Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion say no to an invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Inexhaustible
I see what he means.

I'm not taking sides though, but continued Invasions in it's entirety is really exhausting. Truth be told, it's why I took a break from writing most of my TSE Chars, It's just a lot. Now, on the other hand, the NIO's entire narrative (Weird enough) so I gotta break from what I said and say no to this but...

I don't think it would be much of hassale to implent a once per month Invasion Rule considering we have Annihilations and the Contagious Assault Mandate. Eh, you can tear me apart all you want but you have to realize, people don't want to go minor, they don't want to forfeit and they most certainly do not not want to participate in Invasions.

But at some point it just becomes a lot

Thaelius Thaelius

If you don't want to go minor, and don't want to concede invasions, then the simple solution is just to write in them.

Alternatively you could also just shrug at the map game and not write in them. The map game is optional, fam. But it's also a game, too. Nobody's forced to participate in the game, and you're not entitled to survive simply for the sake of you wanting to be on it.

At the end of the day , people don't have to write in them, and factions are entitled to their right to concede if by and large the majority don't want to participate.

It's just hexes bro.

giphy.gif

Raw thoughts incoming. Having talked to pretty much every MFO that's ever existed, for varying amounts of time, a disproportionately bad ending of a Major Faction almost always comes down to:

1) I don't want to lose my friends. ---------------->I find this incredulous. If they are friends, losing an acronym changes nothing.

2) I feel OOC targeted. ----------------->This one has validity most of the time, I know how petty we all get behind closed doors. But who cares? Major Factions rising and falling doesn't make people validated, it just means it's your time. It takes a poor man's mind to find value in these things. Victory is short lived. I've literally been watching ya'll rise and fall for a decade - and tiiime is on my side.

3) I don't want to lose everything I built. -------------->Yeah, me neither. I've held it up for nearly 10 years, what've you done other than mope and groan at me? Get back in the rp and stop worrying about this. Your tales will be etched in the history of Chaos, like all the others. Make use of the time while you have it.

4) I just want to PvE with my friends. -------------> THE. MAJOR. FACTION. GAME. IS. NOT. THE. HOKEY. POKEY. You want to truly write, you want to truly have your own world with your own friends to reign over? Your head is the limit, not my stupid hexes. I'm just appealing to your base inner desires, the lego building flashy colors staring kid in your nostalgia. The more you worry about the map, the more you're giving tyrants like me control. Kick us out, go write your stories, go enjoy your friends. It always. starts. with. one. person.

5) We're more than Chaos. --------> Okay, I support these Major Factions mindsets of like, all humpty dumpty koombaye and friendship and "it's always been you, Sam.", but remember from whence you came and how you met you bums. The years of watching this particular one meet it's end, people ask forgiveness, people lose their ever loving poodoo to well... this. Look around, man. We're not equipped for your tears, we're not equipped for the drama. We barely manage a few hexes. Take your drama elsewhere and go invent your superior galaxy far, far away from this one, please, I'm so tired of you talking at me about it lol.

Ty Sibo Ty Sibo - So your telling me NIO is the "less than fun" faction cuz they enjoy the map game and instead they should do faction threads and dominions.

OK.

I'm not going to act like this wasn't pitched due to the last three invasions being targeted toward one faction, but come on. The guy didn't mention anyone specifically, so don't take it personally. We're all protective of our people, I get it. However, it's pretty much the consensus that this idea won't fly. Go grab a snack :v

I dont know that anyone in NIO is invading because they have an inferiority complex, let's be real here. If you think that's what's going on then you are entitled to your opinion, but let's agree to disagree and stop wasting people's time by trying to force that onto others by pushing for a rule change.

If a faction dies, it's clock ran out. New factions will come. New ideas will thrive. The best part of one story ending is another story's chance to begin.

All due respect to the OP, but this is one of those “rule changes were never even considered” type suggestions if that’s what it takes for y’all to simmer down.

it’s just a suggestion and subsequent discussion, we can have those without feeling threatened or resorting to veiled insults.

you all do write here, after all.

Now we want to lock threads?

I’m actually a big fan of learning how petty both sides of the arguments get. I said it before, if we lock, if you put it entirely on Staff, y’all learn nothing and blame the authorities.

Sort your own baggage out, walk away to your voice calls and your echo chambers doing your teenage angst thing. We’ll have to lock eventually, I’m sure, cause there’s no middleground when all you do is try to prove how right you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom