Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion of Denon

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Vornskr said:
He wants to usurp the title of Disney Princess from you.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Romeo Sin said:
[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I mean, unless your up for a stroll in the park or zoo?
giphy.gif

Hark. Do I betwix a challenge to mine honor fair Horatio? Nah. But I bite my thumb at you sir! Dust the ground and chime the priest's frothy skirts. I shall sally forth to met mine adversary on the field of fuzzy battle. What what.

[member="Romeo Sin"] Speak fiend. Park or Zoo. And I shall appear! Winner of this duel shall be crowned as the prettiest Princess of them all. :)

1. If the Faction bumped it up to Tier 2 without the involvement of non-Faction members, then the Vong joined in and bumped it up to Tier 3 - this is when the age limit begins. The day it qualifies for Tier 3. Then it becomes open to Rebellion.

2. Dominion players have been told they can complete their stories in threads outside of the Dominion. There is no requisite for you to complete a story in a Dominion. Dominion are map threads, they are not inherently story threads. The pendulum swings both ways, you can't complain about map rules (rebellions) affecting the outcome of this thread if you expect to make gains (dominioned planets) on the map. Again, if the Faction was reaching for Tier 2, the faction leaders should have been aware of the possibility that a group would try for a Rebellion.

3. Again, the thread age limit begins on the date the thread reached Tier 3. Tier 2 does not factor towards Rebellions.

4. Rebellions do not require terms to be dictated, Rebellions do not require factions to discuss things, Rebellions do not require diplomacy.

Unless someone points out a player that was not a member of the Faction during the time the thread only qualified as Tier 1, or any other rule of the Rebellion ruleset that has been set forward, this dominion qualifies for a Rebellion and the declaration of the Rebellion is legitimate.

The thread's prefix will change from Dominion to Rebellion.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Oh you knew I couldn't keep my sithly fingers away. Denon is far too tasty a dish.

I am open for a PM thread to address any issues as they come. However, I do not feel an invasion scenario is necessary.

The objectives are based on the dominion objectives and what my own read-through, with a twist befitting of the Sith Assassins. As they stand, they are mainly guidelines to give writers a place to start, with a dash of propaganda to make it fun. If you would like to further enlighten me about the story of how Denon was brought into the fold of The Republic I would be willing to read through it.

@Everyone

Wow. This thread gathered speed like a hyperactive pit-droid on a swoop with defunct brakes.

Lastly, I understand that some members might join factions to help bump them up through Tier 1 to Tier 2. Staff plans on actively addressing this, but we will do so with a critical mind. If you feel your faction was the target of meta-bumping for Dominion tiers, please provide Staff with a indepth report and names and we will investigate.

Events will be allowed to proceed organically until such an incident is found in violation of our general board rules and the spirit of role-play within our community. I strongly urge all members to abide by the rules and the most golden rule of them all: Don't be a dick. If you have to ask whether you're cheating, or whether you're doing something wrong, you probably are. Contact Staff prior and get. it. clarified!

However, it is ultimately on the Faction Leaders (Faction Owners/Faction Admins) to control who joins/participates in their factions.

Martika Varta

Senator, Umbara; Committee on Civics & Infrastruct
Lorelei Darke said:
Indeed.

Rebellions are not invasions nor are they meant to run like one. Pre-negotiations are not required.

Go with the flow and write a good story. Have fun guys!

Sounds like a plan.

And by plan, I mean lacking in any measurable means of victory or defeat, thus complicating the entire matter.

Are we allergic to sitting down and talking to each other to hash out details that will only serve to mutually benefit our writing?

EDIT: Doing so is clearly not a requirement, but I feel the design we have for this "rebellion" so far goes entirely against the spirit of rebellions in the first place. What this is is simply major faction invasion by another name. lol I thought the idea of rebellions was to give minor factions a way to punch up at major factions? If so, this is a hilarious bastardization of the spirit of it all.

Lastly, and I only mention it because I didn't see it addressed, but I feel we should set a start date for this event that proceeds the upcoming Togoria invasion, which starts tomorrow for us. That should better facilitate writing on both sides, and reduce stress over all on writers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom