Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public New Year Gala | Kingdom of Naboo

div1.png
There wasn't a better feeling in the world, than seeing his beloved this happy. Lossa's smiles, especially after having seen her rather upset, only added to the joy Aiden felt. But as the clock ticked closer to midnight, he couldn't stop the tension from rising in his chest anymore. His mind started to drift, filled with irrational fears and insecurities about his plan for tonight and his life beyond.

Their lives beyond.

Despite this, he maintained a cool exterior and guided the two beautiful women along in their dance. His gaze lingered longer on Briana though, especially tonight, but he figured Lossa would understand. Briana was special to him, for more reasons than he could ever hope to list. That's what it meant to love someone.

With his attempt to share his scheme with Lossa, Briana began to understand that something was up, so he knew his time was running out. He wasn't one to leave her in the dark whilst telling someone else, after all, and Aiden couldn't stop grinning anymore to hide how he felt either. A mix of nervousness and excitement sent his heart rate into overdrive.

The dance continued, their bodies swirling around each other with grace, but right as the music built up to its crescendo, Aiden pulled Briana close and kept her still. His emerald gaze slid down to meet her eyes, noting that sly smirk he met with his own,
"No. In fact, my plots are between us two," he said with a confident tone of voice but sweaty palms.

This was it.

Aiden closed the gap between them with a single step and felt his lips curl into a smile on their own. One hand kept her steady by the waist, while the other moved up to cup her cheek, "There are so many things I want to say, Bri. So many reasons why I love you, and why I want to spend the rest of my life together. But right now, only one thing matters." Aiden's hand shifted down from her cheek to gently take her left hand. He dipped down to one knee, and used his other hand to produce a small box from within his pocket.

Time froze in that very moment, as he looked up into her eyes and became oblivious to everything and everybody else around them. The slightly damaged and worn-out box flipped open and revealed a ring in its cushioned center.

"Will you marry me?"

Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Q1C3xHp.png

Jenn was equally as fascinated by the elegant lady standing before her, of course, but qualifying her interest as mere curiosity would be a gross misunderstanding of the situation. No, what she felt for this haughty monarch was far more complicated, and damnably so. The cryptically ominous words uttered by the Galidraani aristocrat, the hand graciously offered as one would a respected opponent... it painted a picture, and one that left her almost desperate.

Things would have been so much easier for her if Natasi Fortan simply met the revelation of who she was with open disgust, directed that cold gaze of hers right into her eyes, sent some particularly painful pique her way, then left her by the bar. At least, Jenn would have known where they stood, and what she could consider this woman who kept on dancing between aggravating her... and leaving her thoroughly, impossibly captivated. That smirk promised nothing good for Jenn, nor for her Clan, and yet, here she was, appreciating the sight of it as if the most beautiful woman she had laid eyes on was not, in fact, someone whose station had once been Supreme Leader of the First Order, and whose loathing for her people would endure because of what Jenn had done.

Or perhaps she was wrong. More than anything else, the Owl sought to strangle that notion before it could coalesce, but alas... the heart wants what the heart wants.

Reaching out to take the Senator's hand into her own, Jenn shook it a little less firmly than she otherwise should would have. For but a moment, something within the Alor shifted: piercing gray eyes turned a deep, inescapable touch of ocean blue, the very sight of them capable of beckoning those not quite expecting such a thing to a state most would generously call agreeable-

And then the moment passed, and the otherworldliness the Mandalorian had about her seemed to vanish in but an eyeblink, realization sweeping over her. Losing control was unacceptable for a warrior of her caliber, even less so now that she stood in a position of power among her Clan: there was no choice but to put distance between herself and the individual whose words and presence uncountenanced her so.

"I hope our paths cross again, your grace", came Jenn's response as their hands parted- and, with a hurried dip of her head, she was quick to turn heels and excuse herself to a place where she may assert control over herself once more.

rXNlCx5.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Naboo Palace | Tag: Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek , Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Confusion initially clouded her thoughts at the suddenness of his confession, and the seriousness in which he relayed his sentiment as he held her fast.

But then he knelt, and the world seemed to tilt on its axis. Briana felt her heart rush into her throat as she realized what was happening, and for a moment, she feared that she might choke on it.

Her eyes flickered to her cousin for confirmation. Had Aiden said what she thought he said? Of course he had. She was no fool. Only a person without ears could have missed those particular words, and though she’d stopped moving, she felt herself spinning. Slowly, Briana lowered the thick fan of her lashes to gaze at him as he knelt there before her. She studied his face, the earnest depth of his gaze that was unmoving, unblinking, and the nervous smile that ticked at the corners of his lips. Here was a man who had no trouble facing untold dangers without a second thought, yet was reduced to a bundle of nerves over a single question, over her.

It was both humbling, and heart-wrenchingly beautiful.

But was it all too fast? Too soon? They’d only just moved in together, the ink barely dried. Was the foundation they were building strong enough to withstand the weight of such a monumental step?

Her throat bobbed imperceptibly, gaze softening as an small awe-struck smile crept over her rosebud lips to replace the smirk that’d been there before. In every tale and every adventure her parents read to her as a child, the hero always faced a moment of choice, a leap of faith into the void, trusting that they'd find wings to fly. She’d long since grown out of the notion of fairy tales, but recognized that Aiden was that adventure, her very own leap of faith. And there was no else she’d rather fly with, or crash with, for that matter. He was every risk worth taking.

Gently, she reached out, her fingers brushing against Aiden's stubbled cheek with the lightest touch. "Yes, Aiden," she whispered, her voice a melodic affirmation of her deep, unwavering love for him, "A thousand times yes, I will marry you."

Last edited:
rWpvljT.png
"Right," Raqos wasn't entirely sure how to respond to what his father mentioned of his cousin, so he simply went along with it. "Yeah, of course," the young man agreed, "I'll be back later, Mr. Bloodborn, and it's been a pleasure." He gave a respectful bow toward Mr. Bloodborn's friends acknowledging them before walking away with his father. The gardens were as beautiful as any garden he supposed, to him he'd seen them all from one party to next either on Dosuun or elsewhere in the Commonwealth. "An interesting event so far, a few punches but doesn't seem to be much else, I thought the Sith and Jedi would surely start knocking each other about." Raqos commented, having not much else to say, not that he could think of to say at the very least.

"Um, how... how have you been?" That's how these things go, right? Raqos wondered if that was the appropriate start to this, "I'm not used to these sorts of parties. Mother seemed insistent that I attend and represent the family properly here tonight." Added the Dosuunian-born long lost son of Naboo. "Sorry if I'm not uh, well, I'm not sure what I'm to say at the moment."

Vulpesen managed to slip his way around those that stumbled past, chuckling at their stares at the beauty in his arms. He wasn't blind. He could tell that there were more than a few who thought that he'd scored the real prize of the night. Truth was however, that he simply saw more than most. It was hard to be taken by Mina's near perfect beauty when the force itself screamed at him that something was so fundamentally wrong. Still, unable to find what that might have been, he kept the dance, his polite smile never faltering.

"Small actions lead to small consequences. I suppose a cell can be as useful as a blaster bolt when it comes to removing someone from the galactic stage, if a bit more convenient if you need a piece to come back to the board." He lifted his arm, sending Mina into a graceful spin that he stepped around with the fluid ease brought by decades of practice in dueling footwork. It was in that spin that it hit him. She was perfect. Not a hair out of place, not a single stumble. Not a single nervous laugh. She was calculating and capable beyond what any human should find possible. The answer was simple. She wasn't human.

His arm, none the less, found its way back to her waist as the spin completed and he pulled her back close to him to continue their waltz on the floor that they now owned. Darth Vornskr himself was here and it wasn't the first time Vulpesen had danced with a beauty that might be an enemy. In truth, even what she wasn't wasn't proof of what she might be. "A great question. There's been a few. Togoria, I stopped my first Genocide. Hapes, I got buried alive. Empress Teta... that's when I joined the sith." He caught himself just as his feet almost faltered, disguising the mistake with a quick spin which led to him leading her backwards across the floor for a moment while his ears and the force ensured that he didn't back into another couple. "I was undercover, mind you, but it did leave a lasting effect. In the end, I believe my best moment was the battle of Veradune. No jedi who had lost my faith. No sith who I always hated. Just me and my people reclaiming our planet."

Vera Mina Vera Mina

Lily1_1.png

Lily2_1.png
Outfit: Dress
Equipment: None
Tags: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren | Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek | Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Lily had decided to dress slightly differently, adorning a colour palette that was more in line with the style of Naboo. Her personal preference was more cooler colours of blues and whites, however, the reds and purple were a look she had seen as Naboonian style. Her hair was braided, and falling down her left shoulder and she breathed in deeply. The gala was impressive event with alcohol flowing, plenty of people around and everyone seemed to be holding a conversation. It was a lot to take in, the young Echani noble was somewhat overwhelmed initially when she entered, the noise was a lot to take in and she could feel her chest tighten as she needed to find a spot that was quiet and time to calm herself.

Finding that in a large ballroom was difficult though. Leaning against a wall, she breathed in deeply and feeling her breath shaky and her hands wringed in anxiety. She was struggling too much, it was loud, the lights were bright and her senses were being overwhelmed from all sides. Her anxiety raised even more when she started to fear another Force-based outburst. It had been a long time since she had one, but she was fearing another outburst could happen again and that she hurt someone at the gala.

She needed her master. She needed help.

Realising this, her eyes scanned around the ballroom as she attempted to search for her master. Briana could be able to help calm the torrent of emotions, fears and sensory overload that Lily was suffering from. Spotting Briana with her partner and Lossa, Lily pushed herself off the wall and attempted to walk over to Master Sal-Soren. Part of the way over, she spotted the marriage proposal to her master and she knew enough to ensure that she did not ruin the moment for both Briana and Aiden.

Swallowing hard, Lily felt panic rising in her chest once more as she was lost on what to do. Unable to seek support from her master and unsure where she should go to calm down. Her face revealed nothing in terms of her panic or fear but the aura around her resonated everything she was feeling.

h6YIMi3.png

"Politics is an ancient and noble calling. Without politicians our societies would descend into anarchy."
- Padmé Amidala

rXNlCx5.png

OBJECTIVE 1: In Your Heart Shall Burn

0cqFaZb.png

Patiently, Queen Kalantha watched over the crowd from her perch. On the surface she looked like the very meaning of forbearance, but inside, her feelings were twisting like a colo claw fish. Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorians in the ballroom- the Trade Federation in the hangar- everyone wanted a piece of Naboo, but only if it meant the others couldn’t have it first. She observed them closely, but by the top of the hour, Kalantha was itching to walk among her guests.

She turned to one of the nearby handmaidens, a slight frown on her face.

I need to know what they’re thinking, hear what they’re saying. It’s time.

The young girl nodded her understanding. It was the duty of all the Queen’s handmaidens to be able and willing to convincingly serve as her decoy. It would take a matter of moments to make the swap, and while Kalantha regretted the lack of relations between Naboo and the rest of the galaxy, it would afford her an extra layer of anonymity - no one here knew the Queen’s face.

A half-hour later, Kalantha - now Inara Berenko - had shed her jubilation gown in exchange for an elegant dress that left her indistinguishable from the dozens of nobles in attendance. She felt so alien without her makeup and headdress, like some kind of reptilian spy who’d shed her skin to dwell among the world in secret… but uncannily, the secret was her. She was free to move about the grounds as she saw fit. To watch and to listen, to laugh and to talk. She gave a thankful nod to the handmaiden sitting on the throne, then stepped deeper into the crowds.

Inara remembered the galas she attended as a girl, when life was little more than school and keeping up appearances. Before the Cataclysm, before her father died. Before she the was Queen. A part of her wanted to rebuke the crown entirely and spend the evening reliving those memories, but she couldn’t force herself to be so selfish. Very few of the organizations present tonight had actually made an explicit intention of supporting Naboo, but that was the case when they were addressing Queen Kalantha. Perhaps with Inara Berenko, Junior Legislator, they’d be more forthcoming.

She motioned for Aiden Porte Aiden Porte to accompany her, his presence both a matter of security and of comfort. Aiden was the first person she met at the relief camp in Theed when the Berenko estate collapsed. He gave her food, water, and medicine, but he also offered something even more valuable: hope.

Thank you for being here,” Inara said as they strode through the room. She offered him her arm, hoping he’d ward off any suitors.

This gala means everything to our people. It could quite easily determine the fate of Naboo, should the path of war sweep our way.” She sighed, shifting uncomfortably under the metaphorical weight. “I want to get a feel for what the factions offer. What they’re here for.

She swallowed hard.

I need to know who’s willing to protect us, and at what cost.

Thank you for being here,

"Of course, I wouldn't have missed it." Aiden said with a smile as he took her arm and they moved throughout the area. She had a great weight on her shoulders. Aiden wasn't to sure how he could help other than giving her some friendly words and offering what knowledge and wisdom his young mind possessed. The Padawan had been through the ringer, but truth was that he was still young. Kalantha Kalantha was young as well, however he felt that she was doing a great job so far.

This gala means everything to our people. It could quite easily determine the fate of Naboo, should the path of war sweep our way.
I want to get a feel for what the factions offer. What they’re here for.

"Naboo has been through a lot. You will have to be their strength and hope. They will then step out and into the light and join you."

Aiden gave her arm a gentle squeeze. He knew Naboo would have to stand on its own at a point in time. Aiden knew that no one could get through this galaxy without assistance. Without friends or without guidance, Naboo's best days were still yet to come.

"Naboo is not alone, it never will be."

His breath hitched, and his eyes widened as so similar to his actions in moments past, she pursued his retreating form, wrapping her strong if lithe arms around him, denying him any chance to escape.

Not that he wished to.

Or did he?

He was uncertain, where certainty had been the tone of all his words, of all his thoughts, he was now uncertain.

A frown formed itself on his face.

One wiped away as her face pressed into his shoulder, and he felt the tears through his suit. It was instinctual, his arms again wrapping themselves around her, surprised that she had drawn herself back into his presence. Where words were wind, all she said had been said again, and again.

And had been left unsaid many more times.

Yet it was these actions.

These actions were which secured an insecure mind and heart, that had been trained all his life to be a confident mask, and nothing else. That weakness of such nature was to be held at bay, to be held in one's heart and extinguished in quick order. He was part of a family obsessed with power, part of an Order obsessed with strength, such was little surprise.

Eyes flickered between red and orange without his notice, as the emotion was caught in his throat, his amulet continued to burn against his chest, with her position, she no doubt felt it. It reached out to her, as the one within him whispered to draw away.

Yet it would be her.

It would be her that reached him first, an embrace he felt around himself physically, he now felt mirrored in his mind, a warm presence reaching out to him.

And it was only then, that he noticed.

They were not alone.

His eyes narrowed, as one of his hands immediately fell to his amulet, the uneasy calm settling over him, as he winced again.

He had not noticed her.

That was...

That was new.

And it was far too concerning.

His grip around her tightened, as he nestled her face into her golden locks, "I will..." How could he promise something he could far from guarantee with his place so insecure and dangerous? How could he say the words which would put her at ease, when they could so easily be lies?

It was the one thing he kept to.

The one thing he had promised himself.

He would never lie to her.

"I will stay at your side, for as long as you would have me, my Elsie," He burrowed his face further into her locks, as the numb battering ram still attempted to break out of his brain, "I will never..." His words stopped, choking on his words, on the emotions, on the lie, "I will..." He closed his eyes, "I will do my utmost to make sure she does not win."

Even though she would be all too necessary for what would come next.

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Dreamseer_flair.png

TdUbXmp.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise noticed Malum clenching the amulet, to keep his identity. It broke her heart. But his promise to fight Ophidia made her smile. Desiring further closeness, she slid one of her arms from his back, across his waist, then slid her hand up his stomach before resting it on his chest. His breathing was there, with the rise and fall of his chest. Exhausted from tonight's events, she lifted her lips to his face and closed her eyes.

"I'll help you. In every way I can."

Risking her Psychometry, she pressed her lips softly against his cheek. There was no electrical shock and agony of memories, only the gentle sensation of a kiss on the cheek. Not risking it anymore, the kiss was made brief as she woefully pulled away. She gave him a final squeeze, then pulled away. Her arms never left though, sliding down his free arm and taking his hand in her own. Dreary eyes looked up to him with longing. She was displaced, dirtied, and messed up from tonight's events. But right now, at least, there was a sense of security. Right now, at least, they were alone in this garden.

Fireflies gracefully flew about the garden. Colorful flowers and glorious plants his the two from any prying eyes. Her bare feet felt the soft grass and cool earth below. Holding her lover's hand in this secluded garden, she still felt strangely uneasy. In a palace garden here, they could be stumbled upon at any minute. Elise sighed, her tangled hair once more falling to her face. She... wanted to leave this place... but she did not want to leave Malum.

She looked up to Malum, still holding his hand, and made a request.

"I don't know how you came here, or how you plan to leave. But as much as I want to leave this place behind, I'm scared of leaving you."

She blinked slowly, looking around the garden, "I feel like I just fought in a battle, I'm so drained. I just want to rest... but not here."

She looked up to Malum, "I can practice your teleportation you taught me even, travel to you when you send the signal. I don't want to be a hassle, but I- but I want you guarding me like you guarded me on Archais. I always relaxed and fell asleep easier, feeling you watching me and watching for enemies. If... that's okay with you. Or we could - you know - fall asleep together-in our own sleeping bags, of course! I mean- it's up to you-to like, what we're doing, I guess."

Her blush has kept growing redder and redder, and now she had lifted one hand from his to cover her forehead.

elisemaybe.png

"Thankfully it seems this era of Sith and Jedi are not the rabid type. For now, at least." he said in response to his mention of the two force user factions. Djonas casually walked through the garden, eyeing what other people were attending the party as his son spoke.

"Listen, Tahraqos. You're my son. Say whatever is on your mind." Djonas chuckled. "And loosen up a bit. You seem so stiff. You're only half Yvarro so you should be half as uptight." Djonas walked up to a fountain and looked into it's waters before turning his attention back to his son. "I'm doing fine. Thanks. How are you? How's your mom?" His tone went sincere after his chuckles died out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom