Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Technology Factory Has Been Temporarily Shutdown

Enigma said:
May as well let you have a look then. Such has happened, and it and its aftermath causes a lot of people trouble. I would reference Weedkiller, and how a single person can force someone to rebuild their entire company from Tier 1, but Guy is long gone.
Stop stealing designs?

I dunno.

1d38007b_tumblr_lh52r8FFry1qhwx3io1_500.gif

Nothing to see here, move along.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

...I didn't... Even explained such. Didn't matter in the end. Point is, if you're big, so long as you keep other from being big, you're where you want to be.

[member="LLP-850"]
Your signature is creeping me out.

I think the problem with the factory and technology/ships in particular is the drift in attitude relating to it from writers and judges in particular.

In theory the factory should be used to balance unfair and rare items and prevent them causing RPing issues. Rare and unique crystals, armour able to withstand lightsabres, spaceships with cloaking shields. It should be used for items which are both potentially disruptive and sufficiently rare so as not to require much manpower to judge.

Instead, the tech factory in particular has become the place where everything that is going to be used in an RP must be submitted. Indeed it is becoming expected by both writers and judges that everything they see in an RP must have a rubber stamp on it, or they will call it out. This quibbling, this incessant need to categorise everything is why the factory is closed. It has become a sickness, a crutch which judges and writers have come to rely upon. It has also been a convenient way to discourage (intentionally or not) spontaneity since one must go through a dev thread, a submission and an approval by two pairs of hands before something can be used. This takes, usually, multiple days at least.

The factory has become a prop for too many. When it comes back I hope it is used for what it was intended for; to police game-breaking items, not to submit mundane and trivial items just so they are there as a pre-emptive strike.

Talon Vosra

T
[member="HK-36"]
HK-36 said:
[member="Salem Norongachi"],

True story, my space-pilot character once sparked a spontaneous musical number with Gammorreans to distract a Sith and allow some scientist to escape Gamorr.

So kinda emotional tie to Gamorr, but nobody really likes Geonosia :p Too crawly
I still killed him in the end...oops.

So 4 pages down and only Fatty seems to agree with me on the idea of organizing the approved Factory tech.

For a better equivalent, if the Internet is down, and you need to use the library, the books there are organized. I've never been to a library where all the books are in one giant pile in the middle of the floor and the librarian gives you a scuba mask and says, "Good luck in there."

If you're looking for volunteers, I offer myself as tribute to get this done, so that even if the Factory is open or closed, we can dig through everything easier.

Valiens Nantaris said:
The factory has become a prop for too many. When it comes back I hope it is used for what it was intended for; to police game-breaking items, not to submit mundane and trivial items just so they are there as a pre-emptive strike.
/me goes to his corner and cries.

Though I just remembered I was lying a bit in my last post. My stuff aren't completely useless, but they have only very little effects or are only minorly used for something which would need the Factory.

I believe they don't have to go through the Factory, but then we'd have to go in detail of why do I make these items after all... *shudders*

[member="Darth Realmstream"] That is an AMAZING analogy, and I completely agree. I know of literally a handful of people who actually actively search through that pile, and the rest basically assume that something similar to what they want simply isn't going to be in there when it likely is, so they just make something "new" and "unique".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom