Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion The Imperial Conference at Tion [All Imperials, Spies, and Racers/Gladiators Welcome!] -EOTL Dominion of Tion.

og44BBl.png

TRANCE-ESPIONAGE
~Why is it all too familiar?~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Stay in character, just observe
DATE: Nikolai Messervy

white.png

PRIDE OF LIANNA, TION SYSTEM, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

A lavish espionage trip with a dashing middle-aged agent as your date. Not just date, husband. That sounds like a dream, and here I am, in an Imperial Star Destroyer, with the exact scenario happening in the flesh. While technically it's a dangerous endeavor, the Imperial high society is not so unfamiliar to this exquisite princess-agent. Yes, that's me. My ex-mother-in-law, who obviously likes me way more than she likes her son, is a Serennian noble of House Borgin. That's a quite influential noble house of Serenno, and since Serenno is part of the Empire's sphere of influence, it is expected for someone to make the trip. Yes, I'm not a Borgin in name, yet it's nothing that can't be arranged. An honorary member of House Borgin to represent the house, while Catherine isn't able to attend, and Romulus is, well, Romulus. He's not a Borgin in name either, which makes my legitimacy much lower, but no one has to know. And yes, with her husband, Nicolas, a rich merchant also from Serenno. Again, nothing that we can't arrange.

So here we are, making our way into the main hall, I'd say overshadowing even the glitz and glamor of the Imperial higher-ups. Which Empire is this, again? There's been too many since their downfall twenty years ago or so. Aculia Voland Aculia Voland and Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen , the Moffs, also CEOs of quite large companies. I guess this is an Empire that values businesses and the economy, unlike those of the gilded age. There's also some envoys of the Trade Federation. It's not relevant to our task, but I like those guys, I really do. Obviously, as a SIA agent, I am absolved of personal opinions towards an issue, it's just what crossed my mind. Yet at the moment, I'm not a SIA agent. I'm a nobility of Serenno, glitzing through the magnificent conference hall. Damn, this all comes very naturally to me.

"Like what you see?" I whispered to my husband playfully, parading him around the other nobles of the Empire.
white.png

Nikolai Messervy

N

ESPIONAGE

"I really do," Nikolai -- Nicolas today -- answered, sounding very much the besotted relative newlywed his cover story called for. "And the ambience. Not so bad either."

Nik resisted the urge to tug at the collar of his tuxedo shirt. Not only would it demonstrate poor breeding, it would leave a pink mark and cause irritation for the rest of the night. Worse, the black tie that he wore was ever so precarious and it was all he needed to look like a rank amateur and having Agent Petrui -- his flashy new wife as far as anyone else knew -- retie it would mark him out as such to everyone else here.

"You know," he told her as they surveyed the room, his voice casual and light. "I've been a lot of places and seen a lot of things, but I don't know that I've ever heard of a situation where a divorcée gets to keep her in-laws in the divorce. But what do I know, lowly, money-grubbing merchant that I am." A smirk as he snatched two flutes of champagne from the tray of a passing waiter. "Good of you to marry so far beneath you. Progressive, even." Nikolai handed one of the flutes to Thania.

"What should we drink to, darling?" Nik asked casually, lifting the flute to quaff the effervescence within. "Absent Catherines? Your spirit of charity? These newfangled Imperials, perhaps."

Tags: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Hadiss II the Uniter
Objective: 1 - Diplomatic Reception and Mingling
Equipment: In Bio

Before the Archduke could reply, a shadow loomed over me from behind. I did not flinch. No recoil or tensing in my posture took place. Instead, I remained perfectly in place under near-prestine composure while the Archduke bristled. The voice from behind me was authoritative and clear. The accent was of Zakuul, that was for certain. While my external appearance showed a calm and stoic look, internally I was furious. How dare this insolent intruder barge in like this!, I thought to myself about the matter.

After the man behind me spoke, I turned around to have both the Archduke, and the large behemoth of a man on either side in front of me. The Archduke made a rebuttal to the intruder I then identified as the Hegemon of Vandemar and Zakuul who's power arose in the times after the Empire's fall. Archduke took to what the Hegemon said about as I would expect for a pompous merchant. Such thoughts were only confirmed when the protocol droid relayed his words.

However, when the words came back to me, rather than the interloper, it did not take the Hegemon's intrusion to know what such words meant. The Eternal Empire never trusted outside businesses unless there was strict permission and oversight from the Emperor or Empress explicitly outlining what was possible. I was no foolish damsel who could not tell a snake from a worm and needed the rescue of an armored warrior.

I nodded towards the intruder noting that we would likely speak afterwards, and thus I tried to create a semblance of politeness in stark contrast to the Archduke. I then turned towards the Archduke with a cold stoicism in my eyes being the only sign of my state to those around me thanks to my respirator mask.

"As a hosting party, I will encourage respect on either side from squabbling guests that are here only due to the graciousness of the Empire of the Lost and its Moff Council."
I could barely believe myself for not being as direct as the giant. I sounded like a politician. Part of me was satisfied that I could adapt somewhat well to this climate, yet much of me felt sick of myself for how I sounded.
"Archduke, while what the Hegemon states may be too direct for your liking, I am no fool to be ignorant of what the organization you represent has done in history with any power on the galactic stage. I am sure you can understand that, even without Hegemon Sigismund's intrusion, the Empire would have ample reason to be hesistant in giving the Trade Federation such liberties. Every time the Trade Federation has been granted inch, they have taken hundreds of miles if given the chance."

I paused a moment to analyze how the Archduke received such words, and also to see what Aurelian would do in reaction as well. My Eternal view made me personally hesitant to accept such a deal with an outside corporation as well. My own company presented itself as an asset to the Empire that will integrate into it rather than a force from the outside worming its way in.
"Your business here is an uphill battle, Archduke. Trust is limited with the Trade Federation with the Empire. Many officials in its ranks have corporations of their own that contribute directly to the Empire, and function to serve its interests. Our core worlds sit at the intersection of two major trade routes within the galaxy. What make the Trade Federation worthy of our trust? The question is not what business we can do. Right now the question is whether or not you and your colleagues are allowed in our home at all."
It was there I meaned to frame the discussion more for the Empire. The Archduke was now bristled with frustration by the looks of it. If he was to spill more, it will come with the prodding I have done. Additionally, I was to make it clear who truly held the power here. The Trade Federation was not to be trifled with, that was true. However, he was in the home of the Empire of the Lost. I will be sure to keep reminding him, and the Hegemon too if he overstepped himself, this entire summit.

maxresdefault.jpg

Zakuul_Divider_1.png

THE GRIFFIN OF ZAKUUL

Aurelian_Show.png

HEGEMON OF VANDEMAR AND ZAKUUL
MOFF OF VANDEMAR
IMPERATOR OF THE GRAND LEGION

EXARCH OF ZAKUUL

Tags:
Aculia Voland Aculia Voland | Michael Barran Michael Barran | FN-999 | Hadiss II the Uniter | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen | Thaelius Thaelius | Liin Terallo Liin Terallo | Eremia Loigos Eremia Loigos | Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran | Nimian Totan Nimian Totan

Conversing with: Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen | Hadiss II the Uniter

Zakuul_Divider_1.png
TION SYSTEM | PRIDE OF LIANNA | BUSINESS
PART VI

The armoured giant simply stood and observed, his face as expressionless as before. The pathetic attempt to hurt his pride by making a, quite frankly, foolish assumption as to what or who he is, showed that the Archduke and probably the Trade Federation had little clue as to what he stood for. Well, they would understand in due time. Aurelian would prevent these creeping parasites from setting foot into his domain and that of the Imperials - any, if he had to.

"Of course, Baroness." His voice echoed after he offered a subtle nod at her as well. It was his full intent to address her with her Kalidan-Imperial title, a notion to both confirm her origin and to support her direct way of dealing with this greedy bloodsucker from the Federation. The Zakuulan was indeed interested to talk to her afterwards, it was rare to see members of the Kalidan court these days and he was curious as to what path may have led her here. And to talk business, but like civilised individuals.

His gaze then set on the Archduke as Katherin addressed him again. Sigismund would not offer any expression of amusement reach his face as she proclaimed very much what he had hoped for. There was no place for the likes of the Trade Federation in an imperial future, the Galactic Empire knew that and everyone since then. Their petty corporatism could be explored in the Alliance, where there was enough corruption and lack of order to tolerate such insolent and bootlicking cowards and cutthroat money making.

huh.png

og44BBl.png

I M P E R I A L_C O N F E R E N C E_A T_T I O N
Objective I : Diplomatic Reception

FINAL DAWN
TION SYSTEM, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

As Sularen entered the conference room, he found himself in the middle of a vast venue of numerous Imperials each with a different background as well as other individuals, such as representatives of other corporations and other independent politicians and warlords. While observing the scene, the High Regent noticed the two primary representatives of the Empire of the Lost [ Aculia Voland Aculia Voland & Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen ] already engaged in talks with other Imperials and Corporate officials [ FN-999, Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund and Hadiss II the Uniter ] with other separate conversations taking place all around him. Beside him, Colonel Rackham was taking notes on the known attendees along with any information he could gather on them.

"What do we have Rackham?" Sularen asked as they walked through the area, "Nothing out of the ordinary, some high-profile members of the Imperial Military Protectorate and the Empire of the Lost along with few Corporate Officials and Independent Warlords and Politicians." Rackham responded. "It's quite surprising to see such a wide array of individuals with various backgrounds could be assembled here without any conflict." the Colonel added. "Well seems like that huge display of force outside is paying off" Sularen said. "It's quite surprising to see no overt hostilities at this point, i assumed the more...conservative-minded representatives of the Imperial Military Protectorate would receive all other guests with hostility."

As the High Regent further scanned the area, his gaze settled on an individual starring at him with some sort of contempt. "Well it would seem i spoke too soon." Sularen said. Keeping his gaze on the individual Sularen continued speaking, somewhat intrigued by this form of hostility. "Rackham, what do you know about that individual right there, glaring at me." the High Regent inquired. Rackham took some time to process the situation, before offering a response. "Never seen him before. Although i can identify one of the individuals beside him." he said. "Really, and what is his or her name?" Sularen further inquired. "Lord-Regent Micheal Barran, the ringleader of the I.M.P and younger brother to Thomas Barran" Rackham responded. "Interesting..." Sularen said. "Follow me." the High Regent added as he walked to approach the the individual glaring at him and the three individuals around him.

As he approached the group of individuals he proceeded to introduce himself to the group, first addressing the Lord-Regent. "Micheal Barran, i presume? Apologies for the intrusion, but i was quite intrigued by your colleague over there." Sularen began, pointing out to Argilac. "Although i must say, for a man of your standing, it's quite surprising to see you here. Quite rare to see Imperials such as yourself interact with others that aren't aligned with your Military Protectorate" the High Regent said while extending his hand towards the Lord-Regent for a handshake.

UI4ODIx.png

Tags [Engaging] | Michael Barran Michael Barran
Tags [Nearby] | Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin | Argilac Argilac | Argella Gladiolus Argella Gladiolus

Colton continued walking through the meeting area, very discreetly planting listening devices, under tables, and various other Oquois places, and listening to conversations from those from the other imperial factions, taking detailed mental notes about the people, their stance and dive, and vision for the future of the empire. He was also discreetly running fail recognition and background on all the people present, attempting to ferret anyone suspected of disloyalty, and enmity intelligence operatives as he the SIA could not help but send at least a few agents to figure out what the empire's next move would be. He was still keeping an eye on the interaction with the commander and the other man across the room his gut instinct told him there was more to this than what was on the surface he just wasn’t what but there was something there to be interested in.

Suutis Roodmlesk

S

Poggle the Lesser | StarWars.com

tf-site-header.png
og44BBl.png

FN-999 Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Nimian Totan Nimian Totan Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran Michael Barran Michael Barran Shar Orime Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

The Archduke of Geonosis was less than pleased with the Giant of Zakuul earlier sentiments regarding the Honorable and Noble Trade Federation. However this was neither the time nor place to engage in power struggles with religious' zealots whose only concern was spreading some false ideology about order. The Imperial Military Protectorate had been more welcoming of Trade Federation support in their growth even having purchased several Interlocking Agricultural Platforms from them in order to one day return to the galactic fold. The Empire of the Lost on the other hand seemed fit to rebuke the efforts of the Trade Federation for their own reasons; none that made sense to the profit driven corporation.

A message came onto the mecho-chair telling him to contact the Board of Trade for an update regarding the Empire of the Lost. And so the Archduke Hadiss II motioned for the Pink Protocol Droid to carry on the discussion while he excused himself for a brief moment to relay information to the Senior Member Rulonom Laborr. The Pink Protocol Droid would bow towards him as the geonosian left the present group; him now standing next to the Giant of Zakuul Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund .

The Pink Protocol listened very intently as Moff Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen analyzed the previous statement relayed to her and gave her response. She was trying to calm the tension in the room before it spiraled out of control which was noble given the open hostility the Zakuul Delegation showed against arguably the most powerful corporation present in the galaxy. She was right that the Trade Federation had taken much without giving anything in return but it was necessary's in order to stay profitable against other rivals such as the Commerce Guild and the InterGalactic Banking Clan. And although the Moff did make a good point about having corporations within the Lost Empire that could support them they didn't exactly have the reach that the Federation had.

"His Excellency has entrusted me to handle the negotiations moving forward, and I will try to address your concerns as accurately as my programming dictates. On the matter of trust, Moff DuProcelen there is little between the Trade Federation and the Lost Empire and that is perfectly within determined parameters as this is merely the start of a business discussion and not a fully fleshed out arrangement as you have mentioned." The Droid said having been programmed to operate within the objectives that the Trade Federation wanted to accomplish during the present meeting. There was bound to be trust issues with the Lost Empire and the Federation as they have just interacted on a more personnel bases by being here.

"While the Trade Federation would never seek to undermine a growing galactic power. The Parlemian Trade Route, Hydian Way and the Mara Corridor which you have access to and your aligned corporations all eventually lead into the biggest and most profitable economy presently in the form of the Galactic Alliance. It would be unquestionably damaging if the Lost Empire was deemed a trade risk and products from said faction aligned corporations were seized before they had a chance to make to the market. But of course such an event would never happen to such business savvy people like yourself, Moff DuProcelen..." The Pink Protocol Droid said with a little tone in the vocabulary. This was indeed the home of the Empire of the Lost but outside it the Trade Routes all led directly into the Trade Federation's front door.

Last edited by a moderator:

og44BBl.png

TRANCE-ESPIONAGE
~Why is it all too familiar?~

OUTFIT: x
OBJECTIVE: Stay in character, just observe
DATE: Nikolai Messervy

white.png

PRIDE OF LIANNA, TION SYSTEM, OUTER RIM TERRITORIES

"If you haven't noticed by now, dear husband, I can be very convincing at times of great peril." Seeing Nikolai, Nicolas, trying his hardest to maintain his composure in such an hallmark event is really an amusing sight. Still, his effort to look the part is quite impressive, something to be appreciated. "What about a drink to our young, amorous marriage, my love?" I took the flute of champagne from Nicolas, a warm, yet heart-wrenching smile creeping up my face. This is a life I could've had, had I not decide to choose this horrid field of work to spend the rest of my life in. Perhaps, in another life.

Amidst all the pleasantries, which I have to admit I do enjoy immensely, the main task remains; observe, eavesdrop, capture a clearer picture of the nature of this resurgent force in the galaxy. The eternal war against the Sith and newly heightened conflict against the Mandalorian Enclave has been tough on the Galactic Alliance. As strong as our galactic position is, waging a two-front war is never an ideal situation. Empires have collapse from less. It is in the upmost paramount that we learn enough of this new Empire, and, ideally, use the knowledge to strike a diplomatic agreement. I don't think our Alliance can afford engaging in yet another front.

As I continued on parading my gorgeous husband, my attention was lured into the newly formed group a couple of feet away in front. One of the person who just joined, donned in red military suit, Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen of the Final Dawn. The four that were approached by Sularen is lead by Michael Barran Michael Barran of the former New Imperial Order. Two groups that didn't get along for the longest time, fighting on different sides on the Second Galactic Hyperspace War. This could be something huge. Turning myself to face Nicolas, I draped my arms around his shoulder, leaning in slowly and sensually, playing the part of a wife having the time of her life. "High Regent of the Final Dawn, and the former Lord-Regent of the New Imperial Order, at your eleven. No data on the others." I whispered to Nicolas, gauging the course of actions we can engage in.
white.png

Nikolai Messervy

N

ESPIONAGE

"I'll definitely drink to that," Nik said. Anyone overhearing could detect the distinctly suggestive tone in his voice. He touched his flute to hers for the resonating ding and lifted it to take a drink. He continued his covert surveillance, assured that his ocular implant was recording what he saw for further analysis.

Nikolai had been behind a desk for too long, dealing with human resources and logistics and project management more than actual intelligence. He recognized some of these faces from their dossiers, but not everyone. Luckily, Petrui knew her stuff and was subtle in communicating it. His gaze followed her words; he allowed his head to tilt against hers, as if she were whispering sweet nothings, and his little smirk would only confirm that to anyone observing them.

"High Regent of the Final Dawn?" He chuckled, closing his eyes as he rolled them hard. "That's a little bit like being Mayor of Csaplar, no?" His mind went to another washed-up has-been, closer to home. Suppose he ran into Fortan here; it would be her kind of place, with a bunch of Imperial beau monde. Certainly a better fit than the Galactic Alliance Federal Assembly. He shook his head, clearing it of his irritable ruminations. There was definitely something about that woman that got under his skin.

"Don't suppose we can just kill them," he suggested facetiously. "Who's going to miss Martin Sularen?"

His hand jangled some coins in his trouser pockets, resting his chin on Thania's shoulder. He made a thoughtful noise. "I'd love to slip a little something into their pockets," he muttered. "What do you think, sleight-of-hand or cause a distraction? Open to suggestions, too."

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
Laphisto looked down at the invitation, surprise evident in his eyes. He was late for the gathering above Tion, but he was determined to make an appearance. Emerging from hyperspace in his borrowed ship. It wasn't anything special, just a standard MKII variant he had commandeered after his Flasgship the Edaar was Destroyed above Draconia. he had yet to find a proper replacement. He was preoccupied in his other duties as the High Commander of the Lilaste order.

His visit had a dual purpose. Firstly, he hoped to strike a deal that would either provide funds to combat the persistent Dusate Pirates or to uncover the mysterious benefactor backing them. Secondly, as a representative of the UGF. However, he held his faction a bit higher on the priority list. his mind how however, drifted to Draconia and their quarrel with the zealots that had attacked them. Perhaps he could show some help to his ally if able to.

A voice broke the silence of his thoughts, causing Laphisto to look up and over at the bridge officer "Sir, We're approaching the rendezvous point."
Shaking away his wandering thoughts, Laphisto ordered, "Ready a shuttle for me. I want to see what this 'Empire of the Lost' is about." Moments later, a LAET/I shuttle exited the hangar, descending and touching down smoothly in the Star Destroyer's bay.

as the doors opened Laphisto stepped forwards, his arms crossed over his chest, dressed in his Customized Set of LO-56A MKII. the armor crafted to fit his unique biology. His eyes flashed a teal blue, using the force to see and peer into those around him. he raised a brow, unsure if he would need to wait for an escort to take him to the main hall or wherever the meeting was being held or if he would be left to his own devices. Though curiosity pondered his mind, his hand instinctively draped over his Broad Saber. Five soldiers adorned in their own sets of LO-56A MKII armor stepped out behind him, four of the five wielding LO-17D rifles with one bolstering a LO-26R.

as the soldiers took position around Laphisto, they began to chat amongst themselves the One to the far left, speaking up and gripping his LO-17D rifle, muttered, "Always an air of mystery with these gatherings, isn't it?" Another, holding the LO-26R responded with a face of concern, "What's the appeal, really? And inviting potential enemies into the mix seems like a gamble, doesn't it?" he was cut off by a third voice that rung within their helmets " cut the chatter the both of you" the assumed squad leader spoke up turning to look at the soldiers behind him briefly.

TAGS : open

Aculia Voland

Protecting her children from the shadows.
Aculia knew the moment she mentioned Galidraan something was off from the way that Nines felt in the Force, but she could not tell exactly what it was. Was he a friend of the disloyal Moff they had removed from office there? Did the Imperial Military Protectorate have some kind of claim to the world that she had not been made aware of? Was he opposed to their occupation policies, however light those actually were? She would have to find out more later and grill her NISB liaisons over their mishap of not informing her of whatever sensitive nature the topic of Galidraan clearly had.

“A pleasure, Nines, I too would like for another meeting after this conference, there seems to be much to discuss.”

Giving the Baron a final nod, she turned her attention to Michael Barran, the “head” if you could call it that of IMP. She was quietly and pleasantly surprised that he appeared to be in a more amiable mood than reports had suggested his attitude could be. After her clear-yet-still-unknown gaffe earlier she was glad she did not sense any hostility or irritation in the man so far. She decided to count her blessings and not ponder too much about that for now and move on to the plethora of other guests she had to greet, agreeing that business could wait until the conference actually started.

As she was about to reply to the Lord-Regent, none other than Sularen himself came over to introduce himself, deciding to greet him first with surprisingly friendly candor and even offering a handshake-now THAT was certainly a surprise given his show of force earlier with his fleet.

Unexpected, but not unwelcome. How the Lord-Regent will respond, however, remains to be seen. It was a gamble inviting Sularen here, but I need him to feel welcome-his forces will be needed in the wars to come. If this looks like it’s going to go badly I’ll have to politely pull him aside and away from the IMP delegation…and make certain he is seated far away from them at the conference proper.

Michael Barran Michael Barran Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin Argilac Argilac FN-999 Hadiss II the Uniter Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Thaelius Thaelius Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Eremia Loigos Eremia Loigos Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran Nimian Totan Nimian Totan Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund

Last edited:
Tags: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Hadiss II the Uniter
Objective: 1 - Diplomatic Reception and Mingling
Equipment: In Bio

og44BBl.png

The fact both seemed to take to my warning well was good. Whether it was out of feigned politeness or due respect, I cared not. However, the delegate from the Trade Federation seemd most unnerved by things. I knew little of the past Empire he spoke much of. The Eternal Empire, in turn, had little interaction with outside corporations and businesses. Such an Empire saw the outsider companies as money-grubbing parasites that the Empire could do better in such industries. From how I saw things, we did. It was not our economy that made the Empire fall. It merely was the galactic power struggles of the time, that made that great state collapse into anarchy as another Empire to formerly dominate a section of space.

Hegemon Sigismund's address to me as Baroness caught my attention more than the Archduke's departure from the conversation. It has been some time I had been addressed as such by a peer on the political stage. Such addressing of me has seldom been used since I have become affiliated with the Empire of the Lost, where most preferred to say my current title of Moff. It then dawned on me how that could be presentation of showing my Kalidani heritage aside from my still prominant accent.

It was from there I turned to face the droid. It was clear to me that the delegate was going to report the happenings in private. Personally, I found it to be an escape to save face in this discussion, however I was in no position to make such assumptions vocal in public. I still need to have a semblance of tact, after all. At first, it appeared as if what I would expect from a droid was said. The machine began stating things I would want to hear. I knew better than to think that was all that was going to be though. The droid would lack the finesse that a living being would possess, on average. They were algorithmic beings that at best could only respond to emotionality but never truly portray it themselves.

My suspicions were proven to be worthwhile as that veiled threat came though.
Did this droid suggest that the Trade Federation had the audacity to orchestrate piracy to spite the Empire?, was my immediate thought as my face betrayed little distress. The military conditioning of the Eternal Empire made sure that externally I would at least appear calm and collected regardless of how I was within. My thoughts raced with outrage and fury on my inside, in stark contrast to my exterior. The most that could possibly be portraied would be my gaze zeroing in on the droid and my eyebrows furrowing. However, it certainly appeared more like focus than fury. With what I have learned, it was not beyond belief that the Trade Federation would stoop so low. To have it suggested so plainly was more my source of outrage. To probe more, and likely my Eternal military heritage coming through as well, I only stated the following question, "Do you mean that if the Empire of the Lost does not accept to give you so much liberty within our economy, the Trade Federation will facilitate piracy?" I knew well what was implied, and that piracy would be the result. I was no fool. However, I knew I could likely make this droid spill more information, and possibly the truth, by making such a prodding inquiry.

maxresdefault.jpg

Zakuul_Divider_1.png

THE GRIFFIN OF ZAKUUL

Aurelian_Show.png

HEGEMON OF VANDEMAR AND ZAKUUL
MOFF OF VANDEMAR
IMPERATOR OF THE GRAND LEGION

EXARCH OF ZAKUUL

Tags:
Aculia Voland Aculia Voland | Michael Barran Michael Barran | FN-999 | Hadiss II the Uniter | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen | Thaelius Thaelius | Liin Terallo Liin Terallo | Eremia Loigos Eremia Loigos | Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran | Nimian Totan Nimian Totan

Conversing with: Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen | Hadiss II the Uniter

Zakuul_Divider_1.png
TION SYSTEM | PRIDE OF LIANNA | BUSINESS
PART VII

Aurelian looked at the departing envoy with his lithic expression. They would not achieve anything here today and he would expel them equally from former Empire space and all its holdings. Shall they mingle and creep with their kind in the Core where values and principles were worth nothing. The Federation would not see any daylight in the Outer Rim and he would personally make sure of that.

After his departure, the Hegemon briefly observed the mindless machine which simply assumed the position of the official. Aurelian was direct and provocative, but he was not rude. He would not turn on his heel without excuse and depart a negotiation and if he would, that would mean the negotiations were at a sudden end. That was his take on what the Federation did right here. The droid was just some lame machine, mass produced by the mindless facilities they were so proud of.

No, his gaze wandered to the Moff and Baroness to see her reaction to this abandonment of courtesy. She was interesting. A host here, nothing less, a Moff in this new Empire, a Baron in the old Kalidan realm. She was intriguing and her directness was appreciated, one of the few traits the late Empress was able to maintain, though ultimately not for herself. Ironic.

Aurelian was actually mildly entertained by the direct threat uttered by the droid. they could call it as they liked, but it was what Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen also pointed out, a threat of piracy and looting. These people were so limited in their horizon, it was like they were a hive-mind with a common voice telling them to pursue greed of credits and power as their primary instinct and if they did not get what they want, they tried to flex. Pathetic creatures. No surprise they intended to mock him by calling him religious crusader, they would not understand principles if they were served to them on a golden platter.

huh.png

4th Post
michaelnewbling3.png

maxresdefault_1.jpg

-EOTL DOMINION OF TION-
michaelnewbling3.png

oldmichael3.PNG

CAIRN_ONE
RINGLEADER OF THE PELLAEONIST CLIQUE
LORD-REGENT IN EXILE
DRUID-GRANDMASTER OF THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD

red-deer-hunting-white-tailed-deer-skull-deer-antlers-spider-invertebrate-animal-arachnid-transparent-png-568719.png

TAGS: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland Hadiss II the Uniter Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin FN-999 Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran Argilac Argilac

michaelnewbling2.png

michaelnewbling2.png

TO DEFY THE STARS II: A NEST OF DANGERS - PART 4
og44BBl.png
Conference Reception, The Pride of Liarra
Tion Star-System (Late-Summer 900 ABY)

'Argilac! About time you introduced your own Padawan to the gang!'

As far as the old Woad saw it, the Hero of Nirauan was welcome in any setting where the IMP were expected to grace, and not only for his heroics for the sake of realm and regency alike, but for standing with Imperium in it's darkest, waning hours. Suchlike loyalty had become a rarity in the Galaxy's 10th Century ABY, and in the moment Barran was warned of Sularen's attending presence, the old Woad couldn't help but mutter,'Well-spotted there, Argilac. But worry not, for I'll have questions for that fellow in due-course.', knowing well enough that his friend was right to be wrathful in these moments.

However, as heart-warming as the small reunion was, pleasure had to make way for necessity eventually.

'My apologies for busying away with some of our peers in Imperium, but regardless it is pleasure to make your acquaintance this evening..... Its not every day my sort every gets to meet with the new Lairds o' the Galidraan System, Moff Voland. I'm sure you'll understand my predicament, even if only in part.'

Bowing head with grace and a smile, Lord Michael would offer all the diplomatic courtesy he could muster as according to his training, opening dialogue in amiable tone as he continued,'Though I daresay your predecessor was - hm - something of an isolationist factor in this strange circumstance we share.', pausing only to tilt his head towards the doors that led to the conference hall. By then, there wasn't a doubt in the old Woad's mind as to who had gathered all the differing Imperial delegations in the first place, and with this silently ascertained to himself, Lord Michael knew that the right nudge was being applied to the right host.

'In the simple, succinct wording of my uncle Ollis - "We didn't come dressed up for nothing.", after all.'

NOTE - Will get to Sularen's dialogue for Barran after another couple replies are thrown on here. Just playing catch-up! But will get to Marlon's greetings soon.

Pentastar_Alignment1.png
michaelnewbling4.png
Pentastar_Alignment1.png

michaelnewbling3.png

Last edited:

Suutis Roodmlesk

S

Poggle the Lesser | StarWars.com

tf-site-header.png
og44BBl.png

FN-999 Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Nimian Totan Nimian Totan Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran Michael Barran Michael Barran Shar Orime Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen

The Trade Federation of Planets were often accused of being a never ending leech on various planetary governments and even galactic superpowers such as the Galactic Alliance, taking credits and other resources for themselves in order to stay politically powerful. They had learned from the mistakes of the Clone Wars in becoming complacent and bound to the whims of others such as the infamous Darth Sidious. So it was no wonder that the Pink Protocol Droid pushed the conversation forward by first telling her exactly what she wanted to hear followed up by a veiled threat if the Lost Empire wouldn't comply with the demands of the Federation.

Moff Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen seemed to understand the implications and merely asked if the Trade Federation would facilitate piracy against the Lost Empire if they did not agree to proper terms. The Droid understood from programming that there were many ways to frame a question in order for the other person to draw information out without them realizing and he would not fall for such a trick due to not wanting to earn the Eire of his masters.

"A quite shameful display, Moff DuPorcelen. Accusing the Trade Federation of Planets of conducing piracy without proper evidence is hardly the proper way to conduct business' negotiations. We demand an official apology before such a complaint is lodged with the Grand Moff of the Lost Empire" The Pink Protocol Droid said; using an age old tactic of throwing a question back at the person asking said question in order for them to fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
5th Post
michaelnewbling3.png

maxresdefault_1.jpg

-EOTL DOMINION OF TION-
michaelnewbling3.png

oldmichael3.PNG

CAIRN_ONE
RINGLEADER OF THE PELLAEONIST CLIQUE
LORD-REGENT IN EXILE
DRUID-GRANDMASTER OF THE HIGHLAND BROTHERHOOD

red-deer-hunting-white-tailed-deer-skull-deer-antlers-spider-invertebrate-animal-arachnid-transparent-png-568719.png

TAGS: Aculia Voland Aculia Voland Suutis Roodmlesk Katherin DuPorcelen Katherin DuPorcelen Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen
Siyndacha Aerin Siyndacha Aerin FN-999 Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund Minako Aoki-Barran Minako Aoki-Barran Argilac Argilac

michaelnewbling2.png

michaelnewbling2.png

TO DEFY THE STARS II: A NEST OF DANGERS - PART 5
og44BBl.png
Conference Reception, The Pride of Liarra
Tion Star-System (Late-Summer 900 ABY)

'Correct, last o' the Regency line in the flesh.... An' yes, that one there is the real deal, Imperial through an' through - just like me.'
Marlon Sularen, an ever-intriguing foe though he had been over the years, (subject to more than a few studies before the Empire's untimely demise) still carried a reputation that put him at odds with Michael Barran, but there were still appearances to keep despite the unexpected-yet-overdue first encounter between them. Giving the Tattered Regent all the more reason to beckon the leader of the Final Dawn to one side, drawing Sularen away from the others to speak in hushed, secretive tones as he admitted,'Oh, then you needn't account for erraticism.... The only gift we bear is the promise of a parley, negotiation-table perhaps. It is what it is, but the Protectorate plays by the laws of Imperium all the same.', in reply to Marlon's personal note to the IMP's unexpected presence at the conference.

'Marlon, I'm sure this needn't require explanation - but the chance of a bilateral treaty down the line is as charitable as we're ever likely to get. But still, temporary accords suit the living more than any Casus Belli in this day an' age, no matter how much the latter is sugar-coated.'

On matters of Galactic-political nature, Michael knew that Marlon would understand with more ease than most in Sularen's predicament, but there was a nagging reminder at the back of Barran's mind, cloying at Tattered Regent with the knowledge of the Final Dawn's Regent's former allies. Yet despite the fact that decades had passed since the Empire last faced off against them, Marlon's knowledge of Thomas' existence still complicated the nature of the first diplomatic encounter, and likely would for as long as the Final Dawn still associated with the Scar Hounds, no matter how indirect said association was. The most precipitous relations of the conference would be shared between the IMP and the Final Dawn in the beginning, and without a sign of intent to denounce the marauders of the Unknown Region, it looked early on to be the most-difficult of all Imperial slumps to rectify.

But despite it all the Woad was still quite curious, and fortunately for all involved, Barran had learned not to jump too quickly to conclusions; as those were traits of a generation bygone, and it had been far too long since anyone considered Michael a loose cannon, a testament to all the family curses the Tattered Regent had broken along the way. Yet the curiosity was only just a contributing factor in Barran's respectful, uncharacteristic warmth in conversation, as there was something far more prevalent guiding the courtesy between both Regents, a specific sort of courtesy the new generations would take decades of warfighting to understand to such an experienced extreme. They weren't just being nice and pally, as this was only what could be seen at the surface by third-parties, but acting in a subtle respect between opposing grand-strategists.

'But what of the Final Dawn, hm? What brings another wolf to this unwitting pasture, I ponder?'

Pentastar_Alignment1.png
michaelnewbling4.png
Pentastar_Alignment1.png

michaelnewbling3.png

FN-999

F

og44BBl.png

Objective: I
Tags: Colton Renfro Colton Renfro

With a nod of the head, Moff Voland departed, leaving the Baron alone amidst the crowd once more.
With nothing better to do, he began to scan the crowd for anyone - or anything - that could be worth his time. In one corner, Lord Sigsimund was gathered with a group of warlords as well as a delegate of the Trade Federation, whom the Baron noted with a grimace. The Federation had been a thorn in the Baron’s side since the collapse of the Empire, its Mygeeto offices shamelessly leeching billions of credits from Borosk in the form of ludicrously high interest and insurance fees which the much-reduced Borosk government had little power to renegotiate. As Moff Quentis had constantly complained to the Baron, Trade Federation loans ate up over a third of Alge’s annual budget, and only an unbroken chain of annual economic growth kept Borosk from becoming a debt-slave. The moment a recession hit, Borosk would go bankrupt.

Fortunately, that would soon change. The Baron and Lord Sigsimund had agreed to build a new Imperial Bank, one that could compete directly with the Federation’s regional offices and, most importantly, keep Imperial credits in Imperial hands.

If the conversation got heated, then the Baron would step in to defend Lord Sigsimund. For now; however, he seemed to be handling himself perfectly fine, so he kept on scanning the room.

The next person who caught his eye was a tall and muscular black-haired woman, her expression as serious as ever. As much as the Force unnerved and unsettled the Baron, he knew that Dalmayr Placcro was a loyal and exceptionally useful asset. Her value as an enforcer was unparalleled by even the 908th’s most elite shocktroopers, and he had been sure to keep an eye on her those past few years. Seeing Dalmayr chatting with another woman, the Baron left her to her devices. For now.

His gaze next fell on a man in an ISB uniform, the first Bureau agent he had seen so far. The Baron wasn’t certain if he was with the IMP or the Lianna government’s own ISB, but either way his presence gave him a mix of emotions. Before he could ponder them, he noticed the agent staring off at something out of sight. Turning his gaze to face the direction of the agent’s, the Baron realized that he was staring at a pair of men, one in an Imperial officer’s uniform and one in an ordinary suit. Nothing seemed off about the men at first glance, but the agent’s stare made him start to question things. The Baron had suspected from the beginning of the conference that there could be foreign agents among the Imperials, but without any leads he had simply been careful with his words around anyone he was not personally familiar with.

Turning back to face the Bureau agent, the Baron walked up close to him and leaned down towards his ear before speaking.

“Is something off about those two?” asked the Baron in a low murmur.

Colton knowing the Imperials needed the trade federation but really didn't trust them saw an opportunity that any NISB agent would have to act and he did so, taking a glass from a serving droid and drinking a glass of wine as made over to the pink protocol that was part of the trade federation delegation. He took a drink as he accidentally bumped into a droid, catching himself from falling by quickly putting his left hand on the droid's shoulder, which served as discreetly planting a listing/ tracking device on the droid. 'Opp, My apologies, I hope I didn't cause any damage, please pass on my sincerest apologies to your master." Colton said in a heavy imperial accent, as he walked away sipping on the wine wine and bumping into a few other people along the way to make appear as if he were drunk before having a seat at an empty table.

Suutis Roodmlesk

FN-999

F

og44BBl.png

Objective: I
Tags: Open

“Very well.” muttered the Baron under his breath, barely audible as the agent flawlessly ignored him. “Keep your secrets."
He gave the man one last glance before walking away, waving a hand to his stormtrooper escorts as a signal allowing them to leave. They deserved a break just as much as he did, and they did not deserve to suffer the same boredom that was starting to hit the Baron. He scanned the room one last time, searching in vain for anyone he recognized that was unoccupied with some sort of task or conversation. Finally, he gave up finding a conversation, relegating himself to the role of an observer as he mindlessly scanned the room for anything interesting or suspicious. He would not eat or drink anything offered by the Lianna government, so he strayed away from the tables, simply wandering the edges of the room.

As he approached a corner of the room, a thought struck the Baron: why not just leave?

After all, he had already accomplished all of the tasks he had given himself for this Imperial conference. He had confirmed the well-being of his fellow Military Protectorate leaders, met with, gained a first impression of, and secured a future meeting with Moff Voland of the Lianna government, and had even learned of the existence of a new Barran daughter. Surely, unless Moff Voland intended to address the entire conference at some point soon, there was nothing else to do but idle small talk. The Baron had never been one for meaningless conversation, and was especially disinclined to loosen his lips given the possibility of there being spies amongst their ranks.

In any case, it was time for the Baron to leave.

Turning back to approach the entrance to the hallway from which he had arrived, the Baron called out in his helmet mic to his escorts.

[Nines to Reborn, we’re about to leave. Meet me at the doors to the hallway we entered through.]

Colton kept his gave fixed on the men across the room, with the listening devices planted he could up the conversations of the others later for a detailed analysis, The Baron while well-intentioned had very nearly drawn unwanted and unneeded attention to Colton's observation of the two, there was something off about the man in the suit but Colton couldn't quite place it, he sliced into to numerous holo cam around room discretely and ran a facial recognition, and background check on the man cross-referenced with ISBslist of known foreign agents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom