Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion say no to an invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly its as it says id think there would be players out here who make factions to tell a cohesive story but they cant do that with every other week worrying about spam invasions from less then fun factions out there honestly eventually it burns factions out leads to resentment for the site and overall leads to a mass exidos I've seen this happen on many many of pvp faction sites all I'm asking or suggesting is there be a option to void a invasion mabie once a month or if their faction has been targeted by the same group for more then 2 times a month they can void any invasions from said group for a month just enough to give them time to recharge I'm not saying names out there because lets face it they know who they are but seriously constantly invading is one thing invading and then sticking to only pve because you cant stand the thought of your stuff being weaker than another wrighters is uncool.

this being said if this suggestion cant be taken could we at least agree that if a group is invading they must be pvping with the group they're invading so these collaborative stories don't seem like 2 or 6 different stories being told with wildly different outcomes each story?

Major Faction

Ryv

Paragon of Sacrifice
Honestly its as it says id think there would be players out here who make factions to tell a cohesive story but they cant do that with every other week worrying about spam invasions from less then fun factions out there honestly eventually it burns factions out leads to resentment for the site and overall leads to a mass exidos I've seen this happen on many many of pvp faction sites all I'm asking or suggesting is there be a option to void a invasion mabie once a month or if their faction has been targeted by the same group for more then 2 times a month they can void any invasions from said group for a month just enough to give them time to recharge I'm not saying names out there because lets face it they know who they are but seriously constantly invading is one thing invading and then sticking to only pve because you cant stand the thought of your stuff being weaker than another wrighters is uncool.

this being said if this suggestion cant be taken could we at least agree that if a group is invading they must be pvping with the group they're invading so these collaborative stories don't seem like 2 or 6 different stories being told with wildly different outcomes each story?

No.

Also, PvE happens because factions who don't have the writing base to be a major, and partake in the resulting consequences of being a major, decide to continue being a major.

Just here to state my opinion on this, but I disagree with limiting a faction or factions from invasions. Sometimes there is a burnout and sometimes it can be excessive but a faction always has the opportunity to concede and negotiate with another faction. If you don't want to be constantly invaded or wish to do other stories, talk to the other faction about that. Work something out, but limiting factions isn't going to improve things from my perspective.

map game is optional, fam

4m1dnd7.png

Tom Kovack

T
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was already a thing? So long as you communicate with the other faction and make your concerns known, they can't force you to participate in a thread lol. If anything, this would only be an issue if everyone in one faction refused to be in the thread while the other faction insisted upon invading, which I would think is a very rare occurrence.

No.

Also, PvE happens because factions who don't have the writing base to be a major, and partake in the resulting consequences of being a major, decide to continue being a major.

PVE happens because people like to tell stories that don't involve war from time to time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was already a thing? So long as you communicate with the other faction and make your concerns known, they can't force you to participate in a thread lol. If anything, this would only be an issue if everyone in one faction refused to be in the thread while the other faction insisted upon invading, which I would think is a very rare occurrence.

There is coordination that goes on behind the scenes to facilitate story telling and coordination for invasions and the like, however there is not a mechanism like the OP suggests to refuse an invasion.

One can ignore an Invasion, certainly, but that forfeits it in the Invader's favour; I've seen it happen at most once or twice. See below.

2. Both factions must have a minimum of 5 faction members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the invasion, that faction forfeits.

As for the Suggestion itself, I can understand the perspective, but I don't really see it fitting into the current system; truth be told I don't really care, though, all of my Invasion stories are just me having fun with my own characters and narratives. Hexes aren't worth getting all stressed up about.

Kaska Arden

black holes, solid ground
Tom Kovack

You're half right.

The defending faction can certainly decide not to attend an invasion or rebellion. however this usually results in an automatic victory for the invading side. Similarly, if one side decides to bail mid-invasion, that is also counted as a forfeit.

2. Both factions must have a minimum of 5 faction members per side. If either faction cannot meet this requirement within 72 hours of the beginning of the invasion, that faction forfeits.

4. At any time, Faction Owners may request an Administrator to review an Invasion for the purpose of forcing an early concession due to inactivity from any offending or defending Factions. If the claim is found valid, the Administrator may initiate an early Judgement deliberation with the presiding Roleplay Judges. If this method of Victory Declaration is found unsubstantiated, it may be provided to the presiding Roleplay Judges’ for consideration in their Judgement upon the natural conclusion of the Invasion.

Edit: AMCO AMCO beat me to it.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Ty Sibo Ty Sibo

The long and short of it is by applying for Major Faction status you are acknowledging that you‘ll be a full participant in the map game. That’s a part of the meta.

Ryv Ryv

Your statement about PvE is pretty presumptuous. PvE happens in dominions, adventure threads etc. Your logic would also lead one to conclude that diplomacy threads exist for the same reason, and yet the GA seemed to expand pretty well using them on occasion.

If PvP was what made a major worth being a major it would be THE deciding factor in invasions, which it is not.

To be contrarian, I see PvE in majors a sign of the opposite. They have such a strong inner-narrative that they don't need to rely on others to give their writer's a story. As Judah said prior PvE is seen everywhere within any type of action. How else are we to heroically flee from the tumbling skyscrapers or sudden zombie hoard?

But in regards to the suggestion I agree with Adrian, as there is no way that it seems to fit within the current system. It's an understandable thought, of course.

Ty Sibo Ty Sibo

The long and short of it is by applying for Major Faction status you are acknowledging that you‘ll be a full participant in the map game. That’s a part of the meta.

Ryv Ryv

Your statement about PvE is pretty presumptuous. PvE happens in dominions, adventure threads etc. Your logic would also lead one to conclude that diplomacy threads exist for the same reason, and yet the GA seemed to expand pretty well using them on occasion.

If PvP was what made a major worth being a major it would be THE deciding factor in invasions, which it is not.

Well the story is, or at least should be in my opinion, the deciding factor in who wins an invasion. PVP, even if its just you and the other guy having a conversation, is an important part of that process.

generally speaking, that should be the reality when you're in an invasion, but unfortunately that's just not the case if the recently passed invasions I can recall are to go by.

It'll be kind of hard to write out any cohesive narrative in an invasion if your opposition only wants to write between themselves or just PVE, right?

4m1dnd7.png

Last edited:

Aazena Ban

A
Isn't one of the major things about a faction becoming major it's stake in the map game? and isn't there a large portion of the map game that was made just for major factions?

In fact, isn't the main difference between having a big minor faction and an equally sized major faction the ability to interact on the map?

I don't see the thing here then, major factions are defined by their ability to dom, invade, and other various things. If that's not the point of going major, what is?

Why not just stay minor and post a buncha lore and have a buncha threads?

You don't need to go major to attract attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom