Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Reclaiming a Piece of History (The Family)

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
DuQZZUD4hpafOpRZcx832lb9FdJ76OfAG1p2BjqW_MM7Gog9Uuh1k_kcXkPkulh4kIy9DyiKofQzKqBfYnfomLwaCpp617_QYmrzLZDHr7L3WQQ8jfN_mQA4RZzecnqo55YmCpKmaq4zXuSDGDUOtHs

Pleased with her Family's performance in the aftermath of Lyran IV, The Donna has decreed a day of rest & relaxation! Ivory has arranged an outing to the Collective Commerce District (better known as CoCo Town); home to exclusive shops, the renowned CoCo District Theatre, and numerous old-style eateries. Following an expensive luncheon at one of her favorite restaurants, Ivory has arranged for a group visit to the renowned Galactic Museum, a repository which boasts the finest collection of artifacts & historical exhibits from worlds across the Galaxy. The museum itself is over 12,000 years old, and is one of the finest attractions Coruscant has to offer.

However, as one might expect, there is always an ulterior motive…

The Smuggler’s Guide, a diary & repository which is rumored to have passed through the hands of no less than 100 criminals over the centuries, has recently come into the Museum’s collection. It is said that every individual who has owned the book has added to it, expanding the underworld encyclopedia to include information on secret smuggling routes, hidden caches, secret safehouses, and more. With a little help from her Family, Ivory intends to acquire this book from the museum…

After all, what is a little family outing without some excitement?

stkH-yBC3lvdqkJhVujkFm0Z3Z69E5n0hrbN57oXE3t9xVC6R50gWD48ivQfRl_j38POYk5syWgxjnMl6eiP8G4HVmhS5F2Fv03mvDT4tlBcTfvNUyTQCX6Kf7ibbUDfZa_LLgLBpAhZwbWORkrhSro
The sights, sounds, and smells of Coruscant were all-but overwhelming. Overhead, an uncountable number of speeders drifted through the atmosphere; millions of beings from across the Galaxy, traveling to & fro on an endless dance. The kaleidoscope of colors & cultures was especially prevalent in Coruscant’s CoCo Town - a melting pot of old-world cantinas, shady bars, colorful shops, and a thriving music scene.

The Family had taken the morning to partake of a delightful five-course meal at a nearby steakhouse, with Moonveil footing the bill. Over drinks and smokes afterward, The Donna had gotten everyone’s attention & informed them of the plan for the day: First, a family visit to the famous Galactic Museum, and then (if everything went well) an evening of shopping & entertainment at any of CoCo Town’s numerous ethnic markets & clothing shops.

It was early afternoon when the Fiora Oracle AV drifted from the heavily-populated skies above toward the colloquially-named CoCo Town. Below them, Coruscant’s city streets streamed by at a blur. Anyone paying attention through the tinted windows could just make out tiny shapes moving through the maze of corridors & walkways; natives & tourists alike, intermingling in the melting pot that was the center of the Galaxy.

The Donna smiled at the group seated with her in the spacious passenger compartment as they neared their destination.

“Friends, you’ve all done excellent work in recent weeks. Our Family is alive & well - even in the face of death, we work together to accomplish our goals. Everyone has earned a little break…” With a nod toward the city outside their vehicle, she continued: “For those of you who aren’t familiar, the Galactic Museum has been in operation here on Coruscant for over 13,000 years. The building is one of the largest single structures on Coruscant, with exhibits showcasing cultures & worlds which no longer even exist.” She grinned, “I had the option of booking us a guided tour, but I thought better of that idea.”

“Please, everyone - stick close to your fellows. Pick a partner or two, and stay in contact with one-another. I am certain we’ll all be very tired by the end of the day.”

The Fiora Oracle AV drifted through the city, eventually pulling up to stop in-front of one of the largest structures in the district: a gargantuan building of strange architecture which appeared to have been added upon over many years & phases of construction. On the exterior walls of the structure, one could easily notice a handful of advertisements detailing specific exhibits: A new addition on the Vong War (now nearly 840 years in the past), and an exhibit showcasing the Coruscant Security Bureau’s history.

As The Donna joined her fellows in exiting the limousine, she took in the scenery before her; paying particular attention to the front of the gargantuan structure which loomed above them - an imposing monument to eons past & ancient history. A shiver crawled up her spine as she considered the job at hand…

She hadn’t told them everything.

But, she would.

When it was time.

Massive double doors made of carved wood (each likely weighing over a ton) stretching from floor to ceiling, but had been opened - allowing both light & noise to filter into the grandiose lobby of the Galactic Museum. The main entry was a rectangular room with the entry at it's southern wall. Opposite the twin sets of double-doors, just beyond what appeared to be a circular welcome desk staffed by a protocol droid, was a staircase leading to an upper level; while to the left & right on the first floor were hallways leading into two different wings of the museum. The entrance hall, itself, gave visitors a clear indicator of what to expect in the halls beyond: Covering every inch of space were beautiful tapestries, works of art, statues, and decorations from numerous alien civilizations & planets. Some were familiar. Most were not.

In one corner, a humongous Terentatek stood - frozen in time - with its vicious hooked fangs & claws appearing ready to descend upon unwary visitors who ventured too close. The beast's hide was blood-red, as if it had been captured & frozen moments after slaying its most recent meal.

In another corner, a holo-table clearly displayed a 3-dimensional representation of the building, and appeared to have a bank of controls which were accessible by visitors. An image of the museum's exterior was slowly rotating on its axis, inviting anyone to investigate.

Signs around the room displayed a number of different languages, but most were in Basic.

A handful of other sentients milled about the lobby, speaking quietly amongst themselves... but for the most part, Ivory & her crew were mostly alone.

As The Donna led the way toward the reception desk, she would busy herself with the business of checking in - leaving the others free to investigate.​

Objective: Explore some history
Tags: Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora and OPEN

Untitled185-20220717112228.png

Mairéad looked around the Oracle at the different members the Family as Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud gave a brief description of the museum they were all visiting. Ivory seemed excited to be bringing everyone here, and in truth it was nice to have a good day out. The last time she had ridden in a Family limo things had gone badly, she had teased Dominik Borra Dominik Borra a little, to hope he wasnt driving this time, despite the last incident being entirely out of his control. But this was a family, it was expected that they would keep each other on their toes.

Mairéad adjusted her bright yellow skirt as she crossed her legs and a champagne glass danced playfully in her hand over her knee. She turned to Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora sat next to her, "Apparently they have an original hand written copy of the Zygerrian slavers charter, wouldn't it be a shame if something were to happen to it." she laughed and took a drink, pushing some loose hair behind her ear as she spoke, the little tells giving away her affection for the Caporegime.

“I had the option of booking us a guided tour, but I thought better of that idea.”

"You are doing such a wonderful job at it, maybe thats your retirement option right there." she joked to the Donna, referring to her previous introductory spiel about the history of the building.

The Oracle came to a halt nearby the museum and everyone disembarked, it was a beautiful day and Mairéad admired the surroundings including the enormous structure, there was no way the could take in that entire place in a single time. When Ivory suggested they all partner off and stick together as groups she had a strange feeling, almost a premonition of trouble, why the caution if sticking together, it's a museum? Mai shrugged it off, she wasnt intending on wandering around alone anyway, this was meant to be a social gathering after all. After Ivory walked off to sign in and as a response to her suggestion suggestion, Mairéad looked at Marcella, "Fancy some company Miss Fiora?" she smiled sweetly "Is there any exhibits that take your fancy?" She gestured at a holo-sign on the wall with a huge long list of exhibits and she scanned a symbol that downloaded the information on to her own pad. They were going to need a map.

Equipment: 1x CRP-01 Rim and 1X Vibrodagger, both hidden

Jay leaned back a bit in his seat, a rare smile painting his face. No armor. Just some normal clothing with a bomber jacket over top. Maybe he didn't realize he needed this. He looked between everyone as Ivory began to explain the museum trip, smiling a bit again. It sounded like a good time. He looked at the others aboard the Oracle, smirking a bit as he took a drink.

"Seems like a few interesting things. Zilobeast scale. Mythosaur skull, and not just the signet. Real deal. An.... Imperial Beskar ingot.... How the frak did that stay...." He then heard Mairéad speak up. He shook his head a bit, speaking up.

"My B... Mom use to tell my if your memory's short, you'll make the same mistakes again. Don't get much longer than 12,000 years." He hoped no one noticed him almost slip into Mando'a, especially since he didn't want to answer those kind of questions today. He then heard about the tour, and Ivory's hope that would stick together, and maybe find a partner or two.

"Gotta agree. You seem really good at this. If anyone want to try and keep me from getting lost half way through this I won't mind the company." He helf joked as everyone walked off the Oracle, getting to take in the sight of the massive museum. He looked around, shocked at the Terentatek as he walked to look at it. Something even he wasn't crazy enough to try and tame. Powerful. Dangerous. He couldn't help but be in awe of it.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Open!

n5k5Oc5.png

{ open for interaction! }​

When Ivory mentioned pairing off, the headmistress scooted closer to Damris. Malcoma had never been quite so grateful that she almost always travelled with a companion; this way, she wouldn't have to mingle with any of the Family members. She knew it was wrong, not wanting to socialize with her own siblings in crime, but it wasn't like she hated any of them. On the contrary, she hated herself still for what she had done to them.

Her secret wasn't one she should have kept to herself, not matter how good-intentioned it had been.

Since the conclusion of that fateful conference, though she had distanced herself from the Family in a social aspect, she hadn't been able to manage to let go of her bodyguard's proverbial arm. When it came time for her to step out from the Oracle onto the museum's landing, she took to it physically. He took the opportunity to lead her over to the advertisements.

Silence passed between them, and the rest of the Family passed by them, as they studied the posters. After a few minutes, Malcoma glanced over at Damris' profile, then followed the invisible line of his gaze to one particular poster.

"You miss it," Malcoma said, for it did not have to be a question.

"No."

"We're trying to be honest now. Remember?"

He sighed at her side. "I miss it in theory. Before I knew Coruscant's Best were actually a bit chit."

Malcoma had no energy to laugh at that. Had she not used half of her current tube of concealer before leaving for the steakhouse, the bags under her eyes would have looked like miniature black holes opening on her face. All of her power was being used up maintaining her posture. "Yes. Right. I'm sorry, darling."

"It's alright." One of Damris' hands glided over hers. He gave a gentle squeeze a moment before looking over at her and smiling. "It will be alright, Malcoma."

Then they stepped into the lobby.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Had teased him about him driving the limo around on their vacation day on Coruscant. He laughed too until he pulled the keys out of his pocket and gave her a look with a smile. "Don't worry. If anything happens, I'll make sure to actually drive out of the way of any missiles this time. And you'll freeze any that I miss. You won't let anything happen to Marcella while she's in it, I know it." He said, giving a knowing wink before turning to climb into the driver's seat.

The five-course meal at the steakhouse was quite delicious, getting enough meat to chew while also having many different kinds of animals. Exquisite stuff. Though he was around for Ivory's announcement of the rest of the day, as the driver he had already been told. Neither did he participate in the smokes or drinking. He didn't smoke, and he had to drive. While some of the family smoked in the back of the limo he had air circulating where he sat to keep it off of him.

From the way Ivory said it though, how she could have gotten a guided tour but didn't... was suspicious. Why not the guided tour? Let people wander off as they may? They could do that anyhow, but the guided tour also kept an employee of the establishment watching over them at all times. Did she not want the supervision? And she wanted nobody to be alone, to pair off and keep in contact with one another. And they'd be tired at the end of the day. Museum? Pair off? Be tired? Ivory was wanting to steal something. It's how he would set it up, anyway. He wouldn't say anything to anyone yet, but kept an eye out for alternate escape routes in case they got chased out of the building. He wished he had more on him than a simple holdout blaster and a slug throwing handgun. At least he was wearing armored business wear, to keep his somewhat-casual look but also protect him after what happened that spawned this vacation.

A while later he pulled the limo up in front of the Galactic Museum. He had been here once before, though not to appreciate history. He made a mess of an exhibit using the brain matter of another man. Good thing he hadn't been caught on any cameras or he probably wouldn't be let inside. Museums had a good memory, as Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred had said.

As they all walked in the massive doors, he, like everyone else, couldn't help but stare at the massive beast on display. It was impressive that someone had killed it and kept something like that in such good condition. As far as he understood these creatures, you pretty much had to bombard one from orbit to kill it.

"Jai, lets stick together." He said, standing by the man. He didn't know much about him, and this could be a good way to rectify that. There was also the Made, Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse , and her bodyguard. Dominik was good at reading people and what subtle clues meant. Something was between her and the rest of the Family, even Mai who was just as new as he was. Malcoma kept her distance, and there was a mix of shame in the way her eyes moved. He wasn't sure if it was shame for something she had done... or something she was about to do. He'd walk up by the couple, obviously more than just a woman and her bodyguard, and smile. "Mind if Jai," He'd gesture to the man, hopefully following him, "and I accompany you, Made Malcoma?"
Untitled38_20220618210611.png

Last edited:
A museum, in broad daylight, with a number of Family members, including Stroud herself. It was interesting to say in the least. Every single ringer in my head was going off. Ms Stroud had a plan for something. Even directly mentioning a Guided tour, but instead had a better idea. Hate to say this of any of the Family members, but they are criminals. Having a good day out like this as a group was not normal. Never would be. Now if it was a night out at the clubs where it was just for fun? Sure. here? No. Not happening.

Well, with that in mind, I reached down to my vambrace. Already starting to prepare if we needed something extra. Moving into the main opening chambers of the establishment, Everyone seemed to be kind of getting together in groups that they were accustomed to. I'd be the odd one out it seems. Made sense. Mandalorian who never took his helmet off, and always had some kind of weapon on him. Wasn't really the one to talk to when the armor was a physical wall of "Do not fuck with me."

More over, I bore no emblems upon my armor. Just Mando. Just me. Having once been a flagbearer for a group in the past, I didn't feel like wearing everything on my shoulder. I paid no attention to the various exhibits directly around us. Enticing those who have never seen such things before. Yet, a lot of this I had seen. Terentatek. Massive beast that were hunted by the Jedi, yet seem to still be found literal eons later. Their aptitude to live in places of the force and thrive off of it alone, allowed them to be very powerful. Hell, some even used their remains as weapons and armor. The blood effect though? Garnish for those who might see it as not that scarry.

While others met up, deciding to go to other parts of the Museum, I thought I might as well give it a shot. Closing the distance to Ms Shroud, It was a very simple question, with possible difficult answer.

"What are you planning?"

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

[Ket's Soundscape: Dawn of a New Day]

usjvIzs.jpg

The Old Wolf was seated within the luxurious confines of the AV, next to the Donna herself as was his custom these nights. His job within the Family was two-fold; the first was not required during this little sojourn. At least that's how Ivory had made it seem, but the Lupine took no chances, subtly adjusting his slugthrower's holster under his coat. The second, however, was always required. He kept watch over the Donna. Not that she needed it, mind you. No, no, he did it because it allowed her the freedom to concentrate on other, important business without having to worry about what might be at her back, ready to sink it's proverbial teeth into her neck. Especially when he had much sharper teeth than most. Still, he was sat there, one leg crossed over the other, ankle to knee. Quite roomy, this he thought quietly, taking a drag off of a hand-rolled cigarra.

It was then, as he tipped the cigarra to a rather ornate ashtray, that Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud began to speak of their outing today. Tapping it once or twice, the ash fell as the tip glowed brighter for but a moment. She spoke rather eloquently about long dead cultures, and fascinating objects from all corners of the galaxy contained within it's walls. But, there was something she said that struck a chord;

She grinned, “I had the option of booking us a guided tour, but I thought better of that idea.”

The moment those words passed Ivory's lips, he knew immediately this was no fun little sightseeing day-trip. After all, no one in her position has only a singular goal in mind in anything they do. That's the way it's been for anyone in a position of power. Ages ago it seemed, when Ket wielded great influence over others and commanded thousands, he too would always have a plot within a plan within a grander idea. These nights, however, he preferred not to have the target so obviously upon his own chest. It seemed all the usual suspects were here today. A few of their associates had taken their leave after luncheon, and he could not blame them. Museum trips were not for everyone, and some had no sense of appreciation for history. Others, so much so they almost needed to hold history in their hands.

He had inklings of ideas about this whole trip within his own thoughts, but wisely kept them to himself. It seemed Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus was fawning over Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , a normal sight these days. They made quite the handsome pair, and to each their own. Dominik Borra Dominik Borra was piloting the limousine quite well, an accomplished operator, even if the last limousine was still a smoldering pile of repulsorlifts and twisted metal. Not really his fault, now was it? His compatriot from the Lyran IV operation was also in attendance, Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred . He seemed more relaxed than normal, and Ket shared a look with him for but a moment between him speaking to Mairead and Ivory respectively, nodding lightly. Jai had a very good point; this particular museum had a memory spanning eons. Ket recalled his first time coming here, the imposing Terentatak that stood within the entrance always made him smile a bit, and he thumbed the lapel of his floor-length
black leather coat as he did. A rather sordid tale, involving himself, a protocol droid, two Gamorreans, a Zabrak assassin, and a rather ancient lightsaber from the days when they were first invented thousands upon thousands of years ago, and had powerpacks attached to them. Perhaps he'd regale them with the tale one day, but not today. There were a couple others, those he did not know as of yet; Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse , a made woman in the organization, and Tarre Priest Tarre Priest , a rather gruff looking and silent Mandolorian. Always with the Mandolorians, it seemed as of late. Such is life, it is as it is Ket thought quietly.

Soon enough, they reached their destination as the AV touched down in front of the familiar front doors, massive wooden structures themselves within the frame of the absolutely colossal building. Soon enough, many of the associates, made men & women, and members of the organization begun to file out of the AV, walking toward the massive doors. Once the last of them had exited the limousine, Ket stepped out, and paused a moment, surveying their surroundings before stepping aside so that the Donna could disembark. As Ivory made her way into the Museum's entry foyer, he walked next to her, perhaps only a foot behind in step to her left. Soon enough, the rest of the Family began to split up, wandering toward different areas of the museum proper. As they crossed the threshold into the museum proper, Ket had to look up, to take in the sight of the stunningly imposing main hallway, with it's giant twin statues that seemingly held the entire place up upon their shoulders. Ornate, and impressive as always.

mNW6Ivk.jpg

It was then that the Mandolorian approached Ivory, and Ket shot a look at him. Cold, sapphire blue eyes practically drilled holes in the man's helmet, but the Old Wolf kept himself from saying anything that might derail any "activity" Ivory had planned before it even began.

No, he simply kept watch... not uttering a single word.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
After a brief conversation with the Protocol Droid attending to the Galactic Museum's front desk, Ivory stepped away from the counter, rubbing her palms together in a gesture of excitement. Within touching distance, her now-constant shadow brooded silently - watching over not just herself but the museum; a silent sentinel. Ket Van-Derveld, tall, dark, & handsome in his long leather coat, graced her with an icy stare - which she met with a grin. Now with some space between herself and the museum administration desk, she felt comfortable enough to relax; craning her neck to make an accurate check of the position of her people.

The conditions of their visit were simple: No guided tour. They were free to wander & explore the library as they liked. They'd be attended to by droids if necessary, with a handful of sentient employees who wandered the great archive as guides & specialists in particular areas of the museum. As her associates conversed among themselves, Ivory made a momentary check of each - Malcoma & her ever-present bodyguard Damris seemed engaged in hushed conversation with Dominik & Jai'galore Gred, and Marcella & Mairead appeared to be inspecting the nearby holo-map of the massive establishment.

As she was taking a headcount, one of their recent additions joined The Donna & her Lupine Enforcer; a Mandalorian clothed entirely in non-descript armor, known as "Tarre", or "Priest". The stoic walking armory of a warrior had given them a brief bit of excitement, but had proven himself enough that Ivory had taken a chance on him...

She felt Ket bristle at her side as the helmeted figure asked her a simple question:

"What are you planning?"

The Donna turned toward him, paying no outward attention to her bodyguard's prickly disposition. Rather than attempt to deny anything, her ruby lips blossomed in a charming grin - flashing a set of perfect teeth. The question clearly amused her, and she chose not to hide it. Clearly, she was pleased to learn, her subtle machinations did not convince everyone.

Before she would answer, she looked at Ket - evaluating his demeanor, pleased that he seemed along for whatever she'd been orchestrating. Then, she turned to address the suited figure standing beside her:

"I know where I'd like to begin." She stated. "Let's join Mairead & Marcella at the map, get a lay of the land..." She paused long enough to look, once more, in the direction of the two ladies a short distance away. "...And then, I'll tell you."

Then, The Donna would lead the way.

Weaving between tables of trinkets & souvenirs, Ivory allowed herself to glance in awe around the building before them - acting the part of a tourist easily. Her excitement & expression of wonder wasn't faked, in the slightest. A few moments later, she would approach Marcella & Mairead from behind; reaching out to lay a hand on Marcella's shoulder, giving it a friendly squeeze. The Donna would casually look over Mairead's outfit - subtly approving of the woman's sense of style. The female Solus had already earned a few glances from the other patrons of the museum, and Ivory couldn't blame them for admiring the view.

"Ladies." She grinned, winking at Marcella with a smile on her face. "I see you two are getting on. I'd like to check the map, myself. Have you decided where you'd like to start?"

Ivory would then approach the map table herself, studying the controls for a few moments until she figured out how to operate the holographic 3-dimensional map. She was relieved to realize it had been designed intuitively. It took her only a few moments to find the sections of the map she'd been searching for.

On the large screen before them, the map of the Galactic Museum shifted in a kalaidascope of light, zooming in & refocusing as Ivory scanned through a list of locations & points-of-interest until she settled on the one she'd been searching for.

Hovering above the map, a name of a specific section of the museum was displayed plainly in basic:

"The Smuggler's Grotto."

A quick check of the Map Legend would indicate this particular section of the museum as the beginning of an entire wing dedicated to the Criminal Underworld across the Galaxy. To reach it, they'd first have to pass through a section of the museum labeled "The Galaxy At War", which held an immense selection of death-dealing artifacts, vehicles, and historical pieces from warlike societies stretching back for centuries.

Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Tarre Priest Tarre Priest Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Last edited:
Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A

'She'​

Following a rather lovely yet expensive luncheon with her fellow associates of Kosa Nostra, Marcy' and her fellow associates-in-crime were in for a treat~ a visit to the Coruscanti Galactic Museum, an exciting prospect for those with a vested interest in the history of the galaxy; yet there was a specific reason for their visit.. a particular journal with a great variety of tips and tricks passed down through a number of well-known criminals, and soon to-be their boss, the Donna.
eD0ETyp.png

Smirking in the Oracle AV as the boss finished her briefing, as she knew what was coming, she lit a cigarra before turning to converse with Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , "
Hmm.. that'd be a shame.." Marcy' coyly grinned at the prospect of heisting such a prolific piece of history, "what did you 'ave in mind for it?"

As the ensemble of criminals departed from the AV and began meandering towards the museum entrance, Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus had once again caught her attention, "
'course! I wouldn't mind payin' a visit to that charter, perhaps?" she grinned, "must be quick though, just in-case.." she pointed at the holo-sign, knowing full-well what they were there for.

Once inside the museum, Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud moved ahead to take care of the groups admission by the reception while the pair continued to inspect the holo-map, though they were soon to be joined by Ivory and her personal entourage of Tarre Priest Tarre Priest & Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld . "
Boss," she smirked, "we were thinking 'of payin' a visit to the Zygerrian exhibit," she grinned in a way to indicate that the pair perhaps might be up to something. "Figured out where you're off to yet?" she quizzed as the Donna inspected the map, wondering if she had found the way yet.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Dominik Borra Dominik Borra , Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld , Tarre Priest Tarre Priest , Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse .

Last edited:

Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Tarre Priest Tarre Priest

She laughed at the response from the Dominik Borra Dominik Borra as he accepted the good humour before the all entered the museum together as a group. She would have asked for a group photoshoot as a memory if she didn't picture it one day being in a little bag marked "exhibit A". She smirked a little at her own visual image, the ruthless gang members brought down by a selfie.

"My B... Mom use to tell my if your memory's short, you'll make the same mistakes again. Don't get much longer than 12,000 years."

"I appreciate the sentiment that we shouldn't forget the past, and if the chits weren't still making those mistakes anyway I'd agree." she smiled at him, she knew what she meant, erasing history could make things worse but this was personal.

Now in the large atrium she was pleased that Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora seemed to be on board with whatever plan she had. She supposed now she had better come up with a plan, or else look amateurish in front of her more experienced family members. She couldn't help but notice the subtle notes from the likes of Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld and Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud directed towards herself and towards Marcella, it was respectful but it worried her a little, maybe.

As they stood discussing things at the map she replied to Marcella "I had a little look at the security in that exhibit, if we can get it out, then great, but I'd be happy just to see it wrecked, if that isn't too crass of me." she laughed, it was a crude solution based on petty revenge, but she couldn't help it. She thought Marcella knew her well enough by now to trust her not to do anything stupid and wreck a wider mission. "Frozen water pipe should do it, remember the mess that pipe on Lyran IV caused before I froze it?"

Mairéad would wait quietly and allow her superiors to hand out any more information or give further guidance, there was certainly something going on that she didn't know about, but she could roll with the punches and adapt, now was time to just enjoy a lovely setting that would have been far beyond her reach before.

The two women walked off to enjoy the Zygerrian exhibit together and see what the possibilities were. Mairéad was fairly certain that this would be a fun but fruitless escapade but she wasn't too bothered. Once they were out of earshot though she wanted to have a quiet word with Marcella. "That stuff doesn't bother you does it? I mean the little nods and winks from the likes of Ket and Ivory? You have worked hard for your reputation and I would hate for anything I have said or done to impact that?" She smiled sweetly and then looked away, not wanting to make too big a thing of it all, it was just something that had played on her mind and not for the first time. "I think the exhibit is this way.."

Jai looked at Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , shrugging a bit as he did. Maybe she was right. He was a beast tamer and bounty hunters, not a historian. Still, wouldn't stop him from enjoying the trip. So here he was, looking at the massive beast. Jay was in his own world until Dominik Borra Dominik Borra spoke up. He looked surprised for a second before he finally responded.

"Sorry... think that dang droid's rubbing off on me. Yeah. Works for me. Anywhere you wa...." Jay then looked, noticing that Dominik seemed to be looking at Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse . He tilted his head a bit, following behind at his fellow Family member to the Made, keeping a slightly further back position. He kinda understood why someone would want to be a bit more... away from everyone. The hunter himself wasn't usually around the others outside his crew, though the times he'd worked more directly with folks hadn't been bad. Then again, his reasons were more slowly building trust, if for no one else than himself, than... whatever reason someone who was a Made would have for being distant. He would nod, though he noted that it was the second time he said Jai. Maybe it was just him being paranoid, especially since it was similar enough that he could just be mishearing. He'd just wait for what Malcoma had to say though.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Tarre Priest Tarre Priest Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld

n5k5Oc5.png

{ Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred }

"Mind if Jai and I accompany you, Made Malcoma?"

"Of, of course not," was her forced, but sweet, reply. In the meantime, she stopped walking and let go of Damris' arm. "It's Dominik, right?" Introductions had been made before present Family members had gotten into the car, but Malcoma had not paid them her full attention. Her mind was on that pesky shame that he had so keenly picked up on.

She hadn't taken care to hide it, though. Since she had gotten it, she had been wearing it like a polished brooch on her dress.

"What shall we go see?"

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"Boss," she smirked, "we were thinking 'of payin' a visit to the Zygerrian exhibit," she grinned in a way to indicate that the pair perhaps might be up to something. "Figured out where you're off to yet?"

The Donna paused from her study of the map, turning just her eyes to look between Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora & Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus . Now, she was studying them. A chuckle rose from her throat, but she didn't ask any questions. A distraction was what she needed, and if the two young women were preparing to cause some trouble, all the better.

"Yes." She said, pointing at the map for Marcella's benefit. At the same time, she would wave Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld & Tarre Priest Tarre Priest in closer. "Smuggler's Grotto. It's one of the larger sections... we have a bit of a walk ahead. You boys should have fun exploring some of the weapons & armored vehicles of the past few generations."

Then, she lowered her voice significantly - speaking just loud enough for only her immediate companions to hear: "Spread out. Be excited. When I have it, you'll be the first to know." At that, she looked directly at her Capo.

Then, she broke away - bringing the Mandalorian & her faithful Lupine bodyguard with her; making conversation as they drifted toward one of the hallways which would take them further into the grand museum.

HlLr6G6.png

Immediately, the trio was swallowed by the sheer immensity & complexity of the exhibits - immersed into the history and the passage of time. The Donna had been relatively "mum" about her purpose at the museum today - with only Marcella being aware of her true reason for the visit - but now, as she, Ket, and their own newfound Mandalorian began their trek into the section of the Museum which contained artifacts of war, she would explain:

"There is something in this museum that I am interested in acquiring." She explained in hushed tones, fingers interlaced in front of her. She couldn't help but admire the decor; signs indicating separate sections dedicated to the Galaxy's war-torn planets & regions, a map of the Galaxy indicating places where great battles had been fought, and a mural (quite the art piece, indeed) of a marching troop of Imperials treading upon a desert landscape which slowly metamorphosed into a luscious forest & grassland. On one corner of the mural, in a small village of thatched-roof hutts, a little girl sat petting a small animal which looked like a baby Nerf. In the opposite corner, the same village appeared to have been burnt to the ground; reduced to smoldering ash & ruins.

"There is a book..." Ivory continued, pausing long enough to study the mural for a moment. "An actual book, in the museum's collection, known as The Smuggler's Guide. I want it."

She flashed a wolfish grin at her companions, then moved on from the painting.

"And you two are going to help me."

The scent in the air had changed. As the trio passed the small area reserved for remembering those long-dead & wars past, one could begin to detect the familiar scent of gun oil, cold steel, and oiled machinery. It was an industrial smell - like the scent of a weapons-factory in full swing. Except there were no weapons being produced.

As they rounded a corner, the trio found themselves facing an open archway... and beyond, an armory spread out before them.

Racks of weapons, encased in glass cages which were undoubtedly individually climate-controlled, mixed with an assortment of armored vehicles, tanks, troop-transports, and old (but familiar) speeders which had been used across the Galaxy in numerous campaigns. The Donna paused for a moment, awe-struck by the sheer size of the display. Though she'd heard stories, even she was entirely unprepared.

The Boss of The Family was, strangely, struck by a sudden moment of giddy excitement - like a child suddenly let loose upon a warehouse of sweets & toys with nary an adult around.

She glanced at her escorts, first one than the other.

"Wow." She breathed.

Then, she would lead the way into the museum proper, curious to uncover whatever secrets it might hold.

For the moment, her mission would be forgotten.

Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Dominik was slightly alarmed by the Mandalorian just walking up to Ket and Ivory like that. Maybe Mai's joke about his luck driving the limo was spot-on comedy. But he knew Ket's propensity for violence, and Ivory seemed completely ok with his presence. Still, he was ready to draw if needed. It wasn't needed, and the Mandalorian seemed to join her. She definitely wanted something out of this trip. The rest of the trip was just a smokescreen.

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred spoke of a droid. Dominik wasn't sure what droid he was talking about, but the man joined Dominik as he approached Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse .

"That's right, I'm Dominik." He looked to her, Damris, and Jai and Malcoma's question. Then he glanced at Ivory at the holomap. Whatever she wanted, she hadn't told them. Them being out and around the museum might have been part of her plan, acting like actually interested visitors. He didn't know how much he liked not knowing potentially life-altering or life-ending plans, but sure, he'd play along.

"Well, I for one am fine wandering and discovering whatever I come across. What about you three?"

Untitled38_20220618210611.png

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A

'The Curse'​

Holding her chin as she listened to Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus 's plan of attack, she responded after considering her proposal, "sounds good, are you sure we don't want to.. take it though?" she whispered in a hushed tone, not wanting to let anyone know of their plans.
eD0ETyp.png
Then her attention returned to the Donna as she spoke, smirking at her comment as she understood the purpose of their visit~ the pairs mini-heist would be an ideal distraction for the main objective, and it seemed that they both understood that.

" 'ave fun!" she retorted to Ivory and her entourage, grinning as they meandered off. "After you," she offered as the pair also broke off from the group to begin their own little adventure; Mai's comment made her chuckle slightly, "No, 'course not," she paused as they passed a small group of people, "they know who I am and what I do, nods 'n winks ain't gonna change anythin' " Marcy' explained as the pair continued to meander to their destination, " 'aight, I'll follow you."

"How 'bout you? does it bother you at all?" she quizzed, fully aware of Mai's hints and flirtatious actions, "are you not concerned they'll think you're schmoozing up to a boss?" she smirked coyly, indicating that her subtle flirts didn't go unnoticed.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus , Dominik Borra Dominik Borra , Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld , Tarre Priest Tarre Priest , Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred , Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse .

Jay looked over at Malcoma and Dom as they spoke. He was sorta ok with being quiet for a bit and listening. It wasn't until the hunter heard the question on whether everyone was good with roaming for a bit, Jay stopped and thought. He did have some stuff he wanted to see for sure, but if the others wanted to walk around.... Well he wouldn't mind.

"Did see some exhibits that looked interesting, but I'm ok either way."

Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse

Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred Tarre Priest Tarre Priest

Mairéad pondered the option, could they take it? It was a genuinely exciting prospect. "That certainly would be taking control of a part of my past wouldn't it, stealing that document.... maybe, we'll see. I would hate to do anything too obvious and throw off whatever the Donna has planned." a distraction was one thing, but a large smash and grab might have alarm bells ringing.

"are you not concerned they'll think you're schmoozing up to a boss?"

"Interesting, I suppose they might..." she blushed lightly but smiled contently. "Truthfully... I don't care what they think, maybe it'd be different if you or the Donna suspected that, but I'm willing to bet I wouldn't be the first to try and play that game and would probably already be regretting it." She laughed, Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora was pleasant company, and it was refreshing to just be honest and be herself. She was also glad that the Capo understood her interest, it helped to avoid misunderstandings.

This wing of the museum was quieter than a lot of the areas, slavery was an unspoken truth throughout the galaxy, so many nations had banned it, but still turned a blind eye to it. Mairéad felt angry that so many people could just be forgotten, there was a light chill to the air that could be mistaken for a breeze, but Mairéad knew it was her emotions beginning to rise. "The apathy towards such a horrible part of life hacks me off" she said aloud, as they walked past different implements of the trade. Just the sight of the zygerrian detonation collars made the hairs prick up on her neck.

Eventually, in front of them was the document, a yellowing piece of paper nearly three feet tall, behind a large sheet of glass. Ancient Zygerrian handwriting, a language that Mairéad understood, detailed the first laws that condemned millenia after of slaves to the life Mairéad had only barely escaped from. Mairéad breathed deeply as she ran her fingers along the glass reading the words. A light condensation formed on the glass as her touch cooled it. She was becoming better at controlling her emotions, but this was a challenge for her. She looked across at Marcy as she mouthed the words to herself in Zygerrian, she was glad the Capo knew what this was to her.

"So how do we get this out of here." Mairéad laughed with strength in her voice, having decided what she wanted, but it was impossible to entirely hide what this meant to her.

Last edited:

n5k5Oc5.png

{ Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred }

Malcoma looked up to Damris, wordlessly asking for his opinion.

"If something has already caught Jai's eye," replied the bodyguard, "then I say we start with that."

Yes, and then they could wander from there. Who said that there couldn't be just honor, but democracy, among mobsters?

Malcoma's gaze slid over to Jai'galaar and she forced a smile. "Lovely. Lead the way for us, doll?"

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Though the immense section of weapons & war-memorabilia was a treat to explore, The Donna still had a much more important target on her mind...

After a short while, she gathered her two companions and led the way down the long warehouse; glimpsing a sign hanging from posts on the ceiling indicating "This way to The Smuggler's Grotto". The trio left the smell of gun oil and steel behind as they crossed from one section of the museum to another.

The Smuggler's Grotto was a very different "vibe" from the monument to War-culture they'd just passed through. The lights dimmed considerably, and instead of a large warehouse, the majority of the Grotto's exhibits were erected in smaller rooms connected by corridors - with each separate section decorated to match a certain theme... but of them all, Ivory was most interested in one specific section:

A large room in the very center of The Grotto had been designed to resemble a backwater cantina. A handful of chairs & tables, painted to appear stained by years of heavy use, were available for visitors to sit, and one long bar-front ran the length of the far wall. No bartender, sentient or automated, would interact with visitors; instead, one had to walk behind the bar themselves to purchase a soft drink or bottle of water from a cooler. There was no alcohol available.

Arrayed on the walls, set in glass display cases, hanging above the doors, and in the hallways were numerous examples of life as a frontier smuggler on-the-run: cobbled-together blasters rendered inoperable, a display of different types of restraining bolts & control collars, a display of vials and containers described as having been used to smuggle illicit substances like Rhyll and various types of Spice, clandestine devices used to conceal said vials (such as a small crate with a false bottom) and other assorted items from antiquity.

Ivory could tell, immediately, that the more recent & specialized means her Syndicate & others relied upon were much more advanced than the days of old.

At the very back of the cantina, a large glass case had been sit into the wall and was brightly lit - illuminating the back of the room. Within the glass case we're a handful of items the museum must have deemed "valuable": a non-operational sensor-scrambling device which could be held in the palm, a rare set of tools used for slicing older tech or picking locks, and a worn black vest hanging on a manniquin - with a brass name-plate claiming the vest once belonged to some infamous smuggler from centuries ago.

Sitting prominently in the very center of the display was, peculiarly, a worn bundle of flimsy papers held together by tightly-wrapped string. The front cover of the book looked stained and dirty, and one corner was scorched & blackened as-if it had been left too close to a fire. The color of the book was brownish red; as-if it had been dipped in blood which had long-since dried.

The Donna approached the glass case, ignoring everything else in the room. She leaned in close, reading the small placard just below the book. She read the words aloud:

"The Smuggler's Guide, a recent addition to our collection, has passed through the hands of countless smugglers and criminals throughout the ages. Nobody knows who began archiving the secrets held within, but scholars believe that it was started more than 2000 years ago. It is a chronicle of life on the run, and contains information on secret hideouts, stashes, and planetary features from across the galaxy which would have been useful information to anyone living that life. Excerpts are available at the gift shop."

The Donna leaned back, an amused sparkle in her bright eyes and a grin on her face. She glanced at her companions. "I think we can skip the gift shop this time around, what do you think?"

Then, she began to look around the room, searching for anything that might indicate an alarm pan l or signs of anti-theft sensors.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Ket Van-Derveld Ket Van-Derveld Tarre Priest Tarre Priest Dominik Borra Dominik Borra Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom