Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of the Union [Open to Invitation]

Having taken her leave finally of Krest and Tobias, Ra almost let out a sigh of relief. When Vulps responded to her and slightly explained things, she was confused for a short moment. The look on her face very likely mirrored her emotion for once.

What do you mean you're good with him now? I wouldn't have been with the sith if not because of him. Or I would have been dead if I didn't join.

If there was a way for tone to be inflected across, he would hear the question and then the lingering anger she still had buried. When the tap came, she stopped and did turn to face. Giving him a tiny smile of thanks, she took the drink and a sip quickly followed.

"Thank you."

Looking around to see if there was anybody else near enough to overhear what she had to say, Ra did not notice anybody that didn't already know this.

"Some of these people don't know I can use the Force, what my alignment was or anything. Back when we met, I had to keep it secret. So I want to keep it that way. Too many question would be asked if they learned I'm sure."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Anxiety bubbled in the back of his mind like a foul magma. It infected his entire being, momentarily hijacking his thoughts and destroying the visage of confidence he had previously maintained.

The lights of the graduation hall seemed blinding as Cedric stepped through the heavy doors. He felt the eyes of several dozen beings fall upon him, though most regarded the Jedi Master with disinterest. He was clad in a simple black suit marked with a red tie - he blended in well with the crowd, but truly he felt naked. He had not stepped out into such a public outing since the fall of his homeworld, and showing his face after taking the oath of service had proven to be a challenge. With his mask and armor, he wore his sins upon his shoulder - it helped him to separate himself from his humanity. Now he was naked in the proverbial sense, his scarred face visible to all who might wish to see it, and it was undeniably human.

"Announcing Jedi Master Cedric Grayson, accompanied by Doctor Aes'ona Terrani of the First Order...and [member="Dak"], their butler." The announcer sounded momentarily confused as to why referencing the HK unit that followed the duo was relevant, but then he wasn't one to question the names provided on the flashcards.

Cedric drew in a sharp breath, and went through the mantras in his mind. His anxieties were banished, as were his doubts. A few of those present turned to give [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] a judging eye, but most paid her little mind. Even still, he needed to maintain his own composure for the doctor's sake - he was a friend here, and as far as many were concerned, she was the enemy.

"Welcome to Carida," Cedric spoke low so that his companions would hear, "They're really into gold here aren't they?"

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] | Josh DragonsFlame | [member="Noah Corek"] | [member="Coren Starchaser"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Abigail Meredydd"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Vulpesen"] | [member="Krest"] | [member="Riamah"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="John Locke"] | [member="Tobias Dracks"]

Dak's head follows the announcer as the group steps through the entryway. "Butler, Master Cedric?" he returns his focus from over his shoulder to look to the two at his left "I have been called many things, but this is a first."

The entire grandiose setting had the droid ecstatic. At least, to the best of his ability. The modern politics of the Galaxy were so foreign to the unit at this point that everywhere he looked he felt bombarded by some bit of new information. From whispers of popular planets and people, glimpses of strange fashions, trendy gestures and odd terminologies that did not register with him. While he didn't remember much, he certainly couldn't recall the last time one of [member="Cedric Grayson"]'s predecessors utilized his protocol elements.

"A lot changes with the passing of time, Master," his red receptors rapidly switch from person to person as the three become one with the crowd, assessing them both out of function and curiosity "the organic's desire for ostentatious displays of wealth is not one of them."

☤ Golden Heart, Cold Hands ☤
/ [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Dak"] | [member="Noah Corek"] \

"...Doctor Aes'ona Terrani of the First Order..."

She couldn't help but cringe at the mention of her faction. Well, but she supposed it was wholly necessary. Perhaps it was better for guests to know what they were getting themselves into before they began to talk to her?

In any case, however, she put it out of her mind. She'd resolved to give the Republic another chance--not so that she'd defect, but that she might at least rehumanize its members.

She leaned over slightly and replied, "Evidently." She paused, thinking. When she spoke, she lowered her voice even more, "Pardon me for asking but don't these, as Dak says, displays of wealth...affect your growth rate. Negatively?"

As she listened to the answer, she scanned over the ballroom and the crowd within. No familiar faces. Part of her was expecting Marina or Mariya to be here, but deep down she knew they wouldn't be. Another part of her was silently thankful that she did not spot any attacker from Dagobah--though they had been Allegiance men, they could have perceivably ended up in a place like this.

Her gaze fell onto a well-dressed man and younger woman over at the bar.

Kark. She thought she knew who the former was, even at this distance. Noah. She couldn't recall a surname, but she clearly remembered sharing a starship with the solider, among others.

Aes'ona froze mid-step. Her eyes widened. This was not good. She had thought herself anonymous to all in attendance entirely too soon.

Believe me, I'm well aware of the skeletons in his closet. Taking a sip from his own glass, Vulpesen cast his eyes around the area. A place full of politicians and dealers. It was odd to realize that he now belonged to this world. But at least, his position as his companion's personal guard brought some familiarity to his situation. "Don't worry, I'll leave out any awkward details." He leaned in, whispering low to further ensure that only she could hear him. "I guess it makes sense that you'd hire a powerful force user as a personal guard."

[member="Riamah"]

Drass Mon

Busting heads for the Republic
Couldn’t even think of the last time he had been at something like this, that was the main thought going through Drass’s head as he rather awkwardly just...sat around, the answer to his thought was that he had never been to something like this: the big scary ex-Mercenary was a lost little lamb here, and it showed more than he would’ve liked.

Call it hiding in isolation, but he was just watching the procession go on around him: fresh as ever he barely knew any of the faces around and especially didn’t know who he could actually approach. So he did was seemed the most natural, just watch and learn...what was he even really learning though?

With a small shrug to no one, the Sergeant decided to bury himself in something to drink: always seemed a little less awkward if he was drinking, hopefully at least.

Playing: Chancellor Munnu Fati
Interacting With: [member="Cedric Grayson"], [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] and [member="Dak"]

The Chancellor was speaking with one of the Generals of the 16th Republic Legion, the man had questions about the assignment on Arkandia. He reassured him that it was a defensive stance of the Northern Boarder as the attack on Outpost 32B had been so close to home. Once he reassured the General that it was not a predatory action towards the movement north, he noticed Master Grayson just entering the room. "Excuse me General Andrews." He nodded and began to move towards the Jedi Master.

Walking up in his white suite he approached the small group of people. As if appearing from out of the blue he spoke up from behind Dr. Terrani, "It also represents the prosperity and growth of the Republic, or at least that is what Tobias tells me," He smiled as the Doctor reacted. "I am more of a metallic gray and white admirer really."

Two of the Senate Guards attempted to leave their post and stand by the Chancellors side. Munnu did not want that and only lifted his eyes to them, they could read what he meant and went back to their posting. It seemed the Chancellor was making a statement by greeting them without protected guard.

He turned to the Jedi, "Master Grayson, I have ready many reports with your name on it, I must say its very exciting to meet you in the flesh, and to have you bring an intelligent and beautiful women with you none the less, if he tricked you my dear only need to say so," He chuckled a little, "Either way I am very happy you all were able to make it."

Dak watches the individual on his approach, but quickly determines he is not a threat; well-dressed though and clearly of importance. Keenly aware that he is not equipped with any sort of stealth module, the droid's sight shifts between the Chancellor, [member="Cedric Grayson"] and [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] with a bit of surprise as he tries to determine whether he had been purposely ignored.

"Prosperity has consistently demonstrated itself to be a temporary state," Dak comments with a finger raised, distinctly unaware of the individual's significance as he interjects the conversation "unfortunately, this misunderstanding of it has proven to be consistent as well." At that he lowers his hand and turns his body to face Munnu completely, standing only slightly taller than the older man. "Forgive me, I am designated 'Dak'. I too am thrilled."

[member="The Event"]

"They were here before we ever came to Carida." Cedric replied smoothly as a familiar voice stole his attentions. The Jedi Master turned about to meet the chancellor's gaze. Cedric had not expected the elected leader of the New Republic to seek his group out so quickly, but he supposed that was a good sign. If the supreme chancellor was interested in listening to what they had to say, then the prospects he had discussed with Aes'ona might not be so unlikely after all.

The Essonian Knight remained silent as the chancellor spoke his greetings. A brow was momentarily lofted as the older man showered the doctor with compliments - it made Cedric question the politician's motive, though that was perhaps more his territorial nature than anything to actually worry over. He set such suspicions aside and gestured toward the droid that had accompanied them, though he held his tongue as Dak made his presence quite known. Cedric found himself cracking a small smile at the droid's words, however negative they might have been.

"Pleased to be here, Supreme Chancellor," Cedric inclined his head respectfully, "People talk. I'm afraid I tend to be far less impressive than what the propagandists would like to have the others believe." He added with a hint of a hint of good humor. Cedric was no stranger to the political campaigns set forth to put certain individuals within the Republic upon a pedestal for their services. The fall of Ession had garnered him the status of a martyr, an unwanted title that had opened more doors than his prior deeds ever could.

"This is Doctor Aes'ona - it's good to see your eyes are working properly chancellor." Cedric replied in a manner that was wholly pleasant. "I had been wanting for you two to meet, actually."

[member="Dak"], [member="The Event"], [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"]

/ [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Dak"] | [member="The Event"] \

Aes'ona's nervousness caused her turned on her heel at Fati's unexpected articulation so fast that she almost lost her footing. However, once she saw that his face was one unknown to her, she relaxed and welcomed the intrusion as a pleasant distraction.

All she could do as he complimented her was smile dumbly. What was to be said? Plenty, but where to start? She'd leave that to Cedric.

Her polite grin momentarily faltered at Fati's joke about being brought against her will. Of course she hadn't been, but it still left her feeling awkward.

Dak's interruption gave her a minute to recompose herself.

After Cedric's response, she added, "Yes," a little too forcefully--most likely thanks to her nerves--"Aes'ona Terrani. How do you do?" Hesitating a moment, she pulled her black shawl up over her right elbow to extend the arm out to Fati. Admittedly, she had no clue how she was supposed to greet a Supreme Chancellor, but she had already committed. Her nerves caused her to default to the only professional greeting she regularly practiced.

Oh, how she hoped it wasn't an offense to him.

She probably should have bowed. She had never once shaken the Grand Admiral's hand, and she certainly would not be advised to do so if ever she met the Supreme Leader.

Playing: Chancellor Munnu Fati
Interacting With: [member="Cedric Grayson"], [member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] and [member="Dak"]

The Chancellor was a little thrown off by the sudden statement received by the Droid. To galactic standards, most droids that served as butlers or servants were only able to do the singular task when asked. However, this model seemed to have a personality of its own, he had never seen such a thing before. It was rather amazing to witness a sentient machine now, battle droids and astromechs were the spectrum of droids he had meet. This was something new of its own.

He bowed his head to Dak, "Apologies about my manners Dak, I had assumed by the title they called out that you were a service droid," He recover from his head bow, "As for your question from those not from the poverty stricken Core Worlds I think your hypothesis would be correct, to nations like the First Order or even the Sith Empire this would be seen as a waist of the economic thrust of their citizens hard work, but for the Core Worlds this resembles hope that the planets that were stricken by invasion and destruction due to their alliance with the GA, like the saying goes, If a meal is dropped before a poor family and instantly replaced with another without cost, one would assume the provider is wealthier and more powerful."

Munnu smiled at the droid and placed his hands closed in front of himself. The smile was warm and greeting, the worries of rank could subside as he reverberated the feeling of talking with an old man from down the street.

When Master Grayson introduced the Doctor, he nodded. When she offered a hand to accompany her greeting, he broke his bright smile to personal understanding look, a crack of a smile still there. He reached out and took her hand with both of his and shook it gently. "The election trail was a pain in the rear, but now that I am here I am sure there will be a longer road ahead of me," He stopped shaking her hand and stepped back to give her and Cedric a closer distance then him and her. "How was your trip, I hope you were not hassled by my men while traveling here, we are still working out the wrinkles of the past at the moment and I hope you would be able to see that."

He looked to Cedric, "I am sure your date would prefer to enjoy the party then talk politics with an old man such as myself, Dance, Drink, and Enjoy the evening," He looked to the droid, "They are too young to be worried about time unlike us two old men." He laughed a little at his own joke, "But do not worry, I will be sure that a meeting between us will be arranged by Tobias, knowing him he already put in on the book the minute you were announced."

/ [member="The Event"] | [member="Cedric Grayson"] | [member="Dak"] \

The Supreme Chancellor was right--Aes'ona saw the venue as something of a waste. She too was an admirer of plain grey and white durasteel, maybe only because she had gotten so used to it. Nice things had their time and place, but the time would be at the end of the Order's seemingly endless wars, and it was only a matter of time before they got into another.

Hope, though, was a pleasing sentiment, though and maybe because she rarely truly felt it. Aes'ona smiled as Fati spoke about the idea. She still held her own opinion, but she accepted his explanation.

"Elected?" she repeated. That was altogether a foreign concept, at least in the context of the government. "Does that--?" She stopped herself. That was a stupid question. Of course it worked, or it seemed to, as evidenced by the man before her.

"Lovely as could be, thank you, Chancellor," she answered, glancing over happily at Cedric. "At least from my point of view. I don't like space very much, so I regret to say I didn't see anything. But it gave me time to work."

And then, a slightly panicked glance was thrown his way. Date? "Uh, all due respect, but I-I came to discuss politics."

He returns a bow of his head in response to the Chancellor's greeting, now well aware of who exactly he is dealing with. As he lowers his head he shoots a joking glance to the Jedi Master at the mention of his butler title, but is caught off guard in the gesture. [member="Cedric Grayson"] seems to blur and for a moment Dak is sure he is staring at Delara Grayson, his predecessor. He turns his head to his right to regard Chancellor Fali as he speaks, but instead sees Finis Valorum. This was all so familiar.

Quickly realizing these sights to be illogical, the HK prototype launches an internal diagnostics scan. Just as it concludes the Chancellor makes his joke and the droid snaps back to reality. "Yes Chancellor, I too am terribly old," he responds with a hurried voice, awkwardly shifting his gaze between the three.

[member="Dr. Aes'ona Terrani"] | [member="The Event"]

"While I appreciate the sentiment, Vice Chancellor, such things are best to be discussed behind closed doors instead of in parties like this where just about anyone can come in." Krest turned his gaze from [member="Tobias Dracks"] to the new comers, shaking his head. "You're Chancellor looks impatient to have you speak to the newest batch. Find me later when we can have a private conversation about more than just Commenor."

"Oof."

Josh was nearly knocked over by what was pretty much a flying hug by [member="Scherezade deWinter"] which he had to catch quickly in order to retain his balance. Hadn't he told her of the promotion? It was even possible she was there during the ceremony, he wasn't sure if he could remember or not. But regardless, he was very much happy to see her. "Maddy, it's good to see you!" Josh would respond as he would wrap his arms around her, pretty much lifting her off of her feet with the hug he returned her with. Though with the sudden entrance, it appeared that he had lost track of [member="Riamah"] which was disappointing. But he could sense the anger... And his head darted toward Ra quickly. She was difficult to find in this sea of bodies, but he knew her presence, with or without her Force presence being cloaked. He knew her for her.

"Come, Maddy, let's catch back up with our friend. I don't think we've all been together since Emergoop. Though I'm sure we'll be called to resume that mission in time. It'd be nice to catch up."

Putting Madalena down, Josh would motion for her to come along as he would make his way toward Ra and [member="Vulpesen"] as the Jedi Master would gingerly nod his head toward them respectfully.

"You appear troubled, Ria. Come, drink with your friends and be merry! We'll get the smile back on your face, and for real this time. Of course, Vulpesen is free to join us if he likes."

"Forgive me if I'm alone here, Mrs.Organa" Veiere smiled politely with a slight hint of a chuckle coming through in his breath, "But I feel as though these things were best for social networking, rather than making any real progress in the Governance of our Systems. Perhaps your Husband would agree? [member="Lady Kay"] was always better at making friends, than I"; given her rather vast variety of peoples that she had come to deal with both within and outside of politics, it was certainly true that she had a talent for diplomacy with a cup of Tea. That was always her thing after all, sharing a Cup with those that often intimidated others, in order to encourage some mutual atmosphere.

Unfortunately, the Dark Lord of the Sith wasn't much a man for Tea, it had turned out, and it was there that Veiere's strengths were best suited for Commenor. If ever there was a fight to be had, one that was justified by an integral moral compass, then Veiere would commit himself to the cause. It was how [member="Alkor Centaris"] had captured him and handed him over to the Sith Empire in the first place.

"As you can imagine, Commenor's not faring as well as I'd like" he added, and that was certainly putting it lightly. "The Sith Empire have occupied our people and have enslaved or killed all of our former officials that worked in office, for my House. The blockade around the sector has tightened down on trade supplies so much so that people are being starved. If I were to guess, it's an attempt to pacify any rebellion while too ensuring they can monitor who comes and goes...-That said, they can't be everywhere at once and we've managed to get people in on the ground".

"I have every intention of fighting for their freedom" Veiere concluded, glancing back to [member="Faith Organa"] with much more of a serious look, that previous amusement gone, replaced with one of conviction.

Apologies but I'm away until tomorrow evening, hence the late reply.

Wearing: Dress | [SIZE=11pt]Honey Boo Prototype Combat Boots[/SIZE]
Wielding: 4 Czerka Knives, hidden from sight
Tags: [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Riamah"] [member="Coren Starchaser"]

rosedic2.png
He had told her all right. The shmuck just hadn't invited her. That, she had received from the CIS, along with orders to go and be the Confederacy's representative, just as she was in more and more events that involved both the Silvers and them. A stranger would've found it laughable, that a Sithling would be sent to such events, but Madalena couldn't really care any less. She had a friend with the Silvers, which was more than enough to ensure she was constantly on her best behavior with them.

Letting a little squee out when he picked her, Madalena wildly kicked her feet, managing against all odds to keep it somehow playful, until Josh put her down again. The smile on her face was big and wide, and she nodded before following Josh through the crowd.

There were quite a few faces here that she recognized from the Emergoop mission, and she offered smiles to them all, not really having anything to contribute to the conversation. But tonight wasn't about her; it was about Josh and his promotion. So she had every intent to stick around and smile and be proud of her best friend; but only for a few more minutes or so, after which she would apologize and make an exit.

"No, Charlie," she replied. "Queen [member="Faith Organa"] may have a heart attack with you implying as such."

She had made a tongue-in-cheek reference to the troubles between Alderaan and the Galactic Republic in its last days. She was actually quite curious about how the Queen felt about the latest incarnation of the Republic setting up shop next door. Her own people had resisted with much grumbling, remembering how they had been treated in the last days of the Republic, and now the systems under the banner of the KSU remained independent within Republic space.

"I suppose most are Republicans," she continued in a more serious tone, "but there's a healthy mix of representatives from all over. Many new people I haven't seen before. This is a good opportunity to make new connections - we can never have enough friends."

Jyoti turned back on Jarael, who was her usual mess of nerves. The Echani smiled and gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"No need to be nervous. The worst we have to face from politicians is hot air. Relax and try to enjoy yourself tonight."

By now, Drystan had already helped herself to the festivities, strutting back toward Jyoti and the rest of the group with a glass of champagne in hand. In her high collared Jedi robes, Jyoti looked quite pedestrian next to the blonde in that shimmering blue silken dress revealing all kinds of skin.

"It certainly is," she agreed with a nod. "See Jarael, it's not so bad."

It looked like the whole party had assembled, so Jyoti finally felt comfortable enough to proceed forward. She had wanted to move around with Josh as she greeted all the dignitaries, but he seemed occupied with Sherezade...or whatever she was calling herself these days. To the Echani she almost looked like a completely different person, filled out (and clean!) from her previous skeletal and matted appearance.

Now she could see how Josh had been so smitten.

"Time to make myself welcome. The rest of you, feel free to mingle."

She had a feeling Charlie and Jarael would stay close by, but Drystan would welcome the autonomy as more of an independent spirit - that's one of the reasons she made an excellent Shadow.

"You've always talked how much you admired Alderaanian architecture...I'm sure the Queen would love to hear all about it."

With that, she stepped forward, first homing in on Coren who had noticed her by now, standing with Feanor. Without much ceremony, she walked up straight to him, delivering a gentle jab to his shoulder in greeting.

"Long time no see," she began, then pulled him in with a small hug. Then she pulled back, appraising his wear. "You're looking quite sharp tonight. Looks like you're doing quite well for yourself back in the Outer Rim."

While waiting for a response, she turned her attention on Feanor, offering a small bow of respect to her Republican counterpart. No words were spoken, but between Echani they weren't necessary. A single action was as good as a thousand words.

"We're all here...what a coincidence."

She hoped this wasn't the start of another conclave.

How she hated conclaves.

[member="Drystan Marakos"] [member="Jarael Belaerys"] [member="Abigail Meredydd"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Tobias Dracks"]

The Republic had a lot of work ahead of them, and Coren Starchaser was going to do what he could to help. It meant that he was going to link the Alliance in to the war effort, and provide some assistance for the Republic Jedi. And today? Well, while he was a bit distracted, so many people were around, and ones he would need to run into. The red-head from the Wheel, [member="Riamah"], right? Yeah, he noticed her but his attention was more tracking the other one there.

What fabric was that dress made out of? He took a peak over at [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and shook his head. That was a Confederate, wasn’t she? Still, allied to the host government of the Coalition so he’d have to square with that. Maybe after speaking to [member="Alexandra Feanor"] and [member="Jyoti Nooran"] and he’d go schmoozing with the ladies around. He offered a nod in the direction of the two, redhead and Confederate before turning to Alex.

“Hello, Alex. The Republic Jedi treating you well?” He smiled to one of his counterparts in the greater family of the Jedi. “And a pleasure, Abigail. Learning enough from Alex? If ya need a bit of hands on combat training, come check out the Shattered.” A grin on his lips as he looked over. “This is a big deal today, huh?”

And that was when he was hit in the shoulder. “Jyoti! Good to see the Silvers here. And yeah, we all are here. Hopefully just happenstance. A few things I’d like to just… I dunno, confirm, not anything for committee, but the three of us… we’re already ready to work together right?”

He heard the announcement during the greeting to Jyoti, and during his stutters, the Force was lightning up around the Jedi Master. First Order… here? Not a good thing, even if they were with [member="Cedric Grayson"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom