Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Republic Remnant] Safe Harbor

The young Atrisian glanced up as he heard a voice.

There was a woman with very dark hair who had spoken just a moment ago. Glancing back at the shopkeep that he'd just been conversing with, the prince politely bowed as he backed away from further discourse. After he had, the boy straightened up and made his way toward the stranger.

"Suimemasen," the boy began, using the Atrisian phrase for 'pardon me' as he decided to strike up a conversation. "I thought I heard you mention... Church of the Force?"

He knew what the Force was... somewhat, anyway.

...but a church? Not so much, no.

In any event, it was rather provocative name. So he was, of course, curious about it.

[member="Jesse Organa"]​

[member="Shoma Ike"]

SHe was listening to all of the others and generally off to the side away from their notice. Allowing the force to be there and well she wasn't like the jedi, she didn't announce herself before someone approached. A small boy but Jesse stood as tall as she could and bowed her head. "Yes, the church of the force. We're old from the fall of the first republic when believing in the jedi and the lightside of the force at a time when it was dangerous. They operated under the guise of the galaxy needing the jedi to bring balance to the force and the galaxy and we a few of us have kept that tradition alive." She gave a nod of her head though looking at some of the others who were here. "These ones are strange."

[SIZE=11pt]If there was any place on the shuttle that Natsuki favored it was the freezer. The Pantoren inhaled soaking in the frigid air. Tubs of beebleberry and denta bean ice cream were stacked and packed in the walk-in leaving no space wasted. Upon mid reach of placing the last of the batch, she heard the staticy voice over the intercom that they would be landing in Nadiem soon. Excitement overtook her as she attempted to quickly finish the job. The journey had been dreadfully long, and Natsuki was very eager to explore any new planet she came across. Not only that, but this was her first time doing anything outside of her family’s sweet shop back on Pantora. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Ah! Finall…...whooooaa!!” [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The current tower of cold treats almost toppled. Luckily just in time she used both her hands to balance it back into place, though one of them did slide from the top bopping her on the noggin. “Yow!” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Fortunately, the ice cream inside was frozen enough that it didn’t end up spilling all over the floor. A sigh of relief escaped her lips and she finished her task, picking up the carton that had fallen. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]“You my delicious treat are coming with me now,”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she said. That’ right this Pantoran was talking to inanimate objects. What else would she do on the long trip? With that she placed it in a travel size cooler that was filled with other various pastries. On the lid of it was the words ‘Xao Sweet Treats’ engraved and painted in gold. Shutting it close, she hoisted the tote-like straps of the cooler over her shoulder and made her way to exit the ship once it had landed. Her personal new mission? Actually she wasn’t sure of that yet, but either way she looked around for any one to perhaps point her in a direction. [/SIZE]

Kolab Shansaash

K
[SIZE=12pt]After the mention of the ‘Church of the Force’ by the woman it seemed to be a lucky break that their conversational bubble spread to include someone who sounded better prepared to respond to such a subject. When it came to religious conversations Kolab always found the best strategy was to advance in the other direction as fast as his feet could carry him. Such a tactic was difficult to master without appearing to actually be aborting the conversation purposefully. It was always a gamble to pull off this maneuver, that was for certain. Taking in a long, steadying lungful of air the Barabel prepared himself and...shuffled his feet backwards rapidly before stopping abruptly. Then shuffled them again, even faster this time only to stop after traveling a half dozen feet or so. Those reptilian eyes never left the pair that was Jesse Organa and Shoma however, even as he nodded and grunted in the attempt to appear to still be listening. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now this was the most difficult part of such a daring move. Finding a vague excuse to be summoned away. That shouldn’t be too difficult as his mission was to ensure the integrity of the perimeter as well as the safety of all Republic members. This was accomplished by passing a quick glance over the area, finding the nearest person who looked to be either causing a ruckus or needing assistance. The Pantoran carrying the cooler of ‘potentially hazardous cargo’. More like certainly delicious cargo. But the smokescreen of foiling a potential threat was good enough an excuse to kick this final phase of his plan into high gear. Bellowing as loud as a junker ship crashing into an ion torpedo assembly plant Kolab pointed off in the general direction of Natsuki. “Look! Something that could be a threat! Threateningly tast- dangerous! As you were, civilians!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Lumbering off equally as stealthy, Kolab made his way back towards the landing site, the shuttles, Natsuki and most importantly, the food inside the cooler. He’d spotted this Pantoran earlier on the shuttle down, yet never caught their name. What a better time to remedy that fact. “You there! We were on the shuttle together! That makes us shipmates! Or comrades in arms. Either way!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]ATTN: [member="Natsuki Xao"] [member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Jesse Organa"][/SIZE]

Just as [member="Kian Karr"] wished, Tugoro too wanted to keep a low profile. There was no need to attract any attention to themselves, or make a scene among the gathering that seemed to be going smoothly. The yelling and Mandalorian hordes might've made a few nervous, but it wasn't like a Star Destroyer was going to drop out of hyperspace at any second.

"I may need a few lessons, but I will do my best to help," Tugoro replied to the Kel Dor, quite aware of their differing expertise. Kian was still skilled with a blade, but he also had much more experience in the ways of stealth, and how to execute them most effectively. Tugoro had learned to both mask his force presence and move without sound years ago, but these abilities he hardly utilized.

Then, [member="Mereel Vaun"] approached. The Mandalorian Jedi was no more odd than the sudden armored force that had showed themselves along the village border. He had no idea what those Mandalorians wanted, but this one clearly was not with them. "Greetings," Tugoro spoke, performing a slight and brief bow of his head to the man. "How can we help you?"

Mereel returned the nod of the other Mandalorian as he walked by, but still slipped on his helmet. It was highly likely that the Mandalorians who had just arrived had no idea who he was, but that didn't mean he was about to take unnecessary risks. He was not only an exile of the Mandalorian Empire, but also an exile of his own clan.

His armor bore no distinguishable markings or clan emblems, the only thing noteworthy about it was its primary color being dark, navy blue.

Feeling safer with his armor fully equipped, Mereel looked to Taidarious and made sure that his helmet was aligned with his vision, "I just wanted to get acquainted with a few of the Jedi here. I spent a week at the temple on Coruscant back before the One Sith invasion."

Mereel sighed, he wished he could get back the time he had wasted after that attack. "My understanding of the force has been limited to what I've been able to pick up while out exploring. I'm not asking either of you to train me, but if the Remnant ever harbors a space for Jedi to develop their abilities, please contact me using the information stored on these."

He handed both men a small datachip from one of his belt pouches. It was a business card of sorts, it contained the name of his ship, her Captain, and even a HoloNet mailing address - obviously belonging to Captain Tucker. He would never give his own account address away so freely.

"Ret'urcye mhi." He said, before walking away back to the edge of the village.

He wasn't running from the Mandalorian who came here. He was just going to ask him some questions once the other Mandalorian was done with his dealings here. Mereel found a spot where he wouldn't be in the way of traffic, but where he would be seen clear as day by the other Mandalorian.

He sat down and crossed his legs. Slowing his breathing and clearing his mind, he began to meditate the time away.
[member="Tugoro Taidarious"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]​

"Ret'urcye mhi" = Maybe we'll meet again

"Well all I'm saying is that a Coup is surprisingly easy in times of unrest." Moving forward and following the woman.

Ugh. Another Mandalorian. Her eyebrow arched as the man's small army approached their position, sensing the wave of arrogance that most of the bucket heads had, afterwards turning her head to see that the other had disappeared from her field of view, moreso because she was not looking looking hard enough to find him. Slowly, her neck turned back to see that of Ever's and she began speaking once more.

"No idea, but anywhere I've seen a Mandalorian all I've seen immediately afterwards is trouble or war. There's a lot of people showing up regardless, though whether or not that's a good thing we're yet to see."

Again, her eyes turned to look towards somebody with a similar complexion to that of her own, @Natsuki Xiao though Priscilla assumed the woman was far to cheerful to bear any biological similarities to herself.

"I'm assuming you were born here then?"

ATTN: [member="Ever Dawnracer"] I [member="Mereel Vaun"]

The pantoran stood on the dock and took a quick survey of her surroundings. Though she was more distracted by the bustling of people that skirted past her as they made their was both on and off the shuttles. Nadiem was new land. Not to mention from what heard someplace where she could get bountiful amounts of ingredients. Nearly lost in thought, Natsuki barely noticed the barabel approaching her rather hastily. Did he just implied she was a threat?

Instinctively, it was actions first questions later. She dropped the travel sized cooler and flipped the lid open. With her eyes on the lizard her hands rummaged around from what she assumed was one of her cryoban grenades. She felt something round and solid. However once it was lobbed in Kolab’s direction she unfortunately noticed it was actually one of iced Endorian maple donuts. The pastry was launch and it was too late to turn back time as she watched it arch down toward the barabel. It landed on docks with a soft plop and rolled scattered frosted crumbs until it stopped at his feet.

Oh no, I forgot!” she exclaimed this was the food pack she said her yellow eyes widening and her hands placed on top of her head. And now she had this reptile claiming she was a threat until he called out that she was now one of his ‘shipmates’.

The Pantoran was taken off guard by this and quickly stood up straight. “Oh well, yes. Of course I knew that,” she chuckled, “Clearly I was just testing out a new delivery method. Thing is you know, you have to catch it,” she said. Boy, if there was an award for such an excuse Natsuki would take the cake.

Natsuki Xao from Pantora,” she added in a greeting. “That one would be on the house, the next you will have to pay for,” she said gesturing at the fated pastry. “Now then, could you direct me perhaps where I need to go? From what I recall I’m looking anyone working in trade operations. You know, for business purposes” It was then she sensed another pair of eyes on her and she turned to see a chiss curiously staring at her. She slowly lifted her hand and gave a sheepish half smile as she figured she might have saw the rather embarrassing incident.

Nearby - [member="Kolab Shansaash"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] and anyone else close by.

"A time when believing in the light side of the Force was dangerous?"

That seemed the opposite of the galaxy as he understood it. That such a tradition existed was rather interesting. Much more so than the history of mung bean farming of Athos IV, which was what his current social studies assignment was focused on. Shoma would have to do some research into this 'first Republic' as this women described.

"My name is Shoma. I am from the Galactic Alliance," the boy supplied by way of introduction, bowing toward the woman.

"I would be interested to hear more of this history."

[member="Jesse Organa"]​

Ever Dawnracer

E
Ever shook her head at what Priscilla said. Yes, it might be true, but it wasn't appropriate. At least it wouldn't be for a new member world. That was the kind of action someone like the old Emperor would have done. She couldn't believe her father would want to be any part of it anyway. She was certain he would end up being their senator, but she expected him to want to stay at home and continue to run things in that capacity. She didn't expect him to want to be running everything.

The Mandalorian contingent was extremely curious as best. Why were there so many of them? She knew little if their culture save for the fact that most of them couldn't be trusted unless you paid them a lot of money. That was enough to tell her that at best she should be on edge around so many of them. Even one of them could be a formidable for from what she'd heard. She started angling her way towards the meeting between her father and the Chancellor out of caution.

"Yes, I was born and raised here. I've been traveling over this sector of space for a while now, though. Mostly looking for allies, but that's how I heard about you all."

She watched the Reptilian guard leave to go do something or other, as he was making his way directly towards a Pantoran woman, and shook her head. There was something left to be said about the Remnant's fighting forces if they were leaving their posts so easily. Her people were mostly mingling, but every single one of them was on a swivel with their weapons in easy reach.

"Time will tell what is to become of the Senate, I believe. It's not really for us to decide. I don't personally want to get involved in politics."

[member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Kolab Shansaash"] [member="Natsuki Xao"] [member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Jesse Organa"]

Jaster walked out of the meeting with a stomp in his step, damn politicians were a pain to work with. The Droid walked in close proximity of his master, stone cold Droid glare as he predicted his masters movements to a T. The Mandalorian Alor of Clan Awaud calmed himself, the talks weren't finished, the object he brought was in good faith and request of the Soldiers that followed him. The idea of a Republic after their fall was still interesting, he didn't believe in it too much, but soldiers need something to fight for and the Refugees of the Dominion and Old Republic were such. As for what he saw in the representative he was to talk to, their future looked bleak. Though the Senator or Representatives of this planet did peak his interest. They needed time to discuss his offer and request of the troops. He was to wait outside for the mean time.

He pulled up to the food stall where [member="Priscilla Utorna"] and [member="Ever Dawnracer"] were seating, he noticed the Mandalorian[member="Mereel Vaun"] sitting near him as well. He leaned his armored hand into his helmet ear and spoke some Mandalorian to the Warriors. That instinct, they entered the speeders and road off to the outskirts of town, it would take some time before the meeting was concluded so they may as well go hunting or something while here. Looking back to the Mandalorian he waved his hand to join him, "You, didn't plan on seeing another Mandalorian around these parts, figured the only Clan to not serve the Empire was my own."

[member="Shoma Ike"] [member="Jesse Organa"] [member="Natsuki Xao"] [member="Kolab Shansaash"] [member="Tugoro Taidarious"]

Mereel had sensed the man's approach. He opened his eyes and got up off of the ground. He extended his right arm for a forearm clasp that he had learned from his grandfather.

"Su'cuy ner vod."

Mereel was slightly put at ease by the man's comment about the Mandalorian Empire.

"I am not here to represent my clan. My biological father is the Alor of my clan."

Mereel sized up the man. He stood a good four inches taller than himself, and he looked a good deal larger.

"I pronounced him dar'buir years ago for his activities in the Unknown Regions."

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

[member="Shoma Ike"]

She was looking at him and while listening to the others who were discussing parts of it. "I would be glad to tel you about it. I haven't seen much of the galactic alliance of late.. but that is usually because I try to avoid getting to close to home. The rest of my house are not so... enlightened in some things." She said it and talk of a senate was nice, she had found the house of Organa overtaking and ruling Alderaan instead of working for the people and then military force with the mandalorians. THey were doing things now but mostly it just seemed to not be something she would be interested in and helping the galaxy was never something large they wanted to do.

Eagerness got the best of the Pantoran again as she made her way to whom she assumed could help direct her. That being Ever and Priscilla. In her left hand she carried a simple Talz spear in which during this time was being used as a sort of walking stick. She turned on her heel barely waiting for Kolab’s reply to her earlier inquiries. After all, the latter of the two appeared to be possibly another Pantoran from where she had stood. It wasn’t until she saw the woman’s red colored eyes she was wrong in her assumptions.

Overhearing Ever in particularly she turned to her for an sort of answers, “Excuse me, but if I’m not mistaken we are to be reporting to you?” she inquired. As if it was automatic she quickly made her introduction, “Natsuki Xao. I was hoping perhaps you did have some work for me.”

The blue haired woman stood up straighter, shrugging her shoulder so that she could comfortably adjust the container she was carrying. For anyone to be paying attention would notice the engraving on the box it was nothing more than desserts. While waiting for anything to be assigned she noticed the mandalorian and a droid. Clearly this was a rather busy spot. She didn’t mind though[SIZE=11pt].[/SIZE]

Nearby - [member="Kolab Shansaash"] [member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Kolab Shansaash

K
Kolab watched in absolute horror as that maple doughnut sailed through the air only to crash down upon the ground, the chilled doughnut fracturing in two with crumbs scattering all about the sight of the breakage. There were certain times in a soldier's life when they were met with a sight that would haunt them until the end of their days. This was one of them. Yet there was no time to pay proper respects to the fallen pastry who's destiny of being dunked in a cup of caff and eaten was cut tragically short. There task of winning hearts and minds of the locals was at hand! True, this Pantoran wasn't a local. True, they were simply used as a diversion to create a good enough excuse to disengage from the previous conversation. Yet, well, it was somewhere to start.

Dipping his scaled head in a returned greeting to Natsuki, he parted his lips to speak only to see...Natsuki making a direct path towards the pair of women he'd spotted earlier. Not one to hesitate in such an endeavor such as introducing himself, nor potentially missing the chance of snagging a doughnut carried by the Pantoran, he fell into line behind the walking ice cream shop.

Upon approach of the small group that had turned into a real shindig in the time from landing to, well, now, training overtook his demeanor. Standing up straighter his eyes swiftly scanned over the newcomers in a joint effort to both identify them as well as spot anything that could be considered a weapon such as blasters, knives, broken bottles...even pocket sand. The last of those were the true threat on a world that was so rich with dirt. One handful of that in the eyes and you'd be shipped home with a medal pinned to the chest for being wounded in service of the Republic. Or...given a cloth to wipe it out of the eyes. Either way! Kolab came about the side of Natsuki to get a better survey of the merry band of...well, they had a garden variety group here now.

"Perimeter is secure. Except for...a throng of Mandalorians in speeders. And a droid. And..a wookie. Wherever it went. Perimeter is more or less secure. In this five foot by five foot area." It seemed to be the opprotune time to give a status report to the Chiss woman who had taken command earlier. It wasn't a perfect report. But! Nobody had died. That, in Kolab's opinion, could be considered a job well done. Low expectations were the surest route to happiness after all.

ATTN: [member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Natsuki Xao"] [member="Mereel Vaun"] [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

Priscilla's eyes rolled as the Pantoran waved at her, giving no noticeable response.

The Chiss, upon seeing [member="Ever Dawnracer"] clearly making headway for the meeting hall, began to speak with a tone that had some semblance of sentience in that it was calmer than usual, but still rather monotonous. "Well anyway they should be done soon. I would imagine these talks are a formality, there's no reason why the Senate would turn down Nadiem's application. Shall we go see?"

Priscilla seemed to be paying no attention to any of the individuals who had sat down at the bar and as she responded to the Pantoran she didn't even turn her head, moreso guessing by the sound of her voice that she was who asked the question. "Personally I'm lactose intolerant, though I'm sure you'll be able to find some vendors around here who'll be interested." Even the attempt at the joke wasn't meant to be funny even though the bartender nervously laughed in response. ([member="Natsuki Xao"])

"While in my opinion that is a job well done I'm not sure why you're telling me this. I'm not your superior, not that I think you have one anyway." continuing to walk off to the meeting hall. ([member="Kolab Shansaash"])

[SIZE=11pt]Natsuki scrunched up her face. It was always a shame to hear of someone being misfortate enough to be lactose intolerant. After all she had such pride in her Xao family homemade ice cream. “Oh really?” she asked tilting her head at Priscilla’s statement. “Might I interest you in other confectionary treats though? We sell more than just ice cream. Zucca fruit pastries, crumblebuns which go great with some tea.” The list could have gone on but she didn’t want to overwhelm the Chiss. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]When Kolab came up beside her she turned to him after learning that he had possibly left his post to previously greet her.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] “Ah, I should apologize for the distraction from before,”[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] she said shifting her eyes. “But! Allow me to make it up to you and the rest here. I assume you all know each other correct. Sweets will be on the house. Though if you prefer to trade something of equal value by all means.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Kolab"] Shansassh [member="Ever Dawnracer"][/SIZE]

Jaster greeted the Mandalorian, [member="Mereel Vaun"], seeing another Mandalorian that didn't try to kill him was a nice change of pace. The Civil War had pitted one Clan after another so it was now common that warriors would be wary of one another. Yet, with the rise of Ra and his generals of the Wolf Pack, there were only two factions left, Death Watch, and the Neutral Clans who chose to become nomadic mercenaries like his. However this man was different, he fought with and against a lot of Clan in his years, though his colors and markings were unknown to him.

He moved on to explain his reason, it was polite and he didn't seem the threatening type. "Well I'm here to negotiate on behalf of the Republic Loyalist of the Dominion Remanent as well as the Ash Legion to join this Republic, about 30,000 veteran soldiers and 2 Fleets in total, give or take,", Jaster was asked by his old comerades to negotiate for them, being the previous Viceroy of the Unknown Trading Conglomerate and their retired Leader, they trusted him. He took time out of Clans rebuilding to get this job done, however there were problems. "Only problem was that these senators, just like those of the days of old, still find reasons to argue, I offer them a Military that fought countless wars, and they think their is a catch, apparently a Mandalorian offering an army requires payment," he noticed he was venting his anger to the younger warrior.

"Apologies, Verda, here I am going on like an old fool," he offered the man a seat next to him, "I don't recognize your clan symbols, what part of the Unknown Region is your clan from, I use to do Trading out there before the First Order were around."

[member="Ever Dawnracer"] [member="Priscilla Utorna"] [member="Natsuki Xao"]

Mereel's stomach sank as the Mandalorian mentioned he came representing the Dominion. Mereel had personally fought against the Dominion for a good portion of the Mandalorian Civil War. He was more naive back then, and it took him far too long to realize that he had been fighting for the wrong side in that conflict. Once it was said and done, his reward for his foolishness had been his retreat from Mandalorian space.

Despite once again being on edge around the fellow Mandalorian, Mereel sat down in the seat beside him. He popped off his helmet, and unclipped the flask that he kept at his belt. After taking a swig of the tihaar within, he returned his attention to Jaster.

"I reckon most aruetii might be a little more distrusting of us than some chakaar from Alderaan. When is the last time you heard of Alderaanian's dropping nukes on eachother?"

It was meant as a joke, but Mereel realized that he might have just offended the man. He brushed past it. He knew all too well that he couldn't change the past.

"Anyway, my clan resides on Glacies Domum, it's in the far upper section of the Unknown Regions. It's a beautiful planet as long as you don't mind the possibility of freezing to death or falling into a geyser."

Mereel hoped the man didn't recognize the planet's name, there was only one "Mandalorian" Clan in that whole system, and it was his father's fething crime syndicate which he abhorrently called a clan.

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]

"aruetii" = non-Mandalorian | "chakaar" = thief, petty criminal, or scumbag

Kian watched as the Mandolorian force user walked away. It was a curious thing, Kian had not met many Mandos who were capable of using the force, and the majority he had met seemed to have an eager disdain for anything involving the Jedi. But I suppose that went to show that there were exceptions to virtually every rule. Glancing around, Kian's spirits began to lift even more. More and more people were piling into the place, gathering together in conversation.

How could they fail when so many talented and eager minds were gathering to aid in the recovery of the Republic? How could such well intentioned people not succeed? All they had to do was strive to do good....and they would win no matter what the outcome of wars decreed.

Turning his attention back toward [member="Tugoro Taidarious"], Kian smiled and shrugged. "He was an interesting fellow, was he not?"

"Should we go see about that Wookie Jedi you mentioned?" Kian asked the seasoned warrior before him. "I thought I overheard him say he was sent here.....I wonder by whom?" Kian inquired as he turned to lead the way back toward the wookie's ship ([member="Kolbacca"]).

"I have always had fine memories of Kashyyyk," Kian mentioned as they went, wondering if the Wookie Jedi had been born there, "except for perhaps that little war we fought there......" Kian said turning to Tugoro, his memory flashing over that battlefield. "Were you at the Battle of Kashyyyk?" Kian asked, referring to the invasion of the One Sith on the, then, Republic held world. The battlefield had spanned a great area and the chaos of war had often meant that Kian and those he knew were often involved in engagements but never seeing each other

[member="Priscilla Utorna"] | [member="Shoma Ike"] | [member="Jesse Organa"] | [member="Kolab Shansaash"] | [member="Ever Dawnracer"] | [member="Kolbacca"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member="Natsuki Xao"]​

[member="Priscilla Utorna"] | [member="Shoma Ike"] | [member="Jesse Organa"] | [member="Kolab Shansaash"] | [member="Ever Dawnracer"] | [member="Kolbacca"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] |​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom