Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission The Healing of Ukatis [Open to Donors/Relief Workers]

Clarron Vall had been an unlikely volunteer. In truth, he'd been passing through the area by chance, and landed to refuel, only to find out about the world's predicament. At first, he didn't care. The galaxy was never a kind or forgiving place, and all too often the helpless paid the price for the warmongering of those around them. Violence was just an ugly reality of life, though one he himself rather enjoyed inflicting. Still, as he had paced through the fire-blackened ruins of what had presumably once been a remarkable world, he had realized two things.

One, that he certainly wasn't getting fuel here. These people barely had food, let alone fuel. Two, he gradually picked up that the Mandalorians had done this.

He let out a curse and shook his head. Of course. One more thing that didn't change. He was not overly fond of the armor-clad brigands, and was highly displeased when the last mission he had undertaken before his long nap was to obey one. It failed to surprise him that they were still the same conquering knuckle-draggers they were a thousand years ago.

As such, he found himself volunteering to help, if only as an act of petty spite. If he could undo in some small way what had been done here, so be it. The job came with the occasional meal, though not pay, and as light as his pockets were these days, that was more than enough. He still needed food in his belly like everyone else.

To his surprise, they had been desperate enough to take him, especially when he informed them he could indeed perform tasks like fixing machinery in areas now flooded with water or toxic gases. Though no engineer, he'd spent enough time maintaining his own ship to understand the basics, and as it was some areas were simply too unstable, unreachable, or contaminated to easily see to.

No doubt this had the double benefit of keeping him as far from the eyes of the traumatized populace as humanly possible. They'd had their fill of armored lunatics running rampant in their streets lately, and for his part he couldn't agree more.

As it was, he now found himself clinging to a sheer wall that led down into a newly-gouged miniature canyon, carved by the impact of some terrible orbital weapon, likely a turbolaser. He couldn't see the bottom, but somewhere down here was a possible entrance to a power station that was now buried and inaccessible by the traditional route. It would be cleared eventually, but the power would be nice to have sooner rather than later. He scurried down the rock wall, clinging to it with clawed hands and feet, until he found what he had been looking for.

The destruction had carved an underground hallway in half, and one of the newly-exposed ends likely lead to his objective. He tapped his earpiece.

"Don't know who's overseeing the construction side of things." He said, transmitting on a broad range of frequencies and hoping the appropriate authority figure could hear him and respond. "But I found an alternate entrance to the power station. I doubt it will fix everything right away, but should at least get some lights back up in the immediate area until there's a more permanent solution. Entering now."

ukatishealing.png

div1.png
Fair enough.

Aiden's chuckle said as much, as she gestured at him from head to toe. His appearance, the way he smiled, talked and even the way he spoke — all of it connected him to Corellia. He was proud of it, really. A lot of people weren't particularly fond of their homeworld, but his childhood memories would be cherished forever. His mind couldn't linger on that for long, however. Not with the way she looked down at him.

It was a knowing kind of grin she offered him in return. A woman like her naturally knew she was attractive, and what effect that could have on the minds of people around her. Aiden found himself on the receiving end of it, and not even a split-second after she crossed her arms underneath her breasts, he stood up, cleared his throat and looked away for a moment. She was from Tatooine, huh?

Very interesting.

"Now that you say it," Aiden began after a moment, his mind composed once more. "I can definitely tell. Especially your eyes." He did his best to remain polite and meet her gaze, but he was still a young man and almost felt like she was purposefully teasing him with the way she moved and stood. Having gotten back up, Aiden then listened to her speak and rolled his shoulders a little to loosen up. He stretched his arms again, muscles flexing, and smiled when she talked about the Corellian relief efforts. Not the Corellian type, but one that just showed genuine gratitude.

"Corellia is a special place, with great people," he agreed, still with that lingering smile. Though, as soon as her tone turned into something more teasing, he felt a little heat burning in his cheeks. "Aye, undoubtedly someone would..." is all he managed before he quickly turned his green eyes to the exit of the tent.

Perhaps focusing on work would be best for now. He was starting to sound dumber by the minute.

"I'm good to get back to work. Can you show me what I need to carry where?"

I probably won't live to see either.

Finely manicured brows rose at that. The stubborn aristocrat in her would insist that Clan Kryze would have her gratitude whether they liked it or not. Cora tamped that thought down and gave Jenn a nod. They knew what they were walking into, after all.

Her focus was on both the bigger picture and also the here and now – the vision of a stable, happy and prosperous Ukatis was so very far away. If they could get there, the first step would be in meeting the basic needs of each civilian, rich or poor. Ukatians, Cora included, did not relish asking for help from outsiders. They were a strong, hardy people, but it would've been nearly impossible to rebuild Axilla, let alone care for the refugees on their own. Sometimes the truth hurt.

Cora's datapad had pinged several times since she'd approached Jenn, and the chatter of the commlink in her ear had been non-stop.

"Excuse me for a moment,"
There was a note of genuine apology in her tone as the Princess retrieved her device. A lengthy message from Treoff Kellak Treoff Kellak popped up onto the screen, and Cora's brow creased in thought. The Galactic Alliance had not completely pulled away from the planet, still maintaining a proper military presence and helping to establish the necessary communication networks in the immediate aftermath of the invasion.

Commander Kellak,

Thank you for your note. Presently, we are asking all relief workers to focus on the distribution of aid for civilians and the construction of housing, as the GADF is integrated with the Ukatian military and handling the necessary defensive measures. I received a communication from someone at the edge of Axilla indicating that they are attempting to restore power to one of the defunct stations. Would you be able to assist them?

Clarron Vall Clarron Vall 's message had filtered through to her, and with the spotty coverage she hadn't recognized the telltale vocal synthesizers of a droid. She'd half a mind to contact him back and urge caution, but a few priority messages in her inbox needed to be dealt with first.

Ashla, this was not unlike preparing for a banquet. Instead of deciding which colors to incorporate in the drapery and dinnerware or agonizing over the seating chart, she was coordinating the efforts of volunteers to where they'd felt best suited.

Her attention snapped upward from the datapad, something Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze had said finally catching up with her.

Old flame?

"Come again?" Cora tried to blink the surprise from her face. "One of your men had…relations with someone on Ukatis?"

On the long list of things that the Mandalorian could've said, that certainly hadn't been considered. A love affair? A secret tryst? How scandalous!

cT7vwth.png

Treoff had went back to coordination efforts with his soldiers and workers. Some were being particularly stubborn, which he had to be particularly stubborn back to. This when your employees are treated more like family than subordinates, and they treat their leader like a family head, and not a no-nonsense general. He had not expected the Princess to respond to the message, but he put his orders on hold to assess what she said. It seems Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania seemed to think Treoff believed she was abandoned. Of course not, the Galactic Alliance was here for Ukatis, but they are a military lead by a bureaucracy on a planet far away. No disrespect to the Galactic Alliance, that was just the truth...

"I'm ordering one of my shios now to bring a spare starship power core unit, and to pick up a squad of engineers on the planet to head to the location you disclosed. They'll set up the power core for temporary power and immediately begin working on the power station - they probably need a little light or power for tools, anyway. My apologies for earlier, I don't mean to imply getting between you and the Galactic Alliance, however I'm not wrong that if you make a request to Galactic Alliance Naval Forces, they have to clear it through their chain of command, as you do not hold command over their Navies, unless I am wrong. Just proposing to support you, if it was inappropriate, I shall officially retract the proposal." -- Treoff Kellak

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Ukatis
| Objective | Convene with the Princess

An odd measure of uneasy respect was shared between the two now - as a result of Jenn's assistance on the Princess' part, and in recognition of the burden of leadership that lie on the Jedi's shoulders on the Alor's. During clan Kryze's evacuation of B'yaim Haar Cabur, their former home, her helmet had been feeding information to her nonstop, and so she empathized with the young woman's position, crossing her arms and leaning back against the dropship languidly. "No trouble", assured the Mandalorian as the kind-hearted girl before her turned to attend to the matters requiring her attention. "I know how it is."

When Corazona's attention snapped back onto the figure clad in beskar and wrapped in a simple cloak, Jenn could not help but lift a brow, before letting out a huff of disbelief. "Is that really so hard to believe?" asked the Alor, seemingly taken aback by the shock written all over the Ukatian Jedi's features. "Pollux is a warrior, as are all Mando'ade. Your knights offer a good fight when it comes to crossing swords, and that's how the two met - longsword against beskad, locked in a duel that left him defeated for the first time. Got it into his head to seduce the knight who bested him after that. Succeeded, too! The way I hear it, he was a little too flamboyant about being conquered, so he was ran out of Axilla. That idiot thinks he might as well try and find this old flame of his, seeing how I saw fit to bring him along."

A shrug accompanied her words. Evidently, she thought little of the matter, as if the entanglement was nothing out of the ordinary! And, in spite of her harsh words for the man, she clearly carried some measure of concern for Pollux, just as she did for each and every member of her clan.

"You don't need to worry about him, Princess. I've made sure to have him accompanied by my less... promiscuous warriors."

Yes, that was certainly a word for it. Nicer to say than calling Tarkus dead in bed and Ko'ren more likely to kill her lover than last the night with them, but diplomacy often demanded that she present things a little differently.

"There's a few minor burn victims in the main tent, but they aren't in urgent need right now." Shan sighed, running a hand through his hair as he was trying to figure out how he was going to get around to treating everyone. With some of the burn victims, he had been using the Force to try and treat them whilst they waited for the Bacta. He was mostly of the mind that it was better to teach the Ukatians how to treat some of this stuff themselves. Jalen, Shan and the other Jedi wouldn't always be here. Independence was always something that would be vital for people's survival. Though if he thought about, he wasn't sure how independence would be that useful on Ukatis...Hm...That thought wasn't important.

"At the very least though, we might be able to help teach some of the volunteers here how to use the tanks." It was better to do that with minor burn victims at the end of the day. Major burn victims would have had a bigger risk of infection or permanent nerve damage if the bacta tanks were used incorrectly, but at the very least if they went with this route, they'd be able to both teach and treat. Knowledge was a treatment for stupidity at the end of the day.

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Receiving no answer after a time, he chalked it up to interference and carefully entered the tunnel. It was in as bad a condition as he had thought. He left the channels open, listening as he went. So much chatter coming every which way, all for this one little world. He had the old Empire's mindset of viewing individual planets as relatively unimportant, unless they provided some valuable resource.

He supposed that was why the Empire was long gone, reduced to pretenders and would-be heirs, and the Rebellion had morphed into... this. This enormous, monolithic interstellar state that he saw on the charts in his ship. In time, he figured, the corruption would set in, if it hadn't already, and a new individual would arise to seize power as Palpatine had. Likely, such a person was already alive, and just waiting for their chance.

No matter now, though. He wasn't being kept around for his good looks or charm, but his tolerance for sitting around in... evidently enough radiation to boil one's brains like an egg, if the warning symbols flashing into view all over his vision were at all accurate. Something must have gone wrong with the reactor. Environmentally sealed though he was, he didn't care to stay in this too long. He didn't think cyborgs were too likely to have children, but he'd at least like to keep the possibility open.

He travelled swiftly down the corridor, squirming through thin holes in masses of collapsed debris, or occasionally simply pushing through the barricade entirely. It didn't take too long to reach the room he'd been aiming for, and spot the problem. A chunk of metal had fallen onto one of the consoles responsible for regulating the reactor, no doubt also leading to the radiation levels he was reading.

Though doubtless there were people better qualified, he got to work, and before long the thing hummed into a semblance of life. Lights flickered on in the room, and gradually the tunnel behind him illuminated as well, however weakly. He didn't know how far this would go or how damaged the rest of the grid would be, but intact homes within at least a short distance (if any) might have the pleasure of light and heating tonight, at least.

"Update." He reported, using the same mass of frequencies as before. "The local reactor is stable. Just a power control issue, nothing too complex. I wouldn't come down here for a while, though. Not without some really, really heavy radiation protection. Repeat, do not enter vicinity of my current task. Whole tunnel's hot, must have been out long enough to cause a radiation leak. Area outside reads clear, so should be no real danger of any wider contamination. I'll be in my ship taking a very thorough decon shower if I'm needed for anything else."

Last edited:

U K A T I S
OBJECTIVE: The Main Tent | Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek | Open for interaction
The Eve Foundation |
Outfit | x | x | x | x | x |

music_christinahendricks.jpg

Now that was something one didn't hear every day, Danger mused, an auburn brow arching up in curious amusement, watching the blonde Corellian roll and stretch his muscles anew, as if aware of the burn they'd likely be feeling again. Then came the tell-tale flush over his face.

Goodness, when was the last time I ever had a young, handsome man blushing in front of me? The endearment Danger felt grew.

"By my eyes? Well now, that's a first if'n I ever heard one." she drawled out in amusement, mirth dancing from her emerald eyes. "But I reckon we should quit standin' 'round like Banthas in a sandstorm – let's saddle up solider and get to work."

After straightening her stance and uncrossing her arms, Danger gave the Corellian a come-hither crook of her finger for him to follow. Now that he'd said he had plenty of rest, it was time to get him to put that soldier's body to work.

Taking a few steps back towards the Zeltron, Danger let Aeri know where she was going and introduced Aiden to her assistant.

"Lietuenant Rennek, meet Aeri. Aeri, meet our Alliance muscle for the day," the redhead teased, drawing a notable smirk from the Zeltron.

"A pleasure, Lieutenant Rennek," Aeri held her coral hand to him in greeting. She was tall - leggy tall - wearing a matching jumpsuit but in white. Only in this case did the sense of professionalism enhance her exotic features.

"I'll be taking the good Lieutenant here to the Krakkis. Comm me if anythin' else comes up. Work with whoever else be needin' a hand. Reckon more than a few others might show." Despite the husky drawl of her voice and friendly demeanor, it was evident that Danger was well used to being heard and her orders carried out.

"Will do. I'm already coordinating with Mister Dashiell from Salacia. He's working salvage operations ground side in the city, clearing city blocks for salvage and refinement to assist in the reconstruction efforts." Like a well-seasoned personal assistant, Aeri gave Danger a quick, short summary with all the details. Surprise flickered at hearing Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell was personally involved with the salvage. Then again, here she was, too.

"That so... alright. Let him use whatever he needs. As for that crate, get a loader to send that over to triage." Danger instructed, returning her attention to the Alliance marine while Aeri nodded in the affirmative.

"Well, reckon we can gab and walk," she gestured for him to head out of the main tent.

"Pray tell just how my eyes give away that I'm from Tatooine?" Danger drawled out with a honeyed twang, already moving towards the exit with that full-hipped saunter that was as natural as breathing for the woman.

Horace von Cholmondeley II

H
Back in the camp, King Horace oversaw preparations for an exodus.

"The closest fortress large enough to hold the survivors is Zollern Castle, four hundred miles to the southeast," one of his advisors said, gesturing to a holographic map of Ukatis' geography. "Smaller keeps can be found along the road, but none as big."

"How many vehicles do we have?" Horace asked, stroking his beard.

"Two hundred, Your Majesty."

"That's, what, a thousand people?" He sighed. "We need enough to carry fifty thousand! How much money can we spare?"

Just then, there was a commotion outside the tent. A guard stepped inside and quickly saluted. "Your Majesty, there is a Jedi who wishes to speak to you."

His brow furrowing, Horace peered beyond the guard through the slight crack in the tent flaps. Upon catching a glimpse of a familiar boyish face, his gaze grew cunning. "Send him in," he said, turning away to compose himself.

By the time Padawan Albrecht von Duschendorff entered the tent, damp with sweat and panting from having run across the camp, the king had hidden his guile behind a mask of grief and torment. Both were sincere emotions, just not for the reasons the young Jedi might expect. "My boy," he said, dispensing with the usual formal greetings and instead stretching out his arms as he would to a returning son. "Come closer..."

Albrecht approached the throne cautiously, dropping to one knee in front of the king. "Your Majesty, a terrible rumor reached me on Coruscant about Lady Giselle von Ascania. I wasn't sure if it was true, so I came here seeking answers."

"The rumors are true," Horace said mournfully. "She was taken from us. Her Jedi abductors used their powers to trick my men. Only Master Myrddin saw through the deception. He tried to stop them, but they slew him." Growing more emotional as he told the story, his cheeks grew wet with tears. A nearby servant discreetly handed the king a handkerchief.

Albrecht's eyes grew wide. "But why did they take her?"

"My boy, the Jedi are the arm of the Alliance. They took her as a show of power over Ukatis." The king dabbed at his eyes. "Giselle's father, Lord Vultan, was killed in the attack. She inherited the title of Senator of Ukatis from him. I suspected the Alliance would seek to use her as a political pawn, so I kept her by my side. The Jedi's trick made my soldiers believe my life was in danger, so she was moved to a safer place. Or so we thought. That was when the Jedi kidnapped her and killed Master Myrddin."

The Padawan ran a hand through his hair, staring at the floor as his thoughts raced. Horace watched him from behind his fingers, calculating his next few words carefully. "The poor girl may not even be aware of what's happening to her," he said softly. "If they were so bold as to influence the minds of my soldiers, who is to say they haven't dominated her mind as well, manipulating her like a puppet?"

Albrecht's features twitched in revulsion at the notion, and King Horace knew he had the boy hook, line, and sinker. "What should I do?" the Padawan asked, his voice resolute if not especially firm.

"We must be cautious," Horace warned. "They believe we are ignorant of their ways. Let them go on thinking they are safe. You are one of their own kind. Use your familiarity with the Jedi to learn more. Take this." He produced a small datachip. "It will allow you to access a secure channel leading directly to my comms. Keep me informed of anything you find."

For a few moments, Albrecht simply stared at the datachip. Then he reached out and took it, quickly stashing it in his pocket. "I will find her," he said.

"I know you will, son," Horace said, allowing a hint of a smile to curl the corners of his lips.

Last edited by a moderator:

ukatishealing.png

Ukatis, Medical Tent
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

jalen_divider.png

"At the very least though, we might be able to help teach some of the volunteers here how to use the tanks."

"That'll do for now then," Jalen sighed.

He was tired. It had been back to back like this for a few days now, even after his lightsaber had been whisked away. It was as though the galaxy wasn't giving him any time to breath.

"So what's your deal?" the young man would ask suddenly. "Not to be negative, but most folks don't wanna do the nasty, hands-on medical stuff. You don't end up in the weirdo job on a whim."

Jalen was a healer. He could say that they were weirdos. Still, it was true. Most people looked at the traditional Jedi Guardian as the peak for Jedi performance. If you wanted to change the galaxy and make a difference you did it there. This was short sighted, of course. All of that only worked with people who were willing to do the nasty stuff that required brains over brawn. Even so, it was a far less glorious path. He couldn't help but wonder what had lead Shan down it?

He was trying to be better about understanding others.

Last edited:

ukatishealing.png

Ukatis
Tags: Open

pi_divider.png

Elsewhere, near where the Mandalorian assault had first touched down, a crowd was beginning to form. For a very strange reason, as men and women dressed in teal uniform with matching beret and vest all organized around a strange individual, his head wrapped in cloth and lab coat hanging casually from his shoulders.

This was a demonstration.

Akar Rhonvogg wanted to change the entire face of planets. This was going to have to do for now though; Environmental reconstruction, that is. Mandalorian flame throwers and pressure bombs had ravaged the countryside. Now he was here to put his new piece of tech to good use, and to help show the rest of the galaxy what his organization was capable of creating. It was a good place to start on all fronts.

"Alright, now lets bring her out," Akar decided. "Who has the package?"

"Intern Engineering Officer Larkspur," one of his men stated. "She's... on her way."

Delphi Larkspur Delphi Larkspur would wobble her way through the crowd, a large pack on her back. That was it, the L.E.R.P. Within that backpack housed the fruits of their early labor, the road that would pave the way to complete planetary restructuring.

In time.

"I got the package, sir!" Delphi exclaimed, placing down the bag with a huff. It was perhaps a little large for her.

"Perfect," the director nodded. "Alright, it's time for SCIENCE!"

He would press the activation button dramatically, which triggered the refitted emitters within to emerge and begin spewing out a near transparent gas with a green hue.

Very slowly.

"Uh, sorry folks," Akar apologized with an awkward laugh. "Science takes a while. Emitting all the organic material within is a 5 hour process."

And the crowd very quickly dispersed. Akar let out a sigh. They could all come back to look at the progress later, he supposed. A baby ecosystem would be here by morning.

ukatishealing.png

div1.png
"Aye, let's get to work," Aiden said with a grin of confidence this time. Beneath that layer of Corellian strength, however, he was hoping to have danced around the subject of her eyes. It had already been an attempt to focus on something polite, rather than the more obvious, but now he almost felt as if he was slowly but surely digging his own grave again. Luckily, she uncrossed her arms and gestured for him to follow after her.

The soldier fell in line with trained steps.

Up ahead stood the Zeltron he had spotted earlier, and following a brief introduction, Aiden reached out to shake her hand. He had most definitely picked up on the teasing touch to Danger's voice, but rather than blush, his grin only widened a little. Thus far, the older woman had caught him somewhat off-guard, but he was regaining his composure, as well as his natural air of confidence. He was a soldier — an officer — and he had resisted more dangerous things than hips and feminine curves.

At least, that's what he tried to convince himself of.

"The pleasure is mine," he said politely while he dipped his head in greeting. Aiden then withdrew his hand back to his side, and looked between the two women while they discussed the plan. He was to help Danger with her work on the Krakkis, and the Zeltron would be handling things here. He could work with that, even if her presence was still somewhat distracting.

The two then started walking, and as soon as Aiden reached the exit of the tent, he held it open for her and gestured for her to step past him with an outstretched hand. Everything seemed to be going well again, though right as she was about to leave, the conversation circled back around.

Her eyes.

"Your eyes tell me you've seen a lot," Aiden began, as he watched her step out with that nerve-racking hip sway. "The kind of things people in the core won't see. But I think a more fun answer is that they shine as brightly as the twin-suns." Aiden smirked with some Corellian smugness bleeding into his demeanor, but still tried perhaps a little too hard not to sound overly flirty there. She had asked, and it would have been rude not to answer, right?

U K A T I S
OBJECTIVE: The Main Tent | Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek | Open for interaction
The Eve Foundation |
Outfit | x | x | x | x | x |

music_christinahendricks.jpg
That explanation prompted a hearty snort of amusement and then a throaty chuckle. Shoulders and generous curves gently shook in mirth, the redhead casting a twisted, wry smile over at the Lieutenant going, "Is that the sort of pickup line you gave to your sweetheart, Lieutenant Rennek? If so, well..." she gave a cant of her head in amused acknowledgment, drawling out over her shoulder, "For a Corellian, that tracks."

"Reckon, you might as well just said,'You got Tatooine eyes -- deep and mysterious as the secrets hidden beneath the Dune Sea.'"
the woman teased the Alliance Marine by providing her own tip for cheesy pickup lines the next time he needed to compliment a woman's eyes in conversation.

It was a bit of light fun at the Lieutenant's expense in good humor, adding after that with a hearty exhale, "Goodness, been a long while since I've heard a line as funny as that. Thank you kindly." It was said with genuine gratefulness, the recent widow needing a few good laughs to keep her mind from wandering into the black. All too often, that miasma of melancholy would trickle into her mind, feeding like maggots on a womp-rat carcass. Round and round, they would go, playing a terrible game of assumptions, concerns, and worries.

The walk towards the landing area designated for donees was about half a klick away. It allowed some time to chat as much as to observe the set up of recovery efforts by all those participating. Each step would rustle up dust, sending the swirling scent of earth, burnt plastcrete, and the sickly sweet smell of bacta from triage.

There were a lot of good folk here. A whole lotta need. Here's hoping what they were doing would truly make a difference.

It was odd, walking through the destruction of a planet that was not caused by his side. He stepped on a shard of glass, crushing it underfoot as he kept walking through the ruined settlement. People scurried about in all directions like headless chickens though seemingly still organised in some fashion, workers were well on their way to rebuilding structures, and others were no doubt moving off to whatever task they had to complete, unloading supplies, working at soup kitchens, working at medical tents.

Whatever a planet did to recover after an attack.

He had never truly learned that, after all in the Sith invasions he participated in, they came, they saw, they conquered, and then they left. It would be up to the occupying forces, those left behind, and the dispatch of bureaucrats from Jutrand that would restore true peace and order to the world, make it a thriving and productive asset for the Sith Empire. Unless of course some warlord had accomplished it themselves or were able to convince the Emperor and his Dark Council that the world would be better suited to their control. Then, it would be their duty to restore the place to what it once was.

Alvaria had submitted to him peacefully.

Well, as peacefully as one could in a galaxy like this.

Yet it had still been invaded, even if the damage had been minimal.

Still, restoring the place to what it once was, was something that would take years, decades, perhaps even a century. After all, the worst crisis that came to Alvaria happened centuries ago, and it was no Moridinazid attack, it was no Sith invasion. It was global nuclear annihilation.

Still, here he was, walking through the streets of a world that was almost guaranteed to recover itself, even without the truly galactic-wide relief effort that had been drummed up to support it.

One that had even drawn the eye of a Sith Lord of all people.

He paused for a moment at the ruins of some building, some house perhaps? Yet he saw an unreadable sign by the entrance, still, he could not quite say its purpose. The glass was shattered in, there was no sign of life, as everything inside was thrown across the floor. This was a life once, or at least held a life.

Who knew if the occupant still lived?

Blue contacts in front of red eyes moved on, as his feet followed after.

The Sith and the Moridinazid hated each other, such was one of the many facts of life, and after all, both sides had quite strong reasons for their hatred. The Moridinazid had attempted to destroy Dromund Kaas, the Sith had taken Moridinae... and well... made it Moridinae. Such did not even cover the rest of the cruelty that they had relayed to each other these past millennia. Though he was a rather... prominent exception of his Order's almost definitional hatred of the Mordinazid, or well specifically towards one Mandalorian in particular, there were no Sith out there that had not taken grim satisfaction at watching the Moridinzid Enclave and the Galactic Alliance tear each other apart, all the while the Sith grew in the shadows.

Bogan knew he had even assisted the Moridinzid, in the shadows, moving subtly, moving what pieces he could, making a fuss in the periphery and the rear, anything to distract Jedi focus.

And this was the result he had brought.

He felt no guilt about it.

This was war, this was what the Alliance deserved.

Yet there was one Ukatian that he had grown to care for. The one who he had in his own way warned that this attack was coming. The one whom once he saw the call for aid, he found himself diverting credits from Alvaria to Eliad, and from there to Ukatis. The most odd Jedi, who paradoxically was somehow the Jedi who he thought exemplified what it meant to be a Jedi the most. Someone who exemplified their code, who actually made him believe that though the Jedi were wrong... they did some point in their existence.

The one who had not drawn her blade, when he himself had thrown the attack her way.

For all he would do, to make the Alliance crumble, he did not want to see her harmed.

Though, he did not want to see any Jedi harmed either.

If only they could be convinced to see the truth of the darkness, then they could fight the only foe that mattered, the one that demanded they fight, those brothers and sisters separated by millennia of war beyond their choosing.

He told himself he was only here to make certain his aid arrived, but, as he made sure his hood was draped over his face, as he made sure that though he was visible by the eyes seen, he was not visible by the eyes unseen, he knew his true purpose.

To see a glimpse of Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , that Jedi princess that he had protected as much as he could on Thule, it would be a shame if she was harmed after all his efforts, no?

Last edited:

Alicio was in the thick of the labor when he heard a familiar voice.

There was a gratifying burn in his arms as he pushed a hovercrate alongside the other volunteers. Some of the newer workers seemed a little surprised at the Count's eagerness to roll up his sleeves. But those that had worked alongside him in the past looked on proudly. Of course Senator Organa was doing the work himself.

“Afternoon, Senator! Care to join me? We're about to lay the roofing."

He looked up, a playful smirk mirroring Jasper's own. "Happy to," he responded, looking briefly for a ladder, before clambering up to the unfinished roofing. Somehow, the Count hadn't abandoned his all black attire, though it was obviously made of breathable material, and he was sans his characteristic swooping cape. "Are you here with the Shield Core, Sentinel? I didn't realize I was paying double to this effort."

He snickered, obviously joking.

"I've... never worked on a roof before. How can I help?"

- Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el -

"Are you here with the Shield Core, Sentinel? I didn't realize I was paying double to this effort."

"Oh, come on now," Jasper remarked with a grin. "We've expanded our revenue streams. Only some of it is your money. But yes, the Core is here."

It was a funny joke. Of course, it was fine either way. Donations were donations, and the Core took what it could get to make sure that the people of the Galaxy had what they needed. That was what the Senator wanted to be done with his funds after all. Fighting in the war had pushed the Sentinel of Harmony in this direction. Growing up in the wake of the chaos that it brought about only made his desire to clean these messes up even greater. Especially after witnessing the Maw destroy Panatha, and even their own home world of Exegol with that self-desctructive ritual they unleashed. A last-ditch effort to break what they could. It had cost billions of lives.

"Roof tiles are easy," the man assured. "All the underlayering is already down. The ones we're using are flexible too, so no complex interlocking. Theres a softer band at the top where the nail enters, and we overlap the tiles by a fourth of their lenght." He tapped his foot to the floor, bringing attention to a grid that was drawn out on the previous layer. "We line them up horizontally using this here guide. Start at the bottom and work our way to the top. Nothin' else to it."

The young man had become a fighter out of necessity, but building things was his real calling. Strange inventions, orginizing new housing. Perhaps it was a good retirement route. He was still needed on the battlefield, unfortunately, but at the very least he could focus some of his attention where he was certain that it really mattered.

"The hard one is when you have to account for air pressure," he laughed as he handed Alicio a nail gun. "Can't say I recommend getting sucked out into space. This is the stuff you don't have to think about."

Yes, She thought to herself immediately. That is hard to believe.

Cora had to remind herself that before the Enclave, she'd had a rather neutral view of Mandalorians as a people. She'd even fought alongside one as a Padawan - Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad - and found her to be quite clever and honorable. It stood that individual Ukatians would have their own views of the warrior people before the invasion of their home.

But a scandalous romance between a Ukatian Knight and Mandalorian? She hadn't imagined that. Gears were turning in her mind. Yes, yes, a fling between two warriors, ignited by the clash of blades-

The ink of Lady Velvet's pen would flow freely tonight.

Cora shook her head free of that thought, a gesture that might've looked dismissive.

"That….that almost sounds like a tale of old. Which story book did they rip that out of?"

Her rigid presence eased just enough for a brief chuckle to slip from her lips.

This was more than just idle chatter. Wary eyes were passing over them, mostly Ukatian. Both Cora and Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze knew that they wouldn't be receiving a warm welcome from the people here - but if their Princess traded respectful words with Alor Kryze, perhaps it would ease their concern long enough for operations to run smoothly.

Princess was not a title Cora wore openly, but she would wield it as a social tool when necessary. The commonfolk still recognized her as such, believing her to be a lady in mourning rather than the cause Prince Horace's death.

A breeze drifted past, carrying with it a sense of familiarity before dissipating into the air. Cora peered over her shoulder, eyes narrowing for a tic before her attention returned to Jenn.

"It seems that you have your people well in hand, Alor."

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Ukatis
| Objective | Converse with the Princess

Blissfully unaware as she was that she stood before her favorite author, the Mandalorian gave out a slow shrug in the wake of the young woman's words, followed by an amused huff. "The fairy tales may be embellished, but there's always a little truth in all of them, you know. Maybe these two will be immortalized in song or text one day, and add to the repertoire - who can rightly say?" There was a certain simplicity to trading words beyond what was expected of her to get through the objective at hand: the two of them were not speaking of the war, nor its effect on Ukatis and clan Kryze, but of a far more personal (and admittedly amusing) subject.

Jenn expected nothing of her clan when it came to fraternizing with others: she expected them to carry out her orders, but they had no obligation to make friends because she wanted them to. Some among them loathed the Jedi like nothing else, in spite of the Alor's remarkable fondness (and unending frustration) for the Order of peacekeepers - and she would never hold that against them. More so than any other clan, the warriors of the Owl formed a rich tapestry of cultures and beliefs, hailing from all corners of the galaxy, some of them with more skeletons in their closet than the Forgemistress ever cared to unearth. Even those who had once pledged their loyalty to the accursed Sith were welcome, if watched far more closely. It was through this open-mindedness that she mustered enough warriors to raze a planet in a matter of months.

"My hand has to be firm, if I am to create a legacy that will outlive me", came the siren's measured answer to the Princess' words. "Something bigger than myself, something with... meaning. I know you understand."

Simple words, perhaps, but a profound show of respect from one so firmly embroiled in the many struggles of leadership. Even now, she still felt the pressure weighing upon her, and yet it was not quite the same as the one she had experienced as a metalsmith of the Mandalorian Enclave. No longer was she powerless to bring about change where it mattered most, forced to watch as those she loved embarked on a path that would lead only to their destruction: and with that, came a mixed blessing of responsibility and freedom.

"Perhaps one day, your people and mine can partake in a tourney. For all of our marked differences, it seems we share a love for martial prowess." A sudden thought, perhaps, and unbidden, but one worth presenting. Just as she was about to go on about her fascination for the evolution of dueling techniques throughout Ukatian history, however, something pulled her attention - not that Corazona could particularly tell, thanks to the helmet.

<I have news, Alor.>

<Speak, Tarkus.>

<The enmity of the locals is outdone by their fear of us, I think. We can walk about without fear of attack, and so our task should be done soon. However... Karrys might've let it slip that you are with the Princess right now. Pollux will not shut up about talking to her about->

<No. Whatever it is he wants, it's a no. I'm not dealing with this right now. Or ever, in fact.>

<And here I thought you were a romantic.>

<You are so very lucky I am busy with royalty right now, mir'sheb, or I'd come and slap you myself.>

A snicker was her answer before she cut the line and turned her gaze back onto the woman before her, tilting her head to the side.

"Pardon my curiosity, but the thought came to me once I learned of your station. How does one juggle their duties as Princess and Jedi? I would not know how to lead my clan if I had to walk the path you do as well."

ukatishealing.png

div1.png
Maybe there was a reason for her name.

Danger.

Aiden sure felt like he was treading dangerous territory when she practically rated his 'pick-up line' and snorted. Once more, he had to keep his eyes up as her body responded to her laughter, but that was no difficult task this time. With beet-red ears and rosy cheekbones, he was far too embarrassed to think about anything beyond what he had just said.

"It uh, wasn't really meant as a pick-up line." He smiled sheepishly, knowing it could just deepen the grave he had already dug for himself to admit as such. What he had said about her eyes had been an honest truth — they were very striking and showed a lot about her. But, looking back at it now, it certainly sounded like a cheesy pick-up line that fit perfectly into the stereotypical Corellian man.

At least it made her laugh. That was always worth something.

"But I'm glad you liked it," Aiden finally managed with a somewhat more composed smile. "Yours is a little more clever, though. I'll have to keep it in mind," That awkward smile was slowly blending into a smug grin, as his features relaxed and the color of his face returned to normal, and he even dared a wink this time. She was unlikely to be phased by it, or by his looks and grins, but at least he could try his best to make this more of a challenge.

He couldn't be this easily flustered.

"...I hope I don't have to drag those crates all the way back," Aiden mused, that grin never leaving his face. Half a click wasn't exactly fun with a heavy crate of supplies in his hands. It was particularly hot outside, too. Or was that lingering heat from all the blushing? He pushed those thoughts aside for now. "Or are these meant to be relocated elsewhere?" He asked while he got himself mentally and physically ready to lift.

Jobsite had fallen quiet once more, hardhats removed from all the crew as they gave a silent tribute to the bodybag that just passed them. Being in the salvage business, Salacia came across a surprising number of bodies. Came with the territory of going through wrecks.

Somehow going through the city block and cleaning them was much worse. Most likely because these were all innocent civilians. There had been no choice in the matter for those caught in the crossfire.

A shake of his shaggy head as Zej gave the all clear for the crew to continue, hardhats being placed back on and equipment starting back to life.

"I have a feeling we're going to find a few more. " The overweight Pantoran looked grim as they walked, surveying the damage with a site foreman to go over a plan to clearing as quickly as possible. "Let's bring droids to start doing the heavy lifting in this area but put a few folks over to supervise. Just the delicate nature, you know."

The human foreman, Uri, gave nod, taking notes as he walked behind the pair. It seemed he was resigned to spending a good deal of time on the planet.

"Long-term let's consider how we're going to house a crew. I suppose we can bring in a vessel to orbit, or see if we can't deploy some kind of tent city for the crew down here. I'd just hate to get the way."

Judah wondered if Noah Corek Noah Corek was on planet. The man commanded soldiers, perhaps he had a solution for mobile housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom