Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Revolving Fondor | GA Dominion of Fondor

Josephine watched the announcements and found herself slightly surprised as to how quickly things moved. It also hadn't escaped her notice that two of the guests had left so she wondered if there was any value in staying when things had already been decided. She wondered if this in part was the reason her grandmother never sought to go after Fondor. She was amazed at just how quickly Fondor sold themselves out to the Galactic Alliance, it wasn't as if Fondor needed the Galactic Alliance - rather it was the other way around.​
She could stay and watch whatever politics there were left to be played out, but in truth, Josephine had other things to tend to. Namely, getting back to Ravelin and tending to her office there. Her work on Denon would have to be done remotely, but she would certainly consider returning to Fondor at some point. When the appetizers were done, Fondor had sold itself to the Galactic Alliance. The young businesswoman saw no need to remain and aptly departed the Lodge.​

Isar Isar

"Oh? I didn't take you for a historical enthusiast, Marcus." Luca responded curiously as they exited the Lodge and headed towards the shuttle. "Personally I have never been much for history. It's already behind us and well... it's always better to look towards the future in my mind." A smile there as the doors slid open and Luca settled down inside.

"Then again, I suppose the Pontiff's cult has little use for history. They must be quite ingenious if they worship their own ship designs."

Or were completely off their rockers.

Curiously enough Luca hadn't spent much time on Fondor. It was a place filled with people who believed they were smarter than everyone around them and perhaps most distressingly?

They usually were.

"What other rare cults have you looked into?" Hopefully it was slightly more interesting than the 'Order of the Sith' or some nonsense like that. They were so... aggressively... boring. It made their dominance over the Darkside in this Galaxy even more frustrating. Like watching a vastly inferior specimen suck up all the oxygen in the room.

All you wanted to do was cut their throat and-

Well, it didn't matter really.

History was one of his favorite topics. Without knowing the past, how could you predict the future?

That thought caused his lips to twitch upward in the barest of smiles.

Marcus slowly turned toward Luca as he settled into the opposite seat.

“Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?”

The shuttle lifted off and sped up toward one of the many orbital dockyards.

Isar Isar

Luca had to aggressively suppress the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose or sigh theatrically. Of course it was the Sith. It was always the Sith and always would be the Sith, until his bones turned to ash, wouldn't they?

"I can't say that I have," He murmured neutrally. "Darth- that's the Sith honorific, isn't it?" The smile showed up in spite of the exhaustion he felt having to chat about that Muun. Weren't there more interesting historical figures out there? Yes, yes, there were. Even someone like Darth Vectivus was a bit more amusing than Plagueis.

"I don't think anyone has ever accused the Sith to be particularly wise however. They would presumably be more capable in their efforts to create a lasting organized nation, if they were."

Then again-

"Not that the 'wise Jedi Masters' have been any better at that. What incarnation of the Galactic Alliance are we in now. The third one? I am losing count at this point." All dryly and detached. In the world of finance there was little room for this sort of hobscotch. Of course, Luca knew better, but he didn't know Marcus that well yet.

Gideon Ract

G
d5vw0Zf.png

I guess I won't be retiring any time soon.
Do me a favor?
Just shoot me.

Silver Shield Group Silver Shield Group
Yeah, buddy. Just as Gideon had gotten his elevated blood pressure levels following the Hyperi-7 fiasco back to normal, Mr. Caldogne assigned him to Fondor. Another joint op with Silver Shield. What fun.​
Everyone had those days. You know, like, maybe the previous night's dinner wasn't agreeing with you, or maybe you stayed up just a little too late, got too little sleep. Or, you slept too much. Whatever! Gideon struggled to get out of his bunk, hit snooze a shameful four times, and dragged ass through the entire morning. However, there was one thing that could turn the day around. For one of those days, Gideon allowed himself the luxury of a cigarette.​
And, of course, he wasn't even allowed the solace found in taking deep drags of that sweet, sweet menthol ziggy.​
A rancid taste filled his mouth as GK's voice crackled from his helmet's earpiece, which was set aside. Gideon groaned and waited another minute until the contractor repeated himself. Swearing, he flicked the half-smoked butt away and put the helmet on.​
"Copy that. I'll be there in ten."​
Thirty minutes later, Gideon showed and approached with a purposeful stride. Had the arm-swing down pat, you know, the perfect range of motion that created the image of somebody with a full plate, but not so animated that he looked ridiculous.​
"Good afternoon," he said to the old man after coming to a halt next to GK-1319, "Is there a problem, sir?"​

Green eyes scanned the rooms around her looking for a Pirate that might fit the name Gidejeff Blakbar she should have asked for a better description. ohh dear. She turned to watch the drink she asked for to be poured it was a bluish green in color not an amber like she was use to, but it had a familiar look...what was it again.

It was nice to get a surprise in such a place, who new Fondor could have a delight to be found. She smiled as the drink was put in front of her. She placed her hands to either side of the glass looking down then up to the bartender, "Free drink if I can drink it all without touching the glass with my hands"

She smile, the bartender chuckled, "Glutton for punishment"

"You might say so. I consider it a challenge a...test of skill so to speak" She smiled broadly again a bit of a twinkle in her eyes as she was anticipating what she was going to attempt.

She could see he was considering it, "come on" she egged him on a bit, "it's one drink either I pay for it, or you pay for it on the house. Either way I'm going to drink it. Or wear it"

He shook his head and thought about it, as he contemplated what to do a few folks around them took notice of the conversation. It was a glass of about 3 ounces, no handles on the glass, smooth sided, and round...so.

"Go head, your on" If anything the whole thing would drum up a little business.

"Great" Rekha did a little shimmy dance, "Ok...here I go" A deep breath depending on what this taste like this could be difficult.

She leaned down opened her mouth clenched down hard on the rim, then the smell hit her...damn smelled like rotten bantha milk. She could feel her stomach jump. She didn't dare look up...oh a fool and their credits are soon parted.

She had to make sure she took a breath slowly she lifted the glass inching it to the edge of the bar, slowly she moved to her knees she had to maneuver the glass above her, tilt it open wide...in her mind it went smooth...how it looked something else. She dropped to the knee tilted the glass to get under it as it poured out, the crowd around her watched with intensity as the bartender looked over the bar at her.

Rekha too proud to give in opened her mouth the moment the liquid hit her lip and tongue her entire body convulsed, OH MY GODDESS her mind screemed THIS IS DISGUSTING. She thought her tongue had shrunk in an attempt to get away, but there was no denying her mouth was full of whatever this was SO GROSS. There were gritty bits in it.....I'M GONNA HURL I KNOW IT.

She could feel splashes of the liquid hit her forehead.

She willed herself to swallow all while the rest of her fought against it. It was an odd look of twitching, groaning, and erping sounds. But it was down she stood up her face all contorted as she waited to be sick. "WHAT THE FETH WAS THAT?"

The crowd was clapping the bartender laughing, "Fermented Bantha Milk, bet it didn't burn on the way down"

"It didn't but I'm not sure it's staying down"

A few claps to the shoulder and nods of thanks were welcomed. Rekha stood there her head resting on the bar, "Want another?"

She didn't look up,' Feth no"

But the voice...was unmistakable, Rekha jumped back drew her blaster all while getting her gaze on the man standing next to her.

"Mon Cher"

"Loup" She could have said it a number of ways but anyone near would step back...

"Whoa....truce...talk?"

"I'd rather shoot first"

"Take the talk Cher it's not as messy."

She looked around there were a few guards at the doors already and who knew where else.

"What no Ms. White this time, or henchmen to leave me dead....why should I talk?" She so wanted him dead would be easy right here right now. done over.

"I'd hate to see your blood on the floor tonight"

She looked again, there were more than the last look about she was outnumbered.

"Fine"

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways

Auteme's purpose among the small delegation aboard the shipyards was a touch different than the rest. While the members of the Committee on Defense were most concerned with Fondor's shipbuilding strength, Auteme was the assigned member of the Subcommittee on the Admission of New Members. It was a formality, of course, for the Guild of Starshipwrights to allow her aboard their magnificent shipyards. Tithe was already on the surface schmoozing with his newest corporate cronies; the deal had been sealed long ago.

It didn't help that she was feeling exhausted. Her appeals for appointment to a variety of roles had finally paid off -- at the cost of her sleep. Education reform, new member applications, and the trillions of combined documents for the committees of foreign affairs and intelligence... she was making headway by even being there, but the work was significant.

She wasn't listening. The Twi'lek guiding them seemed nice, but her attention was torn between the earpiece reviewing a few documents she hadn't gotten through the night before, and the terrible fight to keep her posture and composure. Doing her makeup to hide the eye-bags had been enough of a struggle.

Yet when they began to move again, she felt a low hum at the back of her mind. Not danger; instead, like eddies in the water, her senses were drawn someplace else. Dracken Pryce -- there was something different. She got closer. It was a light breeze, pushing and pulling that most luminous mist.

She ended up walking next to him.
"Senator Pryce, you're... something about you has changed," she said, staring at him for a few moments -- before the less tired part of her kicked in.

"I'm- I'm sorry. Jedi instincts, or- that was rude of me. You look well, though."

OCF_roundel.svg

Fondor_OBJ_II.jpg

P A C I F Y

GIJU SYSTEM

A flight of four blade-like starfighters cut through the darkness of the Giju system. Each pilot sat silently in their cockpit - as was the strict preference of their flight leader - and focused their attention on their long-range scopes. High-powered sensors throughout the agile and deadly heavy starfighters scanned the vast reaches of space around, attuned for even the slightest signal.

Hence, when an alert chimed on the flight leaders’ console that Revenant Seven detected a distress signal, the Umbaran pilot muttered a vile curse in his native tongue.

It did not do well to steal glory from Tren Chaar.

“Stand by,” Revenant Leader replied flatly as he adjusted his B-wing’s sensors toward the origin of the signal. There it was, a cargo hauler on approach to Fondor, alarmingly carrying a load of ordinance. While the owner would undoubtedly write the loss of as a rounding error or insurance claim, Chaar was more concerned with letting the weapons fall into the hands of the enemy, and potentially the Brotherhood of the Maw.

Chaar set an intercept vector with the hauler and diverted power to his engines. A second vessel appeared on scope, quickly closing with the hauler. If it was a rescue tow they would be lighting up the comms claiming exclusive salvage rights on the hauler. That meant they were dealing with pirates.

Another chance for Revenant to stencil a fresh kill silhouette on their fuselages.

“Seven, get ‘em on the comms,” Chaar ordered. No one would ever accuse him of being a negotiator. “Foils closed, but if they make a move, light ‘em up.” He almost hoped that the pirate made a move - after their brief respite, Revenant Squadron needed to stretch their combat legs and tighten their targeting. Destroying a nice, teched-out pirate ship would make a fine return to form.

5aFQSTt.gif

FONDOR - Orbital Shipyard Platforms
The Coaxium Must Flow - BYOO
Auteme Auteme

As the group moved on and the Twi'lek kept talking Pryce looked down at the one-time Jedi Knight and rubbed his chin.

"Is it the beard?" He asked, clearly joking and then patted his stomach, "This senate life has added a few pounds on me..." He shrugged and gave the youth a winning Corellian conspiratorial smirk. He'd been working on that one for years.

"And here is where a team of our workers and the finest droids work together to make sure that the elements and ores we utilize for both our designs and commissioned vessels are ready for use."

"But joking aside, thank you, senator. I am doing well. Though if this guide doesn't get through this tour faster I might shoot myself in the foot just to get back to Coruscant." He sighed. "You look well too by the way. I know the senate isn't the Jedi Order but you've done well for yourself I'd say."

Fondor_OBJ_II.jpg

[Revenant Squadron at your service]
[A-wing Supremacy]

"Three Flight. Ten. Report in and form up on me. I want cruise missiles on stand-by for an immediate lock... Weapons-hold. Remember your trigger discipline, you savages." The sounds of chuckles over the flight's comms began to wane as Revenant Squadron drew closer to the ongoing firefight, to the unseen perpetrator somewhere in the distance. Qellene's mad, enthusiastic grin bucked and collapsed into sets of nervous, gritted teeth. Her voice fell to a whisper, addressing herself when the pilot muttered, "Kothan Si..."

The prospect of a ferocious dogfight was losing its charm on the lieutenant. She was comfortable blaming that on nine years of... what? Fighting? Watching people die around her? Dreading the day she tasted the empty void surrounding her? "You're getting old, Q." Like a slap to the face, Qellene's sharp, sarcastic whisper sent ripples into the air around her, into the confines of the A-wing's cockpit. Splotches of uneased exhales fogged up the rim of her helmet's lenses.

Closer now. Qellene's targeting computer finally set its mechanical eyes on the heart of the Midnight Kyber. Her thumb rested an inch from the yoke's trigger as the pilot's face flushed in terrified excitement.

The interceptor's droid brain tapped a chime in Qellene's flight helmet. The pilot's narrowing sapphire eyes glanced to a panel on the dashboard, where a sharply drawn diagram of the pirates' lead frigate spun on a display. Beneath the revolving model, the AIs had found the Kyber's size, its relative armament, the strength of its shields. But they hadn't discovered its name. Its class. The vessel was a ghost. An angry, metal ghost.

She made no effort to verify the status of her comms before Qellene burst into a mad laughter.

It was sure lucky that Revenant Squadron specialized in exorcism.

Revenant Squadron: Leon Gallo Leon Gallo , Tren Chaar Tren Chaar

Pirate Meany: Cass Gemini Cass Gemini

Fondor_OBJ_II.jpg

"Ohh here she comes! Watch out boy she'll chew you up! Ohhh here she comes! She's a maneater!"

<Focus Kaul!>

Sighing Kaul flew his X-Wing to regroup with Revenant Squadron. He hasn't been on a mission for a long time being too busy helping Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris in her next race. Honestly, he'd rather be with his squadmate than in space trying to clear up bad guys. Just getting up and sitting in his cockpit was a drag. It was made worse with R4's bickering while Kaul began to lag behind the rest of squad. Unbeknownst to Tren Chaar Tren Chaar , Kaul was playing his radio before they made their engagements. Of course, it didn't sit well with R4 but Kaul was the one in control of his fighter.

"This is Renevant five," Kaul said with as much enthusiasm as a Gonk Droid. "I've S-Foils in attack position and I am engaging the enemy."

Kaul didn't even bother to mask the music playing in the background, he was sure Tren would chew him up after the battle. But for now, they got baddies to kill. The pilot unleashed a volley of blaster fire towards the pirates, it was time earn his pay.

Leon Gallo Leon Gallo , Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame , Cass Gemini Cass Gemini (Enemy)

GIJU - KOJULNA ARCHIPELAGO
HONAR - DISPOSAL SITE GAMMA

Thirty long minutes passed. GK-1319 felt every single one of those minutes. The herglics were as interested in hearing small-talk as he was in making it. Long, awkward silences occasionally punctured by an assurance that the director was on his way. When Gideon finally did arrive, GK-1319 did not feel relief - only a sinking feeling that this actually wasn't the end of it, only the beginning.​
"There is a problem, hauum," grunts the old herglic, sizing up Ract with a quick flick of his eyes, "I am Shar. Your Commerce Guild has bought our islands illegally. My pod and I want it back. And we want you gone. How will you make this right?"​
Shar folds his arms over his chest and waits expectantly. Behind him, the two younger herglics exchange wary glances. Whatever play Shar intends may not have been fully discussed beforehand.​

jqnKyh4g_o.png

header1.png

Objective: Disable cargo ship, steal stuff, Escape, profit
Tags: Leon Gallo Leon Gallo Qellene Tyliame Qellene Tyliame Kaul "Joker" Emos Kaul "Joker" Emos - Revenant Squadron

Objective II: Trade Barriers
Fondor_OBJ_II.jpg

The scanners on the Midnight Kyber came alive with new contacts as a fighter squadron appeared on the scopes. Cass handed control of the laser to Fingers and looked across, Galactic Alliance, damn. "Dex! Why am I seeing these, you jam their comms, you always jam their comms! How did they get a signal out."

"Sorry captain, they seem to be running a reciprocal distress beacon, when the safe signal stopped transmitting the alliance came to investigate." The digital tech was fuming that she had missed that, kark it! She would be lucky if she only lost a quarter of her cut, the filthy look from her captain convinced her it would likely be more.

Cass shook her head and reviewed the mission status, they were 35% done collecting the munitions, she grinned as she looked at her fixer weilding the high fidelity tractor beam like a surgeon, he saw things value like normal people see the colour, he would prioritise the most valuable cargo and even if they couldn't get much about 50%, he would ensure they got the best loot. She just needed to buy him some breathing room, she sensed Pix out there in her stealth fighter, the woman was smart, she would probably be shadowing the interlopers awaiting the command to engage. It would come soon enough as heavy laser cannon fire raked across her shields. "Dex! Good news please"

"I have you patched in to their comms, ready for your to broadcast in 30 seconds." she thoughtful for a moment and started humming something she could hear. "You are going to love this captain, but one of their pilots is listening to music while he flies, and the song might as well be about you. Putting it though on speaker."

...She's a maneater, make you buy cars
Make you cut cards, make you fall real hard in love...

Cass smiled and laughed, the cheek of it, but absolutely perfect, maybe she should drag the guy on board and meet him. She waved her hand and the music stopped, there was time to listen later, right now she had a message to send. She checked her appearance and adjusted her outfit.

The Screens on all of the fighters was interrupted by a broadcast from the Kyber.
MOSHED-2022-2-12-9-20-45.gif
"Welcome to the party, alliance pilots. I am Cass Gemini.

Those are some fine fighters you have out there, but I am busy, and this operation is delicate, I wouldn't want to drop anything now would I? She flipped he hand up and a crew manifest of the cargo ship quickly scrolled up the screen next to her, 146 names.

You see, all of these people are out there, desperately hoping to see their loved ones soon, and I can let that happen? I have no interest in ending their lives. But space combat is messy... isn't it? And a stray torpedo, oh well, no more happy reunions for the crew of that ship packed with high explosive.

So here is the deal, you let me do my job, I take, let's say 80% of the cargo, you keep 20% so you can still call it a victory? Sound fair? I will even throw in a kiss for the one of you with exceptional taste in music, if he or she fancies boarding me?

And just so you don't take my threat too lightly, let me give you an incentive to kark off! Here, enjoy these nasty little fighters of my own...

Pix.... deal with them."

On the command of her captain, the 4 Sciss fighters decloaked not far of ther starboard side and opened up with their missiles and cannons, attempting to light up the B-Wing. The Kyber was no easy target, but that heavy fighter packed a wallop and its ordinance could easily out a dent in the profitability of this venture.

Simultaneously two discord missiles left the fore of the frigate, and spiralled through space, detonating in thr flight path of the lead fighters. The alliance pilots had some important decisions to make.​

header2-by-zigor-adebisi-deo2cqn-fullview.png

Fondor_OBJ_I.jpg

Allies: Koda Fett Koda Fett
Enemies: Alliance Security
Target: Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix

There was big pay from this particular job, and it was going to be a tough nut to crack. The Kyuzo and the Mandalorian were contacted by an esteemed individual who held power in the Senate. Something about a list of senators being a prick to Corporatist Senators and their corporate friends. Amun didn’t give a damn about politics, only when there was money to be made from it. Apathetic as he was loyal to himself and the small circle of peers he could trust.

Going after Senators seemed extreme due to how much security there’d be to guarding those individuals of high interest. There was one advantage to all of this. The lack of Jedi to act as bodyguards. There was still animosity between the Senate and the Jedi, the Jedi still unwilling to cooperate with the government institutions of the Alliance.

Good.

It meant he didn’t have to break a sweat from a Force wizard.

“We have all the information we need from our client,” he spoke to the Mandalorian as the two were in a landspeeder just across from the Lodge. They had the room number of the Senator and what vehicle she was using, in case they needed to pursue her. Of course, they wouldn’t be going in with guns blazing; work smarter, not harder. A disguise matrix would help them blend in with the crowd and reach their target with ease.

“Enter through the front? Don’t want to cause anything suspicious to freak them out.”

Thrassk

The Relentless
The Trandoshan snarled. "Why bother? I could ssslay them all without a second thought." He poked the Mandalorian's chest. "Your weakness is not my own." He hefted the vibro-axe in his hand, making sure both got a glimpse. For a moment it was clear he weighed simply moving along and going through the motions as it were, but he let out a sigh once he saw the daggers the shell had been staring into him. "I will offer the both of you FIVE minutes, or until I become bored. Whichever comes faster, after that I will go through them like a vibro-sword through a Wookiee pelt."

Thrassk sat down on the cold hard steel ground, laying his axe over his lap as he did so. "Move fast, I hunger..." He hissed. All this for some fat politician, it was always either that or a Hutt and always with a third whose gaze disgusted the Trandoshan more than usual. Why couldn't every mammalian be like the Mandalorian? And hide their grotesqueness from the galaxy at large instead of flaunting it. Disgusting.

Roon Vindar Aryn Teth Aryn Teth

Fondor_OBJ_I.jpg

FONDOR
THE LODGE
ALLIES - Amun Amun
ENEMIES - Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo

Senate issues. Someone wished for one outcome, another ensured a different one came to be - mercenaries were the solution. His client wished to remain anonymous and made it so no details had crossed either himself or the Kyuzo, the bare minimum and bare essentials had been made known and it was all the two needed. Someone out there had not favoured the idealism of Tiresh Kobitana, and rather than win in the senate itself, had seen to another method. Or so he surmised, the intent mattered little in contrast to the reward.

Fett actived the matrix from within the closed-in craft, shielded by those on the outside as his frame had been coated. His Mandalorian armour and arms concealed within a few short moments, the form of a Duros had taken control instead - the reflective T-visor and worn armour had since turned into vibrant red orbs and dark azure skin in attire that suited the function. The Lodge was not for the those of a diminished status, after all.

He awaited as Amun's chosen form had done the same.

"Into the front first, we're normal men for now." His voice had been stolen by the matrix, and instead that of a Duros had come out instead.

He disemarked as another man, falsified credentials to match his new self. Fett waded forwards as Garan Vamma and soon entered the Lodge. Unbeknownst to those instead, two bounty hunters had been in attendance now.

Last edited:
Lujian-Military-Symbol.png

Tiresh sipped casually from her glass of wine as she sat near the rear of the venue, her eyes settling primarily upon Alban Roble Alban Roble , the new senator of Fondor and the established Director of Roble Manufacturing. Her expression was one of mild concentration as she mused upon the many complexities of the current situation. For one, the Alliance desperately needed the Shipwrights as trouble continued to bubble over Kuat. It was a victory to have Fondor join the fold, no one could argue that.

But Alban Roble Alban Roble would surely side with the Corporatists in the brewing civil war within the Senate. It was another vote that was being tallied against them. Perhaps, she mused, the senator might perceive the changing tides of power… and perhaps he could be brought into the fold of the Free Alliance Coalition and represent the Corporatist interests in a fashion that could be more palatable than the blaring overreach currently on display. But it was a long shot. Nevertheless, it was worth her effort.

As Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe arose and welcomed the new senator as well as painting a picture of the current state of affairs, she leaned further back in her chair and took a bigger sip of her wine. The Chancellor was surely enjoying this moment. It would be, on all accounts, considered a victory for his administration. And truthfully, she could not argue against it.

He leaned heavily into the lucrative markets and governmental contracts. It was surely the language that spoke to the heart of the Fondor Guild of Starshipwrights, but it still furrowed her brow slightly. She wished that the Chancellor could see past his own platform and personal interests, and begin to work with the other parties within the Senate. But instead, he had grown more inconsiderate and brazen as his power increased and his block was secured with little resistance. She hoped that he would soon be humbled by the rising tide that was coming against him.

She held her tongue, uninterested in addressing the entire gathering at this time. She would instead opt to happen across Alban Roble Alban Roble at the refreshments table at some point. She wanted to get a taste of what the Senators perspectives might be, and possibly, persuade him to be an element of progressive change instead of a proponent of the status quo.

Fondor_OBJ_I.jpg

Allies: Koda Fett Koda Fett
Enemies: Alliance Security
Target(s): Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo

Koda chose his disguise, and so did Amun. One that would match his height as he was six feet and two inches tall. One species that that matched his height were Neimodians; what better species to disguise in than one that dealt in corporate greed? None except Muuns. Like Koda, his gear and armament was veiled under the digitize matrix with a voice translator to translate Kyuzo into Galactic Basic.

Both the “Duros” and the “Neimodian” walked out from the landspeeder, looking well dressed as if they belonged to this cesspool of hypocrites and opportunists. Perhaps they were scum, but their work was surely more honest than that of a Senator. Ironic how that worked out.

They had entered through the receptionist hall, walking quickly through the crowd of wealthy businessmen and politicians to reach the nearest turbolift.

So far, so good; both Bounty Hunters heading for the floor where their target was.

"I think you're right," Marcus smiled, shrugging

"The history of the galaxy is just a constant spinning of the same events over and over and over again. Jedi wiping out the Sith. Sith wiping out the Jedi. Dark versus light." He threw up his hands.

"It does get boring after a while. If only there was a way to... break the cycle, right?"

Broad lips parted in another smile, as wide as the Maw.

"Oh looks like we're here."

The shuttle touched down and they exited onto Orbital Dockyard 32, where a robed, tattooed, and utterly hairless Fondorian stood waiting for them.
5ec4415f1fa8b95756a3edb4f10327e3.jpg

"Blessings of the stars upon you, Gentlemen. Shall we do business?"

Isar Isar

The cycle was, in fact, the key reason why someone like Luca Caldogne could move through polite society virtually undetected for this long a time.

How long ago did he arrive in the Tapani Sector? Long enough that he couldn't remember the date without some serious thinking. All that time in the background noise, while the Galaxy was at war in one dispute or the other. Men, women, children, dying, birthing, dying again. Was it a wonder that he could slide in and out of history like this?

"Mm, well, it's something worth considering. But I do not think such matters are within our grasp, Marcus." He murmurs lightly as he looked out of the pod's window. "Who are we if not but simple merchants and entrepreneurs trying to better our lives?"

A smile.

"An interesting philosophical hypothesis however. What would it take to seize up a galactic-wide machinery that empowers these grotesque movements throughout the centuries? Is there anything that can halt a beast that moves by its own momentum?"

The shuttle settled down and Luca shrugged. "If you find an answer, please do inform me." So that Luca could wipe out the idea before it took hold and became effective. He slid out the shuttle and put on his favorite smile for meeting a Fondorian. Thin, barely there, but just diplomatic enough it would be rude to comment on.

"I believe that is what we have come for, yes, Pontiff Alryx." He indicated towards Tritum. "You know Marcus Tritum already, I believe. He is quite an enterprising new and upcomer in Tapani and Alliance politics."

The Pontiff looked from Luca towards Marcus with a bright smile.

"Why, the Stars have truly been a blessing to allow us to welcome you both here." And he spun around, the dress of his office following along, as he gestured for them to follow him deeper into the shipyard facility. "You will find the 'yard to work at its most efficient during these moments." A conspiratorial gaze was shot over the Pontiff's shoulder to ensure both Luca and Marcus were paying attention.

"We are all praying for this transition of governance to succeed. Some believe things are moving too fast, too soon and under unsteady leadership, but perhaps with the Commerce Guild's assistance we will be able to say... steady... the ship, yes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom