Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public New Year Gala | Kingdom of Naboo

skin, bone, and arrogance

dyrn_new_spacer1.png

The sound of crystal shattering against marble was the first indication to Natasi that something was amiss.

She hadn't felt the tumblr slip from her fingertips, or the weight lift from her hand. For a moment, all was silence and stillness around the Senator; even the music had faded into the background, replaced by the yawning silence, which in turn gave way to the incoherent rush of adrenaline in her ears. But only for a moment.

Then, heads swiveled toward her to see what all the commotion was. Whispers swarmed like pests.

-- think she's all right? --

-- is wrong with that woman? --

-- Galidraanis can't hold their liquor, I've always --

In a flash, a very solicitous waiter was at her side, reassuring her and guiding her to one side, out of the puddle of gin and faintly bubbly tonic. "I'm so sorry," the Supreme Leader mumbled to the waiter, though her eyes never left the face of Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze , not for a single second. Like any good Galidraani sportswoman, Natasi Fortan didn't take her eye off the game until it was dead. "Don't know what came over me," she murmured to the waiter.

Another waiter had come with a few cloths and knelt to collect pieces of the crystal. The first waiter said, "Think nothing of it, madam. Can I bring you another?"

"No," Natasi said. "Thank you. I really am terribly sorry about all the fuss."

The waiter waved her apologies away, muttering about how these things happen and then, less than a minute after Natasi dropped the glass, the mess was cleaned and the waiters left the two women alone -- or relatively alone -- once again.

Natasi's eyes hadn't turned cold. At first she had been bewildered, her eyes widening. But then she had realized that she was not, in fact, being pranked. Still, the Alor's response was not what she had expected to hear if the two women had ever crossed paths again. Forthcoming with the truth -- admitting who she was --was surprising enough, but to profess to a desire to apologize...

What kind of game is she playing anyway?

"I confess myself -- surprised," Natasi said, uncharacteristically blunt. A brief pause, then: "Well... by any number of things, really. Perhaps, most of all that you would have any interest whatever in my forgiveness. You weren't especially reticent about your utter disgust for me -- personally -- and my profession, the nation I once led, and the body in which I currently sit." She spread her hands, now unburdened by her cocktail. "I don't think I've ever met anyone to have such a poor opinion of someone they'd just met."

There was a faint note of humor to her voice then.

Q1C3xHp.png

There was no screaming, and no brusque retreat from the conversation. No, Natasi Fortan seemed all but locked in stupefied horror, if only for a fleeting moment: and then, the tense pause came to an end, and reality caught up with them both. The initial shock faded as the waiters set about cleaning the mess diligently, their impeccable work ethic (and the ever-shifting attention of the crowd) ensuring that the two women were free to gauge one another once more soon after. Even as the Galidraani noblewoman spoke to them to politely refuse an offer for them to fetch her another glass, Jenn found those eyes locked onto her features, as if she might just disappear if she so much as blinked.
A disconcerting turn of event, perhaps, and one that left her mortified. The careful separation of the Alor and the woman beneath the armor was tenuous at the best of times, and, ideally, shared only with trusted friends and members of her clan. But Natasi was neither, and now... now, she could only watch as the carefully-crafted barrier came crashing down before someone with little reason to afford her any measure of privacy.
Waiting patiently for the Senator to recover, the Alor was the first to break their mutual gaze, choosing to look on over to Kalantha Kalantha as the esteemed Queen of Naboo presented the Globe of Peace, the words she uttered claiming the Forgemistress' attention, if for but a moment. Justice, Peace, and Integrity? A similar set of values to clan Kryze's new motto of Truth, Justice, Honor. Perhaps there would be a chance for her to investigate more closely just how dedicated the monarch was to the notion of driving back the darkness... another time.
Natasi spoke at last, and she immediately turned back to look her way. Without the Y visor and the Jaig Eyes staring down the Senator, her captor had a face, and so she seemed less inhuman.
"Correct", answered the Alor simply, taking her glass of water in hand and taking a sip, if only to busy her hands. "My opinion of the Galactic Senate has not changed, and neither has my disposition towards Imperial sentiments. But I hardly need to find the views you espouse agreeable in order for me to realize that I acted rashly, and unjustly- that for all of my disdain towards what you represent, your words aboard the Ans Corvo were the truth."
Admitting one's faults was never an easy thing for Mandalorians to do, even more so when it came to outsiders - but if she was to lead her people towards a path of honor, then she truly had no excuse not to hold herself to a moral standard. Self-righteousness was weakness, and weakness was a choice.
"The order may have come from another, but the fault lies upon the hand who swings the sword. I boarded a diplomatic vessel, brutalized you, maimed your colleague, and covered myself in shame while doing so. I then had you tossed into a cell like a common criminal, and brought a Crusader to make you talk. That you treated my people as one would barbarians upon our first meeting does not justify any of these acts. That is why I choose to present my apologies to you, your Imperial Majesty."
Of her assessment of Natasi herself, the Owl did not breathe a word.

Bastila Sal-Soren

B

3d898f64831b44dabec6b276bdbb1c91_1.gif

JediDivB.png

Wearing: XxXx
Equipment: None (Lightsaber stashed away...)
Tag: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania | Makko Vyres Makko Vyres | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr | Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira
B-S1.png

In the grandeur of the opulent palace, where the air was laced with an ethereal blend of laughter and music, Bastila Sal-Soren made her entrance to the gala—a vision of grace and confidence that stole the breath of those who laid eyes upon her. The youngest of the Sal-Soren kin, was adorned in a gown that bespoke both elegance and regality. The finest silk, a canvas of cream-colored richness, flowed around her like a whisper, catching the light and exuding a subtle rose-golden sheen. A tri-layered waistband and a matching neckpiece adorned her, adding a touch of refinement to the ensemble. Her choice of attire was a harmonious dance between tradition and modernity, a reflection of her own duality.

The palace's magnificent halls echoed with the symphony of footsteps, the rustle of silk, and the murmur of hushed conversations. A cascade of crystal chandeliers bathed the surroundings in a soft, warm glow, casting a magical ambiance over the event. One shoulder of the gown delicately exposed her tanned skin, a teasing glimpse of a sun-kissed radiance beneath the luminous fabric. The gentle curves of her face were adorned with makeup that enhanced rather than obscured—a testament to Bastila's understanding that true beauty lies in embracing one's authenticity. Brown eyes, lined with golden amber that seemed to cradle the outer edge of her iris, held a magnetic allure.

She would mingle with some, speak briefly to others before eventually finding her way to her older brother, Brandyn Sal-Soren. She noticed his presence shift slightly through the Force, tilting her head sideways in curiosity. She'd look behind her briefly and then back to Brandyn, bringing a concerned hand upon his upper shoulder. "Bran? You ok...?" She could feel the displeasure and the confusion of her brother - clearly he was seeing things that Bastila was not.

JediDivB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Empires Rise and Fall

tZ1s4tq.png
JcdHwsy.png
Sarlow could not have known, not in the truest sense what it was that Lina sought. Nor could he have known just where this was going to take them, but he did know what was in his heart. When their kiss had ended, Sarlow smiled softly and spoke plainly, "let us rejoin the others." They had spent long enough out on the balcony, having missed the Queen's speech entirely. The Wolf Prince with Lina Zambrano Lina Zambrano on his arm walked back into the main ballroom. Dancing, drinking, and general merriment went on around them. Sarlow looked at Lina and gave her a warm smile. Surrounded by friends, foes and those who would take advantage of either. The Naboo Gala had certainly shaped up into an interesting event, certainly it was one way to ring out the New Year.

Scanning the crowd he caught sight of his father Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex and his entourage. He gave his father a nod of acknowledgment, the smile on the Epicanthix's face alone would have told him everything he needed to know. The Wolf Prince was perhaps finally getting his life together. The night was still young and plenty could still happen, but for the moment, he was happy knowing that his feelings for Lina had been confessed. She returned his feelings in kind, and for once, all was right in the galaxy.

"Something like that, forget exactly, I'll have to see next time I gotta pull someone outta there. Or take a day trip to get away from the insanity of the galaxy for a bit. Major problem is finding the portal to get there and back. Opening one on your own is more than a little taxing and most of the rituals are time consuming and rather more dark sided than I would personally care to involve myself with..." Again with the smile that said he knew more about the topic than he let on. Was this something he had done or simply knew of? Those were important distinctions to make, the way he chuckled at the obvious discomfort of both Tahraqos Yvarro Tahraqos Yvarro and Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro would lead them to think it was in fact no more than part of the joke in the end. "Yep. The flask that I have kept with me ever since Fio had it made for me. Forget what exactly it was for, think it might have been part of payment for something maybe?"

Before he could say anything else Raqos went and called Ivalyn old. And would have been absolutely disintegrated if looks could kill, holy hell a Class D disruptor had nothing on that glare. All Kurayami could do was laugh at the position the young man had put himself in and watch as the two went back and forth for a moment. He sipped at his drink as they traded barbs, careful not to drop the champagne flute when Ivalyn shoved a biscuit from a passing waiter's tray in her cousin's mouth.

Right about this time the Queen was making her speech about peace and the state of Naboo in the galaxy and something or another replete with a presentation of the Globe of Peace. It was a nice gesture, and he was sure that the speech had been one that was riveting, but with the two he was assigned to watch at each other over the minor slight Kurayami had been preparing to step in if it escalated any farther and had sadly missed most of the speech, catching only snippets here and there and seeing the presentation of the ancient relic. After the speech came an expected but seemingly late announcement, it seemed that Raqos' father had decided to show up. Most interesting. The smirk that was almost always plastered on the Corellians features returned as he introduced himself to the Nabooian nobleman. "An honor to meet you Mr. Vile. As your son so kindly informed you, I am Kurayami Bloodborn, longtime friend of the Yvarro family and here to keep an eye on these two this fine evening."

As he was finishing up his introduction to Djonas Vile Djonas Vile there was another motion off to the side and more importantly the feeling of a familiar presence approaching the small group. This was followed almost immediately by Ijaat speaking directly to Kurayami, how long it had been it was hard to say exactly. Quite sometime though. " Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel . Been quite sometime old friend, and yes anytime I see someone outside of a battlefield it is quite welcome especially a former ally. Seems the years have been kind to you as well." Taking a sip from the flute in his hand he had to remind himself not to slap Raqos upside the head in front of the boy's father. Instead he simply laughed at the incredulity of the two cousins. "You two wound me. I had quite a bit going on before I was relegated to mostly babysitting you and your ilk. Everything from Merc work to recovering artifacts older than that Globe of Peace up there. Fought off a couple interdimensional/interplanar threats too, but those are stories for another time perhaps."

Tags : Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Makko Vyres Makko Vyres | Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Objectives : I & III , Freak Out

Sliding through the crowd effortlessly, Makai was paused for a brief moment by someone who recognized him from a mining conference. A mineral baron, a middle aged man who had made his fortune on heavy metals in asteroids. The story reminded him a bit of his own father, which might had been why they both had hit it off at the conference.

Free once again, Makai worked his way next to bar when he would have sworn he saw galactic superstar Jang Keek, of Bongton Boys fame. The group was on hiatus as the members had to complete their mandatory military service, but the man in question had recently released a single Makai had on repeat during his early morning runs. It was catchy and he really couldn't deny being a bit of a fan of BTS before their hiatus. A guilty pleasure he supposed.

The pop-star-that-in-actuality-wasn't was with a regal looking blonde woman. A date? Girlfriend? Makai listened to the music and didn't read the gossip on the holonet, so he could only assume. Body language gave every indication they shared their nights together.

Alright, you go Jang Keek, I see you.

The half-Galan was stealing glances at the pair as he waited in the bar line, not wanting to seem like some crazed fan. It was a royal gala, lots of movers and shakers were in the building, no need to seem like an uncultured backwater idjit. The dark-haired man wasn't the only celebrity present.

Topaz gaze finally had to tear away, he was next up at the bar.

N A B O O
OBJECTIVE I: Great Ballroom | Objective III
Open for interaction or chatting| Glistaweb Outfit & Items | x | x | x |
Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Eventually Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell for my whiskey

ac93b36e5024f731e7630d239f7e6bc9.jpg
"Well, reckon my son will be returnin' soon. He was a dear and went to grab me a drink with a bit of a kick. Although I done told him he should run off and enjoy some younger company." Danger chuckled with humor, addressing Valery Noble Valery Noble 's inquiry about being kept waiting while turning to Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble in amusement regarding being unable to deny a mother the food she's craving. Upon closer inspection, it was very easy to see the amount of affection and care he held for his beloved as much as the pleasure the Grandmaster beamed from the loving ministrations.

"Well, as my momma used to say, treatin' a mom-to-be kindly is like maintainin' the hyperdrive," Danger began, a twinkle in her emerald eyes as she spun her yarn, " -- keep things steady, address issues promptly, and make sure she felt like the queen of the galaxy."

With a lingering chuckle, the Queen of Trade extended her hand over to Valery first in greeting.

"Danger Arceneau, of Arceneau Trade Company," the redhead matron introduced herself with a genuine smile curving over her full lips, that soft twang floating over the pair in a husky salutation. She smiled at Valery and Kahlil, warmth radiating from her countenance.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

yY25iSp.png
Ship: The Red Night
Outfit: X
Tag: Lossa Aureus Lossa Aureus Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
Objective: 1 - Dance Hall

Lossa surrounded the two of them in a haze of pheromones that made him feel... aggressive? Gatz didn't his best to clear his mind of that. But right now, he felt like pummeling anyone who so much as looked at Lossa wrong. It was unnatural—well, actually, he supposed it was perfectly natural for Lossa. But for him to be so... furious? Gatz was many, many things—few of them good—but an angry man wasn't one of them, usually.

"I'm a lot better at scary than official," Gatz admitted, breathing deeply to push his manufactured aggravation away, "I'm street scum, Lo. If I hadn't been mind-jacked by Briana, I wouldn't even know what official looks like."

Gatz decided to just furrow his brows, and hope that conveyed a sense of urgency and frustration. That ought to ward people off.

He spotted the bar soon enough, and with it, came Briana in a very silver dress. That showed a lot of her leg. Like, her whole leg. Gatz shook his head and sighed. The Sal-Sorens always had to attend a party with flair, didn't they? Gatz was about to approach with Lossa when he saw Aiden sweep in.

Taller, built larger, more athletic, and just as blonde. Aiden made Gatz look like a deteriorated clone. Like half a man. And soldiers had always made him deeply uncomfortable. Nice guy, good man, but he gave Gatz anxiety—probably because he'd literally been in the man's girlfriend's head, and what boyfriend would be comfortable with that?

Gatz stopped his stride, and he hoped that didn't trip Lossa or make her stumble. He looked down at the gift in his hand, knots twisting in his stomach. Maybe this was a dumb idea, and maybe he was holding a stupid gift. And maybe he shouldn't disrupt Briana and her boyfriend, who she looked overjoyed to see.

"Hey," Gatz spoke at last, uncertainty unmistakable in his voice, "maybe let's leave Briana and Aiden alone."

There was dancing to be done, right? And as much as he had wanted to ask Briana for a dance, he wasn't going to steal her out from under Aiden's nose. They got so little time with one another as it was. And his gift was a stupid little thing, and it could wait for a better time—a time when he wouldn't be interrupting one of Briana's few moments of leisure.

Naboo
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau

Alright then, keep your secrets.

Valery looked at him with a challenging grin and decided to just walk with him. She knew he had set up all of this and that was enough for him to have scored an endless amount of brownie points for tonight. Enough to have her forget about the more problematic people attending, and even enough to forget about the Galaxy and all its issues.

It was just him and her.

"I see. It's... definitely something." Valery wasn't quite sure what to think of her having worked with Carnifex, but if Kahlil wasn't overly wary of her, then neither would she. Her demeanor seemed friendly enough as well, and once she began to speak after they made their way over, Valery felt herself quickly taking a liking to her.

She felt incredibly welcoming.

"He always makes me feel like a Queen," Valery said with rosy cheeks and a tightening grip around his arm. Somehow, the woman's words made her love him just a little more. Perhaps because there was something inherently sweet to even outsiders noticing just how much he cared for his wife.

"Valery Noble, of the New Jedi Order," Valery then introduced herself before she took the offered hand and shook it. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I figured that we'd try to socialize a little. It's easy to get swept up in a dance and just spend the entire night with one person, you know?" She chuckled and looked up at Kahlil. Not that she'd mind being alone with him at all, but it was nice to sometimes meet some new people.

Perhaps make new friends.

"Ah," Anodyne lit up in recognition. That was why this woman seemed familiar; She was a Senator. Sycorax's question left her with sudden pause. No one had really asked her what being an ambassador was like before. Anodyne's lips twisted again, and after a beat she answered, "Truth be told… More complicated than I expected, and less rewarding than I hoped."

"My home sits right on the border of the Sith client state. We fear occupation, so I was sent to secure relations with the only government strong enough to challenge them. Most in the Alliance commiserate, but, there's little to be done. Preemptive measures are scarce, and so much of my job is waiting."
Her gaze fixed back onto the ballroom, "But then I see Jedi and other Alliance faces rubbing elbows with their mortal enemies here. And I can't help but wonder how invested they really are. Jelucan doesn't have the clout Naboo has." She turned to Sycorax, "Will they care if my world becomes just another vassal to the dark side?"

div1.png
"Surprise," Aiden said with a grin from ear to ear when he saw that beautiful shimmer in her eyes. This was the reaction he had been hoping for — A mix of genuine surprise and joy to see him again. A mirror of his own feelings, after having been away from her side for far too long. Military duty was an important part of his life, and a side of himself that he couldn't easily be without, but he also couldn't deny the implications it had for their relationship.

How hard it must be for her at times, to have him so far away in dangerous situations. He felt much the same about her being a Jedi, but something about her strength made him less worried that she wouldn't make it home one day.

At least, the time apart made moments like these extra sweet.

"Did you now?" He looked her over without shame and let his gaze linger over everything he loved so much. The harder lines of muscles that defined the warrior she was, but also the feminine curves that made her picture perfect. Then, there was her smile — that was what he loved the most about her, and where his eyes remained still the longest. "You know me too well," Aiden finally added, his deep voice rumbling only inches away from her ears.

His arms widened to welcome her into his embrace, and first wrapped themselves around her back. One hand slowly slid up to gently hold the back of her head, as she rested against his chest. The other remained settled around her waist, just to keep her close. Their hearts now beat together, synchronizing rhythm and affection before she pulled back and leaned up. Aiden met her halfway, shifting up a hand to caress her cheek, while the other settled into the side of her neck. His head tilted just slightly, and with his eyes closed, he kissed her back and let everything else around him fade away from them.

"...I was worried I'd miss it, but I'm glad to be here with you. Let's make this night a special one, hm?" His softer smile turned into proper Corellian, before he lifted her feet off the ground with a grip around her waist. He spun with a widening grin, just to show the world how much he cared for her.

When she was finally allowed to stand again, he offered his hand and dipped his head, "May I have this dance?" He teased with mischief in his eyes.

He was planning something.

Mia followed Ijaat, a gentle touch on Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus arm in apology as she passed. they could talk anytime on Mandalore, but here, Ijaat needed to meet and greet people outside of Keldabe. There was opportunity that couldn't and shouldn't be missed. that was, after all why he had dragged her here. Mia fixed a polite smile to her face, accepting the hands offered though her attention was not entirely on them, beyond them on the other side of the room she had spotted wings, beautiful in black and red.

Mia traced them to the Valkyrie that bore them, and the man who had her arm.

Kaine fething Zambrano.

She sipped slowly at her wine, more for something to do with her hands that wasn't violent. Ijaat would feel her tension, coiled and ready like the warrior she was. A blink and she tore her eyes away, trying desperately to focus on the family and conversation before her.

Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn Tahraqos Yvarro Tahraqos Yvarro

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Kahlil Noble." He dipped his head respectfully, though didn't bother with a title. He knew of his father's opinion of Danger, of course. The same couldn't be said in the inverse, and truly he wanted to avoid involving his father in the slightest this evening. Grant it, he couldn't help but snicker as he glanced to Valery. How could he not treat her as a Queen?

For all intents and purposes, she very well could be one.

"As much as I enjoy keeping you to myself, I do agree that it's nice to meet new people. Though I won't hide that I do know you from my family's connection."

Right, there was no reason to hide that connection, less it soured the evening with a surprise. "I'm glad to know your business is still doing well."

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Lina didn't want to go back inside, going back inside was stepping into new territory all over again. It was finding her feet in another status change. Oh she could do it, she would do it well, but she wanted, in this moment, for Sarlow to sweep her up and take her anywhere else they could be alone. A small sigh and a nod of agreement and they moved back inside. Where Sarlow sought his fathers gaze, Lina caught sight of the blonde haired mandalorian heading for the gardens without Malum.

She gave Sarlow's arm a gentle squeeze before steering them towards Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr , he'd been on her radar for sometime. Even if they could not speak freely here, she did need, at the very least to arrange a meeting with him. "Lord Malum," she greeted extending a hand in greeting "We've not yet had the pleasure, I'm Lina Djo. I'm a fan of your work with the Tsis'kaar, they seem to be slowly finding their feet again under your care."

Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano

TdUbXmp.png

Objective II
Attire
: xxx
Tags: Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori

At first, Sycorax chuckled at Anodyne’s answer. As the ambassador spoke of the Sith threatening Jelucan, her smile faded.

That’s the way it goes,” she muttered with a sigh, leaning against a carved stone railing overlooking a pond. Her eyes searched the green water for signs of life.

"But then I see Jedi and other Alliance faces rubbing elbows with their mortal enemies here. And I can't help but wonder how invested they really are. Jelucan doesn't have the clout Naboo has. Will they care if my world becomes just another vassal to the dark side?"

Some will,” Sycorax said. “Most won’t.

It wasn’t a reassuring answer, but it was the truth. The average politician wasn’t concerned about planets other than their own, and that only as far as it benefited them. My home, my wealth, my loved ones. And who could blame them? No one else seemed to care.

A fish darted toward the surface of the pond, searching for food. “At the risk of you writing off what I say next as just another platitude…” she began, watching it nibble at a green plant floating in the water. “Quality over quantity. Don’t set out to appease as many people as possible in some vain attempt at bettering your chances. Make friends that do care. They can be counted on to pull through in your time of need.” The rest was up to the spirits. Or luck, as the secular folk called it.

rXNlCx5.png

Objective: 1 - Dance Hall
Wearing: Dress and Heels
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek

She'd meant her words as a tease given their current surroundings. His words a touch sharper than usual. The manufactured feelings perhaps too much and all too sudden for their situation.

His sudden pause bringing confusion to the one he'd linked an arm with as her whole body lurched at their abrupt stop.

Her eyes searching his while he spoke, uncertainty and a measure of something else under his words as he looked at the box in his other hand. Her lips parting to speak before he excused himself rather than allow her a second. Eyes widening as she was left alone in the sea of people. Stunned into silence as her thoughts reeled to put rhyme to reason, to put sense to the change in mood.

Some silent signal.

The whites of her eyes slowly disappearing behind the slight downturn of her whole expression. Shrinking into herself when she finally lost sight of him. The promise of dances now bitter as she tried to twine her hands together. The sensation of that lost arm tricking her once more into old habits as her fingers only found air instead of that passive comfort.

The sensation of loss more profound now in the abundant elation and thick haze of mirth around her. Even the presence of Sith hadn't tamped down such emotions.

All of it now sickeningly sweet as she was left standing among those that had turned up their nose at her.

This wasn't her space. This wasn't something she had grown up in. This wasn't what was comfortable for her. Much like that first kick onto a moving train, realization settled as her lip quivered, turned down in the corner as she kept her back turned to the bar. To keep Briana from seeing her hurt.

Not everything is about you.

Letting the nail of her finger settle into the flesh of her thumb to make her focus on something else. She hadn't even been able to tell him anything. Had he figured it out already? Is that why he? Is that why everyone that had danced with her earlier reacted in such a way? Was she just that... bad?

Sniffling a little as her fingers settled along the hem of her dress and felt the sewing there. Another distraction for her mind as she calmed. Collected herself for the evening.

Not everything was about her.

A silent mantra once more as she schooled her expression. A gathering of air as she forcibly pulled herself back to the present. She wasn't going to ruin another party. Wouldn't allow herself a streak of ruined events. The rim of tears making her eyes bright as she blinked rapidly to secure her expression. To keep any sign of wrong from being shown.

She was fine. Everything was alright.

It didn't feel like she'd just been left adrift once more by someone she'd felt something for. Squaring her shoulders and turning, the smile was nearly genuine. Plenty genuine to those without intimate knowledge of her habits. But Lossa wasn't going to dwell, pushing aside all of it and focusing on the now.

There would be time later to address what had happened. Maybe.

Shifting the sensation of her pheromones to something more muted. A sensation of numbness as she passed through the bodies that separated her from Briana and Aiden. Her cousin and her beau. He'd been a rock in her life, and a good friend to those around him. Friendly to her as well given how she tended to arrive like a whirlwind.

A touch of humor at the familiarity with his exasperated expressions upon her arrival added levity to her issues.

Pushing a manufactured smile into something as close to genuine it would take a professional to discern as she latched onto that feeling. Grinning at the blatant display soldier boy was putting on when she arrived next to them.

"Easy there tiger. You're making everyone jealous." Announcing herself as softly as she ever did with a devilish grin to both of them. What once might have been jealousy was flitting dangerously close to longing. Locked behind the mental barrier once more before she addressed Aiden directly.

"Glad to see you could make it! You alright?" Eyes drifting to a worried look at his hands and face.

AEJKPKD.png

Objectives : I & III , Spy on Jang Keek
Tags : Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Whisky procured from the bar, Makai decided to make his way back to the redhead matriarch by taking an odd route back to her. A route that took him past the man he suspected as galactic musical superstar, Jang Keek.

Not wanting to seem like a stalker, the half-Galan took a wandering path, one that skirted the edges once again. So at this distance, far away with beings in-between, squinting as if that would make the situation clearer, as if a revelation would occur.

Approaching the redhead he considered a mother, Makai saw her engaged in conversation with two others. He slowed his steps slightly, not wanting to intrude. Makai was grateful to see her interacting with the 'verse at large, taking those steps towards normalcy. Not that life would ever be normal again.

Yet it was a start.

Approaching the trio, Makai quietly offered the whisky towards Danger in an outstretched hand. He flashed a smile towards the two, a couple, not wanting to interrupt.

An adult he may be, in some ways he still felt like a little boy attending an event with the Queen of Trade. One of the first rules? Don't interrupt the adults conducting business.

Nevermind he was now the adult who conducted business and could speak his mind. It just seemed rude until spoken to at this point.

Red eyes met red, their breath melded between them, it was such a stupid risk, such idiocy to do this here and now. The psychometry could ruin them, if she saw something he did, if he felt the pain she felt, it would be the Korriban Masquerade all over again, yet this time it would not be contained simply to him, Adeline, and Sophia in the corners of the room. It would happen here, at the forefront, with all in attendance witnessing his madness spewing forth.

That did not even cover what had happened so far, there were eyes on them, eyes from many a faction and power, Sith, Jedi, Mandalorian, and everything in between. They watched as a Sith Lord danced with a Mandalorian and their questions permeated through all gathered. Silent judgement, silent consideration, how could they use this to their advantage?

He did not care.

He had been raised to care so deeply, that galas, masquerades, and balls, they were not an opportunity for those of their station and class to gather and celebrate. No, no, no, they were places of advancement, places of advantage, where scandal was rife, and opportunity even rifer, where rivals and friends could be made over a drink of wine, where alliances and duels would be forged and fought in the backroom corners with smoke rising through the air.

He was taught to be perfect.

The perfect scion of Darth Marr.

Emotionless apart from what he feigned. graceful but strong, elegant but mighty. All had to be choreographed, all had to be an act.

His family would no doubt be horrified when they heard of this night when he danced with not only a Mandalorian but too a woman of a lower caste, that he did not simply do so for appearance sake, that his eyes had glimmered with joy, with desire, with...

With other emotions that he would not yet put to name.

He did not care what would come of this, what questions were raised, what others would think or how others thought this could be used against him. All he desired was this present happiness, this present joy.

The problems of tomorrow could come tomorrow.

The desires of the now had to be sated now.

So it was, as lips approached each other...

"...Elise..."

...That names were exchanged, he threw aside all other distractions, the sound of music, the presence of all others, leaving only them.

All until an announcement broke through the air.

"Ijaat of House Mereel, Manda'lor the Rekindler and Mia Monroe of Clan Ordo."

He resisted the frustration, resisted the hurt, as he was pushed away. Resisted the anger that bubbled beneath the surface, the rage that would be so easily exploited by the entity swimming about in his brain, silent so far, silent and uncaring, and desiring to maintain its good fortune.

But their presence, the reminder of their presence, reminded of other presences, of Kaine, and others who triggered memories which he could not, would not be able to sanction, as his brain began to grow light. His breathing grew heavier, as his hand desperately moved up to take hold of his amulet, momentary relief as his mind rapidly and rationally thought things through.

Oh, he had never wanted to kill those two Moridinazid more than now. Considering how close he had come to killing one of them, and the encounter with the other upon his Dreadnought, perhaps that was not too surprising, yet, he could not do that. Oh, while he certainly would love to, he did need them.

And the fact he refused to admit to himself.

Killing them might be something more difficult than an uphill battle.

So he stood still, containing the madness, containing the hurt as Elise continued speaking, his ears were ringing with blood as he attempted to calm himself.

It was robotic, he saw her curtsy, and so he bowed, he was barely in control of himself, his form tensing, "A pleasure indeed, Lady Vizsla..." He needed to get away from her.

Needed to get away from her before all the forces on his soul snapped, and he did something he would sorely regret.

She mouthed something more to Malum, the words made obvious as they silently drifted across Malum's mind. "Meet me outside? There's too many karking eyes here."

He winced, nodding at the words as she quickly took flight, the fragment far from happy at having to share his mind with another, even if it was for a moment. Interference at he- it's goals, was nothing it never forgave. Unfortunately, even with Elise's disappearance, leaving him alone on the dance floor. He could not experience relief.

She gave Sarlow's arm a gentle squeeze before steering them towards Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr , he'd been on her radar for sometime. Even if they could not speak freely here, she did need, at the very least to arrange a meeting with him. "Lord Malum," she greeted extending a hand in greeting "We've not yet had the pleasure, I'm Lina Djo. I'm a fan of your work with the Tsis'kaar, they seem to be slowly finding their feet again under your care."

He turned, doing his best to bring his face back to equilibrium, back to the emotionless mask that it should have been, how successful he was with that, as he fought the spear repeatedly stabbing him in the brain was anyone's guess.

"Lady Djo..." He trailed off, maybe in better times he could have remembered the name, but at the moment such concerns were far from his mind, still taking the offered hand, he laid a kiss upon it, "Indeed we have not, something to be rectified I am sure," He provided his best approximation of a charming smile, wide, and feigned, "I thank you for your kind words, it has certainly been an uphill struggle, but all for the glory of our Emperor, of course," It was the first time he was interacting with fellow Sith this evening, and it would do no good for him to give anything away, and claiming himself to Empyrean's loyalist was neither entirely false nor, controversial.

Gazing up, dulled and inflamed eyes caught the side of a familiar face.

Familiar in who it reminded him of, he was confident he had never met the man before, but knowledge of who his father was gave him enough to go off.

"Lord Zambrano," Who knew which Zambrano, Bogan knew there were far too many, "A pleasure to meet you as well, please pass my respects to your father." As much respect as the Twice-Failed Emperor deserved.

He could not help the wince he gave out at the metaphorical stab in his brain.

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Lina Zambrano Lina Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano Sarlow Zambrano

Black_hair_digital_male_photorealistic_man_red_eyes_s-319372740.png

Last edited:

Dreamseer_flair.png

rXNlCx5.png

elisemaybe.png

While Elise moved about the refreshments bar, trying to look like she was minding her business, she heard the name Marr mentioned from a little ways away. Her Eldorai ear twitched in response, and she tilted her head and used the Force to listen.

"But at least King Marr's fashion sense is good for something…it elevates that fairly average number his blonde companion chose to grace us with."

Her dress was... average? Hadn't Malum said he loved it? Hurt, Elise's eyes instinctively bounced about the room, looking for her lover. As Elise shoved a donut into her mouth, she spotted Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr speaking to a young woman. The woman's facial features and jet black hair strangely reminded Elise of Mevia, despite the woman being human. But Elise's eyes traced down, looking at her dress. It was a red dress, like her's, but far more... showy. The gothic glitter and patterns complimented the crimson cloth, and Elise realized just how much skin was exposed with that dress. And Malum was... kissing her hand.

The strangest, nastiest feeling developed within Elise's core. The feeling was terrible, made her want to vomit. For it was so intense, and hastily threatening to consume. Her mind flashed back to all the times Malum had complimented her, looked at her, and whispered sweet nothings to her. The thought of him doing the same things with another woman made her want to scream, cry, and maim. It was a fast working venom, this jealousy.

Her cheeks were red as she heavily gulped the food in her mouth. But in the corner of her ear, she overheard, "That girl is shoving so much food into her face. Do you see the crumbs?"

"How is she not the size of a house!?"

Elise grimaced, lifting her gloved hand and wiping her face. She had chocolate frosting smeared on. Humiliation unknown caused her to tear up, as she whimpered, "I... have a high metabolism..."

Prior to meeting Malum, Elise had never contemplated her... appearance. She had always been a mission focused, success driven prodigy. She trained to fight, learned to heal, and studied history books to try and figure out how she was going to improve this broken galaxy. Boys had always been a mere after thought; a distraction that would bar her from her full potential. But then... that lonely ship crashed into her homeworld, and she pulled the man she would come to know as Malum from the wreckage. He had awakened feelings in her she had never felt before... and tonight, he continued to do so. Indirectly this time.

Elise glanced around, looking at the women in the room with new eyes. She noticed a zeltron with a vibrant, orange dress that glistened in the light. Zeltrons were notorious for their allure, and this zeltron was an immediate eye magnet. There was another zeltron with purple hair, wearing a skeleton inspired dress with a pretty hat. In another corner of the room, she spotted a winged Valkyrie with a tight, revealing dress she'd personally deam inappropriate for a gala. But there she was, a seductress. In the same room as-

Elise gritted her teeth and shook her head. But everywhere she looked, she saw it. She noticed a dark haired, tan woman with another revealing dress that showed off her figure. The golden dress perfectly complimented her skin tone. Elise looked, then she looked over to her reflection in the nearby punch bowl.

Her eyes were red and puffy, and snot slid down her nose. Tears streaked down her face, making her look swollen and ugly. The Ajayid pulled her hat from her head and covered her face, shuddering. Shy, shameful eyes glanced around. Even Mia was wearing a gorgeous dress! But who was Elise, this peasant, who wore a simple, unappealing dress?

Malum was a noble. Malum was a king. Malum was at the top of the Galaxy. He probably had swarms of girls chasing after a noble's prestige. Attractive twi'liks and pretty mirialians. Regal nautolans and alluring dathomirians. Elise was a muddy, gross mesh of four different species, all melded into something that appeared more average than anything else. So many women here had assets that were far more impressive than her's as well. Malum was within the Sith Order. The females of the Sith were... not known for modesty. And suddenly, Elise saw the truth. That Malum was a powerful, royal man who had to prestige to attract any girl he wanted. And she knew that many, many girls would probably want someone like him. Alluring and dark, but frank and sincere. Well learned, smart, articulated. A stunning and brilliant man... who was equally a lovable dork and an approachable nerd. Malum was her heart's desire, but how could his heart want her when... all these girls around her... clearly outclassed her.

The sting of it all was unbearable.

Elise turned and ran for the garden, unable to take any of this anymore. Hat in her hand, the tear drenched girl ducked away whenever anyone tried to stop her and see if she was alright. No, she was fine. She would be fine. They could not help her, after all, when her vision grew green at the thought of him courting another. Eternally wretched and forlorn, Elise darted into the gardens and ran. She ran until she came across a fountain, deep in the garden, and slammed her gloved hands against the concrete brim. She looked into the water's reflection, and she hated what she saw.

"Haar'chak!"

Her back throbbed as she fell to the ground, bringing her hands to her face. "Haar'chak! You're hideous! You're an insignificant peasant trying to earn the admiration of a king! You're a traitor! A butcher of your own kind! Jari'eyc dala! You don't deserve the happiness you crave! Traitor! You don't deserve him!"

He was a Sith. She was a Mandalorian. The Mandalorians were a thorn in the Sith's side; and the Sith butchered and defiled Mandalore. The Sith had slaughtered so many of her people... and yet... Elise loved him. She could not understand, nor could she see their future. But was there a future for them? When there were so many easier, better choices for the noble than sneaking around to court an underwhelming girl? He could court duchesses and princesses within his own mansion. And it would be easier, safer, and more enjoyable for him. Was Elise only a fool, to think she stood a chance? She was a peasant. She was underwhelming and blemished in appearance. She was far from the curviest or most pronounced of women. And she was his sworn enemy.

"Haar'chak!"

Head against the fountain's base, she lifted her arm and slammed her fist into the fountain. Repeatedly

"Haar'chak! Haar'chak! Haar'chak!"

Sobs wrecked her as the green grass stained her legs and dress skirt. She grinded her teeth. Heartbreak, jealousy, and insecurity tormented her.

"Haar'chak!"

She clawed the fountain base, chipping her nails. And she pleaded, "Don't leave me...!"

FlapperDress.jpg

elisemaybe.png

The best things, come to those who wait. That was the saying wasn't? Ansisa had been prowling, looking for trouble and trouble in a sense had come to her, in the form os a sobbing mess of blonde hair.

Ansisa placed a soothing hand on the girls head, gently stroking her hair, materialising perched on the edge of the fountain.

"You poor thing." She cooed, her eyes glittering with barely concealed delight at a new plaything "You shouldn't be weeping over a man, especially not a king. Something as pretty as you deserves better."

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom