Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safe & Sound | CIS Dominion of Naboo [R-45]

K5W9KLJ.png
Objective: Brought My Own
Wearing: Magenta robes, black fingerless elbow gloves & footwraps
Nearby: Scherezade deWinter

She noticed the blood dripping down from Scherezade's hand and raised a brow. "No need to turn a night at the bar into its own battlefield, now, is there?" She grabbed a glass of her own and sipped from it, something that had been sweetened, not that she was complaining.

"This is all I use the Confederacy for anymore," she explained. "Vacations. Getting to see the galaxy. I don't know what beef you've got with them, but you won't find any comradery in me; as far as I'm concerned, they're the most generous group of people I've come across..." Finishing off her glass, she quickly shook her head and took a deep breath. "If you want my advice, just forget about the whole thing. They're fine on their own, let them pay for your drinks and I bet they won't even notice you're absent. Take what you need, don't owe anything to anyone, and live your own life."

She turned back to the bartender and said, "Come on, keep it coming, an unconscious drunk is still better than an angry drunk."

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

bestshake.png
Objective: 3
Wearing: jeans, black t-shirt, combat boots
Wielding: 12 Czerka knives, 4 Glitter Bullets
Tags: @Fawn Alzi

rosedic2.png

A battlefield? Everything was a fight, all the time. Even when she didn't want to. And she was always on the losing side. It didn't matter that she had been dubbed as the best pin cushion in the 'verse. Like with everything else, she was just a joke.

She hadn't been expecting any comradery in the stranger. She also had no words to offer on the generosity. The bottom line was that she was supposed to leave the CIS after all that had happened, but truth was... She had no where to go. No money to go anywhere either. She was stuck against her will, as always.

"I'm not absent," she remarked, "I just don't have a mission other than to be on this rotten planet."

Then there was the rest of the stuff. This time, she just called an entire bottle from the shelf to her hand, and took a long swig from it. "I don't need more preaching."

Adelram Thul

Azrik The Condottiero
Objective: BYOO - Sector 731 - Classified Above Top Secret
The Phasma-Class Infiltrator Black Mercury glided the water's surface. As the ship moved across the arctic seas it was followed by several civilian vessels.

"I want them to start drilling in the glacier as soon as give the order. The other scientific teams can doing whatever surveying they have planned, so long as it does not interfere with the drilling." Azrik said, looking at one of his agents. "Remember, this is officially a research mission conducted under the permission and sponsorship of Lord Tapalo."
"The Landing zone is just a few minutes up ahead. Sir can I ask what we are looking for exactly?" One of agents inside the ship asked Azrik.
"We are looking for specific bacteria readings" Azrik replied. "When I find what we are looking for we will drill for three small cylinders, which should provide the samples I need."
"Year sir." The agent replied.

The pilot shouted the ships had arrived at the LZ. A freezing cold glacier near the sea of Naboo's arctic region. Several men carrying various equipment rushed out from the various vessels on this expedition. From the civilian vessels, some of the men came dressed ready to dive into the freezing sea waters, one of the chattered non-sense about discovering new jelly fish under the ice. Breaking up into several teams, the men of the expedition began to work on various tasks assigned to them. It made for an excellent cover for his true intentions.

Azrik himself monitored the various tasks carried out by his men, as well keeping eye on the researches. "Turn the ship's sensors on. Scan through the ice as deep as they will go, adjust for my specific biological settings and tell me if the sensors pick up anything." He ordered.

Objective: Bring Your Own Objective – Negotiations With The Nobles
Attire: Neutral Royalty

lIhZpkf.png

From the moment Vyra Silara's feet had touched the ground and the crisp, sweet, fragrant air of Naboo had washed over her, she’d been waiting almost desperately for the usual sense of peace that often settles soothingly over the spirit when one arrives home.

Oddly enough, it hadn't happened yet for the Queen of Relovian. Even walking the grand, familiar halls of the Palace hadn't offered her any respite from the ever-growing tension in her soul, like a rubber band stretched too widely, taut and quivering with every shift in the wind. Of course, not a trace of her inner turmoil ever crossed her visage in public, invisible behind her soft smiles and bright, curious eyes. If she'd learned one thing from the political scene, it was never show anyone you're troubled, be them friend or foe.

There had been much debate by her Relovian royal advisors on whether or not it was appropriate for their foreign Queen to directly involve herself in the affairs of her home planet while she sat on their throne. Despite all her efforts to show the people her loyalty and the marked progress Relovian had made in numerous areas under her guidance, many still doubted the Naboo native, their suspicion and uncertainty fueled by fires lit by the few warring factions who openly opposed Vyra's installment. Devoting her time and their resources to aide Naboo and the CIS at large would, according to them, only further the distrust of the people, muddle her priorities and drain their planet of assets they needed. Her place was here now. She should leave Naboo to the rest of the Confederacy, they had it under control. She didn't need to go herself, send an emissary.

Never mind that Vyra hadn't been anywhere near Naboo since her coronation. Never mind that this was not the first time she'd ventured from her throne to offer her aide to other planets (the advisors hadn't seemed to mind her actions then) or tend to business within the Confederacy. Never mind that she'd already spent eighteen years studying and participating in galactic politics representing other planets in the Senate and knew a thing or two about 'priorities'.

Never mind all that.

After some cordial but very choice words on the matter that left even the most vocal of the board somewhat cowed, staring silently at the floor pouting, Vyra packed her bags, gathered her Handmaidens and left for Naboo.

She looked back once to make sure everyone was watching as she boarded her flight.

Her decision to refrain from participating in the CIS's formal negotiations with Queen [member="Jaime"] Pyne had not been made lightly, but in the interest of seeming to remain 'neutral' she thought it best to focus her attention on the refugees. Despite the selfish, condescending skepticism of her advisors and their occasional gross over-stepping and exaggeration, their points were not without some merit. This was her home planet, and she was still viewed as an outsider by many of the Relovian people. Frustrating as it was, Vyra did need to take care with how she handled this situation. She would help, but in Relovians name, and mustn't be seen to be too involved in the details, emotionally or otherwise. With the galactic coverage of the refugee's crisis, all eyes would be on Naboo, and the Queen knew the factions who wanted to see her fall would send spies to watch her and her Handmaidens, hoping to capture something they could use against her
Vyra was determined to give them nothing.

A handful of the noble houses of Naboo had converged at the Center of Cultural Arts, Sciences and History to discuss the refugees and what they as citizens could do to help. It was an unofficial meeting, more to gather information about the situation and record any ideas or helpful proposals so they might forward them to those officially responsible for the crisis.

It seemed a good place for her to start.

She'd chosen her outfit carefully, avoiding any colors directly associated with Naboo or Relovian. Deep gold with pale beading and a black leather harness that disappeared under her gown, starkly simple and far more practical than most of her public dressings with very little embellishment. Her only statement was a thin circlet crown of gold wrapped across her forehead and twined through her hair. The Relovian crest flashed in polished brass on the edges of the black leather at her throat, but there was no sign of her family's crests or the royal symbol of the Naboo.

As the brunette climbed the steps with her head held high and entered the Center, her thoughts were with those in the Palace addressing the Queen of Naboo, and she wondered for the umpteenth time if she'd made the right choice excusing herself from the negotiations. She knew the talks were in good hands. But, like [member=Eirene] had told her, second-guessing your decisions only leads to misery. Forcing the issue from her mind, Vyra glided past the grand marble columns and into the meeting with an open mind and plenty to offer.

Hopefully, Eirene, one of her Handmaidens, would find her own task less stressful...

lIhZpkf.png

Ugohr Poof

The Traveling Gungan Salesman
Objective 3: Shake it Off

"Yousa maken sure dat yousa not installen da power generator assembly before da duracrete issa properly curen"

"Understood, boss"

The construction crews were now in position to pour the basement walls and to put the durasteel beams around what would become the service shafts of a utility-grade power generator made to supplement Rellias' power grid. Now, even with quick-dry duracrete made with 35% recycled material, it still took ca. 2-3 days to cure it to ensure that the reinforced duracrete would be properly cured. Sure, it made construction faster, but was it really as strong as regular duracrete, which sometimes took 2-3 weeks to cure? He would hope that the faith he had in this was not misplaced. Or else the municipal building inspectors would force him to scale down on his vertical farming project; even with the use of recycled duracrete, if the construction quality is shoddy because of the duracrete, then it could put a damper on his plans, and on the city's food supply, too. Sure, no Gungan in their right mind would want to eat farm-bred seafood, but for their non-seafood needs, they can make do with hydroponic farms such as the one whose basement walls are being built on-site. In 2-3 days, hopefully, the above-ground work could begin.

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
Location: Naboo | Outside of Theed (Relief Center/Refugee Settlements)
Objective: Mixing 2 (Helping Settlers) and 3 (BYOO)
Tag: [member="Cassius Droma"]

topbarsmallorange.png

“Sip it slowly.”, Gianna spoke quietly to a young boy that was curled up against the side of his mother. He had a few bumps and bruises but the healers at Monastery had taken care of him well. At most, he was a little dehydrated, but, that could be corrected with proper treatment and time. The tall brunette woman that kept her arm wrapped protectively around his shoulders refused to let him go. If she were being honest, she could see that the woman barely breathed, with her eyes glued to the only exist the temporary housing had to offer. “Are you all right ma’am? Are you hurt?”

The flame-haired healer could feel that something was amiss but there were so many different emotions flooding the area that it was hard to discern one from the other. The separation between emotional pain and physical injury sometimes cantered a line that was hard to discern. She waited patiently, however, fully aware that post-traumatic stress was likely a factor. Some people were still just shocked, adjusting, and compartmentalizing. Others were psychologically damaged.

“No. I’m fine—Thank you Jedi Aegis.”, the woman responded slowly, too slowly, before turning her attention back toward her child.

“You can call me Gianna. Or Gia. You don’t need to worry about being formal here.”, the green-eyed woman responded kindly, bending down to pick up a pack that held some basic medical supplies, and quite a lot of bacta patches. “If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask.”

“Those droids…Aren’t they armed? Aren’t they dangerous?”

Gianna paused, before glancing out at a few of the B1 Battle Droids, passing supplies in a line. One of them bent and bashed their metal head on another while they both tried to pick something up at the same time. They huffed, apologized repeatedly, and then hit their heads again trying to retrieve item a second time. The kindhearted woman smiled briefly, before shaking her head slowly, believing in the Queen of Naboo to keep things civil. “No. I promise. They’re here to help.”

It had something she’d found herself repeating day in and day out. It was different to see droids like these as allies versus a potential threat. But the Galactic Alliance had been capable of it before the fall and the Confederacy had kept good on their word—so what could they do? Accepting help where it was given, when it was needed, was the right thing to do. Gianna excused herself from the tent after that, making a few notes in a datapad, before she turned around to find a spot to wash her hands and freshen up. The sun was warm and wonderful but hard work was hard work.

As she left the water station a familiar presence began to percolate in the back of her mind. It was thin, translucent, and iridescent like a soap bubble. A soft smile crossed her features when she recognized the aura of her friend, technically, her student, and she dutifully pretended not to notice.

She stopped by the nutrition station and found that they were guiltlessly doling out fresh baked nutrient-laden berry-cookies. At first, she declined, but the staff seemed rather relentless and she eventually accepted. By the time she felt Cassius near, she let him approach, trying to quell a sense of joy. The slight sense of well-deserved pride would reflect clearly in summer-green eyes when she turned toward him. He was doing better and better every day. “You’re late.”, she announced teasingly, her sweet expression gentle, and without reproach.

It didn’t matter. Gianna was extremely flexible when it came to disciplining her ‘Padawan’. It felt strange to refer to him as such, considering, he was only a little bit younger than she was. Nevertheless, in the eyes of the Jedi there really wasn’t any other word for it. The flame-haired woman broke her cookie in half before popping the other half in his mouth when he opened it to speak. Her head tilted and she smiled cutely, nose crinkling, before munching on the other half.

That was about as harsh as her training had been thus far. You’re late. Here, eat this nutritional, yet, still slightly tasty cookie. Suffer.

“—And yes. I could use a hand. Two, actually.”, she responded, before landing on the correct name in the system. She smiled and beckoned the dark-haired man to follow along. He had another bit of training to complete before they could even begin to worry about real estate. Besides, it wasn’t going anywhere. It had been on the market so long that the owner was willing to cut a very gracious deal. “This is a perfect chance to learn how to take pain away from others. It’s a safe, controlled environment, with plenty of willing participants.”

There was an elderly man that had volunteered his mild scrape for the job. It would heal on its own with only mild irritation, however, Gianna had promised to take care of it regardless of the outcome. He’d been more than eager. “Cassius Droma, this is Daniel Alovic.”

“The third.”, the man chimed in, in mostly good spirits, despite the craziness. He was puffing away on a pipe with a well-worn hat hiding hair so gray it appeared white. “Good to make your acquaintance Jedi Droma.”

Jedi, Padawan, it was all the same to most of the people recovering in this settlement. They all knew it was simply synonymous with help. “Forgive me—“, Gianna began with a laugh, before holding her hand out. The man was also aware that both Jedi would likely be touching his person. Healing was an art form that for some, Gianna included, was nigh impossible without physical contact. “Daniel Alovic the III.”

“My friend and I are going to need to take hold of your arm for a moment. Please bear with us—It can be a slow process.”

The man smiled and nodded. He didn’t only seem kind, but he felt, kind. He felt like the type to have a million younglings playing at his feet, throwing their toys, pulling on his hair, and not thinking anything of it. He was the perfect sort of person to start Cassius off with. ‘Let me guide you. Clear your mind. Focus not on the injury but on the person as a whole. Picture him not with your eyes but with your heart. Medical knowledge helps, however, the Force will intuitively bridge the gap.’

Though she would seem silent to the old man, deep in concentration, she would speak to Cassius through telepathy. Her mind was a comfort. A place of safety, discrete, and unobtrusive. It was a place designed to leave others at ease, with a sense of coming home, versus feeling invaded. She did not obliterate the halls of his mind to gain entry, not like some, who broke windows and barreled through walls.

Gianna simply grasped the handle and politely opened the door.

‘First—Use the Force to discern what truly ails him. Have patience and let it speak to you.’

topbarsmallorange.png
[member="Cassius Droma"]

realnewbegin.png
Location: Naboo - Theed - Royal Palace [Outside Throne Room | [member="Jamie Pyne"]]
Standing Beside: [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Antoine Rhys"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Cora deWinter"] | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"]
Wearing: X
Objective: 1 - Negotiation

Were it not for the shadows that lingered in the halls of her eyes she might have cast the handsome [member="Antoine Rhys"] a pale smile at his hope-filled words. Part of her wanted to believe them but the Echani had been bothered by the sight of Coruscant burning. She had seen war. She had seen the leftover carnage from Thyrsian raids on her homeworld and she had nearly died on Tatooine. That had been nothing compared to the full-scale destruction the Sith Empire had rained down. Srina could not unsee Coruscant. She could not remove it from her memory—and it showed.

[member="Cora deWinter"], with eyes the color of fresh spring, spoke what she could not say. If only the dark-haired woman knew the horrors that were still echoing through this part of the verse. The Confederacy did their best to protect their people, to shield their worlds, but it was a group effort. They spread out their influence to ensure that something so cataclysmic never happened here. It was the reason that so many checks and balances existed. From Ministers to Viceroyals—there was a level of accountability.

[member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] stood just behind her, the Dominus Prime of their Obsidian Knights, their leader, and her personal guard for the day. The notion was laughable. Exarch was simply a title. It didn’t change the fact that she could well protect herself. It wasn’t his fault, however, that [member="Darth Metus"] could be overprotective. With that in mind, she would allow him to perform his duties. He was a loyal man, strong, and competent. She could have been saddled with much worse.

Grey eyes lingered on the throne rooms double doors. They were deadened, emotionless, and empty. They hid everything she could not express with reflective mirrors. [member="Chikako Liona"] arrived and greeted the group with a delicate wave. Srina nodded her head in return, polite, but silent. She was preoccupied with the task at hand. She was also distracted, slightly, by the morose man to her right.

Part of her sadness, her despair, echoed from the former Supreme Commander of the Alliance. He had been listless since the fall. She didn’t blame him, not in the slightest, but he couldn’t stop blaming himself. She could feel it through the Force Bond that resonated between them. He scarcely seemed to see her and barely spoke throughout the lengthy trip, much to her disappointment, trapped in his own head. More than once Aryn Teth had referred to himself as the Commander of Ashes and the young woman found herself loathing the self-deprecating title more and more as the days crawled forward.

The burden of running a nation, of caretaking others in such a vast galaxy, did not fall upon one man. Infact, the Alliance had born a triumvirate for that very reason. He could not be faulted for the corruption that lay within. No one had seen it. No one had known it. Her touch seemed to rouse Aryn from his darkness, as it often did, but Srina remained concerned.

He did not irritate her as he assumed. He worried her.

Haltingly, she let her hand fall away from him. His smile wounded her. It wasn’t a warm expression, not even close, and for someone that valued action over words it stung. “If you cannot be here you may return to our transport. I can handle it.”, she intoned quietly. Antoine, Cora, and Chikako may or may not have overhead—but it wasn’t a secret. Srina Talon would do what needed to be done. End of story.

The doors opened and Srina was greeted by the sight of [member="Amaya Cardei"]. It was not at all unwelcome, simply, a surprise. Amaya was one of the few of her Master's children that did not loathe her for some reason or another. The caramel-skinned beauty spoke with the grace of royal and the quiet Apprentice was uncertain if her less than practiced manners would hold the same flow. Srina was polite to a fault, however, direct. “Thank you.”, Srina murmured to Amaya, grateful, for her presence.

Her focus fell to the woman that they had all come to see. Seated on a throne that was far more modest than the one she had viewed while visiting the Ancient Eye was the golden-haired Queen of Naboo. Srina had never seen her before, aside from the Holo-Net, and thus could not judge her temperament. Her people seemed to love her, however, that was merely an observation. It was not empirical data that she could bring back to the Vicelord. “Majesty.”, she greeted softly, coming forward, as far as the guards would allow. Her swanlike neck inclined slowly, respectfully, but she did not fall into the same subservient bow she had seen previously.

It was something she simply did not do. “Thank you for receiving us.”, Srina paused, her voice carrying through the chamber easily, as if her words had wings, despite the fact that it was little more than a pin drop. She did not know how to begin. With overdone platitudes? No. “I must apologize ahead of time. I do not believe that my strengths lie in diplomatic ventures, however, the Confederacy disagrees.”

“We have begun sending down small complements from orbit to aid the settlement outside of Theed. Zaela Station will soon be at capacity, so, we will likely begin offering uninjured refugees an option of relocating to other worlds within our sphere. We have other transports waiting to deliver more supplies and manpower, however, they have not yet been deployed. We ensured that each droid that has made it planet-side is without weaponry to try and curb any assumptions or fear of our presence being an unwanted occupation. The rest of our movements await our proceedings.”

Direct and to the point. There was plenty more to say on what the CIS could offer, however, she was certain that this would be enough to give the Queen a better idea of their standing. More than anything the diminutive Exarch was exhausted. She would have given anything to sleep, for a week, but rest was not a possibility when the needs of the people required their focus. “At the present time, the Confederacy actively seeks nothing more than what you might, or might not, have already observed with the Alliance for simplicity’s sake. We do not like to infringe on the day-to-day operations of the worlds that in exist in the territory we gain. Our stance on neutrality is not always well received, however, our promises to the Galactic Alliance will continue to be upheld to the best of our ability. [member="Aryn Teth"] can vouch for the validity of our intentions both past and present.”

Another pause. Another breath. Gray eyes remained still, though flecks of light existed if one looked close enough. She was ghostly, however, not entirely as robotic as she seemed.

“At my side are some of the Viceroyalty that work within the Confederacy to ensure the fair treatment of their homes. We have all collectively agreed that Naboo is burdened enough without having to worry about red tape and new expectations. Your people, these refugees, at the end of the day, are actually our people. If you will have us, Majesty, we are here. You will have what is required. I am certain that we can find an agreement that suits Naboo once the dust has settled.”

rosecis.png

realnewbegin.png
Theed Palace | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"] | [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Antoine Rhys"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Cora deWinter"] \​
Azure eyes cast out towards the small ensemble that had filtered into the main hall of the palace. Most of those gathered she was unfamiliar with by face and name. In fact, all but Amaya and Aryn were fresh faces to the young queen. Out of fairness Jamie was only familiar with the former Alliance commander due to his position, rather than one of personal association. The man appeared deeply troubled, saddened, and bitterly defeated, understandably. The wounds of Coruscant and the fall of the Alliance was still at the forefront of every mind in the core. Naboo had been spared, but for how long? That question had nagged on her own mind for days following the news. It would seem however that the gentleman accompanying the Confederate Exarch and her dignitaries had found a new place in the galaxy, be it one of security, military, or advisor though the woman was unsure.

As Amaya orchestrated introductions Jamie’s eyes shifted from each individual, a small nod and a warm smile in recognition of their name and title. As Lady Cardei finished she was afforded a similar nod to those she had introduced. Srina wasted no time in approaching, though she would find that the guards made no effort to halt her approach. The Jedi alongside the blonde stood vigilantly and quietly alongside the throne. Jamie herself stood out of respect for her guests. She was hardly one for lingering through discussions of importance on a glorified chair while those before her stood. Those gathered would also find no offense taken in a lack of bowing. Naboo was still a democratic monarchy, despite certain calls for a return to the ages of inherited rule. The queen did not expect nor demand such formalities as bowing. Similarly the reason of the leveled throne to the floor symbolically represented her equality to those she ruled while simultaneously served.

Silently Jamie listened to Srina speak. For someone who declared an ill preference towards political discourse the woman spoke with clarity and confidence. Zaela was a large station, but when compared to the populace of the core, and notably that of Coruscant, it was a mere dwarf to a Titavian. There was no illusion that Naboo could front the bulk of the refugees now displaced across the galaxy. There simply was not enough space. House Pyne had been notable humanitarians even before the elected queen was born, but there was a point where continuing to increase the population count would instead be detrimental to the whole. Zaela was a piece of the answer, but others would need to be relocated elsewhere. That was where both the CIS and Naboo could combine efforts.

”The assurance of disarmament among those deploying is a welcoming gesture.” The easiest way to put the city on edge was the landing of forces armed to the teeth proclaiming peace. It put a bad taste in everyone’s mouth, in particular the monarchy. “We appreciate your forthcoming honesty. The tragedy enveloping the galaxy is a threat to us all. If we are to survive this coming darkness we must extend our hands beyond our borders, to accept that we cannot stand alone and achieve peace. Naboo has long been a neutral party on the galactic stage. We do intend to maintain that stance, however there are those that would seek to take advantage of that outlook.”

The Jedi in her had no delusion that Naboo could stand against a Sith invasion. Perhaps the government could negotiate peace with The First Order, but she had seen the wrath of both Ren and Sith. Combined Naboo would surely fall, and her people would suffer for it. Certain course of actions were ill-advised, and the ministers had agreed, as did Jamie, that brokering an agreement between the Naboo and the CIS was in the interests of all.

“My responsibilities lie with the people here, to those I serve. I am not blind to the idea that our defense force is simply incapable of securing a lasting peace should a reoccurrence of Coruscant happen here. The Naboo are proud, but we are not foolish. I do believe that we hold the same interests, however if we are to make an accord here it must be agreed upon that the Confederacy does not impose military occupation upon the people. In exchange the Naboo will permit limited presence in the form of formal facilities and strategic outposts for the sole purpose of protecting the systems therein. Our RSF will remain a separate entity, yet as we had with the Alliance, will openly communicate and work with the CIS in defense efforts. However I must stress the singular objection to this concord, and that is that Naboo will not support the invasion of another sovereign system in any circumstance, warranted or not. If that is amenable, then continued economic and trade relations may continue as they had within the Alliance: Equal and fair profits, tariffs, and inspections of goods both imported and exported.”

realnewbegin.png

Wearing: This
Tags: [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Aryn Teth"] [member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Cora deWinter"] [member="Amaya Cardei"] [member="Chikako Liona"]

Antoine remained silent as the trade of words began. The pale haired beauty to his side certainly knew how to talk, even if she believed herself not to. Still, presently, she was not the one who held the Corellian's interest. The Exarch had in fact offered nothing yet, beyond the bare essence. The woman who called herself the Queen of Naboo, however... It was one of those rare moments in which Antoine was glad he had been educated to deal with such instances, or he would have burst out laughing right there and then. And while Naboo had not held a personal interest for him in the past, but he had not arrived on the planet without doing his homework beforehand.

This Queen was, essentially, offering the CIS some trade, while accepting the full protection the Confederacy has to offer, and promising nothing in return. He knew that giving his opinion on the matter would do little to aid their stand. For the sake of the Confederacy, a unified front was to be kept, even in the face of verbal dhairrea.

As such, Antoine elected, for the time being, to say nothing, and kept his face neutral. Still, he could not help but wonder why they were dealing with the ruler representative of the humans on this planet, when three fourths of the population was in fact Gungan, and their ruler seemed to be so painfully absent from these halls.

realnewbegin.png
Objective: Negotiations (1)
Tags: [member="Antoine Rhys"] - [member="Jamie Pyne"] - [member="Srina Talon"] -

Chikako just stood by like a statue, almost perfect stance while the two women deliberated with one another, Srina seeming to be a little hesitant in the whole matter. It was a little strange considering how she was usually so forward and commanding, a woman who had lead battlefield attack front one, talking with other important people on many other occasions was nervous? Well it seemed like it, or at the lest the Exah doubted her use in diplomatic talks, once more a strange ideal considering her noble position and rank in the CIS. Perhaps it was more to do with what was at stake and the importance of this diplomatic mission, the lives of many rested upon Srina's hands at the moment along with the planet of Naboo.

Thing was Jamie had a reputation for being very reasonable, caring and easy to apporch, yes she seemed like a powerful person and was, but when it came to discussion the Queen was not like some totalitarian ruler. Still as the two started talking each woman seemed quite natural with one another, Srina laying out what they planned to do in helping Naboo and the many refugees that where flooding onto the world from the inner rim. Jamies offer was kind of minimal at the time, but who could blame her, Naboo did not have much in terms of recourse to give out, nor a standing military to send across the stars, not that they would ever do that. more so with their Jedi order, though not Dark Side, Chikako could see Naboo Jedi coming to odds with Metus and the Dominus of the OK, even more so with Tactius and his own force users.

Still what she did offer seemed small, for the moment having outpost on the planet for CIS personal would work, but as their border winded such would not be as important. She just hopped Jamie had planet and the ability to adept as the planet became a larger player in the Confederacy, after all it was not perfect, better then a lot of other governments, but not perfect.

Objective: BYOO - Repair N-9A Fighter

The girl couldn't help but laugh at the quip. It was true, Jamie couldn't pilot her way out of a garage without causing several thousand credits worth of damage. It was pitiful. Clearly the Force didn't help in everything. But if he was worse than her at politicking than she was at flying? Stars help him if he ever faced a judge for anything. If he married her sister she best keep him locked out of the throne room and council meetings or the whole planet might be doomed.

Turning partway towards the ship she gave the other pilot a nod.

"Yeah, last few flights I could tell something was up. Keeps sporadically losing thrust power. Not enough to be dangerous during tests, but obviously not something you want in a combat situation." Her astro droid beeped a few times as it rounded from the other side of the ship towards Kurt. "Just me and R7 here today. Looks like most everyone else is off with the refugee crisis, finding places for them and all. I figure now's a good time to get this sorted out before our next drill."

Judging by the amount of parts spread out beneath the fighter and the grease on her face it would seem Mariya had been at it for a bit now.

"I found a few burnt coils so far, replaced those. But I'm still trying to trace where the problem is coming from."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
Naboo Palace - Hangar
[member="Mariya Pyne"]

Kurt nodded quietly, ducking beneath the wing of the ship and stepping a bit closer to the engine to take a look.

In a funny way this was really one of the only two things he was really good at. It was why he had attended Kalinda University for it. The former Courier was hardly an expert, in fact he was sure most of Naboos royal engineers were twenty times as knowledgeable as him, but none of them had been urged by their girlfriends to bond with Mariya. Thus In Kurt's mind it was up to him to at least help find the problem, though he thought that outright fixing it himself might not be the right choice. He didn't want to show her up or anything.

”Check the fuel lines?” Kurt asked as he poked his head into the small engine compartment.

The coils had been replaced recently and everything else seemed mostly fine, rather suspicious given the problem that Mariya had described. He doubted there would be a clog in the lines, not when the engines ran fine some of the time, but there was a possibility of fuel not flowing quite correctly.

”Though.” He pulled his head free of the engine bay and glanced at Mariya. ”Could also be the injectors.”

Too much fuel could be just as bad as too little, especially when you were going at speed. ”The Messa used to dump too much of its fuel at one time, afterburner acting up.”

I am a son of the Mountain.
realnewbegin.png

Location: Theed, Royal Palace | Objective: Escort Srina Talon | Tags: [member="Srina Talon"] [member="Jamie Pyne"] [member="Antoine Rhys"] [member="Aryn Teth"] | Post: II

redbar.png

From beneath his helmet Cardinal watched as the door's to the throne room were opened for the Exarch's entourage. Cardinal remained at the rear of the group, as his presence was one of security and not advisory he would have no place in the discussion. He actively remembered that politics was and never would be his scene. Still, for his presence he was introduced by name. During this time the hooded man would offer a respectful incline of his head while his hands were clasped before him. Of course it was likely tradition to bow in the presence of a planet's monarch, but Cardinal had always seen the actions as being overly formal and to some degree, degrading.

Scanning the room, he muttered softly to himself. The near-silent command brought his HUD to life, placing a red hue over his line of sight. His scanners fell over the Queen and all the others in the room yet it was not a menacing act. As the talks began he needed something to keep his mind occupied and not fade into a state of incoherence.

Cardinal focused on the Nubian Queen as she spoke of her beliefs and expectations. She sounded like a woman who genuinely cared for her people and their well being. Admirable. In a galaxy that Is forever in a shift it was certainly a refreshing feeling.
redbar.png

Objective: 2 (A Place in This World) and 3 (BYOO)

Before Cassius could come up with a witty retort to Gianna’s remark on his tardiness, she had placed half of a cookie in his mouth. His eyes widened as his left eyebrow quirked up. As he chewed the mass-produced sweet treat, he thought about his training with the Bendu monks in comparison to Gianna’s. He’d gone from long, blistering-cold hikes in the mountains and constant remote training to… this.

Why couldn’t she have come find him sooner?

He finished the rest of the cookie and swallowed as he walked next to her, listening as she explained how this was a good opportunity to teach him healing. Cassius agreed – there were a lot of people here that needed healing, and it was one of the skills he hadn’t yet learned on Ando Prime. He could heal some of his own small bumps and bruises, but as for other people, he couldn’t do that just yet.

They came to the man with greying hair peeking out from under his hat, and introduced himself with a clarification that he was from a long line of those who shared his name. Family was important to Mr. Alovic, he could see that. His mind briefly wondered where the rest of his kin were when he addressed him.

“Cassius is fine, Mr. Alovic,” he smiled as he shook the man’s hand, trying to seem as cordial as possible. From what he knew about the healing arts, compassion was vital, and that meant making a connection to the patient.

The young Jedi took a light hold of the man’s arm, visually inspecting the cut. Gianna made her telepathic connection which Cassius welcomed, as it had not been the first time they shared thoughts. Closing his eyes, Cassius let the world around him fade away as the Force began to flow through him, like a rushing river current. Through this current, he connected to the man he was holding, and began to understand him on a deeper level. He was a kind old man on the surface, and that’s who he was deep down, as well. There was a dull, aching pain on his right arm, and Cassius could feel a small irritation in the same spot on his own arm, the empathy making their connection stronger.

“The scrape on his arm,” Cassius said to Gianna, “I can feel it. Barely past skin deep.” His right hand began to hover over the injury, the fingers splayed wide. “Should be an easy fix. I can’t tell if there are any infections, however…” Something flitted across the back of his mind. He had to catch himself to make sure he wasn’t being too technical or clinical. There was something else, something deeper… something not physical.

Suddenly, flashes of his own mother and father raced across his mind. Family.

Cassius’s brow clinched together. “Where’s the rest of his family?”

[member="Gianna Aegis"]

realnewbegin.png
Location: Naboo - Theed - Royal Palace [Outside Throne Room | [member="Jamie Pyne"]]
Standing Beside: [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Antoine Rhys"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Cora deWinter"] | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"]

There was a strange sense of peace on this planet. It emanated from the people, the city, and even within the throne room. It was most definitely a far cry from the gilded nearly blind deity-like worship she had experienced while interacting with the God-King of the Ancient Eye. Everything had been golden. Ostentatious. The throne sat so far above the people that the man who sat upon it literally had to descend steps to meet his flock. The Queen of Naboo was for all intents and purposes seated at eye level. The guards didn’t even seem concerned enough with her presence to keep a hand on their weapons. It was said that the Queen could protect herself.

Perhaps.

“It was the most logical course of action.”, Srina responded softly to the golden-haired woman. Her words were mechanical, though, not unfeeling. In this instance, it had simply made sense to disarm what could be perceived as a menace. No amicable resolution was ever willingly found when the native population felt threatened. A fully equipped droid army would ever truly be a welcome sight on Naboo.

From there the colorless woman remained silent. She listened to the words of the matriarch before her with a singular focus. The notion of peace was not foreign to her and yet there were times when she felt that it was so far out of reach that little worlds like this were the only places it could be found. On a grand scale, there was always some new war. Some new injustice or offense that a nation, entirely righteous in their own eyes, decided to turn into a crusade. It would never end.

When the young ruler before her finished speaking Srina did not respond immediately. She had hoped to save this portion of the debate for another time which was the reason she hadn’t engaged it in the first place. Why? Because the longer they waited, the more time they spent discussing in this room, the more the people displaced from the Core suffered. “If we had wished for a military occupation we would have simply brought an ocean of armed forces to sweep over your dominion like a force of nature. We did not. While other nations squabble and rip themselves to shreds—We grow. We innovate. We build. I know of no other way to express our intentions to you, Majesty, save for the disarming measures we have already taken.”

“The Confederacy does not take unnecessarily from its worlds. We do not pillage from our people and strip them of their resources. We would not circumvent Nabooian authority, save, in the direst of instances. We both protect and defend our member worlds in order to give them a chance to flourish, and create, versus taking away that which makes them what they are. We do not seek to create obedient organic drones without a singular original thought of their own. I’m sure we can all agree that we have enough droids at our disposal.”

Srina paused. She could feel that some of the Viceroyalty at her side were less than impressed with the terms that had thus far been expressed. It was a delicate situation because many worlds often chose to support the CIS out of their own free will. It was give and take. Regardless, it had never been their policy to demand from their people. Confederate systems, for the most part, governed themselves.

“With that in mind—your militaries are your own. We do not force any of our worlds to give up their manpower if it would mean weakening their position. Each planet that is capable is encouraged to have their own militia and laws due to the fact that all are fallible. If for some reason we fail none of our worlds should ever be unprotected.”, the snow-kissed woman trailed off, briefly, remembering Coruscant. It happened often. Anyone with a soul who had a front-row seat to the devastation would find sleep hard to come by. “Your requirements are acceptable, Highness. Many were previously anticipated by our offices during preparation if I may be truthful.”

Her eyes flickered. There really wasn’t much else to say. Their Ministers would figure out the best application of an outpost and any necessary trade negotiation. Still, something nagged at her, and she felt as if she would be remiss not to point out the obvious. While they would uphold the previous relationship Naboo had with the Alliance it was important to note that the two were not one in the same. Did the Queen and her council truly realize what they were replacing the Alliance with? True, toward the end, the methods of the GA had become brutal but it wasn’t the norm.

“I feel that I must be clear, before we begin, that we are not the Alliance. Our Vicelord is a Sith and our methods in regards to our enemies are rarely nonviolent. I cannot promise you that we will never strike first if the safety of our nation demands it. We cannot protect if we do not fight. If not Naboo, someone, must do it. Regardless, you may abstain from it. We would only hope that you would consider aiding in other avenues. One of them would be to select a delegate to join our Viceroyalty to speak for Naboo when needed. If can be you, or, someone else of your choosing.”

Srina stopped then. Nothing but the sound of her own voice had filled the hall for far too long. Her quiet grace lingered as awaited the final word from the Queen. In the end, the young woman only hoped that her honesty in the proceedings would hold weight. She wished for Naboo to enter with open eyes.

Despite expressing generosity, very little, would change the fact that the Confederacy itself was a well-oiled war machine. They had the technology, the resources, and would never raise morality over the lives of innocent people.

“May we begin deployment?”

rosecis.png

All Things With Love
Codex Judge
Location: Naboo | Outside of Theed (Relief Center/Refugee Settlements)
Objective: Mixing 2 (Helping Settlers) and 3 (BYOO)
Tag: [member="Cassius Droma"]

topbarsmallorange.png

Gianna entirely ignored any surprise Cassius might have shown at having a cookie stuffed in his face. Instead, she smiled up at him, her countenance that of a flower turning toward the sun. She had a way of making people feel like they were the center of the universe without trying. She led the young man through the crowd as easily as a fish swam through water. The emotions of those present, dark and light, rolled off her back because she needed it to. In order to properly take care of others, she needed to remain centered. How could she expect to guide Cassius properly if she couldn’t find her own balance?

They came upon their patient without much trouble. Pale pink lips curved upward when her Padawan introduced himself plainly. He was very similar to her in that regard. She always insisted that people call her by name over ‘Jedi Aegis’ or ‘Knight’ this or that. It was unnecessary. The flame-haired woman didn’t feel as if she were any better than anyone else to deserve such reverence. “Just hold still for us if you can. Thank you again for your patience…”, she murmured to the kindly elder gentleman.

She could feel Cassius allow her presence in his mind and she metaphysically beamed. It meant a lot to her, likely more than he knew, that he trusted her. She could feel man beside her start slipping under the waves of the Force and she focused quietly on supporting his focus. The slender woman at his side showed him, without words, how to navigate the ether enough to locate what he sought. It would be barely noticeable. Warmth, security.

Empathy was something that Gianna had never lacked. She had struggled with it at first, especially in her younger years, when she didn’t understand where it came from. Taking the emotions of others into her heart had been a mistake that had taken years to learn to avoid. She could see it, empathize, and understand—but she couldn’t allow herself to truly feel it. Cassius did as she had hoped and he would feel her satisfaction brush against his mind like a summer wind. ‘No infection. Not yet. There’s no heat around the edges of the wound.’

Then her student pushed further. Deeper. He saw past the physical injury and peered into a pain that was not caused by his escape from Coruscant. The question he asked would initially be met with silence. Gianna had wanted him to see, and yet, she did not. She felt crushingly protective of Cassius for no reason at all. He could handle himself, had taken care of himself all alone, long before they’d crossed paths. He didn’t need her to sugar coat things. ‘Aside from a few that may have been off-world when the Sith attacked his story is the same as many others. He believes he has none left. His wife, children, their children… The fall of Coruscant killed millions. Galactic City still burns. It is a graveyard for scavengers to pick clean.’

Gianna paused. She had not been present during the attack but she had seen the aftermath. Visions flashed before her eyes, no doubt, playing for Cassius in turn. Buildings had fallen on top of buildings while great wounds had been torn through the lower levels to increase instability. Warships had risen from the necropolis beneath it all like malignant tumors. Everything was on fire. Black. Coated in ash. Sithspawn had ravaged those unlucky enough to survive the carpet bombing.

‘Can you feel his guilt? He was at work when it happened. He tried to get back to them, but in the chaos, he couldn’t. Their homes were in the shadow of the Archives. A super star destroyer broke in half after being shot out of the sky and both pieces landed directly in that area. It wiped out the entire sector.’, she murmured carefully, the sweet tenor of her voice a whisper, an echo in the halls of her student's mind. She was honest, truthful, despite the details being incredibly painful. War was never beautiful. It was terrifying, ugly, and horrific. Yet, inevitable. Anywhere inequality existed or different schools of thought were applied there would always be war. Sometimes, all they could do was pick up the pieces left behind. ‘We begin with the first issue. One thing at a time. Seal his injury, Cassius. See it fully. It is a weak point, a broken area of hurt, which you can mend. Pour your compassion and the Force into that point. Banish the swirling red aura of pain and picture him whole.’

The gentle woman paused and let her left-hand move, coming to rest softly, against the back of Cassius’ hand that held on to their patient's arm. He would have her strength for this. If he had not done it before it was likely that he would need it.

‘We cannot bring his family back. But, when he is healed, we will give him the only gifts we can.’

Hope. Forgiveness. Just as they stitched his skin back together and made it new they could also mend his weary soul. It was a small measure, compared to all that he had lost, but it was a start.

topbarsmallorange.png

As they began, Cassius let himself become immersed in the Force, as if he were dipping into a warm bath or a bacta tank. All sound around him ceased, the only things his senses allowing in being the things in his mind. Gianna was right there with him – a warmth and comfort like a swaddling blanket. It was something he had never felt with anyone else before, despite the many other masters who had taught him before. Through this connection, he felt like he could step even deeper into the Force.

At first, they were somewhat clinical. Cassius found the wound, and Gianna informed him that there was no burning around the edge, which would indicate that there was no infection. The young Jedi took a mental note of that, as he knew he’d be able to feel the burning sensation, same as he could feel the man’s pain.

He reached further though, past the physical. That was when he had asked about Daniel’s family, and Gianna was silent for a spell. He could almost feel her step away, in a sense, as if trying to hide something from him. Before he could press her further, she revealed it all. Daniel had lost everything on Coruscant, just like so many others in this very room. Behind the layers of a kind, sweet old man, he could feel the stewing guilt, the anguish, the feeling of emptiness.

As Gianna’s mind showed him images of the attack, he remembered the holovids he had seen stretched all across the HoloNet. It had been horrific, to see what was supposed to be the crown jewel of the Core utterly crushed into rubble and dust. His breathing hitched, his resolve weakening ever so much. He steadied himself, and was reminded of how this was just like when he used his psychometry to read objects. The object could show him its history, but also impart emotions of the past user. He had to teach himself how to steel himself off from it. Feel it, but not let it control him.

Back to the task at hand – the little scrape. He visualized it up close, and his hand twitched somewhat as he encouraged the body’s natural processes to speed up and heal itself. In order to do that, though, he had to do what Gianna said. Her physical touch was almost more welcoming than the metaphysical. As much as his redheaded mentor had wanted to protect him from the true nature of the pain and hurt swirling inside of Daniel’s soul, it helped strengthen his compassion for the man. The red splotch in Cassius’s vision began to decrease and become replaced by a pale blue light. The skin rebuilt itself over the scrape, and within moments, it was as if it were never there. Cassius let out a small breath. He’d healed the injury.

He wasn’t done yet.

Without much hesitation, he went back to that dark, angry place in Daniel’s soul. On Coruscant, where the screams of the dying were deafening, and the smoke was so thick one could hardly breathe. The feeling of loss was nearly overwhelming, but it wasn’t something Cassius hadn’t felt before. His mind went back to the first woman he’d ever loved – or rather, the first woman he could have loved. He’d watched her disintegrate right before his eyes in a hail of laser fire. After that, he had been in a place very similar to where Daniel was right then. Yet, Cassius had gotten through it, with the hope and knowledge that he would survive and find new joys in life.

It was that hope and encouragement that he now pumped into the man, in an attempt to wash the pain away from Daniel’s being. Cassius drew strength from Gianna, who felt like an endless wellspring of love and compassion.

Finally, he opened his eyes and looked to Daniel. “How’s that arm feel, Mr. Alovic?” He released his hold on Daniel’s arm, but as his right hand dropped below the table, he felt the need to grab onto Gianna’s wrist. The healing had taken more of a toll on him than expected, and he didn’t want to end their connection just yet.

[member="Gianna Aegis"]

realnewbegin.png
Theed Palace | [member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"] | [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Antoine Rhys"] | [member="Chikako Liona"] | [member="Cora deWinter"] | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] \​
The flowered language the Exarch used in purporting the Confederacy's noble goals and interests of innovation and growth layered over the not quite subtle reminder of their military superiority and what could be was not lost on the young Queen of Naboo. The woman did however possess the wisdom to pass over the comments without address. It served none to linger on the subject of hostilities were it not warranted. Still, it needed to be understood that Naboo would not stand to become a military asset for the Confederacy's war effort. Judging solely by the sour expression of certain member's of the pale woman's entourage Jamie's words hadn't exactly been well received.​
It wasn't until the woman standing opposite to Jamie spoke of their Vicelord as being a Sith that her expression visibly shifted to a more consequential one. Though she and her fellow Nabooian Jedi were not galactic crusaders against the Sith like the New Jedi Order had been, if Srina's goal had been to unsettle the golden haired woman it was certainly an astounding success in that moment. Briefly her eyes shifted to her left and right, observing the body language of both Aeshly and Jartin. Though they remained reserved out of respect for the delegation Jamie was well enough familiar with each to know that they would have words with her at the conclusion of these proceedings.​
Jamie understood the importance of focusing on what was most critical, and in this case her people came first. Despite personal feelings shared by her fellow Jedi regarding the Sith, this was not a debate of creed. The woman subsided her backlash regarding the subject for the time, choosing to instead drive forward the conversation. "We do not expect the Confederacy, nor did we expect the Alliance to mirror our neutrality. While we hold this anti-war approach close to heart we are not blind to our minority in this regard. It is not the goal of this court to make demands that the Confederacy alter its approach with respect to war fronts that Naboo is not involved in. And while I cannot commit soldiers to your efforts, I am more than willing to provide whatever support we can in defense technology." It wasn't men, and it wasn't war droids, but she hoped it was compromise enough. "As for a delegate to join your Viceroyalty I am afraid I must decline myself, as I do not feel it would be appropriate. In my stead I will assign my sister, [member="Mariya Pyne"]. She is more than capable of speaking on my behalf in my absence."
A single nod then affirmed Srina's request to begin.​

Amaya cleared her throat and stepped forward looking to both the Queen and then the Exarch, "then let it be known that [member="Mariya Pyne"] is the chosen delegate for your behalf to the Confederacy, and if it pleases the Exarch she is to be given the titles and power that are given to Viceroyals within the Confederacy. I believe the Confederacy is able to accept the offer of defense technology from Naboo." The woman gave a look to the rest in attendance. "Let then all in this room bear witness to these accords, given by both the Queen of Naboo and Exarch Srina Talon of the Confederacy." An exchange had been concluded, and on this day she thought let the annals of history record that Naboo came into the fold willingly and through diplomatic means.

She knew what Srina meant in her tone and she knew the words of the Queen. Amaya was only grateful to have a retreat from this after it had all concluded, a look to both women the Queen and the Exarch before Amaya could safely exhale. The delegation brought from the Confederacy were now witnesses to the event, and with the two of them being so young, well. Maybe they could get past the titles and formalities but for now this would be enough.

[member="Srina Talon"] | [member="Jamie Pyne"]

Meanwhile.

Unbeknownst to the Queen. A gift would be placed within her chambers, how it got there and who placed it seemed to be a mystery.

A wooden box decorated in gold leaf designs to reflect Naboo and the Jedi, a small flip lock where inside cared for by a soft purple cushion and dyed spidersilk to match laid a lightsaber. It would be quite evident that the weapon of the Jedi had been crafted specifically for the Queen. A small card on the top would fall and on it an inscription, 'never give up, our day is not done - the light will shine once more.' It was signed, 'your friendly neighborhood sentinel.'

realnewbegin.png
Standing Beside: [member="Aryn Teth"] | [member="Antoine Rhys"] | [member="Chikako Liona"]| [member="Cora deWinter"] | [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"] | [member="Amaya Cardei"] | [member="Jamie Pyne"]

“War itself is not suitable for everyone, Majesty. We are not unaware. I only wished to make myself clear to avoid the possibility of a misunderstanding rising later on. We were honest with the Silver Jedi, the Galactic Alliance, and the Outer Rim Coalition when we made our overtures… I would prefer to continue that trend versus requiring forgiveness later.”

Once again, she found the beguiling tenor of [member="Amaya Cardei"] to be a pleasant reprieve. Her lips pressed into a pale, inexpressive smile, that the progeny of her Master would likely recognize from the small amounts of time they had spent near to one another. It was one of gratitude. Srina was reserved in a way that was almost unnerving, seemingly, incapable of articulating sentiment and passion on the same scale as those around her. What the Queen may have assumed was a deliberate reminder of militaristic superiority or an effort to unsettle her was far from the case. To the Exarch, it was a simple fact. Pieces of data that had been compiled for use. Information—that all parties should be privy to.

She had warned that diplomacy was not her strong suit. War was in her Echani blood and it always would be.

As Amaya graciously spoke the Exarch raised her right arm, slightly, and moved her hand over a song steel band that was wrapped fully around her wrist. Lights poured from the device, showing holographic screens, full of information, protocol, and most importantly orders for their troops. It had all been laid out explicitly prior to her entourage making landfall. Cargo ships would rain down from orbit with the appropriate entry codes, filled to the brim with droids, supplies, food, and pre-fabricated buildings. “We did manage to secure some of the funds from the Galactic Bank before the Sith Empire managed to drain the accounts entirely. Aryn Teth presented it to the Vicelord, upon our arrival to Monastery, for use in supporting the survivors.”

“We would wish to transfer the entirety of it to your control for redistribution. What would be the appropriate entity to direct it to?”

There were also simultaneous pings send out to the rest of the Confederate hierarchy. A brief notice that negotiation, for the moment, seemed stable and promising. It also gave their droid forces some direction, which, they simply loved taking orders. Most of them would probably fry their circuits with simulated joy over having something to do versus standing in idle standby.

“The rest is done. Support will arrive within the next two hours.”

Her arm fell and the holo-generated lights disappeared. All at once. As if it had never been. Silver eyes moved from the Queen, whom had held the majority of her focus, to the Jedi that remained at her side. She never knew what to make of Jedi. Her Master joked, frequently, that she had a weakness for them but Aryn Teth was hardly the man he once was. Even now he remained a ghost at her side. Present—but not truly there. Part of him seemed trapped on Coruscant. “Thank you all for your time and patience. I know that circumstances are far from ideal and that we all have duties to attend, however, I would like to meet [member="Mariya Pyne"] if possible, before we depart. ”

“If she is otherwise detained she can schedule a meeting with my offices at her convenience.”

It wouldn’t make sense to appoint someone the voice of a planet and then disappear entirely. There were a wealth of things that would suddenly be at her disposal, whether she realized it or not, and Srina didn’t intend on surprising her. Confederate vessels, technology, funds, droids, Knight Obsidian escorts, and most importantly getting to know her fellow Viceroyalty and the Ministers. Whether it was from dockets or personal encounters it was definitely something that should not be glossed over.

“Other than that—should the Confederacy be required we are merely a holo-call away. Access to our emergency channels will be transferred to yourself and your sister shortly.”

rosecis.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom