Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Purifying Nature

f020584b4c9f5a0a1f76fc7195df8faf.jpg
Objective: Corrupt the Forest
Dialogue Legend: “Galactic Basic” │ <”ur-Kittât”>
Attire and Equipment: Black Cheongsam (w/o Eye Mask) │ Blixus-pattern Shock CollarJin'Wodasir - Pins of ProtectionSupernal InfusionElectro-Whip
Tags: Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Purity manifested.

While there was still much work to be done, particularly in areas where the Ashla’s putrescence had proven especially stubborn, Vestara VII was thus far pleased with her work. Only a week before, she had committed herself to the task of cleansing the Orange Moon Forest—a small, yet ancient woodland known for its supposed beauty, the orange-red hue of the native plant life, and the relative uniqueness of the native fauna, many of which could not be found anywhere else on the planet. The locals treasured the region to such an extent that they had passed laws to ensure its protection from industry and pollution, so that future generations could enjoy the forest as their ancestors had.

And yet, while the forest was outwardly beautiful, Vestara could only see the Ashlan rot festering in its nexus, the aura of which encompassed the entire area, corrupting it from the roots in the soil to the air high above the canopy.

It had been all she could do to hold her stomach upon her arrival.

Nevertheless, the healer had persisted. She had drained one creature after another of their essence, harnessing the energy to power her deep meditations and thereby changing the nature of the forest. Before long, a looming shadow was cast over much of the woodland’s Light. Naturally, it hadn’t taken long for her work to get noticed. The Hapan had already seen groups of people taking samples, seeking to uncover why the forest was changing so quickly. In doing so, Vestara had sensed that they did not appreciate her work as she did—a realization which only intensified the fires of her anger.

They had wallowed too long in the putrescent boils of the Light to see the gift she had bestowed upon them.

Vestara sensed that she would need to show them the error of their ways. For the moment however, the healer took the opportunity to embrace the small shadow she had carved out within the forest, by meditating within it.

It was her first victory here, and she intended to savor it.

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Objective: Investigate
Equipment: Skinsuit, Flight-suit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear
Weapons: Fusioncutter, Lossa's Lightsaber, Concealed Blaster, Nasty-Stabby
Ship: Flying the YZ-1408 "Skiptown", The Buzzard haphazardly magnetized to hull, V-2 Minimech 'Skid'
Tags: Vestara VII Vestara VII
2pttoeJ.png

She had set down for a simple supply run. It wasn't contested space as far as she was aware, and supposedly there was an area that was uniquely beautiful to the planet. Enough to pass laws about anyway.

Once she'd secured the delivery of her return cargo, she set out to sight see in this iridescent wonder as the locals described.

Another set of locals however had warned her about strange changes within the forest. Something almost malignant appearing within it and leaving behind bodies of otherwise healthy animals. A detail she found rather disturbing given the supposed tranquility that had been promised at the depot.

"I mean. I can take a look. Not making any promises. I'm not some master or anything but I can take a look." She waved a hand towards the small team that had been leaving the forest on her way in. Irritation at the change in her sight-seeing turned good deed for the day.

Once she was far enough away from the team she took the chance to stop. Taking a glance at the holomap on her wrist, and sending a message to Skid with the change of plans and to keep an eye on the ship. If things were bad here, she was sorely missing the sealed helmet of her suit.

"Bet it's just mating season for some abandoned sith-spawn." A frown punctuating her grumbling observation as she stretched and sighed.

Grumbling the entire time she spent walking what seemed like footpaths around the wooded area and indeed seeing some beauty to it.

At least until she felt the darkside creeping into it.

A long pause was taken with the unease she was feeling. Being spoiled enough to have limited interactions with the malignant side of the force had her drawing up short straws on what it could mean to feel it here.

Squinting this way and that as though she might see some strange device causing the trouble.

Walking a distance before checking her own emotional state before tracking her way back to better guage the severity of that strange feeling before feeling confident she found a solid direction to follow after towards a potential source.

"Tally-ho... I guess." A resigned sigh finding her pushing deeper into an unknown path forward as the feeling of unease grew steadily.

2UT5QVI.png

Attire and Equipment: Black OutfitBlixus-pattern Shock CollarSupernal InfusionElectro-WhipEC-17 Hold-Out BlasterG1 OmniLink

In the middle of a small, lifeless clearing, Vestara VII prayed—a litany of devotion spilling out from her lips in whispered ur-Kittât. Knowing no higher power in the galaxy than the Eternal Father, the healer dedicated the island of Bogan she had crafted within the forest to Him. It was her small part in furthering the Eclipsing Mission—the great crusade to remake the galaxy in His image, thereby cleansing it of impurity and sin. Naturally, the Orange Moon Forest was only a beginning. Perhaps one day, she might be strong enough to cleanse the entire planet.

It was only then, as she began another litany, did her senses flare in warning. In her meditations, Vestara had developed an attunement with the forest, allowing her to better perceive when people entered her domain. It didn’t take long for her to realize that this individual was different. They were not a scientist, ranger, or civilian, but rather, someone steeped so far within the Light’s corruption that they could wield it as an extension of their will.

A Jedi.

Vestara opened her eyes and stood up onto her feet. Feeling the Jedi closing in on her domain with purposeful intent, the healer decided that for the moment, she needed to refrain from revealing her true nature. With that in mind, she moved to the chest she had hidden nearby, containing rations, bags, survival gear, and other personal belongings. Upon her arrival, she quickly changed out of her dress, into something more casual and discreet, complete with a jacket tied around her waist, a backpack slung over her shoulders, and a small holdout blaster.

Trusting that the ambient Darkness permeating much of the forest might serve to conceal her nature, Vestara took a deep breath before waiting for the Jedi to arrive.

As the Jedi entered the clearing, she would find the short Hapan woman gazing at a hologram projected from the device on her wrist. Sweat dampened her brow, pale features set in a mix of confusion and apprehension, before suddenly shifting to alarm, then relief as the Zeltron approached.

“Oh, thank the Force!” The Hapan exclaimed. “I was trying to get a hold of someone, but my comm isn’t returning a signal out here. Do you know a way back? Wait, please don’t tell me you’re lost too! I thought this place was supposed to be beautiful, but it’s downright terrifying! Have you seen the creek? It’s full of dead fish!”

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Flight-suit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Discreet Hearing Enhancer - Left Ear
Ship: Flying the YZ-1408 "Skiptown", The Buzzard haphazardly magnetized to hull, V-2 Minimech 'Skid'
2pttoeJ.png

Expecting another being out this way was far from her expectations. Encountering some strange beast or plants ranking much higher, making the anxious glancing about for something abnormal nearly miss the Twi'lek that appeared in front of her.

A sharp hissing of garbled words at the surprise of something seemingly normal.

The jumbled explanation of this and that playing on the sudden rush of adrenaline that had nowhere to go now. Her sense of the force skewed by the ambient dark side as she nodded and shook her head to the questions.

"I know a way out. I'm not lost. Came to look around actually." Nearly continuing on until the creek of dead fish came up.

No one had mentioned that yet.

"I can lead you out. Could you show me the creek though? No one said anything about the creek." Half asking as she cleared herself from the brush and checked their surroundings.

Eyes moving back to the Twi'lek before moving beyond her.

It wasn't polite to stare and she'd be caught dead before she got called on it. Making a mental note to look into getting the outfit for her own wardrobe later.

"Lossa, by the way." Clearing her throat and mind of distracting thoughts.

2UT5QVI.png

Attire and Equipment: Black OutfitBlixus-pattern Shock CollarSupernal InfusionElectro-WhipEC-17 Hold-Out BlasterG1 OmniLink

"I know a way out. I'm not lost. Came to look around actually." Nearly continuing on until the creek of dead fish came up.

No one had mentioned that yet.

"I can lead you out. Could you show me the creek though? No one said anything about the creek." Half asking as she cleared herself from the brush and checked their surroundings.

A wicked smile manifested across Vestara VII’s pale features.

“Oh Force, you just have to see it!” The Hapan piped up, an eerie, yet peppy enthusiasm coloring her tone. “Like it’s terrifying, but in an invigorating way, you know? Like watching a horror movie, but you’re in it!” She prattled, before unleashing an excited, girlish squeal that echoed in creepy fashion across the clearing. “Here follow me, I’ll take you to the creek, it should be this—no this way!” The Hapan pointed towards the east, then the west, before setting off towards the latter direction.

"Lossa, by the way." Clearing her throat and mind of distracting thoughts.

“It’s nice to meet you, Lossa. I’m Alyssia.” She replied. “Also, feel free to judge me, but I definitely got lost here because I was…” The Hapan cleared her throat. Curious.” She stated, while tapping away at the screen of her OmniLink. “I took pictures of some of the dead animals I passed while hiking earlier. Want to see them?” Suddenly, the Hapan invaded Lossa’s personal space, thrusting her OmniLink into the Zeltron’s face to show her the dead bird on the device’s screen.

“Look! Isn’t that disgusting?!” She exclaimed, visibly shuddering in what could be interpreted as pleasure, disgust, or an unholy combination of both.

“And don’t worry, I didn’t touch it!”

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

2pttoeJ.png

The strange inflection of the Twi'lek's tone might have worried some. Lossa figured this being was a fan of the Factual Crimes series on the Holonet. Then again she had come across seldom few that weren't given the odd happenings in the galaxy.

"Lead the way." Not that her prompting was needed by how excited she seemed. A strained smile appearing at the attitude this was being approached with.

Wondering quietly to herself if the dark side feeling was altering the woman's behavior or if this was just the usual. No one had mentioned any odd-balls wandering the woods. So it seemed she had the great fortune of being the one to find the oddly fascinated being for the day.

The explanation about her being lost only drawing her to conclude the woman likely had a job that lined out with what was happening here in the first place.

The picture of a dead bird not exactly grabbing her attention the same way it seemed to grab Hirani's.

"That's. Neat. Did it-Did you see anything strange about how it died, or just... that? It just seems like, everything's. Starved itself, I guess?" She didn't quite have words for the phenomenon. Otherwise healthy seeming animals keeling over wasn't a natural thing for sure. And that lingering dark aura only seemed to grow, making her more agitated.

"That's probably for the better you didn't touch it. I guess no one's figured out what's happened. Or what's happening. Have you. Seen anything like, strange?" Quickly adding more as she realized everything about this was strange. "Like a creature I mean. Something, or maybe someone wandering around?"

2UT5QVI.png

“I couldn’t begin to guess. It must have been sick. That said, I’m sure the forest will recover. Who knows, maybe something entirely new might come out of this!” Vestara piped up, her tone optimistic and peppy to such a degree that even the most talented actors would find it difficult to replicate.

Something stronger and more pure, the Hapan finished silently to herself, leaving the thought unspoken.

“Have I seen anything strange?” She repeated, in response to the Zeltron’s question. “Hmm…now that you mention it, I saw the most adorable tooka kitten with these absolutely giant horns on its head! Unfortunately, the mama hissed at me and carried it away before I could take a picture. She didn’t have any horns though. I thought that was strange.” Vestara said, a slight frown coming over her features.

“Why do you ask?”

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

Given an answer she wasn't entirely hoping for, Lossa couldn't help the displeasure at the lack of leads she'd been given for this whole adventure.

The sheer amount of cheer that drew close to excitement in Hinari's tone drew a concerned look. It was formerly a neat attraction, muddled and dark from that lingering presence. It wasn't a destination that she would assume to find someone this peppy in. A quiet wonder given to the Twi'lek if she was entirely present or Mynock's were chewing on the power cells.

The offending dark side aura making her skin irritable and itchy.

"Well. Hopefully. Nature usually has a strange remedy for what ails it." Came the sighed reply, trailing behind the other.

Then came the tidbit about the Tooka.

"Horns? Like. Solid horns and not its ears? That. Hmm." She had to put effort into speculation, mind clouded with agitation with no outlet.

Their ears looked like horns, but if a kitten had developed something like that. Well. That didn't just happen overnight. Meant whatever was happening had been going on for a bit. And without a solid lead on exactly what that was, she was just grasping at straws.

The question posed back knocking her from thinking.

"Well. Whatever happening doesn't seem natural. Like its corrupting the area. And if it's affecting the wildlife, that's even more concerning." A frown forming as she glanced around. She wasn't thinking straight. And the deeper they went it felt like she was being surrounded. An offensive pressure all around her and making her anxious.

"I. Hmm. Told the locals I'd look into it but, I think I need to call in someone a bit more knowledgeable." Pausing long enough to consider walking back. "I can take you back and make my calls. You didn't seem to pack much so probably best to get you back and checked out also."

2UT5QVI.png

“Like real, solid horns. You could have reached out and grabbed them!” Vestara replied.

Seeing the Zeltron’s concerned expression, Vestara offered a playful smile—further adding to the conflicting array of sensations that were clouding the Jedi’s senses. However, when she suggested calling for someone else, the Hapan immediately piped up to correct her.

“No wait, we’re almost on the creek. You absolutely have to see it. Please, I insist.” Vestara flashed a wicked grin. This time, theHapan wasn’t lying. The sound of flowing water slowly grew louder and before long, a bend in the path turned into the creek, which by more resembled a small river, full of murky water and aquatic vegetation.

Of particular note, the smell was rancid—the scent of dead or dying fish and various other amphibians filling the heavy air.

And yet, life persisted.

“Look!” Vestara said, as she pointed to a nearby log. Upon shifting her gaze towards it, Lossa would find a frog-like creature with small protrusions on its head feeding cannibalizing another frog—one that lacked the same horn-like protrusions and most disturbingly, was still alive through the gruesome process. “Oh Force, I have to get this!” The Hapan grinned as she pulled out her OmniLink and began to record the macabre scene.

All the while, a large, swamp gator-like creature swam stealthily at the bottom of the murky water, quickly closing in on the shore where the Hapan and the Zeltron were standing…

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Flight-suit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
holicslastbreath.gif

"Feth." A small word that contained the bundles of growing conflicted emotions in her.

Worry about what was happening. Wonder in the same breath. Anxiety about whatever was affecting the area. The strange Twi'lek no one had mentioned. Animals passing and changing their genetics.

A lot had settled on her shoulders alongside the mounting dark presence.

She wanted to urge against the trip to the creek. But that sensation of wonder drew her further rather than pushed her away. Giving into the request she followed behind with a shake of her head.

"Alright. Let's go see before heading back. It'll add to my report at least." The Path eventually leading to the water source as she wrinkled her nose before quickly covering it altogether.

"Fethin chit! That. That's absolutely foul." Words pushed out behind her hand and regretting opening her mouth. The air tasted foul, and she gagged as the Twi'lek drew her attention to a nearby scene of a frog devouring another.

Abstract horror left her staring blankly.

"Ho-boy. This. Yeah. I gotta-" Words cut off as she tried to make sense of the growing sense of danger. It pressed against the offensive feelings already present, confusing her senses as her hand moved for-

Hesitation froze her hand between the holster and lightsaber.

Breathing irregular with the foul taste in the air and senses muddled, she couldn't discern which was better suited for the moment.

"I. I think something is coming our way." Her eyes wandered around the area, trying to see through the brush before looking back and forth along the trail. Slowly glossing across the water with a nagging disbelief something was present with all the fish being dead.

2UT5QVI.png

“It’s just the smell of decay. I’m sure this place will smell much better by the time it’s all finished.” Vestara answered in a lighthearted tone as she continued to record the cannibalization. She could not pass up the opportunity to see such a visceral display of the purity of the dark side emerging triumphant over the anemic, degenerate light. As such, the Hapan seemed to disregard the Jedi’s warning, opting instead to move closer to the macabre scene and by extension, the shore of the small river as well.

While Vestara was not yet strong in the Force, she too, had sensed what was coming. There was no one who had a more intimate link to the Orange Moon Forest in its present state than she did.

“Oh, what’s coming?” Vestara asked offhandedly, as if she were inquiring about the weather.

All the while, the swamp gator continued to stalk along the bottom of the murky water, closing in on its prey. Then, sensing the proximity of its target, the creature came to a brief halt, before launching itself above and forward with vigorous strokes, kicking up a small amount of mud from the bottom of the river as it did. Moments later, the gator’s massive, crocodilian form breached the surface in a veritable explosion of water, its powerful jaws held wide open as it flew towards the Zeltron, intent upon snatching her by the legs!

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

Equipment: Skinsuit, Flight-suit, Jacket, Left Bracer, Plastoid Shingaurds, Mix and Match Harness, Left Ear
holicslastbreath.gif

The mention of being finished threw her off balance further. Thoughts askew at what that could possibly mean as that feeling of danger grew to a harsh buzz in her mind. The only sign of impending trouble a slight ripple across the water.

Something she missed as she turned to the Twi'lek with a horrified stare.

"Finished? Do you-" Her head cocked slightly. Did she know something about what was going on? Why would she-?

And the question after a reminder that not everyone had the same sense capabilities of a jedi. Even one as lowly as Lossa when she made to explain the sensation. But the tone was wrong in her question. Everything about this felt entirely wrong. And that blasted dark side presence kept rattling her focus. Her irritation beginning to form into anger as a step forward prompted her outburst.

"Something. Something is coming. A dangerous something. And you seem to-" Words cut short as the water exploded and her hand grabbed for a weapon on her hip. The sharp clink of metal against her palm as she ripped something from her side.

Her feet faster than the rest of her body with an awkward hop backwards, bent at the waist. One arm thrown instinctively outward to deflect whatever the strange thing was and finding her left arm latched onto with a vicious crunch.

She screamed, loud and angry against the thing holding her now.

Whole body bent against the tugging of this strange beast as her mind whirled with an attempt at explanation. Another strange beast. Wrapped in the dark side. To further add to her dulled senses. Her right hand shot out, jamming the metal into the things head blindly until the second handle made itself known.

The surprise of what she'd used making her strength falter for a split second.

The brief hesitation all the creature needed to upset her balance as she felt the teeth loosen before settling further and into her left shoulder. Her body drug forward and hand still tightly wound against the knife handle she'd buried into the spot between its eye and maw. It drug her back towards the water, trying to drag her away as she used the hold it had on her to roll her body around in the mud and against the drag. Feeling the harsh pain of something wanting to give in her arm before the she felt the trigger of the knife against her fingers once more.

The worry of her own arm against being dragged to the depths a short lived one as her fingers tightened around the trigger. A sudden warping of the space between herself and the beast pushing them both away from each other with a forceful shove as the creature awkwardly shrieked and Lossa was thrown against the bank with the maw of the creature still tangled into her left arm and shoulder.

The bank offered little in support, and the sensation of pain grew in her limb. The initial shock and adrenaline beginning to wear thin as she tried to right herself. Woozy and disoriented, she had little worry about the Twi'lek as she tried to pry the maw off her left side.

2UT5QVI.png

For a moment, the dark healer simply watched the scene play out.

A terrible scream tore free from Lossa’s throat as the swamp gator latched onto her arm with its maw of sharp, piercing teeth. Even with Vestara’s lack of proficiency in Force Empathy, the Zeltron’s pain was something she could draw on and harvest for later. In the meantime, she watched the ensuing struggle with all the eagerness and bloodlust of a spectator at an arena. In doing so, Vestara could not help but to silently cheer for the Jedi. She had naturally strong emotions and in spite of her innocence, had great potential. While Vestara knew that she would never unlock her true potential as Jedi, she also knew that it would be a shame for her to meet such a gruesome, premature end at the jaws of a beast that would only use her as a quick snack.

A great shame, indeed.

Just as Lossa was thrown against the bank, Vestara sprang into action. Her electro-whip coiled and snapped to life, before lashing out to strike the swamp gator across its snout. The creature let go of the Zeltron then, a pained roar tearing free from its maw as Vestara struck it once more, then again, driving home her point and thereby, compelling the swamp gator to turn tail. Before long, the creature dove back into the creek and the two women were left alone on the bank.

Upon turning around, Vestara nearly grimaced.

“Oh, ouch.” The healer purred as she took in Lossa’s mangled, bloody arm, before a soft, fluttering giggle escaped from her lips. “That looks bad, doesn’t it? Looks like I’ll have to heal you now, hmm?” Vestara rolled her eyes, before daintily pulling out her pistol and setting the weapon to stun with deft, manicured fingers. “That’s a shame.” The Hapan finished.

Then, taking aim, she fired a blast towards the Zeltron’s chest, intent upon knocking her out.

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The buzz of the electro whip in the air did little to help the adrenaline pumping through her system. Slowly wearing off, along with the shock settling in, she still had the knife in her hand as the Twi'lek spoke. Her tone grating sharply against the nerves that were already frayed and worn down.

Lossa's whole body aching and singing with pain as she snapped.

"Hinari. I don't feel like the-" Her irritation cut short by revelation of healing her. The effort of taking the latched mouth off her arm cut short as she peered over her shoulder to see the blaster pointed her way.

Exhaustion would weigh on her later. Adrenaline pumping once more as memories of fear and pain danced along the surface levels of her emotions.

Everyone around her had experienced war. Had danced with the strange sensations of impending danger and the had the focus to narrow their awareness to the cause. She'd been foolish about trusting so easily. And that had quite literally bit her for her lackadaisical attitude.

The next set of words spoken had the pained shoulder thrown towards the Twi'lek, flopping Maw and all as Lossa rolled towards the woman in a desperate attempt to deflect what she thought was a kill shot.

The Stun shot hitting dead flesh as Lossa tried to literally bowl the other woman over with the remains and her own body. The Force seeming to stutter against her tumultuous emotions of fear and survival. The rolling falling between a flailing full body throw and cannon ball roll.

"You!" She couldn't get the words out. Couldn't express her frustration or anger at being deceived. Even if the topic had never come to the point of openly lying. She still felt bitter and resentful as the pain in her shoulder mounted with the rolling.

2UT5QVI.png

Vestara gave a frustrated grunt as the stun shot hit the dead flesh on the Zeltron’s shoulder. A clever defense, but one that Vestara anticipated would only serve to buy time.

Time that the Zeltron would soon run out of.

A panicked charge was initiated, no doubt an attempt by the Zeltron to leverage her advantage in size over Vestara, while also making her electro-whip useless. Even so, Vestara was not yet worried. She was a blessed child of the Eternal Father, crafted in His likeness and afforded a measure of His perfect strength—strength enough to lift a small landspeeder, in spite of her unassuming stature and build.

The Jedi would find that out the hard way.

As the Zeltron moved to bowl her over, Vestara shifted her weight low, dipping beneath the charging Zeltron before throwing an open-palmed strike at the woman’s left knee, intending to upset her balance in doing so!

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The charge was short-lived. Her own efforts at bowling over the smaller being met with an alarming amount of agility. The small Twi'lek shifting out of the way with ease. An ease that drained Lossa's effort with shocked surprise as her mouth opened to express the moment of surprised angered only to emit a new sound of pain.

The strike connected with her knee in the midst of her initial surprise.

Weight unbalanced as she tumbled forward and shouldered the stuck jaw on her shoulder. The teeth digging in once more as pain outweighed the adrenaline, her fall with no sense of grace in a tumbling flop over end.

Her back landed with a solid impact against the mud and hard ground beneath it. Vacuumed in place as she tried to pull herself up in desperation. Fear gnawing at the corners of old training begging for her to keep her senses about her. An echo reminding her to keep her balance rather than give into the emotions that permeated the area.

That had slowly crept into the sense of her mind and began tinting the power beneath her efforts.

She struggled against the mud keeping her in place, adrenaline dying with the efforts as her breath came in heavier with each gasp against the solid blow of landing flat on her back.

Her free arm pushing against the ground and sinking as she made to stand.

2UT5QVI.png

It was time to end it.

“Weak!” Vestara hissed with no small amount of frustration in her girlish tone as she powered on her electro-whip. “If you want to keep playing this stupid game while I'm trying to heal you, then I.” As she spoke, the Hapan twirled her whip, before swinging it towards the Zeltron’s chest with a sharp crack as the tip broke the sound barrier. “Will.” Then, came a second swing. Crack! “Make.” A third. Snap! “You.” A fourth. Crack! “Suffer!” Then finally, a fifth.
Crack!

Last edited:

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

The snap of the whip overhead was too much. The hand trying to free her whipping to her ear as she tried to cover the exposed left ear to the sound. It made her vision vibrate. Double and triplicate appearing in the world as the first strike landed. The flight suit cracking and buckling beneath the hit.

The shield fizzled, not operating nor able to operate as the harness it was attached to split.

The second strike breaking through the minimal layers and winding her. The air forcibly pushed from her lungs as her gut clenched into itself and brought back a familiar feeling. The fear heightened now as the third crack and the following pain resonated throughout her chest.

The feeling of choking on nothing filling her senses with anguish. She couldn't scream, the effort draining her as she fought against her own body. Words never forming as the fourth crack buried her deeper before the force of the hit drew her upwards with the whip.

She couldn't tell if the whip was cracking or if something in her own body had given way. The constant and sharp sound of that unyielding whip catching what little attention she had to give.

The sensation of the push and pull tossing her equilibrium out of sorts as the world spun. She could hear the crackling draw away from her. But it helped her senses in no way as it withdrew for that span.

Colors swam together, vision distorted and her limbs felt detached. Far and away from her control as she tried to navigate her own body. She didn't feel the fifth hit in full, the dark creeping into her vision as it connected. The final crack drawing her down into a forced sleep as she audibly choked against the air trying to push into her lungs.

Her throat shut tight as the muscles there went awry, and her body tried to save itself with self destruction. The only free hand she had having clasped around her throat in a final panic before she lay there, staring blankly at the sky.

Still, and silent.

2UT5QVI.png

Attire and Equipment: Black Cheongsam (w/o Eye Mask)│ Blixus-pattern Shock CollarSupernal InfusionElectro-WhipCS MicroLab 06BG1 OmniLink

Perhaps her resistance had been for the best.

Vestara’s nerves were set alight as the Zeltron suffered and collapsed beneath the strikes of her whip. The rippling echoes of her pain in the Force was like spice to an addict as the healer drank them in, reveling in their saccharine flavor for the sheer pleasure of doing so. And yet, she dared not drink too deep, for fear of losing control. She needed Lossa broken, not dead. Not to mention, she knew that those of impure blood—born isolated from the blessings of the Eternal Father—were often more fragile than those who were born within. She could already feel the Zeltron’s strength waning to dangerous levels, but at the same time, that was also a good thing, for pain was the scalpel of creation.

And so, after deactivating her electro-whip, Vestara moved to Lossa’s side and placed a hand on the Zeltron’s neck. Drawing on the pain she had drank in only moments before, Vestara used a spark of that energy to stabilize the Zeltron via the dark side. Then, with unnatural ease, she picked her up and carried her into the forest.

Kainate_Header.png
Five Hours Later

When Lossa came to, she would find herself waking up inside of what appeared to be a sterile white clinic.

The Zeltron had been hooked up to various monitoring machines and tubes, feeding her just enough IV fluids and nutrients to keep her condition stable, yet still frustratingly weak. Her wounds had been thoroughly cleaned, debrided, treated, and bandaged, though they had yet to be healed. In addition, a very, very low dose of painkillers had been pumped into her system, keeping her in pain, but cognizant enough that it was somewhat bearable. However, if Lossa was perceptive enough, she might find that the clinic was rather makeshift at its core in spite of the clean appearance and was set within the converted passenger bay of a small shuttle.

Most significantly, she had been restrained to the bed via stun cuffs placed around her arms and feet.

“Sleep well, Jedi?” A girlish voice sounded out from the front of the room, preceding the appearance of its owner, who emerged from out behind the sliding door while staring at a compact medisensor device. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long. I think we have a lot to talk about…” Vestara purred as she approached the bed, glancing down at her patient with some amount of pity in her expression.

“And don’t worry. I’ll give you something else for the pain in a few minutes. Just hold on for me, okay dear?” She added as a wicked grin flashed across her features.

Last edited:

L5Wz4fu.gif

NotNybs.png

holicslastbreath.gif

She woke with a gasp, as though air was running out and needed the last draw to exist a bit longer. Waking from her dream as her limbs ached and burned. Wounds reminding her of what reality was and had been.

She hated that dream. Her first waking memory turned nightmare since it always left her fumbling for any sort of detail or context when it came.

Her discomfort bleeding into the real as she took stock of her situation.

Her body twisting to get comfortable until the buzz of warning gave way to a shock that made her teeth grind and chatter. Grimacing, and turning her head about to put a name to the place she found herself in. Unable to get comfortable and reminding her that she had lost not one, but two fights back to back in some way.

Her lungs burned with anger as a dull pain thrummed in her body.

Uncomfortable, but not unbearable. At least that was what she kept telling herself as she tried to adjust herself on the cot. Her strange surroundings seeming more and more like the insides of a ship as her vision settled. The general construction giving her hints more than anything. Her peripheral giving her little as she tried to keep from getting shocked more.

She felt that familiar burn in her skin finally atop all the other sensations. An IV buried and keeping her going with something. Not good enough really given the continued burn and aches she felt.

Her shoulder especially. But it seemed all but healed from what she could see.

The voice drawing her attention as she sneered and angled her face up to try an see the little terror that had knocked her out. The question thrown her way making her eyes roll as she snorted and throw her hips to the side to try and ease the ache in her lower back.

Was the cot short or just her perception of it?

"Like the dead." Her tone bitter as she kept herself from twisting to see the Sithling better. A grunt all the more she was willing to give as the Twi'lek spoke further.

"Mmm. A lot to talk about? Seems you have more interesting work than interrogating a knock off like me." The words they exchanged followed with the Twi'lek approaching and sharing a look that sent a spike of rage deep within the core of her being.

She'd seen that look plenty of times from her childhood. And it had followed her well into now. The look making her fight through the pain, making her anger spike from the core of her being and press outward and narrowed its focus to the little sithling that looked down at her.

She wanted to wipe that look off her face with whatever it took.

"How kind." Her words carrying a heavy edge to them as she dared press against the cuffs in willingness to endure to see if she could free herself. Even if she couldn't get away, she wanted to pay the little sith back at least.

Wanted to never see that expression again as the ambient dark side slowly swirled around her and pressed against the faltering light.

2UT5QVI.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom