Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Ukatis Harvest Festival

4XjHmkg.png

div1.png

"Oh he's enjoying the benefits of being a peace time bureaucrat" The old Zilkin High Admiral had been on the front lines of the Second Great Hyperspace War and nearly every conflict that had preceded and succeeded it. Zahara was sure that he was enjoying spending time pushing papers rather than flying out to the Unknown Regions to stare down death. Today, there were no massive space battles occurring on the outskirts of Alliance space, nor were there any large scale offensive or defensive actions taking place on remote worlds. There was true peace.

For however long that would last.

"Officially, to show the flag" He responded to Pryce's question regarding his presence on Ukatis. He offered a toothy grin before explaining further "Unofficially, because nobody else wanted to"

"Honestly I can't stand being moored to the ground so long. I rationalized my decision to return to active service as a desire to protect and defend but honestly, I'm bored" Not entirely untrue, there was something he was holding back, not just from Pryce but also from himself. "Besides...there are issues that require vigilance. Being here is a good reminder to the people of the Alliance that our guard isn't down"

Last edited:

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
- Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble - Valery Noble Valery Noble - @Open -
"I wasn't going to shoot Aug. Just you."

"Oh. Of course," Alicio responded to Vera, not completely reassured. Still, August continued to make sounds of joy, unaware of the aquatic danger he had unknowingly avoided, as he said hello to Vera and the triplets in his own way.

Valery's tale of Vera wresting control of an entire swarm of racyons, then attacking a shapeshifter, earned a monumentally raised brow from the Count. "The usual indeed," he said. Vera truly was a wild child. Alicio looked down at August, a faux-stern look in his eye. "You won't cause me so much trouble when you're her age, will you?"

The little boy blew a raspberry at his father. Confirmation of the opposite. Alicio smirked. Of course.

Kahlil's mention of the previous event Ukatis had invited the Alliance caused Alicio to frown slightly. "I was there, too," Alicio mentioned, twisting his lip. "A bird knocked down the chandelier, Amani and I helped patch up some of the nobility." He glanced sourly at the Nobles, unaware that it had been their porg and droid that had nearly broken down negotiations. "So far, this festival is leagues above that."

"...I'm Vera."

"Sweetie. The Racyon."

Alicio blinked slowly, before getting the answer he was looking for. "Good name. It is pretty fuzzy," he said, nodding. August seemed a little less enthused at the racyon being held out to them, stopping his squealing and eyeing the creature warily. Alicio chuckled, holding his son a little higher. "Sorry. I don't think August likes them very much."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I punched a duke in the face. .. Sorry about the bird, though. He's much better trained now."

Kahlil shrugged nonchalantly about it. He certainly didn't regret throwing a fist at Cora's father. Probably not something to casually talk about here, but Alicio was a friend, and he wasn't about to hide anything from him. He did chuckle a bit though as he reached out to pat Vera's head and get her to lower the raycon from the clearly nervous child.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"You won't cause me so much trouble when you're her age, will you?"

While Aug blew a raspberry, Vera giggled. If his kids were going to spend time playing with Vera, she was certain they'd get up to all kinds of mischief together. The fun kind, of course. But when the adults started talking about some event she wasn't a part of, Vera zoned out completely... until her dad mentioned punching someone.

Vera perked up, grinned and hopped up once. "Go daddy!" she called out, not having an idea about why the man got punched at all. But if her father was beating people up, they definitely deserved it. Then, the topic shifted to her new friend, and Vera smiled at the fact that Alicio liked the name.

Sadly, Aug didn't seem to like it, so with some encouragement from her father, she put the Racyon down, and as if it could read Vera's mind, Fuzzy walked off and stayed behind the Noble's stroller.

"Hey there, Aug~" Valery then said, as she finally decided to step closer. She loved kids, and wanted to hear him squeal again. So she made a little silly face, and waggled a finger right in front of him. "Missed me? It was really fun when I came over to babysit you and your sister." Valery was smiling warmly and enjoyed herself.

But Vera blinked, and almost looked jealous that mom was giving another kid so much attention. She then looked up at her father, huffed and wrapped herself around his leg. "Daddy? Are we doing more games today?" she asked, knowing that it was already getting a bit late.

She just wanted to play with everybody.

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival

"I punched a duke in the face. .. Sorry about the bird, though. He's much better trained now."

Kahlil's casual admittance of guilt, and Vera's congratulatory shout after, left Alicio a little shellshocked. Eyebrows raised, he glanced between the parents, obviously not thinking the situation was as funny as Kahlil made it seem. "You nearly caused a diplomatic incident... twice?" Alicio was deathly passionate when it came to Alliance politics, but at least today, he was able to shake off his shock. That party had ended with Ukatis' admittance regardless. "Well... all's well that ends well. But I'm sure I don't have to tell you that striking crown royalty is, what we call in politics, a bad idea."

August seemed to relax a little as the racyon was lowered, forgetting about it completely as it vanished from sight. It gave Valery the chance to win him over again, which she did handily. The little Alderaanian Lord projected a delighted 'ahh' sound, reaching out for the Sword, trying to wrap his little green sausage fingers around her pointer.

Picking up on Vera's jealous turn, the Count smirked down at her before speaking. "Well, we can't stay long. We're expected back at our ship." It was a graceful opportunity for a farewell, if the Nobles wished to end their time in the festival, or to spend it only with each other. But he supposed the Organa boys wouldn't be missed for one game...

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil glanced down to Vera for a moment, raising a brow. Then chuckled as he reached down to ruffle Vera's hair a little. It wasn't often he saw her jealous of the attention others were getting, but he certainly wouldn't leave her out of things. He had that much power, at least.

"One game won't hurt. But no cheating this time, mm?"

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Tag:

"You shot me first!" Vera was quick to point out to her father, even though she'd have shot him whether or not he did. Valery just chuckled and glanced at Alicio, knowing he wouldn't back out of a little game either with his son. Just one more before calling this a successful day.

"Alright one more, but I'm also playing this time." Valery grinned and pushed the stroller with triplets along while they looked for a new game to play. Something that wouldn't spark another war on Ukatis for once.

"We could try the game where you have to throw balls into a basket?" Valery asked. "...or does it need to involve shooting something?" She smiled sheepishly and Vera just giggled. The young Noble would be happy with anything she could get competitive over.

"Do you have any preferences, Alicio?"

Cora held out a steady hand in an apologetic gesture as the Twi'lek startled. Her attention dropped to the purring kit in the woman's arms and she smiled.

"It's a lovely sign that he feels so safe around you this quickly. If you found him alone on the street, it is possible that he's a stray. You won't need any papers in that case, but I'd take him to Sylvania-" she motioned to the plump, cheerful middle aged woman tending to the racyon pen "-before leaving just to ensure that he's healthy. He might need routine vaccinations as well."

The racyons were a bigger hit than she imagined, even if some of them were unused to grabby baby hands.

"My name is Cora, by the way. I'm glad to see members of the New Jedi Order here—both Ukatis and the Alliance are close to my heart, and I'd love for them to be on good terms with one another."

As she spoke, Cora reached down to stroke one of the racyon cubs in the pen, scratching the little creature behind its ears as it purred. After exchanging a mutual glance with Sylvania, she tucked the kit into her arms for a cuddle.

"I had a pet racyon growing up, but I'm thinking of—oh!"

Not wanting to remain still, the adventurous kit wriggled from her arms and dashed onto the street—or almost, if he had not been distracted by the brilliant colors of Miss Terallo's gown. Entranced, the racyon pawed curiously at the pleats of her skirt.

Ryana mina Ryana mina Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Desric Terassi Desric Terassi

I smile and nod in approval as Desric Terassi Desric Terassi seems delighted in the idea of visiting New Cov. And to hear that he also answers to a Board is very interesting indeed! I have yet to come across that outside of New Cov before.

"It is settled then. We should plan a visit soo--"

I suddenly cut off my words as one of those rycon creatures is doing something to my dress. Does it want to rip it to shreds? Oh I certainly hope not!

I step back quickly, using my fan to try to gently push it away. I am not at all used to such encounters. "Shoo. Go find another dress to play with, please. Go on now." It is not as though I am heartless. I am merely unaccustomed to animals. The ones on New Cov are not at all friendly in any manner.

Tag: Desric Terassi Desric Terassi Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
It seemed the Nobles were down for one last game. Alicio hefted August up to his face, regarding the boy with a raised eyebrow. "What do you think? One game?" The baby Organa babbled something in return, assumedly an affirmative. The Count nodded, before scanning the immediate area, looking for an event for the two Jedi families to enjoy.

Lying forgotten at the edge of the road was a pair of boards, each propped up by a wedge, each with a singular hole at the head. A small pile of bean bags rested to their side. Alicio found a hint of a smile. "Okay. Here's my wager."

"Cornhole. Not sure how the teams shake out, but perhaps the loser has to go shopping for gifts the winning team's children."
He smirked, realizing, perhaps, that if it was just him against two Jedi Masters, he would have to start dreaming up gift ideas for triplets very soon.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ohh? A wager? Kahlil reached up to rub at his chin in thought. It wasn't a bad bet, and one he certainly agreed to. But how would the teams have to be shaped up? August wasn't old enough to really play given the stakes, so then.. Ah. He flashed a grin, reaching down to pat the top of Vera's head. She wanted to play one last game. There were only two frames. And Valery and Kahlil had the most children as it was.

So, naturally;

"I believe a one on one would be most fair. Vera against you, Alicio. She's been keeping up with her training so I'm more than confident enough for her to represent the Nobles in this."

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery grinned at the idea Alicio pitched, but got even more excited when her husband nudged Vera forward to represent the Nobles. Vera just blinked at first, then looked at her father and smiled wide. He believed she could play on behalf of the whole family? That really made her bounce up and down, so she was quick to step forward and shoot a challenging grin in Alicio's direction.

"No cheating and have fun! Those are the rules," she said with a big nod.

Valery looked proudly at Kahlil, and squeezed his hand before she walked over to the triplets. One by one, she gently placed them on the ground, and set up the game for them too. Not that they'd really play seriously, but giving Nobles a chance to throw stuff at a hole in a plank, and they'd definitely... throw stuff, at the very least.

"Maybe August wants to play along?" she asked, as she glanced over at Alicio. "I can watch them while you and Vera play."

Either way, Vera stepped up with her first bean bag, stuck her tongue out a little because of how much she focused, and tossed the bag right towards the hole! Sadly, it didn't go all the way through, but she had scored her first point. "Your turn!"

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
"I believe a one on one would be most fair. Vera against you, Alicio. She's been keeping up with her training so I'm more than confident enough for her to represent the Nobles in this."

Alicio knew a political trap when he heard one. He'd be lying if he said his ego wasn't a little bruised at the idea that the adults thought Vera would be a good challenge for him. Even worse, he knew he couldn't seriously try to beat her- she'd nearly revolted on Pasaana at the idea of not getting a toy.

But he couldn't back down, not when the little Noble seemed so excited at the idea. So Alicio smiled at Vera, and nodded. "I accept your terms."

Valery offered to watch August, which Alicio found a smile at. "Alright. Just... be careful with him. He's going to try to eat one of the bean bags." The Count found an endeared smirk. "I've forseen it." Alicio placed August next to Aeryn. The little Mirialan boy squealed, immediately beginning to inch his way towards a bag. He looked up at Valery, as if to check to see how sneaky he was being, before continuing to rock his way forward.

Alicio turned back to his own challenge, giving Vera an encouraging smile as she threw. "Not bad, Noble. But not as good as... this! Hwoapow!" The Count, having secretly already palmed a bean bag, whipped it behind his back at the board, striking an overly-dramatic pose.

Of course he missed the platform entirely. All he wanted to do with his first throw and funny noise was make Vera laugh.

Last edited:

Suddenly Ko felt pretty anxious over the proposition. Could he do that? Can a padawan choose their master, and in such a spontaneous manner? Or was it the other way around? The Cathar woman didn’t really seem to know either. Ko’s mind raced some with questions and what ifs. What if she thought his combative skills were lackluster and regretted being paired with him. Would she wanna take back her decision, and would that hurt his reputation? If so, what would other potential mentors think? “Umm… I uhhh…” Ko wasn’t sure what to say.

He already feared some might see him as a wash up for his time spent in the agricrops, would that just be compounded if he was a bad fit for the Jedi knight. Ko didn’t even know the Cathar woman’s name or what kind of Jedi she was. What if she was a Jedi Shadow, could Ko work well with someone who has that kind of specialization?

He’d always wanted to learn under a mentor but now that it seemed that there was an offer he was flooded with doubt. Although the mask he wore hid his expressions his body language and feelings betrayed how nervous he felt. Now calm and collected Ko was filled with apprehension. “I-I am uh… not really sure… right now. Um.” The Kel Dor looked around some at others as if asking what to do before finally taking a step back. “S-Sorry… excuse me.” Ko then turned and walked away from those he was with to try and collect himself but also not feel like such an awkward fool in front of his peers. Still confused why he felt like this over something so simple. The closest thing to it was some performance anxiety he felt while on a mission with Master Noble.

“S-Sorry… excuse me.”

"Ko-" Loomi began to call out, but it was far too late for that.

Her friend had wandered off. What had happened. One moment he had been all confidence and charisma, then the next he was falling apart. The Godoan's heart sank a little. Should she try to go after him? Did he need time alone? That internal conflict alone made her head spin, let alone what she would actually say.

"I-I... think I should go," she finally decided. "I-it was nice to meet you all."

With that all said she'd at least attempt to follow Ko. She had to say something, right?

Jonyna couldn't help but look a little disappointed. She really hoped he'd say yes. Was this just her luck? To learn under her would be a prospect she'd hope would be a good one... She let out a sigh as she looked down to her new pet, the little racyon she had adopted. "Do you think I'm a bad teacher Guffy?"

The kit only seemed to chitter in response.

Maybe she'd go check out what other jedi were doing here. She didn't really know anymore...

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Don't hold back," Vera said with a big nod. She wasn't too young to understand that adults were often going easy on her, but she wanted this to be fun too! As much as she loved the idea of winning her siblings some toys, Alicio also wanted toys for his kids, right? It almost made her conflicted, and she even considered letting him win over it.

But she wouldn't be a Noble if she didn't try her best in a little competition.

"Eat the bean bag?" Valery blinked and glanced at her husband as if to say help. There were so many of them, and with the triplets joining in on the fun, she needed a bit of help to watch over them. Especially when she noticed August already going for a bean bag. To play along, Valery first pretended to not see him, but at the last moment, she got closer as if she was playing peekaboo, and made some silly face while she took the little bean bag.

Kahlil, however, would notice something else escalating. Aeryn, in all of her frustration with her brother after he took the bean bag she wanted, grabbed a different one and threw it at Adam with a big Bwah!

At the same time, the game continued for Vera, and after she managed to score her first point, she watched Alicio miss the board while he made a funny sound. Vera giggled loud as a result, and jumped up and down twice, "Aliciooo!" she exclaimed, before she tossed another bag towards the plank, again scoring just one point.

"You can do this!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Alicio had fallen victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous of which was 'never start a land war on Manda'lore', but the one only slightly less well known was 'never make a bet with a Sith Prince.' Kahlil had no issue putting people in political traps, and it showed by the slight grin on his face. That, and Vera certainly seemed like she was going to have a lot of fun with it. So he shifted beside Valery, reaching down to help keep the attention of the triplets with a slight grin.

He caught the beanbag that was thrown, glancing between the two with a slight shake of his head.

"I think Aeryn is going to take after you, love."

4XjHmkg.png

Ukatis Harvest Festival
- Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble - Valery Noble Valery Noble -
Alicio smirked down at Vera as his throw had the intended effect, making the little girl laugh at him. She threw again, another decent point, earning a nod and a whistle from the Count. "Good. Very good" When he was her age, Alicio probably wouldn't have even hit the board yet.

"You can do this!"

He couldn't toss another silly one. Not while Vera was cheering him on. Alicio nodded at her, narrowing his eyes at his target, and lobbing a bean bag underhanded. It sailed high in the air, before landing at the lip of the hole, just barely keeping it's balance above-board. One point, but the slightest knock would cause it to tumble in, earning him three.

Alicio smirked, before fattening his smile towards Vera, genuine support shining through. "Alright. Show me what you've got, Jedi!"

Meanwhile, August's stealthy pounce on his next attempted meal was interrupted by Valery. He squealed in surprise and delight as Val made a face at him, already forgetting about the bean bag taken out of sight. But just as soon as he was distracted by Val, he was once again distracted by Aeryn's mad throw towards Adam. Scooting around as best he could, the little Lord made an animated 'buh-buh-buh' sound at her, ocean-blue eyes shining with concern.

Then, after congratulating himself for his meaningful conversation, he craned his neck up at Kahlil, slack-jawed and with bulging eyes. August made grasping motions at him, asking to be picked up by the tall man.

Ukatis
div-orange.png
Tag:

"I think Aeryn is going to take after you, love."

Valery shot him a glare, picked up a bean bag and tossed it at his face. She didn't care that she was just proving his point now - he deserved it, and Aeryn's loud squealing and happy clapping showed that the little Noble agreed. But she did seem to get a little upset over August's babbling, and to make things worse, he wanted her dad to pick him up. Luckily, dad was strong enough for two little ones, so Aeryn held up her own grabby hands towards her father.

If August was getting picked up, so was she.

Meanwhile, Vera was having the time of her life playing a game with Alicio. He had scored three points, putting himself one point above the young Noble, but Vera didn't care. She loved it, and it showed in the way she proudly smiled at him. But she had also noticed the quietest of the three triplets looking at her big sister with admiration. So, rather than tossing another bag herself, Vera picked up Aurra, handed her the bean bag, and brought her a little closer.

"You can do it, Aurra!" Vera exclaimed, and with a bwah from the youngest, the bean bag landed on the plank! "Yay! You did it!" Vera exclaimed to support her little sister, who seemed to love every second of it as well. But she was now tied with Alicio, and he still had to throw another time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom