Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible character creation idea?

Sarge Potteiger said:
I wouldn't say 'worry free', there was a lot of people who didn't want to RP with me when I made him. But now that he's grown, none of you would have been any the wiser if I hadn't of said anything. But real early on, it's immensely difficult.
So because of you, my character doesn't actually exist? o_O

Pinky said:
How is it silly?
I believe it's silly for the following reasons:
  • There is no notable Star Wars precedent that I know of. [Most important]
  • It is an excuse to metagame if the character is knowledgeable of Star Wars.
  • It is on the same level, if not more so, as self-insert wish fulfillment and could be very annoying since most people overrate themselves and ignore their own flaws.
  • Conflict of interest also plays a factor since writers overvalue these types of characters since they see themselves in the character a lot more than something more original.
  • Other writers most likely see it as silly and avoid the character in question, as shown by testimonies of someone doing this.
Again, it's an interesting idea, yet in practice it's very awkward and silly.
Qae Shena said:
Speaking from experience, eh?
From my own experience, the only thing I can say is that naming a character after one's own name is silly as well. Writing a character to be just as oneself in real life is something I've only seen other people do.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Not exactly what this thread is about per se, but I've been talking to a friend of mine who's making a character and noticed a bit of an oversight in the character creation rules and template thread. Specifically

C. Neutral characters may not start with the ability to wield a lightsaber. You must be trained by a Force User at Star Wars RP: Chaos to be able to wield a lightsaber.
Which implies that a factionless character or even one who's not lightside/darkside needs a training thread to use a lightsaber, which I don't believe is the intent of the rule. After discussing this with from friends of mine I've been told this is a layover from another board where NFU's are considered 'neutrals', but that doesn't work with our current system and has layover for confusion. Could this please be changed to "Non-Force users" instead of "Neutral"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom