Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Ukatis Harvest Festival

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - @Open -
"Hopefully you two inherited the dancing genes from your father, and not me."

"Don't tell your mother," Alicio conspired, leaning down to dispense his secrets to the children, well within earshot of Amani, "But I hope that too." He stood up straight again, a wry smile on his face, before offering Amani a consolatory peck on the cheek.

The idea that an animal could have latent Force-like abilities was... an odd one, but stranger things had happened. Alicio sat down on the side of the road, positioning August in his lap like a throne. The curious racyons inched forward a little at a time, their tiny heads bobbing up and down to get a better look at House Organa.

Alicio smirked at Amani.
"Maybe I am." He studied the little critters with equal amounts intrigue and suspicion. Turning his head up to look at his father, August seemed to do the same, staring at the racyons, a sighing 'ahh' sound tumbling from his mouth. "But it does sound a little... ridiculous."

"They are very cute, regardless."

An itch in the back of his mind told Alicio to turn his gaze to the side. At a stall across the street, he saw Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and little Vera line up for a water gun game. Remembering when he'd played the game with Vera, Amani, and Valery Noble Valery Noble on Pasaana, Alicio found a mischievous smile. "How long do you think until Vera splashes him?," he asked, tilting his head their direction.

4XjHmkg.png

If he was being blunt, Desric would have noted that what Ukatis really needed was some cultural influence. The place seemed to be a breeding ground for anachronistic nonsense and abysmal governance.

Naturally, the fault was not with the aristocratic structure of the state. Perish the thought!

His dear home of Serenno was an excellent example of why that form of governance remained sensible.

Instead of voicing those thoughts, he lent his support to Thania's more diplomatic framing. His response to having a racyon kit thrust into his hands was significantly less measured. In fact, he looked borderline panicked.

"Excuse me, what-" He sputtered, only to freeze as the creature began to wiggle.

He couldn't very well drop the damn thing - it was no doubt fragile.

While he was distracted, Thania's attention was drawn elsewhere. He would have to ask Cadence what that was about - later. "Ah, yes. Likewise. I'll have Cadence send you my details." Cadence's details, strictly speaking. The people who could contact him directly without her having the option to intercept the call or message could be counted on one hand.

"Oh Force, what is it doing now? Cadence." As his voice turned pleading, the AI finally took mercy on him and summoned an 'unremarkable civilian' from the crowd. The 'man' picked up the racyon with gentle hands.

One of Cora's bodyguards eyed the newcomer with a scowl.

"Would you still love me if I was a worm?"

Cato squinted, "Is this like a trick question?" He seemed genuinely suspicious for a moment, then smirked back.

"Um." Serena gave the matter some deep thought before answering, "Calzone!"

He snorted audibly, "…W-why?"

"Cause I love calzones!" Serena declared as she hugged the kit.

"I made calzones for dinner, like, once."

"Make them again!" Serena had definitely taken a liking to them, but Cato didn't realize just she liked them enough to name a pet after them.

He looked at Inanna, and shrugged, "Okay then. She's your pet. Calzone it is." Serena squealed victoriously. "Y'all ready to get out of here?"

Ukatis
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Open
4XjHmkg.png

Amani feigned offense with a scoff, "I've never known a Count so eager to sleep on a couch tonight," The kiss at least seemed to somewhat pacify her. She and Liana joined the boys in rest. Lia eagerly reached out with pudgy fingers towards the racyons, "Be gentle, honey," Her mother led by example, softly stroking the nearest racyon's fuzzy head. It squirmed at first, but then relaxed when it realized the gesture was comforting, "See?" Lia reached a hand out again, and Amani guided it tenderly to keep her from petting too hard. A few times the girl tried to grab the kit's fur, receiving a slight course correction each time.

"Well, you've got a whole Clarivoyants Anonymous meeting right here for you," The mirialan gestured at the gathering of racyons, "More ridiculous things have happened." Her playfulness subdued, and she lingered on the silence for a few moments, until Alicio pointed out the antics of the Noble family nearby. Amani snorted, "The moment she loses the lead, probably?"

She smirked again, but was still dwelling on the prior subject. They approached it lightly, but Amani was compelled to offer something genuine, "I know I'm not like, a seer, but you know you can always talk to me about your visions and stuff, if they ever... bother you, or something, right?"

Oh, this was too much fun.

Cora was almost certain that it was too unladylike to be enjoying herself this much. Anything even remotely fun was often deemed inappropriate.

To her delight, Trug Zigash Trug Zigash joined in on the teasing before excusing herself. Before this, she took Desric's hand in her own which garnered a suggestively arched brow from the Princess, but she said nothing on the matter.

"Of course, Miss Petrui. It was a pleasure meeting you."

Cora's voice was almost musical as she barely held back a giggle, clearly entertained by Desric's momentary fluster. That was exactly the reaction she had wanted.

"Not particularly fond of pets, I take it?" She japed, smiling pleasantly at the ordinary peasant who'd appeared to ease the racyon kit from the Senator's arms. Feeling tension radiate from her left, she raised a hand to steady the guard who was glaring daggers at the commoner.

"I am glad you're here Desric, truly. Ukatis is likely a far cry from Serenno or Arcadia, but I wanted to be able to show the people of the Alliance that my home is more than just…what was experienced in the capital."

There was a measure of genuine appreciation woven into her tone. She waved an arm wide, gesturing to the crowded midway.

"These are my people, and I will protect them at any cost."

The gesture brought her gaze to scan over the throng of commoners, stopping when she spied someone familiar.

"Oh, excuse me for a moment—I will return shortly."

Picking up the skirt of her flowing dress, Cora moved quickly to the side of one Liin Terallo Liin Terallo . The two hadn't seen eachother since her visit on New Cov where she'd been a bright-eyed Padawan instead of a stately Princess.

"Miss Terallo! It has been too long, truly. I'm so glad that you decided to attend the Harvest Festival—tell me, how have you been?"

Cora was quick to loop an arm with the woman and give her a beaming smile. "Oh, I love your dress! Off-worlders as so fashionable. Come, you must meet my friend, the Senator of Arcadia."

I am not at all surprised that the Lady Dune sought her exit. Prying eyes and ears were keen for more gossip to throw around. I dip my head in respect for her as Giselle Dune takes her leave.

And with an intake of breath I presume my bit of window shopping, as it were. The air is still a bit chilly for me, but the crowds help in containing some of the heat around me.

A clearing of a throat from one of my guards catches my attention a split second before a familiar voice is heard speaking my name. I turn my head and smile warmly as Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania descends upon me and takes my arm. If Eiden is watching, which I know he is, I am quite certain that this interaction will hold his attention.

"It is lovely to see you again. I have been fairing well, yet you are fairing much better! Congratulations on your marriage and your new title. Your dress is beautiful and I thank you very much for the invitation to the festival. I would not miss it for the world. We must have some wine or tea some time and catch up. I am certain that there is much to talk about. But first, let us go and meet this friend of yours."

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

4XjHmkg.png

Feeling more at ease now that the beast was safely ensconced in the hands of one of his droids, Desric shook his head with a laugh. "That obvious?" He asked rhetorically, his tone wry. "Truth be told I haven't interacted much with animals - and the closest we came to family pets was my brother bringing some, ah, projects." Usually the more innocuous ones, of course.

The abominations he had allegedly created were kept well away from his family.

As she explained her reasoning, he nodded encouragingly. "I dare say it's working - especially for the Jedi." Most of their kind were more comfortable interacting with the peasantry than the gentry - hell, even Desric found the Ukatian nobility so-so, but his view was likely at least somewhat distorted by the gutter trash to which Cora was married.

As she headed over to an acquaintance, he mulled her words over. It was an admirable stance, but it should not be necessary. In an ideal world, Horace would have long since been removed from the equation or had his power stripped away.

It would have been oh-so-convenient if he had done something that would properly antagonise the SIA.

Alas, no such look - there were no Mawites in his basement. Desric's people had looked very, very thoroughly.

Cheerful smile betraying nothing, he turned to greet Cora's acquaintance - one 'Liin Terallo' of New Cov, it seemed.

Cora was genuinely glad to see Liin, and she dipped head into a nod of gratitude despite the sour feelings she held for her marriage.

"Thank you, Miss Terallo. It is an honor to marry into the royal family, and it is my hope that I can use what I've learned abroad to help Ukatis." She nodded once, eagerly so. "We certainly must make time to catch up soon!"

Guiding them towards Desric, she offer an introduction with a sweep of her free arm.

"Miss Terallo, please meet my friend Desric Terassi, Senator of Arcadia. Desric, may I introduce Miss Liin Terallo of New Cov."

She thought about introducing Liin by her board title, but in truth, Cora could not remember it fully and was likely to bungle it. She'd only recalled that it had to do with the unique biomolecules found on New Cov, and that it was important.

The Princess' smile was polite, but not hollow. Having friends around and being able to speak with a modicum of freedom did wonders for her spirit, but it also made her realize how isolating the past few months had been while she remained in the capital.

The fact that Desric agreed that the festival seemed to be going well only encouraged her good mood moreso.

"I can imagine that Ukatis is far more…rural than both New Cov and Arcadia, but I've always thought that my home has its own rustic charm."

She laughed softly, eyes briefly following a pair of shrieking children as they ran past before her attention returned to Liin and Desric.

A promise made to catch up is hopefully a promise kept! Yet even I am aware of the ever changing events that can disrupt enjoyable plans.

I turn my attention to the Senator as we are introduced to eachother. I dip my chin in acknowlegement and hold out my free hand for him to take. "It is a delight to meet your acquaintence, Senator Terassi. I trust that you are fairing well?"

The comments of the Princess in regards to her home world hold true. Ukatis is indeed far more rustic than New Cov. It is a strange thing to not be contained in a biodome. "It is a little colder of a climate here than what I am used to. But you are correct; Ukatis does have it's own rustic charm. It is very peaceful." One can only hope that it remains that way. Whereas New Cov has the want and rarity of biomolecules to keep it safe from war, I am not yet aware of what would protect Ukatis from a horrible fate.

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Desric Terassi Desric Terassi

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Vera blinked, then nodded when Kahlil explained the conditions of being able to send people to jail. While not too useful for her right now, she'd have to remember it for later. When it was up to her to deal with the bad Jedi, the way mom and dad had to now. The ruffling of her hair that followed got an excited squeal from the young Noble, who bounced up and down and looked around for her mother.

She hadn't spotted her yet, but the offer for a water gun game pulled her eyes back to her father, "Mommy said she wanted to play with us too," Vera pouted, not wanting mom to feel left out. But as she looked around again, she noticed that Valery was still talking to someone. It was Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , the boy she saw kissing Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania that one time in the Temple hallway. He was nice.

"Okay, but mommy has to play with us later," Vera then decided, before she ran off to the stall, collected her water gun, and got ready to shoot some targets. This time, however, she was not going to wait until she was losing. The Force already told her that her father was a lot better, so neutralizing him was top priority.

With a giggle, she turned and raised her pistol at his face, "Game over!" she said, quoting her favorite show that mom let her watch, before she opened fire.

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival

Amani's threat of bed-banishment only turned Alicio's smirk sharper.

Sitting down on the grass, August seemed a bit more apprehensive of the creatures. As they approached, he gave off a high-pitched whine, holding his usually-grabby arms close to his chest. Alicio frowned, and held him a little tighter. "It's alright," he hummed, reaching out and gently patting a racyon kit. "They're friendly." Seeing this, August finally reached out a hand of his own, and with Alicio to steady and moderate it, he pet it too. "See? No need to be afraid."

Amani's assessment of Vera's antics made Alicio nod. "Sounds about right," he returned, watching them for a moment. Of course, the second Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and Vera started, she turned the blast of water on her father, in an unprecedented preemptive strike. Alicio chuckled warmly, his eyes falling on Liana for a moment, imagining them in the father-daughter pair's shoes.

"I know I'm not like, a seer, but you know you can always talk to me about your visions and stuff, if they ever... bother you, or something, right?"

"...I know." There was a fair bit of hesitancy in his words. Unvoiced worries. "I will. Of course I will."

August craned his neck up to look at his father, smacking his lips at his old man. "I... haven't been able to stop it, recently. My... my future-vision."

Tag: open
Wearing: robes (but on a red twi'lek not blue)

Ryana was fashionably late or maybe just late to the festival as she looked around she didn't expect to know anyone here or most of the Jedi being newer to the order. And being hesitant to make all that many friends as she walked around she found a racyon kit just sitting there looking depressed with it's tongue sticking out it looked up at her and motioned to be picked up. She could tell it was abandoned as she picked it up and held it as she little creature nestled against her his tongue still sticking out she petted him as she looked down at the little raccoon looking creature.

"Don't worry little one I won't abandon you on to sit alone" she said as she walked through the festival seeing people mingle she felt sort of ill dressed in her Jedi robes even if she was more dressed than most of twi'lek in the galaxy. She stopped as she saw Kahlil and veras interaction which caused her to laugh making her wish she had moments like that with her parents the racyon almost sensing her pain attempted to hug her tighter as she looked down at him.

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Tag:

Oh.

Vera's eyes widened when she turned to look right into the barrel of his water gun. How did he-

Eeeeek!

Vera squealed, laughed, screamed and giggled all at the same time, as the cold jet of water struck her body and face. In an attempt to defend herself, she began to flail her arms around, while pulling down on the trigger at the same time. Spirals of water were launched into the air, striking other people, the stall and anything else that dared enter the battlefield.

"No fair!" she called out, still giggling like a maniac. "Mommy help!" she then yelled, hoping to draw in reinforcements to take down this powerful enemy.

But, of course, she kept blasting too.

4XjHmkg.png

"Likewise, Miss Terallo," Desric said, smiling warmly. "I am well, thank you for asking. How about you?"

Already information was trickling through his neural link; it seemed Cadence had far more data on this Liin than she did Thania, but that was hardly surprising. After all, the former was a relatively notable player in the biotech business.

"I am inclined to agree," He chuckled, before nodding along with Liin's statement. "I dare say Arcadia and New Cov are quite similar, in many ways. My world's biosphere is engineered for tourism and yours-" His gaze swivelled towards Liin. "- is more untamed, but both have urbanised, technologically advanced city centres that stand apart from the wilds."

Smiling broadening, he spread his hands. "In fact, I believe your cities have been an inspiration source for my corporation's architects. Data on public satisfaction in a sealed urban environment-" Vera Noble wildly spraying water into her surroundings made him pause, but fortunately a bodyguard intercepted the stream of water.

"Where was I? Ah yes, those insights have been invaluable when designing arcologies."

Amani couldn't help a smile as the usually cavalier August became more withdrawn at the racyons' approach. Alicio coaxed the boy out of his shell, and soon they were all four showering the fuzzy little critters with attention. Liana only got more excited as they pet them, bouncing up and down and requiring a bit more guidance from her mother.

The Nobles antics took a surprising turn, as both father and daughter engaged in a bit of Mutually Assured Destruction, blasting each other with water right from the get-go. Amani just shook her head and chuckled.

"...I know. I will. Of course I will."

The hesitance was far from unnoticed. Amani studied her husband for a few long moments, searching his expression for more. The moment she glanced back down at Lia, he spoke again. "At all?" Amani pursed her lips, "Do you need help? I can try, or we can find a Jedi seer who might know more, or…" She tried to stop herself from coming across as too overbearing. But if he wasn't able to have any control over these visions, then it could be a hamper on his daily life. She furrowed her brow, "How long has it been going on?"

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
Let it be known, for any scholars writing this moment into the annals of history, that Kahlil shot first.

The whole scene, and the subsequent splashing of water on innocent passersby, made Alicio laugh all the more. Thankfully, none of the friendly fire made it's way over to the Organas; Alicio was glad to leave that part of the festival on Pasaana in the past.

But the Future was more on their minds, as the discussion continued.

"No, it's... it's fine, now, mostly." Alicio let his hand go on autopilot, stroking the tawny fur of a racyon. "It started at the end of the war. When our lives were busy, and we were going through so much already... It's a constant thing. I'm always... seeing two times at once. Living two times at once, one a second ahead of the other."

"Funnily enough, Vera helped me manage it."
Alicio stared at the girl from across the way, smiling at her squeals of joy. "She helped me... get over my fear of it, at least a little. I can focus on the present now, until my visions are... like a distant memory, that hasn't happened yet.

Alicio let his vision open up again, until he was seeing in double, then triple, then quadruple... "It feels almost natural now. Like I was living life with one eye closed, before."

"I'm fine,"
he reiterated, scooching a little closer to Amani and Lia. "You just... reminded me of it, is all. I wanted to make sure you knew."

Last edited:

Outfit: Witch Attire
Objective: Enjoy a walk around.
Tag: Loomi Loomi | Ko Vuto Ko Vuto | Jonyna Si Jonyna Si | Fantine von Ascania Fantine von Ascania

Dreidi noticed the native from Ukatis that approached the group, she couldn't help but chuckle as the girl stumbled with how best to describe them. It was clear that she didn't wish to appear rude or offensive in her wording, something she figured that Corazona would have first been like when she started her Jedi training.

"Sounds good to me, I am sure you know these stalls better than we do." Dreidi mentioned since there had been an offer to help them find drinks. "I'm a wanderer, so no real home but came here to visit a friend. Though seems a princess's life can be busy." Nodding her head in the direction of Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania with a chuckle.

Thinking on what she would like to drink once Jonyna had declared she wanted water, Dreidi looked around for what was on offer, thinking aloud, "wine for myself, pleasant enough weather for a glass of wine I would say."

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Mhmm, mama is not helping anybody~"

Two water guns had started to tremble, until suddenly, they were telekinetically pulled into Valery's hands. She spun them around, placed her fingers over the triggers, and opened fire. One pistol unleashed a jet of water at her husband, the other at her daughter. One to get payback for Vera blasting her and Alicio Organa Alicio Organa at the festival on Pasaana, and she shot her husband because... well, because it was funny.

"Ahhhh!!" Vera screamed, her giggling getting uncontrollably loud before she fell over and plopped onto her rear. She laughed, raised her arms and began to yell, "I surrender! Jedi can't shoot prisoners!" she called out, and for just a second or two, Valery actually believed her.

But she saw those little hybrid eyes shifting back to her own pistol. Vera had no intentions to surrender at all.

"Oh no you don't~"

With the stroller full of cheering triplets still behind her, Valery opened fire again.

"Ahhh! Daddy! Shoot her!" Vera screamed, hoping to have her father turn against her mother.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom