Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One-Liner Dominions

DIET MOUNTAIN DEW (All we have in the house)
RITZ CRACKERS BECAUSE... YEAH
AND WHATEVER IS ON MY IPOD
SO PROBS SOME WE CAME AS ROMANS, A DAY TO REMEMBER, AND SOME RANDOM SHIP.

I don't like speed RPs much, but I don't deny their validity.

We don't proscribe how to RP here, we don't tell you 'You will use 3rd person past tense!' or 'You must have at least 100 words per RP post'. No, people may do as they wish.
If we feel the Dominion is without effort we can overturn it, but speed RPing isn't devoid of effort at all. Indeed, it's arguably more difficult to coordinate and get things happening rather than letting a week do the job for you.

So no, if people are happy to do speed Dominions, then so be it.

I agree with @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] on the matter because its something me and her, and @[member="Tefka"] have talked about a few times now actually.

If we don't penalize people for posting one-liners in any other type of thread then by right we cannot do so in a dominion thread because thats what hypocrites do. As staff have said they do have the right to overturn any Dominion, so if it was that much of a problem someone would of reported about it instead of complained in a public area.

And unlike most likely the 85% of the people I have read it, and did have a good laugh and like @[member="Selena Halcyon"] said the dominion tells a story of start to end with various problems and resolutions in the middle. Role-playing is weaving a story alone or with others, a story that you write as specific character within the story; if we wrote the whole story it wouldnt be role-playing it would be writing a bloody story.

TD;LR
Not everyone is at the same level of skill, new vs. old, experienced vs. inexperienced, and since we dont punish people for posting 'one sentence' in any other forum we cannot bash on a dommion, no matter how short the posts are (although some are of good length). If you think its of poor quality report it, dont complain please.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I think you guys completely missed the highlight in lieu of a footnote. It's not the act, it's why the act transpired. Whether it is true for both sides, I cannot say. I'm not pointing a finger at any one faction. However, from a tactical and geographic viewpoint, it is very difficult for me to argue otherwise.

No matter what, different individuals have different motives and reasons. It's nigh impossible to speak for a group collectively as to why any one decision was made.

Ayña Kottos said:
WHITE MONSTER MASTER RACE!!! Edit: LOL this was never meant to sound anything as racist as it did. XD
It still did. :p but we know what you mean.

Tefka said:
And I'm just sitting here munchin on popcorn hoping something will blow up soon.
Mmmm took a shower and now waiting for the same thing.

It's a matter of preference. There are plenty of people I know who have a deep disdain for them, and I can't say I'm particularly fond of them myself, but each has its place. Mostly the only time speed Dominions are a problem are when two factions vie for control of a planet. Then things can get... interesting.

All I'm going to say on this matter is this:

Everyone RPs differently, everyone comes from different backgrounds. The important thing about RP and essentially everything we do here is - Having fun and wave around light sticks and guns that sound like we bought them at the dollar store.

To the core of the matter is: We are a community and writers will develop with time, hell I started out writing one liners that every sentence started out with my characters name. Be a community and develop, have fun and play.

As for the Dominion: As long as it evolves as a story and people are fun and being active it shouldn't matter. The main point is - its a story.

ONE MORE THING: If you don't like it - don't participate in it - there's enough going on the board that you don't have to do what everyone else is doing. Manage yourself and have fun.

I mentioned in another thread my opinion of Speed Dominions, but I'll say the same here.

I don't like Speed Dominions for one reason: they can turn into a competition. Are there some good ones out there? I have no doubt. What can happen, despite our best of intentions, is that someone will twist it into a competition. Everyone has a good amount of planets, so if one of the fractions lose a planet or two, more material for the story. We're here to create stories worthy of remembering, not bicker about who is winning or losing.

On that note, I prefer to have everyone involved in the thread equally, not exclude people because the thread is done within two to three hours. I have class and work between 8 am to 9 pm daily, except for weekends. Yeah, people had fun, but I would not be able to post reliably =( If they do a Dominion over, say, a week, then I'd be happy with that =) It gives everyone a chance to be apart of it, rather than give people only a few hours to do something. This is just my opinion though, based on my limited timeframe to be apart of things.

As for the "RP Ideal", I love detail =) Whatever I write, there will always be a lot of it. I tend to RP with people that can also give detail, though they obviously don't have to match me post for post. What threads I've been apart of, I have enjoyed myself =) From past years, I don't always get the same enjoyable experience when RPing with one-liners, but that's just my preference. It's always up to the person what they enjoy doing, and mine is giving detail. Nothing wrong with one-liners.

However, I do agree with for a Dominion, whether it's a Speed Dominion or not, should have more detail than a sentence or two per post, to give the Dominion more...credibility, since it is about trying to take a planet after all. I speak about generally, but I haven't read many Dominion threads yet, so my opinion is only based on my reasoning, not what I have seen and read.

Vereaux said:
I mentioned in another thread my opinion of Speed Dominions, but I'll say the same here.

I don't like Speed Dominions for one reason: they can turn into a competition. Are there some good ones out there? I have no doubt. What can happen, despite our best of intentions, is that someone will twist it into a competition. Everyone has a good amount of planets, so if one of the fractions lose a planet or two, more material for the story. We're here to create stories worthy of remembering, not bicker about who is winning or losing.

On that note, I prefer to have everyone involved in the thread equally, not exclude people because the thread is done within two to three hours. I have class and work between 8 am to 9 pm daily, except for weekends. Yeah, people had fun, but I would not be able to post reliably =( If they do a Dominion over, say, a week, then I'd be happy with that =) It gives everyone a chance to be apart of it, rather than give people only a few hours to do something. This is just my opinion though, based on my limited timeframe to be apart of things.

As for the "RP Ideal", I love detail =) Whatever I write, there will always be a lot of it. I tend to RP with people that can also give detail, though they obviously don't have to match me post for post. What threads I've been apart of, I have enjoyed myself =) From past years, I don't always get the same enjoyable experience when RPing with one-liners, but that's just my preference. It's always up to the person what they enjoy doing, and mine is giving detail. Nothing wrong with one-liners.

However, I do agree with for a Dominion, whether it's a Speed Dominion or not, should have more detail than a sentence or two per post, to give the Dominion more...credibility, since it is about trying to take a planet after all. I speak about generally, but I haven't read many Dominion threads yet, so my opinion is only based on my reasoning, not what I have seen and read.
This is so cool... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom