Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wedding of the Ages(open)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zandra Fenni"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"No, no, we're not related at all. Not in...the slightest." The Dark Master gave Spencer a very deliberate once-over. He was bored, nervous about the Empress, and more than a little antsy to get in there and try his luck with the bride. His chances with her might be better after, but after, there would also be the issue of the groom.

"I'm not sure you need to tell her about that, Zandra," he drawled. "This is the woman who know the Empress's throne better than anyone. Then again, I'm sure you could reeducate her. Maybe both of them." He bowed flagrantly. "I think, regardless of the bride flying high on life and endorphins and stress relief after the ceremony, I'll attempt to see her beforehand. After all, stress isn't good for a pregnant woman. I wouldn't be doing my duty as a guest if I didn't at least try to relieve that tension -- try to free her from the crush of bridesmaids and beauticians. I'm told Master Kalia Vondiranach is one such. If you see her, ladies, do try to occupy her. In whatever way you see fit."

The Dark Master plucked the very top cream puff from a freshly arrived pastry pyramid, and headed off to find the bride.

"Sex. I-"

Pausing she had a sudden flash back of well every private moment she had shared with Ashin. Suddenly remembering her brother she sent a short apology and stopped the memory sequence. Aston probably didn't want to see his sister in that light...guess it was too late for that.

"Sex is better than cake I'll have to agree. Though I well haven't... "

Remembering she wasn't as experienced as the other women she hoped that she was at least a good lay for Ashin. The thoughts once again filled her mind and she completely forgot about the little notion of her and her brother having a hive mind connection

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zandra Fenni"]
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Ashin looped her arm through Spencer's elbow, a process that allowed her to brush the girl's hip with the side of her hand. A reassurance, if Spencer needed it, that Ashin found her entirely suitable. They might have a decade between them, and Spencer's fashion sense for this particular social function might be entirely different from hers -- playful versus austere, whimsical versus ornate -- but they fit together rather well.

And that provoked just the tiniest bit of jealousy in Ashin. Zandra was, to some extent, flirting with Spencer -- that much was a given. Without dipping into the sort of games that Sasha, Spencer and Hylo had played, of course, there were few enough ways to respond to it. Responding to it would demean Ashin, she felt.

And yet...

As Spencer trailed off, Ashin grinned, all tooth. "Like Master Kol-Rekali said...Spencer knows the Imperial throne well. You're Zandra Fenni, aren't you -- you fought Omni at Ord Mantell."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"OI!" she shouted after rach, but he was out of earshot by then, "This guys a real piece o' work..."
She rolled her eyes, grumpy again at being ditched.
If he fails, it's his own fault for being impatient.

She shook her annoyance off like water and turned her attention back to the women in front of her. She smiled again and was about to make a rather perverted comment and extend an invitation to both women...
Then she mentioned the battle against Omni. The one where she lost a friend. That killed her mood very quickly.
"Yeah," she answered quietly, "That was me. What of it?"

@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Aston chuckled and nodded his head at his father's gesture then he helped the padawan look for his tie, which he found and handed to him. "Thank you father." Aston rather rushed walked over to the mirror and stood before it as he took his tie and placed it on, he wasn't the best at this but he did what he could and it actually turned out better than expected.

"I don't trust Ashin. I hope you don't expect me to father..." Aston said, While the old saying rang into his head 'You haven't given her chance.' That was something he wasn't going to do. He however would put on a good face and be happy here, to see his father get married and to see his twin sister. Then there was a knock at the door and Aston heard who it was. "Come in!" The padawan learner called out as took a deep breath and looked down for a moment or two.

Thus...came images. Aston immediately closed his eyes tightly as if they were just hand held pictures show in front of him, but that wasn't the case. Their minds were linked, that bond would and could never be broken. Then more came, and more until he tried to do something as if he was trying to stop them, but it just gave him a headache.

Be careful, sister

A message was sent to Spencer by the padawan. The images he did not, want to see.

Ashin's hold of her made her smile the soft touch against her hip made the world of everything between them. There was a new air of confidence as she was the one with Ashin. Though the comment about the throne and knowing it so well put her in a shy and quiet and embarrassed state. Her head snapped to Ashin who would have felt a bit of a nudge against her leg.

Her brothers warning came through and she quickly sent him an apology

So sorry...

Looking back towards Zandra she frowned slightly. She could feel the mood change and decided to try and fix it.

"Is the master your boyfriend? "

John came in, and smiled " Hello, Kamon, and Aston was it? " It was funny that he had only just met kamon briefly.. he hadn't had the chance to talk.. and here he was with his brother in law and now his nephew... it was strange.. he had only seen a picture of Aston.. but he recognized him. " I am here to help, I am Kalia's husband " He really didn't know what to say, it was sort of ackward meeting your brother in law for the first time..

"It's a lot to take at first but you'll get used to the idea soon enough I'm sure. Having a baby changes everything for the better you'll see. It's been such a long time since last I was pregnant tips..umm. Don't stress out too much it does you no good nor the baby. Do take out time for yourself to relax don't be super woman and do everything. I would give you my old baby clothes to use but they are 15 years old. I'm sure you'll want your own anyway."

The sooner this wedding thing got underway the sooner Hanna would be able to relax. Well, ok maybe not as the reception was going to be very odd. "The wedding is starting soon right? I mean it should your all ready! Should I go check on things?" She didn't want to just leave Hanna on her own to worry.

@[member="Hanna Lissiri"]

Hanna smiled " Thank you... though no promises, I like being super woman and my wardrobe well its already huge.. I feel baby clothes will break kamon's closet's, Well I suppose they are my closets too now.. " She smiled.. " Yes, please track down kamon and make sure all is well and just let me know when to come out, I can't let him see me.. its bad luck. "

Hanna smiled she was feeling much better, but she wanted to get married already.

@[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]

@[member="Aston Jacobs"], @[member="Jonathan Walsh"]

"I don't trust her, either. She's using your sister and Spencer is blind to it. Your sister is just a pawn in the hands of a Dark Master, but thinks that she's being given the love she needs and wants and that everything is alright because of it."

He plopped down on the bed. Everything was still being made ready and someone was supposed to come and get them when it was actually time to go through with the wedding, so he figured he could take a seat for a moment and focus on other things. He shared his son's doubts about the woman that Spencer was seeing. Suffice to say, he wished she wasn't with the Empress of the Sith Empire.

There came a knock at the door and Aston told whoever it was to enter. Kamon recognized the Republic naval uniform when he saw it. Years in the Republic had enlightened him to the various different outfits worn by members of the military. This one was an admiral. And then he introduced himself and Kamon frowned a bit. This was Kalia's husband?

"You picked an interesting point to introduce yourself, Admiral Walsh. Can't say it doesn't make sense, though. Not had a chance prior to this. Nice to meet the reason my sister remains with the Republic."

Slight dig there. He wanted Kalia with the Compact, not the Republic.

John was glad to have met them, " yes, well, I love the Navy, been in it for 23 years. I am so glad to meet the brother of Kalia though, She is wonderful isn't she? " John smiled, " I just wanted to say, that your sister is the most special woman in the world to me, and that I would never let anything happen to her... but I am confused what do you mean remains with the Republic, She is a Jedi, of course she is with the republic. " It was odd being with the brother of the woman he loved, he had to make sure they got along, He knew that Kalia would never let him live it down if they didn't. " I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help, I remember my wedding, I was a bundle of nerves. "

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

"Nothing of it," said Ashin to Zandra, meeting her gaze and matching it for seriousness. "I heard you did good work there. I lost a great deal to Omni; Ord Mantell was one of the very few fronts where his forces were thrown back before the final push. Honestly, your victory encouraged me a great deal. It made me able to go on. It even gave me something like hope. Anyone who fought at Ord Mantell drinks on my dime, anywhere on Dromund Kaas. Forever."

She kissed Spencer's cheek. "I think I'm going to go find your father, honey. I suspect he has some things to say to me outside your hearing. Don't worry, I'll keep it civil. And public."

@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

@[member="Aston Jacobs"]
@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]
@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"I'll be back Hanna after I talk to Kamon and see what's going on," she smiled giving her sister's hand a gently squeeze before heading out to find her brother. This hoped this wedding would get underway soon for all of their sakes. She could only sense trouble brewing with all these different people here and tensions high. They would all be better after a few drinks.

Kalia lightly knocked on the open door before peaking her head in and than coming in. Oh good, they met. I hope that went over well. She thought as she made her way to stand next to John her had naturally reaching for his. She really hoped the boys would get along. It would be nice to have her whole family back together. "I hope you two have been getting along. I was just with Hanna and she sent me to check on you. She's read all ready to go. Are you?"

Kamon snorted at what John said.

"I'm a Jedi and not in the Republic. Neither are mutually exclusive."

Of course before they could go on, in walked his sister. Naturally. What was she doing? She was supposed to be with Hanna, helping her to get ready for their wedding, not gallivanting around to see how he and her husband were getting along. He pushed those thoughts away, though, and nodded at what his sister said. Of course things were fine. Kamon wasn't going to start anything. Nothing he couldn't finish, anyway.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Been ready. Overly ready. Antsy."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

As Kalia left this area of the building, a tall, purple-eyed man in a white suit slipped through the door. He eyed her with genuine appreciation and breathed a sigh of relief. "And here I thought she would never leave. My name is Rach, and I'm a time traveler. You're about to get married, and I know I'm always a bundle of nerves at weddings -- so much stress, and so few ways to relieve it."

He offered her a brilliant grin. "So I figured I would offer you a safe, fun way to relax. Let me take you through time -- it's called flow-walking. We can see the past, the history of this world, maybe even the future, and it won't take much time at all, here. I travelled to the Kathol Outback and learned from the Aing-Tii Monks. Here...relax, and float with me."

He was, in most respects, average or weak for a Master, and he knew this. But he also knew enough to specialize, and the lessons of the Aing-Tii had remained in his mind for the last, oh, ten years, with unusual potency. A trance began to settle over Hanna -- a flow-walking trance that, if she allowed it, would let her walk unseen through the recent past, while her body remained here. She might find herself viewing this place, or this planet; flow-walking was an inexact science.

"I'll be there in a moment," he said with a grin. "And congratulations."

Zandra listened to the woman speak of the battle. She listened to her talk as if she were some sorta war hero or something. But there were no heroes in war. Not when you had to watch your friends die. She was trying to make her feel better, as if she actually did something worthwhile, but...
It wouldn't bring Zax back.
"yeah, gotcha..."

She gave Spencer a little half smile, shaking off the gloom like water droplets off an umbrella. She was going to get absolutely WASTED tonight.
"To answer yer question, he ain't my boyfriend. Only been with 'im twice, ya know? Though, I suspect anymore and he might as well be. And you miss? That one? She yer girlfriend?"

@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

Spencer smiled as she felt the kiss against her cheek. It eased her mind slightly when Ashin promised to keep things civil with her father. Deep in her heart though, Spencer knew who her choice would be if she had to choose between her father and Ashin. Trying not to focus on that Spencer returned her attention to the drunk Echani in front of her.

"Yeah, she's mine and I'm hers"

They had never discussed the title, but it was so much more than that. Leaning closer Spencer could smell the alcohol on the other woman and wrinkled her nose slightly. She had only one drink maybe two in her life time and she was curious to what the substance did. Tilting her head she had a general idea, but it seemed to relax the Echani woman.

"Uh what are you drinking and why don't you make him your boyfriend you guys have slept with each other?"

It was obvious the girl had a whimsical idea of relationships despite the difficulties and the maturity of her and Ashin's relationship.

Hanna wasn't sure.. about this but she figured why not... it wasn't everyday she got such an offer. She looked at him with a suspicous "why are you offering this to me? " She wasn't sure what to make of it, though Was this real... Well there was only one way to find out, and plus it would distract her.. and she needed a distraction " What do I do? " She asked.. She didn't know but well that was when the trance began to take hold It was strange.. She was suddenly standing in the room... and she watched the door open to her, it was before she had even begun to get ready. She panicked a bit... was this real? She decided to test it.. she went towards the area where kamon was getting ready she had wanted to see what he had done.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@Jonathon Walsh
@[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]
@[member="Aston Jacobs"]

Behind the newly arrived Kalia, a knock sounded on the door of the room. The dark-haired, black-clad woman slipped in.

"Sorry to interrupt. I was hoping to get a private word with the groom. My-" Her ice-blue eyes scanned the room and paused on Aston. "Ah. So you're Spencer's brother. She loves you more than just about anyone, and talks about you all the time; I feel like I've already met the famous Aston." The Dark Lord of the Sith grinned. "You, at least, can feel free to call me Ashin. I intend to stay in Spencer's life for as long as she'll have me, so I'll most likely be around for a while."

Her grin transformed into something humorless as her eyes flicked to Kamon. "After all, I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was using her."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

As the Vice Chancellor entered the flow-walking trace, Rach spent about three-quarters of his attention on maintaining the subtle, strange effect. He supported her limp body, then stooped to slip his arms behind her knees and shoulders. The Dark Master carried her out the window and up a set of service stairs to a quiet, private rooftop garden. In the shelter of huge flowered plants, he laid her down on a pre-arranged blanket and removed a tiny vial from his breast pocket. He dabbed a few drops of the contents on her lips -- Zeltron Elixir of Infatuation -- and then lay down beside her to fully join her in flow-walking.

The strain lessened as he entered the vision. He stood beside her in what appeared to be the groom's dressing room, as Kamon Vondiranach went about his business -- as he had done minutes or hours before. Rach repressed a shiver at seeing the Jedi Master so close. "If he senses me at all," he said to Hanna, "it's only vaguely, and it'll all blend into the confusion of the Force that comes from the Dark Lord of the Sith being here. Good-looking fellow, your husband-to-be, but you've got a whole lifetime with him and his superpowers that take him far beyond us ordinary mortals. Come on -- I have so much more to show you."

He took her hand as if to pull her along, and the vision shifted. Now that he was fully immersed, he had that much more control over the direction of their travel, though he was restricted to this world.

"Eshan's a harsh place," he said, as they watched Echani fight Mandalorians many years ago. "Not very accepting of outsiders. It takes a brave woman to choose this world. I'm more than a little impressed by you. But now that we're here -- what do you want to see? The distant past, recent days, maybe even a glimpse of the future? I can do that, Hanna. I can show you the future."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom