Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Forgotten Tomb

THE FORGOTTEN TOMB

Kriff this girl was short. Not even three feet tall? Tara Willows was not one to normally judge a person but my word. She was seriously worried about the girl sitting next to her in the co-pilot seat. Tara was half tempted to ask the woman if she wanted a booster seat. Would that have been appropriate? Doubtful. One didn't usually ask questions like that around other Sith. They tended to have a temper. She couldn't blame them. There were certainly parts about her that she was sensitive about to....

The two of them met at the temple on Dromund Kaas. Now they were heading to out to the deserts in the system on Lessi in search of some tomb. Tara forgot the name. Some old legend from long ago. Some like Darth Vecky, or vectre. Who really cares about a dead guy? Apparently scouts had found the tomb and reported it with life inside. So rather than sending a Lord out to clear it, they sent two Acolytes. Trivial and meaningless work in other words. They might as well have sent a troupe of droids. But this was good practice. So here they were.

Finding the tomb was easy as their destination was input already from the scouts. All that needed to be done was fly out there. Tara could have gotten a droid to fly for her, but she had a thing about flying. As a child she was in a pretty bad accident that left her with some trust issues. Now, Tara flew whenever she could. And in this universe, that was something one needed to know. So many issues could come up without a decent pilot and a good ship. Even a bad ship could get someone from A to B. Especially after being trapped on the same planet for most of her childhood. Tara never wanted to be tied down again.

Tara Willows was wearing her usual attire: a black vest and torn pants with a heavy fuzzy coat slung over her shoulders. Tara wore that coat everywhere, even on the hot planet of Dromund Kaas. At her side was her brand new double bladed collapsible hilt with orange beams. She kept her hair short, shaved on one side and white on the other. It made her baby blue eyes pop. Unlike her counterpart, she never wore makeup. Or when she did, it was very rare.

"So what do you know about this place?" the girl would ask the other. "Anything I need to know before we dive in?"

Location: Cockpit, Omicron-class O-1 Imperial Shuttle - Approaching Iessi
Tag: Tara Willows Tara Willows

Hours spent in a bacta tank since the battle over Ziost had left her feeling groggy for a few days in the wake of her duel against two Jedi on the Prosperity, but even then, the Sister did not rest. The Qilin had worked to recover the strength in her body, while focusing the Dark Side within her being so that she would be ready to fight again when called to do so. It had come in the form of prayer to her Eternal Father, the man who was also her master, where she was one of his apprentices.

To have her training overseen directly by the being of her fear and devotion was nothing if not a blessed distinction, one which she did not deserve, but could not renounce.

His training had prepared her to meet and emerge victorious over two Jedi on the Prosperity, in a vicious, bloody showdown which she had conquered, thereby defending her Eternal Father's empire.

In contrast to her clash with the two Jedi on the Prosperity, the Sister anticipated that this mission would be somewhat easier, yet would still present a number of challenges. After all, she would not have been assigned such a duty if it was thought that she had outgrown them. While she had faced the two Jedi and survived, she had ultimately failed to kill them.

Next time, she would not.

Gazing up at the woman next to her, the Sister took in her features as she spoke, honing in on her baby blue eyes and chalk white hair as she did. However, since everyone was bigger, taller, and stronger than her, including Tara, the finer details of her being taller and more muscular than average for a woman did not fully register with the Sister. Instead, she saw her as a peer and a competitor, as all Sith of her rank were. A sister in Darkness against the bondage of the Light.

“From what I read, we are going to the Tomb of Darth Vechra, once ruler of this world, 400 years ago.” The Sister began. “According to the reports, there are still droid guardians active within the crypt. Also, some...scum landed a couple days ago and are preparing an operation to penetrate the depths of the tomb, presumably to take loot.” The diminutive Qilin said with thinly veiled disgust. “We should expect to meet them, along with the droids, and even some beasts.”

“If you don't mind me saying, I think you should land some distance from the tomb, so that the looters in the outside camp don’t spot our approach. The bikes in the back are fast and can take us the rest of the way. They have auditory dampening systems, so we won’t be heard.”

Last edited:
Tara would listen as her comrade explained the mission. They were going to a tomb from a Sith Lord - like she expected. Some old guy who was obsessed with himself. But Tara couldn't not respect the need for a grand tomb. Something to celebrate her life. She enjoyed that prospect. But then again, she didn't care much for what happened to her body after she died. She wouldn't be using it anymore. Not that Tara had any plans to do. She was planning on living forever. So far so good.

There were also droids inside. Presumably. But what was confirmed were the bandits about the raid the place. how wonderful. Fodder to kill. Tara was itching to try out her new saber on something. And the beasts within would pose no problem either. She didn't think anything could stop her now that her Force powers had awoken within her.

Her comrade would then suggest that the two of them land some distance from the tomb. The First Sister mentioned her speeder bikes in the back that she'd brought along. Tara didn't mind. She was looking forward to riding one of those beauties ever since she bought them from that dealer back on Dromund Kaas. With a smirk she nodded her head making her hair dance a little.

"No I have no problem with that. I've been itching to play with one of those since I brought them on board." She then added slyly, "But I think you're just using that as an excuse to ride them. I don't blame you. They're wicked fast I'm told. But I doubt landing at the tomb's front door would pose any problems. I know my ship isn't meant for combat but I highly doubt they have some sort of anti-aircraft defenses waiting for them."

Tara shrugged and continued, "Then again....I don't want them shooting at my baby. Carbon scoring is not fun to rub out. And I'm not paying to get her fixed after I just got her. SO you're right. Let's land far away from those scumbags."

@firstsister

Last edited:

The hint of a smile flashed across the Sister’s pale features for a brief moment upon hearing Tara agree with her. Speeder bikes were fun, especially fast ones like the Emeici. However, her focus remained on the practical, calm, yet simmering with passion beneath the surface as she readied her mind and body to channel the Dark Side. Strand-casts of her type, IX-73b, were typically quite awkward and reserved, living modest lives of prayer and service to their Eternal Father. In First Sister’s case, the man that she prayed to was also her master. She had distinguished herself from her peers in the New Sith Order through her affinity with electrical-based manifestations of the Force. As such, she had been placed in a modified training regimen which granted her opportunities to study outside of Malsheem, including with the Sith Order on Dromund Kaas.

Such opportunities were how she found herself meeting with Tara Willows in advance of her assignment to clear out the tomb of Darth Vechra. The Sister found that she liked the woman, in spite of the fact that her manner was quite different from the quiet and meditative personalities of her peers in the New Sith Order. Even so, finding such openness unconventional, especially as compared to the strand-cast Sith she was used to, the Sister could only awkwardly nod along, her social skills not yet fully tuned for the kind of conversation that natural born individuals, like Tara, could sustain as easily as breathing.

“Good.” The Sister began, clearing her throat as she did. “Umm...there is one more thing.” The Qilin paused. “Reports did indicate that we may or may not encounter the Cult of Vechra within or around the temple. The cult has lost significant influence since Vechra’s death, but they may still be present in the area. They’re the only group who’s been opposing the scavengers, but their efforts have largely failed. They may attempt to impede us as we penetrate deeper into the tomb, but there may be a way around them that doesn’t have to end in violence.” She finished.

Sith though she was, the Sister did not want to kill spiritual beings without just cause. If not out of respect for their beliefs, but fear.

Last edited:
So they were in agreement. Tara would land the The Starlight -her Omnicron ship- far away from the temple and the pair would take the new speeders. That should have been that. Only, The First Sister had more information to share. Enough to pause her and be concerned. She explained that there were probably still cultists within the tombs. She also didn't seem too keen on destroying them along with the bandits.

Tara thought about this for a moment as she looked to The First Sister. She pursed her lips and then looked back out to the swirling light of the hyperspace tunnel. "Destroying them would not be an issue." She wanted to throw that out there. "But I see what you mean. It feels like killing some of our own. But if they're worshipping some four hundred year old dude, maybe we should give them someone new to pray to." Tara wouldn't lie, she was vain enough to mean her.

"Tara Willows, the Siren, and..." she stopped for a second. "You know you never told me your name. My master just said I'd be traveling with some sister. Does this sister have a name?"

The Sister was glad to hear that Tara thought the same of the cultists, which would certainly help in ensuring that things did not come to violence in engaging with them. However, the Qilin remained aware that if they were more aggressive than anticipated, violence might be a foregone conclusion.

In spite of the uncertain possibilities, the Sister felt good about the mission, which represented a chance for her to stretch her legs after Ziost, even if it was somewhat trivial work. Nevertheless, the Sister had come prepared, gauntlets on her arms loaded with weapons, each miniaturized to fit her tiny frame. Her lightsaber was locked in place as well, in addition to a holdout blaster, and a knife. She had also brought an energy shield and her Supernal Infusion, which would help if they needed to fight multiple enemies over a sustained period.

While many Sith would have looked down on her for using so many “crutches”, at her diminutive size, the Sister needed every advantage that she could get.

“Darth Vechra is a Sith Lady.” The Sister corrected, albeit in a placid tone. “She was a Jango Jumper, of which there is quite a large population on this planet. We’ll have to be careful, as it is likely that much of the tomb is constructed with their physiology in mind.” She finished, as the extreme athletic and acrobatic capabilities of the Jango Jumpers were famous enough to need no further explanation.

“My name is First Sister.” She answered. “You may call me Sister, though.”

Her silence from there was enough to imply that she had no “real” name.

A Sith Lady? Oh. Well that changed things. It changed things a lot. Where she first thought this was some pompous old fool, now it was a well respected woman who wanted to place her name on the world. Tara felt almost bad for thinking anything less of the Darth now. She actually envied her now. Tara wanted a large statue and tomb of herself.

"A Jango Jumper," she repeated out loud. "Oh joy. And what do you mean your name is FIrst Sister? What kind of a name is that? I'm not calling you sister. Not because I don't want a sister, but because you need a real name. F. S. Fos? Fuss? Fuzz? Fizz? Nope. I don't like that. F.S. What can we do with F-S. Tell you what. My father always called me Starlight. So that's what I'll call you. Starlight. It's better than Sister anyhow."

Tara didn't care if the First Sister liked it or not. It would be hard to change her name now that she'd taken the initiate to give her the nickname. Albeit, even if it were her own nickname. She always appreciated being called that so why wouldn't this girl? It was almost kind of her to do so. She should be thanking her.

"Now. This Jango Jumper could be a problem. If you say the tomb might be tailored we'll be doing a lot of Force Jumps. I don't see a problem with it." She looked to the First Sister and pursed her lips. "How high can you jump exactly?" She didn't mean for it to sound rude, but facts were facts. The First Sister was short.

The Sister frowned, but did not protest when Tara declared her new nickname as Starlight. Perhaps if she were in a more dreary mood she might have insisted on being called Sister, but the Qilin found that she liked Tara, even if her manner was more informal than she was used to. After all, there was a chance that the name would not stick or would remain only as a casual address between two girlfriends. Only time would tell, but so far, the Sister was content with it.

“Well...okay.” The Qilin replied, as she nervously rubbed the unbelievably sharp tip of the horn on her forehead as she did, accidentally drawing blood from her left index finger in the process.

The brief stab of pain set Starlight back into focus, the gears in her mind turning as she listened to Tara and contemplated her response.

“My Force Jump is fine.” Starlight answered, as she wiped the blood from her finger. “Obviously without the Force...it might be an issue.” She admitted softly, before clearing her throat. “That said, we may be calling on the Force quite a bit. There’s going to be a lot inside the tomb. I have something that will stave off exhaustion and energy depletion. Give me a moment to go to the cargo area.”

Jumping out of her seat, Starlight moved to one of the cargo areas and picked up one of the crates of her own personal supplies she had brought along for the mission, containing everything from spare changes of clothes, rations, toiletries, and more. Among the items she had brought were two bottles of highly concentrated Supernal Infusion, an alchemical potion she had created herself which could immediately restore an individual’s Force reservoir. Picking up one of the bottles, Starlight closed the crate and headed back to the cockpit.

“This.” Starlight said, in a slightly proud tone as she showed off her creation to the Siren. “All you need to do is inject a dose when you feel exhaustion and it will restore your Force energy.”

Given the demanding nature of her powers, the potion was something that she now never went without. In offering it to Tara, Starlight was not only offering the woman her assistance, but also her implicit friendship.

“However, don’t drink it, at least not this one. This bottle is very concentrated and is only meant to be injected. It has enough for like a hundred doses.” She added awkwardly.

“I can make some that you can drink, though, if you want.”

Tara was glad that the woman didn't throw down the idea of a nickname. She couldn't image being called Sister wherever she went. Not having a name? It wasn't human. And Tara wanted to show her new friend that she had value. She had worth. A name was the first way to show that off.

The woman would start playing with her horn atop her head which Tara couldn't help but stare at for a moment. It wasn't the first time she'd done so. She really wanted to ask the girl about it; ask what it was like to have a horn. She imagined it would be just another thing, like how she was allergic to eggs. You didn't miss what you never had. Or in this case, you couldn't explain what you've always had. Tara actually knew what it was like to lose something. A horn in a matter of speaking. She still had little phantom feelings from time to time. She wondered if it was anything like that.

Answering her question, the Qilin would confirm that she would have no issue exploring the cave with her diminutive stature. She then offered up something she had to support them. Tara raised an eyebrow as the girl went to go search her belongings. Tara sat back in her seat and crossed her legs over one another while she waited. What exactly could she have? Jetpacks hopefully? That would be helpful. In fact that would probably be the most helpful thing she could bring back.

But what she in fact came back with was something Tara could have never guess. Force in a bottle, in a matter of speaking. All one needed to do was inject the liquid into the bloodstream and it would replenish one's connection to the Dark side. Tara nodded, impressed. "Alright. That sounds-"

Tara was cut off as an alarm from the navicomputer flashed. She held a finger up to The First Sister to say she would continue that thought in a moment. She scooted her seat up and would flip a few switches before bringing the shuttle out of hyperspace. The light tunnel vanished and turned into a dark scene of stars ahead of them. The large planet of Lessi lie dead center. Tara flipped a few more switches around before taking the wheel and bringing them into the atmosphere.

"No that's really something," she said as she flew. "I'm no stranger to needles so that shouldn't be a problem. I think I might even have a few in my medpack. I'll have to check. And thank you"

The ship left the atmosphere and headed further towards the ground. Tara checked the systems to make sure they were going the right way and soon enough she would start her approach for the landing sequence. She told The First Sister to buckle up -doing so herself- and then bringing the ship down for a gentle touchdown. She then started to turn off all the controls before unbuckling herself from the seat.

"Alright. We're here. Let's go test out those speeders."

First Sister First Sister

Location: Cargo Area, Omicron-class O-1 Imperial Shuttle - Iessi

The Sister, now Starlight, did not delay in buckling in as the ship emerged from hyperspace, holding firmly onto the bottle in her hands as the light tunnel shifted to blackness, Iessi directly ahead. The electromancer gave a relieved breath. She wasn’t a pilot and quite often, space travel made her nervous, especially when jumping into or out of hyperspace. However, traveling through hyperspace itself was relaxing, but she could not shake the sensation of anxiety that overcame her during the transitions.

Idly, Starlight thought back to the woman’s previous question regarding her ability to jump and wondered what Tara would have done if she had not been prepared to engage with the terrain inside the tomb on her own. A picture in her mind formed of her situated on top of the Siren’s strong shoulders in the manner of a loth-cat as she climbed up a cliff face. Another manifested of Tara carrying her in her arms, smiling down at her as she cuddled up against the Siren’s bosom. More moments such as these appeared in her mind, warm, intimate, affectionate, and even loving. However, such thoughts, while very comforting, were also dangerous. While Starlight had heard of Sith getting together as lovers, there was always a risk in such affairs. As such, they were quickly shoved into the back of her mind, but she knew that they would linger, nevertheless.

Not to mention, she didn’t even know if Tara liked girls.

Upon seeing her partner unbuckle herself from the seat, Starlight did the same. Then, after giving a nod to Tara, as the woman would not be seeing her face for some time, Starlight sealed her helmet over her head, thereby concealing her features behind a villainous red mask, albeit with a small hole for her horn to stick out of.

Leading the way into the cargo area, Starlight approached one of the speeder bikes and tapped a few buttons on the interface, powering it on as the turbo fan engine hummed to life. Then, with a deep breath, Starlight hopped into the pillion, all the while letting the ergonomics automatically adjust to fit her tiny frame.

“I’ll lead the way to the tomb.” Starlight said as she looked over her HUD. “Make sure that the auditory dampeners are on as well. If they don’t have sensors, we should be able to surprise them.” Then, a short pause.

“Ready?”

Last edited:
Tara could feel some uncertainty while they were coming out of light speed. Was it a lack of faith in her abilities? Or something else? She tried not to peer into the girl's mind, but the Force sometimes provided for her. She had a strange feeling of the two of them snuggled up together. Tara wasn't sure if it was her own mind piecing these two things together or The First Sister's. It was a welcome thought though. For now. They needed to focus on the mission ahead of them. Tara wiped the thought from her mind.

The First Sister would place a helmet over her head and hide her face from the world. Tara wondered how she could see in one of those things. But also, she thought about armor. She was practically naked when it came to the sister's repertoire. She looked at her bare arms -the tattoos on one- and sighed. Hopefully this combat wouldn't cost her anything. She had faith in her new powers. She had faith in her lightsaber. No. She'd be fine. What could possibly go wrong? She was a Sith now. Sith were all powerful.

Starting up the hoverbike Tara would situate herself on the seat and let the system adjust to her own size. She revved the engine to hear the roar. It sounded so good in these closed quarters. Using her hand, she flipped the switch on the wall by use of the Force which let down the ramp to their ship. It occurred to her right then and there that she was leaving her ship alone and unoccupied. Anyone could just come in and steal it. Perhaps she'd figure out a way to lock the systems. That would be a start. Or, have a droid stay behind to protect it.

Her comrade would insist on leading the way which Tara didn't mind. She nodded her head to her. She then reminded her of the dampners; Tara looked over the controls for a good moment before figuring out which switch it was. She figured it out though. She then gave another nod to her and the two would take off. Tara followed closely behind her new friend, thinking yet again about cuddling with her. Tara smiled as she shrugged the thought away. Behave, she told herself. Behave.

The Emeici was a fast, powerful machine. However, as the Sister had no training as a pilot and was only proficient in driving landspeeders, she made sure to turn the speed governors down so that she didn’t accidentally spin herself out. Then, upon activating the auditory dampeners, she was off.

Night had fallen over the region of Iessi they had landed in, affording their approach to the camp outside of the tomb some cover given the absence of light. It would be sorely needed, as Starlight knew that she and Tara would be greatly outnumbered. Nevertheless, they were Sith, capable of bending the world to their will and manifesting powers that broke conventional laws. Even as Acolytes, they could inflict terror and devastation to make men cower before them, as if they were two goddesses of death.

It was not long before they arrived at the outskirts of the camp. After briefly looking for a somewhat hidden area, Starlight decided to park her speeder behind a rock, before powering down the engines and hopping out of the pillion, looking towards Tara as she did.

“I sense guards outside.” She said over comms, her voice concealed by the sonic neutralizers in her helmet, which allowed her to speak without being heard. “That said, if you want...we can go loud.” She added in a slightly coy tone, eager to see what terrors Tara could inflict when unleashed, just as she was to show off her own powers in harnessing electricity.

The wind was in her face. It blew in her hair and her hair flipped across her nose and eyes. It was very annoying. Why didn't she have goggles or a helmet like the First Sister. She would have to get that fixed by the next time she took these for a ride. The minor annoyance allowed her to stay at a decent pace with Starlight who was not even pushing the bikes to their full potential. It was soon nightfall which made things even more difficult for the Sith to see. She had to trust in her feelings to not rush into a rock or sand dune.

Within the hour they arrived at the camp and came to a slow stop behind a large rock. Tara dismounted the bike and fussed with her hair, trying to get it back in one place. Such an aggravation. Her comrade would ask her how they were to proceed. She sensed guards outside, and asked if it was best to go quite or loud. Tara smirked. The idea of going in hot was rather enticing to her.

"My master would tell me to be stealthy. To not risk open warfare if I can help it. We will stay quiet, for as long as we can. Then, then we have some fun with it."

“Alright.” Starlight nodded, before briefly pausing in order to contemplate how they would handle the guards patrolling around the perimeter. “I’ll sweep around the perimeter to the left and...you can take the right. Take down any guards you see.” She began. “Then, we’ll link up at the opposite end and penetrate the camp. That should allow us to move inside without having to worry about being flanked.” The diminutive Qilin said.

“Ready?”

Upon hearing Tara’s affirmative response, Starlight moved to the left perimeter, keeping out of sight by concealing herself in the dry grasses as she did. At her size, it was not a tall order for her to remain unseen, but she nevertheless took every precaution to ensure that she was not detected.

Her first kill came only moments later, when she came up on a Gamorrean guard armed with a blaster rifle while patrolling the perimeter in a relatively lackadaisical manner. Just as he took a puff of the cigarra in his free hand, her lightsaber sprang to life. The Gamorrean did not have time to scream as Starlight leapt into the air and slashed her fiery magenta blade across his neck, thereby freeing his head from his shoulders in a textbook Ataru strike.

Starlight was gone by the time his body struck the ground, but she could already sense that the kill had attracted some attention. Fortunately, no one had seen her carry it out, but the flash of light produced by the ignition and subsequent deactivation of her lightsaber was distinct enough to warrant investigation. Soon after, she noticed an Aqualish guard approaching the scene, his weapon held at the ready as he scanned the area.

Just as he spotted the fallen body of his comrade, Starlight was upon him.

Small though she was, the Force enhanced her abilities just as well as it did for any Sith. With a single leap, the tiny Sith was on the guard’s broad shoulders. Her knife followed immediately, swiped across the man’s throat in the manner of a credit chit across a card reader, blue-green blood spraying in nearly all directions as the blade severed the creature’s windpipe. The gurgling noises produced by the dying creature, though loud when in close proximity, failed to alert anyone to his plight given the distance from the camp. Even so, Starlight did not stick around, moving quickly to finish sweeping the left perimeter so that she could link back up with the Siren.

The First Sister would give instruction, telling them to split up and take out the perimeter guards. Tara nodded in understanding. She;d reach for her double saber and unclip it from her belt. She wouldn't want to use it right away, but it was best to have it ready. With that, she went right and snuck through the tall grass. A task much harder for the white haired Sith than the Qilin.

Tara's first kill was not quick. But it was silent. She too found a Gamorrean who was making his way around the temple. Tara carefully moved up behind him and reached her arms around his large torso. One hand grasped his chin and kept his mouth closed from crying out; not an easy task with their large mouths. Her other hand wrapped around his neck and grabbed the side of his head. Tara would use her trump card, an ability her master told her to perfect. It was something she didn't want Starlight to know she could do. So it was a good thing the two of them separated.

Using the Dark side of the Force, Tara called upon her connection and linked herself to the Gamorrean. She began to absorb his Force energy. The deed was painful which is why she made sure to cover its mouth. Draining him took almost no effort from Tara as it actually gave her more energy. Its body shook and spasmed but Tara had a good hold on him. He dropped to a knee trying to shake her off but Tara's strength only grew and kept hold. He desperately tried to pull her off. There was nothing he could do. After a long minute Tara finally released him leaving behind nothing but a dried corpse.

Her next target would not be as easy. If that could be construed as easy. The group had assigned a droid to patrol along with the two Gamorreans and the Aqaulish. Tara cursed under her breath as she watched the droid walking towards her. She crouched and readied her saber. As he was almost on top of her the Siren ignited one of her beams and spun. She sliced it once upon the legs, a second through its head, then a third diagonally through the chest as it fell apart. Landing behind it she closed up her saber and let the orange beam die away leaving behind the shadow of darkness once more.

With little light to guide her, she managed to swing back around to the other side of the temple. She couldn't see where Starlight went, but she could feel her. She let out a little whistle, waiting to see if the girl would respond. When she did, Tara moved closer until she could see the red robes hiding out in the grass.

"My side's clear," she replied in a hushed tone. "Let's head inside."

There was little more stealth the duo could do as they entered the stairs leading down into the tomb. With only one entrance it wasn't like they could go around and flank whomever was inside. They could still stay quiet though. Tara held her saber in her right hand and unfolded the two ends. She didnt ignite them yet though. And when she did, she'd likely only use the one as she had before. No sense revealing all of her tricks right away.

The light of a campfire gleamed through the darkness. The smell of burning wood would be smelled next as the smoke had to filter out somewhere. Could the sister even smell through her helmet? She'd have to ask that another time. Tara signaled to her that she saw something and she crouched. Looking forward there were two guards sitting by the fire eating......something. Tara didn't want to know nor did she care. She gestured over there with two fingers to say there were two of them in her sights. She then asked Starlight with her hand to stay here.

Tara would move around in the shadows as best as she could. Her clothes were black so she didn't stand out too much. But her white hair made her look like a little ghost was floating around. Perhaps she should start addressing herself as the Ghost. But the Siren managed to get right up behind the two as she raised her blade. With a quick ignition and two fast slashes the two were down. The saber then died away and they were left with just the light of the orange fire. Tara would call out with another bird whistle signalling the all clear to her partner.

Three more guards, two Gamorrean and the last a Duros, fell to Starlight before she linked back up with the Siren. Her blade caught the Duros in the chest in a single acrobatic strike. Then, as the two Gamorreans moved towards their fallen comrade, Starlight focused the dark side energies within herself, tapping into a raw, white hot hatred for the looters and their ilk. Then, Lightning manifested from her fingertips, projected across the distance separating her from the closest of the two Gammorreans before striking the creature in the chest. Pushing more energy into her attack, the coruscating blue-white bolt bounced from her initial target to strike the other Gamorrean as well, setting both of the foul creatures on fire as electricity fried their bodies from the inside out.

Moments later, Starlight linked back up with the Siren nodding to the taller woman as she did.

“My side is clear as well.” Starlight replied. “I’ll be right behind you.”

True to her word, Starlight kept close to Tara, all the while utilizing the vision modes in her helmet to better see in the dark. Like all Qilin, Starlight unfortunately had no sense of smell. However, her armor’s sensors made up the difference. The lifeform scanners pinged contacts as the pair entered the tomb, the closest of which were two signatures only a few meters away.

However, just as Tara struck down the two guards by the fire, two groups of approaching lifeform signatures registered in her sensors, one from the entrance and the other from the depths of the tomb.

“Tara! Contacts! I think they’re trying to pin us between two groups! They’re armed! I think they found the bodies outside!” The Sister cried out over comms, though her voice was inaudible outside of her helmet owing to the integrated sonic neutralizers. “Get ready for a fight!” She added as she primed the dark side energies within to meet the incoming raiders...

Last edited:
As Tara finished off the two guards who were likely supposed to be keeping an eye out, she would hear shouting in her ear. It made her wince. She didn't have a helmet so she didn't have an H.U.D. either. She had to use a small earpiece and when Starlight spoke, it was loud. Who knew this little girl could make so much noise?

Tara was closest to the inner side of the tomb, as the First Sister were closer to the entrance. That's when two groups appeared. Tara felt them before she saw them. Thanks to Starlight's helpful words. Tara turned and activated her saber, both of them this time. She looked up at the hooded and helmeted figures. She would make this quick. Before they could raise their blaster she was on them. The woman flipped over and landed just before one of the ones with a helmet. She slashed him down quickly and then rotated her blade to slash directly at the one to his right. She then spun with the blade over her head and brought it down on the next one beside her.

This all happened in the span of two seconds. She was quick, using the Force to enhance her muscles. It was a technique her master had taught her for protecting herself mostly. A painful lesson. Now, the group of eight remaining had been aware of her presence. They raised their guns and began to fire at her. At this distance there wasn't much she could do. Tara jumped backwards and flipped, landing a good two meters from them. With controlled concentration she blocked the bolts as they flew at her and deflected a few of them back at the group. Seven remaining.

They would then start to spread out in an attempt to encircle her. Well Tara was no fool. She was an expert at that blade and having two of them gave her the advantage to block the bolts. Two more would fall by her hand. They were fools to separate though. Now Tara had another advantage. She'd jump once again and cross over to the ones counterclockwise to her. She slashed him across the chest then used his body as a shield while they tried to target her.

The body would fall and she'd move to the next. Doing much of the same she'd rid him of his weapon then stab him, then crouch behind him as the laser blasts pummeled his torso. Three left. This body fell and she spun the blade to block another session of lasers. Another fell. Two left. Tara smirked as she began to move closer to the duo. They desperately tried to keep her back. Tara continued to deflect the bolts until she was right on top of the one on the left. She cut him down, spun, then stabbed the last one with her blade. All ten had now been taken out. Tara stood and looked across the room to see how her new friend was doing.

Her eyes
glowed a bright, cyan hue as the energies of the dark side raged within her soul, laying bare her hate as a font of power, to be channeled into her manifestations of Force. With a single thought, the energy shield on her armor flared to life, projecting a scintillating, transparent barrier that would intercept any incoming blaster fire, thereby allowing her to dedicate more of her energies to offense. In doing so, Starlight let her senses embrace the electric current, utilizing it to detect the bioelectrical signatures of the incoming tomb raiders, who sought to pin her and Tara down between two forces.

In that, they would fail.

Once more, Lightning crackled from her fingertips, before being projected towards the first raider to appear at the entrance, a piglike Gamorrean who released a pained squeal as a fulmination of electricity caught him in the chest. Then, blaster fire rained down on her position, only to be deflected by her energy shield as Starlight set her attention on the others. Her Lightning struck one raider, before bouncing to another, then another, and one more, electricity jumping between targets in the manner of an ARC caster. However, sensing that they were not dead, Starlight grunted and poured more energy into the attack, causing the raider’s skeletons to flash in and out of visibility as their nerves were fried from the inside.

All the while, seven more raiders came rushing down the stairs, seeking to avenge their stricken comrades as Starlight fired yet more electricity at them. The Qilin acted quickly, shifting her power into the telekinetic, manifested in the form of a violent Push, intended to stun the charging looters. Then, upon sensing that the last of her initial targets was dead, Starlight set her focus on the rest, who were already moving to recover from the blast. However, the electromancer let them charge, moving back a safe distance away the fire so that they would follow to it.

“Tara, get as far away from the fire as possible! Take cover or make a barrier!” Starlight warned, as she gathered her energy within, preparing for a massive attack.

Then, just as the raiders got to within a couple meters of the campfire and upon sensing that Tara had presumably taken measures to protect herself, Starlight unleashed a powerful blast of electricity at the fire, triggering a massive explosion that very nearly engulfed the entire area.

Where were they all coming from? Tara backed up into the wall as she watched another host of them coming down the stairs. Her partner was doing much of the same. They were pushed back by her concussive blast giving Starlight enough time to retreat closer to Tara. She then yelled for her to take cover. Not that there were many places to do so.

Reacting quickly, Tara turned off her sabers and moved behind the stairwell wall. It wouldn't give much cover for what was coming next, but how could she have known. A blast of heat rushed past her making her feel like she'd burned her eyebrows off. Thankfully she didn't. She was no more hurt by the flame that a gust of hot wind. Tara waited a moment to make sure it was clear before coming back out from her hiding spot.

"Well that was something," she said to the woman.

From here, Tara could still sense life from a few of them. They were badly burned. But three were still alive. Tara ignited her single beam and slashed one through the throat. She then walked to the second and stabbed him. That was always her pattern. One slash. One stab. Repeat. But as she got to the third she changed tactics. Tara bent down as if to check the man's pulse as her lightsaber went out. She folded the hilts back together and placed it upon her hip for safe keeping. She then reached for the man's burning flesh and would press two fingers near his neck. Closing her eyes, she began to drain what little life energy the man had left.

Then it was done. Tara stood and brushed her hands off. "He's dead. Like the rest. Shall we move on?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom