Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unifying Force (Jedimoot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crwE3Tw_k0Q​
Representing: The Jedi Enclave​
Delegation: [member="Arisa Yune"], [member="Eri'anya Forr"]​
It had been some time since he had visited Coruscant. Josh had not been here since the One Sith had taken the planet years ago. It had been hard to come back even after the planet had been taken back. His final mission for the Republic's Jedi had been here... One that turned the remaining members against him because the man who'd given him the mission had not been there to tell the new Grandmaster he was doing it. He had not seen a single member of the Republic Jedi's Jedi Council from that era ever since, and quite frankly... He wasn't sure if he wanted to ever again. So easily throwing him under the bus and going after him, so shortly after doing nothing to keep him from being pressured to step down as Grandmaster... It was a testament to how selfish they had become. And Josh was not a man that forgave a breach of trust, or gave that trust back easily. No, never again.

But there was another reason, another bad memory, that had kept him from visiting here.

His father had died here.

They had only just been reunited, thanks to an eventful run-in with Aleidis. His life seemed to have finally been coming together again, as Grandmaster, and getting to meet his father and tell him all the things he had done, and that he'd become Grandmaster from all of the work he'd put in... He could still remember the pride in the elderly former Jedi's face as he recounted it all to him. But Josh had left his dad behind on Coruscant, not having enough time in this very time sensitive mission to either help the Jedi out, or stop to check on him. He'd assumed he would have gotten out... He didn't. It had broken his heart to find out he had died amongst the destruction. To the Republic, he was just an old Chancellor who had the position for a cup of coffee... For him, he was dad. And now he was gone.

Josh had no family left when he had lost his father and his brother, until he married Shmi, and Jason had been born. His life had finally begun coming back together after being destroyed all over again. But he wasn't sure if he could stomach being here on Coruscant, with all those bad memories of the planet behind him. He had many fond memories here too... This had been his home for years and years. But it was overshadowed so much by what it reminded him of.

He tried to shake his discomfort as the ship would touch down, and he stepped out alongside Arisa Yune. He was in... An interesting predicament here. He was representing the newly formed Enclave in this meeting, yes. But Josh had his flags planted in several others too. He was a part of the Silver Jedi. He was a part of the New Jedi Order that was part of the Galactic Alliance. He was part of The Jedi Order, led by Viere. Why, one might ask? Because Josh had realized something amongst all this dissension amongst the Jedi groups.

He was not a faction serving man. He was not a servant to a body, to a flag.

He was a Jedi.

And all of these factions? They were Jedi. They handled being a Jedi their own way, but so long as they didn't break the obvious tenants, and I mean seriously, the tenants I'm talking about are super obvious, not based on how any one Order handles their business... He would serve them as a Jedi. His loyalties lie with the Jedi itself, not with a particular Council, or a particular Grandmaster. Why then, did he choose to go with the Enclave for this meeting? That was simple. Arisa had approached him. And she had proven to be someone he could trust, and he would trust her judgement in this matter. Not to mention, the other slots for the Orders he was in had been filled. Had Grandmaster Kitra or Grandmaster Arenais asked him to walk by their side, he would have accepted. But they had picked people they trusted for their delegation... And Master Yune had picked two she had trusted. It was as simple as that. He held no ill will to the Orders who had not picked him to stand here. Instead he respected Master Yune for trusting him enough to want his voice in this conversation.

But this meeting... It was interesting. A long time ago, Josh had wanted unification. But he saw now, that was a fool's errand... It would have just split up again. There were too many Jedi that had their own interpretation of the Jedi Code. And that was alright. But what needed to be done... Was they needed to survive. For despite their different philosophies... They each had a common goal, they had the same mission. And with the Sith and Ren and other groups now banding together and targeting the Jedi, starting with the Silvers, and even having attacked the Alliance not too long ago... Actually, it was funny. Their apparent reason for attacking the Silvers was the Silvers assisting the Alliance.

Either way, their common mission was now in danger. And their very survival at risk. Josh did not come here to unify the Orders. He wanted to bring them together as a unit. A unit comprised of several different Jedi Orders, yes... Own separate and unique in their own way. But each with the intent of doing their Jedi duty, working together, fighting together, surviving together... And making this mission happen together.

The reason their mission had failed up until now was they had been divided, one way or another. That had to end, and it had to end today. They needed to be able to trust and protect one another, work with one another... They needed to be ready when those who sought to destroy them came.

Arisa had brought her former apprentice, [member="Eri'anya Forr"] along and she was clearly a bit on-edge herself. Josh was uncomfortable stepping on Coruscant, but he knew it needed to be done. Still... He could understand that she was uncomfortable, and unsure of what they would be doing in this instance. He would smile toward the Jedi Knight, a calm, gentle expression on his face as he would place a hand on her shoulder.

"We give them the truth. The facts. But we also do so with tact. And responsibility. I would like to hope our fellow Jedi understand the situation, but... It would be best to approach this tactfully and gently. No need to rile people up."

Representing: The Deneba Enclave
Delegation: [member="Kahne Porte"], [member="Romi Jade"]
jediseparator.png
Soon enough, they were being joined by the other notable members of the Jedi Order in the Galaxy to date; Veiere's attention being turned to those of the Silver Jedi Order. [member="Romi Jade"] might likely recognize [member="Valae Kitra"] from back on Voss alas sadly Veiere Arenais hadn't made it that far and lacked the pleasure in meeting her until now. It was however [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] of whom he recognized immediately and hadn't expected to meet there today; his wife [member="Coci Heavenshield"] who had graced him with her aid and counsel during one of the darkest times of his life and the pair of them for which he had first been introduced to during [member="Ryn'Dhal"]'s promotion to Master within their Order. With their entrance, he bowed in respect to the group, the young [member="Stephanie Swail"] too echoing Veiere's lack of interaction and experience with those of the Northern territories these days.

"Representatives of the Jedi Order? Am i correct?"
[member="Rosa Gunn"]'s voice caught him by some surprise though taking a moment to consider his response, Veiere smiled warmly and not without a hint of amusement in his retort "Are not we all?". He would grin at the sentiment, dropping his head some in humble apology though soon to reprimand himself and clarify "Yes we are of the Deneba Enclave and most appreciative of the Alliance's hospitality and catering for this meeting today" he didn't go to far as to point out their differences, not wishing to spark this sort of debate so soon though in his light tone and suggested compassion and admiration for the group at large, he simply meant to suggest that they were all Jedi.

Turning to offer [member="Kahne Porte"] and Romi Jade his ear, he smiled to the pair that had accompanied him noting their somewhat reserved demeanor. "Don't be afraid to wander you two, we're all friends here" he whispered softly with a faint smirk before moving to step away and approach closer those of the Alliance, [member="Taeli Raaf"] and [member="Aela Talith"].

"Coruscant truly is a marvel to behold. Forgive me for not having contacted your people until late; I have wished to introduce myself in the past and yet the Galaxy demands so much" he didn't wish to go into excuses, the Jedi Academy Network as well as the New Jedi Order had always been a people that he had wondered about as much so as those of the Silver Jedi Order; alas he had not reached out until the hour was late. Perhaps it was confidence that had failed him, yet he was unsure of what changes had come and gone during the wars that seemed to shake their worlds and those of their allies over the previous months.

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]
SJO:
[member="Stephanie Swail"]
[member="Valae Kitra"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
[member="Zark"]
Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]
[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]
The Jedi Enclave:

[member="Arisa Yune"]
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]​

Coruscant Jedi Temple

[member="Aela Talith"]

"There's still much to do to help the planet recover," Taeli said, giving a small bow to [member="Veiere Arenais"]. "The One Sith, when they were about to be defeated, did a great deal of damage that has taken some time to repair. I in turn must apologize at the situation we find ourselves in. The Sullust Temple was destroyed in an attack by this Contingency, and we are still in the midst of regrouping. The Grand Marshal, however, felt that this meeting was far too important to postpone."

She was curious about the Jedi Master before her, and actually many that were coming to this meeting. There weren't as many from the old crowd, although she did smile as she recognized Master Heavenshield. Many of the faces that were here or on their way to the meeting hall she had heard of by reputation only... or didn't know at all. Not too surprising, considering how fragmented the Jedi still were.

"I believe we are still waiting on a few late arrivals, but if you want to take your seats, we can begin," she said, giving another smile to Veiere. "If refreshments are required at any point, we have a few of the older Padawans ready to assist. I must say though, Master Talith and I will be very interested in hearing what you and any others that wish to speak have to say. After all, we all want to try and gain a more cooperative environment for all Jedi, in the face of such growing darkness in the galaxy."

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:

[member="Arisa Yune"]
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

Representing: The Jedi Temple on Alderaan
Delegates: [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] and Garith Organa
Location: Alderaan Embassy, Coruscant / In route to the Coruscant Jedi Temple

Was he trying to be funny? Yes. Did he know the time? Yes? Did his aunt just realize the time? It looked that way?
Rianna mentioned they needed to go now and then darted out of the garden. Garith was a little surprised. It had taken him a second then he skipped to catch up to his aunt. With a few strides he had caught back up. During the time of the fast pace walk to the landing pad he listened as well as kept up.

“Yes”, he hopped onto the speeder bike Rianna had pointed out. “Hop on”, feeling the hum of the engine turning on and after Rianna securing herself on the seat behind him, Garith eased back on the throttle. With a safe increase in speed they were on their way to the Coruscant Jedi Temple. “Hold on tight”, He raised his voice to carry over the noise of the engine and the roar of the wind. He then pulled back harder on the throttle increasing their speed. So far there was little traffic where they were. That could change rather quickly.

Rosa Gunn

R
No. Was Rosa's immediate response to Veiere's comment about them all representing the Order, but she kept it in her head opting instead for a smile and a simple incline of her head in acknowledgement of his point. Rosa was part of no order, which allowed her far greater freedom to pursue things than standing withing the orders represented here today. It also granted her the ability to see far more than the codes which such orders often implemented. Restrictive. That was her belief on orders, but her personal beliefs were irrelevant today. Today the only thing that mattered was helping to find unity so that the Jedi could rise up and fight against the incoming tide of darkness.

She caught Thurion's incline of the head and offered a wink in response before taking her seat as indicated by Master Raaf. The founder of the Boolon Foundation opted simply to listen to begin with, in truth she had little to say on the matter of uniting the Jedi other than they should all learn to accept their differences, drop their egos and work towards the far more important matters such as how to deal with the sith and the best way to help and protect those who needed it.

She had a funny feeling, however, that egos would be flexed. She restrained a sigh and leaned towards Thurion a said in a low voice. "We're going to for a drink after this." It wasn't a question and she smiled at him before leaning back in her chair and turning her gaze to the rest of the group.

TJO:
[member="Veiere Arenais"]
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Silver Jedi: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]
Jedi Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"] | [member="Aela Talith"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Garith Organa"] | [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]
header7.png

And here they were, among some of the most respected and brilliant of the collective Jedi Masters who in turn led many more into the Light behind them. Stephanie was out of her depth, but she was determined to not shrink away.

On Valae’s introduction, she smiled and lowered her head in a respectful welcome. Wearing her light cream and tan attire, it brought out her warm complexion and her brown hair was braided back. She radiated warmth, and looked around the room quickly to see the other faces.

On the word of the Jedi Taeli, Stephanie nearly stepped forward to start helping serve refreshments, but stopped as others moved before her. She was just a Padawan, and it seemed the lowest of them all subjected to serving drinks to the Masters. However, she was here as a guest and had to hold herself as one – just as important to the group as the Grandmaster standing before her.

Following Thurion and Valae, she saw an empty chair near them and took it, waiting for a Master to turf her off and stand up, letting those of a higher rank rest their feet. She gently pulled back her thin shawl from over her hair and settled hands on knees, waiting politely.

She clocked a few gazes, nodding discreetly to each and keeping her small smile fixed.

Jedi Temple - Gathering Hall
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Aela bowed her head. "Indeed."

There was no need to repeat what Taeli had said, not now. Already she could feel this gathering was getting somewhat out of control. It had only been a few minutes true, but...with so many people coming she couldn't help but wonder if anyone would actually be able to get a word in edgewise. She frowned for a moment and realized that she was getting a bit pessimistic about the situation. Her head shook again and slowly she regarded the table.

"Shall we be seated?" She asked the others. "There are many yet to come, and if we stand around greeting all day..."

Aela trailed off and gave the others a smile.

It was clear that the young woman intended to keep this meeting on pace, particularly if they were going to get anything done at all. There were some who had yet to arrive, but perhaps it would be easier to get things moving if those who were showing up found the majority of them already seated. It was a small hope, but still there.
TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

jediseparator.png
Veiere too had his share of concerns around this conference of Jedi, yet ever the optimist, it wasn't in his nature to given in until proven his ambitions were utterly flawed and otherwise impossible. Gesturing for [member="Romi Jade"] and [member="Kahne Porte"] to take their seats, he would take a seat between the two, dipping his head again in thanks to the [member="Aela Talith"] and [member="Taeli Raaf"] for their hospitality.

Glancing about the room for the numbers who had thus far arrived to join them for the talks of possible diplomacy and cooperation between their individual sectors and organizations, it gave him hope seeing that both the Galactic Alliance and the Silver Jedi Order were willing to try. They two already holding a rather stable relationship with one another as far as he knew, it was his delegation that stood more on the outside looking in, those that were likely less known than the rest.

"Ladies, Gentlemen. Masters of the Order you hail from..." Veiere spoke up, addressing them all while they would await the others; "Do forgive me if I am speaking out of line but I wish to convey my appreciation and pride in seeing us all gathered here today. I realize that for many of us, if not all, this meeting today is of a somewhat controversial nature and there may be tensions or doubts behind you. I can honestly say that I share this anxiety and yet to be graced with the presence of Councilors and Masters from across the Galaxy...You all humble me".

He paused a moment, letting his thanks to them all settle in a moment before officially introducing himself. "To those of you who do not know of me, and I'm sure that's the majority here today, My name is Veiere Arenais, formerly of Svivren and today representing the Deneba Enclave alongside my colleagues here" he gestured to his sides to Masters Jade and Porte. "For the discussions that we are to hold today, I consider myself an advocate of the peace and cooperation I believe is required for the betterment of the Galaxy. To our hosts, I would thank you for this opportunity to be a part of your delegation and otherwise give the floor back to you" he lowered his head to them all in honor and respect before sitting back in his chair and otherwise suggesting he was finished speaking for the moment.

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
[member="Zark"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Representing: Silver Jedi Order
Delegation: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], [member="Stephanie Swail"]​
header7.png

With the greetings out of the way, Valae moved towards the seats designated by their hosts. Indeed this was bound to be quite a gathering. She could only imagine the work that went on behind the scenes to organize such an event. Bringing in delegations from across the galaxy was no small task. Moving along the length of the table, she located the seats assigned to her and her companions. Offering Thurion and Stephanie a small smile, she lowered herself onto the edge of her seat.

Nervous hands clasped atop the table.

Her attention shifted as Veiere spoke, offering them kind words of greeting. Valae smiled, and listened to his introduction. For a moment, her eyes lingered on Romi Jade, and she offered the woman a small nod. It seemed that they were still waiting for some parties to arrive, Valae figured that the bulk of the discussion would wait until everyone was present and accounted for. And for her own part, she would be patient and listen. The right time to speak up would present itself, or so she hoped.

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
[member="Zark"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Representatinves from The Alderaan Temple
[member="Garith Organa"] and Rianna

Hop on! She had just made a mistake in her words and the consequences was that now she'd have to ride...that. Her lips got tight as she did not approve but it was too late to take it back so with great reluctance she 'hopped on'. So far they had made it through the traffic with little to no interference or hindrance. A great relief to Rianna. She could look ahead and see the temple, 'there' she whispered to his mind as she raised her hand and pointed.

It was a stunning site for certain she found herself catching her breath. They were really on Coruscant and headed to the temple. It was not the temple she knew but here it was risen from the debrie and transformed to represent a new age of Jedi. It announced to anyone who would look upon it, see this and know the Jedi have returned.

Rianna swallowed hard and said nothing more. All she could do was watch and reach out through the force to sense anyone that she might know.

There were arriving at the Temple.

[member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Kahne Porte"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Romi Jade"]

Representatives from the Alderaan Temple/ FWC
[member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] and Garith Organa

Garith started to slowly decelerate on the controls as they came in closer to the Jedi Temple parking area? “Here we are”, he said as they pulled into a parking space. He in particular hopped of the speeder bike and started too walked to the direction of the temple. “See that was not that bad”, Garith said. In a sense he had always been a bit fearless like his father. Physical danger to himself he did not fear. Yes everyone fears something. A Jedi just learns how to not let their fears control them. What were Garith Organa’s fears or fear? Like his father he closely guarded that secrete. Was it careful thought or just paranoia? Garith was a defender of the light. If a Sith knew Garith’s fears they would just use it to try to manipulate him.

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Silver Jedi: [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Kitra"]
Jedi Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Romi Jade"] | [member="Rosa Gunn"] | [member="Aela Talith"] | [member="Taeli Raaf"] | [member="Arisa Yune"] | [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Garith Organa"] | [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"]
header7.png

Stephanie went to stand, hesitated for a second, moved again, and stopped.

Then the desire to help and lead took over, and she stood fully from her chair; a Padawan draped in Hapan gowns stood amidst a conclave of respected Jedi Masters, warriors and nobles. She suddenly felt eyes on her.

”Good day, everyone. My name is Stephanie Swail, and I am a servant of the Light, training under Master Kitra and the Order of the Silver Jedi. Thank you for letting me be here with you today.”

A small swallow and she began to try break the silence, and as she did, she looked around with her peaceful smile and gentle eyes.

”The Axis Of Evil is spreading. Rapidly. The First Order is crawling across the west of the galaxy and already touching upon our jurisdiction. The Galactic Empire is pushing up from the south. The Sith Empire now rises in the east on the doorstep of our worlds. And what are they doing? They are striking. They are unified in their cause and they know how they want to get it, and they will not let anyone or anything stop them.”

Her eyes glanced right to left in pause.

”If they hold conclaves like this, I know they would reach an outcome far quicker than we will today. We are failing as Jedi. Not just failing the galaxy, but failing ourselves and the Force we serve.”

She sighed.

”The darkness is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until we are dead. The more time we spend trying to find outcomes that are based on talking and reasoning and debating, the more time we lose and the more our reputation comes under scrutiny. We need to unite. Quite simply, we need to unite our Orders and our resources and come together to support each other’s expansion and defense of their worlds, but also prove to the doubters that we can strike first, we can strike fast and we can strike hard into the heart of the enemy to take back our galaxy one system at a time and push the forces of darkness back to their borders. We are running out of time.”

Stephanie gave a nod, and sat.

It was words they would have heard before, and already she knew the debate would begin to pick holes in a very simple plan, but that was part of the process. They just couldn’t afford to take too long.

jediseparator.png
His attention returned once more to the young [member="Stephanie Swail"] as she addressed the gathering of leadership among the Jedi of the Galaxy, his head lifting in a half nod, almost as if to conclude her words offered as those similarly received in the past from some within the Silver Jedi Order. While he held little experience with the Jedi of the Galactic Alliance, it were the Silver Jedi of whom he expected to run into complications surrounding their cooperation and had influenced his want to find a middle ground that they might cater for all the differences in their individual groups approach. The Enclave of Deneba for example trained Jedi to discourage the need for conflict and violence, never to initiate it but to fall upon ones lightsaber only in the most dire of situations as a last resort; while this worked for his people, it would not be the shared consensus of all and even he knew that there would be some aspects of the Jedi of Deneba that his fellow Masters present within the room would disagree with.

The northern territories for which the Silver's resided over were being threatened, Veiere having already been involved in the attack on Ossus though his ability to support them was rendered inept due to the sudden rivalry of one rather spiteful Zodan Osyk Drul. With those events behind him now yet not forgotten, it was easy to understand their want for affirmative action, a retaliatory strike to keep the darkness at bay. Taking the initiative was a sound strategy for those with the numbers, those with the fleet and armies that the Silver Order had under their hold yet the Enclave of Deneba was far smaller by comparison and stature; setting aside the fact that the Jedi Code taught against such acts of violence, there would be far greater risks for Deneba were they to go out of their way to paint a target on their backs. That said, Veiere wondered if there weren't other ways of supporting their friends in the north.

For the time being he would not speak up. He wished to hear more from the others and to give those of the Alliance a chance to voice themselves and air out any similar concerns. It was obvious there was a need for unity here, enough so that Veiere was willing to compromise in order to achieve it, as difficult as that might often be. While Deneba could not support acts of war initiated by the Silver Jedi Order, they would remain on alert and ready to defend their peers in every need. After all, protecting the people, preserving life and respecting the natural order of things, this was what Deneba represented.

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
[member="Zark"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Representing: The Jedi Enclave​
Delegation: [member="Arisa Yune"], [member="Eri'anya Forr"]​
Oh, they were allowed to talk now? He wasn't sure when, himself. He hadn't been part of something like this in time some, so he had been waiting for the leaders of each "faction" to introduce their party and go right ahead. He had been expecting Silver Grandmaster [member="Valae Kitra"] to speak first, but instead her Padawan, [member="Stephanie Swail"] would take the initiative. He would quirk his brow in turn. Not out of disdain or looking down on Swail, no, but just in surprise. He could respect her showing maturity beyond her years and taking initiative though... And doing so politely as well. Once Swail had spoken, he took a deep breath, supposing that the idea of waiting for the leaders of each party to introduce their delegation was something that had passed.

"Thank you, Miss Swail. That was well done. So I'm going to to be frank here. I'm kind of a "speak my mind" type of Jedi, so I'm just going to go ahead and speak my mind-" He then placed a hand on his heart. "... And speak from my heart, if that's okay with you lot."

He looked around at all the Jedi around him, allowing himself to calm and settle any nerves before beginning to speak again.

"Master Viere claims that some of us may feel that this meeting is that of a controversial nature. That there may be doubts, apprehension, amongst us. My question to you all today is... Why is that?

Ladies and gentlemen, a good deal of you might know already, but my name is Joshua DragonsFlame. Though I'd prefer if you called me Josh, really. Do I say "You might know already" because of some pre-concepted idea of a reputation I might have? No, not at all. I don't consider myself a man of reputation, just a man doing his job as a Jedi. The reason a good deal of you might know me is because I work with a variety of you."

He points up at TJO Grandmaster @Veire Arenais and his delegation of [member="Romi Jade"] and [member="Kahne Porte"] first.

"I work with you, Grandmaster Arenais, because you are Jedi."

He then points to Silver Grandmaster [member="Valae Kitra"] and her delegation, [member="Stephanie Swail"] and [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] next.

"I work with you, Grandmaster Kitra, because you are Jedi."

He then points next to NJO's representatives, [member="Zark"], [member="Taeli Raaf"] and [member="Aela Talith"] who also represented the Galactic Alliance.

"And I work with you, those who are representing Master Rhen's Order. Because you are Jedi."

Finally, he motions toward [member="Arisa Yune"] and [member="Eri'anya Forr"] who stood beside him.

"And while they are a smaller group, I work with Master Yune, as her organization is... Jedi."

He then looks up at the Alderaan delegation, being Garith and Rianna Organa, and smiles.

"And while I have yet to work with or really get acquainted well with our Alderaan friends, I do see a beautiful old friend of mine by the name of Master Rianna Organa up there... And that tells me that the Alderaan delegation is in good hands for she would not pledge her loyalty lightly. They too, then, are Jedi."

Finally, he looks toward the independent representative, [member="Rosa Gunn"] in turn.

"And of course, even ones that do not serve Orders and carry the Force's will their own way... They too, are Jedi.

The thing is, I'm not here to suggest some kind of unification, let's get that out of the way and push that aside real quick because that topic is merely going to waste a whole lot of time and make this shing-ding more than a little bit unnecessarily tense. The fact is, each one of you handles things differently. I'm not going to get into the details on how, but you all do things differently and that's fine. A unification would not work because like it or not... There is no one way to carry out the Force's will. We are Jedi, does it matter how we do it so long as we follow the pretty obvious rules? There's no one way to be a Jedi so long as you follow the really, really obvious stuff. So none of you are actually wrong. I've worked with many of you, and if you were breaking the obvious ones, you'd know and hear it from me. So let's just get that out of the way. No unification. Not needed. We're far better separated into different groups that work together when we wish to, because any type of Jedi than has a home they can feel comfortable in, and doesn't feel they have to change to fit.

But why should this be controversial? We may handle things differently, BUT... We all have the same end-goal, no? Our mission, our goal... Is the same. How we do it may differ, but in the end, we have the same goal. We are all Jedi. Me, I have no doubts, no uncertainly. When this moot is over, I will gladly stand by the entrance, and shake the hand of each and every single one of you as my comrade in arms, as Jedi. Just... Try not to get anymore intimate than that, please. I'm a married man, after all."

He grinned lightly, indicating he was joking toward the end, wanting to keep the mood light and without tension.

"But... This is where I begin to get into the point of the meeting, which Grandmaster Arenais and Miss Swail have already begun to throw tracks on. So I'm going to get straight to the point... Our goal, our mutual mission... Is in danger. I don't care what your opinion is of how certain Jedi Orders work, the fact is... The Sith, the Ren, the Dark Siders, whatever you want to call them... Are doing what we should be doing. The same groups that have a reputation for deceit and lies and turning on each other, are united. Let that sink in for a moment.

Without bothering to give names or point fingers, one Jedi Order is already the target of an attack on three sides. Should they fold, do you really think they're going to stop at them? Why stop when you're already on a roll and your opponents have already laid down and let it happen so far? Doesn't matter what Order you belong to... They. Want. Us. Gone. They want me dead, they want you dead. You and you and you and you, they want you all dead.

And the fact is... Every single time a Jedi Order folds, our chances of stopping them grow weaker. We have less people to fight with us, and our disadvantage grows. They will not stop until we are gone. And the stronger they become... The more out of reach our mutual mission becomes. If you do not have love for the other Orders... That's fine. But I'm a member of the New Jedi Order... And I do not want to see them fall. I am a member of the Silver Jedi Order... And I do not want to see them fall. I am a member of "The" Jedi Order, and the same point stands. I am part of the Jedi Conclave, standing here representing them right now... I obviously don't want to see them go down either.

But that's the direction we're going in if we don't stop acting like meetings like this are controversial, and actually work together. If you have no love for your fellow Orders... Fight for your Order's mission. Because destroying that... That is what our enemies want.

In the end... We are Jedi. Jedi Padawans, Jedi Knights, Jedi Masters, Grandmasters, whatever title we take... Whatever way we use to accomplish our mission... Our mission is the same. We need to protect that mission.

Because we stand at risk to lose it. And everything we have ever worked for."

The Jedi Master would bow his head, then.

"Thank you."

Jedi Temple - Gathering Hall
[member="Taeli Raaf"]

Aela blinked quietly at the statement, the expression on her face showing no lack of interest, though no rousing endorsement either. Instead she simply watched the man who had spoken carefully. She did not know the face, but she remembered the name. She remembered being told a story by her Mother, or rather being told a story of her mother. Once this man had been Grandmaster of a united order, and Aela's mother had begun a vote of no confidence against him.

The young Jedi Master didn't know the man personally, but the story was enough to at least make her weary. Everyone should be judged on their merits, but her own mothers words were something that still rang in her ears.

She frowned for a moment, her eyes shifting towards the young padawan who had spoken.

For a brief second she wondered why a padawan was representing the Silver Jedi, though she squashed the thought immediately. Jamie was a Knight now, but she remembered when her own padawan had represented half a planet in negotiations. Age and experience in the force did not necessarily mean someone was unsuited for a task. Aela knew that better than most given her own adolescence. She mused quietly for a moment, shifting her attention to the others around the room.

The gist of the conversation, she assumed, would be much the same. She highly doubted that anyone here would attempt to claim anyone else was not a 'true' Jedi, whatever that meant, but she also doubted anyone would give up their own authority. Unification was more difficult than some would assume, especially considering the vast amount of worlds that were held under the sway of certain parties that had attended. The New Jedi Order controlled nothing of course, but they were so closely tied to the Alliance that any change would be improbable, if not all but impossible.

She waited for a moment, then quietly spoke.

"I don't understand the point of this." Her tone was muted. Quiet. "I don't believe anyone here questions the legitimacy of anyone else, nor do I believe anyone here holds any sort of ill will towards the others."

Aela glanced around the table. "I was on Ossus, on Kraysis, on Mustafar and a dozen other worlds where I stood against Sith, Imperials, and anyone else who would press the Galaxy further to the darkness. I Fought alongside members of the New Jedi Order, the Silvers, and others."

She blinked.

"We do aid one another. We fight for one another. There is no animosity, and if there ever has been it does not come from the Orders but individuals." She knew of one man who held a distaste for the Silver Jedi Order, but his opinions certainly didn't reflect those of the New Jedi Order. "Even then they still help, still fight for good. So the question is what do you want? What do all of you want? Unification?"

"The New Jedi Order has always stood against the dark, and we will continue to do so with whomever joins at our side, but we will continue to stand by the Alliance and the worlds it protects." She glanced at Taeli, as if seeking the womans nod of approval.

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

Representing: Silver Jedi Order
Delegation: [member="Valae Kitra"], [member="Stephanie Swail"]

header7.png
As the various delegations gathered and found their seats, it was Thurion's wish that he would not impose upon Valae's position as the new Grandmaster and thus preferred not to speak unless asked for his opinion. There was a reason for his retirement, after all, and he felt it important that she make the decisions. His advice would gladly be given if asked for it, and he knew she knew this as well. He did not anticipate the seemingly awkward padawan of hers to be the first to speak on behalf of the Silvers, however. Her words were passionate - if a bit too dramatic to his taste - and spoken out of love for her order, and he believed that she believed them.

When Master Dragonsflame then spoke next, Thurion took the chance to place a hand upon Stephanie's arm. "Take a seat, Padawan," he whispered while leaning slightly towards her. "There are many voices in this room, and all will have their say in due time. Patience," he offered her a slice of advice, trying not to sound like he was chiding her for speaking her mind. "Relax. We'll be here for some time."

For the time being he would allow those with the urge to voice their concerns to do just that, and in his usual casual fashion he leaned back in his chair and began twiddling his thumbs while listening to Master Talith of the New Jedi Order's response to Josh's opening statement. He'd been through such talks plenty of times and knew there was a set pace to them, even when matters were urgent. No sense in having everyone participate in a shouting match.

Turning to Valae, his twiddling came to a stop as he instead sought out her hand, gently placing his upon hers as a gesture of support, should she require it. He knew how she dreaded public speaking.
TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]
NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]
The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]
Independent:
[member="Rosa Gunn"]

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa closed her eyes as Master Dragonsflame rose and began to speak. And so it begins...the puffing of chests as people try to be humble in the least humble manner. This meeting wasn't controversial, this meeting was another attempt at something that had been failed many time before, and its failures were normally linked to blinkered views and an inability to see beyond their own arrogance. He had some validity somewhere in his statement, it was juts unfortunate that he lacked the finesse to put his point across without sounding like a total fool.

Rosa did not stand, she did not need to get to her feet to be heard, instead she sat forward in her chair and rested her forearms on the table top. "Unification is the wrong term to use, were are already united against the same thing, I think that was the point you were making Master Dragonsflame." She offered a tight lipped smile at him. " As someone who has a more intimate understanding of the sith than most, I can assure you that their target is not us, we just have the unfortunate habit of getting in the way of their conquest." she swung her gaze round to Thurion and his companions. "The Silver Jedi Order has stood a little longer than the rest, and as a result you've drawn their ire."

She shrugged and sat back. "What we need, is to collaborate our efforts. Each order has its strengths and its weaknesses, our ability to understand those strengths and weaknesses without taking personal insult will be the key to our success here today."

Coruscant Jedi Temple - Gathering Hall
[member="Aela Talith"]

Well, this had started out almost exactly as she had expected. If there was one thing she had learned all through her time with the Jedi, and in watching these meetings take place, it was that Jedi loved to talk. Lots of flowery speeches and rhetoric, dire warnings of doom if they didn't come together. So when the young Silver Padawan and Dragonsflame started off the meeting with such speeches, she hadn't been too surprised at all. At least Aela understood that staying on topic and having concise goals were paramount.

There was a nod for her, to show Taeli's approval to the younger Master.

"Master Talith voices my own thoughts," she said to the assembled Jedi. "What exactly do we want to gain from this gathering that is concrete? Soaring prose and speeches are all well and good, but they don't help. They are simply waffle to fill the air. Master Arenais, you asked for this meeting of the various groups of Jedi. What exactly were you aiming to achieve here that the Orders don't do already? Master Talith and Master... Gunn pointed it out that we've all been fighting alongside each other, and fighting our own battles against the dark forces within this galaxy. Was there something else that drew us all together?"

[member="Rosa Gunn"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Stephanie Swail"] [member="Garith Organa"] [member="Rianna Ar'klim-Organa"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="Arisa Yune"]

jediseparator.png

Grandmaster Arenais...-Grife, how that made him cringe when it was uttered upon the tongue. Veiere had taken up the position over his organization for a time until their small Council of Masters could be brought into being for the Enclave of Deneba, their home now that had unfortunately not started off being what he had expected, not what the temple of Yutan had been meant for. Even the title of Master was one that he rarely acknowledged, as honored a position in the Order it was, he preferred to see everyone standing on mutual level in order to reinforce his belief that they (not just the Jedi but people together) could come and meet in the middle, to cooperate towards a better future. Perhaps it was optimistic of him, maybe too much so yet without his optimism he'd have struggled more than he had thus far to serve what he had always believed to be the will of the Force guiding him along this path...

"Master Arenais, you asked for this meeting of the various groups of Jedi"

[member="Taeli Raaf"] addressed his intention to call upon them all, soon questioning what exactly he hoped to take away from all of this. Truthfully it was a good question, especially now with his understanding that the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order were already well acquainted with one another. He had listened to [member="Josh DragonsFlame"], the man had a lot to say though Veiere wasn't that well acquainted with him than the way he had spoken of it all; affiliations among the same people perhaps though they'd shared little experience together. None the less, somewhere between the lines of the speech that he gave, Veiere understood the mans good intentions...-Everyone seated here had them and yet Veiere found himself pausing.

"What exactly were you aiming to achieve here that the Orders don't do already?"
He hadn't planned on suggesting this...-In fact he himself did not believe that any of them would agree to it, and yet being put on the spot in such a way, one that he'd no doubt brought upon himself in the ignorance of knowledge surrounding the relationship between the two largely established Orders, Veiere found himself looking at the whole picture, not just his people but the image that they all presented towards the Galaxy. Their organizations were splintered across the Galaxy, his belief of this had been introduced back the very first day he had been graced with the meeting of one [member="Théodred Heavenshield"], the younger lad who had convinced Veiere to step out of exile during which the galaxy, he claimed, needed all the gifted and dedicated Jedi that it could get.

"For the longest time I've been given the impression that the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order broke away from the Jedi of the Galactic Republic..." Veiere began to explain himself, offering a pause only to raise his hands in the need to emphasis apology and that he was not trying to make an accusation but simply state the facts he was introduced to; "..And for however this schism was brought about, the emotional conflict that it might have been at the time, it has served to greater encompass the worlds that were outside of the Republic's reach at the time" he soon gestured to both [member="Aela Talith"] and [member="Valae Kitra"] for the corners of the galaxy they resided over and sought to protect. Turning to look upon [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] with a faint smile, he soon spoke directly to him though openly explaining himself to the entire group at the same time, "It was thanks to your Son some matter of years ago now that I was pulled out of self exile..." he glanced back to the others, looking about the table apprehensively. "My pacifism has at times been noticed and commented on by some...-Believing that it encompasses a certain lack of experience or lack of courage in facing the threat that looms over us all. The irony in the truth however is that before this separation of the Order, I once hailed from a world now within the Alliances territories. Svivren, an enclave there for which was invaded and overrun by the One Sith Empire some time ago...-I've seen violence, I've taken up the sword and contributed to the stain on the veil of the Force that such loss of life can render...-If you're asking why this is relevant, why I am saying all this; it's because all of us here have known such darkness; whether or not we've stood toe to toe against it or been threatened in our own morale virtue by the lure of the Darkside before. This is something we can agree on as it has been our oath, our 'job' if you will to stand before the darkness that others might not have to". Perhaps it was unnecessary for him to share some personal light on his past history yet as he had told [member="Kahne Porte"] only earlier, transparency he felt was best in emphasizing this want for cooperation. His faith in the Force wasn't the only aspect of what kept him fighting for the path that they all followed but so too the tremendous loss of his former family, an enclave of Jedi lost to the violence of the Sith; the violence of a war between the light and the dark sides of the Force that had been waged for centuries now, far beyond their life spans and likely to continue beyond their future generations.

"The one thing the Jedi of the Republic had before we were all splintered off into our own organizations however was exactly that...-Organization. Yes we can work together, do we do so perhaps as much as we should?" he glanced around the table, gauging the expressions of those listening to him. No doubt they were all skeptical, it was the typical reactions he often felt that he encouraged when he went on to speak so passionately, unfiltered and wearing his heart on his sleeve as he so often did; perhaps he would feel embarrassed for it later but for now he was trying to point something out them all; "Co-operation with no organization is simply a matter of holding out your hand when it suits you best" this concept might sound like an insult but he genuinely meant well by it as he followed up with the main point for all of this. "Perhaps we will never fall under the one banner (faction) nor work under the same principles at all times but what I would like to propose is a Jedi High Council...-A selection of leading Masters or Grandmasters, whatever you wish to be called that can come together and agree when the time calls for convocation; then swaying us all in the direction voted upon. In this case...-The threat of the Dark Side. Meetings that would look very much like today's, though one representative per organization to ensure closer collaboration and a unified front among us all, even those smaller individual enclaves like my own".

And then with another pause followed by a somewhat awkward chuckle to escape his breath, he offered them all a sideways tilt of his head in a curious nod of character before slowly reclining back to lean into his seat, his fingers lifting from the table in a way of noting that he was both finished but all expecting that his suggestion would no doubt bring back something of a backlash of opinions and possible arguments.

TJO:
[member="Romi Jade"]
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
[member="Zark"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]

The Jedi Enclave:
[member="Arisa Yune"]

She'd been in the background for a minute, growing a bit antsy as her Master would probably know giving that she preferred a much more straightforward approach to things. However, she was never a person to be extremely vocal in instances such as this, even in her place on the Council; she was known for interjecting a few words here and there, hitting on points that some of her fellow Jedi would overlook.

Her chest rose and fell; a breath. Fidgeting had led to her removing her hand from her face when she was instead absorbing what the others were saying.

"An official alliance...and independent organization sanctioned by all sects?" She spoke up, "Fine speeches might I add, but" She back tracked a bit followed by a faultless smile. "I know it would be entirely too much to ask for complete unification. It's been established that people are fine in their respective spaces."

She mentioned while turning an acknowledging what the others have said and have been saying for thus long.

"However In times of distress...this organization' banner can be raised for all of us to stand behind. Or those willing..." She withdrew for a bit, just a few seconds before she beckoned forward.

"Perhaps it is this High Council who oversees this? A member from each sect...as proposed"

She looked to her Master before stepping back. She'd want to hear the feedback. She shrugged at [member="Veiere Arenais"] before folding her arms over her chest and looking amongst the others.

TJO:
[member="Kahne Porte"]

SJO:
[member="Valae Kitra"]

NJO/GA:
[member="Taeli Raaf"]
[member="Aela Talith"]
[member="Zark"]

Alderaan:
[member="Garith Organa"]