Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Arkyn Rane

NAME: Arkyn Rane

FACTION: Rimward Trade League/Indy

SPECIES: Human

SEX: Female

HEIGHT: 5'8

WEIGHT: 135

EYES: Blue

HAIR: Auburn/Brown

SKIN: Dusky

FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES (Required: 2 Weaknesses Minimum) :
  • Chaotic Neutral, leaning towards Chaotic Good
  • Criminal Background; born a street rat, taken in by a Hutt crimelord, Vorga, after she managed to steal his prized kyber crystal and attempted to sell it. She has been involved in a number of knife fights, bar and street brawls, shootouts, and dog fights, to say nothing of back alley murder attempts. She’s survived countless stabbing attempts and throws a vicious hook.
  • Reflexes and Piloting; she earned credits on the side racing in the underground circuits of Nar Shaddaa; she got so good, she was sponsored to race pods and swoops on Malastare and Tattooine. She used her winnings to enter a high stakes game of Sabacc and win her freedom from Vorga.
  • Languages and Learning; speaks several languages very fluently, and can understand even binary. Managed to essentially build and reprogram an astromech by hand using wildly varying components, and slice her way into secure locations as a youth with the technological equivalent of a hairpin. Can compute hyperspace routes in her head.
  • Force Sensitivity: Arkyn is utterly untrained in the ways of the Force, using it instinctively and unconsciously, often to chart her way through the stars or add oomph to her punches. As a youth, she learned to shield herself in the force naturally by wishing desperately to be unnoticed and unseen. She knows more than she should, can feel more she should, moves faster than humanly possible, but has little to no practical knowledge of the Force and it’s inner workings. Her instincts, however, are extremely powerful.
  • Character Flaw: Trust Issues from background among criminals. She is a lone wolf type, and hasn't yet learned to work well with others, preferring the company of droids.
  • Character Flaw: Addiction. She smokes an alien herb called jari leaf to mellow herself out.
  • Character Flaw: A criminal to the core, always looking for a leg up.

APPEARANCE:
Arkyn is of moderate height and build with shoulder length dark brown hair and piercing silvery blue eyes. She has the tendency to stick her tongue out the corner of her lip when focused on a task. Rail thin as a youth, she started to fill out once she had access to regular meals.​

PERSONALITY:
Arkyn is a very driven person. Some have called her "intense". Others have said she is disrespectful, stubborn, and arrogant. She has a dark, dry, sarcastic sense of humor, and has the tendency to boast when the sauce is in her. A natural adrenaline junky, she feels the most alive when her life is on the line, be it a high-stakes podrace or a chaotic cantina shootout.​

BIOGRAPHY:
I was born in the slums of Nar Shaddaa where death, whether by starvation or more sinister means was constant companion. I would’ve gone the way of any other gutter rat, but my salvation came by way of a discarded astromech. I found it while trawling through the garbage pits below Vorga’s palace. The Hutt crime lord was terribly rich and horrifically wasteful, and I, a very accomplished scavenger already by that age, lived off the Hutt’s forgotten scraps.​
R5, when I found him, was essentially dead. His casing was mostly alright, save for a few scorch marks and a couple missing components, but his wiring was completely fried and his processors were little more than melted slags of circuitry. I wanted, more than anything, to rebuild him-uneducated street rat from the pits of the slums- and rebuild him I did.​
I had been driftless, living from meal to meal; R5 gave me purpose.​
I repurposed wiring from any droid I could get my hands on, more often than not by illegal means, given my severe lack of credits. I stole processors, tools, speeder parts, power cells, blasters- and I caught the eye of Jan Orlus, one of Vorga’s debt collectors. He offered me a job that turned into many jobs as I grew and matured. I ran packages, ferried secrets on holodecks, shadowed targets, ran books, collected debts, and then, after I stole Jan’s speeder, became a an underground racer sponsored by Jan himself. I started selling spice, then smuggling it as Jan’s pilot. I was seventeen and full of swagger. I knew things other people didn’t, could do things other people couldn’t, move faster, think quicker, see things before they happened.​
So I stole from Vorga. A kyber crystal that he wore as a bauble- I intended to either sell it and buy a ship, or use it to power R5. Driven by a need to be free, and perhaps a little by greed, I attempted to sell the crystal.​
Vorga found out and had me brought to him in chains. Instead of killing me, he welcomed me into his family, and cut off my hand. He had it replaced then and there, some weird organic-clone thing, and while he voiced neither warning nor threat to keep me in line, I heard his message loud and clear. I was his to do with as he pleased, whether that meant building me up or tearing me down.​
Hungry for power, hungry to belong, I dove wholeheartedly into my new life. What other choice did I have?​
Within two years, I was Vorga’s number two. I thought I was somebody special. Somebody powerful. When Vorga killed Jan for “hiding” me from him for so long, I truly realized how foolish I had been. I was barely more than a fancy tool. A slave by a different name.​
I finished R5 around the same time I started working directly under Vorga. I’d added so much too him, modified him so heavily, that he required triple-threaded diatium power cells to function- well over twice the power of most astro mechs. He had a bold personality with a scathing sense of humor, and a mischievous streak a light year long. R5 units were supposed to be faulty and mulish by nature, but I never had any problems with him. With him at my side, I started plotting my freedom.​
Vorga sent me to Tatooine to race at Mos Espa when I was eighteen, and when the racing season ended, he shipped me to Malastare. In the months in between, I smuggled spice and information across the whole Outer Rim. I saved my cut of every victory, every delivery, every back door deal, measly as it was, and when I stood before Vorga a few years later, I challenged him to a game of Sabacc for my freedom. To this day I don’t know why he agreed…​
But I won, and here I am, a free woman in a galaxy rife with chaos. I’ve yet to find my purpose under the stars, but I know it is yet unfulfilled.​

ARMAMENT:
  • Piecemeal Spacer Armor
    • High Kinetic Resistance
    • High Energy Resistance
    • High Lightsaber Resistance
    • Low Ion/Emp Resistance
    • Low Sonic Resistance
  • Armorweave Greatcoat/Cape
    • High Kinetic Resistance
    • High Energy Resistance
    • High Lightsaber Resistance
    • Low Ion/Emp Resistance
    • Low Sonic Resistance
  • Armorweave Bodysleeve
  • Crushgaunts
    • Punching Knuckles
  • Shell Spider Silk Satchel
    • EMP Grenades x2
    • Passive Defender x3
    • Cryoban Grenades x3
    • Thermal Detonators x3
    • Handheld Bacta Spray x3
  • Side Loading Particle Beam Pistol
    • Exploding Bolts
  • .357 Nine-Chamber Slug-thrower
    • Acid Slugs
  • Double-Barrel Scattergun Pistol
    • Cortossis Scattershot
  • DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle
  • Verpine Personal Shield
  • Wrist-Mounted Stun Dart Launcher (x3)
  • Telescopic Baton w/Electro Stun Pulse
DROIDS:
  • Heavily Modified R5 Astromech “Blastomech”
    • x12 Micro Missiles
    • Shock Prod
    • Grappling Hook
    • Plasma Torch
    • Bacta Patches x5
  • Modified RX Pilot Droid “Rex McFlex”
  • Modified PK Series Ultra Worker Droid
  • Modified ASP Series Worker Droid x2
SHIP:
Heavily Modified YT-2000 Light Freighter “The Dragonsnake”​
  • Unique/One-of-a-kind
  • High Weapons
  • High Shields
  • High Speed
  • High Maneuverability
Hand-Crafted Racer Bike "The Zephyr"
  • Unique/One-of-a-kind
  • No Weapons
  • No Shields
  • Extreme Speed
  • Extreme Maneuverability

KILLS:
  • N/A

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
  • N/A

Last edited:
ROLE-PLAYS:
  1. The Smuggler
    1. Terminal Crisis - In which Arkyn, staggeringly drunk and high as a kite, lends her services to Gorba the Hutt. Eat chit, Vorga.
    2. Bootlegger Boogaloo- In which a simple and highly illegal smuggling operation goes to shit. Fethin' Mawites, man.
    3. Goola Bargon- In which Arkyn faces mortal peril and meets a few possible allies. Go kark yourself on a gundark, Vorga!
    4. Blockade of Stobar- In which Arkyn smuggles food to a starving planet. More mawites again; they're like roaches.
    5. Calling All Smugglers- In which Arkyn attends a party at Gorba’s Palace and meets a Warden. Hello, Gorba!
  2. The Warden
    1. Aftermath of Ilum- In which Arkyn hauls cargo to Ilum after the Imperial invasion. That's a fethin' groovy tree.
    2. The Sands of Kiffu - In which Arkyn learns psychometry and tangles with dragons. Psychometry is better than sharums.
    3. Smuggling on Hamra- In which Arkyn smuggles anti-Force pieces of technology to a crime lord on Hamra and then dips. This planet sucks.
    4. Aggresive Transaction- In which Arkyn takes the fight to the pirates, infiltrating a trading station to steal a treasure. Who said thieving was a crime?
    5. Bombs Over Dagobah- In which Arkyn engages a bunch of merciless Trandoshan pirates in a roving space battle above Dagobah. Pirates suck, as per usual.
    6. The Captain's Coterie- In which Arkyn ventures to Yumfla to meet up with Aeshi Tillian and other captains in the League.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom