Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

}{ Lady Vyra Silara }{

LFLJIV1.png

DHN2iip.png

}{Official Name}{
Vyra Jade Silara

}{Pronunciation}{
(Veer-ah) or (Vear-ah)

}{Quote}{
"We fall so we can rise taller. We break so we can heal stronger. No one said progress would be easy."

}{Titles}{
Lady of Naboo
Queen of Elenthaeus and Cattamascar
Eternal Empress of Kalidan

}{Homeworld}{
Naboo

}{Occupation | Job | Profession}{

::Previously::
Senator, Government Representative

::Currently::
Eternal Empress of The Eternal Empire

::Libertatem Populi::
Vyra is a founding member and goodwill Ambassador for a small but powerful group of retired government officials known as 'The Libertatem Populi', a privately funded organization with a mission to leave behind the corruption of official government and truly focus on improving the lives of the people, especially in smaller, destitute communities. They also specialize in tracking down and upsetting the slave trade however they can, finding legitimate employment and homes for freed slaves with nowhere to go and providing them with proper health care and therapy.

}{Force Sensitivity}{
Unknown

}{Faction | Allegiance}{

Colonial Union

Wife of Kainan Wolfe

Qlegzhi.png

lDD1e2n.png

RE85Rk9.png

}{Species}{
Human

}{Age}{

}{Gender}{
Female

}{Height}{
5'5"

}{Weight}{
115 lbs

}{Eye Color}{
Cinnamon Brown

}{Hair Color}{
Warm Chestnut

}{Build}{
Slender, petite frame, lithe with subtle muscle tone, sharp shoulders and narrow torso.

TGmyqqa.png

}{Appearance and Temperament}{

[member=Vidalu Na'an] once commented that Vyra "had a face like spun glass and a temperament to match", beautiful but delicate. While she retains some of her former splendor, the rest of her has bloomed from the fragile flower it once was into something stronger, more durable. Gone are the soft, ample, sensual curves of the pampered nobility, lost to the toils and depraved conditions of slavery. Gone is the innocent roundness of her face, the flawless skin of hands that had never seen labor. Lean muscle lends faint definition to her limbs now, and light pink-white scars from her experiences are scattered across her pale flesh. Her chestnut tresses tumble down her back but lack the full bounce of youth, and are often left untouched and rarely styled in wild waves. Her face, a regal nose, full lips, wide brown eyes and high cheekbones more defined by time, sports very little of the bright, fashionable makeup she used to wear, opting instead for a darker, smokier version of a natural palette. There are numerous callouses etched into her palms and fingers from countless long hours of climbing, and the skin on the back of her hands is often dried and cracked from chalk use.

Although her empathetic spirit is still mostly intact, Vyra's meek, gentle, freely compassionate nature is no longer at the forefront of her personality, having retreated behind the iron walls she was forced to raise in order to survive on her own. Where she once offered trust openly and without question, she's learned to be more selective in those she puts her faith in, and her ever-hopeful, ever-optimistic outlook is now tempered with a grim kind of realism. Enslavement and abuse, while damaging her in other ways, has given her a fresh perspective on life. She never takes anything for granted anymore, appreciating every freedom, grateful for every breath, and tries to make the most of each moment. Freedom is sweet.

While still tactful as ever, she's more inclined to tell the world to screw off every once in a while, the sharpness of her silver tongue honed by the spark of power she unlocked inside while fighting for her life. Her willingness to always put everyone else above herself has shifted; after being everyone's proverbial doormat for many years, she's paying closer attention to her own happiness as opposed to bending over backwards to please the world, although not at the great expense of others. There's a bold, flinty confidence to her poise and a spirited bite to her attitude that highlights the natural piquancy of her personality. She moves, speaks, and stands with the authority of someone who's paid her dues and earned her wisdom, a trait that can sometimes be misinterpreted as superiority to those who don't know her, but she will fight tooth, word and nail for others when she believes there's been injustice and would never be intentionally cruel or patronizing to anyone, no matter which 'side' of the argument they were on. Vyra does struggle with remnants of post-traumatic stress disorder from her time in the Zygerrian Slave Pits and the events of her capture before, as well as some residual parts of Caoimhin's personality and habits from when their spirits shared her body, which the Vyridian brothers locked away in an inaccessible corner of her mind, though recent events have brought his Echo to the surface...

This is a sharper Vyra with a clearer sense of self, far more capable, liberated, self-reliant. Many of her frivolous trappings have fallen away. She wields diplomacy like a fine sword, battling oppression and corruption in all its forms with fire in her words, steel grace in her actions and the unyielding fortitude of someone who intimately knows what she's fighting against. She is by no means fearless or unshakable. Rather, she’s learned how to push through it.

R8SMamW.png

Before her ascension to Empress of the Eternal Empire, Vyra had traded most of her heavy, lavish gowns and elaborate ensembles of high politics for simpler, more modern outfits, favoring comfort and practicality over fashion. But once again in the public eye, the new monarch had reclaimed her more ornate fashion choices as would be required of her position, although she made a point to keep her dress-of-state as humble and militaristic as possible, in respect for the Eternal Empire's culture.

Now free from royal responsibilities and titles, Vyra has turned in her crown jewels and gowns for the tougher garments of the hard-working colonists she helps to guide, often seen in fitted cotton and leathers, rugged boots and waterproof jackets. She brought nothing with her from her life in the Eternal Empire save the sword her husband gave her.

Q3uV855.png

z3iZQfL.png

}{Strengths}{

Cool, Calm and Collected: Always the diplomat, Vyra’s cool composure under pressure rarely fails her, having honed her responses over time. This ability has served her well in many areas, although it was put to the test during her enslavement. Upon joining the ranks of the Eternal Empire, however, she's struggled to keep herself together as she once did.

Embrace Life: Life as a slave, no matter how briefly, alters one’s perception. After three years trapped underground in the Slave Pits of Zygerria with no real hope of freedom, Vyra’s come to see just how precious everything she’d taken for granted before truly is. The grass is greener, the sun brighter, the food tastier, the air sweeter. It has allowed her to live more in the moment, appreciate the smaller things and give more focus to the important ones.

Family Legacy: The melding of the Silara and Salicaire bloodlines, the fierce political powerhouse and the captivating, charismatic artist, has gifted Vyra with the perfect tools for her trade. Her personality retains the initial traits of her two families (as well as the more negative ones), blending them together into someone who, with plenty of guidance and practice, can accomplish most things she sets her mind to.

Vox Populi: She entered politics to be a true and dedicated voice for the people, but lost sight of her initial drive when the corruption of ‘real-world government’ drew her energy. Now, liberated from her twisted and tainted gilded cage, Vyra is once again focusing on the important things, lending her passion, knowledge and skills to fighting for the enslaved, the overlooked and the underappreciated who so desperately want their governments to hear them.

No Mountain High Enough: It took free-climbing her way out of a hundred-foot-deep muddy pit to earn her freedom from slavery and she developed a taste for the activity. Five years later, she still climbs every day, pushing herself past her limits, conquering many a mountain, and she’s become quite good at the ‘sport’. It also helps her cope with what she's been through.

Self-Reliant: Not to say Vyra never needs a helping hand (although she likes to pretend she doesn't), but she's become far more secure surviving alone than she used to be.

RjYBFpN.png

}{Weaknesses}{

Veneer: Although this particular problem has improved over the last seven years, the mask of performance and deception fostered by the distorted practices of high-political public life still sometimes falls into place for Vyra out of habit, though she’s able to tear it off quickly now that she’s fully aware of it.

Wary of Romance: She’s a tad gun-shy about engaging in serious romance, not just because she’s been used and abused too many times but because the kind of men she is initially drawn to are often toxic and dangerous, possessive and brash, and it’s never worked out well for her in the past.

Victim | Pawn | Damsel In Distress: Perhaps her greatest (and oldest) 'flaw' is not one she actively chooses or intends to engage in, but is instead the role the universe thrusts Vyra into time and time again no matter how she fights it. Kidnapped, imprisoned, used as bait, currency and leverage… It's a vicious, inescapable cycle, and although isolating herself and learning how to handle these situations alone has helped break it on occasion, she is eventually pulled back in and it starts all over again. She's managed to mostly avoid it after gaining her freedom, not just from slavery but from the possessive people of her past, but she knows it's only a matter of time before it begins again. At least this time, she'll be ready for it.

Superiority: To clarify, Vyra does not believe herself superior to others in any way. However, when fired up and on an impassioned roll she can occasionally come across as rather imperious, a known flaw of House Silara.

Combat Experience: Despite the adventurous, danger-filled life she’s led the past sixteen years, the ex-senator’s hand-to-hand could use some work. A LOT of work. A lifetime of relying on others to fill this role for her has left her at a severe disadvantage in combat. She’s a fair shot with a blaster but nothing special and she can throw a punch or two when pushed to it, but while she’s become fairly adept at evading, Vyra still has very little skill in battle.

PTSD: Used, abused, enslaved, tortured, witness to obscene amounts of trauma and excruciating pain of the soul, Vyra grapples with her demons daily. She’s made immense progress over the past four years, mentally and physically, and has learned to focus her emotions into something positive and progressive, but if she’s not careful she can slip back into the darkness.

Fear of Abandonment: Left behind by everyone she ever cared about, Vyra struggles with her simultaneous desires to be both needed and left alone. Fear of letting others in turns into fear of losing them, and so she keeps many friends but rarely holds them closely.

Independence: While her independent streak does empower her, it can also be a huge detriment in her ability to intimately connect with others outside of her work, misleading her to believe she doesn’t need anyone.

chwSPrh.png

Everything happens for a reason.

There is always hope.

Those were the mottos I lived by, the pegs I hung my hat on at the end of the day and the truths I leaned on when I was hurt or scared. They were my cornerstone through many misfortunes, the phrases I’d sing to others when they needed comfort, and though the galaxy thought me naïve I truly believed in their power. In a way I still do, despite everything I've been through. But my understanding of them has deepened, grown, as does everything with time and experience.

Everything truly does happen for a reason.

But hope is not always found, nor is it always there to find. Sometimes, you have to make your own.

There was a woman in The Pits on Zygerria, Cleo, now old and withered but born right there in the mud, a slave before she'd even left her mother's womb. I wasn't there but a week before I began to fall apart, waiting for someone to rescue me, but no matter how cruelly life ground her into the dirt with its heel, no matter what the Overseers put her through Cleo never wavered, never seemed to lose her strength of will or break under the constant mental and physical strain. She seemed…indestructible. I asked her how she did it, how she found hope despite having no future. I'll never forget her answer. So simple, so obvious, something I shouldn’t have forgotten when life was turned upside down but I couldn't see it under the waves of my own misery. "Find a reason bigger than yourself and make your own hope, child," she said quietly. "Know what you're fighting for. Put your faith there. Grab it and don't let it go, Vyra, no matter what. Don't let it go."

Something in my soul clicked into place. And I realized no one was coming for me. Not this time.

Cleo rescued my spirit. It was up to me to rescue the rest of me.

So, I found my reason. I made my own hope. And I fought for it.

The rumor from the Overseers was if you could climb out of the Slave Pit, you'd have your freedom. It took me three years, the death of my friend Omari and countless agonizing failures but as the rain came down and the sky flickered electric purple, I scaled the treacherous, impossible hundred foot pit Wall, something no one had managed before, and stood above ground breathing free air for the first time since my capture.

The Liberation of Zygerria was short, bloody and largely unsuccessful, ultimately leading to death for most of the slaves who rose up after me. I still carry that weight, still see their faces. Our revolt was brushed under the rug like the dirt we'd clawed our way out of and the galaxy was none the wiser. But for those left behind as well as those who escaped with me, it left behind a seed of hope, something for those in chains to nurture and those with freedom to fight for. If a small girl from Naboo could climb the impossible Wall and momentarily tip the scales, maybe someone else could. Maybe the future wasn't so dark. Maybe freedom was within their grasp.

It's been almost five years since that day. I was never formally given my freedom, but in my mind, I took it back when I made the climb. And every day when I wake, I make sure I earn the right to live a free woman.

Freedom is a right, not a privilege, and I'll fight for that right, YOUR right, until my dying breath no matter what form slavery takes or who it tries to crush under its heel. Jedi, Sith, Imperial, Republic, First Order, Alliance, Force or non-Force, civilian or royalty, old or young, darkside or lightside, injustice and enslavement do not differentiate and neither do I. Because when you peel away the faction layers, the colored uniforms, accents, political opinions and occupations, and throw what's left into a pit with no feasible escape? It won't matter where you're from or what you've believed before. You will want your freedom.

So I fight for freedom for all races and allegiances, for those that can't fight, those that can, those that won't and those that are too afraid to make their stand.

But I live for the chance, no matter how small, that I might one day see a galaxy free from all forms of slavery, mental and physical. I live for the chance that someday my efforts will see me free from my own demons. I live to spite the innumerable beings who sought to smother my voice and possess my body. It sounds impossible? Am I 'dreaming' too big? Are my desires too unrealistic?

They said that about The Wall, too.

And look how far I've come already.

Last edited:
iN1sw2D.png

j6nK7Tk.png

Xo1tWes.png

::Work In Progress::

BlxUay2.png

}{The Family}{
Roughly thirteen years ago, just days after the role of Senator of Naboo was thrust upon her following the horrific assassination of Naboo's previous representative, Vyra encountered a handful of individuals that would change the course of her future. The group, despite their resounding differences and the chaos that had brought them together, became the closest of friends, inseparable, bonded by their loyalty and love for one another driven by the many trials and tribulations they endured as a whole. Almost jokingly they called themselves 'The Family', but the label stuck with the people they encountered as they rose to infamy, traveling the galaxy and diving into one adventure after another. For six years they journeyed together, lived together, loved, laughed, cried, endured, bled and died together.

Eventually, it all shattered.

It's unclear exactly what finally drove The Family apart, although there are plenty of rumors to indulge, but after the initial splinter the remaining members parted ways and 'The Family' faded into myth. For Vyra's part, it's a bittersweet memory. Her love for her friends never wanes but the sheer amount of trauma they'd suffered together often outweighs the memories of their blissful times. Looking back is often just as painful as it is tenderly nostalgic. She hasn't seen or heard from any of them in many years.

}{Members}{

Vidalu Na'an | Gifted Jedi | Confidant: After rescuing Vyra with Raan Jade's help from the clutches of a crazed, possessed Aherk Formidonis, Na'an, or The Wanderer as she was known for a time, found herself pulled into The Family's gravity despite her independent nature. She was instrumental in keeping everyone safe during their many escapades, her heroic deeds and quick thinking saving The Family from demise time and time again. After striking up a tumultuous romance with Aherk Formidonis, which ended in tragedy and many, many scars, Na'an was the first of The Family to break away and forge a new path in solitude.

Raan Jade| Ex Husband | Jedi Protector: From their first meeting, Raan Jade and Vyra were drawn to each other. After serving as her personal bodyguard during the investigation into the death of Naboo's previous senator, the two began an epic romance that spanned almost the entirety of The Family's time together. They married a year into their relationship despite growing discord between them spurred on by outside forces that threatened to come between the lovers, and took up stewardship over the planet Fondor, where they lived after Vyra left the Senate. But Raan's possessive, unforgiving nature slowly drove Vyra away, and their love story ended in heartbreak after her kidnap by notorious Falleen crime lord Xaxan Zadicus. After a quick divorce, the Jedi abruptly left for Umgul and cut ties with the rest of The Family, where he still resides with their long-time friends, the Vyridian brothers. The two never spoke again.

Aherk Formidonis | Snark King | Crazy And Force-Formidable: Having met and crossed blades with Vidalu Na'an just days before The Family's first unification, a possessed Aherk kidnapped Vyra on Coruscant in an attempt to draw out the resistant Na'an and force her to face him once more. This was the moment all five founding members of The Family came together for the first time. Na'an defeated him in battle, and with time, patience and a lot of forgiving, Formidonis and the others became friends despite his actions. His romance with Vidalu Na'an was chaotic and tense, and eventually it lead to his finite downfall.

Dash Voss | Zabrak Wild Card | Loyal Friend: Seven feet and seven inches of power and unpredictability, Dash was often the comedic relief of the group despite his intimidating size and strength. He often came and went at his own whim, but left for good when his brother resurfaced. The Zabrak was always in the front line, taking the brunt of the attack and protecting his friends at all costs, and he was much loved by Vyra and the others for his unyielding bravery and rowdy nature.

Caoimhin Shan | Legacy of Old | Closest Friend: A later arrival to the group, Cao and Vyra quickly formed a close bond, one that would eventually become a literal one. Killed in battle, Cao's spirit (Force essence) found temporary refuge inside Vyra's mind and body, merging the senator and the Jedi into one complex being that called themselves 'Vao' while his friends worked to bring him back. For almost a year she was a willing vessel for her friend's soul, sharing his Force sensitivity and his skill as a Jedi. The two were never quite the same after the separation, but their bond can never be broken.

Eliana Shan | Caoimhin's Sister: A woman of great intellect and fierce battle prowess, Eliana and Vyra became fast friends during the time of Vao, when Vyra was bonded physically and mentally with Caoimhin Shan, and Vyra spent much of that time helping Eliana in her own nemesis battle against a violent, evil entity known as The Corruption. While Eliana rarely traveled with The Family, she was considered part of the group and lent her skills to their missions many a time. However, the continued rise of The Corruption threatening the galaxy was too important to her, and she left before The Family splintered, thinking she could handle the situation better alone. Vyra hasn't heard from her since.

An'dru Kierra-Solo | Jedi Scoundrel | Brother From Another: Another drifter in and out of The Family, An'dru's charm, wit, and skill in the Force came in handy during their exploits. He was always ready with a joke to lighten the mood, a true good friend to all of them, and his connections in lower places often gave them an edge when they needed one most. He left on a mission before The Family broke apart and never returned, and although they looked high and low for him, his whereabouts are still unknown.

steAZJb.png

Kyle Ajahn | Brief But Brilliant Sparks: The two met long ago during Vyra and Raan’s romance but were never given a chance to expand their friendship. However, their initial connection was strong enough to survive years of silence, and she thought fondly of him very often.

Adieumus Matango | Gifted: Perhaps one of her oldest connections to date, Vyra encountered the bright, powerful young Adi on her travels long ago and the two quickly found kindred spirits in the one another. Though their times together were short and far between, they kept consistent communication via holonet, through the good times and the dark, up until Vyra’s disappearance and three year brush with slavery, and she did not resume contact after her return.

The Corruption | Galactic Nemesis | Biological Evil: From origins unknown came the vibrant blue, liquid crystalline organism. It possessed an acute intelligence, moving logically, spreading across the galaxy mostly unchecked and 'absorbing' everything and everyone in its path. There's still very little known about the entity, and no one's been able to identify its weaknesses thus far.
It disappeared five years ago and no one has seen it since.

Atlantis and Andros Vyridian | Old Friends: Two very powerful Force users and gifted healers, the Vyridian brothers helped The Family on many occasions, and were even able to bring some of them back from the brink of death. They reside on Umgul with Raan Jade and the rest of their extended family, but Vyra's had no contact with them for years.

Xaxan Zadicus | Criminal Empire | Falleen Manipulator: A dark and twisted man, Xaxan’s dogged and unwanted romantic pursuit of Vyra turned her whole life upside down, resulting in the end of her marriage and her eventual enslavement. He kidnapped her from Fondor when she refused to come willingly, keeping her aboard his ship as his prisoner plaything for months. She suffered much abuse at his hands, eventually convincing him to let her go, but their interaction didn’t end there. Over the next few years the situation repeated itself, he’d make advances, she’d refuse him, he’d take her. In his own sick, perverse way he cared for her, and in the end when everyone else had left Vyra behind and she was in trouble, it was Xaxan who came to her rescue when her old nemesis Mark Yates captured and tortured her for information on Raan Jade. Forced to choose between two evils, Vyra willingly stayed with Xaxan for a year in exchange for her freedom from Yates. In that time, she came to realize his feelings were genuine, and though she couldn't love him, Vyra made an effort to be kinder to him. When the Falleen realized he’d never have her love completely willingly he set her free, promising not to bother her again.

Ronin and Mark Yates | Brothers But Opposites: Ronin Yates did everything he could to come between Raan Jade and Vyra, but in the end he lost the war for her heart. His brother, Mark, an evil man with a warped heart, a mind for science and a vendetta against Ronin often took Vyra and used her against him, tormenting both of them for his own gains.

Last edited:
YOU have profile envy?! You're the one with the gorgeous GIFs, gripping biography and killer signature, [member="Nico Minuro Ike"]! <3 I appreciate the kind words though, once I get her on her feet I'd be happy to thread. ^_^

Thank you!!! <3 I think I actually messaged you on an alt of mine way back when I joined Chaos, [member="Kurayami Bloodborn"], all 'Omg I remember you from JvS *squee*'. Nice to see familiar faces in new corners of the galaxy. <3 I'm sure I'll run into you IC now that Vyra's in the CIS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom