Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Punk Crawl [Darkwire]

"Like, legit monsters," Ruby said. And she nodded slightly when he said he'd seen scary stuff too. She wasn't sure why'd she'd brought it up in the first place. But maybe everyone had seen some scary chit in their lives. Was she trying to prove something? Or was it simply small talk? Because she had no idea what small talk really was, all she knew was that she hated it.

As they reached Frankies, her eyes darted about, not really knowing where to focus – anywhere but on Johnny. "Uh, be right back," she said and walked briskly into the parlor. Ruby let out a breath as she checked. For some reason, she felt like clutching her chest like an old person. It felt tight. Ruby wasn't sure why, but maybe it had to do with someone... being nice to her for a change.

After a few moments, she reappeared. "Okay, we can go now," she said. Ivory was already at the Saloon, so she didn't want to keep the other woman waiting for too long.

Ruby eyed Johnny out of the corner of her eyes as they walked the corridors. "So..." She found herself feeling curious. "Like, how did you join us with us?" Of course, she meant the Shadowrunners. "I don't remember seeing you around before Peyton's class." It felt like he'd just simply materialized in the room. Had he been around? There was definitely a chance she didn't remember seeing him before. But, for many reasons, the class was memorable.

The Saloon was just up ahead, and she nodded towards the door.

"And... you can just order me whatever." Ruby decided to put her trust in him, at least as far as drinks went.

Johnny Diamonds Johnny Diamonds and comin' your way Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

The ancient hyperdrive of the Darkwire flagship rumbled and shuddered as the Samhain's Derelict tripped back into normal space around Altier, making one last rumble as the smoother sublight engines took over. The junk world lay ahead, with normal and illicit traffic going about their business, only tepidly overseen by the Customs & Border Patrol division of CorpSec. Its singular outpost in the system concerned itself only with collisions or aggressive activities, training its cargo scanner on a nearby asteroid.

It benefited the Corpos to turn a blind eye here as much as it did for Darkwire.

"We're at Altier, Captain, all systems green."

The Vultan Captain nodded once, confirming the same on his end. He pressed a button on a nearby console, sending his signal out to the whole ship. "Attention Darkwire, we've arrived at Altier. We'll be here for a short time to take on some deliveries and more of you—" the Vultan wanted to say punks, but the better term came out instead, "—Shadowrunners. By no means should you let the junk peddler Grexi onboard, throw him out the airlock if you find that Rodian nerf herder wandering around decks. If I find anyone letting him onboard, I'll throw you out the airlock, too."

He chuckled, letting his finger off the button. "That should put the fear of the Galaxy in them. Ol' Grexi's not so bad, if I hadn't caught him being far too interested in the engine section last time he was aboard." The Vultan muttered, running a hand through the fleshy folds on his hand. "Too much in there at arm's reach..."

"Uhh, Captain? Intra-ship is still engaged..."

"Kark!" The Captain slammed a fist down on the console, finally killing the signal to the rest of the ship. "I thought you said all systems were working?!"

"Well, not that one, sir. Or the hyper-lifts. Can I get you a caf, that's still working!"

The rest of the bridge crew took the same cue to look busy or flee the Captain's curmudgeonly wrath.

"It's a great plan, isn't it?"

Daiya didn't care if the Shistavanen thought so, too. He seemed busy nudging his transport ship into the ancient vessel's hangar, and the air in the cockpit hung quiet. Too quiet. The teen thought she remembered that line from a holo-flick somewhere, in between her efforts to fill the space with something comforting. "I was on this ship before, like way before, you wouldn't believe how fething creepy it was. And now it looks brand, spanking new!"

If she squinted, at least, it looked newer. Less shabby than most of the ships the young shadowrunner had flown on before. Which wasn't many, and even fewer could count among those she had wanted to fly on. Daiya had been apprehensive about the flagship before putting her plan into motion, and it took a few shots of the local rotgut plus the anti-nausea meds to settle her stomach for the death trap rattling beneath her feet.

At least it was almost over.

"I heard about all the renovations and changes, the ship got a real glow-up. But it's totally lacking..." She paused, wondering if this was the moment when their wolfman pilot would finally speak up. He'd barely said a word the whole flight, pointing out the seats and facilities when they'd boarded, and gesturing to answer any questions. When she mentioned it to Cartri, he said something about the pilot's species keeping to themselves. Daiya wasn't convinced, the big, furry pilot reminded her so much of another companion she once had, and she easily settled into the same routine with him. "I know you were going to ask, but you're concentrating. That's okay. It's all part of this plan, starting with the cargo container you've got strapped to the hull. When I saw it on the planet, it already had its cover stripped off then, it was just full of a buncha junk and chit. And the junk dealer, Grecky or something, asked if I wanted to fill it with soil and start a garden."

She wrinkled her nose at the thought, leaning in to reassure the Shistavanen. "I'm not that kinda girl."

Daiya giggled to herself, leaning back into her seat when the pilot turned his snout toward her, blowing air through his long nose. Her heart quickened for a moment before it slowed to a calm again, unafraid of the Shistavanen. He wasn't showing teeth yet, or making noise. Just reminding her where the boundaries were. She swept pink hair out of her face, tucking it back behind her ears again. "You're not so scary, you know? I don't get why anyone would think you are."

He didn't say anything to that, and Daiya didn't mention anything more about it.

"Anyway, you get my plan, right? Once we get the cargo container in place, me and Cartri, we're gonna fill it with water." Daiya bounced on the edge of her chair, the meds and alcohol layering their effects on her. Her head buzzed and her palms itched, impatiently waiting to get over this part of the trip and onto the fun part. "And then? We're gonna go swimming! It's the one thing this place was lacking, I talked to, like, five people who've been on it and they were all over the flagship. There's no fething pool!"

The teen wasn't certain that the pilot would see it her way. His matted fur seemed covered in the same layer of dust like everything else on Altier below them. It was a wonder Daiya hadn't sneezed her whole lungs out when they were planetside. "It was the rain that made me think of it. You'd think I'd be used to it, a girl from Denon, where the clouds rain down acid half the time? But nooOOOooo, it had to be rain on the day of the concert! What the absolute feth?!"

She was still wearing her Jonny and the Digi-Tones shirt, the consolation handout at the gates when they finally abandoned the concert with the rest of the crowd. Daiya didn't feel so annoyed about it anymore, though her tongue kept its bitter edge. "We came all the way to Altier to see this new alt-synth guy, he's supposed to be really good. He had this whole novel synthwave setup with junk and jury-rigged chit, it sounded a-mazing! And then it started raining, then pouring, and the ground turned straight from mud to a flood. That's when the little Kubaz ran off the stage and the music stopped, and it was all over. We ran over to this junk peddler who had his shop up on a hill, and the rest is that chitpile known as history!"

Her bones rattled as the ship touched the hangar deck with the bottom of the carried cargo container, still strapped to the underside of the hull. Daiya winced to hear the shrieking scrapes of the metal on metal for a moment, before the transport ship settled into a halt. The teen folded her arms, grumbling at the pilot's heavy landing. "Oh my stars, when I said 'it was a steal' I didn't mean I literally stole it. You can be a little gentle with it, I didn't pay too many creds for it or something."

Daiya stood up, unhooking herself from her seat. The pilot pointed to some light his head, but she ignored him. He flipped a switch on his display, making the light flicker, and she felt a little more ire tickle at the back of her throat. "Oh come the feth off it, I'm just gonna walk to the back. Promise I won't sue if I smash my head on your next landing."

They weren't going far for that one, anyway.

She left the pilot behind in his cramped cockpit, leaving him with a grateful smile for having brought them this far. Daiya hated space flight, and hated the vertigo it gripped her with. This pilot wasn't the type to try to comfort her with platitudes, or tell her to stop talking. Oddly enough, the Shistavanen's presence was calming, and her chance to see the landing up-close was doubly so.

"He's fething good." Daiya indicated her thumb to the pilot back through the bulkheads ahead of her, sliding into the seat next to Cartri. She leaned into him, her mud—and whatever else that floated free from those junk piles—caked knees knocking into his, and she gave him a peck on the cheek. Her fingers found one hand of her boyfriend, lacing themselves between his longer digits. "But I'm more glad you're along. I almost feel better than when we left Denon!"

When they landed again, this time without the cargo container underneath, Daiya let out a long sigh. She laid her head back in the seat, slipping down the cushioned back to let herself pool onto the transport's deck. It poked at her back, but the teen didn't care. Her stomach finally felt at ease, enjoying the bliss that came from the gigantic starship's gravity plating.

Daiya felt she could lay here for hours.

Prying herself up off the decking, with Cartri's help, the teen managed to get back on her feet. Daiya gathered up her gear, and when Cartri was ready, made her way down the ramp with him. She turned back to wave at the pilot, a lopsided grin on her face as the teen told him. "Next time you come, bring your swimsuit!"

She giggled as they entered the hangar bay of the Samhain's Derelict, the giant cargo container staring back at them from directly ahead. It was huge, big enough for the pool she envisioned, but Daiya knew it was going to have to move. "Hey, is that one of those maintenance cranes?" She nudged Cartri, pointing at the repulsorlift vehicle equipped with a long crane arm and legs with old-fashioned magnetic clamps. "Think you can operate it? I wanna get the container into one of those ship stalls."

Daiya pointed at one she meant, the many parking slots for smaller ships. Some of which were just big enough for the cargo container. "This pool is gonna be a-mazing!"

Objective: Meet with contacts
Tags: Under Foot Under Foot

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220425111105.png

Hex laughed at the small man as he spoke "I don't like the vacuum, it's bad for my skin, and my eyes balls, it's just bad." Smiling, she supped more of her drink as out of the corner of her eyes she noticed the ship had exited hyperspace over a world she didn't recognise, she was about to ask where they were.

'...Its Altier, we are picking up Daiya Daiya and Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll here? Remember?...'
"Oh yeah, duuh"
she said as she smirked at herself.

"So, a droid brain, BB sized, think that would work? Five coordinates is better than none, that would be Denon, Coruscant, Kestri and two others I could rotate out, perfect." she didn't exactly go many places after all. She reached down to the drink and and gave Under Foot Under Foot a "you sure?" Look before putting the straw to her lips, not everyone drank, it wasnt a big deal. She very briefly excused her attention to send a message to her friend who should be arriving soon.

<< Hey babe! Hope you got what you needed for that special project, I'm in the cantina chatting to Undie about scrap rn. See you soon x >>

She slipped away her pad and refocused on Underfoot, "Sorry, er... so, what you here for? Got any jobs I can do in exchange for you to sort my brain out? It might take quite some tinkering" she laughed.

'...Was that meant to be a joke? It wasn't very good...'
"Thank you for proving my point"
she scowled lightly.

Hex was feeling a little anxious being in the space ship and it was making her friends get a bit more bold, she would be glad when she could retire to her quarters and have a smoke to relax herself, she might have to drag Daiya and Cartri back there too as she had recently found it was much more fun to share that experience.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Johnny Diamonds Johnny Diamonds Lucia Ives Lucia Ives Callista Volpe Callista Volpe Daiya Daiya Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Under Foot Under Foot

"—Shadowrunners. By no means should you let the junk peddler Grexi onboard, throw him out the airlock if you find that Rodian nerf herder wandering around decks. If I find anyone letting him onboard, I'll throw you out the airlock, too."

At the loudspeaker's announcement, half a dozen heads turned to the blue Rodian in their midst. Japo raised his hands defensively. "<Not me, I swear>" he said in Rodese.

The group chuckled. Raven went back to work, the blue eyes of her helmet illuminating the tangled nest of conduits spilled out from one of the walls. No sooner did the mood relax that the air tensed up again, interrupted by an incoming beep from Tobi's wrist comm.

"Uh, Cap'n," the green Twi'lek answered. About time they got an angry call from the bridge. "Yes, we've -uh- found the problem. Connections to the hyper-lifts overheated, gotta replace a big chunk of 'em. Took a while to trace. Had to shut off power in some areas to conduct repairs..." Curses escalated as one of the nearby switchboards burst into flames, quelled by Raven with a fire extinguisher, who then shot a blank thumbs-up at Tobi. "Uh, anyway. We'll recheck those systems for ya in a jiffy, Cap." He quickly ended the call. [X]

"Welp, I'm takin' five." A pink Theelin started to walk off.

"Hours?" Tobi half-kidded, calling after her. "Hey, while you're at it, scrounge around for some new wiring. And you–" He shoved a datapad checklist over to a Cathar. "–Get on down to Altier for those parts. Also–" His foot tapped Raven's calf, her upper half buried in the gutted wall, which she scooted out from. "Shaft number eight still needs rescue. Doubt these lifts are gonna be operational anytime soon, so… best crack that can open."

Raven glanced up at Japo, who nodded back without protest, for her to go.

"Sure. On it."

sdqRUAk.jpg

"Post theme: The Sights - Enter Shikari"

2M_N1dX_Tgg&t
"He's fething good."
Cartri looked up from his datapad and smiled at Daiya, a hand raising to lower down his headphones as he listened to her speak. For most of the trip, he had been listening to music from a band named "Exit Dargulli" which was an electric rock band that were starting to make waves in the galaxy. It was a good distraction while Daiya was bothering the poor pilot at the front about their plan. Daiya wasn't very good on shuttles like this, so he didn't blame her for wanting to distract herself from the sickness that came with it.

The teen blushed slightly when she pecked him on the cheek, leading him to do the same as he locked hands with the girl "That's good to hear, at least you're not barfing in a bag like last time" he said teasingly with a cheeky pinch of her cheek. Leaning back in his chair, he waited patiently for the ship to land before even thinking of getting up. Instead of doing that, Daiya sunk to the floor to lie down for a few moments "Come on hotshot, we have work to do!" Cartri chuckled, leaning down to gently grasp her arm and pull her up.

Placing an arm around her back they both went down the ramp and looked around. They were both standing in the hangar bay of the Samhain's Derelict, A place which was perfect for what they wanted, something which Daiya noticed first. With a nudge, she brought his attention to some cranes that were only in front of them "I can give it a good go, it shouldn't be hard to get some instructions up on my datapad at least..." he said with a scratch of his head. Cartri hadn't done much driving or operating at all, so he couldn't help but feel at least a slight bit nervous.

"Well, can I at least get a good luck kiss?" the boy said warmly as he lifted up a hand to put on her cheek to kiss her. After a few seconds, he pulled away and jogged over to the crane.

There was a first for everything...

thoughts | speech

WbcYBMG.png
Johnny just nodded gently when she said she'd be right back. Who knows, maybe this wasn't going to go completely sideways for once. It'd be nice, for a change. But if there was one thing about Johnny Diamonds, it was that he stopped being a 'glass half full' type a long time ago. Didn't take long, at Frankie's, and she came out fast enough that he wondered if she actually checked anything. She seemed a little flush in the cheeks as they began to walk over to the saloon.

And there it was, the sixty-four thousand credit question. Johnny took a deep breath, and looked to Ruby as they walked, their eyes locking for a moment or two, however fleeting the time was. He wasn't sure how to best broach the subject. I mean, do I tell her flat out that I needed creds to pay off some really nasty gangster types? Doubt she'd really be interested in some kind of drugged out slacker type. Then again, can't go telling her about the whole Force deal, now can I? Aww man, just shut up and say something, before you look like a slack-jawed idiot, you gonk!

"You'd be surprised what you can find on the CryptNet when looking for work. Truthfully, I saw a listing looking for spacers and scrappers to go salvaging some rusted out capital ship near Denon, and I took a shot. S'where I met Daiya Daiya , Hex Hex , that cool fox-dude squib Under Foot Under Foot , and a few others. Just kinda kept coming back for more punishment, I suppose?" he said with a wink and a smile. He wasn't trying to sound cool or mysterious, he was just telling her the straight deal. Soon enough, they stopped in front of the saloon, and she side-nodded at the door.

"Sounds like a plan, Ruby. C'mon." he said, and walked into the saloon proper. It was a nice enough place, even if it was still slightly being renovated. Then again, considering the state of this whole fething ship, he wasn't surprised in the least. He'd bet credits to tokens that not one single place on this ship was fully built up yet. Either way, he walked over to the bar, and waved over the bartender, who almost sauntered up to him, wiping down a glass with a rag as he spoke.

"What can I get ya?"

"Two glasses of Corellian whiskey on ice, with a twist of jogan fruit."

The bartender looked at him, blinking once or twice, and then chuckled. "You sure about that kid? You do know how much that'll run you, right?"

"Yeah..." Johnny slid a fair few credits across the bar, more than enough to cover the drinks and then some. "...and?"

The bartender looked down for a moment, and then looked back up at Johnny, smiling. "Comin' right up, kid."

"When in doubt, HoloTube tutorials!" The brightly-colored teen giggled, turning on one heel to face Cartri. The other lifted off the floor as she steadied herself on him, a hand on his shoulder to lean into the boy's lips. His presence lingered longer than his lips did, and Daiya closed her eyes to savor it. She savored the steady, unyielding weight of the deck plating beneath her feet as well. It didn't feel like a planet, her mind knew that much, but Daiya's stomach was far too willing to revolt at the facsimile of gravity most starships offered.

Here she was as calm as a rock in the ocean.

Too calm. Daiya opened her eyes, watching the stream of newcomers flow around her, jostled by elbows and the sides of containers. Her face contorted, the bliss of her boyfriend's touch vanished, and she shouted something like, 'Just watch where you're fething going!' with an irritated tone and narrowed eyes. The young shadowrunner folded her arms, moving away so she wouldn't get hurt, watching her kind maneuver carelessly in a mad rush to both escape the hangar bay and linger. Fellow Shadowrunners who, like her, were more comfortable blending into a city block than melting into the many compartments of a starship.

Daiya grinned as she met the large container she had rescued from the junkworld below, putting a hand on its rusted sides. She followed the eyes of a few Shadowrunners passing near her, glaring after them when they gave her an odd look. Even Cartri hadn't been as sure about her plan, no one seemed to see the potential in the decaying hulk of metal. She felt its rough surface, rubbing across it fondly, even though its orange-rusted sides bit into the palm of her hand. All it needed was someone with a vision and—

"Hey, what did I say about it?"

The teen looked around, startled as she heard a voice call her out. She had to glance up to spot them, a circus performer clambering toward her on cyborg legs. They were Latero, as if Daiya couldn't figure that out from the gruff tone by itself, the coiffed beard was a dead giveaway. At their original height, and with a little trimming, Daiya could almost have mistaken them for a holotoon feline of some kind. "Yeah, you heard me, grounder. Don't pretend like you're ignoring me, hugging that rustbucket isn't camouflage."

"What's the deal?" She had to crane her neck up to gape at the hangar master, waving his hand at her, and the whole container behind her. Daiya glanced at it, then wide into the hangar, searching for a sight of Cartri. He was out of reach, so the teen turned back to the Latero, who was finally at eye level with her, to face them on her own.

"That's what I want to know, what's the big idea. I told you grounders, you can't just park wherever you want. You might own the ship, but I run this hangar, and I don't run it like you do on the streets. Slop everywhere and..." The hangar master muttered on about something she didn't catch, and wasn't interested in listening to.

"Oh my stars!" Daiya rolled her eyes, it was all she could do to answer the irate hangar master. The Latero stared at her, as if wanting more, and the teen folded her arms. She had to tip her eyes up, then her head back, as they rose on their cybernetic legs again, just enough to give them the clear height difference in the conversation. "Just wait a fething second, we're gonna move it into one of the ship stalls."

That didn't go over as well as she thought it would. "One of my ship stalls?!"

"Obviously!" Well, it was! "The Captain said it was okay."

"He said get yer stuff aboard!" The Latero looked pointedly at the container, awkwardly pacing the width of it, tall enough on cybernetic legs to see how long it extended. "He didn't say you could brin ten Hutt's worth in STUFF!"

"Well, it's here now. What do you want me to do?" Daiya had to raise her voice as the transport she came on began to rumble loudly with noise, starting its take-off sequence. Before either of them could say another word, it departed the hangar in a hurry, as if to prove her point. The young shadowrunner just shrugged and stepped to move around the hangar master, ignoring their pointed grumbling. "Look, if the Captain doesn't want it here once I'm done, I'll toss it out the big fething airlock over there!"

Daiya pointed toward the large hole where the transport's engines were seen glowing as it burned hard down toward Altier again. She shrugged again and clapped her hands over her ears, making a show of ignoring anything else the hangar master was planning to shout at her. At some point she caught sight of their cybernetic legs ambling over to yell at someone else, and made a point of waving at Cartri. Daiya cupped her hands around her mouth to shout across the bay at him. "Are we gonna move this chit or not?!"

The teen grinned at her boyfriend, the only person in the hangar whose opinion she wanted to hear from now on.

Ruby listened as Johnny told his story. Kept coming back for more punishment, huh? Well, that sounded familiar. She'd landed on Denon because that's where her ride had stopped – and she'd been too broke to book a flight off. Even after she'd earned enough credits to move on, she didn't.

And there was more than one reason to be glad she hadn't.

As they entered the saloon, Ruby's eyes quickly scanned the other patrons – immediately finding Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud among them. She canted her head slightly in greeting to the other woman. Johnny was already exchanging words – and copious amounts of credits – with the barkeep.

The barman and Ruby even exchanged skeptical glances at Johnny's order.

"Corellian whiskey, huh?" She arched her brows. "Yikes."

And with a twist of something or other, too. How fancy. Really, she would have been fine with the cheapest brew on the menu – you know, the one that barely even counted as alcohol. She'd never had enough credits to throw around like that.

When the tender set the drinks down on the bar, Ruby accepted hers and gave it a little sniff. It did have a bit of a fruity note to it. "Um, thanks," Ruby said, sending an awkward glance towards Johnny – her posture suddenly a bit rigid. Exactly how was she supposed to act now that he'd bought her an expensive drink? "It's good. Tastes… expensive." Other descriptive words seemed to fail. And she didn't really know what else to say.

Ruby cleared her throat.

"So, yeah… we're on Altier now," she said, a bit louder to address Ivory. "You want me to make another round after this?" Ruby held up her drink.

Johnny Diamonds Johnny Diamonds

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
As they entered the saloon, Ruby's eyes quickly scanned the other patrons – immediately finding Ivory Stroud among them. She canted her head slightly in greeting to the other woman. Johnny was already exchanging words – and copious amounts of credits – with the barkeep.

With her back against the bar, Ivory had been enjoying a drink for the past few minutes - a smoking Fiora Cigarra clutched between two fingers. The bright colored lights swirled about, balanced by deep wells of shadow; casting shadows upon the face of the Mafiosa Shadowrunner & glinting off the scattergun strapped to her back. She'd kept to herself mostly, only exchanging a few words with the bartender while she waited. Conversation, laughter, and music hummed in the background of her thoughts.

As Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx & Johnny Diamonds Johnny Diamonds entered, out of the corner of her eye, Ivory had caught Ruby approaching and turned her head - returning the subtle nod but saying nothing. As Johnny (whom Ivory had not met, quite yet) made his order, Ivory joined the subtle reactions shared by the bruiser & the bartender, her brows furrowing in an expression of bemused confusion.

"So, yeah… we're on Altier now," she said, a bit louder to address Ivory. "You want me to make another round after this?" Ruby held up her drink.

Ivory turned on her heel, resting her hip against the bar to face Ruby & her companion. A grin passed over her lips, curling one edge of her mouth. She nodded a response. "Yeah. I'll pick up the next." She said, then continued, "Our first major stop. We're gonna be taking on some more bodies. After a drink, let's head to the Gangway to monitor who's coming on-board. I wanna see faces." She had to raise her voice slightly to be heard.

Turning to regard the handsome, clean-shaven man beside Ruby, Ivory tipped her chin upward in greeting.

"I don't think we've met, yet. I'm Ivory."

Last edited:

thoughts | speech

WbcYBMG.png
Johnny quirked an eyebrow upwards as both the bartender and Ruby seemingly exchanged a look of what he could only interpret as skepticism. Face it, Johnnyboy, you went a tad overboard here. C'mon, pull back on the throttle, just a little. "No worries, Ruby." he said in response to her hesitant thank you. He did just drop a good bit of creds down, enough for at least two more on top of the two they just got, and a tip for the drink-slinger as well. Yeah, it might have been a bit much, but Johnny didn't ever spend his creds on anyone but himself most of the time. Well, all of the time, these past couple years. He stole every cred he had fair & square, though. So what if he decided to spend em on someone else for a change? Chit, it's not like he was a terrible person for it. Soon enough, though, Ruby took a sip, and spoke up.

Exactly how was she supposed to act now that he'd bought her an expensive drink? "It's good. Tastes… expensive."

"Glad you like it. I just figured, well, I never really spend creds on anyone, so, uh, I thought it might be a nice change of pace. You know, just trying to be, well, a half-way decent human, I suppose..."

For Force sake, Johnny D. You got marbles for brains lately? Oh, it's because it's her, isn't it? Johnny coughed a bit, clearing his throat, and took a decent swig from his glass. It was then that Ivory decided to address them both, first Ruby with talk of business of course. Ivory was head of the security detail, if memory served. She seemed a mysterious one, had that aura of intrigue that sort of commanded a room whenever it made itself known. Though, one thing didn't sit too well with him...he couldn't feel anything coming off her, feeling wise. She was like a dead-zone in the holonet, in the flesh. He'd only come across something similar almost 3 years back when... Whoa, John. Let's back this maglev up just a bit. If she were one of them, you'd have known it before you set eyes on her. This is something else, and let's not press it.

For once, he agreed with himself wholeheartedly. Ivory seemed to smile in a very alluring way, but Johnny Diamonds was on high alert, even if he didn't show an ounce of it. This was not a woman he was about to mess with. Johnny was a lot of things in life, but stupid was not one of them.

Ivory tipped her chin upward in greeting. "I don't think we've met, yet. I'm Ivory."

Normally, he'd have some over-the-top introduction at the ready, involving the clicking of his tongue, the pointing of a finger, and some long list of titles ending with him saying he was a 'cool, cool guy'. But he looked over at Ruby for a moment, before looking back to Ivory. "Name's Johnny. Well met." came from the young slicer-dicer, trying for once not to make a complete ass out of himself, especially in front of Ruby. Seemed our boy Johnny D has a bit of a crush, thought he'd never come right out and admit it. For now, he looked over to Ruby once more, and spoke even-toned, with none of his usual flair. "I've got everything broadcasting securely to my ocular, so I can keep an eye on things anywhere... so, um, would you mind if I tagged along?" he asked, trying not to sound like a complete gonk.

Last edited:

"Sorry, er... so, what you here for? Got any jobs I can do in exchange for you to sort my brain out? It might take quite some tinkering"

The Squib gave a snort as he laughed.

"Sometimes a favor owed is worth more than an exchange today," the amber-furred alien supplied, quoting the 17th Rule of Combats and Transactions.

Was it something he'd do for most customers? Certainly not. But Hex Hex was not most customers. Supplying her with a line of credit just made sense. A means of furthering their professional relationship.

The Squib's ears twitched. His head turned, his tails altering as he seemed to be reading the ship itself. "I think we've arrived," Under Foot noted, rising from out of his seat and then extending an arm up toward the woman.

"May I escort you to the loading ramp?"

He was eager to see just what kind of junk pits Altier had to offer.

Last edited:
For some reason, it made Ruby feel weird to know that Johnny never spent credits on anyone... and had just spent credits buying her a drink. She held her drink awkwardly, somewhere between bringing it up to drink and setting it down but never actually putting it on the bar.

"Yeah," she agreed with Ivory. "Gotta see what kinda punks want to join us."

So, now she knew where she was going after she finished this drink. Not only was it expensive, it was stronger than she was used to... she wasn't a big drinker. In fact, Ivory might have even seen her pass out once... yikes. Ruby's eyes flickered from Ivory to Johnny as introductions were made. As far as Ruby was concerned, Ivory was better looking than she was. She had a more pulled together look and something enigmatic about her.

Ruby had smudgy makeup and... a food stain on her shirt.

But she wasn't worried... why would she need to be worried? There wasn't anything to be worried about... Then, why was she watching Johnny as he spoke to Ivory? He gave her a polite, if maybe a bit brief – for him at least – intro. Then, he asked if he could tag along.

She sipped her drink and shrugged.

"Uh, if you want to?" she said. Again, she couldn't quite figure out the why of it. Why would he want to just follow her? Maybe his duties were really boring... that was probably it. Nothing better to do. "I feel like... this can't go right," Ruby said. "Like, when does stuff ever just... go right for us?" She wasn't usually the type to voice any insecurities... but maybe the drink had loosened her lips.

Or it was just too quiet. And small talk wasn't really a thing she was good at.

majfiZZ.png

L U C I A⠀ I V E S

'Every Ending Has A Beginning'

She was there. Within hours she was on the junk planet of Altier~ albeit unarmed and dressed in scruffy attire, akin to the junk-dwelling folk of the polluted planet. She looked unassuming and that was the point, she wasn't there as a CorpSec officer..

She was there to join Darkwire...

Lucia was early. Squinting up at the unsightly shuttles as they came in to land, she began making her way towards the landing pads~ keen to catch the first ones to blend in with the crowd; she wouldn't be recognised regardless yet it was handy to not be singled out.. she looked just like them too.

Joining the queue for the shuttles, she kept an ear out to overhear the gossip amongst the new 'recruits,' almost confirming that this was the shuttle to Darkwire, a relief. Moments passed before Lucia was shuffled along to the front of the queue:

"
Name?"

"
Liv, Liv Dyne.."

She smirked to herself as she passed the crew now, presumably, on her way to meet Darkwire for the first time~ properly.

Objective: Meet with contacts
Tags: Under Foot Under Foot

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled55-20220425111105.png

"That sounds an excellent exchange, could I just make a request that I don't get shot this time." she giggled, remembering the incident on the derelict starship, it was kind of on her for running off she had been suggested, but still, that hurt like chit.

Under Foot Under Foot seemed to be feeling, maybe listening to something and announcing their arrival.

'...You don't think?...
"naaaah"

She hopped down from the table and took Underfoot's arm. "What a little gentleman you are Undie. I would love to be escorted. I hear Altier is beautiful this time of year, you simply must see the sun setting over the slag heaps." she put on a deliberately posh 'period voice' she had picked up from one of Daiya Daiya 's romance holos.

Hex was fascinated by this planet, she wondered who was more excited to see what scrap they could find, her or the Squib. The two walked the corridors together in a slightly mismatched embrace of arms before turning into the loading area and seeing an oversized shipping container dominating the room that also contained several tons of other salvage.

"Are you planning on going down there? Or seeing what they bring back?"

She spotted a flash of ginger hair behind the container there would be the two of her friends on the other side. "Hey knuckles! Is blondie back there with you? Tell her to put her clothes back on and come and say hi!" she shouted out to Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll , teasing the lovebirds.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Johnny Diamonds Johnny Diamonds Lucia Ives Lucia Ives Callista Volpe Callista Volpe Daiya Daiya Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx Under Foot Under Foot

Last edited:
Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
IvOP36J.png

Ivory finished her drink, slapping the glass down on the counter loud enough to earn a dirty look from the bartender - which she ignored.

"I've got everything broadcasting securely to my ocular, so I can keep an eye on things anywhere... so, um, would you mind if I tagged along?" he asked, trying not to sound like a complete gonk.

Introductions complete, she gave a nod - immediately to business - and stepped away from the bar, leading the way. Passing Ruby, Ivory gave her a small smirk and patted the bruiser on the arm. The young woman's powerful musculature beneath her shirt reminded the Shadowrunner that her companion was tough-as-nails. "It doesn't." she replied to Ruby's concerned tone. "Things never do."

And with that, the tall, dark-haired, heavily-armed Mafiosa began walking out of The Starbird Saloon, shrugging her shoulders to adjust the strap of the FDS-15S Scattergun slung across her back.

RoWcicg.png

The journey through the massive capital ship didn't take nearly as long as Ivory thought it would. Conveniently, one of the hyperlifts in the main terminal was operational, and Ivory led Ruby Jaxx Ruby Jaxx & Johnny Diamonds Johnny Diamonds into it. She punched a button for one of the lower floors & the doors closed without hesitation. Ivory leaned against the wall directly beside the control panel, using the few moments of the ride to look (without saying a word) at her companions; studying their body language with a faint smirk on her lips. She could tell, at a glance, that there were unspoken words between the two - recognizing the awkward demeanor of the two and chalking it up to unfamiliarity.

Or, she reasoned, perhaps something more.

Ivory carried herself with cold, hardened certainty; direct, strong, and unafraid. Her hands remained tucked in the pockets of her fur coat for the entirety of the ride.

When a tiny bell dinged above their heads & the doors opened to reveal a hallway beyond, she was the first out of the lift.

On the wall adjacent to the to the elevator, an old floor-plan with each section of the floor clear labeled was readable at a glance:

"Level 18: Docking Bays, Storage."
Already familiar with the layout, Ivory led to the down the hallway to the right. Overhead, lights gleamed across the silver bulkheads - lighting their way without fail. Inwardly, she was thankful that (at least so far) signs of the ship's technical failings appeared non-existent. That surprise would be saved for when their new arrivals delved deeper into the interior.

The trio walked on for a few minutes, turning another corner, then descending down a short flight of stairs. Ahead of them, the hallway ended in a set of double-doors; a bulkhead, sealable against atmospheric failure. Another sign on the wall nearby listed the location as Docking Bay 2.

The door whooshed open as they approached, allowing them entry into a small ante-chamber. Beyond, visible through a clear window and a door directly ahead, a room with a high ceiling stretched overhead. Boxes, crates, and a few smaller ships were visible within; supplies and shuttles which had likely been transports for the ship's current residents. Deeper inside the large docking bay, sounds of activity & conversation echoed off the walls.

"There they are." Ivory said; the first words she'd spoken since leaving the Saloon.

Two shuttles, recent arrivals, were emptying their cargo. Milling about, having disembarked and were now awaiting clearance by a handful of armed Darkwire operatives, was a crowd of almost two dozen sentients of various races, sizes, and demeanors. Ivory led the way, taking the shortest route necessary to reach the gathered crowd.

Two small, disorganized lines had formed as each fresh arrival approached one of the members of the "Security" team, providing their names, callsigns, and other data to be verified against Darkwire's own records. As information was often scarce or non-existent regarding the Organization's membership, the going was slow... which, as Ivory had suspected, had led to considerably less scrutiny being directed at the newcomers. The group of five Darkwire operatives didn't seem to care much who was going where. As Ivory, Ruby, and Johnny approached, they passed a small group of runners already making their way toward the same exit they'd just entered. Ivory paid them little mind, focused instead on joining the group. ( Lucia Ives Lucia Ives )

As they neared, Ivory recognized two faces a short distance from the crowd - those of Daiya Daiya & Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll - as well as short Latero whom Ivory recognized as the Derelict's Hanger Master. She altered her course, approaching them... recognizing, even at a distance, that Daiya appeared to be involved in some kind of verbal disagreement with the bearded Officer. With raised eyebrows, Ivory guessed it was about the large shipping container - pockmarked & worn with age - which sat a short distance away.

"Hey choomba." Ivory said, greeting Daiya as she neared. She pulled a hand from her coat, offering her closed fist for a bump in greeting.

"What's the problem here?" She asked, giving her friend & fellow Shadowrunner a knowing look.

The good luck kiss was everything he wanted and more, enough to drive him on and get the daunting task over with. Daiya was the person in his life that helped him be better, a rock in an existence that was crumbling before she came into his life. The least he could do was help her out with stuff like this, while she did the talking he'd do all the heavy lifting. Daiya was a smart girl who could talk herself even out of the direst of situations, it wouldn't be a surprise if she became some kind of senator one day.

With her goodbye still lingering on his lips, he walked to an empty machine with a smile on his lips and climbed in. In all honesty, he was unsure if anyone was meant to operate these other than the staff. It didn't matter with it, if they had a problem they'd have to live with a 16 year old kid doing their job for them. Cartri pulled a datapad from his pocket and began searching for instructions on the holonet, his feet calmly tapping the metallic floor just when a voice spoke up from behind a container.

Hex, one of Daiya's friends had spotted his ginger hair and came to see where her friend was "Damn you Hex, we're not that bad!" he chuckled, looking back to Daiya who was chatting up a storm with an angry crew member "She's over here, and fully clothed for your knowledge!" he shouted back over as his finger lightly pressed the power button of the machine "Go say hello to her, I think I see Ivory over there too!"

Constantly looking down at his datapad, he soon noticed there was already something on the lifter. Nonchalantly looking around, he lightly shrugged and tipped it on its side, sending it crashing to the floor with a bang "Whoops..." the teen said before slowly wheeling himself over to the container Daiya had brought with her on the ship "You two didn't see anything right?" Cartri said with a laugh as he went past Daiya and Ivory. Although, at the same time he wasn't seeing where he was going.

Suddenly, he smacked into another maintenance crane at a slow speed and almost toppled it on its side. Cartri quickly shut off the crane and leaned his head out of the window to see what was going on "Heyyyyy! I'm working here you clumsy lurdo!" the teen bellowed to the worker, who jumped out of his crane and began walking to Cartri with purpose "Lurdo?! come here you little chit..." Cartri also jumped out and eyed up the man as he approached "Don't do something you want to regret old man" he warned just as he grabbed him by the scruff of his neck "You thin-" but before he could finish Cartri delivered on that promise.

A strong knee slammed into his gut to drive the air out of his body, then with a calp to the side of his temple he loosened his grip before suddenly throwing him over his shoulder to the floor. The man groaned lightly as Cartri stood above him with a shake of his head "Don't say I didn't give you a chance" he said with a shake of his head and a wide smirk.

Looking back to the pair he climbed back into his seat and began to move again "You didn't see that either right?!"

Last edited:

Cherry

C

V1KQoOv.png
Bye, bye Altier.

Though the junk world was her home, Cherry knew there was much more out there. Way more awesome planets with way more awesome junk. This was her chance, and she wasn't about to let it slip away. She'd waited in the queue for the shuttles, just like everyone else. Soon she'd be up there in the stars with Darkwire.

A man with a datapad asked for her name when she reached the front of the line.

"Cherry," she said, nodding.

"That your real name, is it?" He arched a skeptical brow.

"Okay, fine, look... my real name is Cerise Dorre... but no one ever calls me that. Don't don't even try to call me Cerise. I won't answer by it, I swear."

The man merely grunted and typed the information into his pad. "Go on," he said, motioning towards the shuttle.

She had a duffel bag of clothing and she'd registered a container -- droids and droid parts. Cherry figured that she'd need something to get herself up and running when she was... doing whatever Darkwire did. She supposed she'd find out soon enough exactly what that was.

Lucia Ives Lucia Ives | Open​

"There's no problem," the teen answered the woman. Her eyes gazed up at Ivory, explanation written on her face for the moment. Daiya gave her head a short, bitter shake, a skeptical frown doubting the words themselves. It flipped back into a grin, transforming from annoyed to amused in an instant as she bumped her closed fist into Ivory's. It pulled back to mime a head talking, fingers flapping along like the Latero's mouth. "Some beings just really like to hear themselves talk, y'know? Just gotta make up chit 'til they feel important, I dunno."

She raised her arms up, exaggerating a shrug for good measure. Daiya didn't take a look at the departing Latero, turning to fully face Ivory the Rebel instead. Appraising the woman's outfit, the teen thought this might be more Ivory the Hunter instead. "Why? Gonna shoot your problems today?" Daiya tipped her chin to point at the weapons strapped loudly to Ivory's person, facing her palms out in surrender as she took a few steps back. "I didn't start it!"

The teen grinned, euphoria washing over her. Even if the concert had been a washout, the trip up a bundle of nerves, and the hangar master a total lazerbrain, she felt far more at ease in the company of Darkwire. Those who weren't exactly friends just hadn't figured it out yet. With the hustle and bustle of the hangar bay, Daiya's ears were fed a steady stream of noise and energy, almost preventing the teen from catching the sound of her friend's obnoxious joke.

"Oh my stars, Hex!" Daiya stepped out into her view, her lips smudged into a corner of her face. She folded her arms against the band logo of her shirt, both very tangible and noticeable proof against the playful accusation. The teen glanced at her hands, exposed to the world, and stuffed them in her pockets. Her cheeks were warm and ruddy with the immodest thoughts planted in her head, and Daiya shook it as she closed the distance to Hex. "Just wait 'til we get this fething thing transformed."

Spinning on her boot heel, Daiya let her shoulder bounce against Hex, pretending as if pocketed hands had hidden her balance away as well. She pointed to the cargo container in front of them with her chin. "We're making it into a pool, where scantily clad's gonna be a rule!" She giggled wickedly again, rolling her eyes over to where Cartri had found his own problem to sort out. A plaintive look went out between Hex and Ivory, Daiya's eyes begging for sympathy. "That is if someone would do his job."

She cupped her hands around her mouth, firing back at her boyfriend. "We wouldn't see anything you weren't so loud about it, Knuckles! How hard is it to move a giant-ass cargo container?!"

To her friends nearby, her gaze taking in all of them, Daiya asked at more normal volume, "Wanna help?"

"That sounds an excellent exchange, could I just make a request that I don't get shot this time."

The Squib gave a quiet laugh at the proverbial jab. "I'm afraid offers of not getting shot at are reserved for premium customers only," the amber furred salvager answered in kind.

Usually, he was on guard in these situations. On edge, waiting to seize the opportunity to broker another deal, or try to position himself in the right place at the right time, or trying to read the various conversations in the room so that he could mingle and work the room. It made social outings exhausting, but it was supposed to be. After all, it was work, not a vacation.

With Hex Hex around, however, the Squib found it hard to not focus on just the one customer. Instead of trying to work the conversation, the jokes came naturally, as the Squib was more relaxed than was usual.

Clearly, the scrap mission had endeared him to these Darkwire peoples. It was something he'd have to be wary of. After all, the Thirteenth Rule of Combats and Transactions was very clear on this matter. Beware the preferred customer, because friendship should always be second to business.

"I hear Altier is beautiful this time of year, you simply must see the sun setting over the slag heaps."

"I've been looking forward to it," Ree answered, quite seriously. She might jest, but the Squib had weighed the notion of expanding the business to Altier. A little further away from DireX. The tax rates on Denon were starting to apply pressure to his profit margin operating the junkyard on the planet, but with property values in the Moonfall District being severely undervalued it also made it where Undie couldn't afford to sell the place either.

"Are you planning on going down there? Or seeing what they bring back?"

The Squib's ears perked up, his head craning as he started to respond. "Well, I... uh..."

It seemed Hex was distracted by the sight of someone she knew. Before he could answer, the woman was talking to a human-looking fellow that the Squib hadn't recalled seeing before.

There were some jokes, or at least, Undie assumed thats what they were, and then a familiar voice came shouting at Hex as Daiya Daiya came into view from behind a cargo container.

Also, the human fellow operating the cargo mover didn't seem to have a firm grasp of all the nuances of the job. A shoving match with another crane operator ensued, as the Squib studiously focused on seeing nothing.

"Daiya," the Squib uttered, addressing the teenaged human. "I'm surprised you'd volunteer for a flight to Altier."

As he recalled, she was not fond of space travel.

"Wanna help?" the teen asked.

"I would, but I don't want to, uh... intrude," the Squib answered honestly, even as he glanced over at Cartri Keswoll Cartri Keswoll

"Do you need help with the cargo loader?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom