Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sith Vote

How should the Sith be run?

• Total voters
the_one_ring_by_lucasmt-d5414ey.jpg

Ashin Varanin said:
[member="Tamara"]

If I knew for sure, I'd have been playing kingmaker for months now. But the site's too big for me to know everyone. I have candidates in mind, sure, but I haven't played kingmaker with the Sith in a good while.
No worries, I know who's been filling in for you ever since the Sith Empire buckled, and they're doing just fine at it.

Nothing stops this train.

In Umbris Potestas Est
I agree more along the lines of a gladitorial thing where all the Sith fight each other at the same time. With one restriction - Jedi can't come in and kill everyone just because they're together.

The One Sith have been running the first option, and they seem to be doing well from what I gather.

Whatever's going on over there, not having IC or OOC authority concentrated in one dude's hands is probably better in the long run. Might encourage people to be more active in their faction if they always have a say in what's going down.

Seir'ari

Twi'lek Slaver
I know I'm not in the Sith faction, but we had issues like this in a community that I'm modding; there was supposed to be an "Omega Leader of Chaos" and the problem is that the faction stood to compete against 2 others, and it didn't have much appeal because the leader's mun went offline and never returned.

The system that we employed was to where it was an IC leader, but he was played by 3 elected players who decided on the specifics actions, behaviors, and ideals of the lord. They all shared the account and its password, and there would always be someone who could answer as the leader while no player knew exactly who those three people were, so there wouldn't be stress if one of them dropped off the radar for a while because the 'leader' would still be active as ever. He'd be usually pulled out for large events, though as the members got a better grasp on how this system worked he became a bit more commonplace and less worried about showing his face to the other veteran faction leaders.

It was an odd system but it worked considering that most of the issue about developing a leader was pride, as it is in the Sith community; if nobody knew who was manning the controls from behind, then there would be no favoritism and no incentive to abuse the power they gave themselves because they were constantly networking with one another OOC to keep the character consistent.

This isn't something I'm suggesting to you guys, nor am I saying for it to be included in the vote. I'm just noticing here and now that there's a lot of dissatisfaction because you guys are hoping bigtime to assume top-priority roles but nobody's willing to stand down. Maybe having a few muns put together to hash it out in OOC would be for the best, especially seeing as your needs and situation are unique to this given situation. And essentially this is the purpose of the voting system in place; to try and get you guys to realize that your desire to rebuild the Sith isn't something that only you have. You guys all want it to be restored, you just need to hash out the details and decide how it should be run.

sabrina

If we can`t get a major faction to work (The one sith is next to try), could we do a brotherhood system, where we try become feudal lords.
Take individual planet`s, and try hold on to them, just to spice thing`s up?

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Særa Ayña Savan said:
There needs to be an Option 4: Go find something better to do. Because this is just ridiculous. This is why the Sith doesn't work. Too much chat. Too little action. Seven pages of TL;DR.
If it has nothing to do with you and you are annoyed by it then ignore it. No one's forcing you to come in here and read all of this just so you can get upset about it and start complaining. Just move along to the next thread and get on with your life.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Christian Slade said:
If it has nothing to do with you and you are annoyed by it then ignore it. No one's forcing you to come in here and read all of this just so you can get upset about it and start complaining. Just move along to the next thread and get on with your life.
*slow claps* I'm not upset, just enlightened. *grins*

By the way, this is Ashe, your fellow compatriot....

#TruthHurts

Simply pointing out something real quick. Disclaimer though, I don't have any intentions on uniting the Sith. Krest won't do that (Not yet at least)

Saying that this chat is pointless and saying that people should take action and unite the Sith instead of posting here is very.. Hypocritical? If you're not going to do it, don't complain that no one else will. It's not going to be served to you on a golden platter.

At least, that's how my old RP site went when it came to RP. Instead of complaining that x isn't happening, make it happen. Cause in the end you're just looking selfish.

Point over \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom