Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Feast of Summer (Open to SJO)

Seo Linn said:
Emitting a few barks that sounded like a real dog, Seo lowered her hands again and nodded when Josh answered.

"I will be right back with something for all of us to drink. Jason will go through that one pretty quickly."

She would return to the one she had picked the drink up for Jason and request three more​ drinks along with one of the carriers for them. Thanking the owner, she paid him and returned to the blanket on the beach.

"Jason, you don't have to worry about feeding or taking care of these shadow animals. You know, this is something you can learn even."

From a young age, basically the same Jason was, her people started learning various ways to communicate. Through sound and motion outside of verbal speech. It was something that allowed Seo to do so well at reading people. It was a language of its own.

Looking at Josh, she took a drink from her cup and set it back down.

"Thank you for allowing me to join you. I don't know anybody here."

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]
"I... Don't know what" Jason would manage out shyly when Seo would return, talking about how he could make the shadow animals. He didn't seem to understand what she meant by not feeding them either. The whole thing seemed to go over the two year old's head. Josh laughed a bit at that, bowing his head lightly to thank her when she brought the drinks. Remembering that she'd gotten one for Jason as well, Josh looked toward his son. "Jason, say thank you to the nice lady for the drinks" Josh spoke softly. "T-t-thank you" Jason would speak out, with what seemed to be a light bow, or something similar. Josh hadn't taught him that, though. It seemed that he was mimicking his father's gestures for when Josh said thank you.

When Seo thanked them for letting her stay, Josh shook his head. "We appreciate the company" Josh spoke. "We were thinking of going swimming soon. You can join us if you'd like."

It was nice to have them getting along so well and just having a picnic on the beach. The boy may not have understood what she meant about not needing to feed the shadow animals, but Seo was interested in getting him started on learning how to create them himself.

"You're welcome, Jason. You have great manners."

Looking at Josh for permission, she would reach out Jason's hands if he allowed it.

"The easiest animal to make is that of the dog. Look at my hand and then the ground."​

If everything was fine, she would show Jason how to make the shape with his hands and then look at the shadow on the ground. Right now it looked more like a lumpy shadow, but some details could be seen.

"A swim would be nice after lunch."

Josh would let this go. She'd at least earned the right to try. He was close enough to intervene if there was a trick to it. Not that he thought she would with the Silver Jedi all around. Maybe that was part of why he was so relaxed? He knew that it wasn't likely that Jason would come to harm here.

Jason would tilt his head as Seo would show him how to make the shape of his hands into that of a doggy. It didn't look perfect, but Jason seemed to recognize it. "It's a doggy, daddy!" Jason cried out toward his father, and Josh had to keep from snort laughing. "I can see that, Jason!"

Jason would sit down and start to busy himself with making shadow doggies as Josh would nod his head when she responded to the swimming comment. "That can be done."

[member="Seo Linn"]

As Seo interacted with Jason, a change came to her. Even if it wasn't total. Her rigid muscles relaxed slightly and her expression softened. A sliver of emotion showed through and she smiled at the child in his accomplishment.

"Now can you make the sound of a dog?"

Looking up at Josh, her hair fell into face and covered one of her eyes. Reaching up to brush it back, her face retained that look she had with Jason.

"Thank you. He's a quick learner. Give him time and he'll be well on his way to being an imitator."

It wasn't meant to come across like a bad thing, but not every parent would want that for their child. This opened doors for Jason to explore though and as he learned more, it might keep him occupied and out of trouble.

"After lunch though. I'm hungry."

Josh noticed the change as this went on. As Jason would try to imitate the barking - it took a few tries - the child would manage out a "Woof!" which got a laugh out of his father. As Jason busied himself with imitating dogs, Josh would listen as Seo would note that Jason had learned quickly, and could be pretty good as an imitator.

"He tends to mimic me constantly, so I'm not surprised about that" Josh would admit with a light chuckle. "I'm happy with whatever career path he'd like to take, but learning skills isn't a bad idea. It's cool that he's got something he can pick up quickly."

He nodded his head when she spoke to have lunch first. "Of course" Josh answered. "Like I said, we have too much anyway, feel free to join us with what we have."

[member="Seo Linn"]

The offer of food had been extended earlier so once Seo made sure the boy was occupied, she helped herself to the food Josh had provided.

"I have found myself to be rather a curious person and investigate mysteries."

What prompted her say that she didn't know, but she felt like talking a little. A bit about herself that might not be something obvious. Maybe it had something to do with the conversation about paths. In a way she wondered just what Jason was going to be when he got older.

"Children seem to learn faster than adults. Maybe it is because their minds are still developing?"

Doing a more of​ a mental shrug, she took her first bites of the food on her plate.

"Thank you again. I said what type of person I am, what about you?"

He noted what she said about the kind of person that she was. He nodded his head in turn, looking back to Jason for a moment as he would continue trying to imitate a dog and making shadow puppets. "Jason? Since the nice lady is settled in, why don't we eat?" He asked him, who had suddenly perked up and darted his head right at Josh when he heard the word "eat". "Okay!" Jason chirped as Josh would smile and begin organizing the food so Jason would be able to eat safely.

"Might be" Josh spoke absentmindedly toward the bit about children possibly learning faster, as he finished doing so. Once he did, it was clear to go and Jason would immediately grab the closest thing that looked delectable to him (As Josh predicted he would) and begin to stuff himself. Josh chuckled a bit as he picked up a bit of food.

"Me? I'm a father. I think that's the most important thing about me" Josh spoke toward Seo as he would take a bite, nodding his head in approval.

[member="Seo Linn"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
"Umm thanks"? The way that [member="Jesse Organa"] sounded and seemed to be embarrassed cause a slight amount of confusion to Sukai. She was a dancer no? was being told you looked nice really that worth of such a reaction? Seemed a little counter productive in her mind, but everyone had with own thing, she was no different in that regard. "Oh, are yes I am willing to stay and talk with you, just I hope the drink does not make your stories go to out of proportion" she sort of joked as another round was passed by the bar tender. "Though I am guessing that you are a heavy drinker of sorts? or at the least have experince in that matter"? Being a pirate and all, being able to take booze was like a law among them no"?

It was nice to just be able to sit and enjoy some time relaxing. A part of life so often overlooked and when the chance came up, wasn't taken. Some people just never saw any moment as one to be able to kick back and take it easy. Seo and the others here weren't that way and were here to enjoy at least the afternoon.

Resting her plate on her lap, she ate and watched Josh get the food ready for his son. The child quickly started eating and appeared relaxed enough around her. Maybe it was because she had taught him a new trick or brought their drinks. Whichever reason it was, it was nice to notice that within him.

Looking at him and waiting until he was between bites, Seo wondered something.

"Jason, do you know how to swim? I grew up on a desert world for the most part so didn't learn how to swim until I was much older than you."

When Josh answered her question it was all she needed to know about him.

"It is indeed."

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

"Yes I can be quite a heavy drinker though it is fun to just talk and find common cause for anything." She looked around at some fo the other people who were there before taping her fingers on the glass in her hand. Nursing it and seeing [member="Ronin Wendigo"] who was there with them. "But come, I have told you about me jedi Sky'ito. now it seems only fair you tell me about yourself so that we can at the least have a dialogue and in case I have one or three too many we can at least not have awkward moments with you trying to carry me back to my quarters to sleep it off." She said ti without flirting more it was a matter of fact.

[member="Jesse Organa"] | [member="Seo Linn"] | [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]​
It was then after the dismal entrance he seems had ended up with between the two other female Jedi. Of which one seems none too bother by it and no less offer him a drink while the other. But then again with the other one...was another different story altogether as far he could fathom she most likely seem assumed him be probably drunk or something judging from the way he stared at him soon after.

At any rate, a bit lost for words as to how best explain himself and instead after a nod of thanks to [member="Jesse Organa"] for the drink. He then takes a drink from it while he sorts glance round. Draw to try to find her again in midst of the crowd but alas with the ever-growing crowd that gathers he could help overhear the conversation between the two jedi earlier. To which he could help let a sly smirk on his face form as he take a side glance at one them ( [member="Sky'ito Yumi"] ) and in his mind could help but agree. That she would no doubt gather quite the attention in any crowd but then not want to embarrass himself further he tried hard to stifle that train of thought any further.

At any rate note her then tap her glass lightly and no less recognize the hint of having worked in a bar or two in past. He then offers turn to her and spoke.

" Let me...if only make up for earlier."

He then took the glass once offer to him as he began asking what if any drink she was wanting have.

[member="Seo Linn"]

Jason looked at Seo and shook his head, letting out a "Mmm-mmmm" in negative when she asked if he could swim. "Nhope. I dho nhot no hhow to dwim" Jason would mumble with his mouth full. "Jason, don't talk with your mouth full" Josh would remark toward him after he'd swallowed a bite as he looked toward Seo. "Sorry" He spoke politely. "No, he doesn't know how to swim. I figured he was a bit too young. I did bring a floaty for him though. He likes the floaty" Josh would explain.

"I'll probably teach him in a shallower pool of water when he's a bit older."

Normally a rather stoic person, Seo couldn't help but smile slightly as she took a bite of food when Jason answered her question. She finished chewing and since Josh had already scolded him, it wasn't her place to do such a thing anyway, but she nodded.

"Perfect time to start learning that. The younger a person is, the easier it is to learn."

Just something she had noticed about kids especially. Maybe that was why in ancient times the Jedi picked up children only. Another something she did give a verbal thought to and did not mention it.

"It'll be fun to use that floaty and kick around, don't you think, Jason?"

"Mmm, perhaps" Josh responded in kind. "I just didn't know if he was, you know, big enough and developed enough to learn safely" He would explain. It wasn't like Josh was familiar with raising kids, after all. He didn't know if a kid Jason's age would be safe learning to swim. "Suppose it wouldn't hurt to teach him a little bit today using the floatation device."

Jason didn't hear her at first as he was stuffing himself, but after a few moments he seemed to realize she'd spoken and nodded his head. "Mhm!"

[member="Seo Linn"]

Lorrd was a desert world mostly and Seo had learned to swim when she had gotten older. It ended up being something she could do really well and enjoyed the opportunity to do it when she could. Even now, she was a strong swimmer, but not the best there was.

Growing up, she had been raised in a culture that was very open and accepting of each other. While she had parents, the children were raised by everybody and she had spent time taking care of children as she got older. None were her own, but she may have more knowledge of what they could or couldn't do at a certain age than Josh did.

"Each child is different, but even infants can swim with support."

When Jason did finally respond to what she said, she couldn't help but smile a little.

"Then we will go swimming soon. Once we are all finished eating. Not just you."

[member="Seo Linn"]

"Mmm, that's fair. Not sure if a beach is the safest place to teach a toddler to swim though" Josh would respond with a shrug. He could be wrong, he didn't know. He hadn't raised a kid before Jason.

Once the lot of them had finished eating, Josh would let out a yawn and stretch out as he would get to his feet.

"So, shall we go?"

He was probably accurate when he said a beach wasn't the best place to learn, but with floaties and observation it would be fine.

"Not teach him here, but just let him kick around. See how well he does. Based off showing him the shadow animals though, I think he's a fast learner and will catch on quickly."

Gathering up the plates and cups, Seo went and threw them away. She returned to Josh and Jason to see the father yawning and stretch.

"Looks like dad needs a nap."

Asaraa watched Yuroic wander away towards the toilets a smile pulling up the corner of her lips. It was always nice to hear her old master talk, he always seemed to have confidence in her even when she wasn’t so sure that she deserved the praise. There never seemed to be a doubt in his mind, and as she swivelled on her stool, taking a sip of her drink she let a smile play across her lips as she imagined that for a moment. A Jedi Master huh? That really didn’t sound too bad at all.

Lost in her thoughts the girl finished her drink, placing the empty glass on the bar as she offered the bartender a grateful smile. It was a beautiful day after all, why not take the time to just relax in the sun? As she felt her feet sinking into the sand, the tiny particles warmed by the sun moulded around her feet as she stood on the edge of the beach. It looked like there was some kinda football match starting up there. Slowly the padawan paced in that direction, pausing a moment to acquire an ice cream before she settled down in the sand nearby watching the play as she stretched out in the sun.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
"Drinking is a way to find a common cause? well I can certainly see the logic in that I guess", her mother often told stories about meeting people in bars and quickly becoming friends just by similar past experiences. A small akward chuckle coming from her lips as Jess urged her to shed information about her self and past life. "Um well I was born to an exile Jin and a mercenary veteran mother, traveled many claps while I was young, got into a scrap with a Sith when I was 12, got this scare across my eyes". She said pointing to the dark gash looking skin across her left eye, "my father as not so fortunate, he wound up losing a leg, the Sith even less lucky, he lost all his limbs, tongue, fingers eyes and much much more".

"From there kind of just went my own way, met a few powerful Sith, met many Jedi, saw and explored, and after a while of showing up in the Jedi temple every week kind of melded into the order". "Up until a few months ago I was not really e member, just some grey that hand around and tags along during missions" not something one could really do today with all the GA Jedi apparently being secret Sith. "That is the gist of my story so far, bit more devil to add but for the most part that is the quick run down".

[member="Jesse Organa"] - [member="Ronin Wendigo"]

[member="Ronin Wendigo"] [member="Sky'ito Yumi"]

Looking at the two fo them she pointed with it so that Ronin could have his moment to shine and get her a nice new refreshing glass of the corellian whiskey. A smile on her face while she leaned against the counter of the bar and was listening to the jedi speak and talk a bout her past. Nodding her agreement with it. "THat sounds intriging though to say the least. I rather enjoy meeting some who might not be full members of the jedi order here. THey always make for someone interesting to talk with." Jesse said it and had a smile on her face that was wide. "I am from Alderaan's house organa though when I was younger I was kidnapped by pirates who fashioned themselves the Lorell reborn and tried to sneak me away to some private planet in the outer rim. Eventually I got free and now I travel around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom