Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Republic Remnant] Safe Harbor

Close to home?

"Oh," the boy remarked, politely following the flow of conversation and asking the only follow-up interrogative that came to mind. "And where is home for you?"

Perhaps she was from a world within the Alliance? Or nearby Atrisia?

He hoped as much. There were a lot of worlds in the galaxy, and his cartography wasn't great. The Alliance worlds were enough to keep up with!

[member="Jesse Organa"]​

Ever Dawnracer

E
"Maybe," she said sidelong to Priscilla.

Her thoughts were focused now on what her father was going to end up telling her later on. If this Chancellor was actually as ridiculous as had been described, and quite frankly he'd seemed rather out of sorts just coming to a potential new member world, then Priscilla was right. Something would have to be done. But not immediately. Not here and now. That was something for the politicians to iron out down the line when they didn't have to worry about the immediate ramifications of a member world pointing out that the current leadership was ineffectual. A vote of no confidence needed to be carefully weighed and warranted before it was called for. She just didn't see it happening right then.

The Pantoran she'd noticed earlier approached carrying a box of what appeared to be sweets. Ever blinked when she said she was supposed to report to her.

"You're supposed to report to me? Who told you that?"

She looked around for the guilty party. The only people that were supposed to report to her were her Rangers. If this was some kind of joke that one of them was trying to pull she'd box their ears later. But she did see the box of sweets and, unlike the Chiss, she was not lactose intolerant. And it was supposed to be a good day. One with celebration and with an atmosphere of enjoyment. They might as well enjoy themselves a bit, right? She did have a sweet tooth, too.

"Well, either way, I'm Ever, I'm not lactose intolerant, and would like to know what you have."

[member="Natsuki Xao"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Kolab Shansaash"]

[member="Shoma Ike"]

"I am originally from Alderaan.. new alderaan... something. Honestly things change and people forget history or everything that can go into it. Words become wind and enough people have made empty promises, empty threats that it never seems to have any meaning." She said it and was looking at all of the others who were there. Everything that they had going was an important part of this now, she could see soldiers and mandalorians.. there was remnants of the dominion who she recalled were just sith and jedi mercs and others who didn't want to do much in a command structure. Some had gone to the old republic and just wanted to launch an army of light again like others... short lived and she shrugged internally to Shoma. "This is a strange group of people to gather together."

Kolbacca

K
Still in his ship watching over the area to make sure no attacks would be taken against the chancellor in his meditation chamber in a deep meditation he sat " Sir a couple people seem to be getting closer " spoke a protocol droid " Its fine I sense no dark presence here " still sitting once again entering a deep state of meditation.

@Merell Vaun | [member="Ever Dawnracer"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Priscilla Utorna"]

Jaster looked at the [member="Mereel Vaun"] up and down, the only Mandalorians out there were Outlaws and Criminals. The only real Clan out there was rumored to be a Syndicate or Crime Family. He did some dealing with the unlikely out there in the newly colonized Unknown Region. With the Iron Empire breaking apart and Crime skyrocketing again, most of his salvaged goods from them. While he was in the Fringe Territories, exploring those hyperlanes, now that was fun. The Warrior seemed to want to have that side of the family distanced, he decided to grant that wish.

While he offered a chuckle about the Alderaanian joke, it was if I'll taste. What they lacked in military strength they had in leadership, a close friend was their queen after all and she was a very intelligent women and not to be underestimated. "It would seem my knowlage of the Clans really are limited, never the less it's wonderful to see a visor that isn't a family member, these soldiers are green, an Adiik could beat most of them, I'm truely unsure if this Republic could defends itself."

[member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Natsuki Xao"]

"Ah, I've heard of Alderaan," the boy remarked.

It was hard not to. It was the capital of the Free Worlds Coalition. Another government that the boy kept an eye on as a member of the Alliance government.

"Democracy has a way of bringing all people together," the young prince opined, in regard to the observation that it was a rather motley assortment of people who had come to participate in the Republic Remnant. "And, as you say, actions speak louder than words. So their being here says more than words alone can convey."

[member="Jesse Organa"]​

She was looking at Shoma and listening to some of the others as they were speaking. She was uncertain about the mandalorians but she could work with that for now. She could work on a few other things though for all of them. "I try. Besides who know we might have a chance to rebuild something... maybe, seems every government within the galaxy is going through things and nothing might be lasting forever." She knew the shelf life some seemed to have and this far out well, they needed something that could survive. Compared to many of the other things, she didn't want the republic to last for a few decades, she wanted it to, she would prefer it to last for centuries, thousands upon thousands of years even.

Instead of bowing his head this time, Tugoro simply nodded to the Mandalorian, taking the data chip with a brief smile upon his face. Frivolous use of the force was always condemned in the Jedi temple back on Tython, though the blind game of hide-and-go-seek force-users played by Mereel did show he had potential. Tucking the chip into one of his jacket pockets, Tugoro simply shrugged to [member="Kian Karr"], unsure of what to say. The Kel Dor's second question yielded a much faster response from the man, however.

"For sure, if we can find the ship he boarded," Tugoro spoke, having not actually seen which vessel the Wookiee had arrived in. Regardless, the presence of [member="Kolbacca"] was nearby, and so Tugoro began to make his way towards him.

Kashyyyk... Looking back on his childhood, he wondered what would have happened had he returned. Who would he be today, and where? As he continued to think, more memories came back to him, Kian's next question almost causing his step to falter. Tugoro kept walking, his mouth growing dry, his skin a bit paler than before. "No," he began, gaze straightforward as he walked. "My last major engagement was Geonosis, actually." He wasn't going to elaborate, or continue that topic of conversation of his own free will.

"Are you still in touch with the Jedi Academy network? Surely you have something planned for the Jedi, on this planet."

Kolbacca

K
Still, in his ship, he stopped his meditation to quickly spar with some robots programmed with the dueling abilities of his father not his birth father but his master who had died sadly in a sith attack you could hear the roars of the Wookie hearing electric staffs clashing and making buzzing noises.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Tugoro Taidarious"]

Mereel was thankful that the man hadn't been offended by his distasteful joke. But he was even more thankful that the fellow Mandalorian hadn't further pressed him for information about his clan.

He eased up a little, and decided that he could probably put an ounce of trust in the Mandalorian. They were both at a Republic gathering after all.

"I normally don't plan things ahead very well, but thinking back to the Republic always reminds me of the vencuyot."

Mereel looked at the flask in his hand for a second. Sometimes drinking from the thing disgusted him, sometimes he needed it to even fall asleep during the night. "And you're right by the way. I reckon some children living in the Mandalorian Empire have more experience fighting than some of the soldiers here, but this Republic is still in its infancy. If this meeting passes by without an orbital bombardment blasting us all to high haran, there'll be time for the Remnant to train and consolidate itself."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Mando'a: vencuyot = future, haran= hell

Kian listened to Tugoro and sensed there was something more to the story, but since his friend did not wish to speak of it, Kian allowed it to fade from the conversation without another thought. Kian led Tugoro toward the direction the Wookie Jedi had gone.

"I believe he went this way," Kian said cutting through the crowd.

Geonosis....Kian had been at Geonosis. He'd been leading a force of droids and soliders and had executed an ambush on the One Sith forces, but the battle had not gone in his favor. Kian hadn't know that Tugoro was there as well.

"Briefly," Kian said in response to the Jedi Academy Network, "the Gnost Dural is all we currently have." Kian said referencing the mobile base of the Jedi Shadows.

"But I plan on asking for permission to build an enclave here on Nadiem." Kian said. "It seems like a quiet enough place to start training students again."

"They would certainly benefit from having an instructor such as you around on occasion." Kian said smiling and trying to recruit his friend. Once the Nadiem Enclave was established there would be a need for experienced Jedi to pass on their knowledge. Kian was about to say more when he heard the roars of a Wookie coming from a nearby ship.

"Well looks like we've found our Wookie Jedi." Kian said approaching the vessel. Stretching out with the force, Kian made his presence outside the ship known and sent, through the force, his interest in meeting with the Wookie.

Tugoro Taidarious | [member="Kolbacca"]​

Kolbacca

K
Still, in training with a droid, he quickly stopped feeling the Jedi outside he put his energy weapon down and walked to the entrance of the ship exiting seeing the two men " Is there something I can do for you gentlemen " the Wookie's voice changer spoke his words in the native language of whoever listened in a light and outgoing robotic sounding voice.

Stepping further down the extended pad making loud bangs as the 10,3 Wookie walked down the metal.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Tugoro Taidarious"]

"In which case, you've intrigued me which shows your business has at least some merit." Turning her head now to look at [member="Natsuki Xao"], still appearing to be rather uninterested. It seemed like her facial expression simply never changed rather than she was genuinely uninterested. "Although I must go make sure that the Chancellor is coping well in the public eye. Till next time, I suppose."

Priscilla's hand waved before her body turned entirely forward facing and now making way to the meeting point, taking out some sort of wallet from a strangely placed part of her bodysuit and flashing it to the guard, nodding and entering. For perhaps the first time in a while she grinned as she entered the chamber upon noticing the Senators and Chancellor discussing with [member="Ever Dawnracer"]'s father, being as silent as ever and taking place at the door, her former smile returning to its natural position of disappointment and appearing as unintrigued as she did outside.

Having landed his ship not too far away from the village, he started making the slow walk towards the village that apparently this rumored meeting was taking place. He had used the information gathered on Bestine to look at current galactic events. In the end when it came to the big players in the galaxy, he found himself usually ideologically opposed to them. The enclave in which Belizarius served claimed to stick to the teachings of the Old Order back during the days of the Republic.

He didn't believe that as a Jedi his duty was to serve the Republic but he did believe that people trying to bring about a democratic government were ultimately a cause that he could find himself getting behind. He was no awesome fighter but he was resourceful and if there would be fewer Jedi at his age who had spent so much time interacting with people in the outer rim. Ultimately what he was looking to get out of this interaction is some sense of purpose in all that's happened in the last year and for him to find a more constructive way to use his talents.

The reception that Belizarius received from the guards as... different to his Mandalorian friend

"HI, I heard rumors of a meeting of Republican officials and I sort of came to see what I can d...."

the guard was quick to interrupt him "Please walk away civilian"

He knew that tone, in his blue short robe... he realized that he probably looked like some curious local "No, I am a Jedi Knight.... um, see here" he detached his lightsaber from the belt clip to show the guard which seemed to instantly get his attention. This was not exactly something that he was used to doing but for the most part the locals Belizarius normally interacted with didn't exactly see Jedi's on a day to day basis. If these ones are like that Monica from JAN then they were probably expecting somebody far fancier dressed then himself.

As he was let through he was quick to take in the interesting company that seemed to surround the area, it was then that he sensed a strong force presence coming from a nearby Kel Dor. At first he was somewhat reluctant to approach this man since to be honest.... Belizarius didn't exactly have much experience with Jedi from outside his own remote enclave but then he had to remind himself that he was meant to be a Jedi Knight.

"Hello, I am looking for a representative of the Republic to speak with" His voice in a way betrayed that his confidence in these situations wasn't all that great, but if he wanted to finally start doing any real good in this galaxy then this could be the opportunity that he was waiting for.

[member="Kian Karr"] / [member="Mereel Vaun"]

Tugoro knew how tall Wookieees usually were, but Kolbacca really did take the cake. Regarding him with a brief bow of his head, the man paused, glancing to [member="Kian Karr"] as their fellow Jedi approached. He was tempted to greet the Wookiee in Shryiiwook, but concluded that he did not fancy making a fool of himself.

"Greetings, friend," Tugoro began, turning his attention back to Kolbacca. "I am Tugoro Taidarious, and this is Kian Karr," he spoke, introducing himself and his friend to the towering Wookiee.

It seemed Kian did have plans for the Jedi here, and so Tugoro decided he would help the Kel Dor bring other Jedi on board. He had seen Kolbacca's interaction with the military personnel, and it didn't seem as if the Wookiee had been pleased. "My friend here seeks to gather willing Jedi, no doubt for a new temple or enclave in the making," the man paused, knowing he had already been dragged into it. He wouldn't mind leading a few classes, or something along those lines.

"I saw your run in with one of the Chancellor's guard. What do you think of this remnant's policy on Jedi and the military?" Tugoro was interested to hear [member="Kolbacca"]'s opinion, as Kashyyyk itself had been largely occupied by the Silver Jedi Order, who were also very militaristic in their use of Jedi.

Kolbacca

K
Now off his extending platform, he listened to the man speak looking at him " Well I think Jedi is the best option for protecting highly important matters but they seem to doubt my intentions so if they don't need my help I planned to just sit on my ship incase sith are to show up and i'm needed "

The Wookie looked in doubt they could feel his feelings were troubled " I do not think Jedi should be used as weapons unless against other force users such as Sith or Knights of Ren I think our purpose is to teach and protect to strengthen our new generations so they cannot be taken over by evil like the past "

[member="Tugoro Taidarious"] | [member="Kian Karr"] |

Mereel raised an eyebrow at the man who had just approached the table. He sealed the cap of his flask and clipped it back to his belt while he put on his helmet with his other hand.

He sealed his helmet to his body glove and activated the helmet's external speaker, "Tough. The closest thing to a representative I've seen all day is a woman who leads a squadron of stick-wielding soldiers. I think they're actually blasters but it remains to be seen."

He pointed a finger at his new Mandalorian acquaintance sitting next to him, "This guy has seen an actual senator though."

[member="Belizarius Krusi"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Belizarius wasn't sure what to make of the Mandalorian in front of him, he felt a force presence but this was a Mandalorian. Sure they might of had a decent amount of force sensitives but in many aspects Mandalorian culture was pretty incompatible with Jedi teachings for the most part. Though to be honest that would really depend on what faction and clan this guy belong too. Not to mention two Mandalorians were not exactly what he was expecting to see.

Though he was also slightly taken aback by the stranger being so fast to put their helmet back on but I guess it pays to be prepared in these sorts of places. "Well seems like I am in the right location if not exactly the right place at least" after looking back around, he turns back to the them "What brings two Mandalorians here?" their culture did extremely fascinate him though. Mostly of his readings of the Mandalorian War that he read on Bestine quite recently.

[member="Mereel Vaun"][member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Kian watched as the, rather large, Wookie came down the ramp. He could also feel the force presence of another approaching ([member="Belizarius Krusi"]) as well as still feel the familiar presence of the Mando ([member="Mereel Vaun"]) they had met earlier. Kian smiled beneath his mask. Their numbers were certainly swelling. This only solidified Kian's belief that it would be wise to establish an enclave as soon as possible. The Jedi of the Republic would form once more.

"I can agree with your assessment," Kian said to the Wookie standing before him. "But with the new formation of the Republic Remnant, Jedi no longer hold any official position." Kian said, understanding that some might find this beneficial and others disadvantageous. Kian could see it as having both good and bad qualities, but personally felt it was for the best.

"But I am certainly glad to meet you," Kian said bowing toward the Wookie Jedi, "We will need Jedi with your spirit in the rebuilding of our Order."

"We will need to rebuild much of what was lost....starting with an enclave." Kian said and looked around. "I can think of no better place than this."

"I will request aid from the Republic Remnant in establishing just such a place here," Kian said closing his eyes and feeling the energy of the planet, "While they are under no obligation to aid us, I suspect the Republic will still aid us in this endeavor. I also suspect they will like that we are suggesting building the new enclave is a place removed from the government." Kian said, certain that the Republic Remnant capital would not be here.

[member="Tugoro Taidarious"] | [member="Kolbacca"]​

Kolbacca

K
Looking at the man listening to him speak he would wait for him to finish before replying " It would be a good idea to create one and this planet is one known to me it will serve the purpose perfectly " walking back over to his ship he pushed a few button on the pad near the door causing the extending door to shut " If you would not mind I would love to help you on this endeavor while I am only a knight that is because my choice as I fear I am not wise enough to become a master but I still have alot of knowledge in the force and would love to help create a place for Jedi to thrive again ".

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Tugoro Taidarious"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom