Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion of Denon

Geral Varta said:
And by plan, I mean lacking in any measurable means of victory or defeat, thus complicating the entire matter. Are we allergic to sitting down and talking to each other to hash out details that will only serve to mutually benefit our writing?

3. Once a Rebellion nears its completion, the Minor/Major Faction Leaders involved in the Rebellion must convene with each other and decide on the victor. If a decision cannot be made, a Roleplay Judge must be privately contacted and he/she will make the final decision.

Martika Varta

Senator, Umbara; Committee on Civics & Infrastruct
[member=Tefka]

That typically goes without saying, though one could argue that an agreeable set of measures (be they objectives or merely PvP wins) offers a much less debatable resolution, reducing OOC conflict and potentially eliminating the need for RPJ's to begin with.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

The zoo! So we may battle among the mighty animals!!

[member="Tefka"]
[member="Geral Varta"]

Drama and what not will ALWAYS be there. If you don't like the rules set for the Rebellion...dont partake in it.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
wildcard-gif.gif

Martika Varta

[member="Romeo Sin"]

The goal is not the elimination of drama, merely the appropriate and efficient handling of it. These are not unattainable goals. Additionally, you should never push other writers to remain quiet about their concerns, as long as they convey them in a productive and amicable manner.

[member="Geral Varta"]

If you were suggesting I washing pushing you, I am sorry you took that way, but it was not how I meant my post to be taken. I probably should have chosen my words more carefully, but, it doesn't mean my suggestion is the wrong suggestion. If you think drama in the thread isn't going to be dealt with properly, or you feel like it's going to be headache. Dont get join it. Or, join it, and make sure you and your partner in writing have clear communication.

The Republic blundered (?) by accidentally (I guess?) posting that 110th post.

If you want to remain safe in your tier 1 major factions, control your members. In this case it was the FO who did it, but I don't think he was aware.

Still, this looks interesting. Rebels, rebels everywhere!

The last I'll say on that, because it's off-topic, is that implying that individuals may get banned from a faction, or otherwise forced to stop their role-plays because a faction owner dislikes the fact that their faction cannot hold up to a rebellion is probably indicative of 1) the weak base of said faction and 2) a contradictory attitude to the spirit of Chaos as is laid out in various policies and the purposefully limited rules and restrictions in comparison to other, similar RPG boards.

[member="Romeo Sin"], hope that answers the ?. If you want to talk about it more shoot me a pm.

:)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Geral Varta"] - What you are noticing is called espionage. And yes. It happens and it's okay. In fact, it will always be in the best and highest interest of conflicting Factions to sabotage their opponents Tier 2 Doms. So while you might be inferring that calling these rules "Rebellion" is strange, when we should probably be calling them "How to F with your opponent 101", it's really not anything we shouldn't have expected.

And if you're wondering if this is somehow against the spirit of the game? It's not. :p

[member="Romeo Sin"] - Da zoo it is! We ride at dawn! :D

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
It doesn't seem like it needs to be this complicated.
If they want to call a rebellion, and they follow all the rules as they have, then they can rebel.
Meticulously planning this out like an invasion goes against the spirit of a rebellion. Just do it, and what happens, happens. Stories are about people writing together, not nitpicking every last detail until no one even wants to bother anymore.

Martika Varta

Darth Orcus said:
Yeah, nothing a member loves more than having his story controlled by a faction owner because "We can't lose the map game."
I'm approaching this issue more from an angle of "What best facilitates RP for all involved?" After taking into consideration personal storylines, faction narratives, and small group stories, etc, I've typically reached the conclusion that the discussion of general aspects is an overall benefit to collaborative Role Play. You don't need expansive rule sets in order to collaborate, the two are not mutually reliant.

My concern regarding the rules of Rebellion as they stand are that I feel they contradict the intention of "rebellion," which is an attempt to excise the established authority by a native force. This speaks of small batch efforts against major factions, not so much the overt use of force by one major political entity against another. I'm reminded of the American destabilization of Afghanistan in order to draw the Soviet Union into conflict there. While American influence was certainly present, it was covert, and came in the form of supplies, finances and intelligence. As it is currently structured, "Rebellions" are merely redundant Invasion rules, and as such don't actually add anything to our RP experience, much less a new way to "play the game."

I simply feel that a more accurate structure of these "Rebellions" would reflect a limited scope of major faction involvement with minor faction efforts against an established Dominion, that's my piece. ^_^

The Black Hat said:
Stories are about people writing together, not nitpicking every last detail until no one even wants to bother anymore.
Nothing motivates me to RP quite so much as an entire objective being dedicated to killing me, subsequently prohibiting me from writing stories with my character in the future.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Geral Varta said:
...I feel they contradict the intention of "rebellion," which is an attempt to excise the established authority by a native force.
The Sith Assassins are a Minor Faction with ~90 members. Their express intention in this Rebellion is to destabilize the governing authority. The GR. Because, they are Sith Assassins.

There is no concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom