Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Sweet Paradise Beach Party | CIS Social

bericnongif.png

P A R T Y

Tag: Millu Lee Millu Lee
Wearing: x | x | x

Millu poked one of the arms of Beric's sand-chair, testing its strength while Beric finished his can of chilled Fizzle. His apprentice sat down onto the sand next to him, and for a moment the two enjoyed the warmth of Teyr's sun. It wasn't long, though, before she spoke up again.

"Sooooooo... When am I gonna learn to do that?" she asked, and Beric could feel her finger poking his sand-chair again. The Lord of Frosthall took a breath, set down his now-empty can, and stood up; as he did so, he willed the sand behind him to melt back into its original form, and soon the sand-chair had collapsed to become part of the beach's dunes once more.

"How about right now? Our first lesson will begin here." Beric beckoned for Millu to stand up before taking a breath and stretching out his arms in opposite directions, clearing the sand around them to create a small, rectangular area with a firm enough to provide decent footing. "Most people assume the Force is a weapon. A tool to be used, a magical power that you can lift rocks with and push your enemies to the ground." He lifted up a pile of sand, levitating it as he spoke before sending it in a gentle blast towards his apprentice.

"But the Force is so much more. It is a mystical force that binds all things, living and nonliving. Every element, every atom, every being has a presence and identity in the force," Beric continued, not waiting for Millu to clean the sand that he'd blasted, and raised his hands. A wave of water rushed to the shore, arcing over Beric before crashing onto Millu, soaking the girl, but parting so to leave Beric completely dry.

The waves receded as he continued on with his lecture. "When you control the elements -- like with that sand-chair I made -- you need to reach out with the force and connect with each individual presence in it. Learn to accept it, shape it, mold it, and make its will your own. Then, you will be able to alter the environment around you," Beric finished as he flexed his fingers, drawing the water and wet sand off of his apprentice and back into the earth.

Beric smiled. "Any questions? Or do you want to try it yourself?"

Vanir shook his head with a chuckle. “Somehow Nightmother I don’t believe you’d ask me for a galaxy.

He looked around for a moment, he could have sworn he saw one of the shops that had what would likely qualify. Once he spot the place he smirked. “Oh, I know just the place for something that I think you’ll like. Come, I’ll show you.

He had a terrible habit, one that was incredibly silly, well, at least he thought so. He led her to a small shop and on the wall was a list of drinks. Some were sodas, others cream sodas and some were milk shakes but the next list on the wall had slushes and cream slushes. He smirked at her. “This is probably my only true vice, probably for the best there is none within easy reach otherwise I’d probably live in the shop.

Parvale’s Slush, Shakes and Sodas. What he loved about them was that though there were tons of stores, their recipe only used natural ingredients. No fluff or artificial junk, just true flavor. It didn’t hurt that he invested in the company and when he placed his hand on what looked like an ornate little statue, it lit up. The woman at the counter stared at him with surprise. “Oh! Didn’t think our store would ever get a visit from one of you guys! Sir and Miss, anything on the menu is free of charge.

Van flashed Vytal a grin. “Choose whatever you want as for me… I will take one chocolate shake, one melon cream soda and…” He looked over the menu to see if there was anything new. “One raspberry cream slush.

Probably a lot compared to what most might get, but Vanir could pack away quite a bit of calories even if these weren’t necessarily protein.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

The galaxy? No. Vytal had no interest in possessing the galaxy. Nor even part of it, such as what the Confederacy of Independent Systems held. All the time that would be necessary ensuring every world was taken care of would leave no time at all for the important things in life for herself, and the Solanaceae. However, she made a note to tell Vanir later that commanding him -- enslaving his life to her every whim -- might as well have stolen the galaxy from him personally. Not that she was suggesting to do that either, but it was something a person could. Just as the spirits might say one thing, but mean another. Naturally the Nightmother could play the same 'game' as those she interacted with daily.

If Vanir understood this already, and still didn't think she'd consume his life by wrapping him about her finger? Ordinarily he'd be correct. However, she was not above such things. Not something she'd done since coming to Confederate space, but a Witch did whatever she had to in order to survive. Fortunately, she suspected he'd be right in this case.

Vytal followed the man over to a nearby shop that caught Vanir's eye. Quite the assortment of drinks, she noted. All of which were... Perhaps she shouldn't be surprised, but then despite their educational sessions together there was still much to learn at a personal level. Such as Vanir enjoying shakes and slushes. Really enjoying them seeing how he'd soon order three for himself.

The use of the statue drew attention for a moment, curious how it and this store were connected.

Admittedly, this sort of shop was new to the Nightmother and the many choices left a great deal to the imagination. After a few seconds, however, she went with something that appealed to her aesthetic, "Green Apple Shake."

"How did you first find one of these shops? I presume there's more than one."
Lightheartedly and in the vein of his earlier comment, Vytal added, "I'll be sure not to help them setup on your world."

Tag:
Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

Vanir found them a booth to sit in and sat back with a sigh. “Was just after I left my clan for the first time… I knew next to nothing about what to expect from the rest of the galaxy. I ended up on coruscant and hated every single moment of it of course. Because none of the credits I had were enough for good lodging I ended up sleeping on the roof of some shop. The owner, instead of chasing me off, offered me a job. He was just barely making it on his own, a year younger than me. He’d got the shop from his father and had no idea what to do. Me? I knew nothing about the domestic, I couldn’t help him making his product, but I could help him with the numbers.

He smiled at this, thinking back to that time and the mess he had had to clean up. He shook his head. “Stars what a mess. His father had done okay, but his son was awful at the money side of things. The product itself was… Not the best either. I couldn’t do much except taste and smell, but he had this idea of finding a way to make things taste freshly picked. Of course that was the science angle and how I started. Once we got the debt cleared up and were in a stable spot to experiment he’d figure out how to turn what I came up with into something he could cook.

He smirked widely. “Take that green apple shake. Funny enough, that was our very first success. I’d made something like a sweet concentrate. Turned everything that was what made that fruit into something stronger, but then we added it back with the actual fruit pairing it with the ice cream. Once we figured out how to do it on a bigger scale so that once there was enough to open a second store and a factory, it would travel well. After that… We found someone to handle the money, then the science, but I was content to go do what it was I left my clan for when he told me that every store that opens would have a means for me and those who helped to get free stuff for the life of the company. His way of thanking me.

Of course he still invested in the company, but each store brought those memories back. “His sons are working the business now, far more passion between the two of them, but… So long as the taste and smell stays the same, I’ll always indulge myself a little. The produce is grown by them, nothing is wasted and I hadn’t known he’d taken a lot of my own plans to heart and used them. His sons aren’t old enough to take over fully, his wife holds the position, but… I think he’d be proud of how things have grown. He died a year ago, in his sleep… Only reason why I even met his wife and family was because at the time she thought he was having an affair. Tracked him to my apartment, waited till he left, pounded on my door to confront me. You can imagine the look on her face when I answered the door...

She had smelled of pain, tears and white hot fury. He hadn’t known at the time that he’d been spending more time with him than his mate and children. “She and I had a long chat, once I calmed her down. It really was very silly, but I understood her fear. Anyways, that is why I am attached to this company, but the green apple is still very much my least favorite flavor out of all of them.

Coruscant? Not a Witch's favorite planet. The entire thing was covered in durasteel and duracrete. Whatever flora and fauna were allowed to live were carefully planted in their 'proper' place by the sentients that covered the world-city home. How the Jedi had ever considered it a seat of power centuries ago was beyond Vytal. No doubt they thought the energy of the living creatures there kept the planet thriving, and that there was nothing they could do to unmake such a terrible place -- much like Nar Shadaa.

It was interesting to hear Vanir's story of his time there, how he came to know this shop, and what the statue meant. Perhaps the man had found the 'silver lining' of his stay there in being swept up in a business that desired fresh fruit to make their product -- or somehow mimicking the taste keenly enough to pass inspection.

The Nightsister regarded him for a moment before she brought the concoction up to taste it. One eye squinted for a moment before she lowered the cup back down to the table. "Least favorite?" Vytal smiled over at him. "There's a... sour edge that balances the sweetness. I would be curious to try more like this. I know many of my Sisters and Brothers enjoy sweet things, but I find many of them to be too sweet. I could not imagine eating as many as some of them do without becoming sick." Of course Dathomir had fruit and the pale women were not completely divorced from sweet tastes; but their cuisine hardly had so many or to such concentration as the people of the galaxy. It was too much, and did not seem a habit Vytal thought wise to adopt for herself.

Her green gaze shifted to the side for a moment before she looked back at Vanir. "He'll be proud as long as they're happy. Did you stay in touch after you left?" Perhaps Vytal spoke with the dead and did not view the passing as most did any longer, but she hadn't gotten so swept up in it to forget the pain the Living felt. It had been a year and Vanir seemed well-adjusted for it, but she still felt a small bit of empathetic sorrow for his loss.

Tag: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

millubar.png

BEACH

Attire: [X] [X] [X]
Tag: Beric Layne Beric Layne

Millu got up from her place on the ground as Beric melted the sand back into, well, sand. She followed her master a few paces foward to the area he was now clearing for training. I wasn't expecting to actually train today, but that's great! - she thought as Beric started speaking of the force.

But then, as he spoke, he started throwing sand at her using the force, ugh it's everywhere! She started to brush it off herself, but then there was an entire wave crashing down on her- and obviously skipping her master, since he was the one controlling it. Millu started twisting the cloth of her poncho, trying to get the water out. Why does he always throw stuff at me to prove his points?! It was hard to pay attention to Beric's teachings that way, but the girl managed to catch the basics. And then the Lord of Vandor finished his lecture and used the force to pull the water and sand off her.

"Well, at least you took the water away!" she said, arms crossed and rolling her eyes.

"I... I think I'll try it now."

Millu closed her eyes and reached out her hands, trying to feel the environment around her with the force. But she came up empty. The girl felt something besides her master's presence, but it was blurry and unclear, and whenever she tried to take it, it slipped between her fingers. She opened her eyes, frustrated after her third try.

"I don't think I can do it. It doesn't work, I can't keep a hold of anything! Everything's kind of blurry..."

Vanir chuckled. “I don’t eat sweets much, usually some kind of melon or pears. There isn’t much that is sugary back with my clan, usually it is fruit or honey and that is about it.” He then gave her a rueful smile. “I’m probably going to pay later for this indulgence, heavy concentrations of dairy usually make me miserable. However… I consider it worth it.

Lactose intolerance is what it was called, something he shared with his eldest brother, though only a handful of others in the clan were so. “So. The question is, do you wish that tour today or tomorrow? I assume you have lodgings here yes? If not, you could stay with me. The conference had me put up in something positively mammoth so I feel like a dust weed rattling around in the suit.

It wasn’t a ploy to get her alone, he was offering as a kindness. Generosity was just part of his nature and, had she not said he was part of her clan? So then, he would have made the offer to anyone within the clan. As he saw it he was following what he saw as his duty, even if it was pleasant duty.

"Fruit is more than sufficient, and healthier," the Witch agreed. Not that she was above an occasional treat among friends or associates, but some research had been done on the matter... the findings were not terribly desirable. There were diseases associated with eating too many, and some matter of weight gain resulting from 'empty calories.' Nightsisters were too active to find themselves burdened by their own bodies. At least until they grew older and weren't running about the trees testing which was faster -- the Sister, or the Rancor.

"A lot of dairy makes you miserable?" Having spent most of her time in magick, spirits, The Force, technology, missions, and leading the Solanaceae indulging in other matters -- like nutrition -- were on an as-needed basis. Lactose intolerance was not a subject she was familiar with, personally. Others did not seem to exhibit any adverse effects. At least not those that moan about having eaten too much.

Vytal looked over at the man as she slowly consumed the treat in her grasp. Two matters were broached, though one was of particular interest. "I do not, currently." Silence reigned for a moment. "I did not expect to linger long. Rarely seems the need." Having few engaged personally the was often not much to tether the Nightmother to any one place for long outside of the covens. She'd worn a loose outfit between the ship and the resort to conceal her less typical attire. "I admit I am curious what a 'mammoth' lodging looks like, and if you had plans to stay there would be no need for us to rush." The tour could be done today, but if they wanted to spend the day on the beach instead and go tomorrow perhaps there'd be more time.

Tag: Vanir Eris Vanir Eris

bericnongif.png

T R A I N I N G

Wearing: x | x | x

"Everything's kind of blurry. . ."

His apprentice's tone was a mix of defeat and confusion, and Beric could sense her force presence straining but not truly grasping, although he could barely sense her force presence at all. He had no doubt of her capabilities; the feats that she had performed, albeit unwittingly, on Vandor were a testament to the girl's innate strength and potential. But he could feel that something was not right.

"Try. . ." Beric furrowed his brow, remembering back to how his father and mother had respectively explained the Force. He had not been inducted into any organization where he was given a master to train with; he'd been born with the force, and it had been a part of him for as long as he could remember. It was just an extension of him, like another part of his body. But Millu didn't see it that way.

"Apprentice," Beric tried. "Where is the force?"

millubar.png

TRAINING

Objective: Learn
Attire: [X] [X] [X]

The frustration she was feeling at that moment was overwhelming. How come she could freaking move a boulder crashing from a mountain in high speed towards her, keep her own body from freezing over while in a kriffing blizzard, but somehow wasn't able to even sense the environment around her at will? It didn't make any sense. Being force sensitive meant she should be able to feel the force when she wanted to, right? Wasn't that supposed to come naturally?

She could see from her master's frown that her impediments weren't normal. Or at least weren't supposed to be.

"I... Everywhere? I mean, like, that's what it means to be force sensitive, right? We are able to sense and manipulate the force, who is out there. I'm not making any sense, but that's all I can come up with, I guess." She shrugged.

Beric Layne Beric Layne

Last edited:

bericnongif.png

T R A I N I NG

"That is correct, Millu," Beric said as he nodded. "The force is everywhere. It flows in and around you, in every being, every plant, every molecule." He outstretched his hand to the side, reached into the force, and began to levitate a small pile of sand. "You have the power to manipulate the Force to do your bidding. If you are able to flow with the Force, you will be able to command it."

The sand dropped, and so did Beric's hand. He began to walk past Millu and waded into the water, waves crashing around him. He looked around for a moment, before finding what he was looking for: a small rock smoothed over the centuries by constant tidal erosion. He picked it up and returned back to the solid, sandy ground, placing the small rock at Millu's feet.

"Now," he said, indicating towards the rock. "Concentrate on only that. Let your mind filter out all other distraction. Once you have a hold over the rock and its presence in the Force, command it to come to you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom