Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public New Year Gala | Kingdom of Naboo

Dreamseer_flair.png

rXNlCx5.png

elisemaybe.png

The moment she felt a hand on her head, Elise's phobia of touch kicked in. She audibly gasped, reaching and slapping her head away in noticable fear.

Elise looked up to see a Chiss. A Chiss, like her sister... But her words mocked her. They mocked her with sappy sympathy. Elise gritted her teeth, tears still pouring from her eyes.

"Shut up! I deserve nothing!"

She was a traitor. And even though the Force Signature was vastly different, through her tears, Elise saw the embodiment of her sins. Kemme'viawa'nuvci. It made her vulnerable, as her heart bled.

She looked away, head lowered. Shame coated her once more as she heaved. "I never deserved him, or any kind of love... Ni ceta, Mevia..."

FlapperDress.jpg

elisemaybe.png

The sharp pang of fear that ran through the girl was like a drug to the chiss, she barely contained her shiver of delight. Slipping from her perch on the fountains edge to kneel before Elise.

Her fingers reached to lift her chin up. "Now little sister," she said softly tilting her head "do you truly believe that, or has he made you feel that?"

Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira

Dreamseer_flair.png

rXNlCx5.png

elisemaybe.png

Elise gritted her teeth, sharply removing her chin from the touch. She could sense that this woman delighted in her pain. She was a leech. Elise could run, or fight. But she instead chose to stay. She would stay, and accept punishment.

"I felt like this long before even meeting him."

Her eyes glistened from the tears, and they shone in knowing pain, "What do you want, parasite? Do you take pleasure in another's pain so much that you'd feed off it? You're lucky I feel like punishing myself today. I betrayed my own family, my own people. Don't I deserve what I get?"

She looked down, once again, at her dress and her body. She had dropped her hat while running, and her dress was harshly stained with mud and grass. "Aren't you going to insult my appearance? Tell me I'm scrawny, boring?"

Ansisa Ansisa

FlapperDress.jpg

elisemaybe.png

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
THE GARDEN - THEED - NABOO
Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira || Ansisa Ansisa
VVVDHjr.png

There was something to be said about Naboo security. It was thorough and effective. Efficient, too. Unlucky for him, Drake had to add another pair to the dozens of eyes watching the room intently. Ever since Jedi, Sith, and Mandalorians began intermingling within the ballroom, he needed to stay put and keep watch on the Queen of Naboo as well as any and all potential threats. It would be a poor political and strategic move to stage a public assassination and poor still to attempt a private one all the same. While any party here could be blamed, preconceived notions would point towards the Sith or Mandalorians.

Despite any attempt by the Sith to present otherwise, their entire culture's foundation had been built upon lies and betrayal. Meanwhile, the Mandalorians may have held a more trusted code of honor, but a history of warmongers proved that such a code and culture only helped separate them from the more brutal and twisted killers. At least the Jedi and Alliance pretended to be above it all or perhaps even believed themselves morally superior, and it would put them the last to be suspected of assassination. However, it would be a sure bet that the Alliance had dirtied its hands from time to time. Did they truly hold any moral high ground?

After all, was he not proof of concept?

Scanning the room once more from his perch near the bar, Drake began patrolling around the ballroom. Movement was key, and never staying in one place helped provide different vantage views to gaze over the entirety of the room and all within. The sounds and sights of people talking and laughing and dancing filtered out and away from his focus. The unusual or different was what he focused on.

A sound he heard occasionally but rarely at these events filtered right to his ears. Crying. The sniffling and sobbing of a blonde girl in a bright red dress. A large hat sat upon her head and helped frame her face. The colors matched her eyes although those same eyes were not puffy and red from all the sorrow. He had noticed her dancing with one of the upper-ranking Sith, and his glasses briefly scanned both the man's face and her own as part of surveillance. Mr. Marr and Ms. Vizla.

The latter was a wreck to put it mildly without going into further details into her distress, nor did it take a genius to see what she had been gazing upon while she sobbed almost silently. It was easy to read the situation. A small breathe and a tilt of the head towards the floor as Drake began to think. His peripheral vision noticing Ms. Vizla leaving towards the gardens. A few minutes away from the ballroom to scope out the gardens and gather information would prove beneficial for the security of this evening.

Gathering a handkerchief and a drink from one of the servers, Damian began marching until he arrived at the center of the gardens. His eyes darted looking for the blonde woman. He found her within moments and upon watching her exchange with the Chiss, immediately, his entire frame shifted into nothing but forward momentum as he held drink and handkerchief in one hand.

here were few reasons to help a stranger or talk to them this way. Manipulation remained one of the more prominent motivations. He had heard and seen enough to have a solid idea of what the woman was playing at, and it appeared even Ms. Vizla had seen through the ploy as well. A more direct approach would sort this out once and for all.

His free hand outstretched to grab the wrist of the Chiss and bring her up to her feet.

"You should leave," Drake spoke, his tone steady and his grip even steadier, "Now."

Staring down a Sith or not, there was no fear or hesitation in his eyes behind those glasses. Just the promise that this was an altercation she did not want.​

rXNlCx5.png
Objective 1 | Tag: Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker | Wearing: x

"Maybe we can put that to the test some time. I'm sure we'd have a nice time, but who knows if we'd get anything done"
As a noble, she was an expert of lazing about and not actually putting in an effort work-wise. It reminded her she didn't know very much about him, which served as a poor basis for any negotiation. "Actually, what is it you do? Oh and please, call me Caelia"

Next her authenticity was being put under scrutiny. Caelia stood as the perfect mannequin while his eyes were left to wander, on her invitation no less. When he gave his conclusion, she smiled delightfully. "Then I have you deceived" and for once she told the truth, but she didn't hold it against him, she hadn't worn that dress to stimulate analytical thinking. It was the bread and butter of her kind, raised to be the sociable noble, while keeping their own thoughts to herself.

"You? Hmm"
now it was her turn, and she leaned back on high heels to at least appear to give the task some proper thought. "You are the only one so far dressed exactly like that, so that says something. You don't feel forced to conform" or don't have the means to. "Rimworlder?" That was what they called people from the Outer Rim back on Orocco. "If you wear a mask, you hide it well"

Caelia had a gift. She had a natural affinity for the power usually reserved the two great cults of the galaxy. There was much potential in her, but little refinement. Even so, when it came to mentalism, she was a natural. While he was left to ponder on their conversation, she reached out, quietly and subtly paying visit to the external layers of his mind. She hung just around the edges, feeling for any emotion that escaped. It wasn't like reading exact thoughts, instead discerning emotions, intent, or any other strong imagery that she could latch onto.

"Oh," perhaps a little flustered, Cora hurriedly waved her free hand as if to dismiss the thought. "That is very kind of you, but I wouldn't want to take your enjoyment away from the festivities."

There was a need, she didn't want to come across as if she were only here to beg for donations and detract from the Queen and her celebration. That would be simply uncouth.

The conversation quickly turned to who was wearing what. She nearly snorted as Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren likened Lord Marr's getup to that of a mortician's assistant. Then, he moved onto the blonde in his arms - Cora lifted a brow at that, peering a bit closer out of curiosity. She hadn't seen the woman at the Covenent's gala, but that didn't mean that she hadn't been present.

A secret lover, perhaps?

Oho.

"There can be elegance in simplicity." She sipped at her wine, gaze shifting back to Brandyn. His discern regarding who was wearing what reminded her of the bratty noblewomen at court. Ukatis' mean girls.

That did not exactly endear him to her, but at least his observations were somewhat tame.

For all of her judgment on his judgment, she couldn't hold back a soft gasp at the sight of Lady Flen'Darsoon's pet Mumu.

"Is that…is she allowed bring something like that in here?" Cora suppressed a full on grimace at the ugly creature, eyes instinctively shifting over to the Queen to see if Kalantha Kalantha had any reaction.

The young woman - and she seemed young, even underneath that makeup - was mobbed with guests and their well wishes. Cora felt a pang of sympathy for her, having been in a similar position when she'd been Horace's wife, but the teenager seemed to be handling things with grace.

She missed the surreptitious glances of Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , who'd mistaken Makko Vyres Makko Vyres for a Galactic pop star, but perhaps he'd get a glimpse of the tabloids he’d been missing.

Cora pressed a gentle elbow against Makko's side to get his attention, then gestured briefly to the Queen.

"Do you think she's prettier than me?"

Her lips twitched with the beginning of a malicious smile as mirth glittered in her eyes.

Answer carefully, Jang Keek.

Objectives: 1&2
Open​

The face locked behind Vall's mask contorted into a frown, then a rare grin. He was one of the several people Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira had barreled through on her crusade to get outside, one of the hazards of camping the doorway. He had observed the earlier tryst, and had predicted almost that exact result. Such a shame, but such an unavoidable one. It didn't take an excess of common sense to see how that story would have ended. Pity it had to end that way now, here.

He didn't step outside to get involved. People's problems were their own. As like as not the woman wished to be alone, anyway. As the night slowed down and it grew later and later, he rather wished to be alone himself. The pilot's chair of his fighter, uncomfortable as it was, called his name. He'd slept there many a night in his brief time on the move, and looked rather likely to do so again. He'd travel on from Naboo in the morning, on to somewhere else like the scrounger he now apparently was.

Blessedly, he'd so far avoided being sucked into any of the numerous dramas in the room, and had stayed as long as was politely acceptable. One of the times his appearance worked in his favor; most of the guests seemed to regard him as some sort of especially-homely protocol droid, and thus not worthy of a glance.

In the meantime, he gave the other half of the story, Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr , a closer look. He didn't know him by sight, but the presence felt somehow familiar in a way he couldn't quite place his finger on. The derelict dreadnought? Perhaps. It had seemed crowded for a wreck, and something had searched for him there with the Force. Perhaps it was the same man. A small galaxy indeed. He decided not to raise the issue. The Sith would likely have more than enough problems soon, if the demeanour of his date was any judge. That was punishment enough, for now.

That in mind, he decided not to lean in the doorframe anymore. Too much dangerous traffic. He'd probably be moving on soon, in any case, before the lovers' spat drew in friends and family and got really ugly. That pilot's chair was calling even louder now, and he had a mind to fall into its sweet embrace very soon.

Last edited:

Todblaz Graker

Makes me wish for a nuclear winter

rXNlCx5.png

Objective 1
Tag: Caelia Lamora Caelia Lamora
Outfit: xxx

"Well, Caelia," Tod paused briefly, considering his words. "I don't carry the titles of a Jedi or Sith; I'm a mercenary." Despite its lack of glamour, it's his primary occupation. Although trained as a medic, he rarely practiced those skills anymore towards others, reserving them for dire situations during his darker assignments.

"Unfortunately, my work is often dark and demanding, but it introduces me to intriguing figures. I've done jobs for some individuals around here, learning their deepest secrets," he admitted with a mischievous smile. "But those secrets will have to be pried from me over a drink." Glancing around, Tod noted a few patrons who had employed him for odd jobs, realizing that this venue might not be the ideal place to find job providers.

Listening to her assessment of him, he chuckled, "This outfit is all I've got—it's my old officer's uniform. And frankly, I don’t know where this Rim world is, but I am from the Outer Rim on a small planet covered in desert.” It had been so long since he had last been there that he had forgotten its name, regardless he wasn’t allowed to return. "What you see is what you get; I'm probably not the hardest to read."

Acknowledging the discrepancy in his assessment, Tod wasn't surprised. Hoping for authenticity, he understood the necessity for nobles and politicians to wear masks. "The fake you seems enjoyable, but if it's just a façade, what's the real you like? I lack political power or interest, so your secret is safe with me," Tod assured her. He truly didn’t care much about the world of politics as it bored him. A bunch of people sitting around getting nothing done sounded so dull to be apart of, so he typically avoided it.

Her eyes glistened from the tears, and they shone in knowing pain, "What do you want, parasite? Do you take pleasure in another's pain so much that you'd feed off it? You're lucky I feel like punishing myself today. I betrayed my own family, my own people. Don't I deserve what I get?"

She looked down, once again, at her dress and her body. She had dropped her hat while running, and her dress was harshly stained with mud and grass. "Aren't you going to insult my appearance? Tell me I'm scrawny, boring?"

Ansisa clicked her tongue. "Its not pain I feed off, Sister, its fear. You wreak of it. Call me what you want, parasite, leach, it doesn't matter to me. I am what I am. And you are what you are. So afraid to take what you want, what you deserve, settling for second place or less, lest you step too hard on someone's toes." The chiss shook her head.

"You are, beautiful, sad and afraid, but beautiful." She leaned closer to breath in her ear. "I would give you all you deserve and more."

Fingers coiled about her wrist yanking up and away from the pretty little thing.

"You should leave," Drake spoke, his tone steady and his grip even steadier, "Now."

Instinct drove her reaction, twisting her arm out of his grip, and driving the heel of her palm towards his nose. If Vazz Vazz was near, he'd no doubt chastise her, for either not being aware enough to avoid such a situation, or for striking when she was supposed to be behaving.

Anodyne didn't seem to deflate much hearing Sycorax's blunt answer. Perhaps she had already suspected or accepted as much. The ambassador leaned over the same railing, watching the subtle shifts along the pond's surface. "And if there are none?" Anodyne asked, "We do not have to quality to stand up to the quantity of the Sith Empire. Even the best lone soldier in the galaxy would be drowned out by a storm of millions lesser." She understood Sycorax's point in theory just fine, but at a certain point the scales tipped too insurmountably.

"If the Alliance can't help us… I don't know who can. And if they can't. Then I failed. And I watch as my home is conquered by the same bloodthirsty tyrants finely dressed and dancing here today."

rXNlCx5.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo | Equipment: Lightsaber | Location: Naboo Palace, Naboo | Tag: Lossa Aureus Lossa Aureus , Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek
Briana-Side_Pic.png

Aiden's presence always had a way of putting her at ease, even during times when she ought to be more alert.

Ever since she'd met him, he'd always had a certain way about him. There was a natural humor and warmth to him, but there was also a kind of resilience, a steely resolve that radiated from his core. Aiden was the sort of person you could depend on, the sort of person who made it easy to forget when they were surrounded by enemies — made the abnormality of the moment, feel almost...normal.

Briana loved him. Possibly more than she thought she'd ever loved anyone else in the Galaxy. Every moment he was gone she'd missed him terribly, but in that fleeting interlude, as their lips parted and he spun her in a graceful whirl, the world around them seemed to fall away, the two of them existing outside of time and space, untouched and untroubled.

When she was finally allowed to stand again, he offered his hand and dipped his head, "May I have this dance?"

He looked every bit the composed gentleman as he dipped his head, though there were little tells that made her wonder what exactly he had up his sleeve. The way his emerald eyes crinkled at the edges, accompanied by that slow, conspiratorial smile that always managed to make her stomach twist with stupid longing. Something was afoot, though she couldn't figure out what, exactly. Whatever it was, Briana was more than willing to play along.

Drink long forgotten, she graciously placed her hand in his, holding his eyes as a small, coy smile rose to her painted lips. "I thought you'd never ask."

But before they swept out onto the floor, a certain favorite Zeltron of hers made herself known, causing Briana's attention to immediately shift — and the smile on her face to slip upon seeing her.

Despite her cousin's calm, and the marked attempt to be lighthearted with her approach, Briana could sense the shift in the current of the Force surrounding her, a tint that hadn't been present when they'd arrived together. But whatever it was that'd happened, Lossa was keeping it under heavy lock and key, even from her.

Maybe she'd made a mistake in choosing not to go looking for her sooner.

With a graceful pivot, Briana reached out and grabbed Lossa by the hand.
"We were just about to dance," she told her, passing a glance back to Aiden, trying to silently signal him and hoping he'd catch on. "Why don't you join us? There's plenty of room on the dance floor for the three of us." It'd hardly be the strangest thing of the evening.

div1.png
Oh, she knew he was up to something.

Briana didn't even need her Jedi senses to know, and Aiden wasn't trying to completely hide it either. He knew it'd drive her far crazier to know there was something to expect, but not know what it was going to be. That is why he smirked the way he did. Though, the anticipation for this particular surprise was actually killing him a little bit as well.

This was it. The big day.

With her hand in his own, Aiden was ready to guide her onto the dancefloor. But when her eyes snapped away, he knew something must have happened. He followed her gaze, and saw a familiar face - it was the young woman who he had taught how to shoot a blaster.

But something was off about her. Even Aiden could tell, without the Force and without a particularly strong connection to her. He dipped his head to Briana in quiet acknowledgemenrt, and extended his free hand towards Lossa, "I can lead you both in this dance, if you would let me?" He smiled sincerely, and if they both agreed, he'd guide them over towards the dancefloor.

That smug, Corellian grin never faded. He didn't want Lossa to feel pressured to talk about what happened, regardless of what it was. No, he wanted her to forget for the night and just enjoy herself with her friends, "You look stunning, by the way," he told her with a polite tone, though a hint of that inner Corellian that made half the Galaxy blush still lingering in his voice.

Togerher with both of them, Aiden began to move to the rythm of the music. He alternated between having a grip on their hands, to letting them roam free, and back. Just to fit the moves he wanted to try with his beloved girlfriend and her wonderful friend. He even tried a fancy twirl with Briana, before doing the same with Lossa to bring the Zeltron much closer after that.

Not to be weird, but to whisper his plan to her.

"You two got some great moves!" Aiden told them both after separating again. And hoping Briana wouldn't get suspicious or wanted to kick his ass for that last move.

skin, bone, and arrogance

dyrn_new_spacer1.png

Natasi stretched her wrist, rotating her hand, a sort of tic she had developed over her years. She frequently did it when she was put on the spot, or stalling for time. Her dark gaze locked to Jenn's, some mixture of amused and aloof, like she was observing a precocious toddler.

As a rule, Natasi Fortan found toddlers... tiresome.

"Perhaps I misjudged you, Alor Kryze," said Natasi quietly. "I've been told it takes a lot to admit when one has erred. I'm not familiar with the sensation myself, as you can imagine -- but for a people with such a sense of honor... well. I acknowledge that it doesn't come without a cost." The Supreme Leader inclined her head gracefully, regarding the Mandalorian cautiously.

"I gave it some thought,"
Natasi went on conversationally, though she did not relax. Her body was like pale marble, strained and stiff. "And it might interest you to know that despite my privileged upbringing, I have endured some unpleasantness in my life. I watched dear friends and colleagues murdered, their last moments broadcast to the galaxy by terrorists. I fought and won a war against the old Galactic Alliance. I negotiated with the Dark Lord of the Sith for the safety of my people and watched as my homeworld descended into madness. I buried my mother and my brother and my father and my husband and countless compatriots. I watched my life's work collapse into factionalism and decay. I saw the world I built from a sad little backwater into the capital of the galaxy's predominant superpower be crushed by alien invasion. But I very rarely suffered humiliation, and every time it was at the hands of one or more Mandalorians."

Her head canted to one side, lips twitching up at the edges, as if she was sharing a charming anecdote. "I wonder what that says about me. Or what it says about your people's... culture. Or what it says about fate, given that somehow -- against all the odds -- we end up here together tonight."

The Senator shifted subtly, her gaze sweeping their surroundings, the other guests enjoying the evening before they settled back on Jenn. It really was a beautiful dress.

"I won't try to educate you about my brand of Imperial sentiments because, frankly, the opinions of historical illiterates are of no particular interest to me on matters of what are, by now, quite ancient history. But you'll be delighted to know that though you and your friends didn't manage to kill me, and though I am recovering from the whole ordeal physically, your actions have essentially ended my career in the Senate." Natasi paused a moment, her lips pressing together briefly into a pale line before she continued with a slight shrug of one delicate shoulder. "In a way, I ought to thank you. The whole affair, and my efforts to see Senator Organa's safe return, threw into rather sharp relief how little my Senate colleagues think of me. And that's separate and apart from the very real suspicion they now regard me with. They will always wonder what secrets I spilled while in your... care. Every lucky break your little friends get, every stray supply convoy poached, every narrow escape... well, it will be all to easy to imagine that it was a result of my cracking under questioning, regardless of what we both know is true."

Natasi gave a rueful smile, her eyebrows lofting. "You know, Alor Kryze, if I still had my glass I'd raise it to you. You've done what nations and Force cults have been unable to do. What only death has ever done. You've defeated me. Alas, you must know my policy by now: dignity, always dignity. So I will accept your apology with what little grace I can muster in the circumstance. Well played. Well played indeed."

"The thing you should know about me, Alor Kryze, is this,"
Natasi went on, edging a little closer. Her fingers flexing in her glove as her eyes narrowed a little as both the volume and the temperature of her voice dropped. "I don't stay defeated for long."

Last edited:

N A B O O
OBJECTIVE I: Great Ballroom | Objective III
Open for interaction or chatting| Glistaweb Outfit & Items | x | x | x |
Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

ac93b36e5024f731e7630d239f7e6bc9.jpg
"Socializing can be a good thing, but I can also see how tempting it would be just to enjoy the evenin' with a beloved." Danger replied, smiling warmly at Valery Noble Valery Noble . At Kahlil's mention of knowing of her through his family's connections, her auburn brows rose in piqued interest. To be fair, there were so many people in the galaxy and just about as many Zambranos. Danger had not met all of them, so when Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble made the reference, Danger truly did not know which family he meant.

"Is that so? Well, I do hope you heard good things. A reputation is all a lady has." Danger replied with a soft smile to Kahlil, aware that one could spend decades building up a reputation only to lose it within three seconds.

"Business is going well, thank you."
there was a tightness around the redhead's mouth, her thoughts wondering that while business was good, she was still mourning the death of her husband.

"My daughter, Myra, is workin' on takin' over the company, so it is good to see her come to her own." Danger explained, only to have her smile broaden at Makai's return. She took the offered glass of whiskey and said, "Thank you, sweetie."

"Let me introduce you to my son. "
Danger offered, ushering Makai forward as if he were seven years old again instead of his early twenties.

"Makai Dashiell, of Salacia Consolidated. " the redhead introduced the young man to the Nobles, chuckling, "He's sweet on my daughter and is presently courtin' her." now it would make a little more sense why Danger would call Makai her 'son'. Of course, that wasn't the only reason; Danger practically raised Makai along with his father Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell after his wife ran off. After Danger married Alric, they adopted Myra, and ever since then, the two younglings had been inseparable childhood friends. That they fell in love and were presently courting seemed a natural progression of their relationship, if, albeit, it had been delayed due to misunderstandings and miscommunications.

Last edited:

rXNlCx5.png

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN
Ballroom
Royal Palace City of Theed
Kalantha Kalantha Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Valery Noble Valery Noble Open
VVVDHjr.png

Watching and listening from just outside the threshold of the ballroom, making himself just a shade fashionably late as Kalantha gave her address, Pal'da Astor Daaray couldn't help but wonder how his sister, the Ta'a Chume Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray , would have handled such a mantle if it had been thrust upon her at such a young age. How different his life might have been, and how different he might have become, if for example, he had never walked the path of a Chume'doro, if he had always been the prince. Astor glanced sidelong at one such woman assigned to his protection; perhaps he would only command their deference by requirement, rather than by way of having earned their respect.

A conclusion he had come to on one occasion, talking to Careina Djo Careina Djo ; it was a fruitless though without a doubt engaging mental exercise. He enjoyed when she would indulge him, and tonight would be a touch better having her here, so far from home - even if she might say nothing - but she was his sister's shadow, not his. Nonetheless, Astor was grateful for Careina’s continued friendship, such as it was under the strain and distance created by their different societal stations, ever since he and his sister had been elevated by the death of their cousin.

How bereft he felt of true closeness to others, at times, brought into focus the few he had shared such dear intimacy with: those that had slipped through his fingers, either by their own choice, or by effect of his ascension, but it was never his decision. That was the one thing his station could not give him as man, complete control of his life, but he also understood that ‘free will’ was not free. He understood what he would have to give up to be so selfish, and that was a price he was unwilling to pay.

He returned his field of view to the royal girl who conducted herself admirably, no doubt schooled in a manner befitting the role from an early age, and it bore out: others attending this gala approached her with a measure of deference, many no doubt here to curry favour, others present to woo Kalantha in any one direction, to be sure… but this procession was different in his eyes, a little unusual to witness. Her reign was, by virtue of centuries, millenia of culture, meant to be short-lived. It was an uncommon way to do things, to say the least. The veneration that his own people gave their monarchs, however, seeing their queen akin to a goddess, and her family in a much similar way, was a significant tell as to just how different things were.

Ereneda, she is called: she who has no equal.

Him? He often chafed under the names his people stuck to him in either blind or calculated adoration, but tolerated their invitations and requests for an audience. Accepting more often than not, for having no valid reason to decline could be brought into question. Dissatisfaction was no good reason, but he had been ‘poisoned’ to want more than to be a stepping stone for the ascension of the family line of one conniving woman or another. This was what Briana Sal-Soren had done to him, treating him as her equal. Valuing his opinion, leaving just as many decisions up to him as the ones she made, and more besides. Time had only solidified what those months together had planted in him, a thing that, though held privately, further demarcated the separation between him and his people.

No fully Hapan woman he knew of would treat him the same way.

Astor turned his head when the herald urged his attention once the Nabooian Queen's address had concluded, and the clamour afterward had died down enough, interrupting his scan of those gathered here for the evening. He held up a hand, asking a little more time… but coming up empty in seeking out any familiar persons with his eyes, the Hapan prince returned his attention to the herald after some further minutes, and gave the man the go ahead to announce his presence. He was scarcely known here, after all.

“Entering Naboo’s Courts, Prince Astor Daaray, brother to the Queen Mother Kha’la Daaray, and envoy of the Hapes Consortium!"

Giving a smile that hardly reached his eyes for those that looked in his direction, Astor Daaray entered the room, bedecked in white: his high-necked tunic, stitched and buttoned in yellow gold, and trimmed tastefully in royal blue, with trousers to match; a callback to the colours of the Consortium. Dismissing the two Chume’doro that flanked him in the eons-old signal that he entrusted himself to his host’s protection - not that he was at all incapable of his own defense - he paced forward in an unrushed manner, shoulders back, head held high as he approached the dias, striking an image that inspired those awed epithets from many a young Hapan... not just the women.

At the appropriate distance, he came to a stop. “Queen Kalantha, she of such resonant youth, power, and beauty,” he started, addressing the teen monarch, with every word meant, “it is my pleasure to extend the hand of friendship of the Hapes Consortium to the Kingdom of Naboo, on behalf of the Ta’a Chume herself.” He bowed with an elegant flourish, the golden-reddish tone of his hair catching a soft sheen in the ballroom lighting; his slate blue eyes sought hers out again as he rose. “We are honoured to have been welcomed here; the Ta’a Chume expresses her regret at being unable to attend, and hopes that she may receive you in kind, in time.”

With the moves of the Sith on a seeming approach from the galactic east, it stood to reason that his sister’s attentions would be elsewhere. Giving Kalantha one last, cordial smile, he stepped aside and went to weave himself into the gathered. To avail himself of a finger of the finest local liquor, and perhaps… some tolerable conversation.

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

Jenn always had a keen eye for details, and the look Natasi gave her was not lost on her. It wasn't quite scorn, but a rather specific brand of disdain she truly did not care to see in another's gaze when resting it upon her - but there was no opportunity for her to change the Senator's mind. Then again, this was hardly why she had come here. This rare chance for her to allow herself to be something more than the Alor of her Clan had slipped through her fingers, and she was left with the burden of leadership once more, tarnishing what would otherwise have been a memorable evening.

And she could do nothing but listen as the monarch spoke to her, drinking her every word with rapt interest. Even now, as she learned of the great personal loss suffered by the aristocrat standing before her eyes, she did not lower her guard - that ship had sailed, unfortunately, and she was proven correct when the Galidraani remarked upon the part played by Mandalorians whenever she found herself humiliated. Apologetic as she was, the wise Owl barely contained her desire to tell that woman just how little mercy her people held for tyrants, all too aware that she could easily think up of a Mand'alor or two that proved themselves to be nothing more than murderous bastards given too much power. It was a simple pattern to analyze, really: anyone throwing their weight around trying to collar the Mando'ade soon ended up mauled and taught a valuable lesson, no matter who they were.

Evidently, Natasi was yet to learn not to provoke the galaxy's greatest warriors.

The Alor kept on listening to the Senator as she deemed her historically illiterate - a particularly hurtful insult, when directed towards one so fascinated with analyzing it to learn its lessons. Losing her cool would achieve nothing, and she had already resigned herself to a night spent in the shadow of what she represented besides.

For all of the unresolved tension between the two, however, Jenn could not help but find herself captivated by that smile, in spite of the sentiment it conveyed, or the words that followed it. It was insanity, for her to find something worth admiring in a woman who held her people in such contempt, treating her beliefs derisively and seemingly dismissing her earnest apology as a juvenile breakthrough... but, as some would say, the heart wants what the heart wants. Perhaps it was her impeccable form, and how she chose to cling to dignity, even in the face of defeat - perhaps it was how she managed to convey her opinion of someone through nothing more than measured twists of her features.

Not that it mattered. When Natasi leaned in and delivered something between a warning and a promise, Jenn decided t hat she could grapple with her difficult feelings the following day. For now, she took a moment to appreciate how the politician changed her demeanor entirely, needing only to narrow her eyes and lower her voice... and then came the time for her to do something about it, her own features betraying a deep weariness as she gave a melancholic smile.

"Oh, I would expect nothing less from you, your Imperial Majesty." A pity, truly - she had hoped to fly under the Alliance's radar, bringing her people to a better future without the need for her to look over her shoulder for the rest of her life. Now, it seemed that she would have no choice but to follow her original plan of bringing the Clan with her to the edge of the known galaxy... or live with the fact that she would be hunted for her crimes, and so would her people.

"Forgive me if I speak presumptuously, but I cannot help but note a few... misconceptions in your words. Firstly, I have no friends left among the Mandalorian Enclave - I left that gathering of brigands and murderers who call themselves Crusaders. They are no kin of mine. Secondly, I take no satisfaction in your misfortune, or the role I played in it. This is not a game to me, and I do not relish in defeating you, Senator."

Naboo
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

For just a moment, Valery remained silent and found a lot of joy in listening to her husband and Danger talking about why there was recognition from Kahlil's end. Valery knew awfully little people tied to his past, mostly because they were either Sith or no longer among the living. So, the moment he had told her that he recognized the redhead, Valery had been curious. Danger was perhaps not a close connection, sure, but it was still interesting to her to hear about all of this.

Similarly, she was also curious about how Kahlil felt about her. Through their bond, she knew that he respected her not groveling for Carnifex, but there was something one could say about people working with him in general. Valery chose not to let that thought ruin the pleasant evening.

Especially not with another approaching.

"A pleasure to meet you," Valery said with a warm smile, before extending a hand to Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell to greet him. Though, that smile shifted into an expression of confusion when she connected him to her daughter. Were son and daughter courting each other? Valery blinked, then snapped out of it when she finally understood.

Good thing she didn't say a word.

"Are you two planning to go dancing tonight?" Valery asked, only after her husband had been given a chance to answer Danger's questions. Valery herself was looking forward to a dance with her husband, so perhaps it made for some good conversation to talk about it.

rXNlCx5.png
Objective 1 | Tag: Todblaz Graker Todblaz Graker | Wearing: x

Caelia's interest certainly broke through the mask. "Mercenary? I wouldn't have guessed" she asked, her eyes looking him over as if for the first time. Clearly she'd glossed over a few key details first time around. She had the feeling mention of his profession wasn't well received in most circles, but if that was the case Caelia would be the exception. "Solo, or as part of a group?"

How had he put it? Dark and demanding. Done jobs for individuals around here. Knew their deepest secrets. Oh Tod, you know just what to say…

"It sounds to me like you're getting that whiskey on the rocks. And what do you know, it's finally time for my refil" her smile was playful, her eyes dangerous. What was left of her drink was promptly taken care of.

Caelia would have settled for gossip, but he could do one better. As it turned out, he was in posession of something she wanted. Information.

"And there you have it, you're about to see my negotiating powers on full display"

She took his arm, and made him guide her towards where drinks were served. "Oh, that's just what people from the Outer Rims are called where I'm from. So you hail from a desert? Honestly, sounds dreary. I couldn't do it. How are you finding Naboo?"

TdUbXmp.png

Objective II
Attire
: xxx
Tags: Anodyne Lyori Anodyne Lyori

Anodyne’s blackpilled perspective was one with which Sycorax was intimately familiar. She too had felt at times like she was being dragged under by a bottomless whirlpool of evil and corruption. The days following Viktor’s murder had been like that. Her head was kept above the water by sheer willpower and a furious drive for revenge, but those emotions weren’t self-sustaining. Eventually she would run out of fuel to feed her rage, and her will would be worn down by the relentless current.

The Alliance can’t help anyone,” she said, her tone almost forceful as she shook her head. “‘The Alliance’ isn’t some benevolent entity that can be pleaded with like a god. It’s a collection of individuals, all of them very much mortal, most of them complacent. Looking to the Alliance for help is a fool’s errand, because the Alliance might as well not exist.

She looked at Anodyne sideways. “Whether you find allies or not, in the end Jelucan will have to defend itself. That is an inevitability. I may be able to help you, but even I fall short as a savior.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah, perhaps he was a little too open ended about who he meant. He chuckled, just a bit. Maybe it didn't actually matter, then. He was fine with it not mattering. Though he did blink in bewilderment as he looked to her son. Courting her daughter. No, it didn't click right away in his mind, and he would've absolutely said something if not for the bond he had with Valery filling him in prior.

"It was only ever good things. Not many can ensure a fair deal with the tyrant king that he wouldn't abuse."

Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom