding was quite eclectic as he was picking up random force signatures. There were dark Jedi, Jedi, Sith, and everything in between at this ceremony. As diverse as the man and woman getting married on this day? It was quite a fitting thought for the day, and he held on to it for a while.

Looking around the group, he found his love in the midst of the tension. Darron made haste over towards everyone, and he quickly put his arm around Rosa's waste.

"Greetings love, I've missed you." Looking towards the Empress , Darron struck a friendly yet formal tone. "Greetings Empress. Good to see you both taking the day away from the Empire to support this joyous occasion." The Jedi GrandMaster then turned to Kamon, and kept his tone very businesslike and strict.

"This is your wedding day, not a day to issue threats you can't back up. If the Empress didn't love Spencer, she'd have killed her by now. Ashin has no reason not to show her weaknesses, and if she meant you and Hanna harm she would have already attacked. Subtlety and subterfuge aren't her way, she's direct. Now act like a Jedi and follow the code, or at least have a sense of honor. This is your day and we are all here to celebrate it for you. I'm not going to war over a conflict you can't possibly fathom the scope of, just because you want to get hotheaded over your daughter."

Lord Ghoul

L
A figure appeared quite suddenly, leaning against a wall. He straightened suddenly and looked about. A slow smirk creeped across his face. Aha, it worked. The figure flickered, before regaining its solidity. Well... mostly. Mikhail Shorn ran a hand through his raven hair. In a black tuxedo, he looked quite dapper. Pale blue eyes glanced about. The place was a blur of colors. He sniffed the air.

"I smell cake."

A devious light came into Mikhail's eyes. He slowly slipped to the back of the crowd and headed for the kitchens. He disappeared behind two swinging doors and did not reappear for a long while. Behind them, he met with an... associate from the kitchen department. They held a muted conversation.

"Is it ready?"

"Yes. It's right here."

"Faaantastic. This will be one bang of a party." Mikhail smirked to himself.

He remerged from the swinging doors looking pleased with himself. Snarker became schemer. And all was wrong with the galaxy. Upside down and distorted. The raven haired Sith continued to lounge about seemingly aimless. A dark cylinder with a dragon of bronze-like material wound around it was clipped to his belt in plain view. Derriphan never left his side these days. His eyes alighted on Rosa Mazhar conversing with the groom. The clearly armed man turned to a passing servant and stopped the woman with a wave of his hand. Grey-blue eyes stared into brown. Pupils contracted. Shorn waved his hand. He whispered a few lines to her. She nodded with a glazed expression. Mikhail raised an eyebrow, still looking pleased with himself. Waiters were so easy to manipulate. Their occupation was literally taking orders from people all day long. Mind tricking them was all too easy. Even from this distance.

She continued to have that same glazed expression as she wandered over to @[member="Kamon Vondiranach"] and @[member="Rosa Mazhar"]. She stood face to face with Kamon. Quite suddenly, the waitress grabbed one of the wine glasses upon her serving plate and emptied its contents in Kamon's face. Then, she began to scream.

"YOU LEFT ME, YOU BASTARD! I HAD TO PUT OUR CHILD IN AN ORPHANAGE BECAUSE I COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF HIM!" The shrieks were loud enough for all in attendance to hear. Indeed, it caused quite the uproar. There was an audible gasp at the mention of a child. "YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME! WELL GUESS WHAT? I ASKED AROUND ABOUT YOU!!! SASHA SAYS YOU LOVED HER TOO! SO DOES KORLA!! YOU'RE A DAMN ECHANI MANWHORE!"

The woman was dragged away screaming by security. She fell silent halfway through, looking about with a dazed expression. "Wait, where am I? What are you doing?!"

Mikhail watched the events, snickering to himself at the chaos it caused within the crowd. Some of the older women were throwing Kamon stern, disapproving looks. Mikhail smirked. He leaned casually against the wall and looked about. What to do next? What to do?

He smirked a little. Typical.

"You see my actions as simple. A man's folly. You see only the surface and assume that is, in turn, all that I see, and that is where you falter, Empress Varanin. Though different than the numbers of the Sith, you are just another breed of dark. There are many of them, after all. The monstrous, I heard that another presence has been perceived in the galaxy named Meric Nadun, who fits the bill of monstrous if my memory serves.

"And what of these others, Sasha Santhe, for example, who use their tools for knowledge. Then there are those like you, who seek to rule and change. But still there are others, old day Sith who care only for killing Jedi. There are even those in your number who plot your downfall. You will not lead forever. The only way you could truly help this galaxy is to destroy the Empire from the inside. Yes, my daughter has helped you to quell fights, and for that she is very good. I do not doubt my daughter's intentions, not in the slightest. She is a good woman who wants to help people but wants to be left to do it her way.

"I doubt you, Empress, because to me you are largely unknown. Olra'en or not, you are not Je'gan and you never will be. I don't know you, therefore I don't trust you. I've been testing you, and so far you are failing, Empress."

Just then Rosa, Hanna's best friend, came in and interupted them, something he was much grateful for. She told him to go and prepare and he stood to do so only for Darron to enter then as well. Interesting. He shook his head at Darron. Threats. Threats were tests. Kamon didn't issue threats. Giving warning was not his style. When he'd told her that he would deal with any problems, he'd meant it, but he was not about to sit around and toss threats about. Kamon was Echani. He would strike without warning.

He shook his head at Darron. This was why he'd left the Republic and the order. These stupid speeches about how he shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that. Kamon had been a master of the Force for a very long time. He'd seen numerous emperors come and go. They never lasted long. Same for the leadership of the Jedi. Kamon didn't belong with either of them, and really didn't care for either. He loved Hanna, but he didn't love the Republic, not anymore.

Without a further word, he started to leave, only to have a glass of liquid thrown in his face. Lovely. He knew he should have insisted on a private wedding. He didn't know the woman and so ignored her. He wasn't about to play that game, because he knew that was precisely what it was. As soon as he responded to it he'd be sucked in. Wiping his face off with his hand, he simply left and headed towards his room. His tux was now in shambles. The day was going to hell in a handbasket and he was NOT happy.

Zandra smirked and twirled a lock of white hair in her fingers. Ah, such an annoying sweet speech about love or something. Zandra was only half listening really.
"yeah, that's nice and all, but does she know how to... please you? Like... how is her tongue?"

@[member="Zandra Fenni"] (you're so naughty)
@[member="Aston Jacobs"]
@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"Please me? H-H-H-He-Her tongue?!"

Spencer’s eyes went wide at the question she was being asked. It was the first time anyone had questioned the Dark Lord in bed, especially being so specific at to what ability the woman’s well you know. Her mouth continued to move but there was no sound, her face just continued to get redder than Anaya Fen in heat. Spencer tried, without success to harbor the memories and the feelings she felt when she was with Ashin in the regards that Zandra was curious about. Once more everything followed with a quick apology to her brother.

Which was another thing that horrified her.

“It’s…well…quite amazing…she’s…quite…good with it.”

Her eyes fell to her shoes as she decided to try and count the dust particles on the ground.

“Why do you ask?”

Oh, this was priceless. Rach could ditch her and run off with the bride all he wanted (as long as drinks were still served after the wedding, that's all she cared about) but Zandra could guarantee he was not having half as much fun as her right now. That girls blush was all she needed. If nothing came of this, then at least she would have that.
"Oh, I was just making sure. From one girl to another, ya know? Lookin' out for you, is all. I mean... there is so much more out there. It's such a shame... Makes me sad to see a girl so young settle so early."

Hanna woke up... It was strange.. but the man seemed, she couldn't describe it but his words began to take in more.. as she thought about it.. she put more weight to them... " You think Kamon would do such things.. when he is married to the vice Chancellor, running for Chancellor?" She was full of doubt.. Why did he make that dig at Their Sisters husband... She looked at him... at Rach.. he was right.. but how could Hanna of not seen that before... She looked at him, not sure what to do " You say he did those things... I can't believe it.. "

Hanna didn't know what to think anymore.. Rach was right.. with what Kamon had said.. and what he told her about his other dealings.. was she ready to be with a man who had obvious different political drives... but Kamon was there for her.. she had his baby... He had saved her life... Hanna just didn't know, It was all so confusing.. she needed to hear more.. perhaps Rach knew more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom