Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Red Red Wine | [FO] Empty Hex W of Dosuun + [CIS] Ichtor 8

Zu1DfBE.png

Tagging: BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo BNI-Bella and BNI-Leo | Duckie Talon Duckie Talon

The fire had just been lit and the woman had finally settled in next to the roaring flames in what had become her standard
attire since she'd signed her resignation and effectively, in many ways, retired to the quiet like on Ukio. Not that long ago she had a flurry of visitors, albeit unexpected, though not entirely unwelcomed. Among them had been a rather odd pair of droids - and even now she was still taking inventory of everything to ensure that nothing was out of place or had been stolen that could not be reclaimed or returned to its rightful place.

As she had finally settled into her seat, a glass of sanguine red sitting on the table next to her, and a book poised to be cracked open, her nose twitched for a moment. Furrowing her brow, she brought her hand up, the back of her palm held close to her mouth as she took a soft inhale of breath before, in rapid succession...

"A...achoo, achoo."

Two quick sneezes issued forth as she sniffled slightly, picking up a nearby handkerchief and lightly brushing it against her nose as her brow remained furrowed. Was she coming down with a cold? Or perhaps those old superstitions were true - was someone thinking of her at that moment? No, it couldn't be that - it just had to have been a sneeze and nothing more. Maybe, she thought, there had been a bit of dust on the book that she'd not noticed that had tickled her nose. Either way, for whatever reason the sneeze happened, it was over with now - yet something else pulled at her attention.

As she sat back in her seat, the book remaining in her lap, it felt as though something tugged at her heartstrings. Had she been Force Sensitive perhaps she could have made better sense of what she was feeling - after all - she was Force Dead, she shouldn't be able to feel such emotions from so far away. Yet, as she sat there, she muttered to herself as no one else was in the room.

"I feel a disturbance. It's as if a mighty warrior had suddenly Quacked out in pain..."

With her brow still furrowed, she worried about the little Duckling she had met, hoping that he was okay wherever in the Galaxy he had found himself. After all, those worms could be a mighty terror and she'd hate to have learned that they managed to subdue the poor creature in some manner. For now, she pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind and returned to the book that rests in her lap.

This all just had to have been happenstance right? There really wasn't anything to those old superstitions, was there?

Ame.png

om0bYYo.png

D R I N K S

Tag: Srina Talon Srina Talon

It was not a moment later that the droid returned with Kiff's selected drink, the Port-in-the-Storm. The drink was a hard liquor favored by the sailors and spacers from Pamarthe, and with its grey clouds and bursts of static electricity that mimicked lightning, it wasn't for those who wouldn't hold their alcohol. Kiff, on the other hand, had a very high tolerance. What could he say? Practice made perfect. He thanked the droid -- though its internal processors likely cared very little for organic niceties -- and made to leave, when he heard a voice behind him: “Water, please.”

Kiff turned slowly, glass in hand, to see none other than the first of the Exarchs and right-hand of the Vicelord: Srina Talon, a woman whose beauty was only surpassed by her capability to inspire others, though it was not Kiff's role to say whether that inspiration was of patriotism or fear. He'd often observed the Exarch from afar -- who could blame him? -- but now she was here. Up close, she was more beautiful than in Kiff's far-off observations or the sparse holos she'd appeared in.

But it was a different kind of beauty. One that was austere; one that held power. Her eyes were a brilliant silver that sparkled, her hair whiter than the finest of ivories. The ornateness and craftsmanship of the dress that she wore contrasted with the simplicity of military function in Kiff's uniform, and Kiff paused for the briefest of moments, his mind temporarily blank as he merely looked into her eyes. Usually he was a paragon of wit and charm, but he was even if momentarily, dumbstruck.

The Exarch's next words were a saving grace, and like a repaired starship launching from the drydocks, Kiff's mind came back online. He gave a rogueish smile, inclining his head and raising his glass towards Talon. "Exarch Srina Talon, it's a pleasure to finally meet," he started. He paused, taking an elegant sip of his drink, conscious of the Exarch's gaze the electricity coursing down his throat. "If I must answer truthfully, I should be back at the Anthem, orchestrating the defense of the Confederacy and preparation for the inevitability of war."

He cast his gaze around the celebration before his eyes went back to looking into the Exarch's own. "But I suppose there is some merit to preventing it," he mused, nodding towards at the First Order symbol emblazoned along with that of the Confederacy's on banners that were draped across the palace. "Although, from my experience, most military officers aren't the best of conversationalists. It's probably better I nurse a drink along with. . . finer things than get into a debate with some First Order Admiral over who has the bigger Star Destroyer," he added with a wink.

mxt7ADg.png
"Now then my friend, let's get you a better view!"

In short order, the youth found himself lifted up. Being set on the shoulders of the large man was... unconventional. But, in all his dealings with them, Sor-Jan had always found the Confederates to be a rather unconventional people.

Plus, it eliminated the difficulty of having to look up at everyone the whole evening.

"Are they paying you well?"

The viceroy seemed quite tickled by the fact that the boy worked for a technology conglomerate. The question about the benefits package brought a smile to the boy's round face that was genuine. "My position allows me some flexibility in negotiating my terms," the youth supplied wryly, unable to keep the mirth from slipping into his voice as he replied tongue-in-cheek.

The topic of Teyr seemed to invigorate the man.

Not that he needed much invigorating. "So many foods, drinks, music, AND THE DANCING OH THE DANCING!" Draconis boasted, before spinning around with the Anzat atop his shoulders. Again, the boy was startled by the unexpected turn of events but managed to keep his spot on the man's shoulders.

Draconis had a drink in hand. An indicator that the evening fun was only just beginning. "But enough of my home, where do you hail from young man? What is it you call home?" the man asked, continuing their small talk.

The boy's mouth opened, as the rote reply used in such conversation immediately leapt onto his tongue.

"Where is it you think of when you are on long voyages and miss the comfort of your own bed?"

The boy paused then. That was a different question. Or, a different way to frame the question. The odd thing of it all, it wasn't a place that came to Sor-Jan's mind then. It was a time. A time long ago. When all stars had burned as one.

"Is it a beautiful cityscape?"

He had been a Jedi knight then. Coruscant had been a beautiful planet. Untouched by war in generations. He had learned to be a padawan, then learned to be a knight. Then done it all over again, when he'd taken a padawan of his own. Watched a youngling go through his same journey. Walk in his same steps. Make some of his same mistakes. Achieve victories he hadn't.

"Wondrous countryside?"

The battle of Duro. The bombs had been lovely that time of year. Using every ounce of his strength, and somehow finding still more, to push through wave after wave of battle droids.

Confederate battle droids.

No, not the government of Darth Metus. The government of Darth Tyrannus. Count Dooku. And his lieutenant, General Grevious.

"Majestic mountains?"

Yinchorr Prime. It would have been lovely, but for the fact that Sor-Jan had cradled his master in his arms and felt the life flow out of his body. It was the single most painful moment in his life.

And that had been before the Clone Wars. Before the Dark Times.

Before... whatever this was. The Gulag Plague. The Netherworld. The Clockwork Rebellion. The Omega War. The war with the One Sith. No, now it was the Sith Empire. Tomorrow, who knew what it would be. Another Bryn'adul attack, perhaps?

"Please my good man I implore you to tell me of your homeland!"

The boy tried to push the reverie aside. He struggled a moment to find the polite, don't-think-about-it answer. "I'm from Corellia," he supplied finally, forcing a smile as he glanced down at the man's jovial face. "A small town known as Bela Vistal. Though I live on Drall now."

The emotion was stifling as it sat high in his chest. Clearing his throat, the former Jedi composed himself. Still flashing the forced smile, the boy continued. "Or, at least, I have a house on Drall. I think I spend more time on the corporate shuttle than planetside."

That was quite enough about himself. Time to kick the proverbial shuttlecock back over the social net.

"Now, tell me viceroy, what is your opinion on this Outer Rim Free Trade Agreement?"

Isobel Nakano

I

I N C A N D E S C E N S E
[THEME]|[OUTFIT]

Isobel allowed a smirk. "Nice try, Delilah," she said pleasantly, her voice a sing-song.

Her attention was momentarily drawn when the murmur of the crowd announced the arrival of some bigwigs: the Supreme Leader (such as she was) with a man Isobel didn't recognize, and the Grand Moff with a gaggle of staff. Delilah made a noise of excuse and tried to move past Isobel to greet the newly-arrived superiors, but Isobel placed herself in the older woman's path. "Sorry," said Isobel bluntly, her tone indicating that she was, in fact, not sorry at all. "We're not finished here."

The auburn-haired woman seemed taken aback by Isobel's tone. Isobel was taken aback by her own tone, as it happened. She was not used to being this assertive with her boss, and until recently had not found the need to be. Graham tried to brush past her but again, Isobel wasn't having any of it. "I said we're not done. Let's save your secretary the scheduling and have a nice chat here, then I'll get out of your hair."

Isobel paused and snatched a glass of champagne from the tray of a passing waiter. She drained half of it in one gulp, wincing slightly, and swirled the rest in the flute. "Or, if it's so important to you to go and chat with your boss and her boss," Isobel said pleasantly, her eyes narrowing at her ostensible superior. "I can just go with you. We can all have a nice long chat about... well, about everything, Moff Graham. Like Cierrol Harlow, for instance, and why he's no longer in prison."

Her head canted to one side, as if daring Delilah to agree.

0IFjdrt.png

mxt7ADg.png

Dress Attire: Fully Military Dress Uniform
Objective: Represent the people of Surric and exalt the glorious Confederacy and their friends!
Tags: Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha , Open
"Haha! A small village! Not so different you and I! I grew up in a small village outside one of the major production centers of Atin! My parents were factory workers, however we did what we could to scrape by. Twas why I joined the Confederate Armed Forces! There were some bad times but my position in the Army allowed me to support my parents through their latter years. Some unfortunate events would take place however, but I do not wish to tarnish such a day of celebration with such grim tidings!" He would perk up at the end as he redirected his thoughts to their celebrations and the boy's question.

"Ah yes, the trade agreement. I'm afraid I don't know much about the agreement except for the implications that our peoples shall soon become trade partners. To which I look forward! My people's reconstruction of our home system has been a long and arduous journey, but now we have the manufacturing, research and development, and economic might to rival any world or system in our absolutely glorious Confederacy! I look forward to sharing of goods, ideas, commerce and works of art between us so that our cultures may grow even stronger and closer in our friendship haha!" He would jovial raise the stein as if to toast to that before taking another swig.

Their little journey would stop before one of many paintings along the walls, seemingly of a former Queen of Naboo. Draconis didn't recognize the fair lady, but let out a good hearted chuckle as he looked at her in awe of not only the beauty of the woman, but the apparent skill of the artist in question.

"Well I say my good lad, I do not recognize this fine woman, but judging by her garb she must've been a queen. And a fine queen such as that! Why look at that beautiful smile! Such beauty and grace could not be of one of a wicked heart but one generosity and kindness! Just look at the way her cheeks almost glow! I dare say she could rival any one of the various gods that people worship in beauty if not surpass them and make even they jealous! Such a beautiful presentation! Such a majestic representation! I thank whomever is watching over us that such a fine and absolutely wondrous piece of art has survived to be seen by our very eyes! Wouldn't you agree my good young man?"

Draconis would almost casually look up with a smile the beguiled his heart of gold and absolute purity of his soul. That and the amount of alcohol that was already in his system due to the strength of the drink he had in one hand. The larger man was not known for holding his liquor too well, and the two men that had been watching him rolled their eyes at their leader's openness and lack of reserve with other delegates. At least he was the genuine article, a man of extremes, and someone who only said what he meant and kept his word above all. The first man sipping quietly on a less alcoholic ale, while the other nursed a martini of sorts. They didn't converse with people, but their relaxed posture and laid back appearance wouldn't make them out to be anyone of a threat. They simply sat back and watched as their Viceroy took a small child around the embassy and showed the probably more articulate and learned of the two of them various pieces of art as he simply enjoyed being there.

This was the Viceroy of Surric after all, a man who loved life, people, and all in between. A jolly gentle giant.

Elisea Apollodor

E
om0bYYo.png
"That is okay," whispered Elisea to her wife, "because I have something in store for you, later." Elisea was glad when they had finally closed the threshold. Thus far the Military Ball seemed to be going off without a hitch, it was beautifully decorated and droid staff maneuvered with ease paying more attention to who was where than the patrons of the party. Such was to be expected, but it was always nice to see, "well we can dance or drink, maybe a little of both?" She offered, while linked arm in arm with her wife.
As crowded as it was - the gala somehow made it almost easier to find others. Among them Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas who undoubtedly had arrived with Shalita Verd Shalita Verd . Elisea had spotted the Chief Medical Officer and mentioned to her wife, "why don't we go say hello to the good doctor and then take to the dance floor ourselves?" After a few moments of keeping close as to avoid being bumped by any of the guests and informing the droids that no champagne would not be necessary but water would do. Did the pair make their way toward Dr. Derzelas and Shalita Verd.

mxt7ADg.png

"A guy can dream."

Axile lifted his glass and finished the green beer. He paused the conversation for a moment to observe the crowd. Different dignitaries, officers, or affiliates to the Confederacy and First Order were dotted around the place. Some in conversation like he was with Aithche, and others just standing there, watching like he was right now. After a minute of silence he came up with an idea.

"So, your government wanted an embassy here on Naboo because I assume they wanted to align themselves to the Confederacy in some way. Helpful to have a presence on a world that is the most important to us so that, in the event of some disaster, or for the means to begin talks over some type of matter they could reach out right here on Naboo. This is the first step in what could be a working relationship between both governments.

"I could be wrong about that but if what I assume is the truth then perhaps my idea to have you become my attaché- for lack of better word- would be a benefit for me, you and the governments we both work for. I don't know who you work for directly, and I'd be happy to bring this proposal to him, but think of it this way...

"A temporary assignment to work with me on Naboo for a few months. You are still First Order. I am still Confederacy. But we use that time to do something for both our factions. A liaison between you, me and both sides. Us working together could bring a precedent for more co-operation later on. The first baby steps of a growing relationship between the First Order, and the Confederacy of Independent Systems."

He averted his gaze from the crowd to look at the older woman. "I might be new to the scene, but even I have heard of the Bryn'dul. I have heard of the rumours. The First Order might need our help one day, and the Confederacy might need yours. Our little experiment could pave the way to the type of relations we will need to protect our systems. In particular I am concerned for Naboo, so if I can make good with the First Order- with your help- then perhaps Naboo will be better protected then it already is."

When he finished building his proposal he turned to order another Gizer Ale.

Aithche Wierz Aithche Wierz

mxt7ADg.png

"My government" Aithche corrected "Opened an embassy here because they have signed a free trade agreement with the Confederacy and this is standard diplomatic practice. A CIS embassy will be opened on Dosuun. There is no alliance, ORFTA is a trading agreement to ease strictures on merchants and commercial freight".

She held up her hand in front of her for a moment to get her thoughts together. "With respect sir, who are you? You come to me with a story of having starting working for the Confederacy a few days ago and say your first time offworld was then too. Now you are claiming to be some dignitary with the authority to request foreign attachés? Forgive me for being a little skeptical but your story doesn't make much sense". If this was a clumsy attempt at flirting then she would be quite irate.

She polished off her drink with a grateful sound. Stars above, she could do with another but it might make her tongue wag too much. She shook her head sadly "I weep for the Confederacy if you think an assistant cultural attaché will be the grain of rice that tips the scales. The Bryn'dul are half a galaxy away. People on the frontier can consider them fairy tales because they have concerns like pirates, warlords, and the Eternal Empire to worry about".

Axile Volzap Axile Volzap

mxt7ADg.png
Whoever Aithche was he noted that she did not mince her words. The Gizer Ale was poured into a fresh glass. Axile paid the bartender, turned and took another mouthful before swallowing so he could make his response.

"Of course us working together wouldn't accomplish much. At least at first, right? I am minor league. But this trading agreement between our two factions is a gateway to further co-operation. It's just the first step towards that, isn't it? It sounds like to me both sides got a good deal. A mutual thing which benefits both sides. But what happens afterwards?

"Do the First Order and the Confederacy leave it there? I doubt it. I haven't spent much time in the Confederacy, and you are the first member of the First Order that I have ever spoken too. But from my brief time in the Confederacy I have come to learn that there are a lot of ambitious people here and you happen to be speaking to one of them. Everyone who is worth their grain of salt recognizes that the trade agreement is also a gateway to boosting your own individual status in both factions.

"Consider it a year from now. I have risen up through the ranks. I am no longer the clueless, new diplomat that has only just joined the Confederacy. Perhaps in a year from now I have the ear of the Queen. Relationships with governors that will make things easier for the First Order. I see this new relationship between the Confederacy and the First Order to be the first steps to getting there. Perhaps I can be the guy that the First Order goes too when they need something on Naboo, or an introduction to somebody in the Confederacy.

"I bring up the Bryn'dul because these types of things will be useful for all parties involved. It's likely the First Order already has somebody like this in the Confederacy. Somebody on our side had to be part of the negotiations which brokered the deal in the first place, right? But I wonder if that person has your ear or the ear of the guy- or woman- that you work for?"

He took another swig of his beer. It was making him braver.

"The Bryn'dul might be someone else's problem right now. But I think it wise to consider them an issue in the future. Then there is this Eternal Empire, and these criminals you bring up, right? Naboo has one of the Galaxies greatest resources for renewable energy. You are going to need that to deal with these issues on top of the domestic ones you have going on right now, or might have going on in the future.

"I am merely proposing that we help each other. If it doesn't work out in a couple of months from now then no harm, no foul. But this could be the beginning of something great. You don't have to make a decision now. Perhaps it isn't yours to make. You speak to who you need to speak too about this conversation, and I'll speak to my side. If my side are receptive to this type of co-operation then maybe you will feel a little more confident about it, and so might the person you work for too.

"I realize these are just dreams. Theories. All based on what ifs, and could bes. I will leave you to think about it, and if it's a bad idea then we don't have to talk too each other again. But give it some thought. If you want to talk again then reach out through the embassy and we'll plan it all out. How can we help each other, Aithche? This is the point I am making."

Axile picked up his glass and made his way from the bar. He spoke as he walked away: "Enjoy the festivities."

Aithche Wierz Aithche Wierz

..::|| P S Y C H E ||::..

The evening air was lush with the scents of the flowers blooming throughout the gardens. There was something to be said for the warmth in the air and the comfort it brought to one who had become accustomed to the much cooler temperatures of Dosuun the last several years. With a deep sigh of the utmost pleasure, Devorah reveled in it, chestnut eyes closing briefly as she allowed the pleasure to course through her veins. Her fingers alighted softly on the gracefully arched fence she stood beside as her senses ranged outward.

There was no intrusion upon any other's mind, simply a gentle brush of greeting against those she knew. She paused and pressed her mind to Varick's, urging him forward as she felt his concern and trepidation. He was due to meet with his brother and his cadre of the Knights Obsidian with the Imperial Knights at his side. He thank her by way of a mental nudge and she smiled before allowing her mind to slip away once more.

There were so many people gathered for this august occasion that it was a wonder of coordination and scheduling that it had been brought to fruition in the first place. It pleased Devorah to no end to see it happening, however...though she counted herself amongst the First Order, the Confederacy had been her first home, and it was led by her beloved brother.

True warmth and happiness lit her features as she sensed his arrival, and she roused herself from the comfort and privacy of the garden grotto to find him. It had been...entirely too long since she'd seen him last, and they had so much to discuss. Whether they had the time and opportunity to do so this evening remained to be seen. If nothing else, she could assure herself with her own eyes and senses that he was as well as his correspondence always said he was.

Fingers rose to gently arrange the long curls of her hair as she walked slowly through the gardens and into the lushly decorated space. She dipped her head as she passed Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan and her Royal Guard Dyrn Grav Dyrn Grav , by way of a polite, unobtrusive greeting. Had they not been deep in conversation, Devorah would have stopped to give a more formal greeting, but it was not to be.

Her smile blossomed on her features, warmth and delight radiating from her within the Force. "Isley..." she said softly as she came upon him, standing with a gentleman whom she recognized as John Locke John Locke from the guest list she had surveyed before the evening had begun.

"...my apologies, I do hope I'm not interrupting..."

A smile came to his lips, unbidden as it was while he stood on the edge of the forest. Devorah. That woman was a blessing to the Imperial Knights and he was thankful for her guidance and friendship. He gently brushed his mind against her own as he felt her withdraw and took a deep, steadying breath. There was truly nothing he needed to be so concerned about with the exercise today.

His brother commanded the Knights Obsidian and he had command of the Imperial Knights that were available to join them...such as their small numbers were. Firenne would be joining them as well, but she was delayed by a simple official duty that needed to be discharged before she was free. With another deep, measure breath, he set off into the trees.

It was good to have the freedom to move through a forest once more. He had missed moments like this, suffused with the simplest of pleasures for the Lupine who had been unable to take time for himself in recent months. Duty called and he was more than happy to answer, but his wolf...his wolf needed this. Though it would delay his appearance a bit, he took the time to shift and simply run. Darting between the trees nigh on silently as only a Lupine could, he savored the scents and the wind, taking a long, circuitous route to the designated meeting spot.

After a time, he arrived, breaking into the clearing in his Lupine form before remembering to resume his human shape. A broad, contented smile on his face as he approached those already gathered. "Gerwald! There you are, little brother." he said jovially, using the moniker as mark of affection before moving to hug his brother before turning to offer greetings to the others.

"My greetings to you all...I am Imperial Knight Varick Lechner. But for the love of all that's good in the world, just call me Varick. Let's not stand on too much ceremony today. Firenne is due to be along shortly as well...she will be thrilled to see you again, Ger, and to meet everyone." He grinned, as he politely inclined his head to each of the Knights Obsidian in turn.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
dvPuacF.png
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Varick Lechner Varick Lechner | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Palm-Imer Palm-Imer | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Cord Starfall Cord Starfall | Luca Ioneşti | Matma Bernu Matma Bernu | Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld | Resurgent Narrative | Nine Lives Nine Lives

”You will like him, I think,” Gerwald said as his apprentice mentioned meeting his brother.

They knew each other well and had shared moments which many would have thought Gerwald incapable of. The vulnerability with which he expressed himself around Palm-Imer Palm-Imer was rare. There were only three others among the living who could claim such an understanding, and Varick, his brother, was not among them. Gerwald was uncertain if he would ever be able to express to his brother the guilt he still carried over the way he had abandoned his siblings, but in the end the pair had decided it best to move on from the incident. Both of them had found their place in the galaxy, the place where both of them belonged.

A small gathering of Knights began to fill the clearing as they all waited on Varcik to arrive. Cord Starfall Cord Starfall had been the first, a head nod was given in her direction as Palm had been the first to answer her.

“Good to finally meet you as well. I have heard about some of your exploits through the ranks. My busy schedule has kept from making proper introductions until now. I am glad you were able to join us.”

Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi arrived next followed by someone which seemed to know her well, Nine Lives Nine Lives . Gerwald was pleased to see them both as well and greeted them with the same nod that he had offered to Cord. It was good to see that his call for a joint exercise had not gone completely ignored, even if the request had been unprecedented. The way they had worked together on Cantros gave Gerwald hope this would work. Afterall, his brother was the First Imperial Knight.

Matma Bernu Matma Bernu arrived next, he was the first of the Imperial Knights to arrive, just as the question had been asked if others from the First Order had joined the gathering yet. A smirk tugged at Gerwald’s lips as he no longer had to provide an answer to the question. The smirk turned into a full smile not long after as Varick could be seen trotting into the clearing.

The sounds of bones cracking fell on Gerwald’s ears. He would be the only one to hear them, except for Palm perhaps, as it was a noise she had heard on Geminade. Gerwald shook his head as he walked over to his brother, knowing full well the reason he was late.

“And here I thought I was the one who was supposed to lack discipline,” he said as he hugged his smaller brother. Varick was five inches shorter and roughly 35 pounds ligter. “And who are you calling little…”

Gerwald chuckled as he pulled away. The laughter and smile on his face reached further than Palm would have remembered seeing. Despite the pain Gerwald felt with all the loss he had endured, being in the presence of his brother filled a void that had been a gaping hole for some time. Redd Redd was family, she was a sister to him, but Gerwald had also had a brother, and while Redd had helped to heal the part of him that felt the pain of Alwine’s betrayal, only Varick could mend the other.

“I am glad Firenne will be coming. It has been too long since I have seen her. I am hoping Redd Redd will be coming as well. She is another you need to meet, as dear to me as a sister.”

They had both agreed they would not speak of Alwine, but Gerwald could not help but lose a little of the spark in his eyes at the thought.

“And this…” Gerwald motioned to his apprentice, “Is Palm-Imer, my squire. Palm, this is Varick.”

He would let them greet each other as he turned to address the group.

“We will wait a few more minutes for others to arrive before we begin. In the meantime get to know each other a bit better. It will be quite the event this afternoon!”

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ

Formal events were becoming quite frequent in her life, and in truth Fevris didn't mind it that much. A part of her would always display some degree of reluctance and the back of her mind would forever linger on the lab results, paperwork, hospital schedules and management...well, the list could very well be endless. However, that did not take from the fact that a few hours to wind down and enjoy a good drink and some nice music were rarely a bad idea - and they became an excellent one if they came with the added perk of being able to spend time with the breathtaking beauty that was Shalita Verd Shalita Verd .

"It's nice to see our people together," Her arm was laced around the shi'ido's own, her hand absent-mindedly caressing Shalita's while the deep blue eyes of the Bakuran danced around the large room. The devotion Fevris held for the empire was no secret. After all, she came from a long line of first imperials and had always taken great pride in her nation, especially now when they had learnt from the mistakes of the past and were growing, stronger and better. Her gaze then drifted to the woman herself, "but, you are an even prettier sight." She winked and took a sip of the wine she was holding before allowing it to rest in a nearby table.

It was then that she caught sight of two women approaching, taking her not even a second to recognize who they were. A friendly smiled curved the corners of her red painted lips as she watched the Apollodors approach. "Good evening, ladies." She greeted, before directing her eyes once more at the Verd. "Shal, these are Elisea and Nylea Apollodor. Elisea is also a member of the Medical Service."

It would seem that they finally got a chance to meet in a non life risking environment, and Fevris was particularly happy that she also got to introduce her girlfriend. Shalita had seen quite a lot of her work when it came to the solitary part of it, hours spent in the labs or NoxaCorp's offices, but the same could not be said of the part of the job where her true passion laid, field work. "And this is Shalita Verd."

dvPuacF.png
Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Palm-Imer Palm-Imer | Varick Lechner Varick Lechner | Lunara Azure Lunara Azure | Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi | Raz Asai'il Raz Asai'il | Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Luca Ioneşti | Matma Bernu Matma Bernu | Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld | Resurgent Narrative | Nine Lives Nine Lives

Equipment: Sith Mask | Light Sith Armor | Sith Battle Skirt | Green Long coat | Solar | Fiend | X2 DL-44 heavy blaster pistols | Stun gauntlets

TyqpPIU.png

The girl Palm-Imer Palm-Imer who stood next the Lord commander introduced herself to Cord. The girl used Cord’s Knights Obsidian official title of Lord Marshall, one Cords many titles. The use of the title caused one of Cord to visibly wince. She really was not one for titles she had titles among the jedi, sith, dathomir witches, the criminal underworld, and other more obscure ones. She politely smiled at Palm. “Please just call me Cord no need to be formal. Formals not really my thing but good to meet you Palm-Imar.”

After the young lady introduced herself then the lord Commander Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner said he had heard of her and offer somewhat of an apology that they had not met up to this point. Cord understood a little as she had only met with the previous Lord Commander Kyyrk Kyyrk for a couple short encounters one of which was her stepping up to the role of Lord Marshall. “I wouldn’t miss this exercise for world it isn’t often two force user groups meet on amical means and work together.”

As she stated that Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi arrived, Cord had only met the woman once when she was being interrogated for the position of Lord Marshall. Cord nodded to a hello and welcome to the Lord Marshal and member of the thorn chapter. So far those that had gathered weren’t as diverse as one might hope, Cord had to wonder if any one from Lotus or Solanaceae would show up for this training exercise.

“Not Yet.” Cord Quickly replied to Kurenai. Just as she said that @ Matma Bernu came stolled in greeting those gathered before going before Gerwald. The Lord Commander was popular peoples first choice to go great but then again it was the CIS hosting this event here on Naboo after all, so it was to be expected. Cord just watched for a moment as this all unfolded.

Cord watch as a new person approached, she did not know who Nine Lives Nine Lives and @Maple where but as they came to the Lord Commander and said their greetings, she was sure they were members of the Knights Obsidian. Cord herself nodded to them both. The scent hit the air a second Lupine was approaching, on instinct Cords hand went to her weapon though she did not draw it just clinched her hand around it. Some instinct trained to you were hard to break, though Cord had no ill will or hate towards Lupines she had been trained from a young age they were bad by her grandfather.

As she took note of Varick Lechner Varick Lechner she knew instantly it was some relation to Gerwald and as he got closer, she could smell it, most likely brother unless her senses were off. However, it was just a few moments later and her sense were proven right when Varick referred to him as little brother. Cord eased her hand away from her weapon and let herself relax. Her Orange eyes however did not move from the two brothers.

They spoke of things and people she did not know lucky for them Firenne last name was not spoken or else Cord might have said something rude. Not that she could help it her family had a long disdainful history with the Van-derveld family though Cord had really never met one both her mother, aunts, uncles, and grandfather talked horrible things of those Lupines.

mxt7ADg.png

Wearing: Tuxedo
Tagging: Darth Metus Darth Metus | Natasi Fortan Natasi Fortan | Ariel Yvarro | Devorah Verd Devorah Verd

Each state, each company, had its own character, it’s own sense of style and sensibilities that they brought with them when setting up an embassy. It might be a sleek ultra-modern look, or something harkening back to past architectural styles. All the buildings outside might look similar, but the décor, how you chose to portray yourself, that spoke volumes about your character and the image you were trying to portray. In his time John had had the opportunity to examine, to judge many such buildings, embassies, offices and other fronts, with all the finery and facades of power that came with them. He’d spent hours himself in meetings with designers, trying to find just the right impression for his offices as the company expanded, as the Confederacy opened new embassies or prepared for a fete or gala.

From the first step, he’d taken into this building John hadn’t found anything to complain about with the new First Order embassy.

Well…aside from the fact that it required another party.

Dark eyes glanced enviously down the street the lights of Theed stretching into the distance, even at this late hour the city was still alive. Citizens heading to work, to eat or to relax, the humming lifeblood of any city, and state. It was those people who really drove the hidden machinery that kept the Confederacy running, it was for them that they’d spent weeks, months, working on the deals that underpinned the spectacle of the night. The deals that would provide more opportunities, would provide them with the freedom and potential that would make their lives easier, better.

It was something John had come to realise, that a state, a government’s primary responsibility wasn’t the projection of power, wasn’t to enrich the few, the elite. It was those citizens who filled the city, the planet, the Confederacy, who went to work day after day, come home to spend time with their families. People like his mother and father, the others who had grown up on their street, maybe if a deal like this had existed their lives might have been a little easier, a little better. Away from the security, from the bright lights, there were countless multitudes who only knew of the existence of this event from a line in the news. Who knew of the Vicelord and the Supreme Leader from the news, as distant far off figures, who saw the masks rather than the people behind the masks. The people who chose to put their faith in those masks, in what they saw and what they believed in what those larger-than-life figures stood for.

It was so easy for that mask to become your identity, for concerns of leadership to overwhelm an individual and leave them submerged, loosing who they were to the position they occupied. It was something that John had found himself struggling with recently, the balance between the man and the Exarch, though it was nights like this that made it all worthwhile. Nights where he could see what they’d been fighting for all this time, could see the actual benefits of what they did in action. Those citizens who filled the city might not know it, might not understand it, but the actions that had culminated with tonight would have far-reaching consequences that would affect all their lives. It was that positive conclusion that had buoyed the man as he twisted to flash a smile at Darth Metus, genuine pleasure dancing in his dark eyes.

“Anything you say? You might wanna reconsider that, I’ve been feeling nostalgic and Corellian food isn’t exactly…the healthiest food around.”

That smile lasted to the speeder, lasted until they’d arrived at the embassy before the mask of the Exarch snapped down over his features, something John was finding easier and easier to do. Still, he couldn’t deny the thrill when the Vicelord introduced him as an Exarch of the Confederacy to the Grand Moff and her entourage. Cementing that sense of belonging, of achievement. Thousands of hours spent in boardrooms and in diplomatic functions kept his features schooled in that calm look, though there was no hiding that spark of pleasure that danced through his eyes for a second as he offered the assembled a small nod before they were joined by another guest. It took a moment for John’s cybernetics to pull up a name to match the face.

“Not at all Ms Khaladan, we had just arrived ourselves and were just admiring the finished embassy. You’ve managed to capture a regal gravitas with it, no small thing with a building like this.”

om0bYYo.png
This time, it was Elisea that was going to have the surprise. Nylea would've liked to have it come out of nowhere, but it merely meant she was filled with anticipation now. The echani attempted to go over all of the possibilities in her mind, but quickly came to the conclusion that she had no idea where to even begin. All she could do was wait until that 'something' was revealed and to deal with the nagging curiosity until then.

Nylea took a moment to adjust to the droning sound of chatter that the venue drowned in as the couple stepped inside. She had always had trouble tuning such noise out, but as long as she had conversation to partake in herself or any other activity to focus on, she would be fine. Having a drink and a dance would certainly help in that regard.

"Both sounds just perfect to me," the echani responded, raising her voice just slightly so Elisea could hear her over the ever-present chatter around them. Her wife followed it up with another idea first, however, as a familiar face entered the venue not long after Nylea and Elisea themselves. "And that sounds even better," she added. Nylea hadn't been able to get to know ms. Derzelas too well despite working together with her on multiple occasions and this was a good opportunity to change that.

The echani nodded on approach, returning a "good evening" before being introduced to the unknown lady at Fevris' side. From the looks of it the two were together, though Nylea wouldn't jump on that for anything. "It is a pleasure to meet you," she spoke to Shalita with her ever-gentle voice, then the woman turned her attention to Fevris. "And we finally meet under more acceptable circumstances."

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

3E3dvJz.png

O B J E C T I V E
6.png

WEARING: XxX.
WEAPONS: A & Ω.
TAG: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner ~ Varick Lechner Varick Lechner ~ Cord Starfall Cord Starfall ~ Lunara Azure Lunara Azure ~ Matma Bernu Matma Bernu ~ Nine Lives Nine Lives ~ Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi ~ Eenia Vahn Eenia Vahn ~ Firenne Van-Derveld Firenne Van-Derveld ~ Luca Ioneşti

"I have a feeling I will," She answered, before her eyes moved to the recently arrived Kurenai Yumi Kurenai Yumi , Nine Lives Nine Lives , and Maple Harte Maple Harte . These were faces she did not know, but members of her Order none the less. If there was one thing that came easy to the geminaie, it was adapting. In this case, it translated into a quick sense of relation to these people, even if she had not had the pleasure of meeting them properly yet.

"Cord it is then, please call me Palm." There was a nod and a smile with her words. Geminian compound names were a bit of a tongue twister, and so they usually went by one of them. There was only one person who had ever called her Imer, and she had all but shed that name the day he passed. The clearing began to welcome more and more Force Users, and Palm knew the Force must have felt like a sea of presences and varying natures to those who were still attached to it and could sense it. For today, that was something she would miss.

Soon the first imperial knight arrived. After he had greeted Gerwald, Palm offered him a nod and a greeting of her own. "Welcome to Naboo, Knight Bernu." It would only be a matter of time until all those who had been summoned made their arrival, and then the fun would start. Of course, she would be running with quite the disadvantage in the exercises to come, but the Ambassador had never been one to back down from a good challenge or let a chance to test her skill, escape.

And then the man that she was particularly looking forward to meeting made his entrance. Golden eyes fell on the shape of a large wolf as it entered the clearing. She had seen the eagerness of Gerwald's inner wolf to be let out when surrounded by nature and it came as no surprise that his brother shared such need. The sound of bones shifting from the beast into the human reached her ears, and before them stood a man that bared a strong resemblance to her Master.

A bright smile took over the geminaie's expression as she watched the brothers hug. Out of the corner of her eye she also took notice of the Lord Marshal moving her hand towards her weapon, but giving no indication of aggression that warranted worry. Palm shrugged it off as a reasonable reaction after seeing a large wolf run through the tree line in their direction, and her focus was once more on the two lupines. She did not need the Force to see Gerwald's content, and as it was bound to that alone lifted her spirits too. The last time they had talked about his family there had been guilt and sadness, it warmed her heart to see that now there was happiness.

The geminaie offered her hand to the Imperial lupine, smile still on her lips and a spark in her golden eyes, the familiarity one held for someone who was not properly met but held knowledge about. "I am very happy to meet you Varick," She said, her eyes meeting with his own. Their eyes were perhaps the one thing that felt immensely different to the geminaie. Varick's were a darker blue and held a shade of green to them that was not present in the icy pair she was used to seeing - nor could she find that meaningful depth that she had learned to read in Gerwald's. "I've heard a lot about you."

mxt7ADg.png

Aithche smirked and shook her head in mock sorrow as the cocky young diplomat walked away. He had a lot to learn but that was part of growing up. Youth was wasted on the young. She wondered how much of that idealism was going to take a battering in the next few years. She decided against her better judgement to have another drink. She needed it after that.

She turned her attention to the real movers and shakers at the party. Her own Imperial Monarch was there, her royal highness Natasi Fortan, the Grand Moff Ariel Yvarro, and of course the omnipresent escort. The royal guards were picked for stature as much as skill, this one definitely had the former. What must it be like to be followed day and night? Never to be at peace. Aithche brushed aside her momentary sympathies for royalty and focused back on her drink. It was something she'd never have to worry about.

She kept her ears open while feigning disinterest. The gossip around her on one side was concerned with the fashion that the various VIPs were wearing. Something Aithche had never personally cared much for but it had its purpose. Another side seemed to be wondering whether this free trade agreement was leading towards something more. Now that was something she wouldn't mind hearing more. Always good to hear what the other side thought and it was a certainty they weren't as all blindly patriotic as her young interloper was.

Elisea Apollodor

E
om0bYYo.png
"Yes, certainly a pleasure to meet under more desirable circumstances." Added Elisea who hid her smirk behind her glass of water. "You know, I'm wondering if the Commander is around." A reference to Commander Kaia Marasigan FIMS' Chief Nursing Officer, and in Elisea's opinion a BAMF. The Chief Nursing Officer was always in the field and working to help anyone she could. "Also, if I may, more formally congratulate you on your appointment to Chief Medical Officer."
It was more than a prestigious appointment, it meant that the good Doctor Derzelas sat at the top of the health board, the ruling body of the entire organization. Essentially the Chief Medical Officer held the rank of Inspector-General of Medical Services and all the Vice-Generals of their respective practices sat beside Derzelas on the board, but it was Derzelas who reserved the right to overrule or reject policies, educational material, or anything that could impact the organization as a whole.
The position was virtually one step away from the Minister of Health.
Elisea remained close to her wife and gave a nod toward Shalita. "I certainly hope we see more of you at these events." An invitation for the Minister (unbeknownst to Elisea) to join at other functions. "Hopefully there will be a chance to speak again this evening or sometime in the future when we're not in the office." The smile was a knowing one, as the office, could be just about anywhere and involve them in a number of 'activities' to help the First Order or any number of the population within its commonwealth.

skin, bone, and arrogance

Natasi favored Devorah Verd Devorah Verd with a polite smile as the woman passed and made a note to circle back to her to pay her respects properly.

She was surprised when Dyrn removed his jacket and placed it around her shoulders. The garment dwarfed her utterly. It would have been ridiculous if it wasn't such a thoughtful gesture. She smiled her thanks up at her companion, then gathered the fabric and pulled it around her like a caped cloak. Idly, she wondered at what a launderer would make of it, detecting Natasi's perfume -- a clearly feminine mixture combining the subtle scents of Galidraani wildflowers, vetiver, sandalwood, amber and vanilla -- on a manifestly masculine guardsman's tuxedo jacket.

Two reasonable conclusions came to mind, neither one the picture of propriety. She chuckled inwardly.

"Thank you," she said quietly as they wandered along the banks of flora that lined the path. "I hope it goes without saying that I would never expect such an act of gallantry from you. You must tell me if you get too cold and need it back." Natasi paused and cupped a broad, lotus-shaped flower, leaning down as she lifted it up towards her face. She took a sniff, then released it and stood up. "That's not to say I don't appreciate it very much," she added softly, as if she was sharing a secret with him.

The Supreme Leader glanced up at Dyrn briefly, then shook her head. "No, this is my first time," Natasi confessed. "At least, to my recollection. It's beautiful, though. It's..." She paused and glanced around their surroundings to see who else was present. Apparently satisfied, she leaned closer and said: "It's unremarkable, as a world, isn't it? I mean, what does it have that a hundred other worlds don't have? And yet... events of great consequence took place here and were influenced by its citizens. Palpatine, Amidala, Binks. It makes you think. Hundreds of years from now, will people remember Galidraan in the same way?"

She paused and quirked an eyebrow irritably. "Well... not the same way, perhaps," she said darkly.

Natasi caught site of an orchid on the path and wordlessly exclaimed her pleasure, thoughts of Fortans and Palpatines momentarily forgotten. "Look at this," she breathed, crouching down. She carefully gathered up Dyrn's coat so that it didn't touch the stone pathway they were on. "I was never able to grow one in Avalonia, but I've seen pictures. I never saw one in person until now." The flower was faintly glowing, iridescent in the dimming light. She leaned forward to examine it further before rising to her full height again.

"I suppose you're not the only nerd around here," Natasi said casually as they resumed their walk. There was an amicable silence before Natasi canted her head to one side. "What do you think you'd be doing if you weren't doing this?" It was a question that she had been wondering about in the time since he had joined her service. With his strength and intelligence and abilities, the sky was the limit, but she wanted to know what his preference would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom