Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Sweet Paradise Beach Party | CIS Social

S T O R Y W E A V E R
8TQQdHN.png

HM6oPJH.png

Welcome to... TEYR!

The sun is shining. The beaches are clean. The water's clear. And there's a tiny umbrella in your drink as you lay back on one of the many beach chairs under lush, green foliage. So kick back, relax, and let all the worries of the galaxy get carried away in the gently lapping currents nearby. Villages and resorts lining the beaches are ready to cater to your every need with full-service bars, saunas, masseurs, hot tubs, pools, restaurants, and more! Don't forget to check out boat tours, parasailing, surfing and other beach-side services -- they're open dawn to dusk.

For those new to Teyr, know that the beaches are only one of many fine and alluring attractions on this premium tourist destination! There are many services and craft available to ferry you to or around the famous Teyr Rift, which can be seen even from orbit. Countless sentients from around the galaxy come to behold this four thousand kilometer long canyon as one of the galaxy's natural wonders. Don't forget to take a ride on the Rift Skyrail while you're there; the elevated monorail train can carry you to countless cities and spaceports set along the rift with a view of the canyon and its natural inhabitants that will leave you breathless.

So don't just stand there reading this pamphlet, reserve your place today and join us on an adventure of a lifetime!

HM6oPJH.png

Attention Visitors: the Volleyball tournament will be held in the Center Beach, while the swimsuit contest will be held on the South Shore. Please do not forget to wear your sunscreen! However, if you find yourself a little overcooked, please contact Resort Staff and bacta, kolto, or other medicinal services can be made available to get you back to enjoying your well earned vacation! So, please, find your friends, your family, and make some new friends while you enjoy your time with us.

And remember, Teyr is a family-friendly world. Please leave all weapons in designated and secure holding facilities, or at home.

HM6oPJH.png

us9Q1NV.jpg

R E L A X

All things considered, it was a quiet morning on the beach. Waves were crashing, people were talking, and children were shrieking in delight. And Voph sat perched in the midst of it all at a small beach side cantina. He, of course, was seated outside where he could feel the ocean breeze, and smell the water. But he was also where the alcohol was close at hand. He'd long since moved from the Refuge on Vylmira to inhabit his new quarters within the Citadel, but recent events had changed that.​
Now, with the Confederacy taking advantage of recent events to enact a long-awaited relocation of their capital, Voph was on the move once again. This one was not as drastic as it could have been, as the Citadel still remained the headquarters of the Knights Obsidian. However, a small portion of the order was relocating to Naboo all the same, keeping the administrative headquarters close to the capital. By now? Voph was sick of overseeing the relocation effort. This beach party on Teyr was the perfect excuse for a getaway. A time to relax, and enjoy life. Not that Voph had any skill at enjoying life, but he would get there. Eventually....​
bHZYQG.png

HM6oPJH.png

This was the life.
The beach was warm. That was the best thing about it. Illyria had never necessarily been cold, however it was a planet with a decently low temperature. So when Aries did get the chance to visit a nice warm beach, he soaked it in. Literally. He laid on the beach, his shades pulled over his eyes as the waters rushed over his legs.

The scion of House Malvern exhaled as the immortally relaxing waves of the water rushed over him, pulling a cool sensation over his body. His body ached from the numerous missions he'd taken with the Knight's Obsidian, not to mention the rigorous training regime he'd been putting himself through. He wore a pair of dark grey swim trunks, but his chest was happily soaking in the rays above. His body was mostly unblemished, except for a nasty scar that sat just over his heart in a marring mark. He tried his very best to ignore the thought of that scar showing. The memories behind it made him somewhat self conscious of it. It felt like a vivid reminder of his humanity.

Aries lifted his hand, rolling his fingers about in a lazy motion. Three rocks suddenly lifted off the face of the beach, spilling sand over his chest as they danced in the air. His mind was finally relaxing. There were not many things he believe he could savor the way he savored moments like this.

Nimue Nimue

HM6oPJH.png

Work Hard. Play Hard.
Music: We Dem Boyz
Tag: Zarie Zarie
He wasn't a Marshal today.

Hell, if you asked him he was never a Marshal, just a sorry son of a queen who had too good a talent of killing.

At the beachside bar, Haastal set his music player on the side of the wooden counter. As soon as he sat down the music began to blast. He'd loved music, even when he was a young kid living his life in the Rim, it was always something that pulled him from the worst hells he'd faced. On Rodia he'd led hundreds of thousands of men to step on a few roaches, now he felt like he deserved a reward for the exertion.

He didn't wear his Beskar'gam. Nah, it was too heavy and too hot for the occasion. Instead he wore a pair of black trunks and a grey sleeveless undershirt. When he got to the bar he smirked, looking to the bartender and promptly ordering a drink. "Let's get a gin and juice goin'." He said, tapping the bar while his music played. The Mandalorian smiled when the bartender brought his drink in a clear glass with a nice little umbrella in it. He flicked the umbrella out of the glass before pulling out a pack of cigars and setting them on the bartop. Almost immediately he began to down almost half of his drink before exhaling in happiness.

"Damn that's good." He said with a happy grin.

EKDJRGI.png

L O C A T I O N | Teyr Beach
W E A R I N G | [x] - [x] - [x]
T A G S | Aries Creed Aries Creed
Another sunny planet.

Why did people insist on bringing her to planets plagued with the one thing that could destroy her permanently. If it weren’t for the fact that it was Aries who had extended the invitation to her, Nimue would have assumed that it was a poor assassination attemped, but as it was. At least it was pleasant here.

The sky was a crystal clear blue, reflected back at itself in emerald green seas. Gentle crashing waves rolled onto soft white sand, drowning out any other noise. The beach was packed with people, granted, but everyone seemed to have been hit by the heat of the sun. If you had the ability to stand in it, it often made you tired.

The High Priestess stretched out across the sand, covered in a dark, heavy shadow projected by a small personal cloud she had summoned. It cast her in darkness, protecting her from the aggressive uv rays that would have melted her skin from her bones. A pair of large black shades covered her harsh, unforgiving eyes. With them disguising her true expression, one could almost assume she was enjoying herself.

“This is... “ She paused, only to cast her flame orange gaze over to Aries. “Nice. I suppose.”

Wearing: [Something Cute]
Tags: | Damien Van-Derveld | Open |

-------------------------------

Since her time in joining the Solanaceae, Telula had experienced many, many new things. New creatures, new people - which was still hard, but she was doing it! - and most of all? New places! She had traveled to more new (to her) planets than the witchling had ever in her life expected to see. She had experienced more new things, sated more curiosities, and endured more scary things than she had ever thought she would too. There had also been more than once that she had been very strictly been made to remain at home while dangerous things were going on, situations that frustrate her to no end, but she had listened and remained out of harm's cruel reach.

So when Lula had been informed that there was a gathering out in the sunshine and near the water, she had not hesitated to agree to attend. While she had seen the ocean once before, it had been a planet full of water. Not once had the ashy-blonde ever actually set foot on a beach setting. The sand, the sun, the water, all in this sort of setting had not been something she had thought to experience. So naturally her curiosity was piqued and she had eagerly endured not only a shopping experience, but traveling as well.

While anticipation to see this place had been bubbling over, actually experiencing it was another matter entirely. The sand was easy enough, she had dealt with plenty of that in her day. No, it was the lack of creatures to hide behind, and the abundance of people in their wake that presented a real problem for Telula. More than once she found herself tugging at the skirt of her swimsuit despite it being more than long enough, or adjusting the top even though it hadn't moved or displaced itself. It was merely the anxiety of being around people, especially when she hadn't even though to bring Kai along as a buffer in all of her excitement to go someplace new.

Nope, it was just Telula and a handful of people she knew, and a bunch she didn't. Which was why the little blonde witchling had taken to distracting herself by walking the long line of surf with a pail in hand. The water rushing over her feet felt good, and occasionally she would stoop to pick up assorted sea shells that had long been abandoned by their critters. It was calm and entertaining to her at the same time! Total win, win.

When Nimue finally spoke, Aries lifted the shades from his eyes, looking to the pale woman with a slight smirk. The two of them had been inseparable since Nimue had found out the secret identity he had been keeping close to heart. She had insisted on protecting him, from both the greater galaxy and likely himself. Still, he'd enjoyed her company every step of the way. His hand flicked, causing the rocks he'd been juggling with the Force to fly into the waters before them. He turned to Nimue, looking over the bathing suit she'd chose to wear. It left little to the imagination, yet Aries could only smile at her.

"It's beautiful." He said softly, before leaning over so the two were a bit closer. His eyes fell to Nimue's shades before he smiled a bit. "Nimue, do me a favor." He said, before holding his hand out in front of her face. Her glasses would slowly drift from her eyes into his hand. With the shadow she'd conjured and the man's body to block the sun she wouldn't need them. "I love seeing your eyes." He said, before he leaned over to set the glasses in the sand, his hand falling to her waist afterwards.

"It's good to have a break for a while." He told her, before chuckling softly to himself. "Probably won't get too many more in the future. We should take advantage of it."

Nimue Nimue

EKDJRGI.png

L O C A T I O N | Teyr - Beach

A soft scoff left her lips. “Beauty is subjective.” She did not need to expand on why she felt the beach was less than beautiful, but she did anyway. “In my experience, it’s hard to consider something beautiful when it could kill you.” One of her hands flicked up toward the cloud, pointing out that it was the only thing between her and the blazing heat of a summer morning.

Nime rolled over onto her front to lean her head against one of her waiting hands. “What is that, my prince?” She offered him a placid smile as he continued, which was strange for Nimue in the first place. But the strangest thing was, when he lent forward to coax her sunglasses from her face… she allowed it. Her smile even widened to a genuine one at his compliment. “You flatter me.” Shifting in the soft sand at the warmth of his hand on her hip, Nimue drew herself closer to him.

“It is. I have to say, war is terrible for the complexion.” One of her spindly fingers reached out to find his hand, entwining themselves. “By the time we’re done here we’ll both look ten times our age.” Normally, jokes sounded off in her icy tone, but she actually managed to make herself sound somewhat amused.

“I do not expect any further turmoil…” She narrowed her eyes somewhat at Aries. “But you sound like you do. What do you know?”

He was from a different time, and a different realm. This timeline was on a different path to the one Nimue knew, but there was a lot to be discovered by looking at different realities. Some of the things Aries had known were already coming to fruition, and some of it would never see the light of day, but they were still working on deciphering which was which.​

Kark.

He felt his chest get tight when Nimue moved closer into him. Still, he smiled through the tension, knowing that this was a moment he would prefer to savor. It was bizarre, as the Crowned Prince he'd literally had access to nearly any woman he'd ever wished. In his own timeline Nimue had been an aloof thought. Beautiful to be sure, but so far removed that she may as well not had existed at all. Not this Nimue. No, she was closer and all too real. Unlike the shadow of herself that had lived in another timeline, she was a part of his life.

He enjoyed it.

When their hands intertwined and she began to speak, Aries could smell the subtle perfumes that blessed the woman's body. "The Force is speaking to me again in subtle whispers. It is as if the two realms are closer in this moment, some event or some predicament maybe." He smiled, looking up for a moment as he did. "It's relieving...but if our time is now following a path parallel to my own then it means soon The Confederacy will be besieged by some enemy." He looked back down to Nimue. "In my time it was the Mandalorians...but in this time they are already gone."

"However...we destroyed them. Root and stem, and they never again dared to challenge us again." He leaned down, drawing himself closer to the woman. "I do not believe there is any threat to The Confederacy, not yet." He told her, his voice even an careful.

"Still. We can speak of that tomorrow. Today let us turn our minds from that...for one day." He said, before leaning down to press his lips to hers. His hand tightened in hers, squeezing it softly while he smiled into the kiss. When finally he pulled back he brushed a lock of hair from his eyes. "That's better." He said.

Nimue Nimue

Danielle Mueller

D
Wearing: Summer Casual.
Tags: Kyyrk Kyyrk , Aries Creed Aries Creed , Haastal Haran Haastal Haran , Nimue Nimue , Telula Vale Telula Vale .

HM6oPJH.png

A day out at the beach?
What reason could Dee possibly have had to say no to the opportunity to take a load off,
and enjoy the warmth of a beautiful summers day.

It had been a bit of an uncertain time lately since having left her homeworld of Shor, just to the North-West of Atrisia. At Danielle's age, finding transport about the Galaxy wasn't quite so simple when you had nothing to your name but the backpack you carried and few clothes you owned. Having been voluntarily discharged from her military academy there to get out and explore a life of independence, she really had bitten off more than she could chew.

Sitting upon a towel at the beach, her legs crossed and elbows buried against her thighs as she watched the lapping waves of the shoreline, Dani could almost forget her worries entirely. Unfortunately, the scene around her didn't come without some form of anxiety, as she wasn't like most Girl's her age. The Shorak were a near-human people, very nearly identical with the exception of a larger for masculine build and for a teenage Girl like herself, it was very easy to feel a little intimidated by a Galaxy that seemed to promote financial wealth and beauty, of which she often remembered she had neither.

'Stop it, now's not the time' she cringed within, trying to force herself out of that insecure shell and remember that she had a wonderful sight sprawled out before her. Those around seemed happy, younglings were playing and frolicking in the shallows while the adults watched from a distance or otherwise enjoyed a swim of their own.

Closing her eyes, Dee listened to the sounds of the crashing water, and the birds that flew over-head looking for food left by those enjoying the day. The weather was stunning and the sounds of life and laughter could almost make one forget that there were other world's beyond this one.

EKDJRGI.png

“They already have. The agents are a bigger threat than they first appear. Your Father had me look into them when they invaded Ryloth.” Nimue sighed heavily. The weight of knowledge not yet known to the rest of the Galaxy was exceedingly heavy. She couldn’t even tell Aries exactly what she knew. Every little slip up, every word uttered, had the chance to change the future. Catastrophically. Still, when he asked for the day to be spent away from all their responsibilities and duties, Nimue was all too happy to agree.

She offered him a soft smile. “You are right, let’s enjoy today for what it is.” Her words were whispered against his lips as he leant forward to kiss her, something she had gradually grown to enjoy over their time together. In the beginning she didn’t think she would like Aries at all. He was as arrogant as his father, and made brash, foolish decisions. But now that she had spent time with him, his arrogance had turned to confidence. His foolish decisions were no longer foolish, merely made with his heart and not his head. They were qualities she had come to admire in him.

“So, what made you want to come to a beach today?” She raised her eyebrow, placing a curious expression on her face.​

When Nimue's lips met Aries it caused a warm feeling to flood his body. He enjoyed it. Their relationship was never supposed to be like this. In fact, it was expressly forbidden for members of the Royal Family to court Sisters of the Silma. Perhaps the worst pairing would be the High Priestess and the Crowned Prince. In fact, Aries was sure that his father would likely bust a blood vein if he was aware of this. Not that the current Adron would be aware of Aries' existence, but it was certainly something to be considered.

When Nimue rested back into the sand, Aries paused to consider what Nimue had asked him. "Well. I thought it was a good excuse to see you in a bathing suit." He teased, before finally exhaling, resting down beside the woman. "When I was younger, before Illyria truly flowered, my father and mother would take us to the beach a lot. Sometimes we'd go to the beaches on Scariff where the water seemed like it was practically clear. Well, it didn't take long before my father got busy and my mother got pregnant again. It was around the time I had to prepare for my guardsmen training so...It was short lived." He said.

"The only time you get to feel like a regular family is when you're away from it all. I guess I'm used to coming to the beach and just letting all the other stuff wash away for a while." He said.

He pulled Nimue's hand close, pressing his lips over the back of her knuckles before looking to her and arching a brow. "Never hear you talk about your parents much. You're older than my father's father's father so I'm guessing your lives were pretty different too." He told her. Aries paused before looking to Nimue and wondering. He had a bit of a sly expression on his face. "How old are you, anyway Nimue?"

Nimue Nimue

HM6oPJH.png

Vytal hated these things.

Not because she hated people. By no means was that the case despite her Nightsister heritage frightening most of them away.

No, the pale Witch hated off-worlder functions or traditions or gatherings with outlandish and inappropriate attire. First, formal functions where tight, restricting, and gaudy outfits were the norm. Now, 'beach wear.' Yes, everyone said she'd look 'absolutely wonderful' and that they would love to see her there... Completely unaware of the fact that Vytal Noctura, Nightsister, daughter of the Red World of Dathomir, despised their yellow suns. Suffered under them to reach out to the people of the galaxy. Languished in the eternal cause of elevating the masses. Now asked to do so again... for "morale."

Nightsisters did not need peep talks or parties for "morale." Yes, they had songs, dances, and celebrations but this? They spoke of 'playing' in the water. Building sand 'castles.' Playing 'volleyball.' And this swimsuit competition... No, just absolutely not. The Fanged God strike them down if they tried.

For the Sisters and Brothers of the Solanaceae. To show solidarity with the Knights Obsidian. So people didn't forget the Witches among them existed. Vytal Noctura would suffer this latest trial beneath the sun.

And because her nocturnal Sister, Nimue Nimue , would be there. May have been partially the Nightmother's fault. There had been cause, however. Justifiable reason. Or perhaps just an excuse. Either way, the poor Vampirika would not have to loathe this experience more than Vytal herself; that would have been asking too much.

Oh, yes, and Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix may have been coaxed along as well. Similar reason, but the Sith Lord wouldn't suffer as much as the High Priestess; only because Sabine resided on the same planet and so arriving together had been logistically easier. No point denying her the gift. In truth, Vytal wondered if the Sith Lord knew the same spells as Nimue to weather the sun. Hardly seemed necessary to ask under the circumstances -- though she would have during their trip to Teyr as it was on the other side of the Confederacy.

As long last, they had arrived. And Vytal Noctural, Nightmother of the Solanaceae, stepped out under the bright sun as the hushed roar of the ocean lapped upon the beach. A pleasing enough sound, and a relaxing atmosphere... provided one stayed in the shade, or sported one of the Witches' gifts.

It took a few moments, but with the guidance of the spirits, Vytal soon found where Nimue was hiding. Not apart from Aries Creed Aries Creed once again, it seemed. They two were joined at the hip. Much like Nimue and that youth, Aurelion. She wondered if the latter might be found in the water nearby. "Shall I save your soul from eternal damnation, or allow my Sister to bathe you in the Abyss, I wonder?" The Nightmother declared as she drew near enough to hear Aries' last question.

No doubt seeing the pale woman in anything other than some form of armor or robes would be shocking, but Vytal expected them to get over it. Or die. With her chin held aloft, Vytal refused to acknowledge how strange this entire experience was. Why must she wear this strappy, red, one-piece 'bikini' again?

EKDJRGI.png

T A G S | Aries Creed Aries Creed - Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

Nime laughed. An ethereal chuckle that seemed to linger in the air long after her lips had closed. She was rarely dressed in anything other than her black High Priestess robes, so perhaps it was something of a spectacle to see her in a swimming costume. Nimue didn’t even own a swimming costume before Aries gave her the invitation. She’d had to stop off on an unaware planet to buy one. That had been a particularly amusing conversation.​

He began to speak of his parents, both of whom Nimue was familiar with on a more intimate level than she was with most people. She spent more time with Adron than she did with Alessandra, but she still knew them well. Whenever he brought them up she wondered if Adron from this world was the same as the Adron from his. The more time Nimue spent with Aries, the more she could tell that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, it was just a matter of which tree in which reality that he had fallen from. As far as she could tell, he was closer to her reality’s Adron than his own, but he rarely ever spoke of them.​

“Beach trips? That does not sound like the Adron I know.” Nimue smirked again. When did Adron ever have time for anything that wasn’t work? Aries was quick to move on though, this time not so subtly asking Nimue about her own parents, to which he quickly followed up with a question about her age. Nimue shot him a soft, slightly bemused smile.​

It lingered for a moment before it switched to one in deep thought. It wasn’t very often that people asked her age, they just assumed she was ancient, and she was. Nimue couldn’t even say she truly remembered her exact age, but if she had to hazard a guess… “I am four hundred and eighty nine years old.” She said with a completely straight face. “However, I have lived for only three hundred and...“ Pausing for a brief moment, her lips moved wordlessly as if she were counting the days. “...twenty six years. So, I suppose technically, if you wanted to be specific, I’m only three hundred and twenty six years old.”

She rolled over onto her side slightly, to face him while she spoke. “As for my parents. They were what you expect from Vampirika. I can barely remember them now. They were killed, sometime in my first hundred years.”

Lips slightly parted to continue the conversation further, Nimue was cut short by a voice that she had very much come to adore hearing. Her flame orange gaze cast itself up from Aries, to the Nightmother of the Solanaceae. The High Priestess cracked an amused smile. It looked as though her sister witch mirrored her distaste for the beach, and for bikinis. Still, she cut quite the figure in it. "Ah, Vytal. If I could I would have done so moons ago. As it is, Aries is blessed with a protection that even I cannot break." She glanced quickly to Aries, to flash him a smile to show that she was teasing. "You look charming in your costume, my dear. How have you been?"

Tag: Safira Haran Safira Haran

The Mandalorian was less than pleased.

It was not that the prospect of spending a day basking in the sunlight that had caused Isran's brow to furrel. It was not the humidity of the world, nor the overpriced beverages that would wreak havoc upon his bank account. No, those things were to be expected with any summertime getaway. What had plucked a nerve for the warrior was the solemn edict provided before their vessel could even land. There was no place for weapons or armor upon this "hallowed" beach. No place for beskar'gam. Nor pocket blasters. Nor even a knife for when things go belly up. To vacation here meant to completely disarm - and thus, Isran felt naked.

He felt more naked without the weight of his beskar'gam on his person than being actually nude. In the case of the present, the Mandalorian was pretty closed - given that his ensemble for the day consisted of no shirt, no shoes, and a pair of blue swim trunks. However, though the offense to his entire identity was the foundation of the day's events, it was a sacrifice he was willing to endure. For once, the Mandalorian had reason to do something outside of hunting the latest bounty pucks or heightening the functions of his armor. For a change, he wasn't worried about when or where the next job would come from.

Today, he was okay with dealing with Teyr's rules - because it was a time to celebrate change in his life.

When he first entered the Galaxy, it was as the shadow of a monolith. The time and space Isran called home had ceased to exist - lost within the warp of Cularin. In its place, he found a Galaxy that had no knowledge of his existence. And the name of his birth was tied to another. In essence, he had lost everything. But in this loss, he had found something precious. What had began as a fiery student in the arts of war blossomed into something beautiful. Months. Years. Safira made the Mandalorian forget the depths of what he had lost - for with her he was found. Thus, one the anniversary of their meeting, they had been wed by utterance of sacred vows. Thus, Isley Verd was no more - and Isran Varad was born.

And this day, underneath the radiant sun and ceaseless waves, marked the beginning of their honeymoon. The pair were relatively fresh off their vessel as they approached the beach. Isran followed after Safira like an enamoured pup - fully appreciating just how nice her bikini looked. And making plans for later with every step. In time, they reached a pair of lounge chaises - which they would claim and leave what little belongings they did bring along for the day.

"Did you want to get drinks or to hit the water?" came his inquiry. Frankly, he was fine with either.​

Even Aries knew his father was never viewed as a man who enjoyed rest and respite over a more busy schedule dealing with the intricacies of politics, war, and economy. No, to most people Adron was a reflection of the soulless droids around him. His mind only ever seemed to linger from one form of work to the next. Aries knew better and so did the rest of their family. The man who appeared before his family was someone entirely different. He was not an Exarch, in those moments he was a father. "Well, not just now. For the next few years he'll be pretty buried, but after that he'll spend more time with his family. Especially after my little sister is born." He said, though there were chances that would not come to pass. After all, the subtle shifts of time were ever changing.

When Nimue revealed her age, it was not as if Aries held any shock or surprise on his face. He'd known from hearing his father's conversations about the woman that she was ancient by human standards. Of course, in her own species years this was perfectly normal.

He was just about to speak when a familiar voice washed over their conversation. He'd felt the Nightmother's presence not long before she showed herself. The Witches had a distinct presence in the Force and even though Aries' connection was shaken, he could still make them out. Nimue would be the one to answer the witch's words before Aries glanced back up to the woman. "Why don't you sit with us for a while, Vytal? Better than wandering the beach, getting sand in all the wrong places." Aries said, before turning his eyes back to the sky, laying back into the sands.

It was very interesting. Seeing the High Lady of the Mandragora wearing a bikini? She seemed so hellishly uncomfortable with the very concept of it. It caused him to laugh a bit. She was a beautiful woman, yet her power was in war and the dark arts, not respites on the beach.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura Nimue Nimue

Location | Teyr - Beachside
Wearing | [x]
Tags | Isran Varad Isran Varad

How long had it been since they’d had a break from the tension of battle? Certainly longer than Safira would care to admit.
The young mandalorian was pleased at the prospect of a holiday, even if it was only going to be a brief one. In the past few months she had taken part in not just one, but two separate wars, making a fair few credits off them both in the process. Now? It was time to splash out. It was time to be released from the weight of beskar, forget the responsibility of a blaster, to cast aside duty. Besides, they had a damn good reason to be out in the sun today. A celebration of their own to conduct, but even beyond that…
It was time to have some karking fun.
Safira turned her gaze to the man that had quickly become the linchpin of her life. It had started as a simple student teacher relationship, and at first Safira had expected nothing more of him, but time was a great creator. And now Safira couldn’t imagine her life any other way. Isran cut a rather fine figure in his costume. It was rare she got a chance to see him in anything but a chipped set of beskar, or his birthday suit. This made a nice change, and it was apparent by the way her eyes travelled across his chiseled chest.
Teyr was a beautiful place, the perfect place to spend their honeymoon. Or at least, perfect for Safira. White beaches with soft sand that shifted with a cooling breeze. Crystal clear ocean waters that lapped at the edges of the beach, coupled with the soft whoosh of sea foam as it settled. Even the air was a refreshing change. Slightly salty, filled with an all to familiar scent of sea life, but refreshing nonetheless.
Isran’s voice caught her ear.
"Drinks, I think." Safira couldn’t exactly enjoy the water like the others did, her hearing aid would short if any liquid got close, and she would have rather spent the day being able to hear than taking a dip in the cool ocean.
She grinned as she took his hand in hers and dragged him toward the waiting bar, where they would be able to drown out the uncomfortable tension. Neither were used to being anywhere without something that would protect them from a sudden attack, but Isran seemed to be far more upset about it than she was. “You know, you don’t have to look so solem. Your fists are as good a weapon as any.” A softer smile crossed her expression, to match her teasing tone and the gentle squeeze of his hand. “Don’t worry so much. You’ll give yourself wrinkles.”
As they approached, Safira lent against the bar and caught the attention of the bartender with two of her slender fingers. “Two tihaars, please!” The bartender nodded, and busied himself making their order. Maybe she would convince Isran to drink something more fruity and beach themed later, but he was already surrounded by chance. She could at least keep the drinks the same.

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
HM6oPJH.png

{ Wearing: Beachgoing attire }
{ Tag: Kyyrk Kyyrk }
~ ~
Taking to the operational flow of clinic work on Vylmira and occasional field aid for the CDF had afforded Prennis a new work-life balance. The workload, even during invasions though it tended to ramp up for days at a time, it was all still very manageable, at least in respect to how busy she had kept herself in all the other Spaces she had worked. Even on Commenor and Kashyyyk, and especially on Dosuun and then the FIV Malice, she hadn't believed she had anything outside of her various hospitals or medbays for which to live. Why take time off the enjoy something, someone, when you enjoyed your work and could save others doing it to boot? It had seemed like common sense to keep powering ahead.

In hindsight, it was exceedingly clear that, even though becoming a hospital hermit owned by the nearest caf machine may have furthered her career, enjoyment did not always equate to self-care. Vacation time was like a new drug, but one Prenn was not at all embarrassed to be hooked on. Strangely, this addiction was wholly controllable, as, whenever the nurse set out on a new adventure, she carried with her a longing to return to work. In such, it was also a mutualistic relationship; she would take care of herself first to take care of others.

With a rationale like that, it was easy to put in for time off and head for Teyr. And when she heard of Voph's plans to be there as well, relaxing - would you believe that!? - well, all the more.

She found him at a table outside of a beachside cantina, where she walked to join him, drink of her own in hand. "Long time no see, stranger," she greeted, a giggle bubbling from her throat as she tried to keep it down. "May I?" She gestured with a free hand, wordless expanding upon her question if she could sit beside him.

Tag: Safira Haran Safira Haran

It was hard not to smile.

When the young Mandalorian laced her fingers through his own, the response was an immediate squeeze. He didn't need to think to perform the action, as it was an instinct at that point. That was how deeply Safira had intertwined with his person. Where once there were only the instincts forged by battle, there were now the responses of a loved one. He didn't mind holding her hand in the slightest - nor did it bother him when she made her decision and steered him towards the bar. He enthusiasm was as a chisel to the cloud that was looming over his head. Her voice was the hammer which drove it home.

Though disarmed, his mood wouldn't last long with Safira about.

"Now you're speaking my language." he chuckled as they settled upon the stools. As he took a moment to eye the offerings, his bride remarked on what was clearly on his mind. His fists were as good a weapon as any huh? Well, she was right. It wouldn't be ideal, but if anything hit the fan they had trained enough to survive it. Isran did take a moment to mentally case their surroundings however. Just in case, he knew where to dive over the counter and which appliances could double as a weapon. The knife one barkeep used to slice pineapple was his immediate go-to. The blender was the second choice.

Now there was a mental image. Staring down hell with a blender in hand. Isran chuckled. "Alright alright, you're right." he began, raising his free hand in mock surrender. "Though, you know as well as I do - black don't crack." Bemused, he ended his quip with a wink and awaited her placing of the order. Two tihaars, the taste of home. Ah, home. Mandalore was a flaming ruin at this point - but at least they had each other. And that was all that they needed. With the mug now in hand, Isran raised the mug and took a hearty swig.

"You know...I don't think I've ever been on a vacation before." he said, after setting the drink down upon the counter. "What all do we...do?"

Aside from each other, that is.​

HM6oPJH.png

"I prefer the ones that refuse to break," the pale Witch replied as casually as the well-seasoned Vampirika, "they make the best 'toys' for the dark spirits." Of course she would never use Nimue's -- Pet? Acquaintance? -- like that without permission. The Nightmother wasn't lying, however. Someone with a strong defense made for a great distraction or even an offering; and eventually the spirit would grow frustrated and you could get a leg up on them despite their refusal to see reason previously. That or such people made for excellent amusement until their defenses inevitably failed.

The High Priestess' acknowledgement of Vytal's state of dress caused the pale woman to shift slightly. "Things have proceeded... smoothly," she replied with a small smile afterward.

Though her male decided to make a passing remark that seemed innocuous enough. Where, exactly, did he imagine the sand getting? Her green eyes fell to the man for a moment. "I shall. Thank you, Creed." That had been her intention; for there was a matter that needed tending to.

Slowly the Witch took a position on Nimue's opposite side after her hand beckoned another chair near. Her eyes flicked upward for a moment before they fell back to Nimue. "I see you enjoy the weather as much as I, Sister." Perhaps only one of them was genuinely allergic, but Vytal's pale flesh could certainly do without the invisible rays engaging in a misguided attempt at adding color to a daughter of Dathomir. "Fortunately, I have the ear of several dark souls that understand this all too well."

Vytal held one hand palm up, and upon it appeared a ring of silver and black adorned by an eye set within a pyramid. She extended her hand out toward Nimue. "This should make it easier for you to move around this world, or the next. And a woman of your talents will find it able to do more than shroud your flesh from sunlight." Was it dangerous? Exploring the Nether was dangerous, and yet Vytal went there quite frequently. Nimue and her got along well, and a Nightsister wouldn't complain if a Vampirika engaged in dark rituals long as she didn't sacrifice entire cities or planets and drew unnecessary attention to herself.

Perhaps, if Nimue wished it, Vytal would even slip the ring on the woman's finger.

Tag: Nimue Nimue | Aries Creed Aries Creed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom