Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New General Rule: Plagiarism

I imagine why it was not a rule before is that it was not believed that anyone would do something like this. Writing is all we have as roleplayers. We can manipulate photos, we can piece together new technology from canon tech, but at the end of the day all we have is our writing, and I don't think anyone believed that someone would take another's work and attempt to pass it off as their own.

[member="Ayden Cater"] [member="Tefoch"]

These are one of those unwritten rules everyone knows about. Wherever you learned about the word from before you know its wrong. And I will doubt anyone who feints ignorance if they did it. Everyone knows what it is. And not to mention rip them apart in the court of public opinion if I catch them.

As is the case having it written is for the best. Stupid thieving jerks. They give a bad name to honest criminals like myself.

post-30459-Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF-gif-WHAT-TH-oNcJ.gif
ARE THEY THAT DUMB​
ARE THEY REALLY THAT DUMB​

Guys. I am going to stay clear headed right now, and try to say this without getting slaughtered.

You all need to stop the rude comments. I don't care if you think it is rude and disrespectful. That does not give you the right to not only ban the person, as what Tef probably already has done, but then piss on it with your words. Tef already makes his cut on the said person for copying it. There is no need to pour Lemon juice on it now. Sometimes its better just to nod your head and say, "Okay I won't do it" instead of posting a single word to a paragraph about how people like them should "burn"

When I started this site, I found a family of people who wanted to have a good time in RPing their characters. Not come to a site that is filled with Drama and people doing this. Yes it is rude and wrong. However there is no need to point it out to them. WHEN THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD IT IS, AND THEY KNOW IT IS WRONG! Part of my muse dies when people say and do things to ruin others chances of RP with someone. If you don't like them, either deal with them, or move on and don't RP with them. Don't send hateful things just to make them mad. It instigates the situation.

I want everyone to see this if I can get everyone to. I am getting tired of people doing this just to make people mad and leave. Edit my post Admins so it doesn't Incriminate you if you wish. But I have a voice and fingers to type. So I will say what I feel because I feel that it is necessary. I will leave you with a quote.

"Hate cannot drive out hate. Only Love can do that." - MLKjr.

^

randy-marsh-meme-generator-oh-i-m-sorry-i-thought-this-was-america-6d1ad6_zps2c0bd38c-300x231.jpg

let people say what they wanna say, some people have a right to be mad. don't get mad by trying to tell other people not to be mad. you're not gonna enjoy life if you get mad when other people don't do what you like.

Actually some of the places people live in are not in America.

And I am not saying that they HAVE to do what I say. One little post may not do anything to stop someone from posting rude things. I am not mad actually. Just sad that people would resort to a passive aggressive form of cyber bullying to get what they want. I am sharing m opinion. Not commanding people like you are to me.

I spoke my opinion. You have said yours, and we should leave it at that undead of trying to start a measuring contest.

Thank you and have a good night.

[member="Kaiden 'Papa' Rohn"]

If things got to civil rights, it should be pointed out that he has the same rights to say what he wants as you do, there is no need to be mad at him for being mad at you. That's freedom of speech.

Anyways, looks like the things are getting a bit better now with the two boards. But it's really a shame what's been done.

Karina Dartrex said:
Guys. I am going to stay clear headed right now, and try to say this without getting slaughtered.

You all need to stop the rude comments. I don't care if you think it is rude and disrespectful. That does not give you the right to not only ban the person, as what Tef probably already has done, but then piss on it with your words. Tef already makes his cut on the said person for copying it. There is no need to pour Lemon juice on it now. Sometimes its better just to nod your head and say, "Okay I won't do it" instead of posting a single word to a paragraph about how people like them should "burn"

When I started this site, I found a family of people who wanted to have a good time in RPing their characters. Not come to a site that is filled with Drama and people doing this. Yes it is rude and wrong. However there is no need to point it out to them. WHEN THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD IT IS, AND THEY KNOW IT IS WRONG! Part of my muse dies when people say and do things to ruin others chances of RP with someone. If you don't like them, either deal with them, or move on and don't RP with them. Don't send hateful things just to make them mad. It instigates the situation.

I want everyone to see this if I can get everyone to. I am getting tired of people doing this just to make people mad and leave. Edit my post Admins so it doesn't Incriminate you if you wish. But I have a voice and fingers to type. So I will say what I feel because I feel that it is necessary. I will leave you with a quote.

"Hate cannot drive out hate. Only Love can do that." - MLKjr.
Thank You.
[member="Kaiden 'Papa' Rohn"]
All Freedom of Speech says is that you can't be imprisoned for your views. I can't sue you for insulting me, and you can't be arrested for speaking out against the government.

It does not mean you can say whatever you want without consequence. If you were to say something that gets you fired, or expelled, or what have you, that's not under freedom of speech. That's part of life.

TL;DR: Freedom of Speech does not mean that you can say what you want without consequence. It means that the government can't censor it.

Especially when a good 1/4 of our members aren't American, it's all rather academic. :p

The thing about this situation which was galling was not that a former member started another board. That's a long hallowed tradition, starting with SWRP if you think about it.
What was galling was the total lack of respect, originality and fairness on behalf of those on the alternate site which copied word for word the documents people had spent a long time constructing. That's not just unoriginal, it's bad manners.

So what people have expressed in this thread is not that people are upset that someone tried to start up a rival, it's that they did it in the worst possible way.

However, I do agree that we need to temper our criticism and not go overboard. Hopefully the owner will be wise enough to recognise the points put to them and change things without further rancour.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I've already sent this in officially, but might as well say it here too. Guys, the Staff Announcements Threads are not a Peanut's Gallery for reckless commentaries. Now, I understand that we are all human and we need to express our emotions. That's healthy. It really is. But venting our frustrations in this manner and inside these official threads is not the way to go about it. Especially when it involves the stirred passions of a righteous indignation.

Remember remember. Tef already took away the Staff Critique because we couldn't contain our need for this, this... 'Social Justice'. And now that very compulsory disease is spreading here into this forum. We must curb our desire as a crowd to becry with offense, Off with their heads. Otherwise we will only lend our voices to the evils we so desperately desire to curb.

I'm no saint. But let us not forget what brings us here in the first place. Good times and great stories. :D

Just adding something about this whole freedom of speech thing.

America has First Amendment protection. The internet does not. Guess what we're posting on? It's the internet. Tef has the right to ban/persecute/whatever he wants to do because he owns the site. There are no First Amendment protections on the internet.

People need to realize that America != internet. Rights Americans (I) take for granted do not necessarily apply or extend to our internet lives.

sabrina

Hay I am British, and we have the freedom to moan.
It right that surpass the freedom of internet
Also we have the right to sarcasm
Also if you do any thing to our tea we have right to divorce you
That`s why america is not allowed to be a member of the commonwealth (lol)

Maria Natalja said:
This thread has become a discussion of civil rights. Interesting...
Plagiarism to bullying to Civil rights

Next up we shall talk about all the mess ups of political peoples in history! Now it would be better in the form of Jeopardy.

"Who is the man who despite losing at waterloo tried to gain is power again, but never was able to muster up anything to get it back?"
*Click-ring*
"Who is Napoleon?"
"Correct!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom