Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible character creation idea?

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I'm just stating my own humble opinion in this so please don't take it as disencouragement (I know that's probably not a word :p), but the whole point of RP is to be someone you can't be, doing something you probably won't do somewhere that you'll never really find. Star Wars is Star Wars, and that's part of what makes it unique. One, how a human from Earth just out of the blue wakes up in another galaxy is extremely implausible - even if one said they fell through a wormhole that still takes time and awareness, even if not much. Second, I imagine fewer people than normal will want to play with it because it would... just create all sorts of odd in some instances. For instance, English is a language we use most commonly on Earth. Here in the Sol, in the Milky Way. Billions of lightyears away from the closest galaxy. Odds are - while it was written in English for the obvious reasons of comprehension - that Basic isn't exactly English. It's just portrayed as English so that we could read the books and watch the movies. Lastly, funding having someone brought back from the Milky Way to SW would could so much more money and resources than I'm even willing to estimate with a solid answer. Hypothetically that ET race did it, but - and mind you that was a cameo but we'll go with that since it is canon - they didn't bring anyone else back with them. And I'm willing to bet they won't be trying it again, as proving life exists like theirs elsewhere is big enough and they would have just brought people back the first time. So you can bet another intergalactic event won't happen again for a long while. Finally, this Star Wars, not a fantasy genre world. Magic doesn't just happen without some kind of explanation.
I wouldn't be the kind of person to avoid you, It'd just feel really odd - I guess?- during some scenarios lol.

Like I said, absolutely do what makes you happy, but take into consideration how plausible it is; I guess that's what I'm saying.

But haven't you ever had a Star Wars dream that seemed to last forever? That's what this guy could be like. Trapped in a dream that feels like it will never end, when in reality, it's just one night. :)

Ooohhhhh that sounds like a really cool idea. I would have one question for any admins or RP judges though. If it is in fact a dream, would that technically make the character invincible? Not in the sense that they can't die, but let's say for instance the person is killed in their dream, however long it may be. They didn't die in real life though, so they could dream again and once again be that character. That's one theory. Another is to create a generic, everyday Earth character who, whenever he dreams at night, he dreams himself as a different character in the star wars universe(i.e., one night he's a jedi, the next night a bounty hunter).

D3-Q1R

D
Then the problem is he's dreaming, but we're not.
Then, if you try to say we're all a facet of his dream, what about the other guys doing the same thing? His dream is a facet of this guy's dream of another dream - it's not Inception.... lol.
In other words it just doesn't add up no matter how you look at it. There's no neutral ground. The inconsistencies are killin' me.

Edit: I also just wanted to add that, at least to me, roleplaying an original character you created is living the dream. It loses it's value when you literally try to insert yourself into it. Then it's just not a dream.

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Daella Apparine said:
It is an excuse to metagame if the character is knowledgeable of Star Wars.
I mentioned that Star Wars "Never took place" to get rid of that factor I didnt want to be called out on that. I wanted a character that would be completely alone in the universe and has to find his way back.

Daella Apparine said:
It is on the same level, if not more so, as self-insert wish fulfillment and could be very annoying since most people overrate themselves and ignore their own flaws.
I am currently working on that to try and get rid of that one where I can see all the flaws of said character and put them on here.

Daella Apparine said:
Conflict of interest also plays a factor since writers overvalue these types of characters since they see themselves in the character a lot more than something more original.
I am going for original as this is a person that would not be me. I may put a few things in there that may match up like I do with my other characters, but no I am not taking myself and putting it on to the site.

Daella Apparine said:
There is no notable Star Wars precedent that I know of.
Most important this is a site where the imagination goes wild. here I can let myself be free to write just about anything I want. (within reason) and so who is to say that there is not a link between the star wars universe and ours? Just because it has not shown up does not mean that its not there. as Sarge said Star wars Galaxy was set "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away......" the link could be anything from intergalaxy travel (much like the vong and their followers) or it could be that we were all born at the same time, its just that because there was already other species that were close to it rather than staying away they helped the humans come out and fly among the stars. Like I said it was imagination.

@[member="Xardus Folidaar"] No I do not believe those would be possible. If you watch the movie Inception (Good movie FYI) you can still die in a dream but when you do you wake up in the real world. (I dont feel like going into detail about how you cant come back like that but you get my idea) he dies, he returns to the real world of his own. and no I wont bring him back if he dies. Said character will think this is the real world and that he had a time lapse where he was in cryostate for millions of years. (however its not true) so he will IC believe that he can die and will not try that endeavor.

@[member="Tetsukitsune"] I know what you are meaning and I could make up some long story about how the Vong really was from the Earth universe "a long time ago" and came here after time traveling and that sort of thing, but that would be to far fetched. What I'm thinking is that he is really just a man in the Star wars universe that is dreaming in the Earth universe and wakes up thinking just the opposite.

@[member="Lexa Kimene"] Thanks for the enthusiasm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom