Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Macbeth? Jk! Les Miserables! [Interest Check]

What Historical Play Should We Reenact Star Wars RP Chaos Style?

• Total voters
EDIT:
NEW POLL!
A poll has been added to sort out all of our interested folk to determine what play we should reenact! This was originally for a Star Wars Macbeth, but from the response, people are interested in other plays as well! So vote now if you are interested in participating, and suggest bellow what plays you have to nominate to the poll! Though voting for one is encouraged, I'll allow you to vote any of the options available :)

Original Post:

By a show of hands, who knows of William Shakespeare's [The Tragedy of] Macbeth?

I've been learning about it in school and for some reason couldn't stop myself from thinking of a star wars reenactment of it, and lo and behold the internet has provided me proof that there are similarities and people have even already attempted it!

So I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a Chaos version :p

Ideas are welcomed immediately to those who are savvy with the knowledge of Macbeth or other Shakespearean items :D

For those who have not even hear of Macbeth, in a nut shell:
[Spoilers]
Two dudes, Macbeth and Banquo are met by three witches. They make a prophesy that Macbeth [is] Thane of Glamis, will be Thane of Cawdor, and shalt be King hereafter. Banquo is made a prophesy to be the father to a long line of kings, though not king himself. Eventually after some of the prophesy is true, Macbeth is seduced by the promise and after being manipulated by his wife kills Duncan and evades suspicion. After some circumstances he is named King, but because his prophesy was so good, he was bothered by Banquo's, so he killed him too and tried to kill his son but failed. He starts hallucinating a lot. He goes full darkside and consults with the witches again, which tell him to beware Macduff (an enemy), he will not be killed of anyone born of a woman, and he will never be defeated until a forest moves to his castle. He kills Macduff's family, to get at him. Macduff gets the help from the former prince Malcolm, and the English to defeat Macbeth. The cut down that forest from his prophesy and each soldier holds a branch to disguise there numbers, giving it the appearance the forest is moving to Macbeth's castle. Also, Macduff was basically born from c-section, so since he didn't go down the "birth canal" he wasn't born of a woman. Macduff saves the day by chopping off Macbeth's head and Malcolm becomes the new kind of Scotland.

@[member="Fatty"] Oh Sith sakes, this brings back Grade 11 memories all over again.

My classmates will never forgive me for the guts spilled due to the fake and intentionally humorous scottish accent when I did this play.

Also done twelfth night... Midsummer nights dream... Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet... I'm a big Shakespeare guy. Did Macbeth (Got switched to Malcolm halfway in because my imitation of Macbeth's voice caused a distraction) in Macbeth, that fairy king person in MSND... Romeo in R&J, the male twin in that play that inspired She's The Man... Oh and Hamlet in, ironically enough, Hamlet. Because nobody else had the balls to try the To Be Or Not To Be speech in one sitting.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
@[member="Fatty"]
Dibs on being the Porter :p

In my school we didn't do like a school-wide production of Macbeth but instead we were put in groups to reenact specific scenes, mine was during the Siege of Dunsinane when Macbeth confronts the cowardly soldier. I was the cowardly soldier :p But because I was also the director in my group >.> And the teacher said I couldn't be both director and Macbeth.

Seir'ari

Twi'lek Slaver
It might be a little difficult to adhere to the Shakespearian story while still retaining the characters' personalities. It'd probably be a heck of a lot more fun for you guys if you collab'd on a written short or chaptered story-- that way you guys could focus on your favorite parts and still get that awesome Star Wars setting.

All we need is a Jedi who is fallible, an evil to seduce him to fall, a good noble friend of his, a leader to die, a clone to kill the Macbeth, and a relative of the dead leader to bring chaos to order.

I feel like we can find a fallible Jedi, lots of feminine evils to seduce him/her, some noble people around, LOTS of leaders around, and lots of clones around.

Surely redoing Macbeth isn't that hard.

82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

@[member="Valik"]

Oh, The Scottish Play. I played Lady Macbeth, once. That was a short run though. I love playing insane women, @[member="Ahani Najwa"] could do it, if you don't have any other takers.
In my professional career (not counting academic/university stage) I've played:
Beatrice (Much Ado About Noting)
Isabella (Measure for Measure)
Calpurnia (Julius Ceasar)
Those are the Shakespeares, anyway.

So perhaps I should make this a poll if we are really going to do this.

Put down any nominations that you believe would fit into our genre, and the poll will be made and we shall vote on what will be done!

I nominate, Macbeth!

Or Hamlet... I like the sound of Hamlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom