Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Wedding of the Ages(open)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]
@[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

"Thank you, Admiral. I can respect that. I'm a great believer in family. Like most Sith Lords, I saw mine massacred for my sins, so I tend to appreciate it when others can have intimate moments with their family. Currently, Spencer is all the family I have, and I'm most pleased to meet the people I could now call family. Despite...various natural dichotomies." Ashin smiled, all tooth. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Admiral."

@[member="Rach Kol-Rekali"]

She took another swig of the drink, feeling warmth in her cheeks again. Ah, this was good. If he didn't ask for it back soon it would be empty.
"I say do it after," she advised, looking around at some of the fresh meat around, "Catch her while she's all high on her own joy. Women put out when they're happy."

She was so relieved at @[member="Kalia Vondiranach"]'s entrance, she got up and flew over and hugged her, it calmed her. She pulled back and looked to her " Thank you... I think I am going to throw up... and not because of morning sickness... I am just so nervous... I don't even know why, I love Kamon... "
Hanna was a nervous wreck. She had her hair half way done.. and was clearly distressed... "How are things out there? Is kamon here? " She sat back down at the bidding of her hair dresser... she was nervous alright.
@Kalia Vondiranach

Aston was sitting in a chair in his room as he raised his foot so that he could tie the laces to the dress shoes he was wearing. His father was getting married, and he wasn't about to miss it. Aston could feel that his sister was already present, and with her. This was incredibly awkward, and it felt strange to say the least. Aston was already incredibly nervous, but did his best to try and hide those feeling and bury them. Aston stood up as he glanced in the mirror and chuckled. "Not ba-......" The Padawan stopped mid sentence as he glanced around the room. "HOLD UP!!!"

"WHO TOOK MY TIE!?!?!?"

@[member="Hanna Lissiri"]

Wrapping her arms around Hanna she hugged her back. "It's ok to be nervous. It's normal actually I would be worried if you weren't. Things are doing ok out there everyone behaving and I saw Kamon earlier. He is all ready to go and I dare say he looks a little nervous himself." Letting go she took a step back so the hairdresser could continue fixing her hair.

"When I got married I was super nervous too. I was scared he wouldn't be there at the end of the aisle waiting for me, that I would trip down the aisle, that someone would object to us getting married and the list goes on. None of that happened I was just overreacting of course. You love Kamon and he loves you that's all that matters. The best tip I can give is to just breath."

Axton Milfred

A
@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

Axton was watching everyone. Learning who they were as the event progressed. He didn't mind he wasn't noticed. Made his job easier. Then he saw the groom. Kamon Vondiranach, a Jedi Master. He slowly approached him and extended his arm for him to shake his hand. "Good to see you Master Jedi. I'm Axton Milfred, I am working security. Congratulations by the way."

Axton wasn't a big fan of the Jedi. He always thought them power hungry and just as corrupt as the Sith. They are just better at hiding it.

@[member="Axton Milfred"]

Kamon was stopped by what appeared to be a mercenary. He frowned a little and then reached out to shake the extended hand.

"Thank you for both duties. Enjoy yourself while you're here, though. Don't take things too seriously, and make sure to eat and drink."

He didn't know why they'd hired out. With all of the Echani there, being as they were on Eshan, it was pretty safe. Only real threat was a certain Sith Empress, and he was pretty sure that Spencer would keep her under control. Either way, he wandered off to look for @[member="Aston Jacobs"], knocking on the young mans door.

All the ideas of things going wrong only made things worse as she thought about them... She took a deep breath... trying to put them in the back of her mind. " good.. I am glad things are going well.. " She tried to focus on breathing. Her hair was looking good now, and she was looking like a bride now. She stood up and twirled " How do I look?" She asked, honestly worried if she looked good enough for Kamon.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]
@[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

Spencer was easily described as terrified at this moment. Her parents were going to be meeting Ashin as we as therest of jeher father's friends. Along with that she was going to meet her father's new wife who was in the Senate. Lovely, Spencer thought quietly to herself. As Ashin mingled Spencer remained quiet and played with her dress. Her father spoke to her but before she could say anything he was off.

Looking towards Ashin, she tried to think of something that would comfort her. Seeing some of Cai's holograms she remembered the romantic comedies where this situation was common. Reaching out, she looped her arm with Ashin. Her head rested gently for just a moment against the Dark Lord's arm.

"You seem to be getting along well with everyone. My brother is around somewhere I can feel him."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"Oh, yes, getting along fabulously," said Ashin, very quietly, through gritted teeth. "Bless his heart, walking up here cloaked in White Current Immersion -- which he learned from Tahira Solo, who learned it from my grandfather, whose holocron I studied from top to bottom with a false Light Side aura strong enough to shake Teferi's hand." It was an outdated figure of speech, an old habit.

"No, I may not be an illusionist, but I can see current-scribing; I can see Fallanassi techniques in action. Not quite enough to see through full Immersion, of course." She grinned at Spencer, all tooth, and swept her gaze toward the empty spot where Sarge stood. "But then again, the traces I see are nearly unmistakable. Fallanassi techniques were never meant to be used against other Fallanassi. Don't tell him his invisibility is essentially worthless against me, of course. I think I've got enough potential to cause fear without stripping away his last line of defense, his last layer of privacy. A public figure like that needs all the comfort he can get."

"His technique was horrendous. Je'gan would have been so disappointed...", Sarge snorted, not realizing the connection between Ashin and Je'gan, and what he'd inadvertently exposed by admitting to knowing the man. "Maybe he could try what I do."

He snorted, knowing the man would never stoop to not using his Force potential to do the same things Sarge managed with technology, training and what amounted to force of will. Black armor began to stick out a little as the cloak was shifted, and his face became visible once more.

Or rather, his jaw did. Teeth shone through a dark, thick beard as the man smiled. The first smile that Ashin had likely seen from him.

"The Jedi amuse me. Hell, everyone amuses me."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ashin blinked slowly, refocusing on that hint of tooth and beard. "Je'gan, is it? I didn't know my ancestry was that well known. Talking as if you knew him-"

She let the thought settle.

"There was a time," she said. "Years ago -- decades. He rescued an Allyan named Charal Holt from Nightsisters, but got left behind with a soldier. He and that soldier spent, oh, months on Dathomir, evading Nightsisters. My grandfather, the master of Force stealth, and his friend, the man he never named, the man who showed him how to hide his tracks and his scent. A man who, come to think of it, had some kind of resistance to Nightsister spells.

"You. You can't be the man with no name -- you'd have been a boy then. I mean, sure, it's an intuitive leap, but I trust my gut. The man with no name. Sarge. How about that. Eighteen billion questions just opened up in my head.

"But if it was you, Je'gan Olra'en respected your privacy enough to leave your name out of his personal holocron. That says something. Mostly, of course, it says I should never have marked you with a blood trail."

Aston was frantically looking around for his tie, he knew he placed it near the bed. But there wasn't anything except some clothes , things besides his tie. Aston knelt down near the bed and took a quick look under the bed maybe it fell through the sides or something of that sort. Aston jerked his head up quickly when he heard a knock on the door. The Padawan learner knew automatically that it was his father and he jumped up quickly and walked over towards the door to open it. "Father! Come in!" Aston retreated as he started to backtrack what he did with this particular piece of clothing.

"Sorry I'm running behind, I've misplaced my tie." Aston blurted out with a slight nervous laugh. "I sense that Spencer is here, I can't wait to see her!" Aston was very excited to see his sister. These times they had together were few, so he would make the absolute best of them!

Briefly, Sarge wondered if perhaps he was about to be treated as some sort of a living legend; he wasn't hoping for it, far from it. He feared it. Recognition was something he got, but never asked for. His reputation was given out by others - it wasn't something he strove to spread himself.

Thankfully, it seemed he was off the hook there.

This time, the smile faltered, becoming sad, his head dipped slightly as memories flooded back. A burning village, rampaging Nightsisters... ash. Vast wastes of sand and barren landscape. Dathomir had been a rock, nearly literally.

Life as it had been known there had ceased to be, all because the Nightsisters refused to lose. They'd won, and lost their home in the process.

He'd not been to Dathomir since. The memories were too vivid; they seared his mind at night.

The duo had survived, waiting for extraction for months, off of less than any man should ever have to. A small morsel of meat, usually scarfed for a snack, had to last them several days. Water was a precious commodity that had to be stolen from villages.

It had been hard. It had hurt. He'd lost more weight than he'd ever thought himself physically capable of, and suffered from all kinds of maladies.

But they'd survived. They'd helped each other.

Je'gan had never mentioned thinking so highly of him. He was... honored. But Ashin was wrong. It hadn't been decades. It had been centuries.

"He was a great man. Rest was something he'd earned more times than I'd care to count, may the Stars watch over his soul."

A calloused palm extended from beneath the cloak, the forearm visibly scarred by Force knew what. "I'm happy to see his bloodline survive. But you can ask your questions another time. I've overstayed my welcome."

Again the sad smile. He faded from sight, gone with the wind. His voice lingered, however, a haunting note discordantly hovering in the air.

Somehow, someway, Sarge had literally left his sorrow as a taste in the air for a few brief moments after he'd left.

Spencer listened to the story, it seemed Ashin and the man had much to discuss. All she did was smile to Ashin's remark, her father wasn't the easiest to get along with, but she chuckled at the comments she made. Ashin was something and being all smiles she hugged the woman's arm tightly.

Letting the two discuss things she peered out towards the people gathering. Some being her new family and others being family she hadn't met. Either way today was going to be interesting. A wash of sadness fell over her and she watched as the man left the two of them alone. Choking back everything the young empath looked up at Ashin.

"He knew your grandfather...wish he could have stayed longer. "

Laughing she remembered the comments about her father's techniques.

"Don't be too hard on the old man. Not everyone is as making as you are."

A soft blush crossed her face as she finished her comment.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"You're right -- I should be a little more neighbourly. After all, on the one hand, he's your father and I belong to you. And on the other hand, I'd rather keep the Echani, the Witches and the Mandalorians thoroughly neutral. It's sort of key to my foreign policy." The Empress staged a heavy sigh. "So yes, I'll behave. At least I can sell this to the Dark Council as the same sort of thing I did in the Senate -- show up, make people nervous, call the fools out, look good for the easily swayed, spread confusion with truth. Strategically useful.

"So yes. My thought is this, lover. We go find as many more of your family as possible, I meet them all, we deal with whatever needs to be dealt with, eat some cake, and leave without needing to call down Force Storms or mind control."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Zandra Fenni"]

Rach wasn't the kind of person to ask. The metal flask detached itself from Zandra's hands with a bit of deft telekinesis, and Rach took a pull before slipping it into the inside pocket of his white dress coat. "Put out when they're happy, eh? I've never heard it so succinctly put. Me, I was leaning towards the stress relief angle myself -- but you can't argue with endorphins. It's been a while since I took a happy girl. No offense. You're jovial, energetic, vibrant, the usual." He took a long moment to appreciate the dress, then shrugged. "So I get her in her moment of, well, letting her guard down. I'm really going to need you for that. Here. Jedi healing techniques offer some useful insights."

The Force settled over her skull, burning away any trace of hangover -- and a good part of the alcohol in her blood -- and leaving behind only a very comfortable buzz and the memory of a moment's pain.

"Not what they were intended to do, of course. So, yes, I'll need you to make sure the groom is occupied, one way or another. Succeed, and I'll see to it that you find some reasonably current dossiers on young, attractive members of the Jedi Order. Nothing says nubile like earnestness and a lightsabre."

The smile changed shifting to show her nerves. Ashin wanted to meet everyone, there were possibly a lot of people Spencer would be meeting for the first time as well. She tried to think of how to go about all of these meetings.

"Its going to be interesting I mean you are the big bad mean ol dark lord of the Sith I'm just lucky enough to k of your softer side..all your soft sides"

Going cross eyed for a minute, Spencer realized it sounded better in her head than coming out of her mouth. Deciding to remain on task she looked around again.

"Aston is stressed out meeting him might not be the wisest. Everyone else is as new to me as they are to you. Wish I could have talked with my dad a bit more... "

@[member="Rach Kol-Rekali"]

And just like that, he pulled the booze from her hands. It was like taking a bottle from a hungry baby. She didn't cry, but she did not like it. Still, nice of him to use his magic to heal her of her hangover.
"Dunno what all those fancy words you used are, but I'll take it as a 'you're gettin' laid tonight'."
She grinned and reached out to take him arm.
"Here. Better treat me like a Lady. Girls love nothing more than stealing a guy from a hot girl. I'll be sure to act proper jealous too when you get under the brides skirt."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"And, of course, your mother isn't here. Silly of me -- why would she be, after all? Well, maybe for diplomatic reasons." Ashin shrugged, her pale eyes tracking across the grounds. She froze against Spencer. "Feth. The man over there, dressed in white, long black hair. That's Rach Kol-Rekali, a Dark Master and bounty hunter. I...knew his father, really well. I also might have broken his heart once. But that was a long time ago, when we were young Jedi Knights and he was just starting to drift into one of those morasses of debauchery -- double meaning intentional -- that turns Jedi into, well..."

She squinted.

"Rach Kol-Rekali is the most promiscuous Force-user I've ever met, and I work with Anaya Fen. Who's that with him, an Echani? Hm. Shall we say hello?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom