Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Impossible Hour | GA Populate of Walalla

// OUTRIDER // Defacto Senator for Euforns Major
// LOCATION // Chancellors Office, Courscant
// OBJECTIVE // SILENT AVENGER
// THEME //
Warriors

LlDDs0A.png
The tall man smiled, unexpectedly, as Praji did the most selfless thing one could. "As governor and representative of the people of the Eufornis System, I offer you my full throated supported, and if necessary defense" Politics didn't matter here, not anymore. If Tithe found himself under attack in the media, whose biases where often represented clearly, he would defend him. For now, at least.

"We have been through much, the lot of us" He admitted, the reality of the death toll finally sinking in, "but we cannot afford to apper weak in the face of this grave threat. I can tell you know, Eufornis calls for immediate action to reinforce the border. The matter of Senator Fossk's identity is another matter entirely, one even I cannot even begin to comprehend"

"As for Minister Praji's earlier statements..." He intently allowed his voice to trail off, giving time for the gathered Senators to make a decision. "I would like to nominate the Minister herself"

"The time for unity is at hand. The leadership of Chancellor Chandra and yourself reminds us that no matter how different, no matter how disparate we may be, we can all work together" Difference was the key point of that statement, as the supported policies of Praji and Tithe were far apart. Someone who could easily defeat in an election, if it came to that. "No matter what decision you make or what you make it, I'll support it"

"But the business of government must continue"

He paused. "I suggest against any overt attempt to close our borders, or slow immigration or trade. The majority of our territory is, presumably, secure and thus we should focus mitigation efforts within this sector. Deployment of soldiers to the lower levels will be vital to combating any stragglers or marauders still present. I should note, the Eufornisan Self-Defense Force stands ready to assists the GADF is necessary"

"I also believe the Senate should lift the quarantine of the Jedi immediately. It is clear, we have been deceived. Surely no one disagrees that the measure was nothing more than an opportunity for the Sith to strike at the vast Order? I do believe the Jedi responsible for the crimes on Korriban should be dealt with, as well as the murderers"

ally_banner.png

Bernard looked to her, and then his eyes trailed to Taiia, who was beside her, linked by their hands. She caught what he was trying to say. While the woman beside her was an ally to the Alliance, Allyson chose to respect the man's request. Nodding, she led Taiia out of the room and shut the door behind her. Prying eyes would only cause problems if they saw what the Spymaster was going to do.

Allyson released Taiia's hand and dug into her pocket again. The small droid appeared, and once again, with a simple touch, it opened, revealing the second memory stick. "It's a copy of our archives. The same thing I handed Aeris." She spoke quietly, staying close to her former lover. "With what happened, any knowledge would help you and Kyyrk with your investigations." Pulling the thumb drive from the droid, she placed it into Taiia's hand. "It's the least I can do."

Silence fell between them, and Allyson waited for something, anything that told her that she had been making a mistake. How she left, why she left, and how Allyson would live her life knowing that even after breaking this woman's heart - Taiia still showed up when she needed her. Hesitating, she leaned in out of habit. Allyson stopped a breath away from Taiia and then stepped back. There was nothing more to say; apologizing again would just belittle the Obsidian Lord.

The talking already had started back up when she eventually slipped into the room. Aeris and Bernard bringing up the war crimes the NJO had committed, reminding Dagon and Batman of why the Senate didn't question the house arrest. What followed didn't surprise the Corellian, Dagon like many others in this group of Knights, all followed the same rhetoric. They were all crusaders, vigilant in eradicating the dark side. It weighed on the Master, once before she was the same. The short-sightedness of the crusade only led its warriors to one path, the path they fought to destroy.

"Those who committed the crimes," Allyson glanced to Bernard then to Aeris, "have paid their price." Those crimes caused her to lose one of her best allies, one of her closest friends, and the reason she had come back. Talking about it did nothing but open old wounds and drive further the desire for obliteration.

"What is being said is true. We need to take care of our own, gather our forces and rebuild. If we linger too long in this festering wound left by the Sith - we're only going to lose more." Her features grew stern, annoyed with the word choice from the young Knight about the Sith. "Do not categorize them that way, mentally ill. You're preaching a stigma that would only cause panic and suspicion. When those emotions run rampant, the Sith have already won." Allyson heavily doubted Dagon or the other one would even bother listening. In their minds, she was like the other Masters that had scattered after the fall of the Last Alliance. She had her reasons, those of which they would never be privy to.

"Bernard, we need to reach out to our allies. The Silvers, any rogue Jedi we have connections to - ties," she hesitated with her following words knowing that while on paper the Confederacy was an ally - she wondered how the Jedi felt about them. "Even the Confederacy," Allyson waited to gauge the reaction from the room.

"The woman I was with - she's one of their Obsidian Lords; I wouldn't be standing here with you without her or one of their Obsidian Knight's help. Right now, we need friends more than we need more enemies."

C9hnAtd.jpg

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective: Deceived
Equipment: REC-EVS/01 "Sohei" - Pattern Electro-Vibrosword (Removed and Given to the Senate Guards)
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

The situation throughout the Senate building was abysmal, the morale among most of the staff appeared terribly low. Seto’s eyes jumped from one person to the next as he took in their fearful expression, flames of anger in their eyes, but perhaps the most palpable; the realization of their mortality. Coruscant had maintained a considerable amount of time of stability, the sackings of Coruscant was such a distant memory to many. And yet even with the great fleets of the Galactic Defense Force, the billions of lightyears that stood between any aggressor faction from Coruscant, it all mattered for naught.

Seto continued to move quickly through the hallways to reach the Chancellor’s office, passing by several Senate Guards that demanded for his sheathed weapon. The young Du Couteau heir obeyed without protest as he scanned his credentials before walking through the doors and into the Chancellor’s office.

The room was already filled with many delegates, Senators and representatives that were eager to push ahead with new policy and action. With the Chancellor in critical condition, And her mental-state questioned with unspoken words, Vice-Chancellor Tithe had assumed the role of acting Chancellor. Already there were murmurs and rumors circulating the halls of the Senate building, some spoke of how the Corporatist interests were dulled by Chancellor Chandra and now the Corporatist Party would be unchallengeable and run amok. Chancellor Frakinn Tithe son. Seto was amused by the imagination but reality was often duller when it came to politics.

Listening to the others express their worries, condolences and later plans to move ahead and provide stability, Seto wasn’t sure if there was an error in not inviting a Public Relations advisor. The Intelligence Agency Director’s question on choosing between revenge upon the Maw or apologizing and reforging relations with the Jedi Order was poignant. And perhaps the second most important question is how to handle either choice.

“If I may,” Seto began, his hands gesturing around him, “-We haven’t yet brought a solution to the Chancellor’s inquiry for a statement to the people. . . And in my opinion what we need is a spectacle.” He continued as he nodded once towards Chancellor Tithe, “And we have a perfect chance to introduce such a spectacle that can change the focus of the citizens' feeling of powerlessness and show them they still have power to change something, anything.”

Seto turned to the others gathered in the room before landing back on Chancellor Tithe, “-Instead of swearing fealty like nobles, or conspiring behind closed doors, we should give the voters a chance to choose their Vice-Chancellor. A sort of special election, something to fill the air-time with instead of more despair and misery, to show the voters they still have a working government that serves them.” Seto explained.

“Plus, this will allow us more time to deal with our relations with the Jedi in private, figure out an appropriate press response to our attempts to reforge the alliance between the Order and ourselves. . . and craft a convincing narrative for the betrayal of a once Senator.” Seto added, his words switching back to the bureaucratic reality of the governance and how it operated. After all, everyone here spoke in words never meant to be uttered outload.

|| Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn | IVI IVI | Mirana Praji Mirana Praji | Veles Oshu Veles Oshu | Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr ||

5m5qOKV.png

The transport leading the crusaders down to the depths of Coruscant felt strangely cold, or perhaps even dead. Many had their wills shattered in the wake of the Maw's vicious attack upon the planet. Among the ashes of despair, Heinrich would find himself strangely vindicated. It was the Alliance that had failed. It was the closed minds of senators that had placed his Jedi brethren in captivity, and thus allowed their temple to come to utter ruin. He knew that, for all of the chaos, those of the Crusade that were present did what they could.

He kept silent for a while as Geiseric Geiseric spoke. There had been times that Cedric had confided in Heinrich, and in doing so, he had revealed many things to him. He placed a hand on Geiseric's shoulder, his heart heavy with the news that he knew would either shatter or bolster the man.

"Geiseric... I know not how to tell this to you, but Kaigann's betrayal was not completely unseen. Lord Grayson anticipated such an act, and yet, felt that the government that ousted him and his ilk would never see it as such. It pains me, it truly does, but I can not say that I disagree with that sentiment."

He hated feeling like he was keeping secrets from his comrades... no, his friends... and yet, there were many things that had yet been left unsaid.

"All that we can say now, brother, is that at least our cries of warning will now be heard. Long have we sought to help the galaxy understand the true threat of the Bogan, and though it hurts to have it come to this... should the galactic powers finally see the cost of such ignorance, then perhaps we yet stand a chance against the powers of darkness."

The craft continued its descent, and Heinrich's voice grew louder; just enough for the rest of those in the dropship to catch his words.

"All of us have felt our faith waver. All of us have felt the pull of hopelessness upon us, and though our enemies knock at the very gates of what we hold dear, there is but one utter truth."

He took his hand away from Geiseric, now fully addressing the entire dropship filled with fellow crusaders.

"This attack has done nothing but to vindicate our beliefs. If nothing else, the power of the Bogan is as strong as ever, and it is up to us, the faithful, to see it fully eradicated. This will likely not be the final tragedy inflicted upon the galaxy, but nevertheless, we will fight. We will continue to stand in defiance of this blight upon the innocent, for it is the will of Ashla."

Heinrich was, in truth, unsure of how effective his words would be, but nevertheless, he would do his best to maintain morale.

5m5qOKV.png

templegif.gif

Coruscant, Jedi Temple Ruins
Circle Chambers

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor // Black Mynock Black Mynock // Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze // Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec // Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor // Allyson Locke Allyson Locke

kwzlsmL.png

Aelys, the name was familiar though distantly. Bernard nodded to him and Dagon, with a stern but grateful expression. He'd heard the name Aelys before, though he couldn't remember where or when. The man had certainly been with the New Jedi Order, however, and had Dagon vouching for him. That would be enough.

Though what he and Dagon said about Senator Tithe was true, the man had served the Sith for some time, he'd left their service, defecting to the Alliance, and had since proven himself a loyal and dedicated citizen of the Alliance. Casting further accusations about collusion with shattered Sith remnants, or worse a band of marauding cultists, was simply ludicrous. Though the man could be unscrupulous at times, he was dedicated to civilization, at least, not the barbarism of the Brotherhood.

If the Jedi wanted more autonomy they had to step away from the Alliance in official capacities. During the founding of the government, the Jedi had been intimately involved in its creation, and had thus been embedded into their systems and organizations. However, they had merely been a rag-tag group of individuals then, united by sheer force of charisma and a common cause, to destroy the Sith Empire. Now they were a proper Order, with a council, dozens of members, and a future to consider. They couldn't afford to be children swinging around their blades at anything that reeked of dark side, but in the same vein they couldn't remain divided by extensive allegiances to institutions outside the Order, not if they wanted to be unified as one. To claim to be one whole, but to have each individual place their loyalties elsewhere, it simply wouldn't work. Not anymore.

He nodded gratefully to Allyson as she led the complete stranger out of the chambers. What had she been thinking bringing her in the first place? These were the Chambers of the Council, not a lounging cantina. It was a time of turmoil in the temple, but certain protocol still needed to be followed. He sighed. He was being too hard on her, though. Everyone else had burst in the same way, unannounced, crashing the gathering of the Circle and throwing them into even further chaos. Their actions were understandable, given the circumstances. They had all come intending the best for the Order. Anger, grief, frustration, it was all aimed toward preventing such loss of life from happening again. To that end, what Master Vanagor said rang true. They had to make certain those barrels were pointed at the enemy, not their allies.

He didn't wince when she returned and mentioned their crimes again. It was as she said. He'd paid his due, Force he was still paying it. And he would continue, until his last dying breath. It was the least he could do, he'd made his peace with that. The step they would take next was another one in making amends. He nodded in acknowledgement of her points. Allies, and aid, would be needed in the coming days, as the true extent of damage to Coruscant was uncovered. It would be arrogant to turn away help when it was offered, however, with the open betrayal they'd suffered, again, taking the aid of everyone who offered was foolish, also. They needed to rely on people they could trust.

He turned to Allyson, "We need to be careful in dealing with the Confederacy. I cannot take the word of one Obsidian Lord and forget all they have done," the Confederacy had been in league with the Sith Empire almost until the bitter end. It was a truth that was difficult to forget.

"If they prove to us that they are trustworthy and that we can rely on them to stand with us rather than against us, then I will consider their aid more closely, but as it stands, I cannot in good conscience allow them a hand in our affairs. Not with our history and not after the breach of trust and betrayal we have just suffered. For now, we must rely on our own and those we can trust, like the Silvers, first and foremost," he said glancing to Aeris to know her opinion on the matter.

"Master Vanagor, could you speak to the Silver Jedi on our behalf? If my memory serves me right, you have ties with them, and our two Orders have fought and bled side by side these past years. You've witnessed the suffering we face here first-hand. After we have decided on our next step, I would be grateful if we could devise some ways in which the Silver Jedi might aid the people of the Alliance going forward," he said to the Master, appreciative of the man's kind offer and wise words of encouragement.

"Master Lashiec, Master Locke, Knight—I mean, Dag, Aelys. You each make good points. We need rebuild, we need to bring the fight to the Sith, we are too entrenched in the political systems of the Alliance, we need greater autonomy. I agree with all of you on those points.

"We, as an Order, have been divided in our loyalties to the various institutions of the Alliance. I was bound by the Marshal's laws, the Treicolts had owed their loyalty to the GADF, Auteme stood with one foot in the Senate and the other in the Council, Master Locke is sworn into the SIA. There are many other Jedi who are similarly divided in their duties. I believe you are right to say, Dag, that we must, ultimately, choose who it is we serve.

"I agree with Master Lashiec, and propose that we, as Knights of the New Jedi Order, withdraw from our official posts within the Alliance, and swear our loyalty undivided to the ideals of the Jedi. The Jedi need to stand on their own legs. We will fight for the people of the Alliance, but not because we follow a law that demands we do so, but because we are Jedi and we choose to defend those who cannot as it is our duty to do so."

He turned to look at the burning skyline of Coruscant. Plumes of smoke rose from shattered buildings. The sky was thick with ash, burning an apocalyptic orange where sky met city on the distant horizon.

"It is a duty that we cannot carry out so long as we stand apart, each divided. We are Jedi. Our duty as Jedi is one we must choose above all else."

Last edited:

Aelys looked on past the immediate room to the destruction outside, as Dagon spoke. Listening had never been a thing he had been good at. Sitting there quiet while someone else refuting his claim. He was prone to action, to not sit still, but to rebuke them and the actions they had taken in the past. It was why he so often ignored, or mocked Silvers the first chance he got. They were an easy target, and thus easy to disregard with references to their past and their repeated failings.

It only took him till now, to recognize that they were much the same, this younger, New Jedi Order.

It was better to not dwell in the past, no matter how fresh the wounds. Coruscant burned, Jedi were slain, but there was still an Order. Still a Council that for the most part, seemed ready to lead, and was accepting of his and Dagon's ham-fisted course correction. Without even realizing it, he found himself nodding along with what most people said.

Even the Silver Master Caltin, surprisingly.

From the names spoken, Aelys was beginning to put faces to names. Bernard the Arkanian, Aeris -- the blonde one, Locke, another Jedi Master the brunette. He faintly recalled Aaran Tafo had at one point been a Councilor, but he was nowhere to be seen. Reaching his free hand up to scratch the back of his head, he parted from Dagon, moving to his once Master's seat and stood in front of it.

Placing his helmet down into the cushion gently, he turned back to Bernard as he referred to him.

"It wouldn't do, I think, uh, to disappear entirely. Right? They overreached and interfered with the inner workings of the Order -- the Senate I mean." Painstakingly avoiding to levy further accusations on them. "The people that live here still need us though, even if we part from the Alliance's, uh, ecosystem," he said offering the slightest of nods to Aeris as he recalled her wording. "We should leave, yeah, but not entirely. People look to us, to Jedi for leadership and protection. We can't entirely abandon being advisors and warriors on the battlefield, but we can further that distance -- let them know they do not control us."

At least, as long as they didn't have official positions.

"What I'm saying is, after we're done here, rebuilding -- We should move. There's Temples, Enclaves, all over the Galaxy. Even the Prosperity is a better choice than being tethered here to Coruscant. Us being locked up, in the beating heart of the Alliance's system should not, and cannot happen again."

templegif.gif

THE IMPOSSIBLE HOUR
THE GREAT ERROR vol. II
Issue #1

kwzlsmL.png
Criminally insane psychopaths - would any sane person do what the Sith had done in their long history of bloodshed and genocide? would any sane person do what had been done here today? Alas, it was not a hill Dagon would die on. Not today, at least.

Aeris then went on to further clarify Dag's meaning of shackles. A very thin, barely visible smile curved at his lips. Its meaning was simple - yes. The raven-haired Jedi Knight had never grown any ties with the Alliance in any official capacity. He had never been a military officer, neither had he ever been a federal cop, nor had he stood on the Senate as a representative.

All he ever was, all he had ever been was just a Jedi. Nothing more, nothing less.

That wouldn't change even if the Order rejected taking a similar direction as his.

He lifted an eyebrow in surprise to hear that it was Bernard who shared a supportive sentiment. The Arkanian had been a Fed for as long as Dag remembered and only recently he'd enlisted officially into the Defence Force. A nod of approval was all he gave his white-haired friend, preferring to remain silent as the rest shared their thoughts.

Next came Aelys, shuffling slowly to where once his mentor - the Sword of the Jedi - had sat. The Thyrsian's words squeezed his heart. Coruscant. It had been all and everything for them. The empty seat only further sharpened the sorrow clawing within. Earlier, Aelys and Dag had met in the derelict underground levels of the Temple where the latter had sent a call for aid on Jedi frequencies. There, the two had plotted as memories as old as time resurfaced when Ryv, Aelys, and Dagon had first met right there chasing Mad Imp. This is the best day in my life, these words still echoed from a lifetime age as he glared at the vacant seat.

"Shouldn't disappear, no. Especially not from here after what had just happened. This is the heart of the galaxy, a Jedi's presence must be maintained. We should always be within reach." he shook his head, narrowing his eyes. He'd become that watchful presence over Denon and despite all the setbacks, there had been some progress. Coruscant cannot be left to the sharks.

Auteme Auteme Black Mynock Black Mynock Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

[Flight Officer Qellene Tyliame]
[Revenant Squadron -- Callsign: "Revenant Ten"]
[Coruscant's Godsforsaken Surface - Celchu Starfighter Base]

“Though I must say, I find it highly irregular that someone serving under an officer as exacting as Commander Chaar should be caught wearing a uniform out of regulation!”

She was too nervous to catch the tinge of humor in the major general's voice, and as such, Qellene began to frantically look up and down her uniform, searching. Oh lords. He had brought her up to embarrass her. Seven years of military service, and she'd be caught in a uniform violation!

But nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary...

Sheepishly, the flight officer's eyes scanned back up to her superior's own. Then widened. Her jaw dropped as the major general drew a pair of grey squares from his pockets. For a moment, she caught the small red circle centered on each. Rank Insignia. They were a flight lieutenant's marks. And he was giving them to her...

Qellene stood still as a statue, situated firmly in an at-ease posture as the new patches appeared where the originals had once rested. Out of courtesy, she managed a small smile. But slowly, her expression began to sour, struck by the negativity in a sudden onslaught of unprocessed emotion. Starting with fear. For Starfighter Command had placed her on a higher pedestal, judged her to be a worthy recipient of promotion. But when the moment came that she finally faltered in her duties, failed their expectations, failed the Alliance, what then?
Anger. Qellene hadn't been consulted, nor forewarned; maybe then she'd be able to decline in private. No one else would have to know. But if she elected to refuse here, in front of so many colleagues, what would they think of her then? And if the flight officer- lieutenant-- the rank still felt unnatural to her mind-- waited to revoke her promotion, that would catch more attention among Revenant Squadron. And how could she possibly explain such an action to them?

Her tightly-pressed eyes opened once she felt the Gran's hands being drawn from her uniform, and back to his sides.

"Thank you, sir," Qellene spoke the words without a tinge of a stutter, without a clue of nervousness. No, the emotion remained confined to her expression.

Click. The metallic heels of her boots clashed against the ground as Qellene snapped to attention. Her hand positioned itself in a crisp salute, the tremble went away. And the flight lieutenant's once erratic breathing now dropped to a more manageable, regular pace.

Suddenly, Qellene blinked, and her gaze wavered from the major general; began to once more betray nervousness as she focused on both Tren Chaar Tren Chaar and Leon Gallo Leon Gallo . Even from the head of the platform, she could read the roughly suppressed hostility in the commander's eye.

"Permission to step down, sir?" Qellene turned her eyes quickly back to the general, hopefully before he could notice. The feud was Revenant Squadron's problem, she didn't need to attract any more attention to it, much less the notice of a flag officer.

Leon Gallo Leon Gallo , Tren Chaar Tren Chaar , Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva

templegif.gif

THE IMPOSSIBLE HOUR
BORN TO RULE vol. I
Issue #4

RP8v3dL.png

“Konrad,” Ishida opened her eyes, expressionless and distant once more.

“Why the New Imperials? Is it because of your father?”
His legacy? “Because it’s the path you were raised for?”

Eyes and mouth opened wide at her sudden and unexpected question, "Err-uh—" Konrad stammered, taken back before that signature frown burst on his face once more.

Almost as if it was a facade he could pull down.

"—the Empire is but the only entity capable of ushering the galaxy into a New Age. It is merely an alignment of ideals and agenda with the Axis of Shadows. That is my legacy and not my father's, Ishida. You would do well to remember this next time you choose to utter such jejune nonsense. Hmph." he crossed his arms and pulled his chin up.

With haste, he had to deflect and evade being the target of such intolerable inquisition, "It is you who has been foolishly raised to believe that the Jedi are the key to bringing peace and prosperity to the galaxy when they are nothing more than just a hollow charade."

"And look, see how fickle their foundations are..." a gesture was thrown at the ruins ahead, then the Demon's Head's eyes fixated on her,

"... we want the same thing, Ishida, and it is not too late to re-evaluate the choices that had been made for you." the proposition was subtle but his wishes to appropriate her to the true way have hardly been ever a secret.

Ishida Ashina Ishida Ashina

Aeris had left Kai in the remains of the Halls of Healing, even though she was the one who really needed medical attention. Since there was nothing wrong with him, he had refused treatment and instead volunteered to help with the wounded. His duties consisted mainly of moving people and supplies around as needed.

He had just carried a badly burned victim of a Mawite flamethrower into intensive care when he first saw the Bright Knight.

Clad in his customary gray and blue costume, the Bright Knight returned his stare. He stood over by a window with his cape wrapped around him like a cloak. Even in the dim sunlight filtering through the smoke, he was a bright spot in the gloom.

<What are you doing here?> Kai asked. He had, after all, only ever seen the Bright Knight in animated holovids prior to this moment.

“The inmates at Azrael Asylum have escaped,” the Bright Knight replied. “I need someone to help me round them up, before they have a chance to wreak too much havoc. You fit the bill for a sidekick.”

<But what about—>

“Today is a school day for my usual helper,” the Bright Knight interrupted. “But from the looks of it, your school is currently out.”

Kai looked around at the smoldering wreckage of the Temple, and nodded grimly. Telepathically addressing the medical staff, he called out, <Sorry, something came up. I’ve got to go!>

When he turned around again, the Bright Knight was already outside, aiming a grapple at the building across the street. As he swung across, Kai was right behind him, extending a fleshy cord to wrap around a Coruscanti gargoyle, and shooting off like a rocket toward the horizon.

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Black Mynock Black Mynock Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo

This entire conversation had seemed so distant once. A great deal of nights had been spent fantasizing about it and Aeris would lie if she said none of them had quite played out like this. A separation from the Alliance, not in its entirety but because it limited who they could reach out to. It had nothing to do with being bound to the Alliance in particular, at least not beyond the fact that their deep entanglement had caused many to see them as little more than another piece of the Alliance puzzle.

They should have been part of the entire galaxy’s puzzle, not just this one piece bound to the core. So perhaps, despite Aelys’ clearly in some sort of thought over Ryv and where had once been seated, Aeris was able to agree with the man.

Even if it, admittedly, stung.

“Aelys has a point though.” Aeris said and extended her hand towards the skyline beyond the window. The skyline that was on fire. “This is not the heart of the galaxy, it is the heart of the Alliance. Naboo is the heart of the Confederacy, Kashyyyk is the heart of the Silver Jedi Coalition, the list goes on. There is no central heart of the galaxy, and tying ourselves down to this spot, this one building — it is insane.”

“If the New Jedi Order are meant to be beacons of light, why are we not out there where the ones we claim to inspire are? Why are we holding on to this forsaken tower that is nothing but an imitation of what was once considered sacred?”

The tower had, for all intents and purposes, been torn down and rebuilt time and time again.

EbHQULr.png

Heinrich Faust Heinrich Faust

THE IMPOSSIBLE HOUR
Geiseric listened to his friend address the knights. They mustered a cheer in response to his inspiring words, but it still felt half-hearted. For the Jedi descending into the depths of this hell, the Great Battle of Coruscant had been lost, but it wasn't over. They were all ready to lay their lives down again, such a short time after they had lost so much, and a few more of them no doubt would.

"You are a stirring speaker, Heinrich. I pray we can use that voice to sway opinions. After all it was we who put the nail in the Sith Empire's coffin after the Alliance failed. Perhaps the New Jedi will finally see that Lord Grayson was right all along, not just about Fossk, but about this entire war. They have just as much to blame on the Senate as we do." he sighed. The uncertainty towards the future that hung over them was crushing. But Heinrich's words were completely and utterly true: they had to keep on fighting. This was fight was all most of them knew, and all any of them could afford to know.

His mind wandered to Eina. Her exertion again had saved him, but left her wounded. There were few people he was close with, and there was no one he could say that he loved, yet the strange feeling that gripped him told him that if she were to die in this war his heart would break. He was fighting for so much: the living, the dead, those who needed to be avenged like the people of Ession. Yet the addition of one more name to the list... carried so much weight.

The ship touched down on a landing platform somewhere deep into the city, Geiseric hadn't been counting the floors they gone down. The pilot of the transport called back to the masters,
"Getting a message on a Jedi frequency sires, flagged as important. I'm patching it through to the loudspeakers."

"For anybody approaching the beacon, I advice caution. There are Sithspawn beasts in the streets. I've taken care of one in this area already but there may be more."

Geiseric didn't recognize the woman's voice as an Ashlan. She could have been NJO, SJC , or even Confederate for all he knew, in fact it put in to perspective for him just how detached he was from the other Jedi Orders of the galaxy. That realization only drove the points of their discussion further home.

"I suppose we should begin our hunt." he remarked to Heinrich as the doors of the transport opened into the stale air of the undercity.

TaiiaTop.png

Taiia watched Allyson as she pulled the drive from the droid and placed it gently into her hands, her eyes following it before moving quickly back to meet her eyes. "Thank you." the drive flashed into a brilliant blue and vanished from her hand at the same time she grasped Allyson's hand before she could turn around. Allyson was perhaps expecting yelling, screaming, and or crying but the Obsidian Lord was using the same matter-of-fact persona she wore with strangers that she normally used on others, not those who shared her bed. Equally as softly she spoke to the brunette. "Go do what you need to do, but we do need to talk. That you do owe me. But for now, you are needed by your people." she pulled the brunette toward her and kissed her softly on the lips before releasing her. "I'll be here when you are done." In her mind, there was the second part of that. "Just like I promised"

She watched her walk away into the chambers once more and the redhead leaned back against the wall before folding her arms across her chest. Perhaps she should have been angry but in the scheme of things amidst the dead and hurting. There was a time and a place for everything, this was not it. Closing her eyes she began to stretch her senses out across the temple. She sensed much anger. There was also fear and loss to be expected of such a tragedy. She exhaled as she opened her eyes and shook her head softly.

Her mind turned momentarily to Kyyrk who was likely already on his way to Naboo. His departure was preferable as the fewer in number the Confederacy had on Coruscant the less likely they would be to be swept up in the anger. Of course, even if that number was one, it was no guarantee. Still, there was no fear in her, she was ever the perfect picture of balance and within her existed both light and dark in equal measure yet neither pulled at her and neither ruled her.

New_GA1.png

templegif.gif

THE DECEIVED WARDEN
TO BRING A LIGHT TO THE DARKNESS
CORUSCANT | NEW JEDI ORDER TEMPLE | BASEMENT | DARK SIDE NEXUS

To fight ignorance through knowledge;
To act as the guardians of life;
To bring light to the darkness;
To serve others, rather than rule;
To always seek betterment;
To be the light in the dark

cj2JhgK.png

Was this what Leon Gallo Leon Gallo had foreseen?
Was this what had drawn a veil over Asmundr's connection to the future?

The infiltration and deception of the Sith over their powerful and influential allies?

Throughout the attack, Asmundr had tried to maintain a harmonizing tether to all those who were within the scope of the Jedi Temple. It had been a secondary objective, however, to ushering out and protecting the youth of the next generation. The most vulnerable of themselves, to a place of sanctuary and away from The Sith's clutches.

Battered, bruised, and with a limp, the massive master made his way lowest levels of the former Jedi sanctuary. A pinnacle of light, established on the planet as a reminder of hope, that had been desecrated by infiltrators of the darkest side. A darkness that had opened up in the basement of the temple, throbbing and humming with mutated shadows that threatened to influence those of a more vulnerable position with The Force.

"The physical damage is one thing," Asmundr began speaking, sensing the familiar presence before he recognized its corporeal composition "But the psychological ravaging is far worse.

It would be foolish for them not to take advantage of this fragility. We must get ahead."

Shade of Decay Shade of Decay

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

76682.gif

"ELOAH" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Jedi Interceptor in landing bay, Dilorian and Bike both in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music" , "Aricsias" Wookiee Clan (pops in and out of posts)
Tag: Bernard of Arca Bernard of Arca Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Black Mynock Black Mynock Taiia Locke Taiia Locke Allyson Locke Allyson Locke Aaran Tafo Aaran Tafo Aeris Lashiec Aeris Lashiec

” Adversity introduces a man to himself.” - Albert Einstein​

When Bernard had asked him if he would speak to the Silver Council, Caltin silently nodded “yes”. He was going to do so anyway, but now he was speaking on behalf of the New Jedi Order. They needed help and this was not merely a play for political positioning, or worrying about what might happen publicly should something go wrong. This was not a matter of hurt feelings or who stabbed who in the back or who goes off on what tangent or whatever. There was more to the matter of them “standing alone” that he was batting around talking to the Arkanian about at another time.
Tensions were high right now and understandably so, but this was the perfect example as to why one cannot let their emotions control them. Having emotions is normal, and perfectly fine, but this might not be the best time to decide on what to do moving forward. They might want to “sleep on it”. Allyson was right. Though it was funny that she mentioned reaching out the “The Silvers” when one was standing right in front of her. Anyway, they needed to stand together.

Not band together. Stand together.

They were not Sith, they were not going to go off and attack in revenge. There had to be honest reasons for what they did, for what they all did. “Justice, not Vengeance.” That meant that regardless of the actions taken (to which he would stand with them if there was a fight, of course) it had to be the correct one, and not simply reactive, no matter how understandable it might be. The Masked one had the right idea, and the big guy “two-finger pointed” with a genuine nod of agreement at both him and Dagon. He couldn’t quite put his finger on what he didn’t agree on or why, but there was something about both of their arguments that were well put (given the circumstances) but also missed something.

Then Aeris interceded.

She was not wrong, not at all, in her assertation that the Jedi were in an unenviable position staying in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. She was looking at the massive facility as if it was some dilapidated museum. The current state of the Temple notwithstanding, this was not the case, and should not be treated as such.

With respect, “Aeris”, is it? The galaxy is not the way it was when I walked these halls, but if you talk to anyone on the Rim, in a settlement, anywhere that is not a tech or government mecha, Coruscant is still the center of the galaxy. Just like if you ask them where Jedi come from, those who may not understand the splinter Enclaves and Temples will still say how the Jedi are based on Coruscant.

Holding up a hand as if today he was not trying to argue, Caltin tried to make his point short and sweet.

You’re all right in that the Order should operate independently. What happened to cause this around us is something we should learn from not only react to. So for what my word may be worth, you’re dead on in operating independently. Even to the point of operating out of other Temples and Enclaves. Spread out(not too thin though), show the Alliance and the galaxy who Jedi really are, not just what some politician wants them to think we are.

However Coruscant should still be here, and in operation, somehow. Just like Ossus and the infamous library.

There was a hint of defeat in his tone in mentioning the planet’s name.

Tython and not only the Temple, but the Forge. There are other homes, but leaving this Temple would bring nothing more than a vacuum.

Do we really want to see who fills it?

I will speak with my fellow Silver Council Members, but I am a man of my word. My lightsaber and my resources are at your disposal as long as you need them. I’m not a “Silver Jedi”, just as you’re not “New Jedi”, we’re “Jedi”. We stand together, or we fall separately.

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:
Too weak to resist, Yula simply hissed as she was exhumed from the rubble. Her heart was beating a mile a minute, convinced by her delirium that she was in danger, that the Jedi were gone and only Sith and their ilk remained.

Instinct saw her to draw on the Force, pulling it to her like a safety blanket. It invigorated the Zeltron just enough to act once she’d reached the surface.

"It's over. You're safe now. We're with you."

The Ioshan’s words were kind, spoken with practiced comfort. None of that reached Yula.

“Get AWAY!She snarled, swinging at the woman with the velocity and power only a trained Force-sensitive could muster. What was meant to be a Force push ended up being more like a Force slam. Regardless of whether or not her assault was blocked, Yula would use the few seconds her actions afforded to scramble up and hobble a few paces away.

“Feth off, Sith Schutta!

Face coated in ash, bleeding from her hands and mouth, limping like a wounded dog and screaming like a maniac, Yula actually had the audacity to flip off the Jedi who’d rescued her.

Aria Vestra Aria Vestra | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Katarine Ryiah

Last edited:
Nimdok also rose. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to accompany you. I have no other pressing business here on Coruscant—might as well help out while I’m here.

He also didn’t think it was a good idea to leave Auteme alone in the state she was in. Provided there were no objections, he would follow her on her way back to the Senate Building to retrieve Master Morteg’s remains.

“There they are,” the Bright Knight said, inclining his cowled head toward a group of asylum inmates, still clad in their striped uniforms, who were making trouble in the streets below. He and Kai were poised side by side on a ledge high above, like birds surveying their prey before they struck.

<How are we going to capture them?> Kai asked. Like his companion, he had molded a mask over his face to hide his features. <It looks like some of them have blasters and other weapons. They’ll try to kill us if we fight them.>

“Aspiration over exasperation, Doppelganger,” the Bright Knight replied, his cape rippling in the breeze. “There are ways of disarming and incapacitating others without placing ourselves in mortal peril at their hands.”

Though Kai normally resented being referred to by his species rather than his name, in the mouth of one of his heroes “Doppelganger” became an honorific. It didn’t matter that Kai hadn’t told the Bright Knight about any of this—the Bright Knight just seemed to know everything already. Besides, if they were going to be doing this crimefighter gig, it made sense not to use their real names.

<Okay good, okay fine. Tell me what to do.>

“I’ll use this to seize their weapons,” the Bright Knight said, producing a small black device from his belt. “Then I’ll fly in and start the fisticuffs. I’ll carry you with me, but from there you’ll have to fend them off. Think strategically. And remember; don’t use your lightsaber unless you have no other choice, and even then don’t strike with lethal force. These are sick people, not soldiers.”

Kai struck his fist against the palm of his other hand in excitement. <Got it!>

Raising his arm, the Bright Knight activated the device and tossed it in a direction away from the highest concentration of inmates. There was a couple seconds delay—then all the weapons in the immediate area were snatched from the inmates’ hands, drawn toward the device.

<It’s like a giant magnet!> Kai exclaimed. His awestruck admiration for the technology was cut short as the Bright Knight gestured for him to take hold of his shoulders before leaping from the ledge.

Spreading his cape like wings, the Bright Knight glided down into the fray, where chaos had ensued among the inmates in the absence of their weapons.

Cops!” someone shouted in a panic, spying the duo overhead. Technically, it was true—the Bright Knight was a duly deputized agent of the law, not a vigilante.

Kai let go of the Bright Knight, diving and rolling through the group. The inmates scrambled out of the way, abandoning their useless weapons in favor of fists.

A Togruta with a scarred face charged at Kai. The doppelganger sidestepped him and knocked him off his feet with a sweep of his leg. Trying to swamp him, the others dogpiled onto Kai, who punched and kicked his way out of the mob. Soon the alley was strewn with unconscious and groaning bodies.

“Now we tie them up and leave them for the police,” the Bright Knight said, hardly sounding winded after the fight. Kai helped him, though their roundup of the inmates was interrupted by screams coming from nearby.

"I smell smoke," the Bright Knight remarked ominously, abandoning the inmates in order to run toward the sound. Kai followed him.

[Chelchu Starfighter Base - Coruscant's Surface]
[Captain Relynia Sorrene]
[253rd Picket Line]

CLANG.

Relynia flinched, pulled from an illusion of stoicism by the sudden grinding of metal against metal.

Then a scream.

It wasn't real, she realized as the noises began continued to echo idly in her mind, having never once touched her ears. The captain shook her head with the realization, closed her eyes to blockade the paths of tears. She nonetheless felt them leaving through gaps, gaps she wasn't strong enough to block.

She felt Coruscant's anguished spirit crying out in pain while the cackles of an unrelenting Brotherhood sounded in the distance. Unified in a sickening cacophony, they drowned out the sounds of cheers reverberating within the massive starfighter base. Her mind couldn't begin to process the noises for long, even after Relynia forsook the act of processing her own vision.

World Devastators. Her eyes finally produced a legible image. No... Her subconscious did. Her eyes merely read a muddled depiction of an unfamiliar A-wing pilot's promotion. Relynia's mind read a crystal clear painting of chaos, at its center a flotilla of imposing, boxy silhouettes descending slowly on a dying world. Wreckage followed their unchanged paths. Wreckage from the unlucky Alliance vessels that had rushed to Coruscant's aide.

That was how they were rewarded for their heroism. With death. With slaughter.

She shook her mind clear of the sensations, flinching again as the feelings that had since been ingrained in her mind reluctantly backed away. They left her in an uncomfortable silence, made worse by the disparity between her and the rest of the 253rd's senior staff. The others had adopted an uncomfortable silence, nonetheless intent and clear in their distaste of the cheerful atmosphere. Relynia had been in her own little world when they decided so, apparently. Well. She had been in her own little universe. If anyone could even catch a glimpse of the dark depths of her imagination, the latter analogy would be best used.

Courtesy of the Brotherhood's bloody travelling show, and at the risk of painting herself as insensitive, her mind was wandering again. The captain shut her eyes immediately upon realizing it. Maybe they wouldn't notice, maybe they'd only think she was still grieving, As if that were any better. Her hands began to clench, paling with every spur of further thought.

Still not really paying mind to the ceremony, Relynia turned toward Commodore Olivia, "W-when did they say that the Revenge would be clear for launch again?" She set both hands firmly behind her back, taking hold of each and applying just enough pressure to correct the stutter in her voice and to slow the rush of abstract thought to a halt, "I errm... didn't water my plants..." Despite every measure she blurted the words out, because "I hate social situations," clearly wouldn't embarrass her enough.

Relynia's face hid in her hands. Her integrity hid in her thoughts.

Constantine Oliva Constantine Oliva

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom